• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but...see...what you just said was on the same level as someone not knowing that Episode IV introduced Han Solo.

IT WAS THAT BAD

Ganon's a clone of Captain Falcon because almost all of his moves are very, very similar.

...How do you not know this already?
WHAT?!?! Han Solo was introduced in episode IV?!?!?! jk

Anyways, The only version of the first smash I ever played was on some wierd classic games thing on my friends original xbox (how he got there, and why smash was on there, I DON'T KNOW) and that version was only fighting (some wierd glitch that cancelled out all other options except the fighting mode) so there was no possible way for me to know that besides looking it up online (Which is kind of a wierd thing to just randomly do)

And I didn't know this already because the moment I played as Ganon, I absolutely despised him. He's too slow and doesn't jump high enough. So I never played as him again. And the reason I'm asking and not testing it out myself is because my friend is borrowing my game today.

And Master Warloc, You're not making any sense. When did I make a pathetic insult that would lead you to believe that I would do that. So in a way, what YOU said was a pathetic insult.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright. I'm posting in this thread to tell rexinator that he's an idiot.

Rexinator, you're an idiot.

Your friend probably used emulation to get Smash 64 on his Xbox and apparently failed horribly at it. Also, your post makes it seem like Ganondorf is in SSB64... do you really think that's true?

Oh, and you're still an idiot.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
You didn't have to pick on Rex like that...

And I do not think Roy should come back. Lyn seems like an obvious choice though, for a female representative and FE character.

I'm going to dig back up my character list.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Whats a quick way to find the list I made earlier? The page expired everytime I used the search function:ohwell:
If the thread search isn't working for you, try going to your profile (click on your username next to any of your posts), then go to "statistics", then "find all posts by Frogsterking", then use the Ctrl+F Find function to quickly look through each page of posts for a certain keyword related to your list.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Sorry, Kibble :/ You deserve better. But, discussion on SSB4 will attract a lot of noobs (maybe I'm one of them, but I try to act civilised, at least). Most likely, Nintendo will come crawling back to Sakurai and beg him to make a new Smash Bros that can't be taken seriously at all, by removing the option to turn off items and giving every base character two clones, while taking out all possibilities to combo via massive cool off and no cancelling.

Alright, maybe I took that too far, but, seriously, it only goes downhill from here for hardcore gamers.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I think 1) yeah, that was a little far, but 2) you're right. The "competitive" players aren't likely to be more satisfied by SSB4 than they were with Brawl. It could happen, but I don't think there's a good chance. Now me, as a casual gamer, I'm okay with that, but I certainly wouldn't mind competitive elements making their way into Smash. It's not like it really affects me...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
shadow queen from what game
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

EDIT: For female villains, she's an okay choice. However, there are other options:

Drawcia (Kirby Canvas Curse)
Nastasia (Super Paper Mario)
Veran (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages)
Gandrayda (Metroid Prime 3: Corruption)

My knowledge of video games is not infinite. Additions to this list would be appreciated. And remember, they have to have a chance of getting in (hence why I didn't put Gruntilda).

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Shadow Queen From What Game
*Sigh* Paper Mario: TTYD. Final Boss. If I may ask, can we refrain from questions like this? Google's your best friend for this type of question.

On other subjects, I'm always having the mindset that casual players are more satisfied than competitive, as well as the more money making ones: so many more features serve those who play casualy than competitive. Do you think that this will ever even out?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You know what, let's humor this Shadow Queen idea. Let's say Shadow Queen is going to be in the game. Well, how's it going to work?

Oh, wait, I seem to recall something...

An epic scene. Mario and Pit run along a dirt road. From a nearby hilltop, a shadow bug copy of Peach aims the Dark Cannon. Just before she fires, a blade rips through the Dark Cannon, demolishing it. The Peach copy turns her head to see Link standing there, the Master Sword in his hand. Yoshi comes running up behind him. An epic battle commences [ChangedStory] as the Peach clone transforms into... The Shadow Queen?! Yes, the Shadow Queen, in all her demonic splendor![/ChangedStory]

So maybe not quite like that, but the only way I see the Shadow Queen being worked in is as a boss-like character in the Story Mode... Which I have to admit, would be pretty cool. So, um... Shadow Queen for SSB4! Just not as a PC.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
They should get someone else to actually make the game so it isn't even more dumbed down but they should get Sakurai to write the Dojo updates.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
*Sigh* Paper Mario: TTYD. Final Boss. If I may ask, can we refrain from questions like this? Google's your best friend for this type of question.

On other subjects, I'm always having the mindset that casual players are more satisfied than competitive, as well as the more money making ones: so many more features serve those who play casualy than competitive. Do you think that this will ever even out?
Most likely not for any Wii game. Competitive gamers have to rely on Wii Shop Channel, Xbox 360, and PS2/3/P for that now.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Expecting a more "competitive" game from Smash is kinda dumb. I hate to sound cliche, but
there's still Melee, that accidentally competitive classic

Also, it's not necessary to pick on people here. After all, we're all dumb for spending so much time talking about something that's not even confirmed yet ;D

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I actually doubt that. The motion controls wouldn't work well in Smash. They're perfect right now, which is to say, they should be minimal and also optional.

But I don't think it'll be on the Wii, anyway. We've had one per console so far, and I expect it'll stay that way.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I actually doubt that. The motion controls wouldn't work well in Smash. They're perfect right now, which is to say, they should be minimal and also optional.

But I don't think it'll be on the Wii, anyway. We've had one per console so far, and I expect it'll stay that way.
Yeah, I guess I'm just being pessimistic.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
They should get someone else to actually make the game so it isn't even more dumbed down but they should get Sakurai to write the Dojo updates.
How about Sakurai keeps making the game and you go sit over there.

It surprises me anyone suggest he dumbed down the game. First, he didnj't make the game for Tourney***s. He made a 4 player fighting game, and he tried to make it as fun as possible. The means no more wavedashing or L-canceling. Only 2% could do them so who cares.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I think SSB4 will end up a lot more competitive if Miyamoto directs it. I mean, look at the games he's made so far: SM64, SMS, TLoZ:OoT (AND he made Master Quest after), TLoZ:WW, TLoZ:TP, SMG.

Those are all pretty hardcore games (most notable of SMS: The Secret Zones).

And then Sakurai made cuddly and overly easy (albeit highly complicated in the depths the entire game can reach) Kirby games, and then the pretty awesome puzzle game, Meteos (which can be played competitively, guys).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think SSB4 will end up a lot more competitive if Miyamoto directs it. I mean, look at the games he's made so far: SM64, SMS, TLoZ:OoT (AND he made Master Quest after), TLoZ:WW, TLoZ:TP, SMG.

Those are all pretty hardcore games (most notable of SMS: The Secret Zones).

And then Sakurai made cuddly and overly easy (albeit highly complicated in the depths the entire game can reach) Kirby games, and then the pretty awesome puzzle game, Meteos (which can be played competitively, guys).
But...Smash is a fighting game. Miyamoto's never done that. And Smash was created by Sakurai, who happened to be in charge when the 'great competitive accident' to which we must compare everything to happened.

*what's SMS?*

Linkshot

Smash Hero
But...Smash is a fighting game. Miyamoto's never done that. And Smash was created by Sakurai, who happened to be in charge when the 'great competitive accident' to which we must compare everything to happened.

*what's SMS?*
That's just it. It was an accident, and now Sakurai knows how to avoid it.

SMS = Super Mario Sunshine

Roihu

Smash Ace
I really want Mt. Dedede to be a stage, or at least part of the new plot.
And if it's part of the story, you have to get there only by Kirby using his star shooting stars against Kabula.
I want Kabula to be a boss. n.n And I want Masked Dedede to be an alt costume or something.
EDIT: Masked Dedede should actually be Dedede's Finals Smash. It'd fit perfectly!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That's just it. It was an accident, and now Sakurai knows how to avoid it.

SMS = Super Mario Sunshine
He still knows more about Smash than anyone else, and could "bring back Melee" if he wanted (read: unlikely)
Melee's still there by the way

*Oh, so what's "The Lost Zones" you speak of?

EDIT: @Roihu - Read sig, READ SIG!

Roihu

Smash Ace
I knew about your sig, but I really want Masked Dedede as his Final Smash.
I also want Galacta Knight to be implemented into the next SSB somehow. I mean, he's the FREAKING MOST AWESOME KIRBY BOSS EVER! Even more so than 02.
EDIT: At least his theme song would be nice.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I knew about your sig, but I really want Masked Dedede as his Final Smash.
I also want Galacta Knight to be implemented into the next SSB somehow. I mean, he's the FREAKING MOST AWESOME KIRBY BOSS EVER! Even more so than 02.
EDIT: At least his theme song would be nice.
Ah well, I don't know anything about either character. I liek Kirby though...

(srsly though, Mt. Dedede looks like the site of an epic Smash battle. I would cry if it didn't appear as a stage in the next game
and then promptly get over it
)

EDIT: Ooh, theme is very nice sounding. I want Kirby Super Star Ultra :(

Roihu

Smash Ace
Galacta Knight and Masked Dedede are the new bosses from Kirby Super Star Ultra.
Masked Dedede is awesome, but Galacta Knight, for a lack of a more sophisticated term, is BADASS!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Aren't you leaving someone out?

It's a tough call between Galacta Knight and Marx... Galacta Knight is just freaking bad-a, but Marx is super-psychotic. Apples and oranges, really...

Australia, puttin' shrimp on the barbie, mate!
How about Sakurai keeps making the game and you go sit over there.

It surprises me anyone suggest he dumbed down the game. First, he didnj't make the game for Tourney***s. He made a 4 player fighting game, and he tried to make it as fun as possible. The means no more wavedashing or L-canceling. Only 2% could do them so who cares.
Quoted for absolute truth.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
They should make it so that you can play SSB in SSB4, kind of like a masterpiece, but not timed.That would be awesome, and then, if they were smart, they would give that mode online play.

To sum it up, SSB4 should have the ability to let you play SSB offline or online.

I think it is a pretty good idea, because most people probably won't have their N64's by the time SSB4 comes out.;)

What do you guys think?

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
They should make it so that you can play SSB in SSB4, kind of like a masterpiece, but not timed.That would be awesome, and then, if they were smart, they would give that mode online play.

To sum it up, SSB4 should have the ability to let you play SSB offline or online.

I think it is a pretty good idea, because most people probably won't have their N64's by the time SSB4 comes out.;)

What do you guys think?
AWSOME idea. It would be a relief to FINALLY play the real game.

P.S. People make mistakes. I'm sorry if I angerred any of you. (But seriously, I said one thing and you guys chew me out for a half a page, REALLY) So let's all just put it behind us. I'm not an idiot and you guys aren't what I wanted to say you were earlier.

Roihu

Smash Ace

What do you guys think?
Not to insult you, but that'd probably be if they were stupid. Really, Nintendo wants money. That's not money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom