• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you can give anyone a moveset, even a tetris block which i am against. any reasons for popularity or that he/she was "playable" in "this game" so he/she should "represent" that game... really, just give in... wouldn't you rather have more franchises than argue over and over, over choosing a wider array of franchises... ya don't have to keep milking the cow, there is enough milk in the pail, get another pail. what i am saying is what if the mario series will stay as 4 characters (with the exception of wario,yoshi, DK due to having their own emblem)... more slots (pardon my use of the word slots pie and toise, if you want to reply to this comment, please do not mention the slots) for other franchises. SaP, GS, PdP, CR, NnM, SO, AW, CV, MMX, PO!!!, along with a few extras within their own franchises;
limit extra innings for the current combatants to one. my condolences to lucario and mewtwo as the interchangeable pokeslot imo.

Warning!! i am not agreeing with myself so don't attack me specifically, attack my idea above, because i know someone is thinking of attacking and probably ridicule me specifically for writing the warning and this sentence following it and still posting the quick reply with this sentence attached.

2nd Warning!!! "don't be hatin'."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
you can give anyone a moveset, even a tetris block which i am against. any reasons for popularity or that he/she was "playable" in "this game" so he/she should "represent" that game... really, just give in... wouldn't you rather have more franchises than argue over and over, over choosing a wider array of franchises... ya don't have to keep milking the cow, there is enough milk in the pail, get another pail. what i am saying is what if the mario series will stay as 4 characters (with the exception of wario,yoshi, DK due to having their own emblem)... more slots (pardon my use of the word slots pie and toise, if you want to reply to this comment, please do not mention the slots) for other franchises. SaP, GS, PdP, CR, NnM, SO, AW, CV, MMX, PO!!!, along with a few extras within their own franchises;
limit extra innings for the current combatants to one. my condolences to lucario and mewtwo as the interchangeable pokeslot imo.

Warning!! i am not agreeing with myself so don't attack me specifically, attack my idea above, because i know someone is thinking of attacking and probably ridicule me specifically for writing the warning and this sentence following it and still posting the quick reply with this sentence attached.

2nd Warning!!! "don't be hatin'."
Augusto, you do realize this thread basically runs of "milking the cow" I mean, think about it. SSB4 probably wont be out for another three years earliest. Im sure by then we will have milked every conversation topic imaginable. And if you dont like the topic, please suggest another.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, for something slightly different, I'd like to bring up the super meter. However, this does not so much have to do with it working in Super Smash Bros. or not but if it's a good game design or not. Also, this deals with a similar counterpart, the Ultra Meter.

See here for where I decided to continue this from:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=275000

This thread will also clear up my views when it comes to playing this or any other videogame.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
And what are you talking about with Toadsworth? Its been a race of toads for a long time now, unless you stretch out the theory that the red vested Toad Brigade is "the" Toad, but that's still just a fan theory. Toadsworth though has shown up in recent main games for sure, like SMS and NSMB, unlike Toad who hasn't made an official appearance in a main game since...well SMB2.

I don't think Nintendo cares much about the story in Mario to really go into motivations. Remember SM64 DS? Wario was trying to rescue Peach there for whatever reason. Heck, you can easily say that there will be a reward for helping rescue a princess. (I'm neutral on Waluigi, but that type of objective thinking can easily be countered by saying he doesn't suck, and Toad in fact sucks because he's an annoying and useless helper character)
@ the bolded part: proof that Pieman doesn't play many Mario games or at least, doesn't pay attention when playing Mario games.

Toad is in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Why do I think that? Because the Toad who was waiting for Mario and Peach at Mario's house is actually named "Toad". The Toad named Toad always comes over to the Mario Bros.' house. Fridge logic: if Toad is useless, then how did Toad make it all the way through Bowser's Castle and Smithy's Factory by himself to sell Mario items in the room right before the final boss fight?

@ Shortiecanbrawl - this is proof that there is a Toad named "Toad" ;)

Toad is in Super Mario 64. Why do I think that? Because the first Toad Mario meets in the castle explains the situation. Toad always tells Mario that Peach is in trouble. If that's not good enough, then consider the remake where Toad is given more personality. Toad responds differently toward different characters such as being scared of Wario (a reference to Wario's Woods) and mistaking Luigi for Mario (a reference to Luigi's original appearance as a Mario palette swap in the NES/SNES main games except SMB2).

Toad is in Luigi's Mansion. Why do I think that? Because when Luigi first talks to Toad, Toad mentions that Peach sent Toad to find Mario. Peach always sends Toad (the one named Toad) out to find Mario because Toad is Peach's attendant.

Toad is in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. Why do I think that? Because Toad (the one named Toad) always comes over to the Mario Bros.' house and once again, because Peach always sends Toad to find Mario. Fun trivia: Toad is the very first playable character in the whole Mario & Luigi series.

Toad is in Super Paper Mario. Why do I think that? Because Toad (the one named Toad) always comes over to the Mario Bros.' house. Luigi even greeted this Toad by his name. Toad, as always, tells the Mario Bros. that Peach is in trouble.

Toad is in Super Mario Galaxy. Why do I think that? Because the intro started with Toad (red spots and blue vest) and Toadette (her first cameo in a main game) watching the night sky and the next scene showed Toad (red spots and blue vests) carrying Star Bits with the Toad Brigade and the red Toad is the only one in two colors while the other Toads come in only one color.

Retroactively, it also means that Toad is in Super Mario Sunshine. Why do I think that? Because this game is where we first see the Toad Brigade before they officially became known as the Toad Brigade in Super Mario Galaxy. Toad is the red Toad because the manual labels the red Toad "Toad" and describes him as "Peach's attendant" in singular form just like Toadsworth is described as "Peach's longtime steward" and unlike the generic Pianta and Noki who are described as "Isle Delfino residents" in plural form.

Toad is in New Super Mario Bros. Wii. Why do I think that? Because of Super Mario Bros. 2 where Toad displayed his superhuman strength. Right after Peach is kidnapped and the Mario Bros. and the two Toads leave the castle, Toad lifts two large presents and loads them into the cannon so the other Toad can shoot them all over the Mushroom Kingdom (note that these presents are bigger than the large ice blocks that enemies are frozen inside and the Mario Bros. and the two Toads cannot even lift them). Toad is also in Peach's Castle with the hint movies, just another example of Toad giving his support to Mario.

Also, about Wario in Super Mario 64 DS, why is Wario there? Because in the intro, Peach invited Mario, Luigi, and Wario to come over for her delicious cake. Note that this was before everyone knew that she was kidnapped by Bowser and before everyone except Toad were imprisoned in paintings by Bowser. After Wario is rescued, it is likely Wario helped Mario Bros. and Yoshi rescue Peach out of revenge for Bowser imprisoning him in a painting and because he still wants Peach's delicious cake (a reward).

Oh, and I am not mixing up Toad with the Toads. Toad is more like a template which the Toads are based on. Your standard Toad has red spots and blue vest just like your standard Yoshi is green. Variants of Toad come in different colors and shapes (Toad Brigade, Toadsworth, Toadette, etc.). This is why Toad can represent the whole Toad species as a playable character just like Yoshi can represent the whole Yoshi species as a playable character.

@ Shortiecanbrawl

There is no way that Daisy and a random RPG character are getting in before Toad. Daisy has been in only one main game (a Mario game that wasn't even made by Miyamoto) and she appears exclusively in sports games now. Many RPG characters are usually in only one game so they would be misrepresenting the Mario series if anyone from the RPG games are playable. If we are getting a RPG character, I would rather see Paper Mario (at least he has his own series) but I don't really want Paper Mario because he is just another Mario in paper form.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@Kuma: Geno, really? I won't say that there's any need for an RPG based Mario character for the sake of an RPG based Mario character, but unless you go with that route, there is no reason for Geno. (I also hate the term "not a Nintendo congress" because if you go by everything so far, it sort of is. At least it should be closer to that than a "Nintendo senate" which would be pretty bad in certain cases)

And where did you get your info about Ivysaur being made a female in Japan? Ivysaurs don't have physical traits that seperate their genders like Venusaurs do, and unless something was mentioned in the Japanese Dojo, I have no idea where you'd get that type of info. Anyways, Pokemon are different, as there are no unique Pokemon, at least as far as the games are concerned. Even legendaries who only show up once in their games can fight their own clones thanks to link battles and what not. Thus its not an issue for that series, which has no individuals, but can be seen as an issue for another series which has both generic races, as well as unique individuals.

@Arc

Arc, the RPGs aren't the main games. If they were, then the racing, sports, and party games would also be main. Yeah a lot of people take the RPGs more seriously, but that's because they are RPGs. Still they aren't part of the main series, which are the platformers.

Disregarding the non-main games, most of your other conclusions (minus the Toadette/Toad cameo in Galaxy) are just speculation. All toads look the same, and its possible that they all are super strong too, so that piece of "evidence" is faulty as much as people even reffering to the random toads as "Toad" because that's what they are all named. That's why he's still a generic character after all. I could also speculate that the Koopa Troopa from Mario Kart is a main Koopa Troopa, and that he has shown up in every main Mario game (Bar Sunshine) and thus that he deserves to be in Smash since he also represents all the other Koopa Troopa varients that have ever shown up, and is incredibly iconic because every one knows him.

And again, Toad isn't a template on which all other toads are based on because Toad didn't come first. The race of non-descript toads exited before him.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It really doesnt matter what anyone says because no one is going to listen to one another. We have biases that we sub-conciously (for some conciously) stick by. I could list till the cows come home all the 3rd party ideas i can even think of and the only ones we would extensivly discuss are Megaman, Castlevania and thats it. No one is willing to listen to one another and reason with them. I get that lots of you like toad. But put all your "evidence" down and look at smash. Just, do you see toad in smash?

Honestly. Can you see him?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here are the trophy descriptions of Toad from Melee and Brawl

Toad, Peach's longtime servant, first showed off his strength in Super Mario Bros. 2, then proved to be an agile driver in Super Mario Kart. There are many Toads in Peach's castle and across the Mushroom Kingdom, and although they look similar, they have varied natures. Not the best of guards, Toad must often be rescued.
One of the servants at Peach's Castle in the Mushroom Kingdom. Toads give off a strong sense of peace. Most feature white heads with red polka dots, but there are other colors as well. Toad's incredible uprooting speed in Super Mario Bros. 2 is unrivaled, adding to the rumor of his superhuman strength... however out of place it might seem.
Contrast them to Brawl's Yoshi trophy for clarity.

A creature that hails from Yoshi's Island. Yoshis come in a variety of colors, and all possess gentle personalities. No matter what problems they face, they always look like they're having fun. Yoshis use their long tongues to grab and swallow fruit and enemies. They can convert what they swallow into eggs, which they then lay. They also give Mario rides.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I assume you're not referring to Star Phoenix.

Also, if you're going to use those PW GIFs, I suggest rehosting them onto photobucket as you're taking up Court Record's bandwidth.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
It really doesnt matter what anyone says because no one is going to listen to one another. We have biases that we sub-conciously (for some conciously) stick by. I could list till the cows come home all the 3rd party ideas i can even think of and the only ones we would extensivly discuss are Megaman, Castlevania and thats it. No one is willing to listen to one another and reason with them. I get that lots of you like toad. But put all your "evidence" down and look at smash. Just, do you see toad in smash?

Honestly. Can you see him?
i think it comes from our Pre-Conscious part of our Super Ego. sans my pre conscious super ego, according to me i actually listen and learn through reason so long as the significant other isn't totally confusing and/or attempted to correct the wrong way. (by the way, a majority of youse guys correct others the wrong way,... don't ask me what the right way is i don't know fully either, just theories).

at the last sentence... YES, i do see Toad in smash... toad is peach's special... oh wait, you mean in combat. what the hell is a servant doing in combat vs bowser, he will get burned.

listen arcade, (how long did it take you to type that bs? pardon my french) toad is peach's servant right? so why would he be anything more than a meat shield?
your answer could be that he is the leader of the toad brigade making him not a servant that his title changed to toad brigade leader or something like that, i didn't play New Super Mario Bros Wii, bite me.
if he is no longer a servant to the throne then who is?

i will try to change the subject
why don't people like Saki Amamiya? he is androgynous, yes but he would still pwn Falco in my opinion. imo, he is the best assist trophy to become a combatant, next is little mac, next is Issac, next is (i will not say starfy or lyn)
_______

pure RANDOMNESS!!!!!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Actually, yes, Toad is a template on which all other Toads are based on because:
- your standard Toad wears a red-spotted hat and a blue vest
- the Mushroom Retainers in Super Mario Bros. wear red-spotted hats and blue vests
- the Toad named Toad introduced in Super Mario Bros. 2 wears a red-spotted hat and a blue vest
- the Toad named Toad is now your standard Toad

It is the same thing with Yoshi:
- your standard Yoshi is green
- the Yoshis in Super Mario World are green, red, blue, and yellow
- the Yoshi named Yoshi introduced in Super Mario World is green
- the Yoshi named Yoshi is now your standard Yoshi

Like it or not, Toad IS the template for the Toad species. Like I said before, your standard Toad is always used to market Mario-related merchandise and more specifically, Toad-themed merchandise. Look at Toad on Club Nintendo rewards, he is wearing a red-spotted hat and a blue vest. Even the Smash series acknowledges the standard Toad with trophies, stickers, and Peach's move (and even acknowledges the species).

Melee trophy description:
Toad, Peach's longtime servant, first showed off his strength in Super Mario Bros. 2, then proved to be an agile driver in Super Mario Kart (the named Toad). There are many Toads in Peach's castle and across the Mushroom Kingdom, and although they look similar, they have varied natures (the species). Not the best of guards, Toad must often be rescued (the named Toad).

Brawl trophy description:
One of the servants at Peach's Castle in the Mushroom Kingdom (the named Toad). Toads give off a strong sense of peace. Most feature white heads with red polka dots, but there are other colors as well (the species). Toad's incredible uprooting speed in Super Mario Bros. 2 is unrivaled, adding to the rumor of his superhuman strength... however out of place it might seem (the named Toad).

Aha! Notice that only the named Toad is the only one who is said to have superhuman strength. There is no proof that the species have superhuman strength, it is just Toad himself who has that. Now that is just speculation on your part.

And the beauty of Toad being the standard Toad is that there are many Toads with red-spotted hats and blue vests that it does not really matter if Toad is playable while Peach still has Toad as her standard B move. Also, another good thing about the Toad species is that they come in many colors that practically the whole species can be represented through the standard Toad's palette swaps (most notably, the Toad Brigade). Pieman, you really need to drop the whole "generic" thing against Toad because it is really a moot point.

Also, my conclusions about Toad's appearances in main games are not speculation. You just chose to disregard them. I know what I am talking about because I have actually played all the main games and the RPG games and paid attention to the dialogue. I also have to take into account Toad's relationship with the other characters. I feel like Toise in a debate with you over Jody Summer when you don't know what you are talking about in regards to the F-Zero series and he does. :psycho:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Here is the description for Peach's standard special move given by the Smash DOJO.

No, not a real toad. Toad, from the Mario series. You know, like a toadstool.

This technique lets the princess use Toad as a shield.
I am attempting to be neutral on this one. I am bypassing personal opinion and using what has been stated by the game or by Sakurai.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This does solidify that there is the Toad and the Toad species. Even if you were to say that you would need Toad for Peach's B move, she could always have another attack like Mario got. Maybe something with her umbrella.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Are you guys really doing the species vs. individual thing again? Really? Come on, you're better than this.

@Pieman: Female JP Ivysaur probably comes from the voice, I recall it being distinctly female. Too lazy to confirm it but I doubt you'd have a hard time finding videos if you were curious enough. Wonder if they sound the same in the TV show though.

@Star: I know it was like two weeks ago or so, but I'm still interested in any DQ primer/history/whatever thing you might be able to show me.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
A year or two after Brawl came out, Wario Land: Shake It! was released for the Wii. Something from that game should show up in SSB4. Probably a stage.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Im not totally against toad (like i am Waluigi >.>) its just i think that a few Mario characters with more major roles should get in before him. Like someone to represent all the mario RPG's. Maybe fawful? And I am a big fan of Bowser Jr being in smash. We all know that. And I would honestly prefer Daisy in before toad. At least when you look at Daisy you know she is Daisy not just a random character from a generic race. The only toads that have their own names are Toadsworth, Toadette and a few others.

So IMO it goes Bowser Jr> (mario rpgs rep) > Daisy > Toad
Daisy and random RPG characters over Toad, are you serious?!

Just think, has daisy or any rpg character appeared in more than 1 main series mario game? While they may not look generic, they are still unimportant characters unlike Toad. Whenever in the main games, there is usually one Toad (who happens to be red) that plays a key supporting or major role in the game. In Mario galaxy, we are shown to the Toad brigade leader who is referred to as the leader or captain instead of just Toad. Why? because it is to give him a name that is not going to confuse him with the other Toads in the game. He also has the same personality and behaviour as Toad himself so it is best to aknowledge him as Toad.

In the recent games, how do we know if the yoshi like in galaxy 2 is THE yoshi from mario world and the spinnoffs? He looks like him, so that's why we assume that it is him similar to sunshine where in the guide books it shows green yoshi pictures to represent the generic yoshis that are in the game. Toad is with the similar case as why not use a picture of the group of toads in sunshine rather than the lone red Toad?

Also if more proof is needed to know if the red toad is toad, check out his card from mario super sluggers:

(he is indeed aknowledged as Toad by Nintendo)

If this is the case, Toad definately is no minor character and I'm assuming that the reason as to why he was given a red vest was to differentiate him from other minor toads (who may have blue vests) in the recent games.

Also while spinnoffs may not be as important as the main games, we should still aknowledge them as they are there to represent a character's popularity. We still get Toad as a usual default character in tons of mario spinnoffs (ie bonus ones include mario party ds and even the itadaki street ds game which was a crossover game and Toad was one of the few characters chosen to represent the mario series). While waluigi and daisy are apart of this, they are not canon game characters which Toad is and he appears as a playable character more often than them .

PS: Another fun fact about the Mario big 8 is that they are the only characters from the mario series that have starred in at least one game of their own telling their own story (aside from mario games).

Mario: do I need to say..
Luigi: Mario is missing, Luigi's mansion
Peach: Super Princess Peach
Toad: Wario's Woods
Yoshi: Yoshi's island games, Yoshi's story
DK: Donkey kong country and his other series games
Wario: Warioware, Wario Land
Bowser: Mario & Luigi 3: Bowser's inside story

Marshmallowman

Smash Apprentice
I would honestly like to see more female characters thrown into Smash Bros. so far my list for possible chars. are:
Krystal-star fox
Lyn/Tittiana-Fire Emblem
Midna (true form)- legend of zelda
Mia-Golden Sun

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Speaking of Wario, what about captain syrup. She was in Wario Land the shake dimension!

I like the wario land games sooo much more than the warioware games. So i wouldnt mind seeing Captain Syrup over Kat and Ana.

What do you think about her?

(In the end, i just neutral when it comes to toad. Not my first pick, but not my last)

....Waluigis my last...

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: I know it was like two weeks ago or so, but I'm still interested in any DQ primer/history/whatever thing you might be able to show me.
Oh yeah... Guess I'll go ahead and work on that. Just give me a little bit of time.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
toa isn't even the title guy for wario's woods, it is wario's woods not toad in wario's woods. he will always be considered a supporting character unless he gets his own game concerning him as the leader of the toad brigade... actually... that is not a bad idea!

Kamek, brainwashes the toad brigade and it is up to the leader to direct them like Lemmings, has anyone played "minis march again"? or would that just support kamek's inclusion?

ya know, toad could just be the main guy in the smash shop... right next to the scratching man from Zelda. and Kawasaki could do some kind of sticker mixer. man where do i come up with this stuff? honestly, i have no clue but the ideas speak for themselves. i support kamek over toad? what?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Super Toad Brigade has a nice ring to it... kinda like Super Princess Peach.

The reason why it is called Wario's Woods is because Wario was a brand new Mario character who happened to be very popular. It is about attracting the market. It is the same thing about Luigi's first game, Mario Is Missing!, because Mario's name is very marketable than Luigi's name. Hell, even Mario's first game wasn't named after him because King Kong was far more iconic than Mario so they named the game "Donkey Kong" after King Kong.

Propeller Toad

Smash Journeyman
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 is also another example. While it is called Wario Land, it still has the mario part in the name which like Arcadenik explained is for marketing purposes as Wario was still a new character at that point. Mario didn't even play much of a role in the game as well.

Toad was well known at that point too but having the name Wario on the title of Wario's Woods would of course attract more people as Wario again was a new character with a growing popularity.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Let's just stop the Toad discussion. I want to present an article I found and posted in the Light House forum.

http://www.edge-online.com/news/miyamoto-nintendo-could-charge-for-online-gaming

With this in mind, let's just assume that we'll be getting a much higher quality online service in the future (because we know the Wii's blows).

What online features do you want to see? Personally, I'd just be happy with match settings (for others with similar settings to find you), Wii Speak support (or whatever they'll have), lobbies, an online tournament mode, and something akin to the friend matches we have, but not limited to friends.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
. Personally, I'd just be happy with match settings (for others with similar settings to find you), Wii Speak support (or whatever they'll have), lobbies, an online tournament mode, and something akin to the friend matches we have, but not limited to friends.
I couldn't have said it better; I think this is pretty much what everyone wants. The lobby is the main thing I'd want, the friend code system sucks. I'd like to be able to utilize the user created stages online while going at it as well.

By the way, this is Twiztidniceguy, got a name change if ya couldn't figure that out.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I personally don't care if they don't change anything feature wise about Wi-Fi, as long as they stop using P2P connections for it. Ugh.
I think that's the standard for online play outside of stuff like GGPO.

KnuxMaster

Smash Rookie
NNID
CFood0
I haven't posted in a long time.

Because I haven't came here for a long time, but I'm back, what are we talking about now, still deciding on who to put in the nex smash bros. game?

Is someone still trying to get Toad in the game?

I personally don't mind, he's okay.

He's just not my first pick.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Toad only deserves a spot because he has appeared in almost every Mario game. Other than that I think his character would still be rather boring. Sorry Toad lovers.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Also, I want to see more villains and females and a sole quadrupedal character. Ivysaur can't always represent its type.

Right now, there are a lot of heroes fighting each other from other series, but don't get me wrong that I said that, though. What they should be doing is fighting other villains from different franchises.

Hey Little Mac! Go stop King. K. Rool!

Ganondorf! Take over the world of Weyard!

Link, aren't you wondering what Andross is up to?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Also, I want to see more villains and females and a sole quadrupedal character. Ivysaur can't always represent its type.

Right now, there are a lot of heroes fighting each other from other series, but don't get me wrong that I said that, though. What they should be doing is fighting other villains from different franchises.

Hey Little Mac! Go stop King. K. Rool!

Ganondorf! Take over the world of Weyard!

Link, aren't you wondering what Andross is up to?
I agree, I hope we see maybe three new villians and at least one more female character.

King Krool (Donkey Kong)
Ridley (Metriod)
Mewtwo or new evil fifth gen (Pokemon)

Females:
Captain Syrup (Wario)
Krystal (Star Fox)

Just those are a few examples ^.^ Although i think a good four new franchises would be extrememly refreshing.

HelenaGrace22

Smash Rookie
I think for each game there should at least be the main character, the main villian, and the main girl (girls need more credit ;-D )

New Characters:
-Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario (He can become either/or in his final smash kind of like Samus)
-Amy Rose (Sonic)
-Sora (K.H.)
-King Mickey (K.H.)
-Krystal (Star Fox)
-Shadow (Sonic)
-King K. Rool (DK)
-Ridley (Metroid)

Asst. Trophies:
-Toad (well lots of wants him in the game anyway, but he'd make a boring fighter -_- )
-Chip the Light Gaia (Sonic Unleashed)
-Knukles or Tails (Sonic... or maybe they should be new characters... idk... lol)

Other:
-You know how Zelda can become Sheik? Well, i think something like that would be kind of cool if there was like a code or something that can turn Sonic into a werehog (sorry i really like Sonic Unleashed)
-If you change Peach to Daisy (like you can do in brawl when you change color), it actually becomes Daisy
-Please get rid of Resetti as an assist! I got him five times in a row in a brawl! It just gets annoying!.... put then again he is pretty funny when taking pics xD

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think for each game there should at least be the main character, the main villian, and the main girl (girls need more credit ;-D )

New Characters:
-Bowser Jr./ Shadow Mario (He can become either/or in his final smash kind of like Samus)
-Amy Rose (Sonic)
-Sora (K.H.)
-King Mickey (K.H.)
-Krystal (Star Fox)
-Shadow (Sonic)
-King K. Rool (DK)
-Ridley (Metroid)

Asst. Trophies:
-Toad (well lots of wants him in the game anyway, but he'd make a boring fighter -_- )
-Chip the Light Gaia (Sonic Unleashed)
-Knukles or Tails (Sonic... or maybe they should be new characters... idk... lol)

Other:
-You know how Zelda can become Sheik? Well, i think something like that would be kind of cool if there was like a code or something that can turn Sonic into a werehog (sorry i really like Sonic Unleashed)
-If you change Peach to Daisy (like you can do in brawl when you change color), it actually becomes Daisy
-Please get rid of Resetti as an assist! I got him five times in a row in a brawl! It just gets annoying!.... put then again he is pretty funny when taking pics xD
-Bowser Jr. Alone, Shadow mario has only been in half of one game. Hes not that important
-Lyn (Fire Emplem) Much more worthy female. Plus We shouldnt over rep sonic.
-Black Mage (SE) Sora, though i like him, i would much rather see Blk Mage
-Main Male Character of Magical Starsign (Hes much cooler than King mickey and isnt a third party so thats a plus)
-Krystal (Star Fox) Agreed
- Captain Syrup (WarioLand) Again, dont over represent sonic.
-King K. Rool (DK) :)
-Ridley (Metroid) Agree!

I like the sonic idea, and maybe daisy should just be an assits trophy, for now, She hasnt really proven and actual character worthy....ness :p

Magical Starsign Hero: http://media.photobucket.com/image/magical starsign hero/inemisol/kassieetakeo.jpg

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*tries to avoid getting caught in a character discussion*

What do you guys think of a downloadable soundtrack? The game could start off with a pre-set soundtrack then, as time passed, you could download more original/remixed tracks. The game could give you a set limit of how many more you can add (I haven't a clue how much space music takes up, pardon my ignorance). If you want, you could download the soundtracks for entire Nintendo games. I also like the idea of being able to put any music to any stage that you want.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
*tries to avoid getting caught in a character discussion*

What do you guys think of a downloadable soundtrack? The game could start off with a pre-set soundtrack then, as time passed, you could download more original/remixed tracks. The game could give you a set limit of how many more you can add (I haven't a clue how much space music takes up, pardon my ignorance). If you want, you could download the soundtracks for entire Nintendo games. I also like the idea of being able to put any music to any stage that you want.
As long as we're not paying for it, I'm perfectly fine with this and a custom music feature. In fact, I'd be happy with it.

The problem with music DLC is that we're going to end up with the same issue as the music industry in general. Assuming custom music would be supported, they might as well release the music on a ZIP file on the official website for us to put on our SD cards.

JOE!

Smash Hero

why do people wnat krystal in smash again?

there are much more deserving characters...

Like meowth, who was shafted for Jiggs in the original SSB64

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I personally like her as a character and think she would be a fun addition to the roster as a character with an array of tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom