• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Before we go choosing new characters, let's look at historic games/franchises SSB has not graced yet (All parties are go):

Dungeons & Dragons (EVERY RPG ON EVERY CONSOLE should have been paying Gygax a royalty!)

Castlevania (THE gothic action game.)

The Sims (Needs no comment)

Halo (Needs no comment, or else you are clinically ********.)

GTA (not like were gonna see it in SSB, just here for completeness sake.)

Street Fighter

Mortal Kombat (It gave us the ESRB!)

Final Fantasy (Honestly, do I need to comment?)

God of War. (Awesome and the most violent game ever.)

Dragonball Z (The longest running Anime in history, and who doesn't love fireballs?)

World of Warcraft (Only needs a comment if you have been in a coma the past 5 years.)

Everquest

The Elder Scrolls (You <3 Sheogorath and you know it)

Diablo

Tetris (Tetris stage plz?)

Star Wars (WHY NOT!?!?!)

Duke Nukem (It's time to kick a$$ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of gum.)

Doom

Starcraft

Naruto (Just to tick you all off, he'll be in SSB4. At least you can hurt him now!)

Civilization (Don't know how this would be implimented.)

This list should give you an idea as for what to expect next time around.
I can't even look at this - lol.

Castlevania is the only redeeming factor.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see these great arguments for Geno, actually. Because he's popular? Because he's a star possessing a doll? Or maybe it's because he...yeah. I'm stumped.
THIS IS FROM AN OLD GENO THREAD, LONG AGO.

Geno for Brawl: Arguments from Both Sides
By Snakz

Geno’s got a lot of things going for him, I’ll mention the arguments for him, but really this is meant to tackle the arguments against him.

Pro:

1) Geno is unique in character

If you want to know who Geno is, ill give you a summary. Geno, who’s true name is actually ♥♪!? is a star spirit/guardian that came from Star Road, a place that makes wishes come true. Star Road was destroyed by Smithy when he drove the giant sword, Exor through and shattered it into 7 stars, all of which landed on Earth. So he came down to Earth and possessed a doll name Geno to collect the stars and eventually, with Mario’s help, he defeated Smithy and restored order to Star Road and Earth.

Now Geno has a very likable and strong personality, were it not for Mario, I’m sure Geno would’ve been just fine being the leader of the party, since he seems to have that quality. Now his background is undeniably unique, and anyone who says he’s not unique enough for Brawl should go play SMRPG. If they finished it and are still not convinced, you should consider therapy.

2) Extremely easy to make a moveset for

If you haven’t taken time out of your busy schedule, I suggest taking a few clicks and looking at McFox’s moveset for Geno. In terms of special moves, moveset is pretty much the same moveset that most people have for Geno. As for the rest, there are usually a lot of similarities between what McFox has and what others have, but people do get pretty creative with the rest of his moves. Either way, Geno is probably one of the easiest characters to make a moveset for and would deffinetly not be a problem adding him into Brawl on a technical stand point.

3) Geno is tied for 2nd place on Sakurai’s poll

This is probably the best argument for Geno on the more political side of things. Next to Sonic, Geno is the most requested 3rd party character on the poll (and he’s not even purely 3rd party, more on that later). Without this, Geno’s fans would be getting shot down left and right because people would claim he doesn’t have a strong standing on the poll, and since many people don’t know him, he wouldn’t stand a chance. But because he tied with such contenders as Ike and Diddy Kong (who are confirmed), this is a strong case.

** Now there is one more thing I’d like to add about the relationship between Nintendo and Square-Enix. There’s been a lot of people saying the they are getting things better between each other now and other people saying they’re relationship isn’t as good as it was. If there’s one thing we can make a fact of is this; if SMRPG is coming to the Virtual Console, that’s has to say something about the two companies having a good enough relationship to agree to re-release SMRPG to the VC.

Con:

1) Nobody's heard of him

This argument right off the bat is so weak, every time I hear this arguement being used it makes me want to choke puppies. We have so many examples of this factor not being an issue. First off, we have Geno’s poll numbers, tied for second. CLEARLY, enough people have heard of Geno for them to believe he deserves a spot in Brawl. Secondly, don’t know about you, but had you ever heard of the Ice Climbers and/or Mr. Game & Watch before Melee was released? Unless you played their games, most people would say they haven’t. So not having been heard of is definitely not a valid reason not to be included in Brawl.

2) We have too many Mario reps already

Usually, the people who say this are the same people who believe DK, Yoshi and Wario are considered part of the Mario franchise, when Sakurai clearly shows that at least that for Brawl’s sake that is not the case. Sure, they got their start in Mario games, no question, but it doesn’t matter whether you believe they have they’re own separate franchise or not, Sakurai considers them separate franchises. So not including those characters, we have Mario, most likely Luigi, Bowser and Peach, and don’t tell me Dr. Mario is returning, his chances are almost nigh. So that’s 4 characters, I wouldn’t say one more is too much, would you? Pokémon already has 4 representatives (Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer who has 3 other Pokémon), there’s a good chance that there will be one more representative. Remember we’re about franchise representation here, not slots. The number of slots is not significant as they can change easily. So if Pokémon can have 5 reps, why not Nintendo’s most well-known franchise?

Not to mention the Pokémon franchise is also represented by the countless number of Pokémon in the Pokéball item. Though now with the introduction of Assist Trophies, other franchises, and even those who will not get a PC rep can still have a chance to shine in Brawl, though slightly, well ain’t that peachy? So far we’ve been shown the Hammer Bros, Bullet Bills and Latiku to represent the Mario franchise in AT fashion. Although there will probably be more from the Mario series, there’s no question that the number of Pokémon non-PC reps will outnumber non-PC Mario reps, so even in that respect, Mario will not be the most represented. Also there’s a little series needing mention called Zelda. It’s been predicted that there will be two more reps, Ganondorf being one of them (what a surprise) and mainly a competition between Midna w/ or w/out Wolf Link and WW Link. I wont get into that since this is no the place for that, but the point it this; Zelda is very likely to have at least 5 PC reps, same goes to Pokémon, so what’s to say the Mario series shouldn’t get 5 reps?

Of course, others will argue for Bowser Jr. as the last Mario rep. Most do not believe that Geno AND Bowser Jr. will make it to Brawl, so that really comes down to your own opinion on who should get in between those two.

3) He's only been in two games

This is about as effective as “No one knows who he is”, probably the dumbest of the arguments against Geno. The Ice climbers have only been in ONE game and they made it in. Sure they’re retro, but the SNES (which is where Geno made is first appearance in Super Mario RPG) is on the borderline of being retro, if it hasn’t already. Once again, it shows that it doesn’t matter how many games the character has been in, if enough people have heard of him that they will voice significantly that he should be in Brawl, well then ****it, he should be a contender for a spot.

4) Geno's third party, he's not worthy of a third party slot

Alright now to the juicy stuff. This is probably the most common argument made against Geno since he is owned by Square-Enix. If you haven’t read this (Thanks to PsychoIncarnate for this find!), I strongly suggest you do: http://blogs.ign.com/phoenixdragoon/2007/10/22/69626/ It’s an argument saying the Geno isn’t exactly 3rd party, but something called 2nd ½ party. If this really is the case for Geno’s legal stand point, then there’s virtually no problem in adding Geno.

But if you don’t believe the article and still think Geno will be purely 3rd party, your most likely saying that Geno is not worthy of the last (or supposedly last) 3rd party spot compared to Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, or “someotherman”. Personally, I believe that if Geno really is pure 3rd party (which I don’t) then the only competition he has is Megaman.

Now let me get this out of the way first; whether you believe Geno is worthy of Brawl is purely your own opinion, there’s nothing factual about worthiness. Now Megaman is no doubt a very iconic character and has been on numerous titles to which I won’t bother counting, most of which are on a Nintendo console. But considering Megaman only received two votes, it’s obviously not the best he could get, but it’s not a very strong case for his appearance in Brawl, so many of his fans are relying on his popularity outside the polls. The bad part for Megaman is we really don’t know how much Sakurai is looking into Megaman as a result of the poll. Because of his relative poor rank on the poll compared to his popularity, I consider Megaman and Geno to be equals in terms of purely 3rd parties. The rest is just my favoring of Geno over Megaman.

As for other 3rd party characters, it’s for the most part, the same case. They got relatively low standings on the polls (or in some character’s cases, not at all, yet still being supported), so the fans rely on the character’s popularity alone. I honestly think the poll will turn out to have a great impact on who will be considered to enter Brawl, Which is certainly the case for Geno. Unfortunately for the rest, I don’t think the other character’s popularity will enough (for the record, I’d love to see Bomberman in Brawl, but I just don’t see it happening).

Now if Sakurai decides to tell us he changed his mind and is letting more 3rd party characters in, then we’ve more to discuss, but until then, that’s all I gotta say about Geno and 3rd parties. Just remember, overall I don’t consider Geno a pure 3rd party addition, and I sure plenty of Geno fans don’t either, but there are still some who do, and I wanted to point out they’re possible views on it.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Zema: I'm not qualified to argue the Geno debate, but your point about the number of reps was both good and bad. It's true that Pokemon has 5, and even more in Pokeballs, but I don't think Pokeballs and Assist Trophies should influence the number of reps for a series. While they do appear in the game, they aren't playable characters. PC's are the most important, if not the only, factors that should affect the rep number.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
I haven't played a mario game with geno in it. So i have no say about geno.

Moving SSB4 to another system, is ********. Im sorry about how rude that sounds, but it utterly is.
Better graphics do not make a better game. A great game is great regardless how it looks.
Graphics will help make it better, but when it comes down to it, its all about the story and/or gameplay.
the smash bro series is one of nintendo's gems. I truly don't think that they would ever think about allowing another system play one of their games.
I would be like nintendo trading LoZ for the xbox's Halo.
its a bad idea, and its never going to happen.

I hope this ends all discussion about SSB4 on the xbox#'s or PSnext.
-t2

superman969

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played a mario game with geno in it. So i have no say about geno.

Moving SSB4 to another system, is ********. Im sorry about how rude that sounds, but it utterly is.
Better graphics do not make a better game. A great game is great regardless how it looks.
Graphics will help make it better, but when it comes down to it, its all about the story and/or gameplay.
the smash bro series is one of nintendo's gems. I truly don't think that they would ever think about allowing another system play one of their games.
I would be like nintendo trading LoZ for the xbox's Halo.
its a bad idea, and its never going to happen.

I hope this ends all discussion about SSB4 on the xbox#'s or PSnext.
-t2
this is win.

I agree that gameplay and story are the number one factors in a game, which is why I have stuck with Nintendo all these years.

But it's not only the graphics that make the 360 / PS3 a better piece of hardware. The Wii's memory is a FRACTION of that of either of those systems, making DLC more or less impossible, especially songs for games such as Rock Band. The 360 / PS3 have much better online systems (be this hardware or an actual care for it) than the Wii does. The ability to play DVDs blu ray and other such things also sets these systems apart, although this kinda goes back to graphics. Point is, 360 / PS3 aren't completely about the games. And although the Wii has like weather channel and news channel, these are, well, boring. Internet surfing on Wii is win tho. as is Mii channel. But whatever, the Wiis just a lesser piece of hardware than the other systems. It does have better games tho (I want GTA4 and MGS4 tho...oh and Soul Caliber 4. more than the other two)

EDIT: this is not supporting moving SSB4 to another console, that's just dumb as hell. This is supporting Nintendo's next system not sucking plz

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Moving Smash to a competitor's system?

...Yeah, not gonna' happen. Ninty learned its lesson after Philips ran Zelda through the mud...three times.

D

Deleted member

Just give Wii's successor a hard drive.

DLC is a must, especially after that survey...

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
The reason why I'd put it on the other systems to be specific, for a lot of reasons really.
Better online service, An actually hard drive to support down loadable content (including custom stages) A better environment to build custom stages. A stronger system can have better graphics and physics.
By saying Smash Bros. Belongs on another system is a statement about Nintendo Hardware, not the games.
Custom soundtracks from your consoles hard drive (really not important it it's very nice)

D

Deleted member

The reason why I'd put it on the other systems to be specific, for a lot of reasons really.
Better online service, An actually hard drive to support down loadable content (including custom stages) A better environment to build custom stages. A stronger system can have better graphics and physics.
By saying Smash Bros. Belongs on another system is a statement about Nintendo Hardware, not the games.
Custom soundtracks from your consoles hard drive (really not important it it's very nice)
I disagree. Strongly disagree.

Smash Bros is, at its heart, a game about beating up Nintendo characters you love, or love to hate.I don't want to see other companies canibalise the series on other platforms.

globiumz

Smash Apprentice
Yay first post. Personally, I think Sakurai needs to get off Smash permanently, but I guess this already is going to happen. I hope to see the end of clones in SSB4. Some need to be taken out, others need new movesets. I hope for 40 characters total, not counting Sheik, ZSS, and only counting trainer as one. Hopefully we get more stages, items and a better stage creator, but this isn't a big priority.

Ganondorf needs a sword. I think there are enough swordsmen in Smash already, but the sword won't be his main form of attack. I don't know what to do with his up b and side b. Neutral b - be the ball of light like in OoT. Slower but more damaging than Falco's laser, also stunning. Startup lag for balance. Down b, his large magical attack from OoT. Donkey punch chargetime with a degree of homing. Unleashes by itself, like Marth's neutral b attack.

Wolf would be slower, and have longer range than Brawl Fox and his movement would emphasis this. His reflector would work like Brawl Falco's. His gun would be replaced with a slow, powerful, long range sniper. A crosshair appears infront of Wolf, the player guiding it. After pressing B again, Wolf fires a strong and fast laser, dealing low knockback and being able to pierce thru several targets, but not walls and floors. Wolf slowness and the attack's slowness would make it unspammable. Wolf can keep his other attacks. Wolf keeps the landmaster FS.

Fox gets Krystal's staff from Adventure. Rocket boost would be for recovery, and anyone caught beneath it takes damage. Fire blaster is his neutral b move, similar to Wolf's Brawl gun in speed and power. Ocasionally Fox uses a freeze blast instead (10%), freezing enemies for a short time. Down b is the chargeable earth quake. Fully charged, it becomes super quake. I dunno about side b, but his other attacks would center around the staff. Fox get Arwing as FS.

Lucas needs to differentiate him self even more from Ness. Honestly, I want someone else. They look too similar in build and abilities. I don't know anything about Mother so I can't give Lucas an alternate moveset. I just hope they put in a cool bad guy from Mother who doesn't look like Ness + potential for different moves.

Mario and Luigi, while not similar at all anymore, still needs bigger diferences in their fireball attacks. Give Mario a big and fast fireball. These fireballs have some start up lag but deal more damage than Luigi's. Luigi's fireballs need to move faster thru the air and deal a bit more damage. Both need longer range. This would make fireballs more useful, but not too powerful like Pit's arrows.

No more regular Link. I want a new moveset for Tink though. Bombchus over bombs, giving Tink even better range game. Grapling hook over hookshot. Tink use it like a lasso on people and spin 'em away. Deku Leaf as his recovery move instead of spinning. Spinning becomes an a attack like Mario's tornado did. The deku leaf isn't just a recovery move; it's useful for blowing stuff/people away too, leading to good distance game for Tink.Skull hammer for melee, but not as a replacement for the sword. Tink deserves an original FS and I got one, allthough a bit weird. Tink glows yellow and grows long arms and a big tongue, grabbing everyone in range. Those grabbed get put in a golden cage. Tink's arms and tongue revert to normal while Tink jumps high in the air and use a fierce downstab, breaking the cage and dealing great damage and knockback to those hit.

I wish to see Jiggly gone. I hear she's popular in Japan, but idc. We already have a pink ball in the form of Kirby, and Jiggly is uglier. Besides, there are more Pokémon out there. I think someone from the second and third gen need to take Jiggly's place. Pokémon Trainer also needs to go, as Pikachu can represent the first gen. Lucario representst the fourth. A new Pokémon Trainer representing the second and Pokémon Rival representing the third would be sweet. This doesn't mean they need starter Pokémon from that gen.

Third party characters? Let 'em stay and add moar. Snake needs to be hit with the nerf hammer however. Less ridiculous hitboxes. Less damage and KO potential from those explosives, in addition to smaller explosions. His A combo and dash need to be nerfed a lot. Snake also needs to weigh less. Make him old like in MGS4, and thus slower in attack and movement speed. For Sonic, higher priority, but not broken as in MK. His movement speed is fast, but his attack speed needs an increase. He needs another good KOing move too. And increase his damage across the board by a bit.

Several other characters need to get buffed or nerfed too. I won't list 'em all, but MK needs less priority, and weaker attacks. MK's range need to be nerfed too; it's too long for that short *** sword of his. Take away one of D3's jumps, nerf those Gordos a little, and nerf his KO power and damage across the board by a little. Considering Tink's upgrades (in my wished for SSB4) and the fact that Tink already is pretty good, he needs to get a slight nerf to avoid brokeness. Slightly reduced damage on all his moves and less KO potential on his KO moves should balance it out.

One character I want to see buffed is Samus. Her attacks need to be powered up again. Instead of down b being bombs, it should be morph ball form. In this form you can use regular bombs like those in Brawl for bomb jumping, or lay more powerful bombs that explode a few seconds latter, like Snake's grenades. Ocasionally Samus will use a power bomb (5% chance) similar to D3 using Gordos. Bost ball is possible in this form, but it's weaker than Sonic's spindash. Samus' regular A attacks needs to become the power beam to give her better range game. This would be faster and better than uncharged neutral B.

New characters? Ridley. Screw size, he can be resized. Ridley should be a heavy and slow character with decent recovery but generally poor aerials. Great KO power, damage, neutral b fireball projectiles and bad lag on his moves should make him a good, but balanced character. His laser from Prime should return, as well as him bomb raiding from the air. Both are B attacks of course.

Two representatives from Metroid is still not enough so put in one of the MP:Hunters. I see lots of people wanting Sylux, and those trip wires could be interesting but other hunters could work as well. Spire with his wall climbing, and Weavel with his halfturret. Maybe even Trace, but it would kinda hard to give him good stealth abilities and invisibility when both players can see each other all the time. I say Sylux, Spire or Weavel personally. Kanden, Trace and Noxus = meh.

Megaman would fit right into Smash. Not his X or Zero form, too much sword. Original has tons of potential with all the robot master forms and Network has truckloads with the many chips in the network series. Really, there's no limit how many weird moves one can give Mega. Bomberman is the other third party I hope they put in. Nothing but pure fire power and explosives but less tactical than Snake.

F-zero needs more representation. I don't know a thing about F-zero but I hear Black Shadow is popular. Just give him an unique moveset and it should work out. Now we can re-enact the epic and lulzy scene from Falcon no densetu or whatever that anime is called. I also hope the DK series get more representation. K.rool should definitely be in, but I dunno what he would use. But he would definitely be a heavy character. As I said earlier, rival and trainer. By the time SSB4 is out we should have a new and important FE lord who deserves to get in. Just don't let him use a sword, we got enough of those already. An axe would do.

As for game mechanics, I hope they take out that dumb tripping. Or, at least let you control tripping like you can control items. I have also been thinking about customizing characters. Say, being able to increase a characters speed but lossing strength in the process. Of course, you shouldn't be able to turn Ike into Marth, but some minor modifications would be cool, and make each Ike play differently.

The FS system need to be improved. Instead of a Smash ball, what about a Smash meter, which fills up based on points? This would discourage spamming as it gives you stale moves and thus detracts from your points. It also makes it more fair for slower characters who have trouble even getting the Smash ball in the first place. Rebalancing to some FS also needs to be done...

Hitstun and l cancelling both need to be brought back, but with less hitstun. Brawl speed is fine. Melee speed simply sucked, and while Smash is unrealistic it becomes hard for more tactical players to win and encourages spamming of characters like Fox and Sonic with their already amazing speed. BTW, sorry for ripping off ideas. :laugh:

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo games would never be on the Xbox 360, unless at some time in the future they go down the path that Sega did and become a software developer only. But that doesn't seem to be happening any time soon because the Wii is selling too many copies so it seems like it can compete with the Xbox 360 and Microsoft for the foreseeable future.

I personally think if SSB4 comes out almost a decade from now though, a lot can happen in that time so we don't know if Nintendo might try to do something that is very unprofitable and thus is forced to become another Sega. The Xbox 3 or whatever it is called probably would be better than a Wii 2 overall, but I am not sure if that would lead to a better SSB4. We might end up having 53 Nintendo + former Nintendo 2nd parties + 3-7 Microsoft 1st or 2nd parties + a few more 3rd parties in a joint-venture Nintendo/Microsoft game. That probably would be better than a game made by Nintendo alone, but to many people it wouldn't seem right even if Nintendo goes bankrupt over a bad product to co-create a game with Microsoft.

I surely would think that is cool though. If Microsoft would pay Nintendo money to add some of their own characters in SSB4 for the Xbox 720 or whatever it's called.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
And who says the wii can't have a hard drive and a Dvd/blue-ray player?
Look at the nintendo DS. It was great, then they came out with the nintendo DS lite. And that was even greater.
Nintendo can do the same to the wii. They can change it up a bit, to include a harddrive and a player of some sort.
The xbox360 has at least 4 versions of its self. Why not the Wii.
-t2

majora_787

Smash Hero
EVERYONE from melee needs to return. Pichu needs a new moveset. Dr. Mario can be an alt. costume. Roy CAN return if he wants to, but he had better have a new moveset. Mewtwo must return with his computer armor.

Ganondorf needs a sword.
Everyone needs new FS's.

That's all I got right now. ^^

tedward2000

Smash Champion
EVERYONE from melee needs to return. Pichu needs a new moveset. Dr. Mario can be an alt. costume. Roy CAN return if he wants to, but he had better have a new moveset. Mewtwo must return with his computer armor.

Ganondorf needs a sword.
Everyone needs new FS's.

That's all I got right now. ^^
I second the return of Dr.Mario.
-t2

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Welcome to Smashboards. Now I'm on to smacking you in the face.

No more regular Link.

I wish to see Jiggly gone.

New characters? Ridley. Screw size, he can be resized.

Brawl speed is fine. Melee speed simply sucked, and while Smash is unrealistic it becomes hard for more tactical players to win and encourages spamming of characters like Fox and Sonic with their already amazing speed.
NO. No... Less no. Noooo.

Yes, let's take out LINK, the second most famous face that is synonymous with Nintendo. Link is one of the most loved video game characters of ALL TIME. TL has been in like 3 or 4 games. Link has been in since the beginning, and he's too loved to get booted.

I can't see them taking out Jiggs, seeing as she's been in from the start. And if they did take her out, a lot of people would be pissed. She's unique, and the only people who got ripped out of Brawl were clones.

This one Sakurai's already rejected. In NP (which isn't a very reliable source usually about Smash) they interviewed Sakurai and asked him about Ridley. Sakurai was like "lol, its kinda hard to shrink something that large down to playable size, so we just made him a boss." Granted, if someone else develops the game (very very likely) he may put him in.

Lastly, read this. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153322

There were a whole lot of things I did agree with in this thread though, about some buffs and nerfs.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Were people actually saying Smash should be on a non Nintendo system. Well, I've just about seen everything.....

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Okay. I thought people saying that 'zomg Genis Sage 4 Brawl' was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. But Smash on another console?

This doesn't even need elaboration. Firstly Nintendo makes games for NINTENDO CONSOLES. It's a stretch, I know, but you'll have to understand that. I mean what, are they going to deny themselves MILLIONS of dollars just because we should have better graphics? Of course. Silly me.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Okay. I thought people saying that 'zomg Genis Sage 4 Brawl' was the stupidest thing I've ever seen. But Smash on another console?

This doesn't even need elaboration. Firstly Nintendo makes games for NINTENDO CONSOLES. It's a stretch, I know, but you'll have to understand that. I mean what, are they going to deny themselves MILLIONS of dollars just because we should have better graphics? Of course. Silly me.
I'm virtually high fiving you right now

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Welcome to Smashboards. Now I'm on to smacking you in the face.

This one Sakurai's already rejected. In NP (which isn't a very reliable source usually about Smash) they interviewed Sakurai and asked him about Ridley. Sakurai was like "lol, its kinda hard to shrink something that large down to playable size, so we just made him a boss." Granted, if someone else develops the game (very very likely) he may put him in.
Nope False. I dont really give a **** about Ridley being in, but having read the article, I can tell you thats not even close to what he said.

It was

NP Interviewer: So what do you think of all the fans who wanted Ridley as a playable character?

Sakurai: *laughs* Really? well... I suppose we COULD do that, but he'd be a bit slow, is that ok?

He did not even mention Ridley as a boss, in that section of the article (if he did at all, I did not catch it) but as far as that part, no. He did NOT say he would not consider Ridley.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
I have been thinking for a while. Nintendo when making the next game should have two priorities: appealing to the casuals as painful as that sounds as they are by FAR the main people buying the game and character balance. Some aspects as the magnet ledge and floatiness are great aspects to casuals. These things should and probably will since Nintendo will want to stick with the Brawl engine as Brawl has been the best reviewed and received game of the series. Considering they were just gonna release Melee updated if Sakurai did not make Brawl, this is quite a possible turn of events.

I commend Sakurai for making a game more accesible and easy to a wider audience. I like his idea of making enjoyable fun for everybody. The one place where he messed up, aside from tripping, is the half-a$$ed character balance. Character balance cannot be perfect, but so many of the cast should not be struck down by Meta Knight and all characters should be able to compete with some of the cast.

Better character balance should be a priority even if that means altering aspects in the game engine slightly like the hitstun and shield system. Better character balance alone will improve the competetive scene by a lot. We won't see the same characters being rediculously overused and there will be more interest in the game.

I would even support Brawl 2.0 being released 2-3 years from now with better character balance/online if there will not be another smash/the next smash takes over a decade to be finished.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, there will probably be no fourth smash game. Sakurai said that a while back in a dojo post.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Most likely the next Smash might come in 2010 or such. But my number one character wish list is Micaiah so far. She's on my Avatar. :D
I believe that's WAY to soon, but it would be nice though

Actually, there will probably be no fourth smash game. Sakurai said that a while back in a dojo post.
and who said Sakurai would develop the next one? obviously Sakurai won't be making it, but it doesn't mean that there won't be another smash

Patinator

Smash Champion
My kind of thread!

Well, this is just a brief overview of what I would do with a Smash IV...

First and foremost, no DLC, hard drive or not. Yeah I said it. Here's something some of you guys don't seem to understand...

People exist who don't have Wi-Fi. Like... ME.

There, that's out of the way.

Second, I would have Smash 4 have a much more plot-driven adventure mode.

However, it would be on a different disc, so it wouldn't clog up loading times like SSE does.

There would be many characters, at least one stage for each of them. I'd nix Jigglypuff, put Mewtwo back in, and MAYBE... Just MAYBE... Put Roy back in with a heavily modified moveset.

And now for a big change: Smash Balls would appear at set times, and always in the middle of a stage, floating around in an upward left-to-right motion until it goes offscreen, always starting left.

Final Smashes would be a lot more original. Name one Mario game that Mario shoots ten thousand cubic miles of fiery wallop from his hands. Name one game Link puts up his hand and slices an opponent to bits.

I'd keep Wavedashing out, to keep it accessible for people who don't have the reflexes to use it, meaning they probably couldn't compete (Again, like me. >_>), but keep Melee L-Cancelling in. I would, however, keep things floaty like Brawl- so sue me.

And here's a big one. If I just had to keep 3rd parties in, I'd nix Snake in a heartbeat. What company and system do people think of when they think "Solid Snake" or "Metal Gear"? Sony, PlayStation 1/2/3.

Sonic is now both Sega and Nintendo, plus he's really popular. Megaman and Bomberman would also join the fray, hopefully.

This concludes this post.

TL;DR: Go back up and read it all pl0x.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I believe that's WAY to soon, but it would be nice though

and who said Sakurai would develop the next one? obviously Sakurai won't be making it, but it doesn't mean that there won't be another smash
I'd like a link to the dojo post that says this. I'm curious

However, I will say that the way he talks in interviews and such, he has many many ideas for smash 4, and he said"You'll have to wait and see" so if he doesnt MAKE it, he'll be helping to make it either way.

(I still think He'll direct it anyway, as he, again, said the same thing when he finished Melee)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
who said Sakurai would develop the next one? obviously Sakurai won't be making it, but it doesn't mean that there won't be another smash
Are you stupid? Just because us, the hardcore smash players, didn't like it, that didn't stop Brawl from being one of the biggest commercial and critical successes in Nintendo history. This is what pisses me off about the SWF. Sure, it's a well respected forum in the Smash Brothers community, but we don't even compare in numbers to the sheer amount of casual smash players.

Sakurai will undoubtedly make SSB4 when and if it's created.

superman969

Smash Journeyman
Nope False. I dont really give a **** about Ridley being in, but having read the article, I can tell you thats not even close to what he said.

It was

NP Interviewer: So what do you think of all the fans who wanted Ridley as a playable character?

Sakurai: *laughs* Really? well... I suppose we COULD do that, but he'd be a bit slow, is that ok?

He did not even mention Ridley as a boss, in that section of the article (if he did at all, I did not catch it) but as far as that part, no. He did NOT say he would not consider Ridley.
Oh. Woops. Eh, it was like 3 months a go, oh well. thanks for correction

L user

Smash Rookie
ya so for sure online play needs to be better. and also. they need to make it easier to find friends. maybe just get rid of friend codes. and also. give more characters from the sonic, and pokemon games.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Are you stupid? Just because us, the hardcore smash players, didn't like it, that didn't stop Brawl from being one of the biggest commercial and critical successes in Nintendo history. This is what pisses me off about the SWF. Sure, it's a well respected forum in the Smash Brothers community, but we don't even compare in numbers to the sheer amount of casual smash players.

Sakurai will undoubtedly make SSB4 when and if it's created.
According to you it will, but Sakurai doesn't want to make another one and Nintendo has said that if Sakurai doesn't make it they felt it would be disrespectful to make another one without him. So if it happens, it would probably only happen if Sakurai says he doesn't care if someone else makes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom