• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
Well smashbot, all Vader can really DO is lightsaber stuff and force powers. So I'd say that's a pretty REALISTIC moveset. I know it's not perfect but that doesn't mean it's not good.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Having completed all the challenges, I can confirm there's none where you have to go without using continues, much less on intense. Intense All star no continues is impossible.

Yes, I actually managed to complete intense boss battles. Use sword pogo with Toon Link Yoshimitsu style.

Speaking of which, the boss battles need to not suck so much. I want really hard boss battles, I don't want to be able to clear 10 with one life (See intense boss battles in Brawl). . .I want the final boss to be at least as hard as clearing the 10 bosses in Brawl on intense with one character.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Having completed all the challenges, I can confirm there's none where you have to go without using continues, much less on intense. Intense All star no continues is impossible.

Yes, I actually managed to complete intense boss battles. Use sword pogo with Toon Link Yoshimitsu style.

Speaking of which, the boss battles need to not suck so much. I want really hard boss battles, I don't want to be able to clear 10 with one life (See intense boss battles in Brawl). . .I want the final boss to be at least as hard as clearing the 10 bosses in Brawl on intense with one character.
I was mostly referring to Classic and All-Star (I've already done Intense Boss Battles).

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I actually generally liked where the bosses were at, difficulty-wise. And I've beaten Intense with four characters (Toon Link, Ness, Kirby, and Meta Knight). The only things I'd like to change are (concerning both Boss Battles and bosses in general):

1) Have more bosses -- While ten was okay, I'd really like to have quite a few more. May be just me, but I think a couple dozen would be sweeeeeeeeeeet. We could get some rep from every series.

2) Make the final boss harder -- Like you said, the final boss should be hard. I don't know about everybody else, but I found at least two of the other bosses consistently harder than Tabuu (curse Duon and Porky...), and that simply should not happen!

3) Give them backstory -- This might just be me, but I hated how the bosses all showed up pretty randomly for fights in the SSE. Falcon Flyer flies through a hole... "OMG, hai gaiz, I'm Metaridley. Die now. k thx bai." Stupid. I'd like for these bosses to actually be significant to the story, not just some random tank speeding through the wasteland for no apparent reason (I'm looking at you, Galleom). Tabuu was about the only boss with a decent backstory, and even then, only decent.

That's all I can think of at the moment, though I might have more boss gripes.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
@SirKibble's number 3 point.

You woudl hate most of the bosses in FF12.

Less Single Player focus this time around!
SSBB has enough Single Player options, all those stoopid stickers to get and stuff, along with multi player.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You act like I said "take items out of Smash!". I said "give us the ability to turn them off in Single player modes". Getting beat by the AI is fine (get better or just be overly spammy lol). Its various bomb landing on me (or in my attacks), ATs going to the enemy EVERY FREAKING TIME, and overall just cheap crap happening with the items. I want to beat the modes with my personal ability, not replay them over and over until none of those misfortunes happen.
Well, all I can say is: that rarely happens to me. I don't know...maybe you're just really, really unlucky? :ohwell:

MasterWarlord said:
Lame!

It's way easier to just spam Marth's super-fast counter. Seriously. You can take out Galleom with only three uses of the move. :lick:

Darkwashu said:
You woudl hate most of the bosses in FF12.
It took my party over four hours to take out Adrammalech...:urg:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
SSBB has enough Single Player options, all those stoopid stickers to get and stuff, along with multi player.
hmm..this brought me to thinking, instead of Sakurai making the fourth installment of Smash, why won't he focus his development on a SSE sequel instead, this may just be me, but seeing as Sakurai screwed up with Brawl, it may not be wise for him to go on with the Smash Franchise *looks at Tripping* .

unless Sakurai realizes how horribly Brawl came out (in terms of techs, better online, character movesets etc...), then I wouldn't mind seeing a new chief in charge of development.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I'd rather give 'em a chance to redeem themselves. One thing that could be done is this: no specific formula! It's SO boring when it's 'go from point A to point B'!

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I'd like a dark, moody, pre-apocalyptic storyline that forces all the characters to fight for their respective universes, along with some alliances/betrayals between certain characters.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Giga Koopa said:
but seeing as Sakurai screwed up with Brawl, it may not be wise for him to go on with the Smash Franchise *looks at Tripping*
For one thing, I don't think Brawl's "screwed up" at all. Sure, tripping's annoying, but everything else is golden for me.

And even if you don't agree, the sales of the game do, which happily is what Nintendo is going to base a decision like that on.

I do think a single-player Smash Bros. that's released as a separate project, on a different disc and everything, would be really, really cool. But I don't think Sakurai would be the guy to do it. Let him focus on what he's good at (intense, fast-paced multiplayer), and let someone else who's really good at 2D platformers *coughhidekikamiyatheguywhomadeviewtifuljoecough* make the companion game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
For one thing, I don't think Brawl's "screwed up" at all. Sure, tripping's annoying, but everything else is golden for me.

And even if you don't agree, the sales of the game do, which happily is what Nintendo is going to base a decision like that on.

I do think a single-player Smash Bros. that's released as a separate project, on a different disc and everything, would be really, really cool. But I don't think Sakurai would be the guy to do it. Let him focus on what he's good at (intense, fast-paced multiplayer), and let someone else who's really good at 2D platformers *coughhidekikamiyatheguywhomadeviewtifuljoecough* make the companion game.
I'd like to see a Tales-Smash hybrid for a single player game, but I VJ style one would be great as well.

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
Normally, I'm against a two-disc brawl, but what you've said is actually pretty nice!
I'd certainly buy both, though. Subspace was epic for me, and I like the frantic attitude that the multiplayer exudes.

If that were to happen, though, I'd like still to have a bit of single player on the Multiplayer side of the game. You know, average stuff, Classic and All-Star and scores. No trophies necessary, just old-fashioned SSB style.

*waits for it to happen*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I'd like to see a Tales-Smash hybrid for a single player game, but I VJ style one would be great as well.
...Well, I'd prefer to keep it as far away from the RPG realm as possible...but I guess if you're just playing against CPUs, there'd be less of a need for complicated mechanics, so...

Eh, maybe. It'd cost more to develop that way, and once people found out there's no multiplayer, they probably wouldn't be as excited about it, so it seems to me like the safer method would be to make it using the engine for SSB4, with some general tweaks.

Sort of how that Gamecube Kirby game that never came out was based on Melee's engine. :bee:

Karptroopa said:
If that were to happen, though, I'd like still to have a bit of single player on the Multiplayer side of the game. You know, average stuff, Classic and All-Star and scores. No trophies necessary, just old-fashioned SSB style.
Exactly. SSB4 would only have Classic and All-Star (though they'd be expanded quite a bit), and some more Stadium games, as well as Event Matches...

But other than that, all the space that SSE took up would then be dedicated to more characters, more music, and more...well, everything else we want that's not "better SSE". :chuckle:

And conversely, the single-player prodcut would have at least twice the length of SSE, with none of the repetitiveness and boredom-inducing level design, as the developers of said game would be able to focus all their energies on making it the best game they could.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
...Well, I'd prefer to keep it as far away from the RPG realm as possible...but I guess if you're just playing against CPUs, there'd be less of a need for complicated mechanics, so...

Eh, maybe. It'd cost more to develop that way, and once people found out there's no multiplayer, they probably wouldn't be as excited about it, so it seems to me like the safer method would be to make it using the engine for SSB4, with some general tweaks.

Sort of how that Gamecube Kirby game that never came out was based on Melee's engine. :bee:
I take it that you haven't played a Tales game before. In Tales of Symphonia (I don't know if other games in the series do this), you can have up to four players while in battle mode. It won't be competitive like the regular Smash games, but it's there none the less.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I take it that you haven't played a Tales game before. In Tales of Symphonia (I don't know if other games in the series do this), you can have up to four players while in battle mode. It won't be competitive like the regular Smash games, but it's there none the less.
Oh I've played Tales of games before. All of them besides one or two of the Japanese only ones and all the dungeon-crawlers, in fact. So I know full well what I mean when I said what I said.

The thing is that in Tales, no matter how good you are at playing the game, you still have to have fought a certain amount of enemies and gained a certain amount of EXP is you want to progress. That's just not the kind of gameplay I think Smash Bros. fits into, is all.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh I've played Tales of games before. All of them besides one or two of the Japanese only ones and all the dungeon-crawlers, in fact. So I know full well what I mean when I said what I said.

The thing is that in Tales, no matter how good you are at playing the game, you still have to have fought a certain amount of enemies and gained a certain amount of EXP is you want to progress. That's just not the kind of gameplay I think Smash Bros. fits into, is all.
I see. Well, if the idea were to happen, it's probably best that it stays as a spin-off.

OmegaXXII

hmm.. sorry if I sounded like I was dissing Brawl, I actaully was referring to it Tech wise, meaning the balancing, techs, float, etc... other than that Brawl sure is a good game, such as the VG, stages not to mention Snake.

also are you saying guy who developed Viewtiful Joe should develop a sequal to SSE? hmm. I guess *coughbuttheirnotfriendscough*

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey guys I jsut thought of a good boss for the next smash bros game. This Boos is General Scales & RedEye King. You see. It is both General Scales and The RedEye King. This is how tehy could be fought.

Mainly you will fight the RedEye King while most of the time General Scales just rides on the huge Tyrannosaurus. But as you get closer to beating it. General Scales will hop off and start attacking and then you will have to fight both of them and The RedEye King's Health Meter will stay the same but General Scales will have his own as well. Does Anyone like that idea for a boss.

GENERAL SCALES

Attacks: slashes you with hook hand and does any attacks like a General.
Difficulty: Easy/Medium

&

RedEye King

Attacks: Tries charging at you, Bites stomps at you and does more attacks.
Difficulty: Medium

http://www.rpgclassics.com/shrines/gc/starfoxadv/redeye king.jpg

Note: None of the pictures of the RedEye King wasn't working so heres the link if you want to see the RedEye King. He's a huge T-Rex.

Anyway anyone like that idea for a boss.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I think a battle-system like tales would be cool. I liked that one level of SSE where you play as Mario or Link, then a computer helps fight against him, and I think a Tales system would give me that same feeling.:bee:

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
StarFox Adventures. And if you can find his picture go to google and type in RedEye King and go to images and you will see the T-Rex and that is him.

Agi

Smash Lord
The RedEye king...

All he did in the game was try to trample you, right? I haven't played SFA for a while...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
GigaKoopa said:
also are you saying guy who developed Viewtiful Joe should develop a sequal to SSE? hmm. I guess *coughbuttheirnotfriendscough*
That's exactly what I was saying. Either that, or Ninty should contract TREASURE to develop it. Really, I just think it'd be a good idea to have two separate development groups working on the game--one for the Adventure Mode, and one for multiplayer. They can keep them on the same disc and all, but I mean...

...There's just so much potential in a sidescrolling, 2D adventure game featuring Nintendo's most famous characters, and it's a shame to see it so lacksidasically put together due to time constraints.

darkserenade said:
I think a battle-system like tales would be cool.
I am in shock. To think that you, of all people, would enjoy it if Smash Bros. was like Tales...

Man. It's like my whole view of the world was just shattered into a million little pieces. I think I need to lay down for a minute...:urg:

lolsarcasm

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Yeah but the huge T-Rex would still make a great boss along with General Scales. Like I said. You will mostly fight the RedEye King but when your close to beating him. General Scales who was riding on it will jump off and start fighting you. They both have health meters. The RedEye King will have the amount on which you took away but General Scales will have a health meter and you must beat them both.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
It took my party over four hours to take out Adrammalech...:urg:
I meant how most of them showed up all "Hay guiz im gunna kill u":ohwell:

I gave up on that game when I fought that giant plant thingy, it gave my tons of status ailments and Larsa was with me...

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Here's a another boss that would fit well in the next smash bros game and man it will be kick *** if it happens. Kraid. Now there's a good boss.

Kraid

Attacks: Kraid will slam his arms to the ground trying to hit you and will shoot out spikes from his belly and his fingers. He will also try slamming the ground to cause rocks to fall to from the sky.

Difficulty: Very Hard (Of course he's going to be hard look at him)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I meant how most of them showed up all "Hay guiz im gunna kill u":ohwell:
Oh okay, yeah there's that too. Almost all of the Secret Espers were like that. You'd get to this random field that was like, right next to a path you went down like, eighty billion times--and O lookie there, it's the ancient, indefatigable and timeless essence of all thinking beings, just chillin' out in the middle of nowhere, ready to cast Ultima on you five times a minute while constantly summoning flying minions. :bee:

I gave up on that game when I fought that giant plant thingy, it gave my tons of status ailments and Larsa was with me...
O.o

...Wow. Larsa? Geez, you were like...not even a tenth of the way through the game. I spent like, 90 hours on it, which is weird since I don't remember liking it that much...

Final boss was lame, and the plot wasn't worth my time, but the battle system, grinding, and quests were enough to keep me into it until the end.

OmegaXXII

That's exactly what I was saying. Either that, or Ninty should contract TREASURE to develop it. Really, I just think it'd be a good idea to have two separate development groups working on the game--one for the Adventure Mode, and one for multiplayer. They can keep them on the same disc and all, but I mean...

...There's just so much potential in a sidescrolling, 2D adventure game featuring Nintendo's most famous characters, and it's a shame to see it so lacksidasically put together due to time constraints.
hmm.. come to think of it having to developing teams wouldn't be bad at all, on the contrary it would make it better, but how would it have multiplayer on a seperate disc lol..?

and yea it's a shame Nintendo doesn't see this idea, otherwise I believe such a title would rack up sells, especially since Brawl is well known and all

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace

Dyna Blade

Attacks: Swoops down and will try flapping strong wind bursts at you with it's wings and will sometiems fly away and come back flying to attack.

Difficulty: Not sure probably Easy or Medium.

D

Deleted member

Oh, Kraid... you haven't appeared in a Metroid Prime; you are but a forgotten relic. We hardly knew ye.

He might have had a chance for SSB4, if Ridley were playable in Brawl and there was no Dark Samus.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
I wasnt talking about your list, click the words.

Oh yeah, but Seifer, Squall, and Roxas have never been on a Nintendo console....

hey sry for my comment. I wasent having a good day. Hope were cool and yeah it probably wont happen due to the fact that they havent been in a nintendo game. Also the Star Wars characters wont happen due to them already being in Soul Caliber 4

OmegaXXII

Dyna Blade
that bird looks alot like Ho-Oh from Pokemon.

Also the Star Wars characters wont happen due to them already being in Soul Caliber 4

hmm... not exactly, it's not like they can't be in a bunch of games simuteneously, it''s because they aren't originally video game characters which would have qualified them aside them appearing on a Nintendo system.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I hereby award the most recent pages of the topic with my seal of:

EPIC FAIL

SmashBrosMike, you're destroying any intelligent argument here with these endless pages of your ridiculously underdetailed lists and lack of reasoning. If you want to post a gigantic SSB4 project, post it in creative minds, don't clog up this topic with it, please. . .

D

Deleted member

Normally i wouldn't do this but,..............

Kalas from Baten Kaitos for SSB4.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I am in shock. To think that you, of all people, would enjoy it if Smash Bros. was like Tales...

Man. It's like my whole view of the world was just shattered into a million little pieces. I think I need to lay down for a minute...:urg:
lolsarcasm
lolsarcasm indeed.

On topic: Mike, I think that those bosses would be really good. But, when describing they're attacks, try to add more. :bee:

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I hereby award the most recent pages of the topic with my seal of:

EPIC FAIL

SmashBrosMike, you're destroying any intelligent argument here with these endless pages of your ridiculously underdetailed lists and lack of reasoning. If you want to post a gigantic SSB4 project, post it in creative minds, don't clog up this topic with it, please. . .
Creative Minds?

Mine giving me the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom