• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2664121 and http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2660921. Yeah:smash:.

KOS-MOS isn't very likely, I'll admit, especially since Ninty isn't localizing Xenosaga DS, and Namco is probably sick of the property by now...but a guy can dream, right?
I suppose.
Bubbles for SSB4. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.
Objection! Bubbles would be bad! I would rather have Von Karma http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2697392 or Godot http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2697382. Von karma has her whip, and Godot's visor could double for a laser. Even Winston Payne http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2697427 would be better.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2697342
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2697397
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2697399
http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2697404

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Dashing in the air - Sort of like the spacies side-b, but without the air-cripple. Fox, Falco, Wolf and Samus seem like characters that would have this, might be sort of over-powered as a recovery though.
Well, it would count as your second jump, and it would only carry a character as far as their second jump goes, so it would actually, I think, help to balance characters like Link or...well, maybe just Link. Even then, it would only really help a given character if they used it while really high up above the stage, as it would give more horizontal momentum than a standard air jump.

Still though. It would be a good addition.

Also, you'd do it by just holding left or right and pressing jump--that's right, a technique you can't use with Tap Jump! :bee:

Run on water - Luigi/Jesus exclusive ability.
Or anyone who's picked up a Poison Mushroom (think New Super Mario Bros.).

Counter-teching - After teching, you could press A to spring off the wall into an attack, wrestler-style. Not sure who would have this. Maybe everyone?
Uh, maybe. It would get kind of tricky, though, if you wanted to make a unique attack for this, as it would be difficult to make one move that looks and acts the same when you Ukemi off a ceiling/wall/floor.

Also to add to this, if you press A just as you exit a roll, you can start your neutral A faster. There'd be a little flash to show you did it, similar to the Pivot Grab animation. Oh, also you forgot to mention Pivot Grabs. :lick:

@ darkserenade: Christ on a cracker, never post that many Objections again.

Also Jammin' Ninja for SSB4.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Well, if you want to get really technical, it's actually Duckroll. Every 'Roll but that is either old, dead, or just not.

Learn your internets. :embarrass
Newsflash! Sparta remixes on youtube is the big thing now! Looks like you should learn your internets! (I'm glad nobody has argued I'm a Smash Child and he's a Smash Lord for my credibility.)

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Nerfs:MK Snake Dedede Fox
Buffs:Samus Link JigglyDuff Captain Falcon Ganondorf Peach Yoshi
Move Change:Ganon Luigi Toon Link MK
Grab Change:IC DeDeDe

Also, to Chief Mendez, I turned on the tv and it was pokemon. Some dialouge:
Seedot:See See Seedot!
Nurse Joy:Do you want me to follow you, Seedot?
Seedot:Seedot,Seedot!

For all we know we know Seedot said....
Seedot:Who the hell are you?
Seedot:I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, or talk at all for that matter.

Conversation from Digimon
Marcus:Thomas.. well it's about time.Where have you been?! We were worried sick about you!
ShineGreymon:Good to see you again,MirageGaogamon.Let's take those Gizumon out together.
Thomas:Attack(ShineGreymon),MirageGaogamon!
MirageGaogamon:Sir Yes Sir!
Marcus:Huh?!
Now,you are entitled to your opinion, but, which sounds like a better anime? P.S Marcus & Thomas are friends, but I assure you, that's scene isn't a friendly battle.
Edit:I found the episode.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpTkPbQ5x74
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvaT2ni26Sg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysBqJY-sRYs&feature=related
Start on Part 2/3 6:27 til the end of the episode if you want to see the conversation I posted.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
No, what Seedot actually said was:

"Please follow me; my desperation levels are critical!!"
["Do you want me to follow you, Seedot?"]
"YES YES YES YES YES! Oh, and I want a brownie, too."

Snafu

Smash Cadet
Also, to Chief Mendez, I turned on the tv and it was pokemon. Some dialouge:

For all we know we know Seedot said....
Seedot:Who the hell are you?
Seedot:I'm not supposed to talk to strangers, or talk at all for that matter.

Conversation from Digimon
Marcus:Thomas..it's about time.Where were you?!
ShineGreymon:Good to see you again,MirageGaogamon.Let's take those Gizumon out together.
Thomas:Attack(ShineGreymon),MirageGaogamon!
MirageGaogamon:Sir Yes Sir!
Marcus:Huh?!
Now,you are entitled to your opinion, but, which sounds like a better anime? P.S Marcus & Thomas are friends, but I assure you, that's scene isn't a friendly battle.
Edit:I found the japanese episode with english subs.. If you want to see the conversation, skip to when it has 7:26 on the time left bar...Too bad it's not in english,cause the voice actors are good...yeah.http://animeseed.com/pop_eps.php?eps_id=1474&anime_id=185
Your point? SSB is for GAME characters. Digimon may have been a superior anime, you'll get no argument from me there, but Pokemon has had a much bigger impact on the GAMES industry. If the anime *****ing is kept up, we'll just end up with more "OMFG!!!!!!1!11! NaRut0 4 t3h 5SB4!1!!!11!!!!eleven!"

For a game based on anime characters, play the Jump! games. But keep that crap outta mah SSB.

And now for something completely different... a man with a tape recorder up his nose Should the Stage Builder return for SSB4? Why/why not? What changes should be made?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I was able to get the english episode. Look at my last post if you want to see it. And yes, I do hate Naruto. And yes, Stage builder should return. Also, Jump games are stupid IMO. Besides, I asked which anime is better. You're acting as if I asked who should be in SSB4.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
These are the characters i want and there movest

Nintendog(Nintendogs)
Standard:Bark
Side:Toy
Down:Dig
Up:Flip
Final smash:Dog Pound

Staryu(Pokemon)
Standard:Swift
Side:Bubble Beam
Up:Rapid Spin
Down:Hidden Power
Final smash:Surf or Flash Cannon

Metroid(Metroid)
Standard:Acid
Side:Energy sucker
Up:Float
Down:Metroid
Final smash:Super Metroid

Toad
Standard:Spores
Side:poison Mushroom
Up:Mushroom Bounce
Down:plant throw
Final smash:Starshroom

I will have more ideas later. :wolf: :014:

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Digging - Character would go under-ground on levels with enough space, but would have to come up after a set amount of time (used for approach?) Not sure who would have this.
Eh... I could see this SOMEHOW getting in... but like, not certain characters would be able to use it, you could simply dig on CERTAIN stages or something... like an ant farm, I don't know.

Dashing in the air - Sort of like the spacies side-b, but without the air-cripple. Fox, Falco, Wolf and Samus seem like characters that would have this, might be sort of over-powered as a recovery though.
This makes some sense to me, but it wouldn't be used by only certain characters, it would just be that certain characters are better at it? That's how I would find it useful.

Run on water - Luigi/Jesus exclusive ability.
That's quite epic.

Jumping techniques - Long Jump, Triple Jump maybe Backflip, this might be a little over-board, but the potential would be very fun and they already have the wall-jump.
This really wouldn't do much, would it? I mean, don't characters do backflips and such normally? Or are you talking about dodging and on the ground techniques?

Anyone like the ideas/have anymore?
Some were good, some were bad. At least you're thinking, right?

Nintendog(Nintendogs)
Alright... I'm not gonna explode or flame or anything but Nintendog is the worst idea for a SSB EVER.

EDIT: Seriously, do you want to watch Snake mercilessly pummel a puppy into oblivion?

Unfortunately, some of you are gonna say yes. :chuckle:

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Alright... I'm not gonna explode or flame or anything but Nintendog is the worst idea for a SSB EVER.

EDIT: Seriously, do you want to watch Snake mercilessly pummel a puppy into oblivion?

Unfortunately, some of you are gonna say yes. :chuckle:
ONLY if that puppy was Fox.

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
Buffs:Samus Link JigglyDuff Captain Falcon Ganondorf Peach Yoshi
Move Change:Ganon Luigi Toon Link MK
MK, Snake, DDD need to be nerfed, yes, but why Fox? Fox was nerfed already; no more shines (I guess for the most part until the neo-wave-dashing is discovered :() and his uair is nerfed *yes*.

Samus is weird in Brawl; too floaty, and weak.
Link is crap; what happened?
Jigglypuff; didn't think she could get any worse...(shouts) WRONG!!!
don't play falcon, wouldn't know (then again i don't play Jiggs, Link [for the most part], Ganon, Peach, or Yoshi)
All the rest need buffs, too. I gettin' tired of typin'.
Oh yeah, why is Peach's double jump only like a quarter of what it used to be?
I know its not a good idea, but that dosen't mean that he does not have a chance.
Yeah, you're right! Sonic got in, didn't he?

killori

Smash Cadet

Nintendog(Nintendogs)

Staryu(Pokemon)
Standard:Swift
Side:Bubble Beam
Up:Rapid Spin
Down:Hidden Power
Final smash:Surf or Flash Cannon

Metroid(Metroid)
Standard:Acid
Side:Energy sucker
Up:Float
Down:Metroid
Final smash:Super Metroid

Toad
Standard:Spores
Side:poison Mushroom
Up:Mushroom Bounce
Down:plant throw
Final smash:Starshroom

I will have more ideas later. :wolf: :014:
What would bark, toy, dig, flip, and dog pound do?

Give people freebies in tournaments.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
What would bark, toy, dig, flip, and dog pound do?

Give people freebies in tournaments.
Bark would stun a oppenent.
Toy could throw a toy such as a balloon that will pop at the oppoent
Flip will make him do a flip to help him recover.
Dig could let him dig a hole and someone will fall in and get stuck
Dog pound would be summoning a bunch of dogs to hurt foes

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
I really don't feel like participating in a debate about Nintendog's non-realistic SSB potential...

So... anyways... about those stage builders...

Do you guys think they're gonna keep this in? Well, probably, but what kind of new features would you expect?

And on the whole nerf thing, do you think Meta Knight will get any worse?

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I really don't feel like participating in a debate about Nintendog's non-realistic SSB potential...

So... anyways... about those stage builders...

Do you guys think they're gonna keep this in? Well, probably, but what kind of new features would you expect?

And on the whole nerf thing, do you think Meta Knight will get any worse?
:mad: Its just my opioion and if you don't want to talk about it then just don't.

Sheesh :ohwell::urg:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
:mad: Its just my opioion and if you don't want to talk about it then just don't.

Sheesh :ohwell::urg:
I think there was an interview somewhere about why Sakurai included the Nintendog as an Assist Trophy and why it was a non-violent one at that. So no, I don't think you'll ever get a Nintendog as a playable character.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ilex said:
I've played through Drill Dozer and I would love her as a character, but her game is relatively unknown and is outdated. I think she fits perfectly as an AT.
I'd be fine with that too if her AT didn't royally suck. Piplup does the same thing, but better.

darkserenade said:
Newsflash! Sparta remixes on youtube is the big thing now! Looks like you should learn your internets! (I'm glad nobody has argued I'm a Smash Child and he's a Smash Lord for my credibility.)
Okay, let's start with the basics here. The (slightly abridged) life-cycle of an Internet Meme:

1. A meme is born.
2. The meme becomes popular local to its origin.
3. Compounded overuse causes the meme to be burned into collective memory and distributed across the internet.
4. The meme reaches the bottom of the internet.
5. In some cases the meme has gone even lower and surfaced IRL.
6. Those that gave birth to the meme are filled with regret.
7. The meme lives on, spreading, and becoming moar and moar dumbed down for a mass audience, so that over time it bears little or no resemblance to the original.
8. The meme is put on Snorg Tees and Facebook bumper stickers.
9. The meme then must be tossed into the fires of Mount Doom by a rather unsuspecting hobbit for its evil to be banished.

Currently SPARTA is floating around the seventh step. Mentioning it at this time automatically makes you not a cool kid. :bee:

And...you don't know what it said? So...you're on the internet...but you can't read.

So all this time I've been talking to a monkey.

I really need to get out more.

darkserenade said:
And yes, I do hate Naruto. Also, Jump games are stupid IMO. Besides, I asked which anime is better. You're acting as if I asked who should be in SSB4.
I'm willing to bet a punch in the face that you've not even played the Jump! Stars games.

If Goku, Luffy, or Naruto had even a slight chance, I would support basically nobody else.
Except Tingle.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Just throwing this out there, swords don't cut in this game so Krystal wouldn't have a unique moveset at all. Her staff would be the same as a sword.

He's right man, Jump games are extremely overated. They aren't that similar to Smash and they're just not fun.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
Just throwing this out there, swords don't cut in this game so Krystal wouldn't have a unique moveset at all. Her staff would be the same as a sword.

He's right man, Jump games are extremely overated. They aren't that similar to Smash and they're just not fun.
Swords don't cut in Soul Caliber either...

MarthFanatique

Smash Journeyman
That's not true. A staff would still provide different uniqueness: you don't use a staff the same as a sword (with a staff you can beat someone over the head:p); a staff usually has elemental (possibly multiple i.e. fire, ice, and electric) attacks--swords don't main on an element(s) (except Roy and a few exceptions; not including Ike; one move don't cut it).

Ilex

Smash Ace
That's not true. A staff would still provide different uniqueness: you don't use a staff the same as a sword (with a staff you can beat someone over the head:p); a staff usually has elemental (possibly multiple i.e. fire, ice, and electric) attacks--swords don't main on an element(s) (except Roy and a few exceptions; not including Ike; one move don't cut it).
Her staff would still only be various swings and stabs; which is exactly what a sword does.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
All weapons are the same. :/

Link, Ike, Marth, Meta Knight, and Pit all attack the same way. Heck, let's throw in the Ice Climbers and King Dedede.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yes, in fact, Pikachu's head and Yoshi's arms are also exactly the same as swords. They don't cut.
This is a phenomenal discovery... Does that mean Lucario's Aura and Wario's... Um... Down B are also the same?

I may quit using Lucario... :dizzy:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
This is a phenomenal discovery... Does that mean Lucario's Aura and Wario's... Um... Down B are also the same?

I may quit using Lucario... :dizzy:
Don't worry about it; when you get down to the basics, nobody in Smash has a cutting attack, since all attacks do the same thing. So in essence, every character is the same. Lucario is the same as Wario is the same as Peach is the same as Fox is the same as R.O.B. Phenomenal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom