• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
What do you guys think? Will Marth's "new" game influence his future moveset in Smash? Personally I'd like that. A 'Falco-fied' clone from the next guy getting his current moveset is what I'm thinking of (Roy, or maybe Sigurd).

Shining Tyranitar

Smash Rookie
Personally, if SSB4 was ever created, I'd like to see some Mario and Luigi series characters thrown into it; specifically Fawful and Midbus just to name a few. I just don't think the characters in those games get enough play outside of that series and it'd be really cool to see them in Smash.

Separately from that, I'd also like to see Bowser Jr, and of course, Tyranitar.

It'd also be really nice for the "board the platforms" mini game to make a return.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
What do you guys think? Will Marth's "new" game influence his future moveset in Smash? Personally I'd like that. A 'Falco-fied' clone from the next guy getting his current moveset is what I'm thinking of (Roy, or maybe Sigurd).
No.

Anyways, I don't think it will effect his moveset that much. Its not like he's going to actually get new moves from the new game. Not only is it a remake, so Marth is probably just going to be doing things that he already did back in FE3, but FE isn't a series where characters have many different attacks. It may make a new FE character's inclusion iffy, since it kicks back the amount of time until we get a new character. If there is no new FE game from a new universe though, there are basically three options: 1) Pick Roy, 2) Pick another character from the FE series (Most likely it would be from Marth's own universe at this point, such as Sheeda) or 3) Fire Emblem doesn't get a new character.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think we'll get Roy back no matter what. As I may have said before,he has veteran status so I think he'll return along with Mewtwo.

Funny how we've had not two, but four games featuring Marth. I think that if we get another FE character, it'll probably be someone like Sheeda like Pieman said or someone from Ike's games like possibly Micaiah or Sothe.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
By no means would Roy being a veteran means he gets back no matter what. If that were true, he wouldn't be out of Brawl. (And this goes for Mewtwo as well) It also doesn't help that the years haven't been particularly kind for the two, though I guess they haven't been all that harsh either. Roy in particular though seems like a poor choice to me, because as I've said, he's not a character who's very well liked amongst FE fans, he's still Japan only, he was only included at first as an ad, and he'd still likely just be a clone/semi-clone. And Roy's chances would be shot particularly hard in the foot if another FE game came out after this new one with a brand new and unique character that fit the Smash mold, since said character would probably have priority, and its not very likely that FE would even get a second newcomer. (Heck, it may not get its first) The only FE character I'd say that would get in "no matter what" would be Marth.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Unless Roy's game gets remade and released in all three major regions, I seriously doubt he'll ever come back. It's not outside the realm of possibility because of what Intelligent Systems has been doing as of late but that doesn't mean that they will especially with GBA only being two generations ago (as compared to 4-5 with Marth's games).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
"The Legendary Stafy was the top-selling Nintendo DS game in North America during its week of release, temporarily beating out previous top-sellers on the platform such as Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. NPD Group reports that the game was the 19th best-selling game in North America during the months of June and July 2009"

And for the support on Japans side "Media Create sales data lists the game at having sold 126,428 copies in Japan by the end of 2008"

(Lengend of Starfy Wikipedia)
Mario Kart Ds and New Super Mario bros Wii were both titles that were out for about 3 or 4 years before Starfy came out. it should have beaten it. 19th is also pretty low for the month of it's release.

Starfy has enough moves in the games to get by and he'd have even more to work with if he were given some of Starly's moves. Combined with Starly's attacks, he'd have 6 attacks that come from the games which is just fine considering how most of the characters in Smash only have a few moves taken directly from their games. He has stuff to work with which, if anything, I see as consideribly better than not having anything signature at all.
It's not that he has no moves, it's that he can't fight. His mars are kind of small, and I can't see him do kicks and stuff. All the moves I can think for him are spins. he doesn't seem like a fighter.

Also, The Last Story is starting to win me over (perhaps becuase Xenoblade is too weird. The enemies look off, or the character designs are pretty good). So, how about a scan.

I thought the characters (Elza and Kanan) could fight like tag team. Maybe you switch with their Down B. I got the idea from something for his blog post. "that there is a "wall" between them." Made me think that it's not one character and other less important characters, but two main characters. Maybe they switch off.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why is it that I'm one of the few people that seems to remember that Mewtwo and Roy were planned for Brawl which would thereby negate several theories regarding their removal?

I really want to see more regarding The Last Story. The music on the main website is beautiful. I'm curious though as to what the battle system will be like in this game. Also, for the Down b switch, assuming this "wall" isn't some sort of emotional conflict between the two (given the theme of human emotion), it would be nice to see a different take on the transformation gig.

Speaking of which, I think the Down B transformation should be changed to that unused D-Pad input. It would be an extra move for these type of characters.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i think sakurai put that data in the game for the lulz to trick people in to thinking that he planned them.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@SmashChu

No, 19th seems pretty decent for its first North american release. Not to mention its going up against EVERY GAME sold those two months. Thats a pretty big feat. You make it sound like Starfy was this almighty North american series that had a flop game. "Yeah ninteen is pretty low" Maybe if starfy was Mario, or Halo.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Kuma, how does either of their planned inclusion in Brawl detract from what me or Fatman said? He may have been planned, but for whatever reasons, he didn't make the cut in favor of others. For all we know, the development team decided to put him in, but when they realized that they couldn't get everyone in they went "eh, he was a (ad character/not that popular/Japan only/Insert other reason here) so we can cut him out" or anything else. There's honestly no way of knowing what exactly took him out of the running. But in the end, the fact that he was cut from one game leaves open the distinct possibility that he can get cut from another, especially given certain scenarios.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Super Smash bros 4 better have some Super Mario Galaxy 2 music in it. That is the best and most epic VG soundtrack out right now.

Whoever hacks and puts songs on their ssbb. Add some of those songs if u can...I'm telling you they are too nice! :)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Kuma, how does either of their planned inclusion in Brawl detract from what me or Fatman said? He may have been planned, but for whatever reasons, he didn't make the cut in favor of others. For all we know, the development team decided to put him in, but when they realized that they couldn't get everyone in they went "eh, he was a (ad character/not that popular/Japan only/Insert other reason here) so we can cut him out" or anything else. There's honestly no way of knowing what exactly took him out of the running. But in the end, the fact that he was cut from one game leaves open the distinct possibility that he can get cut from another, especially given certain scenarios.
Mewtwo has files for effects for his attacks, his final smash, and an image for Classic victory. Roy and Mewtwo both have files for their own victory theme. Every character in the game (save Wolf) has one. Also, Roy and Mewtwo fit too well into the current roster. Do this
  1. Take the current roster
  2. Remove Random and Sonic
  3. Move Mr. Game &Watch and Snake to the bottom
  4. Put Ness and Lucas on top of them
  5. You can now fit Mewtwo and Roy in Ness and Lucas's old spots

Also, notice how the number of playable characters is 39? Seems like a weird number to stop at. But remove Sonic and add in Roy and Mewtwo, and it's 40. Also, the SSE worked despite characters being removed. Roy and Mewtwo were probably like Jigglypuff, Wolf and Toon Link, where they were not part of the story. Sonic was added late into development, so I think they put him in and had to come somewhere else. There are also two floating door that are not used for characters. One in Skyworld and the other in The Lake Side (I think that's the name). Those characters were probably there.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
They were both cut fairly well into development but, as I said, were cut for whatever reason. The theory that if you remove Sonic, you can suddenly put in those two doesn't make sense by virtue of the fact that you're only removing Sonic. (Also, it doesn't make sense given the character select screen's order. A more likely solution to that character layout problem could be that there was just going to be a 5th member for each column instead of 4th, but there's a bit of logical flubs in that too)

And the 39 becoming 40 also doesn't make sense given the fact that if Sakurai wanted that, he could have just went and did that given how both of those characters were already established from their previous games. It would have been easy enough to just ad in at least one of them to reach that rounded off 40, but they decided not to. Can you give more information on this floating door thing though?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
They were both cut fairly well into development but, as I said, were cut for whatever reason. The theory that if you remove Sonic, you can suddenly put in those two doesn't make sense by virtue of the fact that you're only removing Sonic. (Also, it doesn't make sense given the character select screen's order. A more likely solution to that character layout problem could be that there was just going to be a 5th member for each column instead of 4th, but there's a bit of logical flubs in that too)
Because only Sonic was added later into development. He is the only X factor. Not sure how the order effects it.

And the 39 becoming 40 also doesn't make sense given the fact that if Sakurai wanted that, he could have just went and did that given how both of those characters were already established from their previous games. It would have been easy enough to just ad in at least one of them to reach that rounded off 40, but they decided not to. Can you give more information on this floating door thing though?
First, why is it always the same five words. "Doesn't make sense," "Given the facts," "by virtue of fact."

Again, you forget that Sonic was added later on when a lot of the game was finished. There are going to be some cuts here and there because of it. He probably couldn't have just added a character.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I think it'd be cool if Marth utilized his Artwork shield, why not? Giving his current moveset to Roy or Sigurd would be fine with me, though I suppose Roy is more logical.

And @Pieman

Using the Character select screen is a lame reason. Moving around the Selection screen is not a momentous task, it wouldn't be all that difficult to rework it with Sonic out and Roy/Mewtwo in. Granted it would look different, but it could be done easily.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Because only Sonic was added later into development. He is the only X factor. Not sure how the order effects it.
That's not an excuse. For one, its fairly clear that Toon Link, Jiggs, and Wolf were also added in latter, especially Wolf who didn't have a victory tune. Also, even if Sonic was an X factor, that doesn't explain why two characters would be cut. There wasn't a space issue, and as I said before, there should be a time issue since they both had moveset made for them earlier.

Actually, given the Wolf thing, its clear that he was finalized after Mewtwo and Roy were cut, which means that they were cut prior to Sonic being confirmed for the game.

First, why is it always the same five words. "Doesn't make sense," "Given the facts," "by virtue of fact."
My writing pattern I suppose. :psycho:

@Panandero

He's the one who brought up the character select screen. As it stands the roster actually came out in a fairly organized, which means Sakurai could have had a set limit on these things, though that doesn't really explain Roy being cut since the select screen could have been retooled for that one. As I've said before, its likely Mewtwo being in would have meant that Jiggs would have been out, so it probably wouldn't have reached five slots anyways.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
What about the whole Mewtwo cut for Lucario and Roy cut for Ike thing?
That seems logical to me. The again both the whole ran out of time arguement and the whole sonic as this X factor make sense. I think all three of the arguements went into play. Maybe it happened a little like this:

Nintendo says Sakurai, no more pushing the release date! We need smash bros out there by: (insert actual date of release) Sakurai says, "okay well, we have to add sonic in, afterall we already revealed him to everyone. And we already finished out select screen. Forty slots. Soo who to drop, Roy, Wolf, Jigglypuff, mewtwo or toon link? And he picks mewtwo and roy.

Maybe becasue dropping toon link gives Loz on three characters, less than in melee. Keeping Mewtwo gives pokemon more of a representation than Loz. Adding wolf would please the "More villains fans" Jiggs is already a smash staple. And Roy isnt.

This sounds plausible. I think.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Pieman your speculations are about the same as Smashchu's. The fact is they were to be playable in Brawl, then they were not. No one knows the reason for it, we can go round and round debating the fragments of information we have and still never come to that definitive conclusion. It does not matter why they were cut, what matters is if people want them back? Judging by some of the larger, older polls on this site alone the majority favors their return. Hardly concrete, none the less it is worth something. I know, at least in Mewtwo's case, a lot of us college gamers who grew up on Pokemon still hold a fondness for his character. He was the "villain" Pokemon, unstoppable and brutal. A lot of those same people played Melee too and considered Mewtwo one of the best characters in the game (note I did not say fighters.)

The reason I rambled on with my last paragraph is because I know what your rebuttal will be. "He is not as popular/relevant as he once was. He'll fade further into obscurity with Black/White." Or you will go on about how the first generation is being over represented, which is nonsense. As has been stated, Smash Bros is not the U.S House of Representatives it is a game; which is built upon a roster of characters people like or are added for surprise. Yes in game advertising goes on but is very limited and only goes so far.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pieman your speculations are about the same as Smashchu's. The fact is they were to be playable in Brawl, then they were not. No one knows the reason for it, we can go round and round debating the fragments of information we have and still never come to that definitive conclusion. It does not matter why they were cut, what matters is if people want them back? Judging by some of the larger, older polls on this site alone the majority favors their return. Hardly concrete, none the less it is worth something. I know, at least in Mewtwo's case, a lot of us college gamers who grew up on Pokemon still hold a fondness for his character. He was the "villain" Pokemon, unstoppable and brutal. A lot of those same people played Melee too and considered Mewtwo one of the best characters in the game (note I did not say fighters.)

The reason I rambled on with my last paragraph is because I know what your rebuttal will be. "He is not as popular/relevant as he once was. He'll fade further into obscurity with Black/White." Or you will go on about how the first generation is being over represented, which is nonsense. As has been stated, Smash Bros is not the U.S Congress of Representatives it is a game; which is built upon a roster of characters people like or are added for surprise. Yes in game advertising goes but is very limited and only goes so far.
By the look of the two new legendaries for Black and white, they have a mewtwo feel. And i seriously think mewtwo will be returning in black and white. I dont know why. Part of me thinks i read it somewhere about mewtwo most likely returning. You should check out the new legendaries, i think they have this ominous mewtwo esk feel. Unlike dialga/palkia.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Of course Mewtwo is returning. Every Pokemon is returning. He's not going to have an important role though.

And whatever the reasons were that they were cut do matter, because they could effect them again. The fact that people want them back may be a factor that can get them in, but people would have wanted them before Brawl came out, but something caused them to get cut. Its true that unless Sakurai actually says something about it, we will never know the truth, but whatever those reasons were, they are important to this, and could lead to insight as to how other characters could potentially be cut.

And it is close to a congress no matter how much you want to deny it. Characters who best represent a series are the characters who get in, and the FE and Pokemon series in particular seem to have a focus on two certain parts, the first and the latest. For Pokemon we already have more than enough characters representing the first games, so its best to give a new character spot to someone who's recent.

@Shortie: The notion that Lucario replaced Mewtwo and Ike replaced Roy is very very faulty, especially if you believe that both happened for the same reasons. If Lucario replaced anyone, it was Pichu, since that would make sense as the latest generation Pokemon. Mewtwo was almost certainly replaced by Pokemon Trainer, who was a out of left field character from gen 1. Either way, Mewtwo was planned at the same time that Lucario was planned, (same applies to Roy and Ike) so that also shoots down the "replaced" theory. Its actually likely though that Mewtwo was probably competing with a spot as the last Pokemon rep against Jigglypuff, as Jiggs is clearly a very late addition, while Mewtwo can be seen as the character who was last cut and farthest down in development.

In otherwords it was probably supposed to be [Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario] but someone came up with PT and it became [Pikachu, PT, Lucario, ???] and it took a bit of time for the team to decide of Jigglypuff rather than Mewtwo.

DotheDiddyMonkeyDance

Smash Apprentice
If you ask me the only reasons to why those some of those characters got left out is because Brawl did not want to have a clone system. Which to a degree I can understand not having the Clones but that still doesn't mean characters should've been cut. Espically Mewtwo and Roy considering there are differences in their attacks compared to Marth and or Ike and Lucario. I personally think when Smash 4 comes out due to Sakusuk isnt going to be working on it I think that All the Brawl characters should stay Reinstall the vets and inculde more characters.

Overall though if the smash devs are smart they should only make usless characters AT's if they decide to add them in again.

for the characters I would like to see added in the next smash game I would like to see some of the ATs turned playable also like Lyn, Issac, Waluigi. Maybe add in some more Fzero characters and possibly maybe some more 3rd Party roster characters like Megaman, Zero, and Protoman.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Pieman
You obviously don't know how the U.S. House of Representatives works in terms of its members.

The number of representatives per state is proportional to the the national population as of the latest census while still maintaining the constant number of 435 representatives (the reason why the number of reps fluctuate in the states after every census). If SSB functioned similarly, the series with the biggest sales would get the most characters. In this case, Mario would have the most characters while series like Earthbound would be lucky just to have a stage.

The roster is based on fan service. It has nothing to do with how recent or old a character is.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Pieman

Oh yeah, I forgot you know exactly whats going to happen in black and white. I still think Mewtwo will play an important role, its just a feeling.
And Kuma is totally correct that its based on fan service. Look at characters like rob and Sonic. Both fan service characters. Like everyone keeps saying Sonic was thrown in the middle of production.

If everyone in the world was Crazy over hsien Ko (My Avatar) then we would have had her and not Sonic.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A Chinese vampire in my Super Smash Bros? This could get interesting. I need to see to it, though, that Capcom makes a new Darkstalkers.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
And whatever the reasons were that they were cut do matter, because they could effect them again. The fact that people want them back may be a factor that can get them in, but people would have wanted them before Brawl came out, but something caused them to get cut.
You say that as if nobody wanted them to return pre-Brawl? I can guarantee you that was simply not the case. A lot of people just kind of assumed Roy and Mewtwo would return like most of the rest of the cast. Sure, there were some people who wanted to see Deoxys replace Mewtwo but the majority still favored a Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, new Pokemon set up. A lot of people assumed Roy would return along with a new FE rep, which clearly did not happen.

And it is close to a congress no matter how much you want to deny it. Characters who best represent a series are the characters who get in, and the FE and Pokemon series in particular seem to have a focus on two certain parts, the first and the latest. For Pokemon we already have more than enough characters representing the first games, so its best to give a new character spot to someone who's recent.
No it is not. There is nothing stating that every generation NEEDS a character. This is about fan service and not fairness because somebody is awlays going to be unhappy, the companies job is to make sure that group is the lowest denominator possible. Who is to say we cannot have Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, and a new Pokemon in the next installment? Not every series has to be represented, all Gamefreak cares about is the latest one (that would be Black/White), as long as have that they could care less. The only variable is second generation Pokemon with the release of HeartGold and SoulSilver, in which case Pichu may have a shot at returning (as unpopular as that is to say). If they're smart they might incorporate him into a "Zero Suit Samus" alternate for Pikachu, maybe a new Final Smash? De-evolution?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I remember the De-Evolution spray from the Pokemon TCG, but when has anything of the sort happened in the games?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well you know the Chinese make everything interesting :p

Hopefully, capcom revives the beautiful series so morrigan has her chance at smash :D

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Mind you that she would have so many people in the way (Megaman, Ryu, Chun-Li, Chris, Jill, etc.). More of the reason that Nintendo vs. Capcom should happen. Complete with Morrigan using her TvC model.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Mind you that she would have so many people in the way (Megaman, Ryu, Chun-Li, Chris, Jill, etc.). More of the reason that Nintendo vs. Capcom should happen. Complete with Morrigan using her TvC model.
True, though i think virtually all video game characters can fit into smash. Megaman just makes more sense. Personally I would love to see bubble bobble hit smash as a sort of Nastolgic 3rd party character, like megaman or Pac-man.

Nintendo vs Capcom would either be an epic match

or an ultimate fail.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I remember the De-Evolution spray from the Pokemon TCG, but when has anything of the sort happened in the games?
Not sure, it was just an idea off the tip of my head. There are other ways Nintendo could implement Pichu as an alternate for Pikachu outside of just the Final Smash route.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still fond of the alternate style thing El Panadero has brought up before. Only a select few characters would have this. In this case, we would have Pichu for Pikachu.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
i think sakurai put that data in the game for the lulz to trick people in to thinking that he planned them.
Sakurai, the ultimate troll. :laugh: I honestly hate the forbidden 7 discussions that routinely pop up here. They get tiresome so fast. Roy was no longer relevant, Dr. Mario was a waste of a character space from the get-go, Toon Zelda/Sheik would have undoubtably caused more complaining than Toon Link and ROB's inclusion combined, nobody even knows what the heck Pra_Mar was supposed to be, and Mewtwo would have probably returned with the same crappy, uninspired moveset given what we saw with all the other returning characters. Dixie might have been okay but she's far from a character that I could genuinely get excited about.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Unless Roy's game gets remade and released in all three major regions, I seriously doubt he'll ever come back. It's not outside the realm of possibility because of what Intelligent Systems has been doing as of late but that doesn't mean that they will especially with GBA only being two generations ago (as compared to 4-5 with Marth's games).
There's an interview with IS leads floating around where they're asked which FE games they'd like to remake. FE6 was among them, specifically to introduce Roy worldwide via FE itself.

The roster is based on fan service. It has nothing to do with how recent or old a character is.
Technically "fan appeal," which is a million times better since it means non-fans can enjoy them as well.

Of course it doesn't change the fact that Mewtwo and Roy have this too, which is why they're so popular in the first place. Also seems to fly over the heads of certain people who make ******** justifications for inconsistent theories.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Second

Roy was no longer relevant
How has that stopped anyone in the past? Pit wasn't very relevant until he got into Smash. We would have never said Ike was relevant if he wasn't in Brawl.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
@Kuma: I didn't say it was the same. I said it was closer. More popular series will get more characters, just like how more populus states will get more representatives. Its still not an exact match up, but there are similarities.

@Shortie: Tell me when a legendary Pokemon from a previous generation has had an important role in the next generation, and then we'll talk about Mewtwo having a chance of having an important role in Black & White.

@SP: Actually, that's only half right that people automatically assumed Mewtwo and Roy would just come back, in that this was only the case for Mewtwo, and not Roy. Given how Roy was a clone, and was still unknown outside of Smash, there was indeed quite a few people thinking he'd get the boot just like they thought Dr. Mario and Pichu would be cut. ( I can't quite recall Young Link's situation...I think people pretty much accepted that he'd become something like what Toon Link turned otu to be, though most people probably were not thinking he would be a clone.) Falco was never really questioned that much, though people thought he would show up decloned. Still, in the case of Mewtwo, it still doesn't change that people wanted him to return just how they want Pikachu, Mario, Link, and all the other shoe ins to come back for SSB4. They just don't really say it because its a given though.

Anyways, Pikachu, Jiggs, Mewtwo, PT, Lucario, and 5th/6th/whatever gen, rep IS too much for Pokemon, because that's simply too many Pokemon. Popular series get more characters, but there's a limit given to them so that they don't dominante everything. Unless other series expand in an equally large amount, there's too many Pokemon compared to other series, and if you keep on throwing back in cut characters, its going to Super Smash Pokemon. :p

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
@Pieman, your right. Just because its a new concept means it wont happen. If i do recall, the legendary birds were brought back in the forth gen. Not to mention trading arceus over to hg/ss allows for a lv. one legendary. And who says that he has to have an important role? I dont ever remeber Pichu having an important role before melee came out? Jigglypuff also had a minor role in pokemon, outside of the anime.

So the simple fact that he could come back with a role in the story at all is more than a good enough reason to bring back a smash veterain character.

And if i had to cut a character from pikachu, jiggs, mewtwo, pt, lucario (new pkmn) take out lucario. Sure he represented the forth series, but pichu represented the second series which was realitivly new when melee came out, so drop lucario and keep the four first series and the rep for the fifth gen.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Those doesn't mean they have important roles. (Espeially in the birds case) Those were just special ways to get them, which is a given as they are legendaries. And you're the one who brought up the fact that you had a "feeling" that Mewtwo would have some type of special role in B&W. (In any case, Pichu was a popular mascot type Pokemon at the time, but he was indeed added as a joke. Jiggs was the second most popular character at the time that she got into Smash 64) And the simple fact is that there is no proof that he will come back with any real role in the newer generations, and that speculation of such also means that other legendaries of past games have an equally likely chance of doing the same thing.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
These character discussions, especially with Pieman involved, are depressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom