• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Okay, so you're outright stalking him, cool.
I don't come back here particularly often, but Pieman rather sticks out from the sea of random people posting wishlists, yes? You're the other individual who truly sticks out I've noticed while occasionally lurking and not wanting to get involved like I stupidly did just now, and I've admired your bringing common sense to this thread. Main reason I still sometimes spectate. Wouldn't of bothered to reply if it was some random person who I didn't respect.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
possible stages for ganon(dorf) - Gerudo Desert, Desert Colossus, Spirit Temple (maybe not), Arbiter's Grounds, Ganon's Castle... maybe Hyrule Castle Travels through time and that it turns into Ganon's Castle a-la Fire Emblem stage warping (just a thought)..
Not to be mean, but why exactly are we speculating on Gannondorf stages when more then likely it would end up being a locale from Zelda Wii? It isn't that far off...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You know, just now my browser glitched up or something, and when I clicked last page, it logged me off. Now because of this, it did something very funky. I normally have the maximum posts per page on, which gives me about 798 pages in this topic. When the thing logged me off though, it went back to the normal amount of posts per page, and thus the amount of pages increased. It still put me on page 798, but now the pages were around 2000 or so. That being said, the first thing I noticed was that Warlord has posted there again, and for a second there I thought they were new posts, rather than something that happened a long time ago. The problem though was that Warlord was still talking about K.Rool and Dixie, and while I didn't see my name around there, I probably was arguing with him too

Heck, you see FlyingFil's sig there? I'm pretty sure that comment was even before that flashback I just got when I got logged out of my account (given how I'm pretty sure I didn't know who you were at that point, and I probably did at that other time) and I'm almost certain it came about because of K.Rool again. Honestly Warlord, I'm stupidly stubborn just like you, but at least I don't focus so much on this one thing. Also, despite the fact that when I make an opinion and post it, I am usually completely sure and confident in what I'm saying, I understand that I can be wrong despite my certainty, or that others can be just as certain about things that are the opposite of what I think. Thus I don't act all high and mighty about something that's really just trivial, or at least I try not to.

Of course if you're just trying to troll me by acting the way you do, I guess it may be working since I'm still responding.

In any case....

@ Star: You can't account for what locations are in a game that you know nothing about. We're not even sure Ganon's in there yet or where it takes place. Thus its quite pointless to just chalk it up to being a location from the next game, since for all you know there will actually be a desert like the ones from other games, or anything like that.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Posting for sig reference. ;) In some strange and twisted way, Warlord respects you too, Pieman, otherwise he wouldn't bother continuing to pick on you out of the dozens of other people that post in this thread.

I'm still 3rd in number of posts in this thread, although you, Pieman, and Kuma are way up there now. Maybe I'll try to get to at least 1000 posts!

I think the chances of seeing a Ganondorf-based stage aren't too high because he's always been an unlockable antagonist (are there any stages strictly for antagonistic characters), unless that changes in the future. I still hope for Dedede's ring, though.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
In twilight princess, what was ganondorf's ultimate fate anyway? i rented the gamecube version and passed it in roughly 7 days but that was ages ago, is there a clue where he can escape to another point in the future? im sure there was, it is already clear that WW ganon is gone forever but i think he may just return sooner than later for adult link. (i heard that adult link will be even older, is that true? how old is TP link anyways?)

(toise... i don't get it.)
(i noticed that Shortiecanbrawl is using his old username instead of the new one that he created for not liking his old username... whats up wit dat!? Warning:
i don't normally talk like this, this is just me bored of writing eloquently and punctually all the time
)

the following is for pure fun:
(M.Warlord's voice: Mataichi (Requiem: From the Darkness the one in bandages)
(SmashChu's Voice: for some reason, i hear i kid that knows what he is talking about, not that i agree, i don't even know how old all of youse guys are, i hope none of you constants are younger than I... 19...)
(Toise voice: John Witherspoon... no disrespect. it is a very prestigious voice)
ima change my icon to what my voice really sounds like when i am hyped on sugar

Edit: one last thing... this is like the only place i go to here in SWF, this very specific thread is the reason why i inquired a membership, to talk to people i have no ties with about the future of Smash... Revolution is still the better title (i hate Fracas... Rumble... and all that jazz)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ganondorf's fate was left rather vague at the end. All we know is that he gets stabbed in the heart, screams while standing, and possibly sealed up again.

Considering that the timelines are split. Technically, there are two Ganondorfs now.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@ Star: You can't account for what locations are in a game that you know nothing about. We're not even sure Ganon's in there yet or where it takes place. Thus its quite pointless to just chalk it up to being a location from the next game, since for all you know there will actually be a desert like the ones from other games, or anything like that.
Considering the game is coming out this winter I don't find it unreasonable to wait until then before we start further speculating on Zelda/Gannondorf stages. When did I ever say there wouldn't be a desert? I'm trying to say that ANY new Zelda stage outside the Toon series will model a location after the latest Zelda. Any speculation should be withheld until, but this is just my opinion after all.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Ganondorf's fate was left rather vague at the end. All we know is that he gets stabbed in the heart, screams while standing, and possibly sealed up again.

Considering that the timelines are split. Technically, there are two Ganondorfs now.
And both Ganondorfs are dead. Have you already forgotten the fate of the other Ganondorf? The one who got stabbed in the head, turned into stone, and left behind at the bottom of the ocean...? Yeah, that Ganondorf. There is a reason why he isn't in Phantom Hourglass nor Spirit Tracks, the direct sequels to The Wind Waker.

No one except DekuBoy noticed my Kremling Kruise post? I am sad. :( I thought for sure that it would be something original and unique to get the Donkey Kong Country fans excited.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Do you think Vaati's will be another forgoten character? Whats his chances in SSB4?

*he is my favorite Zelda character :)*

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And both Ganondorfs are dead. Have you already forgotten the fate of the other Ganondorf? The one who got stabbed in the head, turned into stone, and left behind at the bottom of the ocean...? Yeah, that Ganondorf. There is a reason why he isn't in Phantom Hourglass nor Spirit Tracks, the direct sequels to The Wind Waker.

No one except DekuBoy noticed my Kremling Kruise post? I am sad. :( I thought for sure that it would be something original and unique to get the Donkey Kong Country fans excited.
Only one is "dead". The Ganondorf in Twilight Princess can easily come back.

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
you know, in theory, if someone were to swim down and release the master sword he could get revived but, No. only the chosen one could do that right? like King Arthur? no, wait, nowhere in the series actually says that it must be the chosen to release the master sword.

an excellent way to revive toon Ganon, however, that won't happen will it. it's too far down for someone to swim and all of the zoras are apparently gone. (imagine a zora wielding the master sword as the bad guy being controlled by ganondorf)

another kooky theory of mine is that there is a greater evil rivaling that of the great king of evil and the Queen Faerie felt it was vital to relinquish the master Sword to combat this greater threat so she retrieved it from the bottom of the sea.

though that is just crazy talk, right? nintendo wouldn't take game advice from a common psychopathe artist.

oh and i did notice the kremlin cruise. it is fine so long as there isn't another boat ride in the game. (rainbow cruise, Pirate ship)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Vaati is already a forgotten Zelda character. His last major appearance was The Minish Cap, which was released in 2004.

We also have two pirate ship stages in Brawl. Pirate Ship and Rainbow Cruise. So I don't see any issues with Kremling Kruise appearing in SSB4 with another pirate ship stage, especially when they are all nothing alike.

With that in mind, what makes Pieman think Rainbow Road and a Galaxy stage would be the same if the only thing they have in common is that they take place in outer space? I mean, both stages may be in outer space but they wouldn't be exactly the same. Rainbow Road would feature kart drivers and possibly Chain Chomps. A Galaxy stage would feature gravity and possibly Pull Stars or Launch Stars.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think the chances of seeing a Ganondorf-based stage aren't too high because he's always been an unlockable antagonist (are there any stages strictly for antagonistic characters), unless that changes in the future. I still hope for Dedede's ring, though.
Why should that matter? There are unlockable stages as well, are there not?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Why should that matter? There are unlockable stages as well, are there not?
True, but with the possible exception of Halberd, how many stages have there been in Smash Bros. can we say are solely dedicated to the main antagonist of a series? I know this probably isn't a legitimate argument, but it's just an observation.

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
spongebob anyone? xD but anyway, onto seriousness. im not going to talk about new characters because there are probaly hundreds, so im gonna talk about the current ones who will hopefully be there for another round of ssb (if there is another :().

firstly, mk NEEDS to be majorly nerfed, im not just talkin about being weaker either. he needs lower PRIORITY, a nerfed shuttle loop (without its gay gimp killing) no more infinite dimensional cape, but let him keep the move (: . and no more dash grabs, theyre sick.

i would love to see fox and falco back up on top tier together, and a better look for fox. fox must be buffed. they nerfed him, cf, and others too hard. and would it kill anyone to make the last hit of his dair a spike? id like to see how that goes. im just going to focus this paragraph on the space animals, not just fox. and give falco his dtilt back! he needs to interfere with teh opponents d-hit moves :mad:. im not so sure how to make wolf better, so ill leave him alone. let the starfox legacy of top-tierness live on!

Kantō

Smash Champion
nintendo is def. gunna include chartacters that are fresh and new to go with whatever games are out at the time. im all for mewtwo coming back, but i highly doubt the pokemon trainer will be on SSB4, or at least he will be training different pokemon.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Vaati is already a forgotten Zelda character. His last major appearance was The Minish Cap, which was released in 2004.

We also have two pirate ship stages in Brawl. Pirate Ship and Rainbow Cruise. So I don't see any issues with Kremling Kruise appearing in SSB4 with another pirate ship stage, especially when they are all nothing alike.

With that in mind, what makes Pieman think Rainbow Road and a Galaxy stage would be the same if the only thing they have in common is that they take place in outer space? I mean, both stages may be in outer space but they wouldn't be exactly the same. Rainbow Road would feature kart drivers and possibly Chain Chomps. A Galaxy stage would feature gravity and possibly Pull Stars or Launch Stars.
Ugh, again the difference here is not only the change between series (and the fact that one is actually a ship and the other is an airship) but rather that the two stages were not created in the same game. One was made for Melee and the other was made for Brawl, but in Brawl they just brought back the Melee one. Its not the same thing as making two new stages that are from the same series and in the same general location.

And yes a Rainbow Road stage could be different in the same way that Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 are different and how all the Yoshi's Island stages are different, but it still seems very unlikley that they'd make two stages in around the same location, both being in the same series. Given how many locations the Mario series has it would seem like a waste to make two of them go into outer space. Incidently though, as I've said before, I'm almost certain at this point that a Galaxy stage would be set on the Spaceship Mario from SMG2.

True, but with the possible exception of Halberd, how many stages have there been in Smash Bros. can we say are solely dedicated to the main antagonist of a series? I know this probably isn't a legitimate argument, but it's just an observation.
Brinstar Depths?

@Star: It is unreasonable because we know nothing about it. It could be coming out tomorrow, but we can't talk about anything in it that would link up to Smash 4 if we haven't even seen a picture of the actual game. We probably will get some screens at E3, and then we can start talking about how the game could be linked with Smash 4, but until then its completely pointless to talk about other then random speculation.

perfectionless

Smash Rookie
I'd like to see Sonic and Tails as one character Kinda like the Ice Climbers where you play as one of them and the other follows you around and attacks when you attack and stuff like that

And also I'd like to see Knuckles as a playable more than Shadow

...Don't get me wrong, I like Shadow, It's just I think he'll more likely be a clone of Sonic and that'd be a bit of a dissapointment to me...not only that but Knux was Sonic's FIRST rival (Ignoring the Sega & Nintendo rivalry) with his set of strengths (His ability to glide, the ability to latch on to walls thanks to the spikes on his knuckle, his strength, the ability to use the M.E, And go Hyper Knuckles) and weaknesses (Decent Speed, could probably be a heavy character, and maybe abit slow on attacks) which, to me, would make for a pretty fun character

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
I generally assume they focus more on a stage's relation to a single game (or the series overall in some cases) rather than a specific character. If it manages to cover both like Peach's Castle or Port Town, then neat, but I don't figure they'd do Mt. Dedede or somewhere similar just because it's someone's home.

@Augusto: Was expecting Reginald VelJohnson to match Doc Louis.
Yeeah boy!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
yeah, i never saw die hard and i am about to watch season 3 of the Boondocks.

about the stages. its really based on the main setting of the games, right? SM64 was mostly at the Castle, however, they can have as many stages as they see fit, correct? how many people really want to see past stages melee return anyways? you guys are greedy to want past stages melee and past stages brawl at the same time, was Hyrule Temple overrated? i love it but it needs to go.

try to separate what i said above into their own paragraphs cuz im not gonna. CRAMMMED!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Star: It is unreasonable because we know nothing about it. It could be coming out tomorrow, but we can't talk about anything in it that would link up to Smash 4 if we haven't even seen a picture of the actual game. We probably will get some screens at E3, and then we can start talking about how the game could be linked with Smash 4, but until then its completely pointless to talk about other then random speculation.
I'm not saying we need to discuss Zelda Wii stage ideas, but speculating on soon to be outdated stages does not seem logical. Especially when the current Zelda series is always reflected in Super Smash Bros.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm not saying we need to discuss Zelda Wii stage ideas, but speculating on soon to be outdated stages does not seem logical. Especially when the current Zelda series is always reflected in Super Smash Bros.
No, its a bad idea to disregard them because we don't know if locations or ideas from previous games will be reused or not. Yes you can possibly dismiss the notion that there will be a specific stage from lets say...Majora's Mask, but that doesn't change the fact that there could be something that is pretty much the same as Clock Town or Great Bay. Thus when that one poster suggested a stage based around Gerudo Desert stage for Ganon, you have to remember that the Gerudo Desert is a location in both OoT as well as TP, and thus can be a location in Zelda Wii for all we know.

@Third Koopa: Then make one. >:V

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
It's just so hard to think about something to debate about that won't backfire.

Ah well, I'll go for 2 topics so one won't. One less debateable of course

1.Mario series. Yes, I'm going for this debate again. Toad vs Bowser Jr vs The possibility of no new mario newcomer.

There's really not much that's happened to warrant either of the two, but what do their futures point to? To top that, Bowser Jr has been in most of the main games to date. Toad started to become relevant again as a major character in NSMBWii but will it last? By the looks of what we have on SMG2 it doesn't seem like Toad -Or for that matter, potentially Bowser Jr- Seem to have much relevance.

Also to Arc so this debate doesn't suck; do not put out a gigantic wall of text that gives me a headache and has such little content. They're terrible and end up repeating this debate badly which I want to avoid. Thanks (Assuming you listen)

In fact here's a new challenge. Be direct on your stances on it. Don't give me a wall of text with absolutely no punctuation. Think of The other possibilities this time instead of just "LOL I WANT THE CHARACTER I WANT" - How probable are they to you? What is your stance on those despite being "Less Likely" to you?

There. I can't really think up anything else outside of character debates since my mind is cluttered but don't disappoint me with this. I want to see what this can flourish the thread into and if it can flourish back good.

2. Could the next smash game potentially be 3D? I mean 3D as in effects. After the 3DS if the next console is...

How about we just assume it is and there's an off switch. For those who put it on, how would it enhance the experience? Would it just be "MOAR CG NOW!" or would it be something to actually utilize play now? Like how about SSE?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Hyrule Temple and the music it came with are from Zelda II: The Adventure of Link. that game was 1988, what was that on the word that i really dislike?
(always, never, everyone, every time, etc... i really dislike >"Absolute words"<, i made << that word up to coin the Finite Depiction of a thing. but still i digress)

i still respect you.

edit: i just researched it, i guess i didn't make it up, but still i came up with it all on my own without a lexicon.
(hehehe i was right?!)

@Koopa
1. Toad 15%, Bowser Jr. 30%, No New Mario Newcomer 50%, Fawful 5% (even though you didn't say fawful, again, i have no soul, i base it on the forums that i don't join and youtube videos and add Gus Spice on top)
2. i think that smash bros. DS rumble (fan made homebrew) is a nifty idea but that they won't consider smashing on the go until 3DS has been preceeded by 8th generation handheld.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
There's really not much that's happened to warrant either of the two, but what do their futures point to? To top that, Bowser Jr has been in most of the main games to date. Toad started to become relevant again as a major character in NSMBWii but will it last? By the looks of what we have on SMG2 it doesn't seem like Toad -Or for that matter, potentially Bowser Jr- Seem to have much relevance.
Junior and the Toad Brigade are in SMG2. There's videos of Junior fights and I'm 99% sure the Toad Brigade will do the exact same thing they did in the first game.

Pretty standard stuff for both, though I still maintain neither will get in.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well they are both reaffirming their status. Bowser Jr as the number 2 villain,, and Toad as a generic speicies. :V

In any case, I only see the "no new Mario character" possibility if the other series around it don't get many new characters.

CyberMario

Settle It
3DS FC
3351-4726-1926
Wow. First Post on Active Thread

31,000+ pages... Now that's way over 9000 :psycho:

Besides the lame joke. Here's what I wish for:

New Characters:
- Rayman
- Megaman
- Banjo-Kazooie
- Toad
- Bowser Jr.
- King K. Rool
- Tails (Of course!)
- Shadow
- Knuckles
(Rest of Sonic characters can go suck it. So many unecessary characters :mad:)
- Mii
- Your own customizable character!

New Features:
- Full 3D playabilty (go towards the background, go to foreground)
- Chat feature in online play
- Online 2P Adventure Mode
- A Online community for people to share secrets, tecqniecs, cha-- no wait...

Besides that Brawl has it all covered. I really love the effort the developers put into Brawl. I don't think people give them enough credit. I know Brawl has it's (microscopic) downsides. But people need to relax and be happy with what we got.

(Although a portable Smash Bros. would be a major boner...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom