• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's had that thought. :)

Biospark for top tier! Duh! Biospark pwns the souls of every other helper... 'Cept maybe Sir Kibble. ;)

But seriously, I would love that. Maybe more than Smash itself, Kirby-obsessed freak that I am.
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

TIME TO MAKE A BUNCH OF MOVESETS! I'ma go work on some, we should collab on this since we're both Kirby fanatics.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
we need shadow, but with a different moveset from sonic, and his final smash would be the same, except he can shoot lasers like in sonic the hedgehog. And, King DDD's final smash has to las longer, and it should be all gordos.
D:<

Shadow will never be in SSB4.

Tails, Knuckles or even Metal Sonic are all more important than him.

And who knows if we'll ever get another Soinc rep.

And no, that would make his FS VERY over powered.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
D:<

Shadow will never be in SSB4.

Tails, Knuckles or even Metal Sonic are all more important than him.

And who knows if we'll ever get another Soinc rep.

And no, that would make his FS VERY over powered.
Shadow's the second most popular Sonic character, for what it's worth. D:

The Cpu

Smash Rookie
New characters? I'm hoping they start with the ground work before adding 100 more characters with bugs to be abused. Brawl has worked out pretty sweet. But the more you add, the more time it will take balancing.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
we need shadow, but with a different moveset from sonic, and his final smash would be the same, except he can shoot lasers like in sonic the hedgehog. And, King DDD's final smash has to las longer, and it should be all gordos.
I doubt this will happen, if anything with Shadow, he would most likely be clone unfortunetly.

Shadow's the second most popular Sonic character, for what it's worth. D:

maybe so, but his similar appearance would surely not get him an original moveset *thinks of Luigi*

Knuckels is WAY better than Shadow could ever be

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I'd be up for a shadow clone of sonic if that means Louie from Pikmin 2 could get in with a slightly different moveset than Olimar. But I think Tails or Knuckles or even Dr. Robotnik should go before shadow. I'm worried they might give shadow guns to make him different.

OmegaXXII

who cares if shadow's a clone, he's stiil gonna be sweet either way.
not if he's a clone he ain't.

I'd be up for a shadow clone of sonic if that means Louie from Pikmin 2 could get in with a slightly different moveset than Olimar. But I think Tails or Knuckles or even Dr. Robotnik should go before shadow. I'm worried they might give shadow guns to make him different.

that's the scary thing about it, I don't think a Shadow moveset based on guns wouldn't be for the best (looks at crappy Shadow The Hedgehog game), but then again this would be a different game, but even so I would rather see Knuckels because at lease he wouldn't be guaranteed to be a Sonic clone.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Seeing Knuckles, Tails, or Shadow would be nice in the game but wouldn't Shadow be a clone to Sonic with his moves similiar to Luigi?

OmegaXXII

^that's exactly what I was getting into, just like Luigi is to Mario, Shadow would also be to Sonic meaning he would probably get "Luigified".

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
You guys just don't understand. First of all, clones are fun to play as because of who the characters ARE, not the moves in particular. Second of all, Shadow wouldn't be much of a clone because he has reduced speed, higher strength, and a whole set of different moves that have more to do with strength and obviously darkness and chaos (Hence the name SHADOW).

P.S. I'm now officially a "smash child"!!! No more "smash n00b"!!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
rexinator said:
First of all, clones are fun to play as because of the characters they ARE, not the move in particular.
This is true. :bee:

...Unfortunate, then, that the character in question is such a terrible one. :urg:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Aw, Shadow hatin'. :(

I like Shadow, personally. He's probably my favorite Sonic character. But still, I don't think it's worth having another clone character to be able to play as him. I'd rather see Knuckles, who is (for all intents and purposes) equally awesome, and wouldn't run the risk of being cloned. Shadow would be awesome, I think, but I'd rather avoid the clonage.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
You guys just don't understand. First of all, clones are fun to play as because of the characters they ARE, not the move in particular.
I'm pretty sure more gamers would want a third party character with a different moveset all together rather than a 3rd party clone. Third party characters are very limited, and I don't think a clone of one would make any casuals (maybe competative gamers) very happy.

rexinator said:
Second of all, Shadow wouldn't be much of a clone because he has reduced speed, higher strength, and a whole set of different moves that have more to do with strength and obviously darkness and chaos (Hence the name SHADOW).
Other than physical properties, there may be a few tweaks (for chaos spear, tornado from Sonic Heroes, maybe a choas control move), but I find that Knuckles has more potential. We don't want another Captain Falcon to Ganondorf relation...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I wonder why so many of you people are so dead set on Knuckles as a second Sonic rep. Am I the only one who thinks Tails is the obvious choice?

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I wonder why so many of you people are so dead set on Knuckles as a second Sonic rep. Am I the only one who thinks Tails is the obvious choice?
I'm certain you aren't the only one, but to me, Knuckles seems to fit as a fighter. He could have an interesting moveset, gliding, more weight (those giant knuckles of his aren't dead weight...), less speed, and several more. I see Tails as more of an assist trophy, seing as he served as Sonic's assistant. He could easily be the second rep if the Sonic series were to be represented in SSB4, but I would love to see Knuckles get that second spot.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Tails... Yeah, he seems so obvious, but unfortunately, I just plain don't like him. Like, at all. I know it's a crime, but he just never appealed to me. So Knuckles gets my vote by a long shot. I'd take a lesser character like Rouge or Espio (who actually happens to be one of my favorite Sonic characters) over Tails, really. Sorry, just don't like him.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'm certain you aren't the only one, but to me, Knuckles seems to fit as a fighter. He could have an interesting moveset, gliding, more weight (those giant knuckles of his aren't dead weight...), less speed, and several more. I see Tails as more of an assist trophy, seing as he served as Sonic's assistant. He could easily be the second rep if the Sonic series were to be represented in SSB4, but I would love to see Knuckles get that second spot.
Tails was Sonic's first actual partner, before Knuckles came around in Sonic & Knuckles.

Putting him in before Tails is the same as putting in Wolf before Falco, or K. Rool before Diddy Kong. And is his natural tendency to punch things the only thing he's got going for him? Because if it is, then that's ridiculous, since a good number of the current roster has never punched anything throughout their entire history as a Nintendo character.

You wouldn't make Luigi an AT, would you?

EDIT - And for the record I really don't like any Sonic characters besides Sonic himself, and even then not nearly as much as I used to, back when Sonic 2 was the BEST GAME EVAR. Clearly there's some bias there, since Tails was a big part of that game, and it's still my favorite Sonic game by far, but I'm really not a fan of Tails outside that.

To be perfectly honest I'd be happy if they cut Sonic entirely and replaced him with Flicky.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Personal preference means nothing. Just because you'd like Shadow or *Shudder* Rouge or Epsio better then Tails doesn't make them likely. Because I want Astaroth to be in, will he?

</rant>

I ultimately think the second Sonic rep will come down to a popularity contest and Sakurai's preference, which means it's up in the air, it's anyone's guess. I'd say Tails is the most deserving, but it doesn't really matter.

And woot for somebody else who actually played Sonic 2. The genesis one, right? Not the crappy game gear one? Sonic 2 is epic.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Personal preference means nothing. Just because you'd like Shadow or *Shudder* Rouge or Epsio better then Tails doesn't make them likely. Because I want Astaroth to be in, will he?
I wasn't saying they were likely. I was illustrating my dislike for Tails, which is the only reason I don't list him as my preferred second Sonic rep. My preferred rep is Knuckles, who I see as a definite possibility.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
And woot for somebody else who actually played Sonic 2. The genesis one, right? Not the crappy game gear one? Sonic 2 is epic.
...Wait.

Are you implying it's rare for someone to have played Sonic the Hedgehog 2?

IT'S ON THE MOTHERFLOVING VIRTUAL CONSOLE!!​

...But yes, the Genesis one. Though I've played the Game Gear one too, though not of my own volition.
:urg:

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
If Sega gets a second rep (which would be nice) I think that NiGHTS would come before another Sonic character.

Sonic character wise there is not a SINGLE character that deserves in over Tails. Well, except maybe Eggman, but he's more likely as a boss anyhow. Knuckles is neither as popular or as important as Tails is and Shadow... well, he has popularity, but he also has just as much pure and undying hatred for him. Like Tingle, really. :p And Tails is more important than Shadow. And Sakurai seems to like old-school Sonic better.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If Sega gets a second rep (which would be nice) I think that NiGHTS would come before another Sonic character.
Why though? Journey of Dreams was way less than fulfilling, and he's only had two games, counting that. Personally, if SEGA were to be allowed to rep a series besides Sonic, I would KILL to see Joe Musashi in the game.

Or AiAi, or the original Gunstar Heroes, or Beat/Gum, or even the mighty Segata Sanshiro. :chuckle:

And Sakurai seems to like old-school Sonic better.
As he should.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
I still vote shadow. My second vote would be Silver (and also my fav color). Third for knuckles. Fourth for Tails. And Fifth for Dr. Eggman.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Super Smash Bros. Encounter? WTF?

SSB: Smashtasm/Smashtastic FTW!

Have MORE THAN 4 in one match! XD

Bowser Jr. for SSB4 please.

Less lag FTW. Another Epic storyline, longer story mode, more characters, more competitive.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Stage Builder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSE

The game should be called Super Smash Bros. Clash.

And that's actually a major concept I hadn't given much serious thought. Why not allow 6 player? 6 player is programmed into Melee and Brawl and it happens during the single player modes with alloys/wireframes, and the game can be hacked to have 4 players and 2 computers in Melee. Have 4 use gamecube controllers while two use wiimotes and nunchuks. I know most stages don't really have room for 6, but if people wanna do it why not let them?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
And that's actually a major concept I hadn't given much serious thought. Why not allow 6 player? 6 player is programmed into Melee and Brawl and it happens during the single player modes with alloys/wireframes, and the game can be hacked to have 4 players and 2 computers in Melee. Have 4 use gamecube controllers while two use wiimotes and nunchuks. I know most stages don't really have room for 6, but if people wanna do it why not let them?
Well, note that when it happens in Multi-Man Brawl, you're fighting on the most basic stage in the game with only a max of two human players.

Technically all 3 current-gen systems can support input from 7 or 8 wireless devices, i.e. controllers...but most games simply don't support that, and for good reason, mostly. Can you imagine how far pulled back the camera would ALWAYS be with 6 players?

I usually say "save the 4+ battles for the DS version", since in that case, the DS can support up to 16 players, and there aren't any camera issues either.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Stage Builder >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SSE

The game should be called Super Smash Bros. Clash.

Why not expand upon that and do eight players, they can still have computers and human players.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom