• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I am sorry, but you are horribly, horribly wrong on this.

THAT is Ike. His Brawl model is based off of the above design, not Radiant Dawn-Ike, who's a good 10 or so years older than Path of Radiance-Ike.

THE BRAWL DESIGN IS PERFECT, YOU ARE CRAZY

And I know what you were talking about. You mean like how fast Ike actually moves, which is also what I was talking about. He moves about as fast in Fire Emblem as he does in Brawl.
You got no sympathy from him.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman

Sakurai did indeed portray Ike accurately. Remember, by the time HAL started making the game model for Ike in Brawl, FE10 was still being designed by Intelligent Systems. By the time FE10 was actually released... Ike's Brawl Ranger class model was already done, which was unfortunate for us who really wanted to see Ike as a Vanguard.

For those who want a closer look at the Vanguard model, here is an 18 second CG cutscene from FE10 where Ike confronts the Black Knight.

As for why Sakurai at least did not give Ike his Lord class armor in Brawl, it's likely because the Ranger class model was the poster image for Ike in Fire Emblem. It was the Ike shown on the cover of the game.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Also, I'd like to add some suggestions for Ike as he progresses into SSB4... Weapon range should shorten very slightly, damage should decrease by 10% for all attacks, attack speed should be a lot faster and thus slightly slower than Link, running speed should increase a lot to be about equal to Link.

The problem with Ike is that as he is now, he's inaccurately represented to have god tier strength and crap speed. Ike had great strength and defense and his speed was pretty decent.

What needs to happen is that the game's sword fighters should fit in a niche of speed to power. SSB4's faster sword wielders should be weaker, but the slower sword wielders should be stronger. There should be some variety in how proportioned these ratios are.

SSBB
Higher Speed, Lower Strength: Toon Link (Projectiles)
Higher Speed, Decent Strength: Marth (Pure Melee)
Medium Speed, Medium Strength: Link (Projectiles)
Medium Speed, Great Strength: Nobody
Lower Speed, Amazing Strength: Ike (Pure Melee)

Ganondorf is missing a sword in Brawl...

SSB4
Medium Speed, Great Strength: Ike (Pure Melee)
Lower Speed, Amazing Strength: Ganondorf (Melee + Magic)

What I did here is that I gave Ike some more running speed and took away a bit of power, a bit of knockback, teeny bit less range, and thankfully a notch less of attack lag. I moved Ike closer to the speed side of the proportion so I could make room for an uncloned Ganondorf that wields the Sage's Sword. If this didn't happen, we'd have to characters that fit the same niche in the game which doesn't support a varied character play style.

In SSB4, Ike would appear in his Hero class armor and unlock the Vanguard class armor as a second costume. Also, his fire based attacks should change to a blue flame, to more accurately represent the few times in the games where he showed a fire based attack. For example, at the end of FE10 in these two cutscenes (FE10 Ending Spoiler Alert in Link): Final Strike and God's End. So, these suggestions would help Ike more accurately represent his series and himself.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
darkserenade said:
Sonic and Wolf. 'Nuff said.
If they delayed the game to finish Sonic and Wolf...then they delayed the game to finish Sonic and Wolf. Ike was done. Finished.

GigaKoopa said:
appearantly he didn't "deliver" what he promised, and even after all those delays, Brawl still didn't turn out the way we wanted to
Which just helps my case here, really.

Even after three delays, we still didn't get a good deal of requested things (like, a balanced game), or even good versions of what we did want (online, SSE). So even if, somehow, during those delays, the team had like, ten minutes they could have spent changing Ike's clothes, they wouldn't have done so anyways.

I fully expect Ike to appear in his FE10 outfit (either one, or maybe even both, one as a separate outfit), but complaining about his look in Brawl is just ridiculous.

EDIT - kainsword, that was generally a pretty awesome post, except for that bit about Ganondorf with the Sage's Sword...

I don't know why everyone likes the darn thing so much. It looks really, really silly in his hands, and it's probably not ever going to show up again, or at least, not wielded by the King of Evil.

TRIDENT OF POWER

darkserenade

Smash Ace
kainsword, you are really nerfing Ike hard. I think he is fine with everything the same except for speed. Besides, Snake and MK come first in line.Otherwise, great post.:)

If they delayed the game to finish Sonic and Wolf...then they delayed the game to finish Sonic and Wolf. Ike was done. Finished.
Ike was done. But if there's a mistake that can be corrected, then by all means, they should correct it.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016

Sakurai did indeed portray Ike accurately. Remember, by the time HAL started making the game model for Ike in Brawl, FE10 was still being designed by Intelligent Systems. By the time FE10 was actually released... Ike's Brawl Ranger class model was already done, which was unfortunate for us who really wanted to see Ike as a Vanguard.

For those who want a closer look at the Vanguard model, here is an 18 second CG cutscene from FE10 where Ike confronts the Black Knight.

As for why Sakurai at least did not give Ike his Lord class armor in Brawl, it's likely because the Ranger class model was the poster image for Ike in Fire Emblem. It was the Ike shown on the cover of the game.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _

Also, I'd like to add some suggestions for Ike as he progresses into SSB4... Weapon range should shorten very slightly, damage should decrease by 10% for all attacks, attack speed should be a lot faster and thus slightly slower than Link, running speed should increase a lot to be about equal to Link.

The problem with Ike is that as he is now, he's inaccurately represented to have god tier strength and crap speed. Ike had great strength and defense and his speed was pretty decent.

What needs to happen is that the game's sword fighters should fit in a niche of speed to power. SSB4's faster sword wielders should be weaker, but the slower sword wielders should be stronger. There should be some variety in how proportioned these ratios are.

SSBB
Medium Speed, Great Strength: Nobody
Lower Speed, Amazing Strength: Ike (Pure Melee)

Ganondorf is missing a sword in Brawl...

SSB4
Medium Speed, Great Strength: Ike (Pure Melee)
Lower Speed, Amazing Strength: Ganondorf (Melee + Magic)

What I did here is that I gave Ike some more running speed and took away a bit of power, a bit of knockback, teeny bit less range, and thankfully a notch less of attack lag. I moved Ike closer to the speed side of the proportion so I could make room for an uncloned Ganondorf that wields the Sage's Sword. If this didn't happen, we'd have to characters that fit the same niche in the game which doesn't support a varied character play style.

In SSB4, Ike would appear in his Hero class armor and unlock the Vanguard class armor as a second costume. Also, his fire based attacks should change to a blue flame, to more accurately represent the few times in the games where he showed a fire based attack. For example, at the end of FE10 in these two cutscenes (FE10 Ending Spoiler Alert in Link): Final Strike and God's End. So, these suggestions would help Ike more accurately represent his series and himself.
That means you'd prefer FE10 Ike over FE9/Brawl Ike? Hm...

Even if Marth's 2nd Book design was used in Melee, that had a good reason... I think there's no need for an explanation... but FE9 Ike's design has already been used. Unless you want to change him completely (case as Link and Young/Toon Link, varying strenghts, since there is THAT FE9/FE10 3-years skip period, and Ike obviously would have changed his strenght) but... that's your point. But IMO, let's keep Ike as he is, just make some slight changes.

No, wait... the fire is the only thing I don't understand, did Sakurai just misunderstood the Japanese title of FE9 (Trial of the Blue Flame/Souen no Kiseki) just to put Ike some fire-based power? It doesn't makes sense, since Ragnell does not have fire-based powers at ALL (no, i'm NOT considering Ragnell being combined with Yune's power since Yune has not been present in FE9) and therefore, Ike's blade shouldn't have had fire powers, instead some wind-cutting attacks (Ragnell's Ranged Attack).

But meh, maybe that was done just to get a replacement for Roy, which was... well... kinda dumb, I think Ragnell should have kept it's original abilites and not made-up and not-belonging.

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
kainsword, you are really nerfing Ike hard. I think he is fine with everything the same except for speed. Besides, Snake and MK come first in line.:)
Nerfing...?

I would've thought that he would've been getting buffed actually. Since when did SLOW, STRONG, HEAVY, MELEE ONLY (IE: short range) characters ever reach mid tier?

In competitive matches, the faster your character is and the less attack lag you have, the better the character. MetaKnight is broken for those reasons. His attack lag is ALMOST nonexistant and he is pretty **** fast.

I could NOT justify Ike getting similar speed and attack lag as Link, but keep his insane range and power. Do you know just HOW MUCH more viable Ike's FSmash would be in a 1 on 1 tournament if it lost 10 - 15 frames of lag? That would make him top tier.

And really, you can nerf attack range while still being beneficial. For example, Ike leans VERY FAR into his sword when doing an FSmash. A nerfed attack range could also apply by having Ike not lean so far into his FSmash, meaning he's left in a better position in the lag after the attack. In this case, nerfed attack range, but increased spacing between you and your opponent after the FSmash, meaning in less cases, Ike won't be grabbed and then juggled after failing to hit an FSmash since he's a tiny bit farther away.

And really, a 10% damage loss on a 17% damage hit (rather average for an Ike attack) would go down to 15% or 16%. (10% of 17% = 1.7%) 15% is still very powerful.

Alunios

Smash Cadet
Well, if they add Megaman, they'll have to put that song from Megaman 2.

Okkusenman...I think that's the song name.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, if they add Megaman, they'll have to put that song from Megaman 2.

Okkusenman...I think that's the song name.
If they add Megaman, regardless of which model/series he's based off of, they better include some Megaman X songs. That was the most eargasmic game ever. Storm Eagle's stage theme is widely considered the best, though personally I'm a fan of Launch Octopus's Subterranean Base theme.

Oh, and as far as classic Mega... Protoman's Theme FTW! ;)

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
http://toadscastle.net/images/eggman_main.gif
EGGMAN/ROBOTNIK

Now, I know Eggy has no chance as a playable character, but I still like him. He has a pretty good chance of being a boss, though. Still, I decided to make a character moveset first.

Appearance: Eggman is in his walker from Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic the Fighters. However, he still has many of his abilities from his other machines. Eggy himself is in his Adventure form, not his classic or Next Gen form.

Stats

Weight:***** (Bowser weight)

Running speed: **, **** (He starts out just running slowly in the vehicle, but after moving for half a second the vehicle crouches down and starts moving using its wheels in the legs.

Size: ***** (The walker's total mass is Bowser size.

First jump: * (Pathetic)

Second jump: *** (The vehicle boost upward using jets in its feet)

Hover: He can hover for a second and a half using jets in the vehicles feet.

Falling speed: ** (Medium slow)

Crouch: Awful. The vehicle cannot crouch below any projectiles.

Color Changes

Normal grey walker with Eggman wearing his normal red coat (Red team)

Gold walker with Eggman wearing a blue coat

Black walker with Eggman Nega colorscheme

White walker with Eggman wearing a yellow coat

Baby blue walker with Eggman wearing a navy coat (Blue team)

Green walker with Eggy wearing a light green coat (Green team)

Basics and tilts

Jab: Eggman swings his fist at the opponent. Knocks slightly forward and down. This is a one hit jab.

Dash attack: The walker crouches and rolls forward on wheels inside its legs. At the same time, a drill pops out (First boss in Sonic 2). The drill does 4 small hits, while the main body does 1 large one. Getting all hits to land is difficult, but rewarding.

F-tilt: The walker swivels forward on its ankles before pulling back. A bit of ending lag.

D-tilt: The walker pulls one leg forward for a kick.

U-tilt: Eggman swings his arm in an arc above the walker.

Smashes

F-Smash: HOLY! A boxing glove shoots out from the machine before retracting. The hitbox is on the glove.

D-Smash: Eggman drops a bomb from the bottom of his machine, detonating and sending him slightly upwards. He takes a bit of damage from his attack. Both his body and the explosion are hitboxes. It is recommended to hit with the explosion, as it causes more knockback.

U-Smash: A metal tentacle with a point on the end shoots up from the back of the walker (Sonic 2, oil ocean). The more this is smashed, the further the spike travels. Only the spike has knockback.

Aerials

N-air: A series of globes circle around the walker horizontally (Sonic 2, Metropolis). They are disjointed hitboxes. The attack hits multiple times, but has a lot of ending lag.

D-air: A ball of fire drops from the bottom of the walker and continues traveling to the ground. It has very little knockback.

U-air: Eggman punches the air from inside the walker.

F-air: The walkers legs both kick forward. Lots of ending lag. Lots of knockback.

B-air: The walker slams downward until it hits the ground. If it hits in mid-air, it will pull the opponent downward until they get hit again on the ground.

Specials

B: Vulcan CANNON!!! It shoots a laser forward. If it hits an opponent, it causes no harm, but instead creates a lock on. The walker can then fire a shot that quickly tracks and fires towards the locked on opponent. The laser can lock on to multiple objects, including projectiles.

B-up: The classic hover-pod. The walker's legs retract into its body, and the boosters on the bottom cause it to start hovering upwards. Like Rob's. Yeah, I know it's a clone, but I couldn't find another way to integrate this classic machine.

B-forward: Eggman throws out a bomb from inside the vehicle that explodes on contact with any object. The bomb travels a set distance, so only the direction can be changed. Charging the attack causes there to be a time limit after the bomb hits an object. The time limit is equal to twice the time charged.

B-down: The walker drops an Eggpawn (Sonic Heroes). The Eggpawn will try to ram into opponents, but can be easily destroyed. Sometimes, he will drop an E-series robot instead, which shoots lasers and hovers around instead. No more than three robots can be on the field at a time.

Extra

FINAL SMASH: "I'M GOING TO ENJOY THIS!!!" Eggmans vehicles flies off the screen. Then, a new vehicles flies in from the top of the screen. It's the first boss from the original Sonic the Hedgehog! The vehicle brutally swings its giant wrecking ball. Use the control stick to direct the machine, and press the b button to swing the wrecking ball. At the apex of the swing, when the ball is just about to swing back, press the b-button again, to power up the swing. Each consecutive swing can become larger and more powerful this way. The vehicle is completely invincible. It lasts for 20 seconds.

Taunt 1: Eggman picks up a chaos emerald and examines it. He uses his goggles to look a little closer, and then puts it away.

Taunt 2: "I'm GOING TO DESTROY YOU!!!" Dr. Robotnik points forward with his finger while saying this.

Taunt 3: The Eggman lets out a boisterous laugh. He then wipes a tear away from his eye.

Victory 1: Eggman hovers in on his walker. "Too easy."

Victory 2: Robotnik chuckles and points behind him to the loser (If there are multiple, he points to the second place one.). "Pathetic, that was too easy." He is without his vehicle.

Victory 3: "Long live the EGGMAN EMPIRE!" Eggman sweeps the air with one arm while saying this. He then merely looks at the screen. He's sans walker.

Losing: Eggman is pounding the controls of his vehicle, looking quite ANGRY.

luigi_jesus

Smash Rookie
i'm begging Nintendo at this point.

no sakurai
Geno
Ridley, Sylux, get rid of Zamus
Mewtwo back, get rid of Jigglypuff
no tripping
add Krystal to get her fans to quit b****ing
Bowser Jr, with Shadow Mario b V and with an airship final smash that is piloted by the seven Koopalings
Mega Man X
Isaac
get rid of R.O.B. for the love of God
Waluigi
Bomberman
declone Ganondorf
Lyn
Little Mac
Tabuu for the WTF?!?! character
improved stage builder
better adventure mode, bring back the old minigames, choose between coin launcher and lottery
better, almost lagless wireless
voice chat
changable online matches
fix the final smash, character, stage, and item balancing
as many pokeballs and assist trophies at a time like in melee
DO NOT FORCE US TO PLAY ADVENTURE MODE TO GET CHARACTERS!
really great idea on the choice between lottery and launcher

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Nerfing...?

I would've thought that he would've been getting buffed actually. Since when did SLOW, STRONG, HEAVY, MELEE ONLY (IE: short range) characters ever mid-high tier?

In competitive matches, the faster your character is and the less attack lag you have, the better the character. MetaKnight is broken for those reasons. His attack lag is ALMOST nonexistant and he is pretty **** fast.

I could NOT justify Ike getting similar speed and attack lag as Link, but keep his insane range and power. Do you know just HOW MUCH more viable Ike's FSmash would be in a 1 on 1 tournament if it lost 10 - 15 frames of lag? That would make him top tier.

And really, you can nerf attack range while still being beneficial. For example, Ike leans VERY FAR into his sword when doing an FSmash. A nerfed attack range could also apply by having Ike not lean so far into his FSmash, meaning he's left in a better position in the lag after the attack. In this case, nerfed attack range, but increased spacing between you and your opponent after the FSmash, meaning in less cases, Ike won't be grabbed and then juggled after failing to hit an FSmash since he's a tiny bit farther away.

And really, a 10% damage loss on a 17% damage hit (rather average for an Ike attack) would go down to 15% or 16%. 15% is still very powerful.
I'm sorry, I thought you meant decreasing 17% attack to 7%. Please forgive me. Anyway, I guess range for speed is okay. kainsword, you have posted some of the best ideas and statements for this thread:).

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
YES!
Mewtwo back, get rid of Jigglypuff
no tripping
add Krystal to get her fans to quit b****ing (Meh, whatever)
Bowser Jr, with Shadow Mario b V and with an airship final smash that is piloted by the seven Koopalings (well, just Bowser, Jr. would be fine)
Isaac
declone Ganondorf
improved stage builder
better adventure mode, bring back the old minigames, choose between coin launcher and lottery
voice chat (only if I can turn this feature off)
changable online matches
DO NOT FORCE US TO PLAY ADVENTURE MODE TO GET CHARACTERS! (you never HAVE to play SSE for the characters, ya know)
Let's agree to disagree
no sakurai (wtf?!)
Geno (NEVER!)
Ridley, Sylux, get rid of Zamus (I'm for Sylux, but Zamus stays)
Mega Man X (No thanks, how bout Mega Man Classic?)
Waluigi (NEVER!)
Bomberman
Lyn
Little Mac
Tabuu for the WTF?!?! character

smashbot226

Smash Master

no sakurai (I hate to agree with you. He'll only degrade the series less, IMO. But then again, some other ****** might ruin it.)
Geno(WHAT. OH HELL NO.
Ridley, Sylux, get rid of Zamus Boo-yah for this.)
Mewtwo back, get rid of Jigglypuff(THAT's not happening anytime soon, yo. Jiggs quiting that is...)
no tripping
add Krystal to get her fans to quit b****ing (Lol. Couldn't agree more. Krystal fans have degraded from respectable people to whiny little goblins.)
Bowser Jr, with Shadow Mario b V and with an airship final smash that is piloted by the seven Koopalings(Sorry, but Bowser should keep those kids back in the closet. And Shadow MArio = Mario with recolored Beam Sword.)
Mega Man X(NUUUUU Just old Megaman, before any of this silly anime character BS.)
Isaac (No opinion.)
Waluigi
Bomberman
declone Ganondorf
Lyn
Little Mac
Tabuu for the WTF?!?! character (WHAT? He's dead.)
improved stage builder (Your right, this SHOULD be more elaborate.)
better, almost lagless wireless(Asking for too much...)
voice chat
changable online matches
DO NOT FORCE US TO PLAY ADVENTURE MODE TO GET CHARACTERS!
SHADOW MARIO = MARIO WITH RECOLORED BEAM SWORD.

Thank you for your time.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
1. A Sub Menu on the Item On/Off Switch for Poké Balls and Assist Trophies.
2. Bring back all the characters from Melee that didn't return in Brawl except for Dr. Mario, he should be an alternate costume. (That includes Pichu. I don't care if he sucked, he was still a character **** it!)d0c was better than mario,if they make him an alt.costume,make him throw pills.
3. Krystal, because the Starfox series needs more variety in Smash.
4. Ridley. Need I say more?
5. Make the Online not suck.not possible
6. Better Stage Builder.
7. Bring back Melee's physics engine, or something similar.YES!
8. Whatever the new story mode is, make Erazor Djinn a boss.???yes???
9. Give Snake some of his guns.
10. Viewtiful Joe, nuff' said.agreed

That's all that comes to mind.

EDIT: I've got a few more.

1. Make Ganondorf not feel like both of his legs are broken.swoed pl0x
2. Waluigi.wario clone much?
3. No tripping.no ****
4. I-Ninjalooks cool
5. Different Final Smashes for the Starfox characters.tru.
"LANDMASTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

no sakurailol
Genogeno ftw,why hate
Ridley, Sylux, get rid of Zamuseww no(im not a perv no nuthin but shes a origional character)
Mewtwo back, get rid of Jigglypuffbring both back,jiggs has been in scince the beginning,dont count on her leaving anytime soon
no trippingno ****
add Krystal to get her fans to quit b****ingyesplz
Bowser Jr, with Shadow Mario b V and with an airship final smash that is piloted by the seven Koopalingsbowser jr?yes,shadow mario?no
Mega Man Xas an alt for megaman so ok
Isaacyes
get rid of R.O.B. for the love of Godno,original ftw
Waluigiwario clone much?
Bombermanyesplz
declone Ganondorfhell yesplz
Lyn
Little Mac
Tabuu for the WTF?!?! characteralready dead
improved stage builder
better adventure mode, bring back the old minigames, choose between coin launcher and lotteryyesplz
voice chatiknohalo2badidea?inono
changable online matches
DO NOT FORCE US TO PLAY ADVENTURE MODE TO GET CHARACTERSthat was fun,get pretty much every char in 3 hrs.a really long adv.mode thats like 20+ hours would be nice though!
answers in orange ftw

also,add a tales of character,lip,roll,and the guy from no more heros

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The Puff better stay. I think Lucario's probably gonna leave us, but I don't see anybody else being taken out. Most of the roster's pretty solid, and there aren't as many replacable/removable clones as there were in Melee.

That's not a diss on Melee, by the way, so let's not start anything. It's just a fact that Melee's roster had a few more clones.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I doubt Toon Link will go anywhere. If anything, he'll be succeeded by the most recent Young Link. Anyway, Toon Link deserves to be in since he represents the cel-shaded side of the series while Link represents the realistic side.

teen-robot

Smash Cadet
second that:)
what about classic ganon?
guess what ?
TRIDENT OF POWER!

he would stand for the classic zelda series:)
or just toon gnon(but the name sux XD) with 2 (cool looking )swords
and maybe vaati?or zant?...XD
or bellum XD most recent toon link enemy:)
but in time of the new ssb there ofcourse will be a new toon link/cel-shaded zelda game:)
but i find we need a new zelda baddie:p

and we need more retro!
diskun,duck hunt,?
discuss:)

The Pope Of Pie

Smash Rookie
My idea for new Pokemon characters.

A Team Rocket character. He would function in the same way Red does but his three would be Lucario and Mewtwo plus maybe a thrid pokemon synonymous with the evil characters through the game, Meowth?
But Team Rocket would be switchable with the other evil groups. Red-Magma, Blue-Aqua & Galactic.

A female character based on one of the female starters from the games, probably FireRed so not confused with the anime. Her pokemon would be Pichu & Jigglypuff with another probably larger pokemon, Empoleon? Dunno

Before you all point it out. Mewtwo is definitely capturable and controllable in the games, the movies don't matter.

teen-robot

Smash Cadet
a second pokemon trainer wouldn't happen
they want every charcteras original as possible
a second one wouldn't be original
and i'd rather see meowth playable WITHOUT trainer
but probably the next pokemon charcter would be promoting the 5th/6th gen

and thanks for ingnoring me

Agi

Smash Lord
My idea for new Pokemon characters.

A Team Rocket character. He would function in the same way Red does but his three would be Lucario and Mewtwo plus maybe a thrid pokemon synonymous with the evil characters through the game, Meowth?
...did you really just put meowth on the same level of Mewtwo and Lucario...? Oh well. But recently, the dark dogs have been associated morewith them. In ruby/sapphire (I know, ancient history.. >.>) every single ony had a Poocheyana/Mightyana. FR/LG: Houndour Houndoom FTW! So... brawl might yet be getting another canine. At leas this one won't have a reflector.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
For the next Smash Bros. Game.

The next smash bros game. These are the playable characters that should be in. Here is what the roster should be. There should be 48 playable Characters. Anyway here it is.

No * - Character is Playable at the Start
* - Character is hidden and has to be unlocked

Mario Series:

Mario
Peach
Bowser
*Luigi
*Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario
*Paper Mario

Yoshi Series:

Yoshi

Wario Series:

Wario
Mona
*Waluigi

Donkey Kong Series:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
*Dixie Kong
*King K. Rool

Zelda Series:

Link
Zelda/Shiek
*Ganondorf
*Toon Link

Kirby Series:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Metroid Series:

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley

StarFox Series:

Fox McCloud
Krystal
*Falco Lombardi
*Wolf O'Donnell

Pokemon Series:

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
*Jigglypuff
*Meowth
*Lucario

Earthbound Series:

Lucas
*Ness

Fire Emblem Series:

Ike
*Marth
*Lyndis

F-Zero Series:

*Captain Falcon
*Black Shadow

Misc. Series:

Ice Climbers
Pit
Captain Olimar
Isaac
Lip
*R.O.B.
*Mr. Game & Watch

Third Party Series:

*Snake
*Sonic

That is the roster for the next game and that is what it should be.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
The next smash bros game. These are the playable characters that should be in. Here is what the roster should be. There should be 48 playable Characters. Anyway here it is.

(List of characters)

That is the roster for the next game and that is what it should be.
Tear... that was beautiful.
It would've made me burst out in tears of agreement if you added Isaac from Golden Sun.

Steelia

Smash Champion
@SmashBrosMike: Not a bad listing, but isn't it a tad small...? I mean, there are tons more characters you could've added. But hey, it's your list. I'm just saying. Overall, I could agree with all the inclusions. :)

Oh, and by the way you accidentally replaced Mewtwo with Meowth... :laugh:

teen-robot

Smash Cadet
How about the following:

Mach Rider(I've heard that he is one of Sakurai's favorite characters)
Star Man and The Amazon(from Pro Wrestling)
Bubbles(from Clu Clu Land. Most of the moveset would have to be made from scratch.).
mach rider his fav?
would eb cool...
but i'd rather see mach rider as AT
starman and aazon i dunno who they are xD
and bubles would be pure win!

ps:
that roster was like .... plausible:3
tough i would like to see others in there 2...it's OK:D

also maybe he did not do that accedentaly...

but meowth should replace jiggly puff not mewtwo

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Mach Rider was one of the four characters that Sakurai was choosing from for a retro rep. (along with Ice Climbers, Balloon Fighter, and one other that I forgot). In an interview, he said something about not including Mach Rider cause they couldn't get him to jump.

I'd take him over the Ice Climbers anyday, though...

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
If they add Megaman, regardless of which model/series he's based off of, they better include some Megaman X songs. That was the most eargasmic game ever. Storm Eagle's stage theme is widely considered the best, though personally I'm a fan of Launch Octopus's Subterranean Base theme.

Oh, and as far as classic Mega... Protoman's Theme FTW! ;)
OMFG!!!!! When you said Storm Eagle, I just thought, "It's one of my favorites on my top 10, but I like Launch Octopus' song and Boomer Kuwanger's." Then I read the Launch Octopus part of your post and was all like, "Read my mind, holy sh*t!!"

Hmm...What series would Megaman be based off of? I prefer the X series (Chameleon Sting ftw!)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Tear... that was beautiful.
It would've made me burst out in tears of agreement if you added Isaac from Golden Sun.
Thanks besides that is what I want for the next game.

I would like to see Bowser vs Ganondorf vs Black Shadow vs King K. Rool

Battle of the villains.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...the younger Ike in FE9 looks cooler/cuter/whatever the word I'm trying to think of. That AGE should have been used in Brawl so the freakin' people would stop saying, "OMG, it's Marth's dad!" Just like the descripancy with Roy and Marth being siblings in Melee.

Also, Marth needs to be buffed a teensy bit in SSB4. Either speed 'em up a little OR give him a little bit more power (Melee Marth pwns; just without wave-dash). Sorry I brought up FE again :(.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...the younger Ike in FE9 looks cooler/cuter/whatever the word I'm trying to think of. That AGE should have been used in Brawl so the freakin' people would stop saying, "OMG, it's Marth's dad!" Just like the descripancy with Roy and Marth being siblings in Melee.

Also, Marth needs to be buffed a teensy bit in SSB4. Either speed 'em up a little OR give him a little bit more power (Melee Marth pwns; just without wave-dash). Sorry I brought up FE again :(.
Buff marth?! Oh God no, he's high tier as it is! Let sleeping dogs lie.

As for ike: i believe he should have his ranger outfit to start with and get his lord, hero, and vanguard outfits to be unlocked later in the game (also give ike slightly less lag and a slightly better recovery).

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...it took Melee a year? to get its tiers established, right? However, they are constantly changing. Soooo, when will we see Brawl's official tier list? It's been out for 5-6 months for the U.S. and Japan; we should soon be seeing something happen, right?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
but meowth should replace jiggly puff not mewtwo
Alright. Let me tell you why Jigglypuff will not be cut from Super Smash Brothers.

1) Jigglypuff is part of the original 12. Taking her out would be like a Christian burning the bible, renouncing god, then going to the bathroom on the church door.

2) Jigglypuff is awesome. A unique Pokemon with a unique moveset in SSB. So good luck trying to use the 'Sakurai wants every character in Smash Bros to be unique' argument now.

3) Jigglypuff is the second most popular Pokemon in Japan. In case you hadn't noticed, Japan is priority one in this case.

Yeah. Jigglypuff's not going anywhere. Lucario, however, is a different story.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Let me tell you why Jigglypuff will not be cut from Super Smash Brothers.

1) Jigglypuff is part of the original 12. Taking her out would be like a Christian burning the bible, renouncing god, then going to the bathroom on the church door.

2) Jigglypuff is awesome. A unique Pokemon with a unique moveset in SSB. So good luck trying to use the 'Sakurai wants every character in Smash Bros to be unique' argument now.

3) Jigglypuff is the second most popular Pokemon in Japan. In case you hadn't noticed, Japan is priority one in this case.

Yeah. Jigglypuff's not going anywhere. Lucario, however, is a different story.
Those reasons are pure knowledge. Though I never liked Jigglypuff, I shall always "respect" her as a Smasher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom