• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
That was a total fake thing. The guys twitter isnt even from nintendo. Hes just a guy who wanted to stir the ssb pot.
you know what is awesome? EGM had a hoax of Sheng Long (the assumed master of ryu and ken) playable in Street Fighter by doing a near super hard thing and now we have Gouken (the master of ryu and ken), a hoax of Sonic being playable in melee by doing a near super hard thing, and now we have him playable in brawl.

my point being that scuttlebutt, no matter how obscure affects people's thoughts in the future, (i am a man of the future, the present hardly means anything to me, which is why i only post in this thread... more or less) thus DiLuigi's shenanigans greatly affect the inclusion of Megaman, Geno, and Little Mac. (don't get all antzy in the pantzy as soon as you had read the words "Geno" coming out of my post; c'mon, grow up... by the way, i have no affiliation towards the inclusion of geno)

Actually, Inafune said he'd like him in. He just expect to be approached, not the other way around.

Street Fighter X Tekken looks like it could be fun. Speaking of which, how's your Juri holding up?
i apologize, i already knew that piece. the _point_ of <the segment of words> that you read that made you say that was because sakurai had stated that he has not been approached by any other companies for the inclusion of their characters, even though they all wanted them in. (well, not all of them)

Juri is getting better, by watching youtube videos of her motions, i can implement them in gameplay at about 75% capacity with a 25% margin of error. shame i can only practice once a week. Torzelan - SSFIV Juri's Theme cover still awesome!

It's not that different compared to first-party stuff. More leniency with more room for new characters, but overall it's the same.
i... Knew it!!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
the shen long and sonic hoaxes were FAR more well known. Seriously, the twitter post doesnt compare.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Then you'd have to assume they picked a song because of its name rather than because it's a good song.

And that's tied with thinking they added or excluded characters to make the character selection screen look nice for the title of Dumbest Theory in Town.

yes we live in a town

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Then you'd have to assume they picked a song because of its name rather than because it's a good song.

And that's tied with thinking they added or excluded characters to make the character selection screen look nice for the title of Dumbest Theory in Town.

yes we live in a town
THANK YOU! Can't believe people actually believed that theory.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
THANK YOU! Can't believe people actually believed that theory.
Im sure most everyones theories are incorrect. A while back i took a mathmatical approach to it, and i came up with the prediction for the next roster size. All we ever do is over analyze and think that their is some form of pattern other than Sakurai deciding the right amount of characters based on own opinion, nintendos opinion, staff opinion, game console, and hopefully fan opinion.

mrkioking

Smash Rookie
Shadow
Mewtwo
Krystal
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Roy 'Take Out Ike'
New Pokemon Trainer 'larvitar, Grovle, And '
Dr.Mario Alternate Suit For Mario
Bowser Jr.
Predator
Mega Man
Birdo
Pikachu B-Down Turn Into Pichu
Lairon

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
People here are misrepresenting my views, but I will let them have their fun.

As to Roy's Hope, Sakurai is a well-known troll and loves screwing with people's heads.

Sakurai: *laughs*

I think most of the people here speculating on characters are wasting their time. I know I am holding off on making serious character predictions until next year at the earliest. Sakurai won't begin work on Smash 4 until he is finished with Kid Icarus Uprising, so he might begin work on Smash 4 in 2011 at the earliest.

I expect a trailer for Smash 4 in either 2012 or 2013. Since unveils usually show off 4-5 newcomers, I am curious as to who the premier characters will be. I have my own theories on that, but I will only disclose them when I feel we are nearing a possible unveil.

I actually have dedicated pages upon pages of Smash 4 character speculation that is simply sitting in some documents on my computer. The character speculation was made back in mid 2008 so its probably outdated for multiple characters.

I take Smash Bros. roster speculation extremely seriously, and I have been doing speculation even prior to Melee's release. Heck, Brawl's roster was posted in my character speculation topic about a month before the game was even released (it was primarily pieced together by me after connecting various rumors together). I was initially very anxious to speculate on Smash 4's roster after the release of Smash 4, however, I realized that the environment can change quite a bit from 2008 to whenever Sakurai decides to begin development.

In 2009 and 2010, I did not say much in terms of character speculation, only offering my two cents whenever a new Nintendo game is announced or released. I check on this thread from time to time as well.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Shadow
Mewtwo
Krystal
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Roy 'Take Out Ike'
Bowser Jr.
Predator
Mega Man
Birdo
Lairon
Welcome to the forum buddy, now. Imma go over this list and show you a few rules and commonly shared views around here!

Mewtwo- Agreed

Krystal- Agreed

Crash Bandicoot- Never had a Nintendo console game i do believe. That gives him already no chance to be in smash.

Spyro- Had a Gamcube game, but not only is it soo obscure, its just that Spyro isnt associated with nintendo... like at all. He too has no chance in smash

Roy- Some people agree with you, and its definitely a justifiable thought, but taking out Ike seems a weird way of going about getting Roy in. Sakurai loves his characters and doesnt like taking them out. Plus, Ike is most likely here to stay. heck, every brawl character minus lucario is probably a shoe in!

New Pt- Understandable, however, most likely the trainer would have three forms of the starters, and we would hope it would be a 2nd, or 3rd gen trainer, prefferably a rival, or female counterpart.

Dr. Mario alt costume- Agreed

Bowser Jr.- Agreed, most only see him and toad as a likely new mario character.

Predator- Is kinda M rated, unlike SSB, plus their is a rule, stated by Sakuria himself. That only video game characters can be in smash.

Megaman- Agreed, most see him as the most likely third party. Course no one really knows.

Birdo- Unlikely, not only will she/he probably not get in, but most people arent fans of her/him here :p However I am a supporter of GLBT and GLAAD! Where him/her would fit in :p

Pikachu b down thing- I assume youre talking about some sort of alt clone character right? well thats definitely a good idea in my book!

Lairon- Disagree. Just, not in any way, shape, or form, is this pkmn likely.

And welcome to smashboards. Thats your first dose of many "reality checks" you will recieve! Believe me, some ppl are cut throat about their smash! X)

@ChronoBound, Remember, we too take smash predictions as serious as it should be. I mean, at the end of the day, no need to hurt someones feelings over them hoping their favorite character is in the game.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
I read somewhere Lucario is most likely going tho be replaced with the new "cool guy" from Pokemon Black&White, Zoroark(I think thats how its spelled :p). Does anyone have thoughts on this?

UberMario

Smash Master
I didn't go THAT far, I just think that when you include a remix of one of the themes of a character that's already in the Smash Universe, he should actually be a playable character in the game, especially if he was in the previous title.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Shadow
Mewtwo
Krystal
Crash Bandicoot
Spyro
Roy 'Take Out Ike'
Bowser Jr.
Predator
Mega Man
Birdo
Lairon
Shadow: Hell naw. Possibly the poster child for what is wrong with modern Sonic. Heck, in the main recent games (Sonic Unleashed, Sonic 4, and Sonic Colors), they have primarily only been focusing on Sonic.

Mewtwo: Definitely agree. It was a travesty that he was cut. He will have a following much longer than Lucario or any other flavor-of-the-month

Krystal: Krystal is the Shadow of the Star Fox series (basically a character that represents most of the stuff that went wrong with the series). Plus, most fans agree that Star Fox has more characters than it deserves. Also, "moveset potential" is a bunch of bunk, I can make unique moveset for even a Goomba.

Crash Bandicoot: An even bigger washed up has-been than even Sonic.

Spyro: See Crash Bandicoot.

Roy: He should definitely return. However, Ike deserves to stay as well.

Pokemon Trainer (new pokemon): No, Pokemon Red/Blue are the most iconic Pokemon series and its starters are the most famous. Plus Ivysaur had to be the most random newcomer of Brawl, and he turned out to be pretty unique.

Dr. Mario alt costume: Yeah, I agree with this. However, I also would not mind if Doc also got his own slot like he did in Melee.

Bowser Jr.: A wprthy addition for a Mario newcomer considering his importance in the main Mario series. The only other Mario characters I would consider worth a playable spot would be Toad or Paper Mario.

Predator: Wut?

Mega Man: Definitely the next in line for third-party characters as far as Smash fans are concerned. Has a lot of history with Nintendo so he would be a welcome addition.

Birdo: Birdo has not been important in a mainline Mario since Super Mario Bros. 2. Birdo has basically been filling the same role as Daisy and Waluigi, another slot in the Mario Karts and sports spinoffs.

Pichu: I don't think Pikachu should transform into Pichu. However, I do feel that Pichu should return, especially considering that "notched-ear" Pichu was basically the mascot of HeartGold/SoulSilver.

Lairon: I am not familiar with this. Is this some kind of new legendary for Pokemon? If so, the only legendary to date that has ever been playable in Smash Bros. was Mewtwo. The odds are definitely in the favor of popular "non-ledgendaries".

Those are my two-cents.

UberMario

Smash Master
Crash Bandicoot- Never had a Nintendo console game i do believe. That gives him already no chance to be in smash.

Spyro- Had a Gamcube game, but not only is it soo obscure, its just that Spyro isnt associated with nintendo... like at all. He too has no chance in smash
Games that they appeared on Nintendo systems (nintendo exclusive will have "ONLY" after the system names):

-Crash Bandicoot: Wrath of Cortex (Gamecube)
-Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (Game Boy Advance-ONLY)
-Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced (Game Boy Advance-ONLY)
-Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (Game Boy Advance-ONLY)
-Crash: Nitro Kart (Game Boy Advance)
-Crash: Tag Team Racing (Gamecube)
-Crash of the Titans (Game Boy Advance, DS, Wii)
-Crash Boom Bang! (DS-ONLY)
-Crash: Mind over Mutant (DS, Wii)

-Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly (Gamecube)
-Spyro: A Hero's Tail (Gamecube)
-Spyro: Season of Ice (Game Boy Advance-ONLY)
-Spyro 2: Season of Fire (Game Boy Advance-ONLY)
-Spyro: Attack of the Rhynocs (Game Boy Advance-ONLY)
-Spyro Orange: The Cortex Conspiracy (Game Boy Advance-ONLY)
-Spyro: Shadow Legacy (DS-ONLY)
-The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning (Game Boy Advance, Gamecube, DS)
-The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (Game Boy Advance, DS, Wii)
-The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon (DS, Wii)

As you can see, they've been on many games played on Nintendo systems, but the fact that Spyro and Crash were pretty much the early mascots of the Playstation will probably hurt their chances of a SSB appearance, despite the fact that the majority are playable with Nintendo systems. The only games that have NOT appeared on Nintendo systems for these characters are:

-Crash Bandicoot (Playstation-ONLY)
-Crash Team Racing (Playstation-ONLY)
-Crash Bash (Playstation-ONLY)
-Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back (Playstation-ONLY)
-Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped (Playstation-ONLY)
-Crash Twinsanity (Playstation 2, Xbox)
-Crash Nitro Cart 2 (iPhone)
-Crash Bandicoot: Mutant Island (Mobile)

-Spyro the Dragon (Playstation-ONLY)
-Spyro: Ripto's Rage (Playstation-ONLY)
-Spyro: Year of the Dragon (Playstation-ONLY)

Both of those non-Nintendo lists, especially Spyro's, are SHORTER than the list of games available for Nintendo consoles and handhelds.

Also Pikachu would NEVER transform into Pichu ever, period. Pichu does have a large enough movepool in the pokemon games where he can be completely de-cloned and re-introduced to the SSB series, however.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Pichu does not need to be introduced, he was kind of a popular character from generation 2 (after Luigia and the Legendary dogs, and Typhlosion/Feraligator [lolz at you meganium]). and with the addition of Generation 5 and all it's glory, very few care about pichu.

HeatGold/SoulSilver are already old news, and will be ancient by the time SSB4 comes out (assuming it does)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The fact that Spyro and Crash are, as you said "early playstation mascots" is almost the same reason banjo wont get in because he is a new xbox mascot in a sense. Either way, if they havent been with nintendo the majority of the time , or are close friends with Sakurai (points to snake) then your chances are slim.

Lastly, a lot of people like pichu, and lots of people mained him. Some people miss roy, some dr. mario and some Pichu as well. Why wouldnt we bring back Pichu as a clone character without his own slot on the screen. Accourding to most people around here it wouldnt be that hard to do that. To change pikachus pody to look like pichu, new voice, but same moves ect.

So, in a sense im actually for clone characters as sort of other "costumes" or how in tekken games some characters play exactly the same, and are on the same character slot, you just push a different button. Im all for that.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I didn't go THAT far, I just think that when you include a remix of one of the themes of a character that's already in the Smash Universe, he should actually be a playable character in the game, especially if he was in the previous title.
Okay, well no one else does. It's pointless to exclude content related to a certain character just because they're not playable, even if they were previously. Good music is good music and Roy fans appreciate that they at least acknowledged him and his game.

People here are misrepresenting my views, but I will let them have their fun.
You make bad arguments based on irrelevant facts spurred by even dumber claims from random people. I would've chalked it up to pre-Brawl hysteria but you keep popping up with some inane long-winded crap every few months.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
You make bad arguments based on irrelevant facts spurred by even dumber claims from random people. I would've chalked it up to pre-Brawl hysteria but you keep popping up with some inane long-winded crap every few months.
Hahahahaha. That is funny considering that most of the stuff I wrote pre-Brawl actually ended up being true.

Also, I actually write detailed assessments of my opinions as opposed to being the biggest blowhard.

A theory is a theory. Most of our ideas cannot be proven or disproven. Nevertheless, most forum-goers here have found my ideas and essays to be excellent reads.

I will continue my work to the Smash community in regards to roster speculation. However, the anger and vitriol is definitely off-putting, especially for something as childish as this.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Aw, I missed the right time to scold that one guy about Lairon. Still there are always those random Pokemon that you wish would be in but you know won't.
*Le sigh, Nidoking*

Anyways, what were your theories Chrono? Most people speculated correctly for the majority of stuff in regards to Smash, but there were still a lot of things that caught everyone off gaurd. Going by your reactions, it seems likely that you were not expecting Mewtwo and Roy being cut. Its also unlikely that you predicted Wolf or ROB (especially after some of those SSE-related Japan Times)

BBQTV

Smash Master
im more suprised at people being suprised at the roster. the only one who got me off guard was rob

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Aw, I missed the right time to scold that one guy about Lairon. Still there are always those random Pokemon that you wish would be in but you know won't.
*Le sigh, Nidoking*

Anyways, what were your theories Chrono? Most people speculated correctly for the majority of stuff in regards to Smash, but there were still a lot of things that caught everyone off gaurd. Going by your reactions, it seems likely that you were not expecting Mewtwo and Roy being cut. Its also unlikely that you predicted Wolf or ROB (especially after some of those SSE-related Japan Times)
I did not expect Mewtwo to be cut. However, I said that there was a 50/50 chance of Roy being cut. It turned out that both Mewtwo and Roy almost made it.

As for Wolf, I said that I noticed that Wolf received much more popularity on the Japan side of things than Krystal (in Japan it was like 3 to 1 in terms of Wolf to Krystal requests). Also, I had a contact that told me about ROB being a playable character, however, initially I and many others were skeptical due to ROB being an enemy in the SSE.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Hahahahaha. That is funny considering that most of the stuff I wrote pre-Brawl actually ended up being true.

Also, I actually write detailed assessments of my opinions as opposed to being the biggest blowhard.

A theory is a theory. Most of our ideas cannot be proven or disproven. Nevertheless, most forum-goers here have found my ideas and essays to be excellent reads.

I will continue my work to the Smash community in regards to roster speculation. However, the anger and vitriol is definitely off-putting, especially for something as childish as this.
Do you even know what I'm criticizing you for?

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
I thought I would post my roster. It's all subject to change, because Smash4 isn't coming for I would guess AT LEAST another 3 years, so characters chosen really depend on relevance at the time. I mean I was a huge supporter of Midna for Brawl, but unless she makes another appearance (which I doubt) I don't think it would make a ton of sense for her to be in the next one. Anyways, here I go:

Mario Series:
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Yoshi
6. Toad
7. Bowser Jr.

(I'm simply a huge fan of Toad [he's my favourite character in Mario Kart games], and I think he deserves a spot as he is the last of 'the Big 8' to not be included. However, I don't think his chances are all that great. Bowser Jr. is becoming a more important character in the Mario universe, and I think he could be a fun character to play as. As long as he was a unique character, with paintbrush and whatnot, and not just a Bowser clone.)

Donkey Kong Series:
8. Donkey Kong
9. Diddy Kong
10. Dixie Kong
11. King K. Rool

(This is all hugely dependent on Donkey Kong Country Returns and who's in it, and if any new characters are popular or what have you. I do think that both Dixie Kong and King K. Rool deserve a spot, and I am all for adding females and villains as the community has pointed out they are lacking. Especially females.)

WarioWare Series:
12. Wario
13. Female WarioWare character

(This series is getting pretty popular and I would love to see Ashley to have a spot. But I think either Mona or Kat&Ana are the most likely from the series. I would prefer Ashley because I think she could have a fun moveset, but I would be fine with the other two making it.)

Zelda Series:
14. Link
15. Zelda/Sheik
16. Ganondorf
17. Toon Link

(The largest thing that should be done is to totally revamp Ganondorf's moveset. I don't think a single person would be upset if they gave him a moveset that's actually reflective of his character. I mean the fact that they don't have his traditional energy ball that can be hit back and forth as a move is just dumb. They need to redo his entire character.

I would also love for Toon Link to also be completely changed to better reflect his games. If they changed his moveset it would also give people a reason to use Link, because essentially if you want to use Link you may as well use Toon Link because he's just way better.

A fifth spot might be possible, depends on the characters from Skyward Sword)

Star Fox Series:
18. Fox
19. Falco
20. Wolf
21. Krystal

(I'm not even a huge fan of Krystal but I would just love someone with a weapon other than a **** sword to make it in. And I mean her moveset pretty much writes itself from Star Fox Adventures. Plus the whole girl thing again. SSB is seriously lacking in the girl department.)

Pokemon Series:
19. Pikachu
20. Jigglypuff
21. Mewtwo?
22. Pokemon Trainer

(I do think Mewtwo deserves a spot back, but I have a feeling they'll give the spot to Zozoark or whatever he's called. I would be fine if it were given a fifth spot, but it largely depends on Black/White. I don't think another character from an older generation really stands a chance. I think Lucario's pretty much the only character from Brawl who has the potential to be removed as he was added pretty much as a flavour of the month kinda deal.)

Kirby Series:
23. Kirby
24. Metaknight
25. King DeDeDe

(I don't think there's really any other viable candidates, I think these three are pretty much the only characters that deserved to be added so I'm glad they were.)

Mother/Earthbound:
26. Ness
27. Lucas

(I don't think any other characters really need to be added, I wouldn't be totally against it, but I'm not for any being added either)

Metroid:
28. Samus
29. Zero-Suit Samus
30. Ridley?

(I'm kind of torn on Ridley. I think he is the mostly likely candidate for another Metroid spot, I'm not overly pushing for his spot, but I think it would be nifty if he was in there.)

Fire Emblem Series:
31. Marth
32. Ike
33. Lyndis, Eirika

(I don't want Roy back. Bam. I do want this series to get a third spot but I think it largely depends on if a new game comes out before the next SSB. If one doesn't I would love to see Lyn to get this spot, or Eirika, although I think Lyn is the more likely candidate at this point because she was an assist trophy and whatnot.)

F-Zero Series:
34. Captain Falcon
35. Samurai Goroh

(It would be awesome to have Samurai Goroh in the roster. I think he'd make a fun character to play as, and he is by far the next in line if another F Zero character is added)

Miscellaneous Nintendo Characters:
36. Ice Climbers
37. R.O.B.
38. Captain Olimar
39. Pit
40. Mr. Game and Watch
41. Tom Nook
42. Isaac (Golden Sun)

(I hate R.O.B. and don't think he should have ever been added but he's a unique enough character and I see little to no chance of him being removed.

I think Tom Nook would be the best representative of the Animal Crossing franchise, and I think it's a popular enough franchise to merit a fighter. I mostly like the idea because I think it would be awesome if they made one of his moves throwing leaves that turn into furniture, so essentially you could throw couches at people. Awesome.

I would love Isaac, but I think it really depends on the new Golden Sun game for the DS.

I could see Kid Icarus possibly getting another fighter depending on the popularity of the new DS game and would be down with either Medusa or Palutena being added as a fighter, but it depends on the game.

Also, Miyamoto is supposedly making a new character or whatever, so that might be a possibility. Depends on the game.)

Third Party:
43. Sonic
44. Snake
45. Megaman
46. Bomberman
47. S-E rep?

(I think both Megaman and Bomberman would fit excellently into Smash. I don't play like any Megaman games and I'm not a huge fan of them but I think he's the most deserving third party character.

I would love to see a S-E rep, whether it be Geno who would fit in nicely, but I think one of their traditional creatures (Chocobo, Moogle, Cactuar, Tonberry) might have a better shot. I don't really see any main Final Fantasy characters getting in (Cloud should not be in Brawl, plain and simple. I don't see ff characters traditionally on Nintendo consoles getting in either, ala Terra, Cecil etc.) I could see a generic job class possibly getting in though, Black Mage, Fighter etc. Although I don't know how I'd feel about that. I also have no real knowledge on the Enix side of the company so I can't really comment on it.)

So it's only 47. Which isn't a huge addition, but my whole roster is really up in the air, and I think it largely depends on the popularity of some characters closer to the time the next SSB is released.

Sorry for the massive post. I've been playing Brawl a lot lately and have been thinking about it way too much I think.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Personally, I think that Palutena, Medusa, and Dixie Kong are the only female Nintendo characters who deserve to be added in Smash simply because they are important in their respective series and are the other faces of their respective series, not because they have two X sex-chromosomes.

Not to mention that the Smash creator himself is reviving the Kid Icarus series so that gives Palutena and Medusa a decent chance to be added. He also planned to add Dixie Kong for Brawl but she was removed for technical reasons, not because she didn't deserve to be added in the first place. There's the possibility that Sakurai might want to try adding her again in the next Smash.

That's why I don't think Krystal, Lyn, Jody Summer, Paula, Kumatora, Daisy, etc. aren't significant enough to be in Smash without the "we need more females" card.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i wouldn't doubt that he would but 3 Kid Icarus characters in smash

remember this sakrai were talking about

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But wasn't Krystal one of the most wanted characters for Brawl?

And Cronobound, before you say she's not as popular as Wolf in Japan, give me evidence considering that we have evidence that the SF series is more popular outside of Japan.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
To be honest, I never thought I would find myself supporting both Palutena and Medusa for SSB4... but ever since I found out that Kid Icarus is finally getting a sequel after almost 20 years and that Sakurai himself is working on said sequel, I immediately thought that Palutena and Medusa could be possible. At first, I didn't like the idea but now I love the idea. I think it would be epic to see the two goddesses battling each other in Smash. And imagine the possibilities in Adventure Mode with the two goddesses!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes, you are quite right. I shouldn't hold my breath for Palutena and Medusa. I am just saying that they NOW have a decent chance of appearing in SSB4 as playable characters.

And Cronobound, before you say she's not as popular as Wolf in Japan, give me evidence considering that we have evidence that the SF series is more popular outside of Japan.
I think there's a reason why we got Wolf, not Krystal, as a last-minute clone. Krystal could easily have gotten in as a Fox clone but no, we got Wolf instead. Wolf is more important and he debuted in the most popular Star Fox game of all time (Star Fox 64). Krystal is usually supported by furries and others who pull the female card to justify her addition. :(

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Here it comes. Another character debatee. Things are about to get ugly.

I think there's a reason why we got Wolf, not Krystal, as a last-minute clone. Krystal could easily have gotten in as a Fox clone but no, we got Wolf instead. Wolf is more important and he debuted in the most popular Star Fox game of all time (Star Fox 64). Krystal is usually supported by furries and others who pull the female card to justify her addition. :(
I was not able to find the original thread, as archives don't seem to exist prior to 2007, but Samurai Panda had a thread featuring the translations for the developer's journal Sakurai had on the old Dojo.

In one of the translations, there was the remark Sakurai made saying he didn't know about Krystal until he was given requests for her to be the in the game, which, as well know, did not mean they would be playable. Considering that the roster was decided back in 2005, Wolf was picked over her, if you can even call it that, simply because he didn't know about her at the time which is rather odd, but I'll ignore that.

Based off of this evidence, we have no explicit confirmation that Wolf was put in because of his importance. As Fatman has said in the past, it was more than likely that the roster was decided based on the Melee poll save for Lucas, Olimar, Lucario, Zero Suit Samus, Snake, Sonic, R.O.B., and Ike.

As for Krystal, I'm pretty sure her potential was a major factor in her popularity. I also love how people like to pull the furry card. Just because 4Chan hates them doesn't mean we have to.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Personally, I think that Palutena, Medusa, and Dixie Kong are the only female Nintendo characters who deserve to be added in Smash simply because they are important in their respective series and are the other faces of their respective series, not because they have two X sex-chromosomes.

Not to mention that the Smash creator himself is reviving the Kid Icarus series so that gives Palutena and Medusa a decent chance to be added. He also planned to add Dixie Kong for Brawl but she was removed for technical reasons, not because she didn't deserve to be added in the first place. There's the possibility that Sakurai might want to try adding her again in the next Smash.

That's why I don't think Krystal, Lyn, Jody Summer, Paula, Kumatora, Daisy, etc. aren't significant enough to be in Smash without the "we need more females" card.
Man, you guys really need to wait for Kid Icarus to come out before you start getting excited over Palutena or Medusa.

Also Krystal, Jody, Mona and Syrup are definitely significant within their own series. Surprised you didn't even mention the last two.

**** it Kuma why can't you get pumped for once

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

you can argue that krystal is sort of becoming the new falco, in the means of importance. i mean, falco was fox's right hand man in a sense, now it seems krystal has more storyline based around her, i mean we know far more about krystals past, relationships ect than falco. Krystal even jumped ship with Panther which brought more spotlights on her. i honestly think slippy got more attention than falco in Command. You never know, i could see it being fox, with krystal at his side, and we put falco an slippy together as the less important, more filler character duo. just a thought.

And what about Lyn?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero

Krystal has as many haters as fans. Also, the evidence about Wolf's popularity over Krystal no longer exists because it was anecdoctal based off of Japanese forums. However, regardless of what evidence I use, you will refute it considering you are a diehard Krystal fan. There are better females anyway. I expect Krystal's popularity to dry up once Kid Icarus Uprising is released....

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
you can argue that krystal is sort of becoming the new falco, in the means of importance. i mean, falco was fox's right hand man in a sense, now it seems krystal has more storyline based around her, i mean we know far more about krystals past, relationships ect than falco. Krystal even jumped ship with Panther which brought more spotlights on her. i honestly think slippy got more attention than falco in Command. You never know, i could see it being fox, with krystal at his side, and we put falco an slippy together as the less important, more filler character duo. just a thought.

And what about Lyn?
Hahahahahaah. The next Star Fox is a remake of 64, and I would not be surprised if they decide to ignore the Adventures continuity for now on. Heck, the F-Zero games after GX ignored the events of GX (where Black Shadow died), so its not odd. Heck, the remake of Fire Emblem Mystery of the Emblem that just came out did some major retcons as well.

Also, I keep saying that Palutena is going to be the most heavily requested female character when Smash 4 speculation ramps up. Medusa might give her some competition though and it will be reminscient of Falco vs. Wolf during the Melee days and Wolf vs. Krystal during the Brawl days. What makes them particularly "dangerous" is that they are both relatively attractive females with important roles. Look forward to the resurgence of logic such as "sidekicks have gotten in before villains so Palutena will get in before Medusa." Dixie Kong might get the upperhand over K. Rool if she is in Donkey Kong Country Return and K. Rool is not. I think one of them appearing in DKR over the over one will be a big game changer in terms of choosing the third DK representative.

Also, no one gives a **** about that tutorial lord called Lyn. The main lord of FE7 was Eliwood considering that the game's Japanese subtitle was named after his holy weapon. Heck, Hector is more of FE7's lord than Lyn. Lyn does not even exist in FE6 showing how insignificant she is.

Also, Arcadenik deserves a badge through cutting down the nonsense that wafts through this thread.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hmmm, it seems someone gives a crap about Lyn CONSIDERING SHE WAS IN BRAWL. Or is Sakuria gonna ignore everything that happened in brawl like theyll ignore krystal, a charcter whos story has been built up for the last THREE star fox games.

I may not know much ab out FE, but what you said about krystal is just ignorant.

and what do you mean Krystal fans will "dry up" once kid icarus is released.

I didnt stop liking cammy because capcom released megaman nt warrior and i thought roll was awesome. That makes no sense Chronobound.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Hmmm, it seems someone gives a crap about Lyn CONSIDERING SHE WAS IN BRAWL. Or is Sakuria gonna ignore everything that happened in brawl like theyll ignore krystal, a charcter whos story has been built up for the last THREE star fox games.

I may not know much ab out FE, but what you said about krystal is just ignorant.

and what do you mean Krystal fans will "dry up" once kid icarus is released.

I didnt stop liking cammy because capcom released megaman nt warrior and i thought roll was awesome. That makes no sense Chronobound.
When Lyn was deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy, basically all of her fans flocked to Micaiah. The only reason they even supported her was because they wanted another new character with breasts to be playable besides Zero Suit Samus (sorry Wario's manboobs don't count). Since Brawl's release, there has been hardly anyone suggesting Micaiah which contrasts heavily with what I saw during the time period of Lyn's deconfirmation and Brawl's release.

Also, in terms of "attractiveness" I assume there are a lot more "normal" perverts than furry perverts. A LOT MORE. Since a lot of Krystal's popularity is driven by her lack of clothes, I assume a human with a lack of clothes will be a heck of a lot more popular than an animal-human thing with a lack of clothes.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
When Lyn was deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy, basically all of her fans flocked to Micaiah. The only reason they even supported her was because they wanted another new character with breasts to be playable besides Zero Suit Samus (sorry Wario's manboobs don't count). Since Brawl's release, there has been hardly anyone suggesting Micaiah which contrasts heavily with what I saw during the time period of Lyn's deconfirmation and Brawl's release.

Also, in terms of "attractiveness" I assume there are a lot more "normal" perverts than furry perverts. A LOT MORE. Since a lot of Krystal's popularity is driven by her lack of clothes, I assume a human with a lack of clothes will be a heck of a lot more popular than an animal-human thing with a lack of clothes.
How does Krystals furry fans have anythign to do with her fanbase drying up because of kid icarus? Like really. You cant like two people at the same time? Your reasoning is insane.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
What in the world is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom