• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
This is the most important day for the History of Smash!!!!!

Oh, and I had a less important idea for Adventure mode.

There would be levels from the series of characters.

In each world, graphics change according to their most recent game (R.O.B and GaW don't have one. Also, you have the option to turn it off). Text would also work from their most recent game, i.e Legend of Zelda would have Text boxes from Twilight Princess.

Well, what do you think?! Terrible, isn't it?

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
Wow, I just had the most awful idea in the world.
What if Nintendo wants to compete with the Dead or Alive franchise, and makes a game called Super Smash Sisters? This game could have a mostly (if not all) female roster, with characters like Samus, Peach, Zelda, Krystal... Lyn? This game would be.. a cash in? Better yet, there could be two versions of the next smash (like any pokemon game) which you could connect and get content from both. A SSS and a SSB. After Nintendo does this a couple times, they could make a big deal about their return to a "traditional" smash game, and call it "Super Smash Bros Reunion".

And before you flame me for all eternity, this was the result of a horrible pipe dream/nightmare.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I just had the most awful idea in the world.
What if Nintendo wants to compete with the Dead or Alive franchise, and makes a game called Super Smash Sisters? This game could have a mostly (if not all) female roster, with characters like Samus, Peach, Zelda, Krystal... Lyn? This game would be.. a cash in?

And before you flame me for all eternity, this was the result of a horrible pipe dream/nightmare.
Hahahaha! That would be hilarious.

I think that if Nintendo did it like DOA did, all pervs on this planet would be satisfied.

Of course, if it wasn't a boobs fest on the beach like the DOA volleyball thing and it was actually a serious games collecting all female smashers, I don't think I'd mind.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Challenger Approaching:
TABUU

...Seriously! Think of that! It's like the best representative of Brawl...!

abilities:
glide--??
wall-jump--no
wall cling--no
Tether recovery--yes (grab)
footstool jump--yea of course
Final Smash: RED RINGS OF DEATH

I think this would work...!!!!!

B neutral--Tiny little ball shooting thing
Tabuu preforms that move where he shoots a bunch of tiny balls or something downward and outward. IT works like Ivysaur's Bullet seed, but goes at a slightly downward angle, has more width, but less length. Each tiny ball thing does 1 % damage, but the move will add up fast enough--The B neutral DOES succumb to stale move system.

Sideways Special--Brackets
Tabuu's side special works kind like Din's Fire. Tabuu tosses out the brackets, and is able to control them for a short while, before pulling them back to him. If someone is caught in the brackets, they are brought back to Tabuu, where he proceeds to slash them (like the onslot in the subspace--he grows freakin' crazy on them). The brackets to 4-5% damage every second someone is in them, but they are kinda easy to break out of. Tabuu's onslot does about 25% total, but can be DI'd out of with some effort..luck.

Ah crap I have to go now :p but if someone would at least comment on the concept of Tabuu in Smash (I think it'd work) that'd be great!

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Challenger Approaching:
TABUU

...Seriously! Think of that! It's like the best representative of Brawl...!

abilities:
glide--??
wall-jump--no
wall cling--no
Tether recovery--yes (grab)
footstool jump--yea of course
Final Smash: RED RINGS OF DEATH

I think this would work...!!!!!

Ah crap I have to go now :p but if someone would at least comment on the concept of Tabuu in Smash (I think it'd work) that'd be great!
^I'm not all for Tabuu, but you're not alone.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162985&page=98

If you scroll down there you can see that MarthTrinity did a swell job of making a Tabuu moveset... in the Make Your Move outcome, he came in 14th, and it was based on votes and such, so I think that a lot of people would agree with you.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^I'm not all for Tabuu, but you're not alone.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=162985&page=98

If you scroll down there you can see that MarthTrinity did a swell job of making a Tabuu moveset... in the Make Your Move outcome, he came in 14th, and it was based on votes and such, so I think that a lot of people would agree with you.
Thats's a really cool moveset. Though Tabuu dosen't seem to fit.

This is a crazy idea I just had.....

Create a Character

This idea could incorporate spire's shop idea as well (like adding new parts). The create a char idea will be similar to SC4's create a soul. At the start the only character to update would be the primid. Once you complete Adventure/classic mode with a certain character you will be able to use there body as a base.

Through your journey in 1 player mode you will gain small items called "parts". They would be similar to trophies and stickers. Once you have the pieces you can put them on your base.

EX. Put a rocket arm on mario. This would cause a change in smash attacks as well. All of marios arm smashs would change to the smash that each weapon has. Now that doesn't mean you can make a NK with a gun. Certain parts fit only certain chars (like stickers).

Once you have chosen the parts you want, you can start to customize the characters look. You will have the ability to erase parts. Like Mario's 'stache. From there you would have a blank face to draw whatever you want (or put certain facial parts).

This idea could be incorporated into the SSE as well. The primids may be bodies that are getting changed into advanced machines with the rosters DNA.

The negatives are that your char can gain weight from parts, depending on how heavy they are. Certain good parts are heavier then others. So a smart player wouldn't put a heavy part on bowser as that would make it even harder for him to move. Now many would think that this would be an advantage to lighter characters but it wont. There would me a maximum parts you can place and certain characters (the light ones) would have less parts to choose from. Plus they would lose jump distance.

To many heavy chars? Well certain chars won't receive heavy parts while others will. That way there isn't a upset in balance. The chars would only be usable in multiplayer and with friends on wifi not random battle.

This is just my crazy idea :p.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
I just had an idea: what about new individual shields??? Like how yoshi has his egg shield why not give every character a shield of their own? Mario could have a star shaped shield, peach could have a heart shaped shield( or use her umbrella as her shield). Link could have a triforce shield (tlink would have a toon version). etc. It might be kinda cool....

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Thats's a really cool moveset. Though Tabuu dosen't seem to fit.

This is a crazy idea I just had.....

Create a Character

This idea could incorporate spire's shop idea as well (like adding new parts). The create a char idea will be similar to SC4's create a soul. At the start the only character to update would be the primid. Once you complete Adventure/classic mode with a certain character you will be able to use there body as a base.

Through your journey in 1 player mode you will gain small items called "parts". They would be similar to trophies and stickers. Once you have the pieces you can put them on your base.

EX. Put a rocket arm on mario. This would cause a change in smash attacks as well. All of marios arm smashs would change to the smash that each weapon has. Now that doesn't mean you can make a NK with a gun. Certain parts fit only certain chars (like stickers).

Once you have chosen the parts you want, you can start to customize the characters look. You will have the ability to erase parts. Like Mario's 'stache. From there you would have a blank face to draw whatever you want (or put certain facial parts).

This idea could be incorporated into the SSE as well. The primids may be bodies that are getting changed into advanced machines with the rosters DNA.

The negatives are that your char can gain weight from parts, depending on how heavy they are. Certain good parts are heavier then others. So a smart player wouldn't put a heavy part on bowser as that would make it even harder for him to move. Now many would think that this would be an advantage to lighter characters but it wont. There would me a maximum parts you can place and certain characters (the light ones) would have less parts to choose from. Plus they would lose jump distance.

To many heavy chars? Well certain chars won't receive heavy parts while others will. That way there isn't a upset in balance. The chars would only be usable in multiplayer and with friends on wifi not random battle.

This is just my crazy idea :p.
Like a Stage Builder kind of way?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I just had an idea: what about new individual shields??? Like how yoshi has his egg shield why not give every character a shield of their own? Mario could have a star shaped shield, peach could have a heart shaped shield( or use her umbrella as her shield). Link could have a triforce shield (tlink would have a toon version). etc. It might be kinda cool....
Nice as that is, I'm fine with normal shields. And I hate Yoshi's egg. You can't jump out of it and it has a crappy roll.

Fun Fact: The Smash Shield originates from Kirby Superstar. But in that game, the shield didn't break or shrink.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Nice as that is, I'm fine with normal shields. And I hate Yoshi's egg. You can't jump out of it and it has a crappy roll.

Fun Fact: The Smash Shield originates from Kirby Superstar. But in that game, the shield didn't break or shrink.
Well, to be exact (since I'm a weirdo like that hehe) it wasn't a shield, it was just a guarding stance. You occasionally take chip damage from strong attacks, too, and certain attacks were unblockable.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Well, to be exact (since I'm a weirdo like that hehe) it wasn't a shield, it was just a guarding stance. You occasionally take chip damage from strong attacks, too, and certain attacks were unblockable.
The pink bubble shield I'm pretty sure was there. I'll go find a video.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The pink bubble shield I'm pretty sure was there. I'll go find a video.
No, I think he's right. It was just a defensive stance. There were special ones for some copy abilities, though. Kirby held the parasol in front of his face for Parasol, and I believe the shield for Mirror Kirby was a multicolor bubble somewhat similar to the shields we have in Smash.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The more and more I see of Captain Rainbow, the more I think he'd probably be a shoe in for the next game, or at least a AT. Heck, a good deal of ATs seem to be popping up in his game. (Devil, Little Mac, and in someways Infantry)

Of course we'd have to see how his game does, and what he can actually do in it. (Seems to use a Yo-Yo, and while Ness uses one too, Rainbow might be more specilized in it)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd like it. Another idea would be to give characters certain properties for their shields.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'd like it. Another idea would be to give characters certain properties for their shields.
That sounds good, the most obvious one would probably be Peach's umbrella shield. It wouldn't be breakable however it would have some knock-back when hit, but not near as much as without it.

Mario could also have his guard from one of his RPG games where he ducks in his hat, which would make him take less damage and make him a smaller target, although it doesn't sound as useful as a normal shield.

Fox could have one of those bubble shields from Assault. He would be able to move during shielding.

Donkey Kong could have a barrel, but he would be able to be thrown like the item. :laugh:

I'd love for something as fun as that to be in Smash.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Mario could also have his guard from one of his RPG games where he ducks in his hat, which would make him take less damage and make him a smaller target, although it doesn't sound as useful as a normal shield.
I see this more of a crouch, like a really low crouch... but I don't know, holding his head doesn't sound much like a shield.

Donkey Kong could have a barrel, but he would be able to be thrown like the item. :laugh:
Hahahaha! I could just see a barrel randomly pop over DK and he'd be squirming around in it, like he used to. That'd be hilarious.

Agi

Smash Lord
Samus = Screw Ball,
Snake = Box,
Fox = Bubble Sheild
Pokemon Trainer = Pokeball,
Olimar = Shell of Pikmin
Bowser = Shell,
Peach = Parasol
Mario/Luigi = Hide in hat...?
Pika = Thunderwave,
DK/Diddy = Barrel
Sonic: Magnet Shield (could collect coins in coin battles?)
Kirby = Rock
...add more, will be conglomerated here. (Wow, I spelled that right!)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Snake's has to be the box. I thought that would happen in Brawl, but it didn't.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Link could also have his mirror shield which would absorb elemental attacks( and shoot back after 3 of the same were absorbed) and automatically reflect light attacks

Ganondorf could have a cloud of shadow or a blackened triforce

Mario could have a star shield (makes sense)

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I can see Bowser withdrawing (with Squirtle doing the same, but the only problem is that he'd be an extremely small shield) into his shell.

But there's only one question I have for you thinkers-of-the-unique-shields:

Would the shields all be in equal strength? And if they broke, how would they repair after dizziness? Like, if Bowser's shell broke, would it shatter or would he just be temporarily dazed and his shell would be fine?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here are some more ideas:

Samus: Morph Ball
Zamus: Plasma Whip Barrier
Snake: Box
Ness and Lucas: PK Shield (Both actually learn this I believe)
Captain Falcon: Manly Endurance

Anyway, what about when the shield brakes/dies out? For Bowser, his shell can be cracked, Peach's parasol breaks, Zamus' whip paralyzes her, Samus falls onto the ground, and more.

I can see Bowser withdrawing (with Squirtle doing the same, but the only problem is that he'd be an extremely small shield) into his shell.

But there's only one question I have for you thinkers-of-the-unique-shields:

Would the shields all be in equal strength? And if they broke, how would they repair after dizziness? Like, if Bowser's shell broke, would it shatter or would he just be temporarily dazed and his shell would be fine?
My guess is that they magically recover. Bowser's shell would start to lose the cracks in his shell.

Anyway, I think the shields SHOULDN'T have equal strength. Instead, I think some should have some slight abilities and disadvantages. For example, one can only protect one side, but the shield is long lasting.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Link could also have his mirror shield which would absorb elemental attacks( and shoot back after 3 of the same were absorbed) and automatically reflect light attacks

Ganondorf could have a cloud of shadow or a blackened triforce

Mario could have a star shield (makes sense)
Sorry, but no. Shields shouldn't become attacks or serve any other strategic purpose other than preventing the player from taking damage. Reflectors and absorbing attacks should stay as DownB's.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I think the shields SHOULDN'T have equal strength. Instead, I think some should have some slight abilities and disadvantages. For example, one can only protect one side, but the shield is long lasting.
I like this. This would give the nerfed heavyweights more of an advantage with a more durable overall better shield? Or are you talking about in general, where certain characters have sweet shields and some don't?

What I'm thinking is that huge bad guys with obvious shields, like Bowser, would have amazing shields which would make up for their bad dodging/speed/jump distance.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I'm all for characters getting more unique shields, but I think any special abilities of those shields should be limited. Yoshi's doesn't shrink, that's what's nice about it. Shields should only serve defensive purposes, so no reflecting or absorbing on normal shields. Special abilities like it not shrinking, just weakening, or maybe even being able to walk slowly with the shield seem good, but nothing that goes too far beyond defense. Visually, I think they could stand to change things around, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom