• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Stage Builder 101

Multiple Layers:

Currently in Brawl, we have two layers in the Stage Builder, the playground (middleground) and the background (which is merely an image). We need the middle ground, the background, a midway background (between the middle and backgrounds) that is represented in 3D, rather than the paper background, AND a foreground layer. Of course, the only two necessary layers are middle and background, with midway background and foreground entirely optional.

Unlockable/Purchasable Parts:

What to do with all of the extra loads of coins that we have? Blow them all on collecting multiples of trophies in the coin launcher? Hell no. We need a universal "Store" or "Marketplace" in Smash Bros (perhaps its own little level that you can visit by walking around (sidescroller-style) with a character of your choice). At this marketplace, you can visit different stores, like the "Trophy Emporium" and the "Item Store" (yes that means UNLOCKABLE ITEMS), and the "Stage Deed Realtor" (yes, you should be able to purchase secret stages), and finally the "Custom Stage Depot", where you can buy new parts for custom stages, from a magazine of many, many, many different parts, both original and representative of different game series (Warp Pipes from Mario, pushable blocks from Zelda, F-Zero Machines from F-Zero, etc, etc). This would fully optimize the Stage Builder and make it just as, if not more important than even the Story Mode.

Themes:

Ever get tired of the factory, ruins, or temple themes? Yeah, me too. They need to expand the default themes to say... 15 different settings, all with custom pieces, AND add a means to perhaps purchase new themes, backgrounds, or middleground pieces for optimal customization. This would make the Stage Builder endless.

Anyways, that's my two cents on what the Stage Builder lacks now and needs in the future. Here's to high hopes!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
We need a universal "Store" or "Marketplace" in Smash Bros (perhaps its own little level that you can visit by walking around (sidescroller-style) with a character of your choice). At this marketplace, you can visit different stores, like the "Trophy Emporium" and the "Item Store" (yes that means UNLOCKABLE ITEMS), and the "Stage Deed Realtor" (yes, you should be able to purchase secret stages), and finally the "Custom Stage Depot", where you can buy new parts for custom stages, from a magazine of many, many, many different parts, both original and representative of different game series (Warp Pipes from Mario, pushable blocks from Zelda, F-Zero Machines from F-Zero, etc, etc). This would fully optimize the Stage Builder and make it just as, if not more important than even the Story Mode.
I really like this idea. Finally, something to do with 9999 coins! Plus, I bet they'd get more creative with the stages and items this way, since they'd know we're picking and choosing which ones we're gonna buy.

It's not like, "I just unlocked Hanenwhat? Man, this stage blows..."

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's not like, "I just unlocked Hanenwhat? Man, this stage blows..."
Hahahahahaha, quote of the year!

EDIT: So this post actually contributes. I would strongly advise Nintendo to cut the crap from Brawl and add more stages. We don't need many more characters, but we definitely need better and more stages (along with Stage Builder getting a MAJOR face lift). No more stickers; no more masterpieces; no more any of that extraneous crap that we DO NOT NEED. I'd gladly sacrifice Adventure Mode and even half of the music for expansion of stages.

Here was a stage layout that I designed quite a while ago and posted, but got no response to whatsoever. The red lines show where you can stand, and the arrows show where you can go out of bounds (arrows ON the lines mean that the line is walk-off).

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
They won't be able to cut the "crap" from Brawl, but maybe future Smash games....

Interesting stage, Spire, even if I'm not that big a fan of having a ton of walk-off edges.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Well, it would count as your second jump, and it would only carry a character as far as their second jump goes, so it would actually, I think, help to balance characters like Link or...well, maybe just Link. Even then, it would only really help a given character if they used it while really high up above the stage, as it would give more horizontal momentum than a standard air jump.
Still though. It would be a good addition.
That would make more sense, thanks. How would Link do it though? I'd like for him to have this because his recovery as of now is not so good.

Or anyone who's picked up a Poison Mushroom (think New Super Mario Bros.).
I forgot about that, although having people who picked up the Poison Mushroom in Brawl getting the ability to run on water would make them more annoying than they already are.

Uh, maybe. It would get kind of tricky, though, if you wanted to make a unique attack for this, as it would be difficult to make one move that looks and acts the same when you Ukemi off a ceiling/wall/floor.
Also to add to this, if you press A just as you exit a roll, you can start your neutral A faster. There'd be a little flash to show you did it, similar to the Pivot Grab animation. Oh, also you forgot to mention Pivot Grabs. :lick:
Maybe the floor tech would just do the getting up attack instantly and the roof tech would just be a vertical tech counter. What do you mean by pivot grabs though? They're in Brawl. Or do you mean something different?

Eh... I could see this SOMEHOW getting in... but like, not certain characters would be able to use it, you could simply dig on CERTAIN stages or something... like an ant farm, I don't know.
I mean like how wall jumping can only be done on certain stages, you can do it on somewhere like Battle Field, but you can't do it on the main platform of Isle Delfino, it would be the same with digging. It seems like it would be useful.

This makes some sense to me, but it wouldn't be used by only certain characters, it would just be that certain characters are better at it? That's how I would find it useful.
Well I was thinking air-dashing wouldn't make sense for certain characters, like you could imagine Fox being able to do it because he could get a jet-pack in one of his games, but it wouldn't make sense for Pikachu.

This really wouldn't do much, would it? I mean, don't characters do backflips and such normally? Or are you talking about dodging and on the ground techniques?
Yeah, I'd like for some of these to be in because I can think of a lot of times where characters went too high for me to get them (backflip) or I needed I more horizontal jump to get someone. (long jump)

I was hoping for some more character individuality that went beyond just attacks, Mario is known for jumping techniques and it really doesn't show a whole lot for him.

Edit: I like the stage Spire, it looks fun. I agree with the rest, but I actually want more characters and wouldn't get rid of the adventure mode. I agree about the stickers and masterpieces though, I never really used them.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Interesting. The stage builder would be great if that was true. Then sakurai's " We truly have thought of everything" quote would actually be true (so far we have a lacking stage builder). I think we don't need as many stages. In melee we had 20 (I think) but in brawl we have 41-42. In melee we had 26 characters but only 39 in brawl. There should always be more stages the characters but brawl was sort of one sided :/

D

Deleted member

Interesting. The stage builder would be great if that was true. Then sakurai's " We truly have thought of everything" quote would actually be true (so far we have a lacking stage builder). I think we don't need as many stages. In melee we had 20 (I think) but in brawl we have 41-42. In melee we had 26 characters but only 39 in brawl. There should always be more stages the characters but brawl was sort of one sided :/
Don't jinx it dude:p

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Here was a stage layout that I designed quite a while ago and posted, but got no response to whatsoever. The red lines show where you can stand, and the arrows show where you can go out of bounds (arrows ON the lines mean that the line is walk-off).

Well, the defining characteristic of the Lost Woods is the "lost" part. So...find some way to work that in, and I'm sold. As is, I could make this in Stage Builder, sans the walk-off portions.

Anyway, I might as well throw out my dream level: Dracula's Castle

Alright so I was going to make a neat picture in GIMP but I'm fat and lazy so I decided not to. :bee:

EDIT - GOD. Freaking SmashBoards won't let me draw the stage with underscored and lowercase L's, so I just had to spend the last 5 minutes in MS Paint. GOD can you believe that? I'm like, the unluckiest guy in the world, for sure.

Note: characters not to scale
(except Simon)

A basic stage with a unique arrangement of platforms. Normally the moon lights up the stage (it's really, really big in the background), but in time clouds mask it, at which time a set of torches mysteriously light up in the background. Also every now and again fleets of bats and Medusa Heads will migrate across the stage.

Also if you didn't catch it, it's a Castlevania stage, so Simon would be in the game.

hippochinfat!! said:
He's right man, Jump games are extremely overated. They aren't that similar to Smash and they're just not fun.
I'm...still not sure we're on the same page here.

I'm talking about this game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uV7RJW1730g&feature=related.

I just can't believe anyone who's spent enough time with the thing to learn their way around the menus could think it's a bad game.

Veggi said:
That would make more sense, thanks. How would Link do it though? I'd like for him to have this because his recovery as of now is not so good.
Maybe some visual example will help. VISUAL EXAMPLE

Now, every character in Guilty Gear can do air dashes (though certain ones can do more than one, and some can fly instead). A character only has two "jumps", just like in Smash Bros., one of which is expended when an Air Dash is used. So if Ky in that video had jumped normally in the air, he couldn't have air-dashed.

Theoretically, just like in Guilty Gear, the Air Dash wouldn't break the game, as it provides no vertical lift.

And someone mentioned they wouldn't feel right about every character doing it, but remember, it's not an attack or anything, it's just another alternative mode of locomotion. And don't complain about it being "unrealistic" or anything, because this is a game wherein characters vault off of nothing, in midair.

I forgot about that, although having people who picked up the Poison Mushroom in Brawl getting the ability to run on water would make them more annoying than they already are.
Well, it really wouldn't be useful, just a neat feature. If you stopped running, even to Dash Attack or roll, you'd start to sink, so...

Yeah it'd basically be fan-service.

What do you mean by pivot grabs though? They're in Brawl. Or do you mean something different?
Nevermind.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Stage Builder 101

Multiple Layers:

Currently in Brawl, we have two layers in the Stage Builder, the playground (middleground) and the background (which is merely an image). We need the middle ground, the background, a midway background (between the middle and backgrounds) that is represented in 3D, rather than the paper background, AND a foreground layer. Of course, the only two necessary layers are middle and background, with midway background and foreground entirely optional.

Unlockable/Purchasable Parts:

What to do with all of the extra loads of coins that we have? Blow them all on collecting multiples of trophies in the coin launcher? Hell no. We need a universal "Store" or "Marketplace" in Smash Bros (perhaps its own little level that you can visit by walking around (sidescroller-style) with a character of your choice). At this marketplace, you can visit different stores, like the "Trophy Emporium" and the "Item Store" (yes that means UNLOCKABLE ITEMS), and the "Stage Deed Realtor" (yes, you should be able to purchase secret stages), and finally the "Custom Stage Depot", where you can buy new parts for custom stages, from a magazine of many, many, many different parts, both original and representative of different game series (Warp Pipes from Mario, pushable blocks from Zelda, F-Zero Machines from F-Zero, etc, etc). This would fully optimize the Stage Builder and make it just as, if not more important than even the Story Mode.

Themes:

Ever get tired of the factory, ruins, or temple themes? Yeah, me too. They need to expand the default themes to say... 15 different settings, all with custom pieces, AND add a means to perhaps purchase new themes, backgrounds, or middleground pieces for optimal customization. This would make the Stage Builder endless.

Anyways, that's my two cents on what the Stage Builder lacks now and needs in the future. Here's to high hopes!
Wooow, this is revolutionary!
To add my 2 cents, I think that there should be custom backgroung themes as well as allowing you to choose backgrounds from other stages, or at least have cahracter themed stage backgroudsn. Example, a yoshi's island-like stage with a background similar to that of Yoshi's Island...
--The possiblity to add enemies. As in--a Bowser's castle stage is in the next smash game. Say that stage has thwomps--in the custom stage builder, you should be able to use thwomps in whatever custom stage you build--so um, mmake anything available (or at least practical things) in reg. stages available to YOU in custom builidng.

--Allow for walk-offs to be added. I'm sure it isn't that hard to do.
--allow for scrolling/switching (think FE's stage) stages. A bit more unlikely, but I htink it'd be possible...

But yea Spire III, GREAT ideas.

Also--I'd maybe axe the adventure mode for a completely flexible stage builder... but dont' get rid of the music man... Spire, i'm not sure if your the one who said that but..oh well :)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well, the defining characteristic of the Lost Woods is the "lost" part. So...find some way to work that in, and I'm sold. As is, I could make this in Stage Builder, sans the walk-off portions.

Anyway, I might as well throw out my dream level: Dracula's Castle

Alright so I was going to make a neat picture in GIMP but I'm fat and lazy so I decided not to. :bee:

EDIT - GOD. Freaking SmashBoards won't let me draw the stage with underscored and lowercase L's, so I just had to spend the last 5 minutes in MS Paint. GOD can you believe that? I'm like, the unluckiest guy in the world, for sure.

Note: characters not to scale
(except Simon)

A basic stage with a unique arrangement of platforms. Normally the moon lights up the stage (it's really, really big in the background), but in time clouds mask it, at which time a set of torches mysteriously light up in the background. Also every now and again fleets of bats and Medusa Heads will migrate across the stage.

Also if you didn't catch it, it's a Castlevania stage, so Simon would be in the game.
A Castlevania stage with a moon, now there is a good stage I would enjoy, just because of the scenery I would enjoy it, but it being from Simon Belmont would make it like 100x better, so yea, you got my approval for this stage :)

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
*cough cough* jungle japes *cough cough*
Are you somehow implying that getting a Poison Mushroom/being Luigi would give you an unfair advantage on Jungle Japes?

*coughklaptrapscough*

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME said:
--allow for scrolling/switching (think FE's stage) stages. A bit more unlikely, but I htink it'd be possible...
This actually shouldn't be that difficult to implement. You'd make, say, three stages, then use a tool or menu to "link" them. You'd place them in the order you want, then set a timer for the switches. Of course, there wouldn't be neat transitions like Port Town or Delfino Plaza--you'd be stuck with the generic Castle Siege transition.

Agi

Smash Lord
Are you somehow implying that getting a Poison Mushroom/being Luigi would give you an unfair advantage on Jungle Japes?

*coughklaptrapscough*
Having argued with Pheonix Wright in the past... I don't wanna do it again. But remember... Klap traps aren't constantly swimming in the water... plus even that speed boost would overly help him with escaping them.. unless they were Klapping at his overalls.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
The question is,does anybody actually care about Jungle Japes anymore?

This actually shouldn't be that difficult to implement. You'd make, say, three stages, then use a tool or menu to "link" them. You'd place them in the order you want, then set a timer for the switches. Of course, there wouldn't be neat transitions like Port Town or Delfino Plaza--you'd be stuck with the generic Castle Siege transition.
But, what if one of those links are a rickroll? People would be real mad.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Having argued with Pheonix Wright in the past... I don't wanna do it again. But remember... Klap traps aren't constantly swimming in the water... plus even that speed boost would overly help him with escaping them.. unless they were Klapping at his overalls.
Two things:

1. The water in Jungle Japes is moving so fast, that chances are, even if you were running on it, you'd get swept away anyways. You'd be able to jump out easier by running first, though.

2. To quote someone who recently died in a fire:

does anybody actually care about Jungle Japes anymore?
darkserenade said:
But, what if one of those links are a rickroll? People would be real mad.
I C WAT U DID THAR

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Yes, in fact, Pikachu's head and Yoshi's arms are also exactly the same as swords. They don't cut.
Swords are disjointed hitboxes, those aren't.

Anyways, Krystal still should never be in Smash. She's a lame character who isn't very important but furries obsess over her so much to make her look important.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
hmm... what happened to this thread? jk

Stages now, OK.

I'll still put in my want of an actual Tetris Stage. I'm not saying we need L-Block as a character, but having a third-party game only submit a stage and music would open the door for other classic third party franchises that don't translate well into fighting games.

Also, I really REALLY want a bowser's castle stage!! There are a number of ways to make this: my personal favorite would be a side-scrolling stage similar to Mushroomy Kingdom, but going through the
final castle in the first Super Mario Bros, with spinning fire wheels and lava intact. Another way would be to make a Castle-Siege-ish stage with the floor falling through to reveal the different levels of the castle (ending, of course, with the bridge over the lava getting cut, leaving the small part of the level the only safe area. Bowser's castles and fortresses are way too important to leave out for the likes of Delfino Plaza... sorry guys, I didn't really like Sunshine. The stage is only specific to that one game anyway, but Bowser's castles are everywhere.

I'm also standing by my "New Super Mario Bros Trampoline Minigame Stage". For the heck of it. It would be awesome. Don't try to argue.

And with that, I end.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Maybe some visual example will help. VISUAL EXAMPLE

Now, every character in Guilty Gear can do air dashes (though certain ones can do more than one, and some can fly instead). A character only has two "jumps", just like in Smash Bros., one of which is expended when an Air Dash is used. So if Ky in that video had jumped normally in the air, he couldn't have air-dashed.

Theoretically, just like in Guilty Gear, the Air Dash wouldn't break the game, as it provides no vertical lift.

And someone mentioned they wouldn't feel right about every character doing it, but remember, it's not an attack or anything, it's just another alternative mode of locomotion. And don't complain about it being "unrealistic" or anything, because this is a game wherein characters vault off of nothing, in midair.
I actually got the idea from Guilty Gear, although I'd sort of like it to be character exclusive, just because well... I like character exclusive abilities. I agree though, it wouldn't be over-powered. Although in Smash it would be more useful because "YOU MUST RECOVER."

Well, it really wouldn't be useful, just a neat feature. If you stopped running, even to Dash Attack or roll, you'd start to sink, so...

Yeah it'd basically be fan-service.
Actually I think it could be useful, it would make attacking people in water easier and it would make the water like a temporary platform for Luigi, that way he could get people he wouldn't normally be able to get.

*coughklaptrapscough*
I used to think my DK couldn't die from the water on that level because I could keep using up b over and over, then I met the Klap Trap. If you watch that thing comes really often.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
*Gives Spire the best idea for SSB4 medal*
A store would be amazing, and I think it wouldn't hurt to make the shopping more smash-like. For example, if you steal, you have to escape out of the store without being KOed. Or, they could put the stores in random adventure mode levels.

Nerfs:MK DeDeDe Snake

Buffs:Ganon Link Samus Peach Captain Falcon Yoshi

Most wanted:Mewtwo,Store, A DECENT adventure mode, more characters, Friend exchange.

My theory to why MK and Snake are broken: As we know, Nintendo practically said Sakurai would be working on it before he agreed. Also, as we know, the creators of the two series are good friends. I'm thinking that because of this situation, Sakurai felt like he should break those two characters.

On the Krystal staff thing, I could see fire, earth, and maybe healing abilities, at the cost of medium strength.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
MK and Snake are broken because the developers cared nothing for balancing the game for 1v1 play. Sakurai knows and cares nothing about competitive game design or balance.

ness4life

Smash Journeyman
In the apartment next to Sakurai. Friday is Pizza
MK and Snake are broken because the developers cared nothing for balancing the game for 1v1 play. Sakurai knows and cares nothing about competitive game design or balance.
Harsh words from someone who claims to main metaknight...

Anyways yes, a store for smash would be wonderful. I like the idea of putting the store in the adventure mode, but I don't think it should be the only place to buy things. I think that there should be one kind of store that sells health and weapons in the adventure mode, and a kind of store that sells alt costumes, hidden characters, stages, and the like in the main menu.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Harsh words from someone who claims to main metaknight...
MK is my backup and I like using him. Doesn't mean I can't disagree with the designer's view of what the game should have been. Even if MK wasn't broken I would still be using him.

Also, MK is my backup since I main Yoshi and I would be nuts not to have a secondary whom I can use as a counter-pick in case Yoshi's not cutting the mustard.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Speaking of a store, what Nintendo character do you think should own the shop? I would say Tom Nook if I didn't want him playable so bad. Maybe if you bought everything Tom Nook would challenge you and become playable. I stole that idea from some guy who was on Nsider.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
AWESOME STAGE BUILDER STUFF
I agree with everything you said, but...

Unfortunately, that's just not possible. A stage builder with so many features... would be just... amazing. But, not possible. Let me make a quick possible and not possible list of your post.

Possible

- Everything in the themes section
- Everything from the Multiple Layers section

Not Possible

- F-Zero machines
- Pushable Blocks (maybe possible, but probably not)
- Anything else that would require moving stages/parts)

Most things in the Not Possible are fully possible for pre-made stages. Just, the stage builder couldn't be near that intuitive. I just don't think that it's technically possible for it.

Maybe on the next gen system. Maybe.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
The nest Super Smash game has been announced!
It is Wii Smash Family!

There is no Super, since Wii all aren't Super!
There is no Bros. is sexist, cause it only applys to males, and it also leaves out the parents, so Family is better.
Plus, there would be no GC controller support, so that old people and soccer moms won't be scared of the buttons on the GC controller!
Online play will be out cause they heard someone had a bad experience and was too stupid to remove the mean person from their friend list.
Smash attacks are used by the the balance board.
Instead of adding new characters, they just made it so you can put your Miis head in the place of either Snake, Peach or Snakes butt.
Rather than a combat themed game, all the Nintendo characters have gathered around for Minigame fun(and a Sega character and Konami guy).
Sakurai won't make the game, people seemed dissatisfied with Brawl so he left the next Smash to Cammie Dunnaway, I hope you guys are happy!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I agree with everything you said, but...

Unfortunately, that's just not possible. A stage builder with so many features... would be just... amazing. But, not possible. Let me make a quick possible and not possible list of your post.

Possible

- Everything in the themes section
- Everything from the Multiple Layers section

Not Possible

- F-Zero machines
- Pushable Blocks (maybe possible, but probably not)
- Anything else that would require moving stages/parts)

Most things in the Not Possible are fully possible for pre-made stages. Just, the stage builder couldn't be near that intuitive. I just don't think that it's technically possible for it.

Maybe on the next gen system. Maybe.
Actually what I meant by F-Zero machines was that they could merely be objects rather than how they act in Port Town Aero Drive. I completely forgot about that stage when suggesting the machines as objects. Yeah, really, all I was trying to do was come up with some decent ideas for custom representative objects that you could place on your stage and that popped in my head for some reason.

EDITED: Anyways, thanks for the support for a Smash Bros Store. I see it as a marketplace with several stores for the different types of purchasable content, each run by a different proprietor. Here, I'll list the merchants:
  • Tom Nook - Custom stage parts and deeds to unlockable stages
  • Beedle - Unlockable items
  • Funky Kong - Store-exclusive music
  • Toadsworth - Store-exclusive trophies
  • Daisy - Alternative character outfits
  • Peppy - Unlockable game modes/options
  • Tingle - Secret, purchasable characters

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually what I meant by F-Zero machines was that they could merely be objects rather than how they act in Port Town Aero Drive. I completely forgot about that stage when suggesting the machines as objects. Yeah, really, all I was trying to do was come up with some decent ideas for custom representative objects that you could place on your stage and that popped in my head for some reason.

Anyways, thanks for the support for a Smash Bros Store. I see it as a marketplace with several stores for the different types of purchasable content, each run by a different proprietor. Here, I'll list the merchants:
  • Tom Nook - Custom stage parts and deeds to unlockable stages
  • Beedle - Unlockable items
  • Funky Kong - Store-exclusive music
  • Toadsworth - Store-exclusive trophies
  • Daisy - Alternative character outfits
  • Slippy - Unlockable game modes/options
  • [someone] - Secret, purchasable characters
Hm... Alright, I can see the F-Zero machines working like that.

Oh, and great idea for the store NPCs. We get Nook inclusion, Toadsworth. But, I would rather have Peppy instead of Slippy. Much, much more preferred.

Maybe Tingle could fit that 'someone' slot.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
No, I think it should go like this:
Put a character that people really wanted, and then, after getting all hidden characters, he/she battles you,and if you win, he/she joins.

Mewtwo,Issac,and Bowser Jr. all work.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hm... Alright, I can see the F-Zero machines working like that.

Oh, and great idea for the store NPCs. We get Nook inclusion, Toadsworth. But, I would rather have Peppy instead of Slippy. Much, much more preferred.

Duh, Peppy! I just thought that Slippy would fit because he's the team's mechanic, so he'd be good with stuff like options and game modes. ANYWAYS, Peppy definitely takes the cake.

Oh, and my thoughts exactly on Tingle. I didn't want to put him because people would jump on me about, "Tingle should be playable, nub," and s***. Perhaps Tingle stands outside of a big fancy door, and you have to pay the fee to see who's "performing" inside. So once you enter, the "Challenger Approaching" screen comes on and you fight the character on a special stage, perhaps that's an actual theatrical stage exclusive to this game mode. If you lose, maybe you'll have to pay 1/4 the price to re-enter.

I say there are maybe four characters exclusive to this event, and you must meet the "hidden" requirements so that they appear in this theater. Upon doing so, you would get a message after the battle or whatever saying, "A new character is performing at the marketplace theater!"

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Duh, Peppy! I just thought that Slippy would fit because he's the team's mechanic, so he'd be good with stuff like options and game modes. ANYWAYS, Peppy definitely takes the cake.

Oh, and my thoughts exactly on Tingle. I didn't want to put him because people would jump on me about, "Tingle should be playable, nub," and s***. Perhaps Tingle stands outside of a big fancy door, and you have to pay the fee to see who's "performing" inside. So once you enter, the "Challenger Approaching" screen comes on and you fight the character on a special stage, perhaps that's an actual theatrical stage exclusive to this game mode. If you lose, maybe you'll have to pay 1/4 the price to re-enter.

I say there are maybe four characters exclusive to this event, and you must meet the "hidden" requirements so that they appear in this theater. Upon doing so, you would get a message after the battle or whatever saying, "A new character is performing at the marketplace theater!"
Performing is a little bit odd. Maybe a wrestling center or something.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Baby bowser instead of Bowser Jr. The Yoshi series needs a 2nd rep, and it would be nice if each series had at least one villain/questionable character in its lineup.

You would unlock him following a recreation of the final boss in yoshi's island, where you have to star KO enemies to push him back. Afterwards he shrinks to normal size, and you have to fight him in that arena in a normal fight to unlock him.

And he wouldn't be a clone of bowser. There should be no clones (or even semi-clones) in SSB4, unless there's a main roster and a bonus roster (a la Soul Calibur 3) or something like that. Luigi, Ganondorf, Toon link (who should be called young link) need completely new movesets, as they all have enough material in their games to do so. The original parts of wolf and falco should be combined into an original wolf moveset, and ness and Lucas should have unique special moves.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I had a visual regarding the Coin Launcher.

If the trophies come back (which is likely), the Coin Launcher should return with an added twist. There should be a difficulty level setting for it.

When played on Easy, obstacles move slow and are easy to hit, but you'll only get common trophies and almost never get a new trophy after collecting all the common trophies.

Obstacles move faster and faster when you raise the skill level. Also, your odds of getting a new trophy increase when you play the harder skill levels too. Additionally, trophies that are rare on the easier levels become more common on the harder levels.

For the missiles that can cause you to lose coins...

Easy: -10
Normal: -20
Hard: -30
Very Hard: -50
Intense: -100

On a side note, missiles are more relentless and can strike very frequently on the higher skill levels, but are less common on the easier levels.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
I doubt Spire would make the next game instead of Sakurai... But he could definitely give Sakurai suggestions and ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom