• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
They Put Baby Mario and Luigi in the game together as a team Like Ice climbers.

Of corss there weak but they'd have Speed like you wouldn't believe

Adult Luigi, Green Missil / 5%-25% I think

Redishgreen Missil/ 6%-32% because of both theere heads colliding into enemy....

Baby weegee by him self, because B. Mario got knocked out/ 2%-13%

....... Just a thought

UberMario

Smash Master
They Put Baby Mario and Luigi in the game together as a team Like Ice climbers.

Of corss there weak but they'd have Speed like you wouldn't believe

Adult Luigi, Green Missil / 5%-25% I think

Redishgreen Missil/ 6%-32% because of both theere heads colliding into enemy....

Baby weegee by him self, because B. Mario got knocked out/ 2%-13%

....... Just a thought
If Baby Mario & Luigi were a team, they shouldn't be clones of their older selves.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
If Baby Mario & Luigi were a team, they shouldn't be clones of their older selves.
If Baby M&L were to be included, which could possibly be Yoshi's second rep or another Mario series depending on how their attacks function, they might take on attacks from the M&L series (spinning bros, hammers, power-ups) or other Yoshi games.

If Mother 4 were to be released, and SSB4 were to include the main character, would the game include all Mother 2,3 and 4 protagonists? (Probably, not) Which one would they exclude? What roll would they play?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well what I meant by the stage part was that if you just want a basic stage with no overwhelming details you could make a stage like in Brawl (where you just grab ramps, blocks, etc, and place them where you want) or if you're great at modeling, do it on a computer and make something as good as (or even better than) the stages that represent the games. (i.e. add the individual details, such as water, structures, etc. even custom-created content)
I think customization that extensive is a waste of time. Don't get me wrong, I think it's a neat idea, but I don't think anything that would require a PC would be implemented.
Also the reason no one tried to change up 64's or Melee's physics was because they couldn't Melee hacking is possibly younger than Brawl hacking and is apprently only at the stage where texture and music edits are possible. SSB64 hasn't even gotten past texture edits and is just exploring stage hacking aspects. Brawl was apparently a little more, erm, "open" in the loosest sense.
I didn't know that. Good to know then. Still, it's amazing as to how quick people were to hating Brawl, particularly its physics. Hopefully, Nintendo won't outsource for an engine again.

In fact, I've heard of flaws with the Havok engine.

I honestly doubt that HAL spent that much time on the physics engine and certain aspects are pretty easy to change (i.e. some of the ideas for the customizing of physics I had were tripping frequency, gravity, speed, victory requirements, hitstun amount, hitlag amount, knockback levels, etc. it's not reworking the whole engine, it's just making some properties more or less pronounced than "usual".)
The problem with this kind of thing is how the characters are balanced. Some characters are going to be better on certain settings (particularly hitstun adjustments) than others.

It just seems to me that you shouldn't bother with creating different twists on the physics engine. We can already mess around with victory requirements and a few other things. Adjusting other aspects are just way too technical for people.

If I remember correctly, they've ruled out making another Mother game after Mother 3.
Itoi has said he doesn't want to work on another one, but he said that if someone wanted to work on one, it'd be okay.

The way I see it, there are three possibilities.

1. A MOTHER 4 does happen.
2. Nintendo creates an RPG series that's a spiritual successor to the MOTHER series.
3. Nothing happens.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
GET RID OF SONIC!
I have nothing against the series (except the new ones have been meh), but he dont belong in smash bros. Unfortunatly, with Sonic Colors coming out(It does looks awesome though) I'm sure he'll be in SSB4 anyway.

Vam

Smash Rookie
First of all, bring back Hyrule Castle N64-version. Ffs.
Then they need to balance up the characters in a better way. I mean, whats the point of playing cool characters like ganondorf or bowser when theres a guy who can make himself invisible for as long as hi wishes, has endless recovery, travels at the speed of awesome AND has a ****ing sword?

Also, give us Lanky Kong. Pretty please. Is there even a character more suited for the next ssb that isnt allready in there? I don't think so. Except maybe banjo/kazooie. However, that'll never happen for obvious reasons. Lanky Kong would be srs bsns. He wouldnt bare resemblance to any character currently available for play. A completely new sort of thing. I like new.

Also, First post. Hello.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
GET RID OF SONIC!
I have nothing against the series (except the new ones have been meh), but he dont belong in smash bros. Unfortunatly, with Sonic Colors coming out(It does looks awesome though) I'm sure he'll be in SSB4 anyway.
Sorry for the self quote, but if they used the color thingys from sonic colors in sonics moveset, i would actually want him in SSB4.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i cant believe you just quoted yourself

melee was rushed as hell so i bet it wasn't even supposed to be they way it is, also kirby's grab can throw you and the person being grabed off the stage but in brawl you cant

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Not only will Sonic stay in, but he should.
I dont see what the big grudge against third party chareacters is. I get it, its nintendos all stars coming together, but who cares if a few non-nintendo characters make it in. There isnt even that many third party characters. And no one is forcing you to be sonic or snake! So lets think about this, we know sakurai doesnt like taking out characters, so why would he take out a non-clone, unique, and potential fan base following away? Sonic brings out all the sonic nerds and little kids, who may not have bought ssbb if sonic wasnt in it. It seems to me that taking him out wouldnt rise sales, in fact, it could lose a small portion of sales. And if have a thing against Sonic why do you not have a thing against SNAKE? He not only is a third party character, but he sticks out like a sore thumb. I think smash will have more third parties in the next game, and it will help the sales rise as well.
*Crosses is fingers* Go Bomberman :D

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well I think people (me included) are a little PO'd about how Snake got in and had a heck loads of work put into him (trophies, stage, codecs and whatnot) rather than some of the first party characters who are long overdue for representation. I rarely hear people complaining about Sonic though.

UberMario

Smash Master
melee was rushed as hell so i bet it wasn't even supposed to be they way it is, also kirby's grab can throw you and the person being grabed off the stage but in brawl you cant
Even worse, in Melee, you could break free mid-throw against Kirby, making suicide throws near useless. The original game wasn't rushed (though Melee indeed was), but it was on a VERY low budget, only about half to three-quarters of the ideas ended up being completed. (Which is why the stage roster is so . . . small). At least six characters were scrapped, and final smashes were too. And for those people that think: "Brawl sucks because it introduced Smash Balls", we have PHYSICAL PROOF that Final Smashes were planned for both SSB64 AND Melee and that it was beyond the idea board, here it is:

SSB64: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_sVXdjakqU
-Ness saying "PK Starstorm"
-Kirby making yelling noises after seemingly charging up (maybe Crash Kirby was supposed to be the final smash?)
-Fox yelling "E Kay!" (Whatever that means)
-Pikachu sounding angry and suddenly yelling Chu. (Maybe a superpowered Thunder FS?)
-Captain Falcon saying "Come On!"

Melee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBOOnWHAzaY&feature=related
-Captain Falcon saying "Come On!" and "Blue Falcon!", and they're near identical to Brawl's samples and basically the same as 64's too.
-Marth either starting a Side B combo or his Final Smash

Getting back on topic, should SSB4 allow taunt cancelling?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yeah really.

I don't mind arguing with Paragraphs but jesus you guys take it to the next level and I read most of it and see it could've just been summarized.

Start realizing one major notice: Unless you get your idea noticed and have a plan for that, chances are, you're better off not giving it too much speculative thought (Unless it's something like "mario for brawl")

Once you realize that you'll have much less of a headache. Roster's are fun to make and all but holy...yeah.

Oh, and back to that plan part, even if you get noticed don't put too much luck on it. I've been there for a lot of Post-NSider and honestly, none of this stuff will ever get noticed via forums.

Not. That. Hard. To. Get.
Ha... so, I am not the only one who make paragraphs. :psycho:

Hey guys! I went camping... not my idea >.>

Anyways, Pit, he has one new game. Does that mean he deserves another rep? I would say no. Playing as Palutena (sp?) feels like it would be like using arceus against pikachu. A god vs mortals.... not my idea of fun :/
Mother never deserved another rep when Mother 3 came out after Melee but we did. Besides, I personally think that Sakurai added Ness in SSB to promote EarthBound 64... and planned to replace Ness with Lucas in Melee to promote EarthBound 64 but that game got cancelled so Ness stayed... and then EarthBound 64 became Mother 3, and Sakurai decided to just keep Ness and add Lucas.

I think Kid Icarus should get both Palutena and Medusa. Both characters are the only important characters in the Kid Icarus series after Pit and it would really be complete with both of them like Kirby series is complete with the addition of both King Dedede and Meta Knight.

Medusa might be alright if she wasn't a complete blank in her NES appearance and we knew anything beyond her design in the 3DS game.

Latching onto characters specifically because of gender or morality is probably the most shallow reason to support someone though.
Yes, this is exactly what I have been saying for a long time. Just because a character is a female and/or a villain doesn't mean that character have to be playable.

Actually, I don't know what's worse; supporting characters solely for affirmative action or justifying them through inane superlatives.
This. 100x this! Someone had to say something about this problem. It is a bad idea to support characters because of labels and superlatives.

So this morning i was thinking, when it comes down to the mario reps. the only representative candidates with a realativly good chance are Bowser Jr. and Toad, right? I mean i could list another few with a smaller chance like fawful, Daisy, and Waluigi. But are toad and Bowser Jr. the only two to look out for?
Yes, that's right. Only Bowser Jr. and Toad are the only ones worth adding. Waluigi and Daisy are nothing more than spin-off fillers. Fawful... just no. He wouldn't really represent Mario series properly considering that he appears in only three Mario games out of at least 100 Mario games.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well I think people (me included) are a little PO'd about how Snake got in and had a heck loads of work put into him (trophies, stage, codecs and whatnot) rather than some of the first party characters who are long overdue for representation. I rarely hear people complaining about Sonic though.
Well, of course more people are complaining about Snake because no one asked for him to show up in Smash. Only Kojima did.

Sonic, on the other hand, get few complaints because most people wanted Sonic in Smash (in my opinion, solely for the Mario vs. Sonic thing from the 1990's).

This is why I think Mega Man would get few complaints and Travis Touchdown would get more complaints.

Maripu

Smash Cadet
Well, of course more people are complaining about Snake because no one asked for him to show up in Smash. Only Kojima did.

Sonic, on the other hand, get few complaints because most people wanted Sonic in Smash (in my opinion, solely for the Mario vs. Sonic thing from the 1990's).

This is why I think Mega Man would get few complaints and Travis Touchdown would get more complaints.
I think Megaman would get complaints for being "lame"

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
IF we where to have 3rd partys, my votes for Leon S. Kennedy

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Chances are we will get at least ONE new 3rd party. I would be willing to bet we get two even. These are my safest bets for 3rd parties:

Capcom:
Ryu (Street Fighter)
Megaman (Megaman)
Resident evil characters could be iffy. And unfortunetly so are darkstalker characters :(

Namco:
Klanoa (Klanoa series)
Pac Man (Pac Man series)
Nightmare/Cassandra ect (Soul Caliber)

Square Enix:
Black Mage (Final Fantasy)
Sora (Kingdom Hearts)
Chrono (Chrono Trigger)
Geno (Seven stars)
Idk, how in the heck you could represent dragon quest. Its like trying to represent the sims.

Konami:
Simon Belmont (Castlevania)

Hudson soft:
Bomberman (Bomerman series)

SEGA:
Nights (please no more sonic characters!)

and Travis Touchdown. I only list him because of the things Suda has said. If it wasnt for that, he wouldnt be listed.

UberMario

Smash Master
If we go by 3rd party companies, and I could only chose 5 of them for character representation, they'd be the following:

Sega
-Sonic the Hedgehog
-Misc. others

Konami
-Metal Gear
-Castlevania

Capcom
-Mega Man
-Street Fighter

Square-Enix
-Super Mario RPG
-Final Fantasy
-Chrono Trigger
-Kingdom Hearts

Rare (Not completely impossible, they did make some DS games, albeit because Microsoft doesn't have a handheld)
-Banjo & Kazooie
-Misc. Others

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
i dont think any character from rare can get in smash
I don't think so either. Sure they have a few games on DS, but that's only because Microsoft doesn't have a handheld. Their handheld games aren't exactly the most popular either. It's definitely console games where Rare excels, and all of their console games are on the Xbox.

If a character from Rare did get in, it would have been in SSB64 or maybe even Melee. The most likely candidate, of course, would have been Banjo & Kazooie. I've always loved those games and I wish it was still possible for them to get in.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
This. 100x this! Someone had to say something about this problem. It is a bad idea to support characters because of labels and superlatives.
The one thing that stood out in my mind when I wrote that was ChronoBound saying "Roy should return because he's the first GBA lord" back in the pre-Brawl character support madness. Probably a lot of other stuff but I forget.

Rare excels
a-hyuk

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Compared to RARE's success on the handhelds, they seem to excel. Also, while we are on the subject, what Banjo-Kazooie content would you want to appear alongside the character in Smash? This is what I'd expect to see:

OF COURSE, THIS POST WILL GET IGNORED ANYWAY FOR BEING LONG, but I just felt like I had to get my ideas out there, and this seemed like the right time. But whatever.

CHARACTER

Banjo & Kazooie would be the character of course, but this is how I envision them. They enter by jumping out of a silo that appears on-stage (these silos were used as short-cuts in Banjo-Tooie). Originally they are paired together. They have three jumps in total and the ability to glide. By pressing Down+B, they use the move Split-Up, which causes Kazooie to jump out of the backpack and into the background of the stage. Now, Banjo fights alone.

While fighting as Banjo, Down+B can be pressed again to cause Kazooie to jump out of the background as Banjo enters the background. You now play as Kazooie, who is much faster, lighter, has four total jumps and a gliding ability, but is much weaker. To get the characters back together, you must stand near the character in the background and press Down+B If you are within a close-range, this will cause the character to step out of the background and unite with the character in play.

It's basically another three-for-one character. You have Banjo, Kazooie, and Banjo & Kazooie. Oh, and I think for their Final Smash, they should summon The Mighty Jinjonator. Click HERE to get the basic idea of what it would do. Banjo-Kazooie ending spoilers, though.

STAGE

Spiral Mountain
(<----Link)

Definitely Spiral Mountain, no doubt. You would fight on the bridge that connects the summit of the mountain to Gruntilda's Lair. Of course, it would have o be scaled up a bit to allow for a decent fight. You're viewing the bridge from the left side of Gruntilda's Lair, so in the background are fields and waterfalls. To the left of the map, you can fall off the mountain to your doom. The right is walled off by the lair. Once during the battle, the bridge will break in a random spot, creating another falling zone. It does not repair itself.

Other features include:
-Gruntilda flying around the stages background on her broomstick. Sometimes, she will stop and hover facing the bridge, throwing fireballs at players and ending with a harmful homing spell.
-Random vegetables will sometimes hop across the stage injuring players they run into, but only slightly. It doesn't take much to get rid of them.
-You can be KO'd by getting hit into the mouth of Gruntilda's Lair. You can also jump on the nose and battle.

ITEMS & ASSIST TROPHIES

An obvious Assist Trophy would be Mumbo Jumbo, the skull-masked Shaman. He is basically the co-star of the games and was even playable in Banjo-Tooie. With his magic, he could do a variety of things, but one thing I'd expect to see would be transformation. That was his forte in Banjo-Kazooie.

Perhaps he would pick a random character or the character that summoned him, and transform them into another character that is present in the battle, chosen at random. This lasts for at least 15 seconds, then "Mumbo magic run out".

MUSIC

I love the Music from the games. Of course, they would all play on the Spiral Mountain stage. Here are the songs I would like/would expect to see.

-Banjo-Kazooie Theme
[Banjo-Kazooie]
-Spiral Mountain [Banjo-Kazooie]
-Gruntilda's Lair [Banjo-Kazooie]
-Mumbo's Mountain [Banjo-Kazooie]
-Isle O' Hags [Banjo -Tooie]

HIDDEN SONGS:
-Click Clock Wood [Banjo-Kazooie] *Perhaps this song could contain music from all four seasons of the world.
-Final Battle (Banjo-Kazooie) [Banjo-Kazooie]
-Jinjo Village [Banjo-Tooie]
-Showdown Town [Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts]

VICTORY FANFARE:
Jiggy Fanfare (This fanfare played everytime Banjo and Kazooie collected a Jigsaw piece, or "Jiggy", which were the means by which you progressed through each game)

That's all I got. If you actually read this, thanks! Any comments? What Banjo content would you want to see in Smash?

MKOwnage

Smash Journeyman
This is my Dream roster for SSB4

Mario Series:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Dasiy (1st appearance)
Dr. Mario

Fire Emblem Series:

Marth
Roy
Ike
Lyndis (1st appearance as playable fighter)
Black Knight (1st appearance)

WarioWare Series:

Wario
Kat & Ana (1st appearance as playable fighter{s})

Pokémon Series:

Mewtwo
Pichu
Pikachu
Growlithe (1st appearance)
Lucario
Jigglypuff
Arcanine (1st appearance)
Pokémon Trainer (Infernape, Torterra,, Empoleon) (Pokémon's first appearance)

Metorid Series:

Zero Suit Samus
Samus
Dark Samus (1st appearance)

Donkey Kong Series:

Donkey Kong
Diddy kong
Funky Kong (1st appearance)
Cranky Kong (1st appearance)

Zelda Series:

Link
Toon Link
Young Link
Ganondorf
Zelda/Sheik

Star Fox Series:

Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal (1st appearance)

Third Party Characters:

Ratchet (1st appearance)
Sonic
Crash Bandicoot (1st appearance)
Crunch Bandicoot (1st appearance)
Snake
Dr. Nefarious (1st appearance)
Alister Azimuth (1st appearance)
For trainer it would have to be Piplup,Grotle and Infernape.

Crash Bandicoot would be cool but no Crunch.

UberMario

Smash Master
I love your Smugleaf avatar.
Thanks. :)

The one thing that stood out in my mind when I wrote that was ChronoBound saying "Roy should return because he's the first GBA lord" back in the pre-Brawl character support madness. Probably a lot of other stuff but I forget.
The fact that both Dr. Mario (Fever and Chill) and Roy (Roy's Hope) got their themes, yet didn't make it is a little baffling.

i dont think any character from rare can get in smash
Like I said it's not completely possible, but I don't have high hopes for it. However, there IS going to be remake of Rare's Goldeneye 007 for the Wii and ONLY the Wii (not the Xbox) so that's why I feel that they have some chance of adding a character.

*Fingers Cross for Conker*
The only way he'd get in is if they replaced his gun ammo with nuts. lol (Plus the above) Maybe they could use the slingshot he had when his game series was still E-rated. (That's part of why it was so controversial, Conker appeared in Conker's Pocket Tales (rated E witha kiddy atmopshere) and Diddy Kong Racing, then Rare decides to remake the series as an M rated . . . experience.) If a rare character got in Banjo would be a far more likely candidate however.

Rychu

Thane of Smashville
3DS FC
1908-0105-4965
The fact that both Dr. Mario (Fever and Chill) and Roy (Roy's Hope) got their themes, yet didn't make it is a little baffling.QUOTE]

I read somewhere that they where supposed to be in brawl but got cut because of time constraints

Edit: lol epic quote fail

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just dont expect any character from rare. I mean its pretty clear where banjo stands. His newest game is for Xbox 360 sooo, he probably has no chance. Its sorta like asking for spyro or crash. However, i still want bomberman :)

i think megaman, some SE character, travis touchdown and bomberman are the four most likely 3rd party characters.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
still working on my megaman x animation moveset... (not really, but still)
people ride too much on 3rd parties... like, they must have this one guy, and ooo, this other guy is overrated or underrated!! its the best topic to enter a circle of distaste for one another.
i really dislike it when someone badmouths a series or character (i.e. head of team ninja saying tekken is the worst game ever)
there is still a chance that mega man (any) won't be used since inafune isn't literally approaching sakurai like kojima, but he would just enter the way sonic did.

i am curious, does anyone believe Professor Layton when he said that he entered the tourney and saw a blue robot? does he say this so we can speculate as we are doing now? does nintendo even have a blue robot to call their own or is Mega Man (any) the only one? (bloody TopHatProfessor)

off topic... does anyone care for Street Fighter X Tekken? it would be awesome if juri comes back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9EpHRdlI3M

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
people ride too much on 3rd parties... like, they must have this one guy, and ooo, this other guy is overrated or underrated!! its the best topic to enter a circle of distaste for one another.
i really dislike it when someone badmouths a series or character (i.e. head of team ninja saying tekken is the worst game ever)
there is still a chance that mega man (any) won't be used since inafune isn't literally approaching sakurai like kojima, but he would just enter the way sonic did.

i am curious, does anyone believe Professor Layton when he said that he entered the tourney and saw a blue robot? does he say this so we can speculate as we are doing now? does nintendo even have a blue robot to call their own or is Mega Man (any) the only one? (bloody TopHatProfessor)

off topic... does anyone care for Street Fighter X Tekken? it would be awesome if juri comes back.
That was a total fake thing. The guys twitter isnt even from nintendo. Hes just a guy who wanted to stir the ssb pot.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Actually, Inafune said he'd like him in. He just expect to be approached, not the other way around.

Street Fighter X Tekken looks like it could be fun. Speaking of which, how's your Juri holding up?

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
The fact that both Dr. Mario (Fever and Chill) and Roy (Roy's Hope) got their themes, yet didn't make it is a little baffling.
Doesn't have anything to do with bad arguments people make in support of characters nor is it actually baffling by any means, but sure.

Also I don't consider Winning Road nor Eternal Bond to be the proper theme songs for Roy and Ike, even though they both have a bunch of songs that could be seen as such.

It's not that different compared to first-party stuff. More leniency with more room for new characters, but overall it's the same.

UberMario

Smash Master
Doesn't have anything to do with bad arguments people make in support of characters nor is it actually baffling by any means, but sure.

Also I don't consider Winning Road nor Eternal Bond to be the proper theme songs for Roy and Ike, even though they both have a bunch of songs that could be seen as such.
But doesn't naming the song "Roy's Hope" for Brawl almost seem like a slap-in-the-face to those that played him in Melee?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But doesn't naming the song "Roy's Hope" for Brawl almost seem like a slap-in-the-face to those that played him in Melee?
Seem? Yes, but looking at the scrapped data, it was never meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom