• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I don't even want a brand-new game, JUST BRING BACK THE DOJO!!! :urg:
okay, why would you rather have the Dojo instead of a new Smash 4?

but I do feel you, I sure miss the Dojo updates from 1 year ago, especially Sonic's update on October 10 which was shocking,

Skink

Smash Apprentice
Needs more Pokémon. There are so many options for good brawlers from them. (lookin' at YOU scyther and gengar) Unfortunately, they only care about the new generation.. which kinda blows. :/

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Needs more Pokémon. There are so many options for good brawlers from them. (lookin' at YOU scyther and gengar) Unfortunately, they only care about the new generation.. which kinda blows. :/
Just because there are good options doesn't mean they should include them all. I made a wicked sweet moveset for Sandslash. Does that mean he should be included in Smash? No. Iconic Pokemon get spots. That's just that.

And if they only care about the new generation, then explain...

1st generation -- Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard
2nd generation -- Pichu
3rd generation --
4th generation -- Lucario

Yep. That's definitely favoring the newer generations...

OmegaXXII

2nd generation -- Pichu
3rd generation --

1st generation FTW!

seriously, if Brawl would have had Mewtwo it would have been perfect!!, and that being said I would even care for a 4th Smash.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Just because there are good options doesn't mean they should include them all. I made a wicked sweet moveset for Sandslash. Does that mean he should be included in Smash? No. Iconic Pokemon get spots. That's just that.

And if they only care about the new generation, then explain...

2nd generation -- Pichu
3rd generation --

What he means is if they're going to add a pokemon that isn't 1st gen, it won't be from any other gen except for the latest. Also, Pichu just proves that they only care about the latest generation.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What he means is if they're going to add a pokemon that isn't 1st gen, it won't be from any other gen except for the latest. Also, Pichu just proves that they only care about the latest generation.
No, I'm pretty sure he was complaining that they wouldn't add any first-gens. Funny enough, they've done that every game, even if the Melee first-gen addition was cut from Brawl. He named two first-gen Pokemon. There's really no reason for them to add any Pokemon that's not first-gen or last-gen, though, since the first generation are the originals, and the last generation are the marketing tools.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Come up with a name for the next smash bros game. Something i read over the internet its
Super Smash Bros Revolution
I know you already know that that Super Smash Bros Revolution was the first name for Brawl before Nintendo Revolution swiched to..... Nintendo Wii. But to be honest, I don't like that name too much becasue Revolution seems like the final fight and we and many other people want Smash to be alive forever so that name title make it seem like it's a final fight.

Hmm, I think the name should be Super Smash Bros. Fusion. ;p

OmegaXXII

My head...hurts from scouring for signs of intelligent life reading the last few pages.
I feel you, i've yet to see anybody post something of significance to discuss other than SirKibble.

Hmm, I think the name should be Super Smash Bros. Fusion. ;p

no, it it has to be renamed why not Super Smash Bros. collision/clash

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I feel you, i've yet to see anybody post something of significance to discuss other than SirKibble.
It wasn't always like this though, which is the sad thing. :(

Only within the past...10 or 20 pages has this thread been infected so. We really do have some pretty ballin' discussion, it's just that most of the cool people have abandoned it (hopefully just until the sickness runs it's course) for some other haven.
I won't say where we've gone in here, but it's fairly obvious if you're willing to look.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
It wasn't always like this though, which is the sad thing. :(

Only within the past...10 or 20 pages has this thread been infected so. We really do have some pretty ballin' discussion, it's just that most of the cool people have abandoned it (hopefully just until the sickness runs it's course) for some other haven.
I won't say where we've gone in here, but it's fairly obvious if you're willing to look.
I've been pretty busy lately IRL (that's IRL, kids), so I haven't really mustered up the motivation to post anything significant in a while. Thanks for thinking about me though!

You're not talking about me, are you....:(

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
flyinfilipino said:
You're not talking about me, are you....:(
Technically, yes I was. :)

And you should know what I'm talking about too. We've moved on to greener, more social pastures.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
For the name, Super Smash Bros. Frenzy.

Also, back to discussion, I'm pretty sure if there is an SSB4, it will be on the next-gen console; not another on the Wii. Smash Bros. seems to run its course that way.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What's the name of the main character of Cave Story?
I really, really, really don't want to tell you, as finding it out was, for me and a lot of others, the single best moment in a completely amazing game.

Seriously, play it for yourself and find out. (link in my sig! He's the guy in the middle!)

And in your honest, unbiased opinion, could the game gain popularity, become an insta-classic, and warrant the character's inclusion in Smash? :p
Just like Pit, Game & Watch, R.O.B., and (to a lesser extent) Saki all come from super-popular insta-classics, right?

The Cave Story hero is one of those characters that would get in the game sheerly because his game is so perfect. The whole story of the game, from development to release to reception is the epitome of videogamer ideology at it's finest.

That alone should net him a spot in Smash Bros..

...But it probably won't. From the way the internet's exploded about what was literally one sentence about 3/4 of the way through a massive release list, I'd say there's a good chance he'll become more and more popular as more people are turned onto him via Wii Ware. I mean, look at how well Mega Man 9's being accepted.

Cave Story is infinitely better than Mega Man 9, and even more obscure. So I have hope.

Not much...but still.

OmegaXXII

Click where.

EDIT: Guys, Ridley can be easily resized. Olimar was really small in his games. Bowser was much larger in some Mario games. Ridley was actually resized for the opening to Melee. He's roughly the size of Samus. Why don't you guys think about what the **** you're talking about?

I demand to see a link to see this!! NOW!!
sarcasm

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Alright, alright. Resized non-epic Ridley for SSB4, but I still want Sylux and Rundas in. The more Ice characters, the better :3 And I want a new Ice stage: Sector 4: Subzero.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
I think the name should actually be COOLER than Brawl. (Think about it, Brawl is a cooler name than melee. So the 4th game should have an even cooler one) Something like, Clash, or Crash, or Blitz. My favorite out of those 3 would be Blitz.

Just think about it, "Super Smash Bros. BLITZ". Freakin' AWSOME!!!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure we settled on Super Smash Bros. Donnybrook a long time ago.

But seriously, I've always liked Clash.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Wrong.

The coolest name in the English language is "Admiral Wolverine Lightningbolt". Everyone knows that, duh. :dizzy:

But I could settle for Donnybrook, if I had to.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Wrong.

The coolest name in the English language is "Admiral Wolverine Lightningbolt". Everyone knows that, duh. :dizzy:

But I could settle for Donnybrook, if I had to.
But they already did that one.

Super Smash BRos. Admiral Wolverine Lightningbolt.

So Donnybrook is our next best option.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Oh, for the love of--

Here's a couple solid lists, with a few repeat words.

List 1
affray, altercation, battle, bellicose, bellicosity, belligerence. associatedwords: militant, belligerency, belligerent, broil, combat, combative, combativeness, confrontation, contention, contest, contretemps, controversy, crossfire, crusade, dissension, donnybrook, encounter, engagement, feud, fracas, fray, friction, joust, mêlée, melee, pugnacious, pugnacity, sciamachy, scrimmage (colloq.), skirmish, strife, struggle, tussle, vendetta

List 2
affair, affray, altercation, argue, argument, attack, battle, bicker, bout, box, brawl, brush, clash, combat, conflict, confrontation, content, contest, controversy, cope with, debate, disagreement, dispute, duel, encounter, exchange, feud, fracas, fray, grapple, grit, hassle, impugn, joust, melee, mettle, militate, oppose, quarrel, resist, retaliate, rivalry, row, rumble, scrap, scuffle, skirmish, spar, spat, spirit, squabble, struggle, tiff, tilt at, war, withstand, wrangle

Courtesy of here.

klapaucius

Smash Apprentice
Revolver Ocelot in any incarnation is impossible. There's a 'no guns' rule in Smash, meaning that Ocelot would have to result to, what, CQC he learned from Big Boss?

Actually, Naked Snake as a character whose specials/smashes were based on CQC wouldn't be a bad idea...

Oh, for the love of--

List 1
affray, altercation, battle, bellicose, bellicosity, belligerence. associatedwords: militant, belligerency, belligerent, broil, combat, combative, combativeness, confrontation, contention, contest, contretemps, controversy, crossfire, crusade, dissension, donnybrook, encounter, engagement, feud, fracas, fray, friction, joust, mêlée, melee, pugnacious, pugnacity, sciamachy, scrimmage (colloq.), skirmish, strife, struggle, tussle, vendetta

List 2
affair, affray, altercation, argue, argument, attack, battle, bicker, bout, box, brawl, brush, clash, combat, conflict, confrontation, content, contest, controversy, cope with, debate, disagreement, dispute, duel, encounter, exchange, feud, fracas, fray, grapple, grit, hassle, impugn, joust, melee, mettle, militate, oppose, quarrel, resist, retaliate, rivalry, row, rumble, scrap, scuffle, skirmish, spar, spat, spirit, squabble, struggle, tiff, tilt at, war, withstand, wrangle
My nominations for best candidate:

Super Smash Bros.: Affair
Super Smash Bros.: Fracas
Super Smash Bros.: Tiff
Super Smash Bros.: Wrangle
and of course
Super Smash Bros.: Vendetta

•Col•

Smash Champion
Oh, for the love of--

List 1

List 2

Courtesy of here.
SUPER SMASH BROS. JOUST!!! O:<

lol

darkserenade

Smash Ace
*sigh* Both of you picked bad ones. It's obvious Super Smash Bros. Crossfire sounds so much better. Super Smash Bros. Rivalry is a close second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom