• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agi

Smash Lord
Yet Jigglypuff vs. Snake is totally fine?
Of course. She has special powers. All Baby mario can do is cry.
Getting into heated territory... never compare Jiggs to an infant.
Plus, Jiggs doesn't need help when defecating.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
All the Ice Climbers used to be able to do was jump. For that matter, all Mario used to be able to do was jump. He's Mario in his infant form. Therefore, he was special powers, just like Mario. He could definitely have a unique and awesome moveset, especially if paired with Baby Luigi.

Never compare Baby Mario to your standard, everyday infant. ;)

I bet she would if she was capable of defecating.

Agi

Smash Lord
All the Ice Climbers used to be able to do was jump. For that matter, all Mario used to be able to do was jump. He's Mario in his infant form. Therefore, he was special powers, just like Mario. He could definitely have a unique and awesome moveset, especially if paired with Baby Luigi.

Never compare Baby Mario to your standard, everyday infant. ;)
A tag team MIGHT work (emphasis on the might) but only because of Partners in Time. And besides.... think of the announcer. He already has a sarcastic tone saying "Luigi", think of "Baby Brothers". Come on.

EDIT: Plus, about mario only being able to jump... This was before Smash 64 was released, and even then he had two of his specs. Also, Olimar was bad enough... do we really need more of a height difference? Will they have to ride yoshis next? Then, what happens to the real yoshi?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
But, if you think about it, Snake seems to be able to defeat both, which is why Pichu won't be coming back.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
A tag team MIGHT work (emphasis on the might) but only because of Partners in Time. And besides.... think of the announcer. He already has a sarcastic tone saying "Luigi", think of "Baby Brothers". Come on.
I, for one, have no trouble hearing the announcer say "Baby Mario Brothers."

And since Mario and Luigi will never be combined as a character, the Baby Mario Bros. could draw their moveset from both M&L games.

Agi

Smash Lord
I, for one, have no trouble hearing the announcer say "Baby Mario Brothers."

And since Mario and Luigi will never be combined as a character, the Baby Mario Bros. could draw their moveset from both M&L games.
...so they get hammers and electric powers now? Are you saying the babies are better?

metaXzero

Smash Champion
The only reason I wouldn't want baby Mario Bros. is because I don't like anymore alternate versions of another character taking up slots (glares at Zamus and Toon Link).

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
The only reason I wouldn't want baby Mario Bros. is because I don't like anymore alternate versions of another character taking up slots (glares at Zamus and Toon Link).
i agree with that, i never liked dr. mario either the only reason i let toon/young link slide is because im such a huge zelda fan.

i could see the baby team working..maybe. but i dont know there are worse things that could happen.. cough:master chief:cough

SirKibble

Smash Champion
...so they get hammers and electric powers now? Are you saying the babies are better?
Hammers, probably not. But I see nothing wrong with a little Fire/Lightning Bros. from them. I'm not saying they're better. Personally, I like them better, but that's an opinion. If they were truly better characters, they'd each have seperate movesets. As it is, I think a team moveset would be very fitting.

Just noticed the edit from earlier:

agiduis said:
EDIT: Plus, about mario only being able to jump... This was before Smash 64 was released, and even then he had two of his specs. Also, Olimar was bad enough... do we really need more of a height difference? Will they have to ride yoshis next? Then, what happens to the real yoshi?
My point is, characters develop and can gain more abilities. And there are a lot of height differences in Smash. Everyone from Olimar to Bowser was resized. The Baby Mario Bros. wouldn't be nearly as much of a stretch as Olimar or Kirby. And who says they'd have to ride Yoshis? They're perfectly capable of existing without the presence of Yoshis.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
i agree with that, i never liked dr. mario either the only reason i let toon/young link slide is because im such a huge zelda fan.

i could see the baby team working..maybe. but i dont know there are worse things that could happen.. cough:master chief:cough
Dr. Mario was actually a very worthy addition to Melee, despite Sakurai having stupid reasoning to add him.

Dr. Mario is Nintendo's biggest puzzle series as of the present with the only one touching it being Puzzle League/Panel de Pon. Dr. Mario is more representative as being a part of his own series than a Mario character.

As for the Baby Bros., a moveset for them would be interesting if we are looking at M&L2. However, the Yoshi series is hardly in need of a second character especially since there are still characters from the main series (Bowser Jr.) and spinoff series (Paper Mario and Dr. Mario) that need to get in.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Having the Baby Bros. as a team might be interesting, but personally I'd prefer Paper Mario if we want another version of Mario playable. After all, he has his own (very popular) series.

I can't see both Paper Mario and the Baby Bros. being in, either. It seems to me that they'd both have movesets that would primarily use hammers, which is both of their primary offensive weapon. Having two versions of Mario that pull from the RPGs (albeit different ones) and use hammers seems redundant. :/

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
I just thought of something, does anyone think Motion Sensing should be used in Smash IV?

When I heard Brawl was on the Wii, I thought I would have to actually move to play... Which ended up being somewhat of a disappointment.

So... Motion Sensing, YES OR NO?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Having the Baby Bros. as a team might be interesting, but personally I'd prefer Paper Mario if we want another version of Mario playable. After all, he has his own (very popular) series.

I can't see both Paper Mario and the Baby Bros. being in, either. It seems to me that they'd both have movesets that would primarily use hammers, which is both of their primary offensive weapon. Having two versions of Mario that pull from the RPGs (albeit different ones) and use hammers seems redundant. :/
Paper Mario is a far more important priority than Baby Bros. There is really no comparison.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
mmmm i dunno about the motion sensor smash. I think it would mak eit to difficult to be precise with your character's movements and actions.

and as for the baby bros. i am all for that. I think they have a massive assortment of bro moves to take from the M&L games. plus i think they have made a big enough impact on the marioverse and nintendo to be important enough to be in smash 4.

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
Paper Mario is a far more important priority than Baby Bros. There is really no comparison.
If we're going to go back to Double Characters (Toon Link/Link/Young Link/Dr. Mario/Mario/Ice Climbers) then I think they may as well invent an NES-styled character. Something Like, TEAM NES.

It would feature the most popular NES Characters. and we could shift just like Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer.

It would feature
SMB1 Mario
SMB2 Luigi
SMB1 Bowser
SMB2 Toad
SMB1 Donkey Kong
and something useless... like a Pong Square.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
I just thought of something, does anyone think Motion Sensing should be used in Smash IV?

When I heard Brawl was on the Wii, I thought I would have to actually move to play... Which ended up being somewhat of a disappointment.

I really hope that if motion sensing does make it into Smash4 that its entirely optional. For the longest time I was dreading having Brawl rely solely on gimmicky waving of the Wiimote to move and stuff. I s'ppose that if they could pull it off well it could be cool, but it should definitely stay optional for those of us that like our Gamecube controllers.

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
i Really Hope That If Motion Sensing Does Make It Into Smash4 That Its Entirely Optional. For The Longest Time I Was Dreading Having Brawl Rely Solely On Gimmicky Waving Of The Wiimote To Move And Stuff. I S'ppose That If They Could Pull It Off Well It Could Be Cool, But It Should Definitely Stay Optional For Those Of Us That Like Our Gamecube Controllers.
Yesh! No Failyerzz 4 You!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
mmmm i dunno about the motion sensor smash. I think it would mak eit to difficult to be precise with your character's movements and actions.

and as for the baby bros. i am all for that. I think they have a massive assortment of bro moves to take from the M&L games. plus i think they have made a big enough impact on the marioverse and nintendo to be important enough to be in smash 4.
Please tell me why you think Baby Bros. would be a better newcomer than Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. Also, moveset potential is a weak argument.

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman

I would rather just use a gamecube controller.

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
I would rather just use a gamecube controller.
FAILYERZZ.

Nah, I'm just kidding. I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Unless it's ridiculous to the point of suicide. Anyway, I personally am used to the button mashing, but the point of Wii was to have motion-sensing. So I expected Brawl to at least have that. But I agree with the other poster, C. Olimar. Optional all the way.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, there is the Shake Smash. About the dumbest thing ever, if you ask me, but it's motion-sensor.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Please tell me why you think Baby Bros. would be a better newcomer than Bowser Jr. and Paper Mario. Also, moveset potential is a weak argument.
I didn;t say they would be bette then bj and pm, in fact my order for mario characters is:
1. bowser Jr.
2.Paper Mario
3.Waluigi
4.Baby Bros.

And movesets aside they have had an impact of the marioverse you cant deny that.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I should probably add that while I support the Baby Mario Bros. 100%, my first vote for a new Mario character would go to Bowser Jr., then the Baby Bros., then Paper Mario. Honestly, I'd like them all, but that won't happen.

What is Shake Smash?
If you shake the Wiimote in a direction, your character will do the corresponding Smash Attack. You turn it ON and OFF the same place as the Tap Jump, when you customize your controls.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I want Capcom to make Smash Bros. 4.
With that, it'll have to be a good game.

Kcrazy

Smash Rookie
not sure if its been mentioned yet, but how about getting rid of the link clones by making wolf link (with midna of course)

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I just read back a couple of pages, wow there's way too much Fire Emblem hate.
Seriously. Why do they care so much about fangirl yaoi? Its there business...

not sure if its been mentioned yet, but how about getting rid of the link clones by making wolf link (with midna of course)
Discussed not long ago. By the time of SSB4 though, there will be a newer Link form...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MarthFanatique said:
Krystal, Lip for the win (agreeing twice). However, u stated how u don't like Rare-made Kongs (as in Dixie, Kiddy, the others in 64) and u stated even Diddy. Now, what about Donkey Kong, isn't he Rare-made, too?
Uh, no? Are you actually like...serious about that?

...I mean come on.

And yes! Amaterasu for the win!!!!! However, wouldn't she be a 3rd party? And isn't that 3rd party company Capcom? Yeah, as much as I want Amaterasu for Mayhem, Megaman is gunna take the Capcom spot before she does (which is bitter-sweet). And by the time the next smash game comes out, won't the Okami series become old kinda like Wolf Link (not saying Okami isn't innovative, or an awesome mechanical part of the game, etc. only basing it on time)?
The fact that Okami has only one game is why Ammy wouldn't get "outdated" like Wolf Link, as there will be more Zelda games starring new Links with new abilities.

Yeah, Megaman's more likely, but if Capcom gets two...well, if they get two, I'd more like to see Viewtiful Joe...but after HIM...it's Amaterasu or bust, baby.

SirKibble said:
Out of curiosity, why does absolutely everyone pick X? I realize a lot of people don't like .EXE and the Battle Network games, but classic Mega is the freaking bomb!! And am I the only one who finds the X series a little distant from the other ones? Bass and Proto are in the original series, as well as Battle Network, but as far as I know, neither appears in X, but we get this random, albeit awesome, new guy named Zero. Weirdness.
Megaman .EXE is a shame to the series, and X isn't much better. By the time he came around, Capcom was just copy and pasting the same game into a new coat of paint.

I haven't played a Megaman game since Megaman 5...well, I played (and enjoyed) ZX Advent, but that wasn't really a Megaman game anyway. Point is--old school Mega for the win.

darkserenade said:
Hold it!... You forget a period after :lick:.I win!
Oh yeah? :lick:.

Who's next, Darth Vader?!

I was definitely close.... But in all seriousness, no.

o_0
Well, I think someone from EBA should be in, and I really just said the Divas since they fit the criteria (that being: they're girls). In all seriousness, it'd obviously be Kahn and the 2 backup Divas.

KOS-MOS isn't very likely, I'll admit, especially since Ninty isn't localizing Xenosaga DS, and Namco is probably sick of the property by now...but a guy can dream, right?

Bubbles for SSB4. Search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Ilex

Smash Ace
Chief Mendez said:
Jill (Drill Dozer)
Female PT (with a different set of Pokemon, like the 5th gen starters)
Elite Beat Divas (EBA)
KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
Bubbles (Clu Clu Land)
Sami (Advance Wars)
Amaterasu (Okami)
I've played through Drill Dozer and I would love her as a character, but her game is relatively unknown and is outdated. I think she fits perfectly as an AT. Bubbles could make it as the next retro character, so I guess I agree.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here and assume there's going to be new techniques in the next game. So far we have teching, wall-jumping, foot-stooling, crawling, swimming, gliding and wall clings. Peach floats too. Maybe I missed something.

I'm thinking...

Digging - Character would go under-ground on levels with enough space, but would have to come up after a set amount of time (used for approach?) Not sure who would have this.

Dashing in the air - Sort of like the spacies side-b, but without the air-cripple. Fox, Falco, Wolf and Samus seem like characters that would have this, might be sort of over-powered as a recovery though.

Air Hover - Ability Exlusive to Luigi, it would be like Peach, where he could gain some extra vertical distance by holding the jump button during the extent of a jump, holding during fall would gain horizontal distance.

Run on water - Luigi/Jesus exclusive ability.

Instant Ledge Recover- As soon as the edge is touched the character grabs the edge and instantly springs over it without any time spent hanging on. (Mario/Luigi.)

Jumping techniques - Long Jump, Triple Jump maybe Backflip, this might be a little over-board, but the potential would be very fun and they already have the wall-jump.

Counter-teching - After teching, you could press A to spring off the wall into an attack, wrestler-style. Not sure who would have this. Maybe everyone?

Maybe one of these could get in?

Anyone like the ideas/have anymore?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Megaman .EXE is a shame to the series, and X isn't much better. By the time he came around, Capcom was just copy and pasting the same game into a new coat of paint.

I haven't played a Megaman game since Megaman 5...well, I played (and enjoyed) ZX Advent, but that wasn't really a Megaman game anyway. Point is--old school Mega for the win.
I'm not so sure about the whole copy-and-paste thing. I don't know... I'm a fan of all three of those Megaman series, personally, but at least we do agree on one thing:

Classic/old-school Megaman FTW! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom