• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Fail for usage of Engrish.

Smash does need a Pollyanna remix though. Personally I'm a big fan of...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5645KqU4R1I

...but the chances of that actually happening are slim to none...
The one I posted was the original English version. It's sung by a woman from England named Catherine Warwick.

As for the one you've put up, I love this one as well, but nothing beats the original.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The one I posted was the original English version. It's sung by a woman from England named Catherine Warwick.
You can still be a native English speaker and sing in fluent Engrish, you know. :embarrass Either way, I had a hard time making out the lyrics.

@flyinfilipino: ...Wait, there's a Pollyanna song in Brawl?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
To all who have said that Krystal (starfox) is JUST in cuz she's a female filler with boobs:

http://retro.ign.com/articles/894/894511p6.html
If you're somehow trying to convince anyone that if Krystal had been more than a figure stuck in a crystal for 90% of that game, she wouldn't be appreciated for just her looks...

...then you're wrong. That's why she was made: to be a generic attractive female. Whether that "generic attractive female lead" or just "generic attractive female plot point", she's still a generic, attractive female.

Rare is a company that relies ENTIRELY on archetypes when designing characters, and Krystal is no different.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
She could be. But she also could've been in Brawl. There are no guarantees. Lots of people want her in, but that's not enough reason for her to necessarily get in. There are also a lot of solid arguments against her having a place in Smash. A lot of characters might be in the next game. Everyone from Balloon Fighter to MegaMan.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
My Pokemon Trainer improvement ideas:

1. What if more Pokemon Trainers of the different regions got in (to spice things up with new pokemon)

2. A pokemon trainer with only one pokemon, BUT throughout the course of a fight or adventure mode stage, new pokemon appear randomly and be be cought by pressing A on it like an item!!! That way you can use pretty much any pokemon that you want except the rares.

3. You get your pokemon at their lowest evolutions, and then, once you get to a certain damage percent, you evolve (like how when Lucario gets damaged he gets more powerful)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
My Pokemon Trainer improovement ideas:
lol

3. You get your pokemon at their lowest evolutions, and then, once you get to a certain damage percent, you evolve (like how when Lucario gets damaged he gets more powerful)
This is the only idea out of the three that's a feasible one. Unfortunately, the only Pokemon that's really based around the idea of "evolving" is Eevee, and while it might make for a neat character that would turn into any of it's...seven evolutions depending on the stage chosen and moves used against it (for example, if you were fighting in Norfair, and Ike used Eruption on Eevee, it'd turn into Flareon, etc.), Eevee's just not iconic or important enough to be included.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I say keep the Pokemon Trainers current Pokemon, they're cool Pokemon with great movesets that people really recognize. I really don't know why some people think the Pokemon Trainer should/will get new Pokemon.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I say keep the Pokemon Trainers current Pokemon, they're cool Pokemon with great movesets that people really recognize. I really don't know why some people think the Pokemon Trainer should/will get new Pokemon.
Mostly because the current ones...suck. Ivysaur and especially Charizard are two of the worst characters in the game, and the fatigue mechanic is an incredible handicap for a serious player to deal with.

But for what it's worth I agree with you, because I really like playing as them...but I don't do so as often as I'd like to because of how plain bad they are. :dizzy:

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
lol

This is the only idea out of the three that's a feasible one. Unfortunately, the only Pokemon that's really based around the idea of "evolving" is Eevee, and while it might make for a neat character that would turn into any of it's...seven evolutions depending on the stage chosen and moves used against it (for example, if you were fighting in Norfair, and Ike used Eruption on Eevee, it'd turn into Flareon, etc.), Eevee's just not iconic or important enough to be included.
What do you mean "just eevee"?!?! almost every pokemon ever can evolve (example: Charmander->Charmeleon->Charzard, or, Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastois)

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Krystal could've been in Brawl, but I really think Sakurai has been bias against the Star Fox Series since Melee. First they botch up the voice acting of the entire Star Fox Team in Melee, then in Brawl, they got Fox's, Wolf's (maybe Falco's?) voice actors from Assault, but they still botched the conversations between the Star Fox/ Star Wolf team on Lylat Cruise. Krystal should be in because she goes far beyond the role of "fan service character" as she holds a crucial role into the plot of Command.

Another person that needs to be in is Shadow. He is widely popular among new gen Sonic fans, followed only by Espio and probably Silver and Blaze. While Knuckles and Tails are good among the older fans, Shadow brings the bad *** spin that SSB4 is going to need to appeal to a new audience, as the inclusion of Sonic and Snake did for Brawl.

People have been also protesting the inclusion of Kratos. While I agree with them, I have a solution that will make both parties happy, Astaroth from Soul Calibur. Essentially, Kratos and Astaroth are one in the same. They both are large men, created by otherworldly forces who work for Aries, the god of war. So, that would be the only logical solution.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Instead of fatigue over time, as a redux of the damage for evolution idea, every minute that Pokemon is out, it evolves a stage. Pokemon Trainer will then be three separate characters (4, if you want to make him start throwing rocks and stuff).

Or, deal 100 damage to evolve.

If we're still talking Pokemon, Mewtwo needs to come back, a lot of fighting types need to be playable (Machamp, Medicham, Hitmon-, etc.) and every non-playable Legendary needs to be able to come out of the Poke Ball, except at a much lower chance than in Brawl.

And on the topic of new items: Shadow Bug. Like an Assist Trophy/Poke Ball, it summons an SSE enemy, and in uncommon occasions, heavy Subspace artillery (Armank, Greap, Roturret, etc.), and in very rare occasions, Duon or Galleom, or a shadow bug version of a character.

Adeline would be an interesting addition. (from Kirby Dream Land 3)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
What do you mean "just eevee"?!?! almost every pokemon ever can evolve (example: Charmander->Charmeleon->Charzard, or, Squirtle->Wartortle->Blastois)
Duh. But there aren't any other Pokemon that were designed around the concept of "evolving". What Pokemon better represents that element of the Pokemon games than Eevee, THE EVOLUTION POKEMON!?

notfmearth7 said:
Krystal could've been in Brawl, but I really think Sakurai has been bias against the Star Fox Series since Melee. First they botch up the voice acting of the entire Star Fox Team in Melee, then in Brawl, they got Fox's, Wolf's (maybe Falco's?) voice actors from Assault, but they still botched the conversations between the Star Fox/ Star Wolf team on Lylat Cruise. Krystal should be in because she goes far beyond the role of "fan service character" as she holds a crucial role into the plot of Command.
O NOES BOTCHED VOICE ACTING

VAs are a difficult bunch to track down sometimes, especially minor ones that play minor roles in videogames. That most likely has nothing to do with how Sakurai feels about Star Fox. If he didn't like the series, he wouldn't have put yet another Fox "clone" into Brawl.

Another person that needs to be in is Shadow. He is widely popular among new gen Sonic fans the cancer that is killing Sonic, followed only by Espio and probably Silver and Blaze. While Knuckles and Tails are good among the older fans, Shadow brings the bad *** spin that SSB4 is going to need to appeal to a new audience, as the inclusion of Sonic and Snake did for Brawl.
Shadow is not badass. This is badass. This is also badass. But this is NOT badass.

Also you're dumb: Smash Bros. is stupidly popular, and it's only going to get moreso, regardless of how "badass" the characters are.

People have been also protesting the inclusion of Kratos. While I agree with them, I have a solution that will make both parties happy, Astaroth from Soul Calibur. Essentially, Kratos and Astaroth are one in the same. They both are large men, created by otherworldly forces who work for Aries, the god of war. So, that would be the only logical solution.
I'm doing this as hard as I can.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Banjo&Kazooie need to be in SSB4. However, Nintendo decided to sell their rights to Rare. So no Conker, either.

Bomberman would have a limited moveset. However, they could make up for that...Bomb Set, Bomb Charge, Bomb Slide (Side B: Kick a bomb and ride on it for horizontal recovery), Bomb Ladder (Up B: Set a chain of bombs and bounce up them. They'll blow up on contact, though.)

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I think Pokemon Trainer should remain almost identical. I think they should add a female pokemon trainer to include three starters from another generation.

I also think Pikachu and Jigglypuff should never have been included in smash. Don't get me wrong, I love all three of them and their movesets, but they don't represent the VIDEO GAME SERIES. They were only put in because of the anime and I think that is wrong. The most suitable Pokemon reps would be Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo.

Characters I want to see beyond that is LOUIE from Pikmin. VERY unlikely, but the more Pikmin characters the better even if he would be a clone. King K. Rool is a definate. Other than that, Brawl added all the good ones :)

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Shadow is not badass
Maybe not, but he's better suited for fighting. And Lucario isn't old school, but he got higher priority than Mewtwo, so I can honestly see Sakurai putting him in before Tails and Knuckles. I honestly like Shadow. Lights a dark flare inside of me...

Characters I want to see beyond that is LOUIE from Pikmin. VERY unlikely, but the more Pikmin characters the better even if he would be a clone
Mamuta, Gatling Groink, or Man-at-legs.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Instead of fatigue over time, as a redux of the damage for evolution idea, every minute that Pokemon is out, it evolves a stage. Pokemon Trainer will then be three separate characters (4, if you want to make him start throwing rocks and stuff).

Or, deal 100 damage to evolve.
I really doubt the functionality of an evolution mechanic. If it's time-based, then the Pokemon 1) get screwed in Time matches, and 2) will beg to be the most campy character in the game. If it's damage-based, that's better, but evolution will still probably make them underpowered/overpowered either way.

If we're still talking Pokemon, Mewtwo needs to come back, a lot of fighting types need to be playable (Machamp, Medicham, Hitmon-, etc.) and every non-playable Legendary needs to be able to come out of the Poke Ball, except at a much lower chance than in Brawl.
You're not gonna get all the Fighting types. Sorry, but it's just not worth making that many characters. The Legendaries idea I do agree with, though.

And on the topic of new items: Shadow Bug. Like an Assist Trophy/Poke Ball, it summons an SSE enemy, and in uncommon occasions, heavy Subspace artillery (Armank, Greap, Roturret, etc.), and in very rare occasions, Duon or Galleom, or a shadow bug version of a character.
That could be cool. I'm not so sure about Duon and Galleom, though. . .

Adeline would be an interesting addition. (from Kirby Dream Land 3)
Sorry, but I have to point something out every time someone says that. The boss in KDL3 is called Ado, and beyond speculation, nothing suggests that they are the same character. They look similar, but Adeleine's only definitely appeared in Kirby 64. Speculation ranges from them being the same character, to brother and sister, to not related at all. Anyway, that's all. Just sayin'...

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Sorry, but I have to point something out every time someone says that. The boss in KDL3 is called Ado, and beyod speculation, nothing suggests that they are the same character. They look similar, but Adeleine's only definitely appeared in Kirby 64. Speculation ranges from them being the same character, to brother and sister, to not related at all. Anyway, that's all. Just sayin'...
I never thought about it that way o.o Alright. Then I meant Ado >.>

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I never thought about it that way o.o Alright. Then I meant Ado >.>
No problem. Everyone will know who you mean anyway, and for all intents and purposes, they might as well be the same character. It's just my job as a fanatic to point out the insignificant details. ;)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Linkshot said:
Maybe not, but he's better suited for fighting. And Lucario isn't old school, but he got higher priority than Mewtwo, so I can honestly see Sakurai putting him in before Tails and Knuckles.
90% of the Smash Brothers aren't as suited for fighting as other other Ninty characters. But the ones in the game are simply better characters than those other ones that are better warriors. Such is the case with Shadow.

And we know from things Sakurai has said that it was probably The Pokemon Company's b*tching that got Lucario in rather than Mewtwo, so if Shadow got in via that line of reasoning, it would only make me despise SEGA more than I already do for what they've done to my precious hedgehog.

Pikminmaniac said:
Characters I want to see beyond that is LOUIE from Pikmin.
I was actually pretty sure Louie would be in Brawl. It seems like a no-brainer to me, at least, to put him in the game. He'd definitely be an Olimar clone, but really, is that such a bad thing, considering how dissimilar "clones" in Brawl are to their source-characters?

@SiKibble: I don't agree about the Legendary thing. If you think about it, what was the last humanoid-sized/shaped Legendary? Darkrai, right? He'd be a possibility, but I mean...he's not even out in America yet.

Really I think we should just stick with "5th gen rep", and once we get to the 5th gen, the one with the most plot importance/the one who gets a movie made after it first will probably the one to get a spot in SSB4.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@SiKibble: I don't agree about the Legendary thing. If you think about it, what was the last humanoid-sized/shaped Legendary? Darkrai, right? He'd be a possibility, but I mean...he's not even out in America yet.

Really I think we should just stick with "5th gen rep", and once we get to the 5th gen, the one with the most plot importance/the one who gets a movie made after it first will probably the one to get a spot in SSB4.
Do you insist on missing the "r" every time? ;)

The Legendary thing was that all non-playable legendaries should be Pokeball Pokemon. Nothing was said about choosing a new Pokemon rep, who will obviously be 5th-gen.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Do you insist on missing the "r" every time? ;)
Nope! :bee:

The Legendary thing was that all non-playable legendaries should be Pokeball Pokemon. Nothing was said about choosing a new Pokemon rep, who will obviously be 5th-gen.
Oh alright. That's what I get for skimming over stuff, rather than actually reading it.

@Foxy Alopex: Link fit in fine with the SC cast because he shares similar physiques and weaponry, but in Smash Bros., where anything goes, it's less a matter of "how well they'd fit" as it is "are they worthy of fitting in?". Personally I'm all for Nightmare as a 3rd party Namco rep, because he's the icon of the series, and he would, without doubt, bring something new to the game.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I think since a generic Metroid was an Assist Trophy in Brawl, it has the most chance of getting into SSB4 as a playable Metroid character.

Lol. :lick:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom