• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
Itd be funni if they did make Miis playable and they were top tier.

Posted by sniperfire: "In ssb4, i hope sakurais kirby characters wont all be high tiers."

^^This.
I wish sakurai wasnt making smash4, cause that automatically makes Link low/bottom tier.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Perhaps Black Shadow would be a better F-Zero rep because he's the bad guy?

But, they DID hint a romance between Falcon and Jody in GX, so that's possible, but only until BS gets in, which is unlikely.

Once again, Krystal must be in.

That is all.
Nono. Nonono.

The romance was between John Tanaka and Jody Summer. Falcon had nothing to do with it.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I also hope for Black Shadow to be in. Then I will like to see the villains battle.

Bowser vs King K. Rool vs Black Shadow vs Ganondorf

Linkshot

Smash Hero
So yeah I pretty sure that King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Megaman, and Mach Rider will be playable Characters if it does come out and happen. I'm hoping for Ridley. Unless Sakurai still hates him at that time. grrrr.
How does Sakurai hate Ridley? There's two of him in the game, and he gave him the coolest entrance.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
yeah but in the first fight of Ridley sakurai made him a clone of Master Hand on purpose and also he won't make him playable since he hates him. Ugh I just want to knock Sakurai to the ground and stomp on his head until it goes splat! Why can't he do us one little thing and realize fans want Ridley playable. grrr.

Karas

Smash Cadet
cool thread, but anyways I hope Megaman (who should have been in Brawl btw! Sakurai will be in the next installment of Smash, but this gets me thinking, will there even be another smash?

Good ol' Megaman:
My brother and his friend actually discussed it while playing megaman 9 on wii, and they say it would just be another samus but if anything better

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Ugh really Sakurai why can't you just do us fans a little thing. But no you just have to keep holding it and ignoring do you.

I jsut want to knock him to the ground and then stomp my foot onto his head until it goes splat! Grrr why can't he just let it go and realize it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Sorry, i dont follow?
Exactly.

Karas said:
My brother and his friend actually discussed it while playing megaman 9 on wii, and they say it would just be another samus but if anything better
Eh, probably not. Mega isn't as floaty as Samus, and his beam's got more rapid-fire to it. Plus he lacks a Morph Ball, any sort of ability capable of mimicking Screw Attack, and he's not as "agile" as Samus is.

If they put him in, he'll be original enough. Don't worry.

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.
If Sakurai makesONE more clone im gonna-
-NEWS- We interupt this forum post to tell you breaking news.Masahiro Sakurai was ***** this morning on the streets apparently due to some idiotic decisions in his new game:Super Smash Clones:Clone!.We'll get back to you with more details later.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
If Sakurai makesONE more clone im gonna-
-NEWS- We interupt this forum post to tell you breaking news.Masahiro Sakurai was ***** this morning on the streets apparently due to some idiotic decisions in his new game:Super Smash Clones:Clone!.We'll get back to you with more details later.
......okay random?

Karas

Smash Cadet
your Probably Right, he can actually Take his Helmet off, and he has alot of different Color Costumes to work with

kuro06

Smash Cadet
yeah but in the first fight of Ridley sakurai made him a clone of Master Hand on purpose and also he won't make him playable since he hates him. Ugh I just want to knock Sakurai to the ground and stomp on his head until it goes splat! Why can't he do us one little thing and realize fans want Ridley playable. grrr.
So....giving Ridley two boss fights a awesome enterence as well as amazing theme means that he hates him? Sure he isn't a playable character but if sakurai REALLY hated him why take the time to put him in the game? :confused:

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I've lived with clones before, I can do it again. But no clones would be nice.

Look at it this way, though. We have 39 characters already. Out of all of them, something HAS to be relatively similar to another character. It's like saying Falco stole SSB64 Kirby's fAir, and Sonic stole Falco's current fAir. There's only so many maneuvers that can be pulled off.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
My main concern about clones is the final smashes:

Lucas/Ness: same final smash

Wolf/Fox/Falco: same final smash

Link/Toon Link: same everything!!!

It bugs the crap out of me. The only clone I can think of that has a different final smash is Luigi.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
I cant see megaman being a clone of samus as the only thing they have in common are the armcannons. So basically thier standard B move will be the same, but thats about it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
It confuses me why Samus can't have a rapid-fire B uncharged. The Power Beam has insane fire rate.
Megaman would charge faster, faster projectile, less damage.

This would also make Bass an Assist Trophy, obviously. Blues, Roll, and Dr. Light would get cameos.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey everyone just curious how about talking about what bosses should be in the next smash game. Because I have some ideas for bosses.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
ANY bosses would be better than Brawl's. Well, any bosses that aren't just made up.

I want some Kracko, Dark Matter, Arceus (lol), Mother Brain, Metal Sonic, Eggman, Metal Gear, Ice Climbers Conder, King Hippo, and anything/everything else. Seriously, if the new Subspace Emissary had just a random plot with no epicness but cool cutscenes like in Brawl and a lot of awesome video game bosses it'd be fine in my book.

...seriously, I want to fight Arceus.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
oh yeah sorry. Well how about what pokemon that should come out of a pokeball because I have a good list of them.

and these are what should be the pokeball pokemons should be in the next smash bros game.

Rare Pokemon

Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Manaphy
Moltres
Entei
Suicune
Ho-oh
Lugia
Groudon
Kyogre
Rayquaza (New *Not a boss anymore*)
Deoxys
Regice (New)
Regirock (New)
Registeel (New)
Latias
Latios
Dialga (New)
Palkia (New)

Uncommon Pokemon:

Aggron (New)
Bellossom
Electrode
Exploud (New)
Salamence (New)
Staryu
Tropius (New)
Wobbufet
Metagross
Seviper (New)
Torkoal
Snorlax
Togepi
Weavile
Infernape (New)

Common Pokemon:

Chickorita
Torchic
Turtwig (New)
Munchlax
Piplup
Gulpin
Goldeen

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Manaphy's already a Poke Ball Pokemon... :laugh:

I think that all the Legendary Pokemon that don't appear elsewhere (stage, character, boss) should be obligatory Poke Ball Pokemon. And that any and all removed Poke Ball Pokemon from the previous games should come back, or at least the ones removed form Melee.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
@Frogsterking: If they did that they'd have to nix his Neutral Special. Personally I think it's fine like it is (though I liked Koopa Klaw better...): it makes Bowser do what he does best: up close and personal beatdowns.
I think it would be perfectly fine to have two fire specials:ohwell:

Fire and a little clawing is what he mostly did anyway in video games. And I agree about being up close, I think Wolfs blaster range would be a good range if Bowser had a fireball projectile.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Titan Dweevil, Marx, Dyna Blade, Tap Tap, Gohma, Frankystein Mark II, Super Dimentio, Giovanni.

What about those? :D

EDIT:

Pokeballs:

Articuno, Zapdos, Raikou, Shaymin, Rotom, Gallade, Drifblim, Forretress (in addition to the aforementioned)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I also think these should be the assist trophy characters in the next smash bros game.

Starting Assist Trophy Characters:

Hammer Brother

Lakitu

Kat & Ana

Tingle

Knuckle Joe

Metroid

Andross

Jeff

Samurai Goroh

Nintendog

Dr. Wright

Little Mac

Excitebike

Stafy

Jill

Devil

Saki Amamiya

Helirin

Mr. Resetti

Hidden Assist Trophy Characters:

Ray Mk III

Barbara

Infantry and Tanks

Kanden

King Bulblin & King Bullbo

Dark Matter

Topi

Gray Fox

Shadow the Hedgehog

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Also these should be the playable characters in the next smashb ros game. These playable Characters are just an idea for Sakurai and this is what the roster should be. Anyway here are the playable characters at the start and the unlockable characters.

Playable Characters at the Start:

Mario
B: Fireball
^B: Super Jump Punch
>B: Cape
vB: F.L.U.D.D.
Final Smash: Mario Finale

Yoshi
B: Egg Lay
^B: Egg Throw
>B: Egg Roll
vB: Yoshi Bomb
Final Smash: Super Dragon

Peach
B: Toad
^B: Peach Parasol
>B: Peach Bomber
vB: Vegetable
Final Smash: Peach Blossom

Bowser
B: Fire Breath
^B: Whirling Fortress
>B: Flying Slam
vB: Bowser Bomb
Final Smash: Giga Bowser Transformation

Wario
B: Chomp
^B: Corkscrew
>B: Wario Bike
vB: Wario Waft
Final Smash: Wario-Man

Mona
B: Baton Twirl
^B: Cheer Kick
>B: Vespa
vB: Perfume
Final Smash: Mona Pizza

Donkey Kong
B: Giant Punch
^B: Spinning Kong
>B: Coconut Shooter
vB: Hand Slap
Final Smash: Konga Beat

Diddy Kong
B: Peanut Popgun
^B: Rocketbarrel Boost
>B: Monkey Flip
vB: Banana Peel
Final Smash: Rocketbarrel Barrage

Link
B: Hero's Bow
^B: Spin Attack
>B: Gale Boomerang
vB: Bomb
Final Smash: Triforce Slash

Zelda/Shiek
B: Nayru's Love/Needle Storm
^B: Farore's Wind/Vanish
>B: Din's Fire/Chain
vB: Transform
Final Smash: Light Arrow

Kirby
B: Inhale
^B: Final Cutter
>B: Hammer
vB: Stone
Final Smash: Cook Kirby

Meta Knight
B: Mach Tornado
^B: Shuttle Loop
>B: Drill Rush
vB: Dimensional Cape
Final Smash: Galaxia Darkness

King Dedede
B: Inhale
^B: Super Dedede Jump
>B: Waddle Dee Toss
vB: Jet Hammer
Final Smash: Waddle Dee Army

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
B: Charge Shot/Paralyzer
^B: Screw Attack/Plasma Wire
>B: Missile/Plasma Whip
vB: Bomb/Flip Jump
Final Smash: Zero Laser/Power Suit Samus

Ridley
B: Flaming Breath
^B: Pteranodon Attack
>B: Claw
vB: Sky Dive
Final Smash: Meta Ridley - Omega Ridley

Fox McCloud
B: Blaster
^B: Fire Fox
>B: Fox Illusion
vB: Reflector
Final Smash: Landmaster

Krystal
B: Plasma Cannon
^B: Booster Pack
>B: Portal Device
vB: Sensor Bomb
Final Smash: Krazoa Spirits

Pikachu
B: Thunder Jolt
^B: Quick Attack
>B: Skull Bash
vB: Thunder
Final Smash: Volt Tackle

Pokemon Trainer
vB: Pokemon Change
Final Smash: Triple Finish
Charizard
B: Flamethrower
^B: Fly
>B: Rock Smash
Squirtle
B: Water Gun
^B: Withdraw
>B: Waterfall
Ivysaur
B: Bullet Seed
^B: Vine Whip
>B: Razor Leaf

Lucas
B: PK Freeze
^B: PK Thunder
>B: PK Fire
vB: PSI Magnet
Final Smash: PK Starstorm

Ice Climbers
B: Ice Shot
^B: Belay
>B: Squall Hammer
vB: Blizzard
Final Smash: Iceberg

Ike
B: Eruption
^B: Aether
>B: Quick Draw
vB: Counter
Final Smash: Great Aether

Pit
B: Palutena's Arrow
^B: Wings of Icarus
>B: Angel Ring
vB: Mirror Shield
Final Smash: Palutena's Army

Captain Olimar
B: Pikmin Pluck
^B: Pikmin Chain
>B: Pikmin Throw
vB: Pikmin Order
Final Smash: End of Day

Isaac
B: Gaia Blade
^B: Mystery Blade
>B: Grievous Blade
vB: Earth Shield
Final Smash: Grand Gaia

Lip
B: Lip's Stick
^B: Lip's Wings
>B: Lip's Block
vB: Lip's Flower
Final Smash: Panel De Pon Rise

Hidden Playable Characters:

Jigglypuff
B: Rollout
^B: Sing
>B: Pound
vB: Defense Curl
Final Smash: Puff Up
Unlock: Play 500 Generation Matches, or have her join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the first 10 Event Matches.

Marth
B: Shield Breaker
^B: Dolphin Slash
>B: Dancing Blade
Final Smash: Critical Hit
Unlock: Play 40 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete Classic Mode on any difficulty.

Luigi
B: Fireball
^B: Super Jump Punch
>B: Green Missile
vB: Luigi Cyclone
Final Smash: Negative Zone
Unlock: Play 287 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete Classic Mode without continuing.

Dixie Kong
B: Pinwheel
^B: Backflip
>B: Hair Copter
vB: Crate
Final Smash: Rock Guitar Blast
Unlock: Play 133 Generation Matches, or have her join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or have a total of 2,000 feet or more in the Home-Run Contest.

Ness (No longer a clone)
B: PK Flash
^B: PSI Teleport
>B: Trick Yo-Yo
vB: PSI Defense
Final Smash: PK Rocking
Unlock: Play 340 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete Classic Mode on Normal without continuing.

Sonic
B: Homing Attack
^B: Spring Jump
>B: Spin Dash
vB: Spin Charge
Final Smash: Super Sonic
Unlock: Play 741 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete Classic Mode with 15 Characters.

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
B: Paint Brush/Paint Goop
^B: Paint Copter/Vaporize
>B: Homing Shell/Paintballs
vB: Transform
Final Smash: Graffi Pollution
Unlock: Play 455 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete Event Match #31: Father & Son.

Falco Lombardi (No longer a clone)
B: Homing Launcher
^B: Fire Bird
>B: Sniper Rifle
vB: Barrier
Final Smash: Arwing
Unlock: Play 90 Generation Matches or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the 100-Man Generation.

Waluigi
B: Mischief
^B: Waluigi Jumpkick
>B: Tennis Racket
vB: Drill Kick
Final Smash: Bob-omb Launcher
Unlock: Play 403 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the Target Test on all 5 difficulties with any Character.

Captain Falcon
B: Falcon Punch
^B: Falcon Dive
>B: Raptor Boost
vB: Falcon Kick
Final Smash: Blue Falcon
Unlock: Play 151 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete Classic Mode in 12 minutes or less.

Toon Link (No longer a clone)
B: Gust Jar
^B: Deku Leaf
>B: Wind Waker
vB: Pear
Final Smash: Four Swords
Unlock: Play 505 Generation Matches, or fight him in the Meadow Stage in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary after completing it, or complete Classic Mode with every Default Playable Character.

Black Shadow
B: Bull Horn
^B: Shadow Drive
>B: Dark Defender
vB: Slam Fist
Final Smash: Bull Rush
Unlock: Play 637 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the Platform Test on all 5 difficulties with any Character.

Lyndis
B: Mani Katti
^B: Sol Katti
>B: Silver Bow
Final Smash: Slash Frenzy
Unlock: Play 222 Generation Matches, or have her join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the 5-Minute Generation.

King K. Rool
B: Knuckle Sandwich
^B: Crocodile Hurricane
>B: Boomerang Crown
vB: K. Rool Bomb
Final Smash: Kaptain K. Rool
Unlock: Play 578 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the 200-Man Generation.

Wolf O'Donnell (No longer a clone)
B: Blaster
^B: Fire Wolf
>B: Neutron Flame
vB: Surprise Bomb
Final Smash: Blasting Outburst
Unlock: Play 419 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or Reflect 50 projectiles.

Ganondorf
B: Warlock Punch
^B: Gerudo Lift
>B: Dark Ball
vB: Wizard's Foot
Final Smash: Ganon Transformation
Unlock: Play 363 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete Classic Mode on Hard.

Meowth
B: Pay Day
^B: Aerial Ace
>B: Scratch
vB: Swagger
Final Smash: Faint Attack
Unlock: Play 199 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or play in Training Mode for 30 minutes or more.

Paper Mario
B: Fire Flower
^B: Airplane
>B: Hammer
vB: Bump Attack
Final Smash: Supernova
Unlock: Play 800 Generation Matches, or fight him in the Snowy Stage in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary after completing it, or complete the Target Test on any difficulty with 40+ Characters.

Snake
B: Hand Grenade
^B: Cypher
>B: Remote Controlled Missile
vB: C4
Final Smash: Grenade Launcher
Unlock: Play 205 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete 25 Event Matches.

R.O.B.
B: Robo Beam
^B: Robo Burner
>B: Arm Rotor
vB: Gyro
Final Smash: Diffusion Beam
Unlock: Play 480 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or collect 250 different Trophies or Stickers.

Lucario
B: Aura Sphere
^B: ExtremeSpeed
>B: Force Palm
vB: Double Team
Final Smash: Aura Storm
Unlock: Play 388 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or get a total of 8000 coins collected in Coin Battle.

Mr. Game & Watch
B: Chef
^B: Fire
>B: Judgement
vB: Oil Panic
Final Smash: Octopus
Unlock: Play 432 Generation Matches, or have him join in Adventure Mode: Return of the Subspace Emissary, or complete the Platform Test on any difficulty with 40+ Characters.

Like it people.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
^ Uh... Was that really necessary?

Anyway, something I wanted to address, but it appears I got here a tad bit late for the bulk of it... There's pretty much no way MegaMan would end up as a Samus clone. Their only common attribute is the arm cannon, and concerning that, there are a number of implementable differences.

Samus sits in place while charging the Charge Shot. Once it's charged, she holds it until you choose to release it, during which time you are free to do literally anything else in her moveset. Samus only fires again when you press the button, and there is significant lag on both ends of the attack.
MegaMan would likely be able to run, jump, and possibly even attack while charging his MegaBuster, and while holding the charge. He's be unable to performs Special Moves, though, since you'd be holding down the B button to hold the charge. The release of the B button would fire the MegaBuster, which would, if charged, have notable startup and ending lag, making it dangerous to hold a charge during a complicated combo, as you might accidentally release B and mess it up. However, MegaMan would also be capable of rapid-fire shots.

The Charge Shot is capable of being quite powerful, but is also correspondingly slow.
The MegaBuster would likely fire a much faster energy blast, though it wouldn't be nearly as strong

Samus' Charge Shot has many, visible levels of charge, which can be seen by the size of her energy ball, only while she is charging the shot.
MegaMan's level of charge would likely be shown by his body glowing different colors, and he would probably have fewer levels of charge, like only 2 beyond the rapid-fire standard shot. He would glow one color to signify the first level of charge, and another for the next. This makes MegaMan's shot more dependent on knowing the timing of the charge, since you don't have a steady gauge, like with the Charge Shot. It also means that you and your opponents both know how charged he is at any point when he is charging.

Anyway, those are a couple of the obvious ones. And sure, that doesn't make them ridiculously different, but keep in mind that that's the only move they're in any way likely to share.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom