• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tytry8

Smash Rookie
they need to change captain falcons final smash into some kind of super FALCON PAWNCH
oh and add viewtiful joe from tatsunoko Vs. capcom and his final smash will be his high speed mach

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Kuma, a 5th generation Pokemon IS pretty much guaranteed. Smash Bros. is going to have to keep up with the times, which is why Pokemon like Lucario and Pichu were added in the first place (I realize Pichu was a "joke" character, but you really can't deny that the majority of his inclusion was due to him being a recognizable face of the 2nd generation). There will no doubt be a popular, recognizable Pokemon of the fifth generation that gets a bunch of attention, including attention from Sakurai or whoever might develop Smash 4.

And the there really wasn't much of a backlash after Mewtwo was cut. It definitely wasn't enough to stop anyone from buying Brawl. Honestly, if you found out there was no Mewtwo in SSB4, would that stop you from buying the game? No, that would be utterly ridiculous. If it did, however, and the "backlash" was really that big, then maybe the developers would do something about it.

I think Lucario will stay, Mewtwo's time is up. Sorry.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
What's your logic though?

Lucario is a nobody with the arrival of the 5th gen

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
What's your logic though?

Lucario is a nobody with the arrival of the 5th gen
I've stated my logic quite a few times now. My "5th-Slot Theory" which you happen to agree with. With a fifth slot in the Pokemon series, there will be room for the Brawl Pokemon representatives plus a 5th generation Pokemon, which seems pretty much guaranteed despite what everyone says.

There is only one case in which I believe Lucario will be replaced. If there happens to be another Pokemon/pokemon character in the 5th generation that is popular, recognizable, and has potential, Lucario could definitely be replaced. But I still don't think that is very likely.

I am quite sure that Mewtwo will not make a comeback. The "backlash" at his removal really wasn't great enough to make a difference. Would it stop anyone from buying Brawl? No, that would be ridiculous. Maybe if something like that happened (in a large scale) than developers would reconsider Mewtwo, but ven then...Mewtwo's chances seem low. His time is up.

And what about characters like Sheik? Sheik is pretty much a nobody in the Legend of Zelda series now, yet she remains in the Smash Bros. series. Lucario also helps fill in that generation gap. He would still be popular among smashers and recognizable among many.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Another possible theory is that they were going to put in Mewtwo back in Brawl but then someone decided they need a new gen pokemon. You can't say Lucario and Mewtwo are not simliar in body type and moves. Lucario was probably a sudden change. Look at the others pokemon. Pikachu and Jigglypuff were the O12, Pokemon Trainer represents the old school, Mewtwo was legendary bad guy of old school, and even Pichu represented the new gen of that age.

The only way Lucario would stay in is if there was a really high demand for him (which I don't know), or if they want to represent each gen pokemon (which would be crazy).

Now I don't believe Mewtwo will be put back in but he was an awesome pokemon in general. He was a powerful psychic pokemon that everyone wanted but he was also had a dark path and according to his Brawl trophey was one the most evil pokemons ever. In Red/Blue he had more intricate history and personality then the actual pokemon trainer. So if Mewtwo is going to return I'm going to say he will be a boss.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I would love to see suicune rep for pokemon, shes one of the only pokemon who actually has one of those catchy nicknames and important image. The nickname being the..... North wind or some sort of directional wind :p
She appears in the movie pokemon 4ever, and in the new movie. Her moveset would be something new and refreshing, consisting of water, wind and ice moves, along with bites, slashes and jolts of energy. I just am a die hard suicune fan i guess, always have been and always will be.

My hopefull pokemon roster:

Pika
Jiggs
PT
Suicune/ notch ear
5th gen.

most likely whatever we are guessing is waay wrong considering sakurai has been known for his suprises! :)

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
If the new mystery Pokémon turns out to be either an evolution to Lucario or a new evolution to Riolu, then I'll laugh my *** off if it ends up "replacing" Lucario in SSB4.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
@Spyder

Lucario's inclusion was almost definitely based on his appearance in a movie and being the face of that generation. Being in Brawl made sense. With the arrival of the 5h gen there will be a new Lucario arch-type, anew Pokemon that fits the mold of new and exciting, so Lucario will lose any of his redeeming qualities, except perhaps for his personality, which Mewtwo has in a greater quantity and is more recognizable among fans, being from the "best" and classic of the two generations.

For those who thing MEwtwo will become a boss because he is evil...Bowser, Ganondorf, and DeDeDe would like to speak with you. Ridley is th eonly evil boss who is a boss, and I'm willing to bet the restrictions can apply to Mewtwo.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Lucario will end up like Deoxys- people will want Lucario in until they realise that the next gen will have some even 'cooler' Pokemon with a humanoid form and they'll instantly want that in but when it gets in they'll bash it for not being Mewtwo.

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
Mewtwo would make an excellent boss. Bowser, Ganondorf, and DeDeDe are iconic reaccuring arch-nemisis and it's much better to play them then only fight them as a boss. Ridley is the only memisis that isn't playable and that could be because he fists the boss section so well.

Mewtwo as a boss would be a surprise for Mewtwo fans and brawl veterans. Of course his moves would be modified to make him more boss like. He will be able to levitate all over the screen and have no knock back. He will use barrages of psychic balls and various confusion techniques to mess with the player.

As for 5th gen I don't want to see another humanoid pokemon. Like Shortie said having Suicune would be cool if he wasn't so big and all the wavy tails to do it. They need a smaller quadroped character like arcainine, houndoom, or persian. Not saying these character specifically but something within that body type.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
5th generation Pokemon? Wow, I didn't even know there that many pokemon, how many are there? like 600 lol?

Honestly 1st and 2nd generaton are the best, I really don't care if any of the newer pokemon make it in or not, as long as they friggin' bring back Mewtwo, and maybe add a 2nd genaration pokemon I would be happy.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Herp Derp, gone for a weekend, and there's a new Pokemon generation. If that thing turns out to be a evolution of Lucario, then I think it will take Lucario's spot. If it doesn't turn out to be a evolution of Lucario, then I think we need to know more about its typing and its fighting style before you can say it will replace him.

And again, Lucario didn't replace Mewtwo. Pokemon Trainer replaced Mewtwo. Jigglypuff almost was replaced by Mewtwo, but in the end, they decided to stick with Jigs. If anything, Lucario replaced Pichu.

Anyways @ Enzo:

The simple and generic stages do need to be improve on, because this is a platforming mode. If you're going to add in a extra mode like that, you should do it right, instead of keeping it half done. Smash isn't generally about platforming, and more about fighting, but if you start something like adding a platformer to it, you better finish what you started.

@ Toise

People will keep on believing in slots, because that's what was used in Brawl. :p

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
To be honest, I would like a lot of character surprises in the next one. Instead of Sakurai saying 'Hmm, who's a logical Zelda representative, ah yes, Tingle', I want it more like 'Hey Majora's Mask was awesome! Lets put in Skull Kid!' I find most of the logical rosters here to be very boring. I would prefer Captain Rainbow or Alexandra Roivas to most of the filler characters. Dixie Kong? Ugh.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sorry, but I really do believe the Mewtwo theory is true. The excluded data, along with Jig's position in Brawl seems to support it. It just makes no sense that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, since his position was Pichu's really, and that the one major thing that changed was the inclusion of the PT.

And Deku, while I support the inclusion of more newer series rather than going back to milking the last drops from already established series, the Majora's Mask thing doesn't really make too much sense. Its like including Geno just because you liked SMRPG. The two things are related, but not synonymous. Plus, if Majora's Mask were to be represented by a character of its own, wouldn't it be more logical (and popular) to bring back Young Link but this time with his Deku, Goron, and Zora masks? (Maybe FD for a Final Smash)

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
People still believe in slot theories? What a world.
And, what's so wrong with that? :ohwell:

Anyways @ Enzo:

The simple and generic stages do need to be improve on, because this is a platforming mode. If you're going to add in a extra mode like that, you should do it right, instead of keeping it half done. Smash isn't generally about platforming, and more about fighting, but if you start something like adding a platformer to it, you better finish what you started.
A platforming mode? I thought it was called Adventure mode. Who says it needs to be platforming, it wasn't completely platforming in Melee. Of course there were a few platforming stages, which is perfectly fine (could use a little more though), but it's called Adventure Mode, not platforming mode. Just because it's trailed off into a platformer doesn't mean in can't go back. I doubt the outcry would be that big. In fact, I'm sure fans would prefer it.

But forget it. Let's talk Pokemon.

I see why people think that Lucario might get cut, and I'll have to agree it is likely. But I'm pretty positive that Mewtwo will not get back in.

What I think will happen (or more what I'm hoping) is that Lucario gets a new evolution which replaces him, and a totally new, popular, recognizable fifth gen Pokemon also makes it in. That way, we still have Lucario in a sense, but more up to date, plus a totally new Pokemon. Keeping up to date with the Pokemon series is one of the things people here have to consider, because that is what developers will be considering.

Before you think Mewtwo will return, ask yourself, is there potential for new Pokemon that are more deserving to take the slot (YES, I said slot. DEAL WITH IT.)?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I agree. More interesting characters instead of expected. I mean, it was really exciting to figure out the roster, but going back and looking at it now, there are not many "Unexpected characters" on the list.

For unexpected characters, This is how I would place it.

SSB64
-------
Ness
C. Falcon
Jiggs

SSBMelee
--------
Marth (For US)
Roy (For US)
Mr. Game and Watch
Shiek
Pichu
Dr. Mario
Falco
Mewtwo
Young Link

SSBBrawl
---------
ROB
PT
Snake
Wolf

and that is about it. Every knew what to expect out of brawl. That is why the cast feels meh at times. Nothing really unexpected.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sorry, but I really do believe the Mewtwo theory is true. The excluded data, along with Jig's position in Brawl seems to support it. It just makes no sense that Lucario replaced Mewtwo, since his position was Pichu's really, and that the one major thing that changed was the inclusion of the PT.

And Deku, while I support the inclusion of more newer series rather than going back to milking the last drops from already established series, the Majora's Mask thing doesn't really make too much sense. Its like including Geno just because you liked SMRPG. The two things are related, but not synonymous. Plus, if Majora's Mask were to be represented by a character of its own, wouldn't it be more logical (and popular) to bring back Young Link but this time with his Deku, Goron, and Zora masks? (Maybe FD for a Final Smash)
i like the idea of the three masks and all, but if mm got a rep, it wouldnt be a THIRD link. it would more likely be majora. i couldnt see young link, take toon links spot considering toon link's horizon is still expanding. And well, young link hasnt been in a game for a good nine years...

@drag0nsythe

remember, konami begged for snake to be in melee. Anyone at that time that could get on wikipedia and read that fact could assume snake was going to be in brawl.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
i like the idea of the three masks and all, but if mm got a rep, it wouldnt be a THIRD link. it would more likely be majora. i couldnt see young link, take toon links spot considering toon link's horizon is still expanding. And well, young link hasnt been in a game for a good nine years...
not to be a purest prud or anything, but I honestly believe that Young link is toon link. It was just a natural progression of the character as time went on. Instead of going with the young link name, they wanted to try and make people believe that this link was more distant than before.

Young link is Toon link.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
A platforming mode? I thought it was called Adventure mode. Who says it needs to be platforming, it wasn't completely platforming in Melee. Of course there were a few platforming stages, which is perfectly fine (could use a little more though), but it's called Adventure Mode, not platforming mode. Just because it's trailed off into a platformer doesn't mean in can't go back. I doubt the outcry would be that big. In fact, I'm sure fans would prefer it.
What exactly is there outside of the platforming though? Just regular battles? We already have several other modes for that. It was the Adventure mode's main draw after all, and that's why when it was updated in Brawl, it went through several modifications to expand its gameplay. Its only logical to expand from their in the next game, and make improvements where necesary, instead of reverting back to the older mode and just adding more of that.

Then again though this whole argument is starting to confuse me, as I'm not quite all that sure what we're really arguing about. :psycho:

In regards to Pokemon though, my views are pretty much the same. (Lucario has a good chance of being replaced, though he still has a chance of staying. If Lucario gets a evolution, then that will almost certainly replace him, and in that case, we'll probably get one more new guy. Mewtwo probably isn't coming back)

@Shortie

Majora isn't what he said though. He said Skull Kid, which would probably have Majora's Mask. There's a difference sort of. And it doesn't really matter if it would be three Links or not, it just doesn't make sense to not have the main character of the game yet still put in the villain...Especially if its like the case of Skull Kid, which is like the case of Zant. Plus, who is to say we'd even see regular Young Link. It could just be the Deku, Goron, and Zora.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I agree. More interesting characters instead of expected. I mean, it was really exciting to figure out the roster, but going back and looking at it now, there are not many "Unexpected characters" on the list.

For unexpected characters, This is how I would place it.

SSB64
-------
Ness
C. Falcon
Jiggs

SSBMelee
--------
Marth (For US)
Roy (For US)
Mr. Game and Watch
Shiek
Pichu
Dr. Mario
Falco
Mewtwo
Young Link

SSBBrawl
---------
ROB
PT
Snake
Wolf

and that is about it. Every knew what to expect out of brawl. That is why the cast feels meh at times. Nothing really unexpected.
About Brawl, I think you might have to add the following:

Lucas (most people knew about the whole "Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in Melee" thing but they didn't want Lucas in Brawl because they were afraid he would replace Ness)
Olimar (people used to say Pikmin didn't deserve a character because it is too new and only had two games)
Toon Link (people used to say TWW Link won't be in Brawl because the cel-shaded graphics won't fit with Brawl's realistic graphics)
Zero Suit Samus (because she is not Ridley)

And lastly, the removal of Mewtwo was unexpected for most of us. Right now, I am fine with Mewtwo being gone. It would be cool to play as Mewtwo in SSB4 but he isn't that exciting since I have already played as him before - so I would like to play as new Pokemon like Meowth and the obligatory 5th gen Pokemon.

Oh, and for Melee, the Ice Climbers were pretty unexpected. Very few people remembered and even fewer people wanted them back in 2001. Many people remembered and some more people wanted Pit and Little Mac, not Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch, in Melee.

@ Shortie

No one knew that Kojima begged Sakurai to put Snake in Melee back in 2001. We learned about that in 2006, after Snake was unexpected confirmed to be playable in Brawl.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
What exactly is there outside of the platforming though? Just regular battles? We already have several other modes for that. It was the Adventure mode's main draw after all, and that's why when it was updated in Brawl, it went through several modifications to expand its gameplay. Its only logical to expand from their in the next game, and make improvements where necesary, instead of reverting back to the older mode and just adding more of that.

Then again though this whole argument is starting to confuse me, as I'm not quite all that sure what we're really arguing about. :psycho:

In regards to Pokemon though, my views are pretty much the same. (Lucario has a good chance of being replaced, though he still has a chance of staying. If Lucario gets a evolution, then that will almost certainly replace him, and in that case, we'll probably get one more new guy. Mewtwo probably isn't coming back)
why would the evolution replace him? What evidence do you have to back that up? I cannot see why. As for me, I want all characters to return, but that ain't going to happen. Many people just want cuts, cuts and more cuts.

I see it that Pikachu will stay. Jiggs will unfortunately waste a space also. PT might get the cut for a more recent or updated trainer. Lucario will get the ax and a fifth gen will stay.

About Brawl, I think you might have to add the following:

Lucas (most people knew about the whole "Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in Melee" thing but they didn't want Lucas in Brawl because they were afraid he would replace Ness)
Olimar (people used to say Pikmin didn't deserve a character because it is too new and only had two games)
Toon Link (people used to say TWW Link won't be in Brawl because the cel-shaded graphics won't fit with Brawl's realistic graphics)
Zero Suit Samus (because she is not Ridley)

And lastly, the removal of Mewtwo was unexpected for most of us. Right now, I am fine with Mewtwo being gone. It would be cool to play as Mewtwo in SSB4 but he isn't that exciting since I have already played as him before - so I would like to play as new Pokemon like Meowth and the obligatory 5th gen Pokemon.

Oh, and for Melee, the Ice Climbers were pretty unexpected. Very few people remembered and even fewer people wanted them back in 2001. Many people remembered and some more people wanted Pit and Little Mac, not Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch, in Melee.
Well, Lucas was expected because of the reason you mentioned. In hind sight, there is nothing unexpected about him. I will agree that Olimar and Toon link were unexpected. as for ZSS, if she was not in the first trailer, then yes, she would have been unexpected. I also agree that I missed IC on my list.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
not to be a purest prud or anything, but I honestly believe that Young link is toon link. It was just a natural progression of the character as time went on. Instead of going with the young link name, they wanted to try and make people believe that this link was more distant than before.

Young link is Toon link.
Irregaurdless, i wont expect a third link, nor would i expect toon link to use the deku, goran or zora masks.

only mario, link, and PT should get alternate versions of themselves, and even then, each should get 2 tops.

Mario/Paper mario
Link/Toon link
PT/Female PT from 2nd or 5th gen.
i wouldnt expect a third or fourth gen female pt. They just remind me of may and dawn from the anime :/ Which is a thousand times worse now that they have new voice actors.

@Arc, oh sorry, i was 8 when melee came out soo, i started researching ssb history around 06.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Irregaurdless, i wont expect a third link, nor would i expect toon link to use the deku, goran or zora masks.

only mario, link, and PT should get alternate versions of themselves, and even then, each should get 2 tops.

Mario/Paper mario
Link/Toon link
PT/Female PT from 2nd or 5th gen.
i wouldnt expect a third or fourth gen female pt. They just remind me of may and dawn from the anime :/ Which is a thousand times worse now that they have new voice actors.
True. One could argue (poorly, but they could try.) that Mario's second is Luigi.

Still, for a female PT, I would like to see her pokemon being
Jiggs, Pichu, Gardivour

BG3

Smash Journeyman
@dragonscythe: I don't think Falco was unexpected for Melee. He was pretty much the obvious choice for a second Star Fox rep.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
@dragonscythe: I don't think Falco was unexpected for Melee. He was pretty much the obvious choice for a second Star Fox rep.
Maybe so. I didn't expect SF to get a second rep, but if that is the case, he prob should not be my list.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
but the fact that starfox even got a second rep could, to some be considered suprising.

@drag0nsythe

i wouldnt mind your idea for the female character. The only problem i see is which female? All the pkmn you listed come from various generations.

I would guess it to be leaf, the fr/lg female. (im pretty sure thats her name)
And lastly, i would prefer jiggs to stay its own character, shes creative and deadly in the hands of experts. I like jiggs a lot. Instead i would pick meowth, or a second evolvence 4th gen.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
but the fact that starfox even got a second rep could, to some be considered suprising.

@drag0nsythe

i wouldnt mind your idea for the female character. The only problem i see is which female? All the pkmn you listed come from various generations.

I would guess it to be leaf, the fr/lg female. (im pretty sure thats her name)
Ans lastly, i would prefer jiggs to stay its own character, shes creative and deadly in the hands of experts. I like jiggs a lot. Instead i would pick meowth, or a second evolvence 4th gen.
well, I always see Leaf. She had the best design. As for the choice of pokemon, one from a separate generation was done on purpose. Reason why I choose who I did

Jiggs - gen 1
Pichu - gen 2 and was playable
Gardivour - gen 3 and most popular non legendary I know of.

I put jiggs there because then we boarder into the to many pokemon characters realm

PT - Squ, Ivy, Char
FPT
Jiggs
Pikachu
Lucario
Mewtwo
5th Gen

Means 7 rep spaces. One could put them on the end with Random button

PT | FPT
Pikachu | Lucario
Jiggs | 5th Gen
Mewtwo | Random button

But then the pokemon franchise out classes mario (even though one could easily argue that Mario technically has 8 characters already in brawl.)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
well, I always see Leaf. She had the best design. As for the choice of pokemon, one from a separate generation was done on purpose. Reason why I choose who I did

Jiggs - gen 1
Pichu - gen 2 and was playable
Gardivour - gen 3 and most popular non legendary I know of.

I put jiggs there because then we boarder into the to many pokemon characters realm

PT - Squ, Ivy, Char
FPT
Jiggs
Pikachu
Lucario
Mewtwo
5th Gen

Means 7 rep spaces. One could put them on the end with Random button

PT | FPT
Pikachu | Lucario
Jiggs | 5th Gen
Mewtwo | Random button

But then the pokemon franchise out classes mario (even though one could easily argue that Mario technically has 8 characters already in brawl.)
But, i have a feeling that lucario wont return, because he was just added for the same reasons pichu was. still tho, that is six characters, maybe the "wii 2" will be more equipped to handle more characters? Giving Mario, Pkmn and Loz 6 reps. Maybe to make up for the lack of fifth reps in brawl?

One can dream cant they? :p

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
But, i have a feeling that lucario wont return, because he was just added for the same reasons pichu was. still tho, that is six characters, maybe the "wii 2" will be more equipped to handle more characters? Giving Mario, Pkmn and Loz 6 reps. Maybe to make up for the lack of fifth reps in brawl?

I think six slots is a bit much, even for the Big Three. By the way, the current Wii IS equipped to handle more characters. The only problems that they had with Brawl was time (made obvious by the delays). There was plenty of space left for more characters, ask any hacker.

Anyway, don't expect more than five slots.

About all this "unexpected" crap, take Melee out of the picture. With Melee being the second game in the series, anything could have been expected from the time of SSB64 to Melee. Some people may have even guessed that there wouldn't be an increased roster.

When talking about expected and unexpected, think Melee to Brawl. That's how we will be thinking from Brawl to SSB4.

Dragonscythe, really the only unexpected Brawl character was the Pokemon Trainer. R.O.B. had been popping up randomly as a guest character in games like Mario Kart DS, making him more familiar, so he was kind of expected. We all knew that Snake was almsot begged into Melee, we all knew it would happen again as well. And Wolf, the chance of another Starfox rep was pretty obvious with their games from 2002-2005. Most people did expect Krystal, however.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master

Well, DLC is also a large thing to think about in the future. They chould give us the core game with 30 characters, cutting out unnecessary characters (Like jiggs and Ness... Young link and Pichu.... and some from brawl.)

Then we can have the character DLC packs.

SSB64 pack - Ness, Jiggs, and other Heros from the N64 days.
SSBmelee pack - Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Young Link (new moveset)
SSBBrawl pack - Wolf, Lucario, who ever else people want to cut
SSB 3rd Party pack - Goemon, Pac Man, Simon Belmont, etc.

Make it 6 characters per pack. Could work out well.

But, DLC should only exist with the option of having a completed game (everything on one disc) at the end of the games cycle. Anything other than that, and I will pirate it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
ROB was unexpected because everyone thought he was just a generic enemy....although before his status as such, there were quite a few people who suggested him, if I recall.

@Drag0n.

Why wouldn't Lucario be replaced by his hypothetical evolution? If he gets one, its sure to be hyped just as much as Lucario was, and it will likely have the same abilities. A good chunk of people have even theorized that thsi Pokemon Z character is in fact the evolved form of Lucario, and if so, he will be getting his own movie and everything. Of course we really can't know for certain. None of the Pokemon so far have had new evolutions introduced after their apperance in Smash (Pichu and Igglybuff being pre-evos) so no one can really be 100% certain on it, but quite frankly, if it happens it seems like the most logical choice that not only gives us a 5th gen Poke, but also lets us keep Lucario to a degree.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
ROB was unexpected because everyone thought he was just a generic enemy....although before his status as such, there were quite a few people who suggested him, if I recall.

@Drag0n.

Why wouldn't Lucario be replaced by his hypothetical evolution? If he gets one, its sure to be hyped just as much as Lucario was, and it will likely have the same abilities. A good chunk of people have even theorized that thsi Pokemon Z character is in fact the evolved form of Lucario, and if so, he will be getting his own movie and everything. Of course we really can't know for certain. None of the Pokemon so far have had new evolutions introduced after their apperance in Smash (Pichu and Igglybuff being pre-evos) so no one can really be 100% certain on it, but quite frankly, if it happens it seems like the most logical choice that not only gives us a 5th gen Poke, but also lets us keep Lucario to a degree.
The new pokemon is not a lucario evo, im pretty sure. It looks more like a werewolf/mole esk creature. It doesnt have the spike on its hands, in fact it looks to have a claw type appendage. It seems to have a mane at the top of its neck like a furry wolf would. And its most likelyba fighting type. Fighting/dark if its a werewolf, fighting ground if its a mole creature.

yay.... another huminoid fighting pkmn for Smash :l
Suicune was just a pipe dream i spose.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Assuming there are only five slots each for Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon in SSB4... this is what I see for the Pokemon roster.

Slot #1 - Pikachu
Slot #2 - Pokemon Trainer (Red) or new Pokemon Trainer (Gold)
Slot #3 - 5th gen Pokemon
Slot #4 - Jigglypuff or Lucario or Mewtwo
Slot #5 - Jigglypuff or Lucario or Mewtwo

I really wish Meowth would be playable in Smash for once, though. :(

Knowing how Sakurai tends to take shortcuts when it comes to characters, I would think this is how the Pokemon roster would look like in SSB4...

Slot #1 - Pikachu
Slot #2 - Pokemon Trainer (Gold) - that means Sakurai had to make 3 new characters
Slot #3 - 5th gen Pokemon - and this one adds up to 4 new characters in total
Slot #4 - Lucario - so he can just reuse Lucario's Brawl data to fill in this slot
Slot #5 - Jigglypuff - so he can just reuse Jigglypuff's Brawl data to fill in this slot for the third time :rolleyes:

It is so ironic that Jigglypuff is one of my favorite characters in Melee and Brawl and yet I still want her gone in SSB4 in favor of other Pokemon.

yoichX

Smash Apprentice
I have a idea for earthbound people earthbound (Mother) together and sent a pedtion the nintendo.... why not do the same? I mean it worked for them why not try it??

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Assuming there are only five slots each for Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon in SSB4... this is what I see for the Pokemon roster.

Slot #1 - Pikachu
Slot #2 - Pokemon Trainer (Red) or new Pokemon Trainer (Gold)
Slot #3 - 5th gen Pokemon
Slot #4 - Jigglypuff or Lucario or Mewtwo
Slot #5 - Jigglypuff or Lucario or Mewtwo

I really wish Meowth would be playable in Smash for once, though. :(

Knowing how Sakurai tends to take shortcuts when it comes to characters, I would think this is how the Pokemon roster would look like in SSB4...

Slot #1 - Pikachu
Slot #2 - Pokemon Trainer (Gold) - that means Sakurai had to make 3 new characters
Slot #3 - 5th gen Pokemon - and this one adds up to 4 new characters in total
Slot #4 - Lucario - so he can just reuse Lucario's Brawl data to fill in this slot
Slot #5 - Jigglypuff - so he can just reuse Jigglypuff's Brawl data to fill in this slot for the third time :rolleyes:

It is so ironic that Jigglypuff is one of my favorite characters in Melee and Brawl and yet I still want her gone in SSB4 in favor of other Pokemon.
i feel like the only one standing up for poor jiggs :p

Jiggly is a unique, non-clone character, i dont see why she should have to leave? Maybe she should get a new attack like mario did in brawl, just to change her up a bit but she is a great character and i hope she stays.
I cant really say the same for lucario, and if mewtwo isnt changed from melee then as muchg as it pains me to say his, i dont want him back if thats the case.

Pt has a 50/50 percent changce of changing or staying the same, charazarde ivysaur and squirtle. I have always wanted to have charizard as a playable character, even when i was eight and making up my own smash bros. The characters were Pikachu, Mewtwo, Jigglypuff, Pichu, suicune, Charizard and Clefairy.

Only charizard out of my most wanted newcomers actually made it. So i hope he stays.

@YoichX
please, explain further what petition your talking about.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Jigglypuff is staying. She's been a part of the series for too long and adds some nostalgia. If she was ever going to get cut, it would have been in Melee and maybe Brawl, but that didn't happen, so I'm pretty sure Jigglypuff is staying.

I have to agree with Arcadenik. If we see 5 slots for the Pokemon series (plus Mario and Zelda), which is extremely likely, then I'm going to logically predict that it will look lke this:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario
-(5th-Generation Pokemon)

Here is another possible result:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-(Potential Lucario Evolution)
-(NEW 5th-generation Pokemon)

If ^this^ happens, than we will get both two new 5th-generation Pokemon while keeping Lucario in a sense at the same time, a win/win situation. If we only had four slots (which I believe is highly unlikely) then of course, Lucario will be replaced, no doubt about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom