• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
All right, with that, my only problem is with G&W. Even most casual players don't like things like that, and I'd know, since that's how I play. I just have a feeling it would cause more "Dude, that's a freaking cheap color swap! I can't even see you!" than it would "Dude, that color swap looks awesome!"

Isidro25

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I was thinking the approach would be more like "Dude, that color swap looks awesome!" =P But you exposed me to another opinion, and that's something to take in consideration.

Couldn't it be an alternate costume? You know, with the thick lines that define him having the option to be either black, red, green, blue, etc? That way everyone could use it.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
I think every person should have an evil version: (with their own, but pretty similar, moveset)

-Bowser: Dry Bowser
-Hammer Bro.: Dry Bones
-Mario: Shadow Mario
-Pikachu: Raichu
-Samus: Dark Samus
-Darth Vader: Anikin Skywalker

And so on.
Oh, I also would rather have Starkiller in the game instead of Darth Vader. Starkiller is more powerful, has more attacks, and he would have different lightsaber colors as well as costumes.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You're not gonna get Vader or Starkiller. Smash is for video game characters. As it's been put, "Nintendo's All-Stars."

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
64 was a fan made tag to the name Super Smash Bros so that people don't confuse the 1st game with the series as a whole. It doesn't count.

and I hope everyone realizes that Sakurai said 'if' he makes another Smash Bros, that he would have to tweak something of the original formula to be interested. What could he possibly change? o.O

I guess someone from Nintendo could actually be head honcho of Smash from now on (lol at the interesting thought of Myamoto making the next Smash bros game).
If Miyamoto directed the next Smash game, their would probably be less third party characters, but yet their would be more fan favorites as far as Nintendo characters.

As far as tweaking something in the formula, it would probably be physics, I can't see Sakurai changing anything that immediately comes to mind without POing a whole lot of people.

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
You're not gonna get Vader or Starkiller. Smash is for video game characters. As it's been put, "Nintendo's All-Stars."
What's wrong with you. (<--in a nice voice) Starkiller IS a video game character!!! What in the world were you thinking?!?!?! And the last time I checked, not everyone in the game is a "NINTENDO All-Star". *cough*Snake*cough*Sonic*cough*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
What's wrong with you. (<--in a nice voice) Starkiller IS a video game character!!! What in the world were you thinking?!?!?! And the last time I checked, not everyone in the game is a "NINTENDO All-Star". *cough*Snake*cough*Sonic*cough*
But Star Wars is not a video game series. It's a film series. So even a video game-based character from the series won't get in.

And the "Nintendo's All-Stars" tag was used for Smash 64, but it still holds to be "Video Game All-Stars," all of them having had at least one game on a Nintendo system.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Uh, okay, somethingsomethingsomethingGeno, somethingsomething, Krystal, customcharacters, something, betteronlinenotripping, something something. Something.

...Okay now onto the spam!

Everybody who's cool (and you know you are!) needs to go to this address: http://www.frd.co.uk/poll.php, and vote to get TimeSplitters 4 on the Wii.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

Linkshot

Smash Hero
You do realize that your proving MY POINT in that statement. There have been a lot of Star Wars games on the nintendo systems.
Star Wars is a movie series, not a video game series. Metal Gear Solid and Sonic the Hedgehog are video game series. Metal Gear started on NES (I thiiink), and Sonic the Hedgehog got ported to GameCube when Dreamcast went under.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
You do realize that your proving MY POINT in that statement. There have been a lot of Star Wars games on the nintendo systems.
I also hope that you know you're (still) proving how much you don't know about The Mystical World of Smash Bros. Brawl. :bee:

NO MY PRECIOUS SPAM!

Go to this address: http://www.frd.co.uk/poll.php, and vote to get TimeSplitters 4 on the Wii.

FOR GREAT JUSTICE!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Star Wars is a movie series, not a video game series. Metal Gear Solid and Sonic the Hedgehog are video game series. Metal Gear started on NES (I thiiink), and Sonic the Hedgehog got ported to GameCube when Dreamcast went under.
Exactly. All characters in Smash are video game characters from video game series.

Check your characters against both points before even thinking about them getting in:

Starkiller
Video Game Character: Yes
Video Game Series: No

Similarly, someone like...

Ash Ketchum
Video Game Series: Yes
Video Game Character: No

rexinator

Smash Apprentice
Ash Ketchum
Video Game Series: Yes
Video Game Character: No
Please change that BEFORE I chew you out on it.

TO LATE!!!!!

How can Ash Ketchum (<-- ******** last name by the way) be in a video game series and not a video game character?!?!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Because he's from the Pokemon anime, which is not a video game. Pokemon, however, is still a series that originated as, and is still dominantly, a video game series.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I think character's costumes should be more than just changing colors, though the change in colors is still nice and should be kept, characters should have a more variety of clothes...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Bowser is the only big boss in SSB series period.
Ganondorf and King Dedede say hi.

If we're talking about just plain bosses, not playable characters, then Ridley also says hi.

As far as MegaMan bosses... It's tough to call, because of MegaMan's many series. Bass would be cool to be pulled off as a boss, though, since we need some that aren't gargantuan.

Roihu

Smash Ace

If we're talking about just plain bosses, not playable characters, then Ridley also says hi.

As far as MegaMan bosses... It's tough to call, because of MegaMan's many series. Bass would be cool to be pulled off as a boss, though, since we need some that aren't gargantuan.
Dedede's more of a mischief maker.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

How about classics like Gutsman, Cutman, and Dr. Wily?

Also, if Megaman ever gets in, they had better put in a rock version of Wily's stage part 1 AKA Okusenman in the game.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
King DDD isnt considered a big boss, he just ********. Actually bowser is the same. Ganon is probably the real big boss in ssb.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Naruto should be in the next Smash Bros

B special : Throw Kunais (However they always miss or get blocked, just like the anime, and if they hit for some reason, its insta KO, because they always die from getting stabbed once)

Side B: Yell BELIEVE IT, over and over, covers the whole map, un shieldable, does 20% damage, comes out super fast.

Down B: Farts in your face, does 100% damage

Up B: nothing

sniperfire

Smash Cadet
Behind you...with a Machine Gun.....and a Bomb.
naruto Should Be In The Next Smash Bros

B Special : Throw Kunais (however They Always Miss Or Get Blocked, Just Like The Anime, And If They Hit For Some Reason, Its Insta Ko, Because They Always Die From Getting Stabbed Once)

Side B: Yell Believe It, Over And Over, Covers The Whole Map, Un Shieldable, Does 20% Damage, Comes Out Super Fast.

Down B: Farts In Your Face, Does 100% Damage

Up B: Nothing
Never Mention Gay Anime And Smash Bros In The Same Sentence Ever Again.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Barge: You are a shining example of wit and class. And I mean that. Wholeheartedly. The Gods of Parody and Satire must have borne you from the cradle, lifted you on high, and blessed you with their indefatigable energies while you still were but a wee babe, wrapped in the soft embrace of a new world.

ANYWAY

The only Mega Man boss they should use is...uh...uhm...someone? I'd say Dr. Wily...but he's not really that interesting, especially not if Dr. Robotnik gets in the game as a boss (which he should). Actually, Proto Man would be cool to see. They could work him in as a boss just like they did in...uh, one of the Mega Man games (7? 8?).

EDIT - And for the record, Naruto's not a bad series. But the anime is bad (like it always is for Jump comics), and it's incredibly popular among stupid people, which makes it seem worse than it really is, by association.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
What about that one MM guy that always comes back?

Is his name Sigma or something?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The only Mega Man boss they should use is...uh...uhm...someone? I'd say Dr. Wily...but he's not really that interesting, especially not if Dr. Robotnik gets in the game as a boss (which he should). Actually, Proto Man would be cool to see. They could work him in as a boss just like they did in...uh, one of the Mega Man games (7? 8?).
ProtoMan would rock as a boss.

But I wish he could be playable...

Hey Ridley fans, you can have your boss playable if I can have mine. :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
What he said.
What he said.

Also, they really need to fix Peach and Zelda's skirts. Despite that the look so nice, the designs look like they're painted on and you usually see they're feet coming out where they shouldn't.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I believe you haven't been listening to me.

We need Rundas, Sylux, Weavel, or Gandrayda. They can rep Prime, Ridley can rep old-school.
The problem with those hunters is that they have not been rep enough. Some people don't concider Metroid Prime Hunters a real game for some reason, but all I have to say for the hunters that if they show up in more than one Metroid game then they would have a better chance, I think Sylux has the best chance out of all the other hunters though.

Then again, how did Ice Climbers or Pit get in the game with the logic I just said??? I'm confused myself. =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom