• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

•Col•

Smash Champion
EDIT - And to get the word out: OH MY GOD
Woot! Load memory from SD card! :chuckle:

Downloadable content, here we come :D

Here is a video of the new games:
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/index.html#event

Edit: Just watched a video of the new Punch-Out, looks like Little Mac and Glass Joe are back.

Looking at the clip of S&P 2, the hero looks like an older version of Saki's son, or Saki with more futuristic clothing and a hair cut.
Looks like Saki's/Mac's chances to get into the next smash game just increased. :p

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
How Do You Want Smash4's Engine to Be Like?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you prefer Smash4's engine to be like brawls, melee or how bout the very first smash bros game? Personally i would like it to be like smash64's engine which in my opinion was the most balanced outta all 3 of them. One thing i must say though is that i really hope its not like Brawl, i simply hate spammy and campy fights.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
For Fire Emblem playables in SSB4: Return of Roy, and welcome Lyndis! Fire Emblem shows much potential.
For Wario: Kat & Ana, Ashley, Waluigi.
For F-Zero: Black Shadow, Deathborn, Samurai Goroh.
For EarthBound: Poo, Lloyd.
For Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti, Kapp'n Toady, Copper.
For Yoshi's Island: Kamek, Bandit, Shy Guy.
For Mario series: Rawk Hawk, Dimentio, O'Chunks, Birdo.
For Donkey Kong: Chunky, King K. Rool.
For Zelda: Majora, Tetra, Dark Nut.

E. Gadd, Meteos, Mii (featuring Wii Sports attacks), Ezlo, Pak E. Derm for Assist Trophy status!

----------------------------------------------

I want it to be Melee speed and tether with Brawl air dodging and edge sweetspotting, with L-Cancelling, and hit stun falling between Melee and Brawl to make combos available but harder to pull off.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
For Fire Emblem playables in SSB4: Return of Roy, and welcome Lyndis! Fire Emblem shows much potential.
For Wario: Kat & Ana, Ashley, Waluigi.
For F-Zero: Black Shadow, Deathborn, Samurai Goroh.
For EarthBound: Poo, Lloyd.
For Animal Crossing: Mr. Resetti, Kapp'n Toady, Copper.
For Yoshi's Island: Kamek, Bandit, Shy Guy.
For Mario series: Rawk Hawk, Dimentio, O'Chunks, Birdo.
For Donkey Kong: Chunky, King K. Rool.
For Zelda: Majora, Tetra, Dark Nut.

E. Gadd, Meteos, Mii (featuring Wii Sports attacks), Ezlo, Pak E. Derm for Assist Trophy status!

----------------------------------------------

I want it to be Melee speed and tether with Brawl air dodging and edge sweetspotting, with L-Cancelling, and hit stun falling between Melee and Brawl to make combos available but harder to pull off.
Where the heck is dixie kong and daisy?

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
...Of all the Mother characters, why Lloyd and Poo?

Rawk Hawk, Dimentio, O'Chunks....Why them?

Also, there are some parts of the Meele engine I like better (Speed for example) and some of the Brawl (Magnet ledges)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
...Of all the Mother characters, why Lloyd and Poo?

Rawk Hawk, Dimentio, O'Chunks....Why them?

Also, there are some parts of the Meele engine I like better (Speed for example) and some of the Brawl (Magnet ledges)
Mother (Earthbound 0) doesn't have a representative yet. And Poo has strong fighting capabilities (sword and PSI). Brainshock, Teleport, Freeze, Thunder, Starstorm, Lifeup, Healing, Magnet. He could be unique in the fact that food doesn't heal him much, and Sakurai would buff him for that, and he would end up being broken in competitive play >.>

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
So Mother 0 doesn't have a rep yet.
So why not use Ninten...?

And just because they can fight well, that doesn't make them worthy.

Especially considering Poo is arguably the least popular Mother 2 character.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Link just needs his Melee Spin Attack mechanics back, and he'd be perfect.

@Darkwashu: Ninten's not going to be used because A) Mother 1 isn't anywhere near as good as Mother 2 or 3 B) he'll forever be Japan-only, unless Ninty's awesome and puts the GBA Mother 1 +2 package on the DSi Store, and C) HE'S THE SAME AS NESS

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I guess Saki (or whoever is going to replace him) along with Little Mac's chances of getting into SSB4 just got a good boost. Also, it seems like M&L3 may have Fawful returning with a significant role. (Some of those enemies seem to be wearing Fawful hats/glasses or soemthing to that effect)

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
@ C

Well, in most carnations, Ninten has a beret instead of Ness' cap, a scarf, different color'd shoes/socks, and no backpack and thats all.

In fanart, anyway...<_<

But yeah, Mother 0 will eventually get a rep but isn't needed, if you really need a Mother rep, but as for wishing Mother reps, Pokey, Maskedman or even Paula have priority over him.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
Link just needs his Melee Spin Attack mechanics back, and he'd be perfect.

@Darkwashu: Ninten's not going to be used because A) Mother 1 isn't anywhere near as good as Mother 2 or 3 B) he'll forever be Japan-only, unless Ninty's awesome and puts the GBA Mother 1 +2 package on the DSi Store, and C) HE'S THE SAME AS NESS
Yes links spin attack was teh 0wnag3 in melee. How can u nerf a spin huh sakurai? Jeez i think he just hates the zelda franchise. The games are probably to hard for him :]

gantrain05

Smash Master
Well i think infinite air dodging should be taken out, and maybe spot dodging as well, i feel defense is really broken in brawl.
yeah, i don't know about taking spotdodging out lol, can u imagine the ice climbers free to grab anyone because there is no spot dodge.....they would be top tier lol.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
For Link's recovery, boost Spin Attack and give him Double Clawshot. Switch Toon Link up to Phantom Sword, Deku Leaf, Wind Waker, Hurricane Spin, Skull Hammer, Grapple Hook. Put Young Link back in and give his spin Magic, Goron Spin, Zora Boomerang, Deku Bubble. That's all I have to say for the Links :3

P.S.: For some of Young Link's attacks, he'd very swiftly shift form then shift back.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Double Hookshots would work...how, exactly?

And Young Link isn't coming back, people. Majora's Mask is almost a decade old by now--we're not going to see the franchise get repped by such an old game.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Young Link was SUPPOSED to come back; all Melee players were. Nintendo decided to cut Brawl short, though. Anyway.

You fire a clawshot, if it doesn't reach, you fire another clawshot out of that. The first can hit the opponent and the second can latch on. If you're already latched via clawshot, you can snipe people with the second. Basically, you just press Grab again. It would give Link an amazing edge game :D

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Young Link was SUPPOSED to come back; all Melee players were. Nintendo decided to cut Brawl short, though. Anyway.
There were a lot of reasons why that didn't happen. He certainly wasn't going to come back with a spiffy new moveset that involved masks.

And in any case, he's gone now, and we have Toon Link instead. Maybe we'll get a new Link clone in SSB4, maybe Toon Link'll stick it out...but if the game has 3 Links, it will be a sad, sad decision on Ninty's part.

You fire a clawshot, if it doesn't reach, you fire another clawshot out of that. The first can hit the opponent and the second can latch on. If you're already latched via clawshot, you can snipe people with the second. Basically, you just press Grab again. It would give Link an amazing edge game :D
Yeah...that does sound really cheap. Also, SSB4's Link won't be TP Link, and I don't see the Dual Clawshots making a comeback in the next big Zelda title, so that effectively nips that in the bud.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
How about a create your own character thing!!!! You would get to choose body type, head type, eyes, nose, mouth , ears, clothes, masks, moves, EVERYTHING!!! and you wouldn't have to worry about limited things to choose from because the whole thing would be based entirely on downloadable content!!! You could like colect basic items throughout story mode and for the more creative things you could just go download a ninja-mask or something. But to make sure the other characters don't get left out, you can only make 1 per name.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
I think Jody Summer from F-Zero would fit in perfectly with the females of brawl after seeing her trophy.

Perhaps Black Shadow would be a better F-Zero rep because he's the bad guy?

But, they DID hint a romance between Falcon and Jody in GX, so that's possible, but only until BS gets in, which is unlikely.

Once again, Krystal must be in.

That is all.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
How Do You Want Smash4's Engine to Be Like?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you prefer Smash4's engine to be like brawls, melee or how bout the very first smash bros game? Personally i would like it to be like smash64's engine which in my opinion was the most balanced outta all 3 of them. One thing i must say though is that i really hope its not like Brawl, i simply hate spammy and campy fights.
I thought this was a pretty interesting topic to start a whole new debate yet no1 seemed to pay any mind to it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
How about a create your own character thing!!!! You would get to choose body type, head type, eyes, nose, mouth , ears, clothes, masks, moves, EVERYTHING!!! and you wouldn't have to worry about limited things to choose from because the whole thing would be based entirely on downloadable content!!! You could like colect basic items throughout story mode and for the more creative things you could just go download a ninja-mask or something. But to make sure the other characters don't get left out, you can only make 1 per name.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
No. Just...no.

Smash Bros. is about Nintendo videogame characters, not the insipid creations of 13-year old boys everywhere. There are also about a BAJILLION balance issues with that. If any character would constitute as a "custom character", it'd have to be Miis. They'd all have the same moveset, but obviously their looks could be changed at will.

@Frogsterking: If they did that they'd have to nix his Neutral Special. Personally I think it's fine like it is (though I liked Koopa Klaw better...): it makes Bowser do what he does best: up close and personal beatdowns.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Oh I never knew. Well anyway for the next smash game. If it does come out and happens. These are Characters that will most likely appear and also be playable Characters.

King K. Rool (Since he is one of the most requested characters to be playable. He will most likely appear)
Dixie Kong (Sakurai was planning on putting her in. So she might appear)
Mach Rider (I did hear he is one of Sakurai Favourite Characters. So it will be very likely he will add him)
Megaman (He could but hearing that he is requested as a third party. He will. But won't he be a samus clone? Just asking)

Those are the Characters that will most likely appear and be playable Characters. Also King K. Rool and Dixie will most likely appear as playable characters and both get in. But Mach Rider would be interesting. I wonder how his moveset would be. and as for Megaman he's cool but won't he be a samus clone because he looks like one just saying.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
No. Just...no.

Smash Bros. is about Nintendo videogame characters, not the insipid creations of 13-year old boys everywhere. There are also about a BAJILLION balance issues with that. If any character would constitute as a "custom character", it'd have to be Miis. They'd all have the same moveset, but obviously their looks could be changed at will.
It must be your duty to argue with me on everything I say.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
So yeah I pretty sure that King K. Rool, Dixie Kong, Megaman, and Mach Rider will be playable Characters if it does come out and happen. I'm hoping for Ridley. Unless Sakurai still hates him at that time. grrrr.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It must be your duty to argue with me on everything I say.
You got it! :bee:

...Seriously though, I apologize if I come off as a pr*ck, but you've gotta' see things from my perspective: over the past hundred or so pages, this thread has covered almost all of this stuff hundreds of times, and generally, when I disagree with something like this, it's because that's what the regulars of this thread had consensually determined after so much arguing about it.

The general consensus on custom characters is: No. There're too many balance issues due to all the variables, and we'd raher see actual characters than generic anime people with weird clothes.

The exception is the concept of Miis, but not to the same extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom