• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Heres another question, who thinks that if tripping is taken out, characters are balanced, and there are more universal AT's, people will still play SSBM?
Yes

@ Your previous post, I think Back specials, smash's etc would be kinda useless, and would disrupt gameplay

Like you would mean to turn around and use PK fire for spacing, but instead you use some weird move that ISNT PK fire, making it tedious and you would have to turn around, just to use a specific move.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ever since that new's, you've become crazy.:dizzy:

I think it's time we put we down...:(

Super Smash Bros Lagann, is the best name.
How about Super Smash Bros. Daigurren?

Jill would be the main character in the story mode.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ness: "PEE-KAY... What the--"

Yeah, I don't think I like the idea of back attacks aside from the Back Air. I like things like Side Smashes and Side Specials going both directions.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ness: "PEE-KAY... What the--"

Yeah, I don't think I like the idea of back attacks aside from the Back Air. I like things like Side Smashes and Side Specials going both directions.
How about PK Gas Fire?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That might work...

Anyway, if anyone still questions why Red (Pokemon Trainer) was put in instead of Ash... This is why.

Because he would suck.

Mewtwo's Law: There can only be one Falcon Punch!

Lol. But it is funny.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Melee 2.0? rofl

"Super Smash Bros. Melee has been announced for an online WiiWare game. The game will include all previous elements from the original, but will include 1st-party newcomers and a few stages from the game's successor Super Smash Bros. Brawl. All mechanics and gameplay have returned, and the wifi play is a remarkable addition to this new version. Click here for more details."
lol.. I demand to see a link of this NOW!!

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The only character who needs a btilt, b special and bsmash is Voldo. Check the moveset in my sig. That is all.

The next game WILL be titeled:

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS CLASH!
hey!, no fair, i named it like that first and I have the post to prove it.

no, it it has to be renamed why not Super Smash Bros. collision/clash
SEE!!

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Super Smash Brothers No Naku Koro ni...

SSB-When they cry....

I LIKE IT

Clash sounds so...primitive....

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
You said collision/clash, which isn't the same as saying Clash. I've been saying Clash shouuld be the title of the 4th since Brawl's release. Suck it.

I'm being realistic here. The title WILL be primitive. How are the words Melee and Brawl not primitive? Clash is one of the few words that sounds good in the title and means the same thing as the other two words at the same time.

"Mario jumped into the melee"
"Mario jumped into the brawl"
"Mario jumped into the clash"

If your word doesn't fit into that sentence and have the same meaning as the other three, it won't be the title.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
OK guys, to rid this thread of the title topic, I've come up with the perfect new title: Super Smash Bros IV. Next subject: What should happen to the current chars with the same/similar
B moves/Special attacks?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You said collision/clash, which isn't the same as saying Clash. I've been saying Clash shouuld be the title of the 4th since Brawl's release. Suck it.

I'm being realistic here. The title WILL be primitive. How are the words Melee and Brawl not primitive? Clash is one of the few words that sounds good in the title and means the same thing as the other two words at the same time.

If your word doesn't fit into that sentence and have the same meaning as the other three, it won't be the title.
I just want to point out that the other blaringly obvious option, based on this criterion, is "fray."

But I still favor Clash.

Super Smash Clash. Yeah.

cba

Smash Master

*mario jumped in the...64?*

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
64 was a fan made tag to the name Super Smash Bros so that people don't confuse the 1st game with the series as a whole. It doesn't count.

and I hope everyone realizes that Sakurai said 'if' he makes another Smash Bros, that he would have to tweak something of the original formula to be interested. What could he possibly change? o.O

I guess someone from Nintendo could actually be head honcho of Smash from now on (lol at the interesting thought of Myamoto making the next Smash bros game).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Darkwashu said:
Super Smash Bros Lagann, is the best name.

Frogsterking said:
Also, what does everyone think about Back smashes, Back tilts and Back specials?
Of all the times this thread has gone over this, the best idea we've settled on is "yes, but only if they're just slight alterations".

So, using PK Fire as an example, the "Back" version of it might make Ness angle it slightly upwards, though it would travel a slightly shorter distance.

MasterWarlord said:
"Mario jumped into the Cave Story!"

...For the second time in two days, I believe I have just **** myself. :bee:

@DS: I like how everyone just glossed over your topic. It's fairly obvious though: if they're *too* similar, then change them. There really aren't too many that are like that though. The only ones I'd really like to change up a little are Falco's, Ganondorf's, Lucas', and maybe Charizard's.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Clash doesn't sound too great. Super Smash Bros. Explosion would be epic - the case would be all the characters escaping from a Falcon / Ganondorf colliding their Falcon Punch and Warlock Punch.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Bros. Clash doesn't sound too great. Super Smash Bros. Explosion would be epic - the case would be all the characters escaping from a Falcon / Ganondorf colliding their Falcon Punch and Warlock Punch.
Warlock punch should be far gone:ohwell:

Lucas should be decloned, Gananndorf should be decloned, and Wolf and Falco should have decloned B moves.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
I will never resort to playing as Ganon ever again, (as listed in my sig) So could someone please tell me how Ganon is a clone.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Blahh.. I almost expect Little Mac and Saki Amamiya to be playable in the next game now, with Wii versions of their games coming out now. Especially Saki. Or, well, whoever the main character of Sin & Punishment 2 is going to be.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Blahh.. I almost expect Little Mac and Saki Amamiya to be playable in the next game now, with Wii versions of their games coming out now. Especially Saki. Or, well, whoever the main character of Sin & Punishment 2 is going to be.
If anyone, it probably wouldn't be Saki. I theorize that the protagonist of S&P2 is Saki's son (which is vaguely hinted at in the end of S&P).

I'd be all for that, even without having played the game yet. If such a terrifically obscure VC game can warrant an entire AT just because it's so darn awesome, surely a full-fledged retail game should be able to net TREASURE a whole character, right?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Rex, you are an epic fail. Falcon was unlockable in 64, and Ganondorf clearly had the "cloney" box. Ganondorf needs his energy ball, dual swords, and further use of his incredibly powerful magic; not just "lawl i punch u"

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
Rex, you are an epic fail.
Well I didn't know so SORRY. ****, do you guys REALLY have to insult someone instead of telling them what they said wrong like a NORMAL person would do?!?! I'm sure you guys have a lot of friends.
sarcasm

Anyway, could someone just answer my question without being a numbskull about it?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well I didn't know so SORRY. ****, do you guys REALLY have to insult someone instead of telling them what they said wrong like a NORMAL person would do?!?! I'm sure you guys have a lot of friends.
sarcasm
It wouldn't be so bad if we were talking about Zelda or something...but c'mon, ther have only been three Smash Bros. games. At the very least, you should check your facts with a Wiki search before joining in a conversation on a site dedicated to one single videogame series. :ohwell:

Anyway, could someone just answer my question without being a numbskull about it?
Linkshot already did.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
It wouldn't be so bad if we were talking about Zelda or something...but c'mon, ther have only been three Smash Bros. games. At the very least, you should check your facts with a Wiki search before joining in a conversation on a site dedicated to one single videogame series. :ohwell:

Linkshot already did.
First of all, this thread is under "General BRAWL Discusion". Technically, I don't have to know anything accept BRAWL things as long as I post here. Second, You could have told me what my mistake was BEFORE you started bashing me. And third, Linkshot didn't explain the similarities between the two, he just said the things that Ganon SHOULD HAVE.

Now I'll ask again. Could someone PLEASE tell me how Ganon is a clone, NOT the things Ganon should have.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
You're almost as bad as SmashBrosMike was. Falcon was in 64. Ganondorf wasn't. Falcon and Ganondorf have the same movesets. Whoever came first is the original character, while the second character is the clone. The fact Ganondorf's cloned moveset doesn't fit him at all also helps.

If you don't know that. . .Your opinions are not valid. *Adds to list of trolls*

*Goes back to SSB4 discussion group*

*Awaits pathetic come back from rexinator*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
First of all, this thread is under "General BRAWL Discusion". Technically, I don't have to know anything accept BRAWL things as long as I post here. Second, You could have told me what my mistake was BEFORE you started bashing me. And third, Linkshot didn't explain the similarities between the two, he just said the things that Ganon SHOULD HAVE.
Yeah but...see...what you just said was on the same level as someone not knowing that Episode IV introduced Han Solo.

IT WAS THAT BAD

Now I'll ask again. Could someone PLEASE tell me how Ganon is a clone, NOT the things Ganon should have.
Ganon's a clone of Captain Falcon because almost all of his moves are very, very similar.

...How do you not know this already?

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
If anyone, it probably wouldn't be Saki. I theorize that the protagonist of S&P2 is Saki's son (which is vaguely hinted at in the end of S&P).

I'd be all for that, even without having played the game yet. If such a terrifically obscure VC game can warrant an entire AT just because it's so darn awesome, surely a full-fledged retail game should be able to net TREASURE a whole character, right?
Yeah, that'd be cool. When I saw Saki was an Assist Trophy, I wished they'd made him playable. It seemed like they wanted to.

Anyways, my only other requests for characters would be for Roy to return, Lyn to be playable or Sigurd, Alm or Micaiah. Even though Alm is from the outlier game in the series.. I still like the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom