• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That's like saying if Brawl had a cartoon series about oatmeal, you would watch it.
F*ck yeah I would. :bee:

Are you saying you wouldn't?
Traitor.

Have you never seen Gir from Invader Zim? Also, the song lyric aren't very amazing IMO...
1. Invader Zim isn't from Japan, so it's not what you'd call "anime".

2. You can thank me after you've recovered from losing your vision temporarily due to pure, unbridled win.

ANYWAY

Wow, this is quite off-topic. So uh...
SMOSH
for SSB4! Yeah. :lick:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
What should the max reps. be for a series? As in how many can one series have? Not necessarily what they have to have, but what is the max amount of characters from each series do you all think should be allowed? I thin we need to up it from 4...

darkserenade

Smash Ace
F*ck yeah I would. :bee:

Are you saying you wouldn't?
Traitor.
I would only watch it if it had third-parties like chicken and rice.:bee:
1. Invader Zim isn't from Japan, so it's not what you'd call "anime".
I didn't know that.
:ohwell:Not sure if I should respond with an lol or a what the crud.
ANYWAY

Wow, this is quite off-topic. So uh...
SMOSH
for SSB4! Yeah. :lick:
If Smosh is in SSB4, I better see Ronald McDonald or I'll be mad.
P.S we're now debating about chocolate pudding and what it has contributed to the world. Chocolate pudding is awesome.Rebuttal? Also, it's fun to debate with you=).

oceanic--ice

Smash Apprentice
Yoshi should be in Mario Bros. series....he appeared in more mario games that he did on his own and even in those there were still aspecrs of mario bros....this might happen to Wario as well but since the last few years he started getting a lot of games its not that neccesary...the problem is that with all those different and pointless series there are not enough rep. and also they act like an illusion to provide more characters in other series...for example adding Wario and Yoshi makes Mario series 6 reps.... but if those two dont count there are actually 4 so since zelda has 4 characters too one more cant be added because mario is nintendo's mascot therefore his series cant be surpassed...also this causes some confusions....lets say that in the next release they decide to throw waluigi....they are gonna put him in mario series as he has never been seen in wario's although he is closer (propably a brother) to wario than to mario...

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
^Just like I said, giving more reps. than Mario is like a sin to Nintendo!
I'm surprised Sakurai didn't get fired for showing Petty blast him in the subspace :/...
And guaranteed every race in Sonic & MArio @ Olympic games is rigged so Mario wins... :/P

Haha, but seriously, I think Yoshi is deserving of his/her own 'symbol'. (his egg, mario's mushroom, etc.) I say this because in some of the Yoshi's Island games, Mario is actually a guest star/ NOT the main character. If Mario plays second fiddle, whoever he is playing to deserves their own game. Its practically law. Not really but still...
And you've got a point about Waluigi... And you mean he doesn't appear in any WarioWare games/?

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
Mewtwo needs to return, but he needs to be phenominally poweful and have better Smash B and Down B attacks. I mean, Confusion? That did nothing!

I'd like to see Midna & Wolf Link as a character, but I don't want Link morphing in the middle of a match like Samus unless Wolf Link is really good.

I guess having Tails in would be a good addition, but others like Knuckles and Shadow are just gonna end up like Sonic clones.

On to stages; SSB4 really needs to bring back Saffron City in some way are another. That was the best stage in the original in my opinion. A custom stage just doesn't cut the cheese the way the original did.

And whatever they do, they MUST NOT bring in Dixie Kong. I refuse to battle her Brawl counterpart out of pure dislike, but with TWO going round...

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
The only characters that should be nerfed should be snake and meta knight, and DDDs down throw should be replaced with a genuinely good throw rather than a stupid chain grab. Every SSB4 character should be able to own a brawl character. However, this should not be due to a few extremely good moves, but due to a great overall moveset where every move has a use at the highest level (I don't think there are many characters like that).

If you want certain character to be top tier: wouldn't you rather a game designed to be balanced?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
The only characters that should be nerfed should be snake and meta knight, and DDDs down throw should be replaced with a genuinely good throw rather than a stupid chain grab. Every SSB4 character should be able to own a brawl character. However, this should not be due to a few extremely good moves, but due to a great overall moveset where every move has a use at the highest level (I don't think there are many characters like that).

If you want certain character to be top tier: wouldn't you rather a game designed to be balanced?
But where's the fun in finding counter-picks?

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
yoshi needs a major lift,iu dont mean strength i mean start with no moves and spend a year building him up to be competative for tourneys.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
yoshi needs a major lift,iu dont mean strength i mean start with no moves and spend a year building him up to be competative for tourneys.
They buffed him in Brawl, so they might buff him again. His buff in brawl was actually quite large, though.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
There is my list of characters. Some of them are based on Importance and Popularity, while some are based on my own wish like Ridley. Note that some characters will most likely be clones/semi-clones.

NOTE: The * means unlockable.

__Mario__

Mario
Luigi*
Peach
Bowser
Paper Mario (Somehow... Somehow I can see someone like Sakurai pull this off)
Doctor Mario*
Mr L* (Not in paper form!)

__Donkey Kong__

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong*
K. Roll.

__Yoshi__

Yoshi
...I am actually kind of stuck on this one... Baby Bros or Kamek.*

__Wario__

Wario
I think Mona... I am sure somebody could make her work out somehow.*

__Legend of Zelda__

Link... But his Down-B (Sorry for all of you whom uses his bomb alot with Link) will be a transformation into Wolf Link, with Midna on his back. He won't have this transformation if it's a different Link.... But then again, we didn't see the Zelda in twilight princess transform into Sheik, unless it was off-screen, which I doubt.
Zelda/Sheik.
Ganondorf*
Toon Link, he will still have the bomb*
I am not sure with this one... I think the Cel-shaded games will have a little more representation, so I think it's either Vaati, or Toon Zelda (With, or without her own alter ego) Oh, I hasn't played the Cel-shaded games, so I am not sure who of them deserves it more. Unlockable

__Metroid__

Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Ridley* (Sorry Ridley fans, but he just seems like he would be unlockable)
Rundas
Any of the hunters whom gets a big role in a future Metroid game*

__Kirby__

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

__Star Fox__

Fox
Falco*
Wolf*

__Pokemon__

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer (This time renamed Red, and with a alternate costume where he becomes his female counterpart, named Leaf)
Jigglypuff*
The final two will be unlockable. Unless a popular future gen pokemon appears, both of them will be Lucario and Mewtwo. Otherwise, one of them will be replaced with that future gen pokemon.

__F-Zero__

Captain Falcon*
Samurai Goroh*

__Mother__

Lucas
Ness*

__Ice Climbers__

Ice Climbers

__Fire Emblem__

Ike
Marth*
Roy* or a future Fire Emblem lord.

__Kid Icarus__

Pit

__Pikmin__

Pikmin & Olimar

__Game & Watch__

Mr. Game & Watch*

__Hero of Nintendo! Sorry, had to say it__

R.O.B.*

__Any other characters whom I am too lazy to put in their own categories__

Balloon Fighter*
Mach Rider*
Isaac
Saki Amamiya
Little Mac

__Surprise characters__

Elite Beat Agents/Ouendan. These will make for awesome "Making your jaw dropping" announcements just like Olimar. Ouendan will appear on the Japanese version while Elite Beat Agents will appear on all the other versions, but you can still choose the other character just like a alternate costume. The thing that will change is the voice sets, and the name.

WTF Character goes to...

Shigeru Miyamoto!* Sure, he didn't originate in a game, but R.O.B. didn't either. The reason R.O.B. got in is due to his importance to the story of Nintendo. Shigeru is incredibly important so... Why not ask him if he'd like to be playable? I am sure they could do alot with his moveset...

Sorry guys, but I had to think of a good WTF character.

__Third parties__

Solid Snake*
Sonic the Hedgehog*
Megaman*
Bomberman*
Black Mage*

_Characters I'd LOVE to see playable, but admits they probably won't_

Trace - Laugh at me, but I made up some B moves for him, all that remains is his other moves... The only way I can see him playable is if he gets the important role in the future fgame.
Waluigi - I admits to be a Waluigi fan, yet was happy to see Waluigi in brawl as a Assist Trophy anyway. His lack of popularity and roles in mainstream games makes him a bad choice to be playable.
Blue - I suppose he would have a team of Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, and Blastoise. Can you tell why? Anyway, as great he would be, I am afraid to say that we don't need any other pokemon trainer movesets.
Rayman - I love his platform and Rabbid games. I loved swinging punches with him, and he pretty much introduced me into the platforming world. If he was playable, I'd main him in a heartbeat, and try to become a killer with Rayman. Too bad he isn't as popular as Megaman or Bomberman... But he would be awesome.

Any questions?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I guess having Tails in would be a good addition, but others like Knuckles and Shadow are just gonna end up like Sonic clones.
Knuckles focuses on raw power over speed. Plus, he can do things that even Sonic can't do (such as gliding and clinging to walls). I highly doubt that he'd be a pure Sonic clone.

mantlecore77

Smash Journeyman
Knuckles focuses on raw power over speed. Plus, he can do things that even Sonic can't do (such as gliding and clinging to walls). I highly doubt that he'd be a pure Sonic clone.
This is completely true. Knuckles would NOT be a clone, but I'm not so sure about Shadow... of course, it's not up to us to say how Nintendo would make a character.. though we can predict pretty well.

Mewtwo needs to return, but he needs to be phenominally poweful and have better Smash B and Down B attacks. I mean, Confusion? That did nothing!

I'd like to see Midna & Wolf Link as a character, but I don't want Link morphing in the middle of a match like Samus unless Wolf Link is really good.

On to stages; SSB4 really needs to bring back Saffron City in some way are another. That was the best stage in the original in my opinion. A custom stage just doesn't cut the cheese the way the original did.

And whatever they do, they MUST NOT bring in Dixie Kong. I refuse to battle her Brawl counterpart out of pure dislike, but with TWO going round...
Mewtwo needs to come back, I like that.

Saffron City should, too. Hell, half of the original ones do.

Midna & Wolf Link... I've seen this too many times to ignore it. Sure it probably wouldn't be a horrible character and people would like it, probably, but there's just not ENOUGH of this character to make it a brawler... I'm not getting you or anyone else down, I'm just stating this, my opinion: Wolf Link would be an extremely boring brawler.

Tails would be good, but for some reason I can't see him beating the crap out of Snake. Just a hunch that he wouldn't be a well-liked character.

Dixie Kong FTW, dude. I'm not gonna argue you but that's just my opinion. :lick:

I say super bars, no Smash balls.
Do you mean like, an Overdrive Gauge from FFX, where people gain "energy" by doing certain things during the match then being able to execute their final smash when the bar is filled?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Dude...did you play FE? It has all that stuff unless you meant that you can build bases.
you didn't quote my whole thing. FE doesn't have naval, air, and ground units, you can't capture bases to make units, build tempory airports and ports, capture cities to get money, and have three different ways to win the battle at once (capture their home base, destroy all their units, or capture a certain amount of cities).

Anyways... how would an Advance Wars rep. would fight like? I mean, the COs are just tactitians, just normal people (in-fight by themselves)... Neh... I don't know how their CO powers would work in Smash...

EDIT: In Advance Wars, you don't build bases, you train/build the units.
True, they really aren't fighters, but then again, neither is C. Falcon or ROB, but they're in. I'm thinking they can have machine guns like the infantry, bazookas like the mechs, and some people like Sammy and almost all the bad guys carry around personal guns in their portraits (heck, Sammy's is like a machine gun). this is assuming Nintendo doesn't give a crap about it being rated T, but I think they're either going to take away anything bad, or go with the T rating.and their CO powers? do you not see it? FINAL SMASHES!

@the edit: well, you can build temporary bases, and you can capture bases, cities, airports, and ports. but yah, you're right.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
you didn't quote my whole thing. FE doesn't have naval, air, and ground units, you can't capture bases to make units, build tempory airports and ports, capture cities to get money, and have three different ways to win the battle at once (capture their home base, destroy all their units, or capture a certain amount of cities.

There are aerial and ground units, just no naval. Regardless, I like FE better.There are different ways to win in FE, too.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
There are aerial and ground units, just no naval. Regardless, I like FE better.There are different ways to win in FE, too.
there are naval! B ships, subs, carriers, Cruisers, and more. in FE, there are different ways to win (destroy all units, seize the gate, talk to the leader, kill the leader), but only one is available at once. you're entitled to your own opinion, though I personally think AW requires more thinking and brainpower since it has more options. I also hate how if one person dies in FE, then they're dead forever, and you pretty much have to start over.

Nayib_x3

Smash Cadet
It's funny... I never even heard of Fire Emblem before Melee. Hmm... Not that it's bad or anything, it's just kind of funny to me.

Agi

Smash Lord
there are naval! B ships, subs, carriers, Cruisers, and more. in FE, there are different ways to win (destroy all units, seize the gate, talk to the leader, kill the leader), but only one is available at once. you're entitled to your own opinion, though I personally think AW requires more thinking and brainpower since it has more options. I also hate how if one person dies in FE, then they're dead forever, and you pretty much have to start over.
Um... he was saying there are airial and ground in fire emblem (Pegasus, dragon riders, Bird laguz) in fire emblem, but no naval...

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
Who I want to see in SSBIV:

Mewtwo needs to replace Lucario. Mewtwo ROCKS. I'd like to see some integration of Lucario's moveset into his, especially that fantastic Dair, but that's pennies compared to getting mewtwo.

Young Link: He should replace Toon Link. But not with the "Bomb Arrow Boomerang" special set. I'm tired of that. I'd like to see a set more like "Deku Nut, Slingshot, Boomerang". Because the slingshot was awesome.

Pico: The nasty green turtle alien from the F-Zero series. I've been itching for another F-Zero char, and it'd have to be one from the original 4. Dr. Stewart just wouldn't fit, with his whole "not really agressive" thing, and Goroh... Honestly, goroh is boring to me. Pico is cool because he's just a bad-***. He's not evil, just incredibly reckless and aggressive. He'll kick your *** for no reason. Goroh kicks your *** because of an inferority complex to Falcon, which is lame.

Yoshimitsu: Represent some Namco. Yoshimitsu would be awesome. He's got a wonky moveset in his own games, with things that could easily be translated into smash. (Up-B= deathcopter, dair=sword pogo, etc.)

Ridley?: I dunno if this would be a good idea. Putting it anyway.

Advance Wars Generals: Be like Pokemon Trainer, but you'd switch between Andy, Max and Sami. I haven't developed this idea at all, but I think it could be cool. (I figure that they'd have the same set of specials but with minor variation, like the spacies.)

Little Mac: From PUNCH OUT!!! So what if all he can do is punch. Marth isn't excatly a rennaisance man either. Plus, there are a whole lot of ways to punch people.

This isn't exclusive, so if I left out your favorite, chill. (unless your favorites are lucario and toon link, in which case, flip out).

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's funny... I never even heard of Fire Emblem before Melee. Hmm... Not that it's bad or anything, it's just kind of funny to me.
Maybe it's because Fire Emblem games weren't released outside of Japan before Melee. You would find it funny, but because so many american yaoi fangirls liked Marth and Roy without even knowing they weren't from the same game or timeline, Nintendo published Fire Emblem : Rekka no Ken here simply as Fire Emblem with 10 more starting chapters who act as a tutorial for American players who never played the game before. It also serves as a prequel to Roy's Fire Emblem game, Fuin no Tsurugi(Which sucked(And Roy sucked in it)).

Spire

III
BRoomer
Let's burn all of the yaoi fangirls for influencing the porting of Fire Emblem to America. Yes, I strongly digress Fire Emblem.

kr3wman

Smash Master
All the yaoi fangirls should and are gonna burn in hell. Mark my words, I will be laughing at them from heaven.

Spire

III
BRoomer
All the yaoi fangirls should and are gonna burn in hell. Mark my words, I will be laughing at them from heaven.
So in order for them to die, you too have to die? Hmm...

How about a Mrs. Game & Watch for SSB4?

Gygados

Smash Apprentice
Don't turn around, 'cos then I'll be behind you.
I highly doubt that he'd (Knuckes) be a pure Sonic clone.
True, but still...

I think that next time Sonic should actually change colour for his alt. costumes. That would be... slightly cooler.

This Plusle and Minun team character that was supposedly going to be in Brawl but was taken out would be really cool!

I think that having Dr Mario as an alt. costume of Mario (with the same attackes and stuff, but with slightly different designs) like Wario would work. Same with Paper Mario, I've heard people talking about.

Same thing with the Pokémon Trainer, but he could have different Pokémon. I think he could have Treeco, Marshtomp and Blaziken would work, but if they incorporate too many Pokémon Trainers, it would take up too much space. Of course, the alt. costume PT's Pokémon would have different attacks. I just thought having Baziken would be cool; he'd work well in Brawl. However, if they do make another PT (keeping in the Kanto one), it would only seem to work well with the Hoenn ones. Johto wouldn't work well, and the Sinnoh starters, frankly, were terrible.

BRING BACK SAFRON CITY
AND PS1, BUT WITH THE OLD WINDMILL!!!

Also, Vaati as a charcter seems to be mentioned a lot, but I just can't imagine him in it...

Agi

Smash Lord
How about Dixie Kong, Krystal, & Birdo (if you consider it a girl)?
Wikipedia said:
Birdo, known in Japan as Catherine, is an enemy to Mario and playable character in various games. Birdo first appeared in the Japanese game Yume Kōjō: Doki Doki Panic and the remade Super Mario Bros. 2 as a recurring boss. Birdo later appeared in Wario's Woods as an ally of Toad, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars as a boss character, and in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, as a boss paired with the thief Popple. Birdo made its first playable appearance in the Nintendo 64 installment of Mario Tennis, as Yoshi's partner. Since then, Birdo appears as a playable character in several Mario sports titles and in the Mario Party and Mario Kart series.

Birdo's gender has changed throughout various American game versions, but has always been male in Japan. In the original manual for Super Mario Bros. 2, Birdo is referred to as male that believes he is female, and would liked to be called Birdetta. Most later American-localized games, such as the Mario sports titles, which have featured Birdo with a diamond ring, have usually listed Birdo as a female.[citation needed] Recent localizations have avoided the use of any gender pronouns when describing Birdo. In Super Smash Bros. Brawl, it is said that Birdo is of "indeterminate gender" in its trophy.

In addition, the trailer for the Wii game Captain Rainbow is narrated by Birdo using a distinctly male voice.
Edumacation.

killori

Smash Cadet
I have been thinking about this for a while now. The first thing to do is get Sakurai off of the Smash Bros projects. You need to get someone in who can think of the competitive scene and the casual scene. Someone who is creative and will make an epic game. Someone who will keep to their word.

The most obvious fixes are no more clones. That means a lot of work is going to be needed for Fox, Falco, and Wolf. I don't even know why Gannon is a clone. I am not sure how to fix the space animals but I have some ideas for Gannondorf.

Usmash - Captain Falcons Usmash but more powerful like it was in melee.
Dair - The stomp should stay with Gannon

b- His dark energy orbs from Ocarania of Time. The more you charge it the more that shoot out.
down b - Silver spears fall from above Gannon and land next to him on either side. Somewhat like DK's down B.
side b- He thrust across the stage with his sword out. Like Ike's except, he doesn't have to charge it and he doesn't swing the sword he just runs into his foe.

Uair - He thrust his sword into the air
fair - He swings his sword in front of him. The middle spikes
bair - Like Captain Falcon's bair except add a sword to it.

Dsmash - Gannon slams his sword into the ground causing a small shockwave on both sides of him. Like Charizards D-smash
Fsmash - Could be another sword smash or just a really strong punch

So that is one Clone out of the way.

Story mode: One of the main issues with Story mode was that it was pretty repetitive. You have a wide list of game characters many of which came from side scrollers. Utilize their different level style then just walk around fight enemies reach the end. Through in some jumping, platforming, puzzles, speed runs. I bet you could even get away with some Strategy Role playing levels.

I came up with an idea for a story. It starts out with your villains getting trounced by their respective arch rival and turned into a trophy. Eggman and Master hand round up the villains and create a little alliance between them all. Eggman has hatched a plan that require collecting energy sources in order to power his new secret weapon that will allow the villains to rule their respective worlds. The robot also has the ability to utilize moves from other fighters. So as a side mission the villains are to collect the DNA of all the heroes. In the end the crystal shards, chaos emeralds, powerstars, and triforce of power are rounded up. The robot, I figure would look something like Emerl but maybe a bit more generic, thus gains this immense power and the ability to fight like anyone of the playable characters. Gannondorf and Bowser transfrom into Gannon and Giga bowser. The heroes defeat them. Followed by a fight with Master hand who has used the energy source to summon crazy hand to help him. The robot eventually goes crazy during eggman's repairs after its initial defeat. Everyone has to team up to stop it. The final bout would pay some fan servie to the Mario and Sonic fans as the two would have to team up and go into supercharged forms to fight the robot.

Basically the story mode whould be more varied and have more boss fights.

Classic mode, touch the platfrom and race to the finish would return. All star would once again end with fighting forty Mr. Game and Watch. You would fight the fighting team before facing off with Masterhand again. Score will once again be brought back.

Training mode will now give you more options. You can set the computer to do specific action such as specific attacks. This way you can test thoroughly individual moves and tactics.

I was thinking that Smash balls would be turned into specials. You would build up your special meter based on rewards for certain actions. Teching the ground, wall teching, meteor cancelling, power sheilding, spot dodging an attack. Maybe makes this feature able to be turned off. I think it would add a different dimension to the game. You could no longer spam because your opponent could build up their special. You would have to play a more cautious and less noobish game.

As far as the physics go, I would like to have the game in between Melee and Brawl. Faster than brawl but not as fast as Melee. Not as floaty as brawl either.

Random tripping would be taken out but forcing your opponent to trip by using something like your down tilts will stay in and so will footstool jumps.

I figure the game will be called Super Smash brothers Royale.
It's all good except make ganondorf beast ganon and super sonic wolf link. Who is super mario?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom