• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Hi everybody :)

Im new here and very much out of the loop when it comes to ssb4 news.
So is there any? Is there any rumors?
most of the time big rumors end up having SOME truth to them :p

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Hi everybody :)

Im new here and very much out of the loop when it comes to ssb4 news.
So is there any? Is there any rumors?
most of the time big rumors end up having SOME truth to them :p
You will be waiting for awhile then because there is nothing. And there will continue to be nothing for quite awhile seeing as how Sakurai and his new team are working on a secret "hardcore" game that has nothing to do with Smash. The only impact it may have on the Smash series is if the main character of this future game were included in a SSB4 roster.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You will be waiting for awhile then because there is nothing. And there will continue to be nothing for quite awhile seeing as how Sakurai and his new team are working on a secret "hardcore" game that has nothing to do with Smash. The only impact it may have on the Smash series is if the main character of this future game were included in a SSB4 roster.
Please, it WILL be included in the roster at least on the basis that it's a Sakurai character unless the character is absolutely hated.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
whats this uber awesome game/character? Do we have any news on that? And i thought sakurai said he was done with smash bros?
At least thats what i keep hearing. I have read in a few interviews tho that he wishes he didnt have to cut soooo much stuff from brawl and how he wants to make a new/revamped brawl.

SIlly sakurai, make up your mind!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
whats this uber awesome game/character? Do we have any news on that? And i thought sakurai said he was done with smash bros?
At least thats what i keep hearing. I have read in a few interviews tho that he wishes he didnt have to cut soooo much stuff from brawl and how he wants to make a new/revamped brawl.

SIlly sakurai, make up your mind!
Sakurai is working with Nintendo on a new game.

Also, never said it was going to be "hardcore." Just that it is being made.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Any how, my number ONE complaint about brawl was the character selection, i mean i love brawl anyways, but why did they pick who they picked?! more importantly, why did they leave out some KEY characters!! Like:

Bowser Jr.: He is now like an offical mario main character. Hes been in Super mario sunshine, super mario galaxy AND new super mario bros.

Ridley: now im not a huge metroid fan but i mean poor samus is all alone! Her and capt. Falcon have been in every game and they have no other character to rep metriod and f zero.

Mewtwo: the first pokemon that didnt seem so nice and cuddly, ya know the one with an actual story line to him? He was great.

I hope the mario series, pokemon series and zelda series get AT LEAST five reps next time around.

And at least throw in one more third party. I was leaning more towards Bomber man or geno?

I would have loved to see plusle/minun team up or meowth for pokemon.

Lucario... can go. I think that he was just a character put in to amp up the hype for the fourth series pokemon game. Like pichu, and roy.

And i wouldnt mind seeing ashley or capt syrup w/ wario.

Lastly, rob, needs to stop wasteing space, sorry but i didnt once think to myself "hey rob! you deserve to be here!" haha thats far from what i think!

Lip can take his place? or isaac? ehhh? ehh? :p

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Any how, my number ONE complaint about brawl was the character selection, i mean i love brawl anyways, but why did they pick who they picked?! more importantly, why did they leave out some KEY characters!! Like:
Oh, well. This seems interesting.

Bowser Jr.: He is now like an offical mario main character. Hes been in Super mario sunshine, super mario galaxy AND new super mario bros.
Maybe, but unlikely. Only 3 games, huh? Not a very viable candidate. To be completely honest, Toad has more of a chance. But, to be fair, he does have a LOT of potential. So, I guess that balances the scale.

Ridley: now im not a huge metroid fan but i mean poor samus is all alone! Her and capt. Falcon have been in every game and they have no other character to rep metriod and f zero.
And...how exactly would that work? Based on Ridley's status in Brawl as a boss kinda cemented it as a boss. Sorry. :/ Besides, it's much too big to be an actual competitor.

Mewtwo: the first pokemon that didnt seem so nice and cuddly, ya know the one with an actual story line to him? He was great.
This, I really actually agree with. Lucario = pointless, to be perfectly honest.

I hope the mario series, pokemon series and zelda series get AT LEAST five reps next time around.
FIVE!? No way. That's way too many. That already amounts to 15 reps. Add in the rest of the main cast and you have 50* characters. Add the rest of the VERY possible candidates and you have almost 60 characters. That's WAY too many.

*check my addition, please. I did it in my head and math isn't my forte.

And at least throw in one more third party. I was leaning more towards Bomber man or geno?
Bomberman: No comment. I don't know enough about him.

Geno: Still property of Square Enix. Unless he's in 2 more Nintendo systems, he's not exactly eligible for Smash.

I would have loved to see plusle/minun team up or meowth for pokemon.
Sure, why not?

Meowth is a cool cat. *shot*

Plusle and Minun would possibly be too similar to the Pokemon icon, Pikachu. Maybe, but not exactly guaranteed.

Lucario... can go. I think that he was just a character put in to amp up the hype for the fourth series pokemon game. Like pichu, and roy.
LOLWUT.

And i wouldnt mind seeing ashley or capt syrup w/ wario.
Ew, no. [/huge bias against anything wario-related]

Lastly, rob, needs to stop wasteing space, sorry but i didnt once think to myself "hey rob! you deserve to be here!" haha thats far from what i think!
I guess. Not really sure, but whatever the director says goes.

Lip can take his place? or isaac? ehhh? ehh? :p
I guess I can see those two, but you have to make sure that they're both in 3 games on Nintendo systems.

That's just my two cents. Feel free to debate.

Edit: It's off to bed. D>

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

LOLWUT.

That's just my two cents. Feel free to debate.

Edit: It's off to bed. D>
well by the lucario, pichu and roy thing what i was saying is that, the reason roy was in melee is because he had a game coming out, and he was in a way an advertisement for the game, or a way to get people interested in upcoming games. I speculate that pichu was like that for crystal. SO i think thats what they did with lucario. He was on the roster to get ppl excited or interested in diamond, pearl and platnium.

You get it? :p

as for wario, yea i know how you feel. i used to hate wario, sooo much.

well ill do the adding for my 5 character thingy.

5 mario characters:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

Loz characters:
Link
Zelda
Toon link
ganondorf
(one of the many candidates that could rep for loz)

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Meowth
Plusle/minun

kirby series:
kirby
meta knight
king ddd

samus:
samus/zss
maybe dark samus? idk

f zero
c falcon
and that guy that looks like bat man on his game :p

earthbound:
Lucas
ness

star fox:
Fox
Falco
wolf
krystal

others
ic
mr. g&w
Lip/ isaac
olimar
pit

3rd party
sonic
snake
mega man/ bomber man/ geno

fe series:
marth
ike
Lyn?

Yoshi series:
yoshi

dk series:
dk
diddy
k rool?

thats 43, soo thats a fair amount, i would say? and it would please me :)

And as for the whole geno situation:

why would squar enix be soooo greedy and possesive that they would NOT use geno, but still NOT let Nintendo have him? Its free publicity for that character?

tsk tsk. Nintendo obviously wants him considering they have like 3 games with him being a cameo? and at the ending credits they say all characters belong to nintendo, exluding the following:
geno, who belongs to square enix

SE should sell geno to nintendo :)

well by the lucario, pichu and roy thing what i was saying is that, the reason roy was in melee is because he had a game coming out, and he was in a way an advertisement for the game, or a way to get people interested in upcoming games. I speculate that pichu was like that for crystal. SO i think thats what they did with lucario. He was on the roster to get ppl excited or interested in diamond, pearl and platnium.

You get it? :p

as for wario, yea i know how you feel. i used to hate wario, sooo much.

well ill do the adding for my 5 character thingy.

5 mario characters:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Toad ovr Bowser Junior

Loz characters:
Link
Zelda
Toon link
ganondorf
(one of the many candidates that could rep for loz)
There aren't many, pick one

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Meowth
Plusle/minun
Needs pokemon trainer and no Plusle Minum

kirby series:
kirby
meta knight
king ddd

samus:
samus/zss
maybe dark samus? idk
No Dark Samus, Ridley or no one

f zero
c falcon
and that guy that looks like bat man on his game :p

earthbound:
Lucas
ness

star fox:
Fox
Falco
wolf
krystal
No Krystal, Star Fox is complete

others
ic
mr. g&w
Lip/ isaac
olimar
pit
Issac over Lip, though they could both get in...

3rd party
sonic
snake
mega man/ bomber man/ geno
Megaman will get in first, but I'd prefer Bomberman

fe series:
marth
ike
Lyn?
Roy will get in before Lyn, most likely, though she is likely for a 4th character

Yoshi series:
yoshi

dk series:
dk
diddy
k rool?
K. Rool is good.

thats 43, soo thats a fair amount, i would say? and it would please me :)

And as for the whole geno situation:

why would squar enix be soooo greedy and possesive that they would NOT use geno, but still NOT let Nintendo have him? Its free publicity for that character?

tsk tsk. Nintendo obviously wants him considering they have like 3 games with him being a cameo? and at the ending credits they say all characters belong to nintendo, exluding the following:
geno, who belongs to square enix

Comments in bold
hooray for Geno fanboys :dizzy:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sakurai is working with Nintendo on a new game.

Also, never said it was going to be "hardcore." Just that it is being made.
Really? I could have sworn I remember reading an article where this game was described as being for the "older" crowd? My mistake then.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
In regards to the personality discussion, and disregarding that dumb anti-Ridley comment, I think changes in the character's personalities are just losses you're going to have to face when trying to create a story mode. Most of the protagonists don't have much of a personality, and what's there is just generically good. For instance Captain Falcon isn't really some flamboyant sentai guy, but rather just a good guy who keeps his cool under pressure and doesn't really emote that much.

In the end you're just going to have to change the personalities of certain characters for the sake of not stagnating the story and having too many people who are basically the same.

RickyPro

Smash Cadet
In a few threads I have been looking at, People who are talking about SSB4 have been talking about only the characters and I heard some idea that I actually agree with:
This is not a Roster, nor am I saying these characters should be added. They are just better choices, in my opinion, over what I have heard.
LoZ:
I hate Toon Link, Make Link faster, get Toon out.
If they want a toon rep, Vaati, Toon Zelda (Many possibilitis(Apparently)), ToonLink(Team of 2).

Matroid:
Ridley

Mario:
Bowser Jr., Rosalina.

Mario/Wario:
Waluigi.

Retro:
Palutena from Kid Icarus

FZero:
BlackShadow

Pokemon:
Get rid of Lucario. Get 5th Gen Rep, Fix PT, add another possibly.

FireEmblem:
Get a mage type, Lyn or Roy maybe.

Mother:
Ninten or Female Rep maybe.

3rd Party:
Possibly another Sonic Character or 2.
(Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Silver. Those are the only ones worth it. Knuckles Barely meets the importance. If they want a Villian, Shadow is the most likely. Others are still worth it.)
KOS-MOS. (I REALLY LIKED THIS IDEA)

That is pretty much all I gathered. But it was interesting to read.

Anybody say otherwise?

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
In regards to the personality discussion, and disregarding that dumb anti-Ridley comment, I think changes in the character's personalities are just losses you're going to have to face when trying to create a story mode.
Is what I said anti-Ridley? >_>;;;;;

If it is, sorry. I just don't see Ridley as a competitor is all. *shrug*

In a few threads I have been looking at, People who are talking about SSB4 have been talking about only the characters and I heard some idea that I actually agree with:
This is not a Roster, nor am I saying these characters should be added. They are just better choices, in my opinion, over what I have heard.

LoZ:
I hate Toon Link, Make Link faster, get Toon out.
If they want a toon rep, Vaati, Toon Zelda (Many possibilitis(Apparently)), ToonLink(Team of 2).
Toon Link's okay, and why would you want a Toon Zelda if you hate Toon Link? O_o And what do you mean by "team of 2?"

Metroid:
Ridley
Okay, it seems that Ridley would be put in as fanservice, so, okay.

Mario:
Bowser Jr., Rosalina.
I guess Bowser Jr. would be okay. Rosalina, as well, I guess would be okay. She would be similar to Peach and Zelda.

Mario/Wario:
Waluigi.
No.[/huge bias against anything Wario-related]

Retro:
Palutena from Kid Icarus
A goddess? Really? That's a bit too much. I was thinking that Pit and Game&Watch were enough retro characters. Personally, R.O.B. was in there for the lulz.

FZero:
BlackShadow
No comment. I don't know enough about F-Zero.

Pokemon:
Get rid of Lucario. Get 5th Gen Rep, Fix PT, add another possibly.
I agree with this. Mewtwo>Lucario and one PT is enough. Maybe put other starter sets instead of different colors. A 5th gen rep would probably be one that replaces Mewtwo, so no to the 5th gen rep.

FireEmblem:
Get a mage type, Lyn or Roy maybe.
Don't know about Lyn, but Roy should return.

Mother:
No clue about Mother/Earthbound besides the fact that Ninten = Ness.

3rd Party:
Possibly another Sonic Character or 2.
(Tails, Knuckles, Shadow, Eggman, Silver. Those are the only ones worth it. Knuckles Barely meets the importance. If they want a Villian, Shadow is the most likely. Others are still worth it.)
KOS-MOS. (I REALLY LIKED THIS IDEA)
Okay, one Sonic character is enough, in my honest and unbiased opinion.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
You said that Ridley was too big, which is a big old no-no, since we've been over this hundreds of times. Size does not matter for Smash, and we've had much screwier size changes already in the forms of Bowser, Olimar, and the Pokemon cast (Pikachu's stated height is slightly morn than a foot, while Mewtwo is about as tall as a adult man, yet look at them in Melee) Ridley's size is thus not a issue, and given that he has very high popularity, as well as a very important role in the Metroid series, he has a very good chance of making it into the next game.

@RickyPro

Toon Link isn't going anywhere. He's pretty much the standard Link now, and is the incarnation that has shown up the most at this point. The adult version of Link has only had two games as of now, and will probably only have three by SSB4 (This is discluding Crossbow Training though) Toon Link though has had 5 games at this point. Also Waluigi is only part of the Mario series.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Toon Link isn't going anywhere. He's pretty much the standard Link now, and is the incarnation that has shown up the most at this point. The adult version of Link has only had two games as of now, and will probably only have three by SSB4 (This is discluding Crossbow Training though) Toon Link though has had 5 games at this point. Also Waluigi is only part of the Mario series.
I find this incredibly ironic when you think about it. That reminds me, there needs to be a much bigger difference between the two Links. Technically, they're the same character, but why bother skimping on their potential?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Comments in bold
i dont think lucario is honestly going to stay! i mean maybe the 5th gen pokemon will be out by the time ssb4 is out. Besides, he was pretty random. i would have prefered darkrai.

But these are just my opinions, nothing to get worked up over.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
i dont think lucario is honestly going to stay! i mean maybe the 5th gen pokemon will be out by the time ssb4 is out. Besides, he was pretty random. i would have prefered darkrai.

Nah, not getting worked up just sayin.

On another note Toon Link is a great rep for his games and I like him. But yeah, they should make him more different at least in specials. Vaati couldn't and shouldn't take his place. He's had only 2 games I think (correct me if I'm wrong) and one he wasn't the main villian (again correct me). Don't get me wrong though, I like the idea of Vaati. Just not as a replacement. He'd make a good opposite for TL (plus the only other choice is Toon Ganondorf which probablly will not be happening...). And besides TL is the 4th most important loz character.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend

On another note Toon Link is a great rep for his games and I like him. But yeah, they should make him more different at least in specials. Vaati couldn't and shouldn't take his place. He's had only 2 games I think (correct me if I'm wrong) and one he wasn't the main villian (again correct me). Don't get me wrong though, I like the idea of Vaati. Just not as a replacement. He'd make a good opposite for TL (plus the only other choice is Toon Ganondorf which probablly will not be happening...). And besides TL is the 4th most important loz character.
Vaati has been in 3 Zelda games (FSA, FS, and MC). Toon Link has been in 3 games as well (WW, PH, ST)...
Vaati is much more important to Zelda than a simple clone of Link, this is coming from a diehard Zelda fan.
Wether they have different moves or not doesn't matter, I'd prefer a character who isn't just another version of the original character.

Also I'm not sure if this is relevant, but Vaati's games were MUCH better than Toon Link's games (Except maybe WW, not sure, the trading quest kind-of let it down).

@RickyPro

Lolwat.
Toon Link's had 3 games.
Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Adult Link has been in... hmmm, let's see.
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Twilight Princess
*New Zelda Wii*
3-7, I think adult Link wins.

RickyPro

Smash Cadet
When I said I hate Toon link. I mean I hate the fact that he is just a better clone of "Link". I wish they were not so similar. And I like Vaati a lot... (Sorry for that not needed potential argument) For the Pokemon thing, I would rather have anybody than Lucario honestly. Waluigi and Rosalina seem fine to me. I know nothing of Metroid or FZero, but if Ridley and Black Shadow are so hyped, then they might happen to be semi-ok choices.

n88

Smash Lord
I think way back I mentioned this before but there is no SSB4. Even all evidence in brawl points to the end. But I'll let ya'll have yer imaginations.

And I would believe you if you offered some shred of evidence. All you do is make vague allusions to gaming magazines, without ever pointing out something to support your point of view, and then get all outraged when we don't believe you. It's not impossible that that the Smash series would end, but Nintendo has a history of milking a popular franchise for all it's worth, and it would seem fairly illogical for them not to continue making Smash games when Melee was the best-selling GC game and Brawl was ~5th best-selling Wii game. Also, I don't believe I noticed anything in Brawl indicative of an end to the series.

If you would like to cite some sources/examples, I'd be glad to listen. But you're not doing that.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Vaati has been in 3 Zelda games (FSA, FS, and MC). Toon Link has been in 3 games as well (WW, PH, ST)...
Vaati is much more important to Zelda than a simple clone of Link, this is coming from a diehard Zelda fan.
Wether they have different moves or not doesn't matter, I'd prefer a character who isn't just another version of the original character.

Also I'm not sure if this is relevant, but Vaati's games were MUCH better than Toon Link's games (Except maybe WW, not sure, the trading quest kind-of let it down).
Toon Link has 6 games. MC, FS, FSA, WW, PH, ST. Wouldn't you say that the "Link" in MC, FS and FSA looks quite toony? And extremely close to that of the multi player info on the back of the game box for ST and just the art for him in general? Vaati's games are Toon Link's games. I don't know, though, if we should even be counting FS at all. And for the record, (imo) WW was/is the closest we've gotten to OoT.
BTW, aren't some of those "adult Link" games considered "Young/Kid Link"?

Pieman0920

Smash Master

Lolwat.
Toon Link's had 3 games.
Wind Waker
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Adult Link has been in... hmmm, let's see.
Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link
Link's Awakening
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Twilight Princess
*New Zelda Wii*
3-7, I think adult Link wins.
You're forgetting Four Swords Adventure and Minish Cap. Its so strange that you mention Vaati's apperances and forget completely that all those games are ones that Toon Link has shown up in. Thus its very stange that you think Toon Link is less important, since the only games Vaati shows up in are Toon Link's games, but not all games Toon Link shows up in have Vaati, and all Vaati is, is Toon Link's on again, off again villain.

And Link from A Link to the Past isn't Adult Link. He's not quite Toon Link either, but he's certainly not the adult Link of OoT/TP. This same Link design from ALttP is the one used for LA, OoS, OoA, and I think Zelda 2 as well. Thus Adult Link only has 2 games now, and a third on the way.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704

i actaully like toon link, i think that he needs a little bit more variety in his moves tho. He iss just like link which is kinda lame. If they were to add anyone to the loz i couldnt see anyone more deserving other than vaati? Maybe midna and wolf link but if the amount of games rule comes into play, they couldnt be in ssb4.

However rules are broken everyday and im sure even sakurai breaks them once in a while :p

I truely hope the story mode is better in ssb4 than the one in brawl. I was reading super smash bros flash 2's story mode and it honestly is completely more interesting and suspenceful than the real subspace emissary!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
You're forgetting Four Swords Adventure and Minish Cap. Its so strange that you mention Vaati's apperances and forget completely that all those games are ones that Toon Link has shown up in. Thus its very stange that you think Toon Link is less important, since the only games Vaati shows up in are Toon Link's games, but not all games Toon Link shows up in have Vaati, and all Vaati is, is Toon Link's on again, off again villain.

And Link from A Link to the Past isn't Adult Link. He's not quite Toon Link either, but he's certainly not the adult Link of OoT/TP. This same Link design from ALttP is the one used for LA, OoS, OoA, and I think Zelda 2 as well. Thus Adult Link only has 2 games now, and a third on the way.
BOTH Links are important! Not to mention i dont see either leaving the smash bros universe so its all good guys. :p

Besides vaati, who could be another loz rep?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
And I would believe you if you offered some shred of evidence. All you do is make vague allusions to gaming magazines, without ever pointing out something to support your point of view, and then get all outraged when we don't believe you. It's not impossible that that the Smash series would end, but Nintendo has a history of milking a popular franchise for all it's worth, and it would seem fairly illogical for them not to continue making Smash games when Melee was the best-selling GC game and Brawl was ~5th best-selling Wii game. Also, I don't believe I noticed anything in Brawl indicative of an end to the series.

If you would like to cite some sources/examples, I'd be glad to listen. But you're not doing that.
Seriously, why does everyone think brawl is really the brawl to end them all? Even if sakurai doesnt wanna do smash bros anymore they will find a new person to assign the project to.

Its weird how in some interviews Sakurai says he would like to redo brawl but in others he says he wants to retire from ssb. I dont get it.

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
Seeing as I did a little search to see if anyone else thought Ashley had any potential at all for SSB4, I was tempted to post my move set, provided those people even still VISIT this thread. Are sets allowed here, or is that for another thread?

(Or do you guys want me to just GTFO and move along?)

.... And another thing, this CAN'T be the Brawl to "end them all," as Sakurai repeatedly mentioned another game after Brawl was released. "When- I mean IF - another game is made ..."

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Don't double post, Shortie. Just use the edit button.
i actaully like toon link, i think that he needs a little bit more variety in his moves tho. He iss just like link which is kinda lame. If they were to add anyone to the loz i couldnt see anyone more deserving other than vaati? Maybe midna and wolf link but if the amount of games rule comes into play, they couldnt be in ssb4.

However rules are broken everyday and im sure even sakurai breaks them once in a while :p

I truely hope the story mode is better in ssb4 than the one in brawl. I was reading super smash bros flash 2's story mode and it honestly is completely more interesting and suspenceful than the real subspace emissary!
There's a lot they can do with Toon Link. A while back, Scooby referred me to BlazBlue for an idea for Toon Link. After playing the game, I would like to see this mechanic as well. What am I talking about? There's a character named Rachel Alucard who's Drive move(think of it as a special move), Silpheed, does as follows:

A large gust of wind blows past the screen in the direction pressed with the drive button, affecting both players, and all of Rachels projectiles.
This would be assigned to Toon Link's Side B and you can aim in three directions (forward, up forward, down forward). Just this move alone would make Toon Link a very different fighter from Link simply because of the strategies involved.

To go further with changes, Toon Link can be given his Deku Leaf as a pseudo-glide or something. His Megaton Hammer is another item that can he can use (assigned to B). Toon Link would still have his bombs but with one difference: The bombs do not explode on contact.

And that's just for his specials. He could also be given the sole ability to directly attack out of a forward roll like the parries in TWW.

Seeing as I did a little search to see if anyone else thought Ashley had any potential at all for SSB4, I was tempted to post my move set, provided those people even still VISIT this thread. Are sets allowed here, or is that for another thread?

(Or do you guys want me to just GTFO and move along?)

.... And another thing, this CAN'T be the Brawl to "end them all," as Sakurai repeatedly mentioned another game after Brawl was released. "When- I mean IF - another game is made ..."
That just brought back memories of the Ashley thread. I think she'd be a fun character, but don't count on her getting in before Mona or Capt. Syrup.

Personally, I'd be satisfied if she was an Assist Trophy.

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
That just brought back memories of the Ashley thread. I think she'd be a fun character, but don't count on her getting in before Mona or Capt. Syrup.

Personally, I'd be satisfied if she was an Assist Trophy.
A guy can dream.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
MK - introduce him to the term "lag"

Snake - he can keep his insane damage output just fix his hitboxes

IC's = camp me hard. I just find the sort of playstyle they force upon their opponents really stupid.

Marth - edit out his tiara

Fox - make it so he doesn't get ***** by sheik, zss, and pikachu like no other.

Add more girl characters

Add all the pokemon. I believe there are 493.

mr. costlow

Smash Rookie
So, I really don't have time to read nearly 2000 pages worth of comments so I'm just going to pretend that I'm the first one to post here...

Here's what I expect. Any other choices I'd be happy with leaving to the developers, etc.

1. No tripping
2. Updates or (if on the wii) a SSBChannel
3. Give PT a better selection and perhaps a rival
4. Finally bring Link out of low tier... If that's through buffing him up that's fine. If that means leveling out everyone to nearly the same lever that's cool too. I just hate seeing him on the low tier on all 3 games. :(
5. Give Gannondorf his sword
6. BTP, BTT, RTF, HRC
7. I would love it if Microsoft and Sony created similar games to SSB so that somewhere down the road the 3 companies could create a "Final Smash League" or something like that... Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia, God of War, Halo, Orange Box, Ratchet and Clank, etc. Bring characters from those games against characters from Zelda, Metroid, FE, etc. and you've got an epic fight that I'd never get bored of. Maybe you buy the Nintendo version and use those characters against someone who chose to buy the XBox version and use those characters and you can fight each other online or something. *drool*
8. Discounted price to anyone in Columbus, OH.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
BOTH Links are important! Not to mention i dont see either leaving the smash bros universe so its all good guys. :p

Besides vaati, who could be another loz rep?
I'm not really suggesting that the adult Link takes the boot, but rather that Toon Link won't, so I do think both will make it in, but its just annoying some times when people think that the adult Link has more importance when he's had so few games. Actually, even if you count Crossbow Training, at this point, the adult Link has shown up more in cameo apperances as of this point than canon games (SSB, Melee, Brawl, and SC2)....that is until Zelda Wii comes out, then its tied.

Anyways, a good deal of the one time important Zelda characters have the same general importance that Vaati does. Midna for instance was much more prominant in her one game, and in addition was on one of the main consoles. Linebeck also is sort of like this, though he was on a portable system. (Though he does get a cameo in ST). Toon Zelda has also become more of a possibility as of late, what with Spirit Tracks. Still overall the one character that's had the most importance overall in the Zelda series, and even branched away into his own game has been Tingle.....though he's still not a sure fire bet, given that there's a good deal of hate that goes hand in hand with his popularity.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Yet, you don't have a Final Fantasy character or any SE character seperate on your roster. You do know that Geno's not the most viable choice for SE, right?

Also do me a favor and do what RickyPro did; stop listing veterans.

-Unimportant compared to other Wario supporting characters (Syrup, Mona, Jimmy T)
-Even those supporting characters are debateable by far.
Pipe Dream.

+ You really want her voice to be like the one in the song? :laugh:

Mother:

Anybody say otherwise?
You win points for not including veterans.

This however goes to all of you about Female characters:

But instead of containing something about the Mother characters I support, this goes to all of you: Sure Smash may have a small number of females as playable, but there's such a small pool to pick from in the first place. Furthermore, there's a small pool on the ones that are actually worthy of a slot in there perspective series. No, Rosalina shouldn't be playable over Jr or Toad for having boobs.

Furthermore, you may run around and scream "SEXIST" All you want but adding in other characters "Less worthy" As opposed to other competition is being just as or more sexist.

tl;dr: No. If you're going to make a non-serious Mother suggestion, at least know the females IN Mother. Furthermore, don't suggest characters on the basis of just being female; That goes to all of you.

If you didn't want critism, you came to the wrong thread.

I'm not really suggesting that the adult Link takes the boot, but rather that Toon Link won't so I do think both will make it in, but its just annoying some times when people think that the adult Link has more importance when he's had so few games.
I see you've taken care of cleaning up the thread on your own for a while, Pie. :D

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Anyways, a good deal of the one time important Zelda characters have the same general importance that Vaati does. Midna for instance was much more prominant in her one game, and in addition was on one of the main consoles. Linebeck also is sort of like this, though he was on a portable system. (Though he does get a cameo in ST). Toon Zelda has also become more of a possibility as of late, what with Spirit Tracks. Still overall the one character that's had the most importance overall in the Zelda series, and even branched away into his own game has been Tingle.....though he's still not a sure fire bet, given that there's a good deal of hate that goes hand in hand with his popularity.
I say Midna and Vaati are pretty equal except for Vatti having more games (does that count?) And Vaati would be another Toon, not to mention a villian. He'd be a pretty good opposite for TL also considering that he takes "Link's" look instead of huge eyeball guy in Minish Cap. I think it would work.

I used to support Toon Zelda but lost intrest. But now that I've gotten pretty far through Spirit Tracks and have started to think it'd be kinda cool. I still think the Zelda part would end up clonish. But Tetra could be different. But do you guys think Tetra will be used scince ST took a 100 year leap?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Why use Tetra when you can use one of those phantom armors?

Anyways, Vaati's human-ish form has only been in one game, and again it was used in a villain role, which generally doesn't get as much focus as the type of role Midna had. Thus I think its the pure amount of exposure that Midna had in her one game that pushes her chances over Vaati. (Though don't get me wrong, I really doubt she'll have a chance unless she somehow sneaks into Zelda Wii)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I say Midna and Vaati are pretty equal except for Vatti having more games (does that count?) And Vaati would be another Toon, not to mention a villian. He'd be a pretty good opposite for TL also considering that he takes "Link's" look instead of huge eyeball guy in Minish Cap. I think it would work.

I used to support Toon Zelda but lost intrest. But now that I've gotten pretty far through Spirit Tracks and have started to think it'd be kinda cool. I still think the Zelda part would end up clonish. But Tetra could be different. But do you guys think Tetra will be used scince ST took a 100 year leap?
Good question. If I recall correctly, the Link and Zelda (and therefore Toon Link) are actually compilations of their various incarnations. This is best evident in that Zelda now has the Twilight Princess artstyle but has a Sheik transformation for Ocarina of Time. With this in mind, Toon Zelda would be culmination of Zelda in The Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirt Tracks.

Why use Tetra when you can use one of those phantom armors?

Anyways, Vaati's human-ish form has only been in one game, and again it was used in a villain role, which generally doesn't get as much focus as the type of role Midna had. Thus I think its the pure amount of exposure that Midna had in her one game that pushes her chances over Vaati. (Though don't get me wrong, I really doubt she'll have a chance unless she somehow sneaks into Zelda Wii)
Phantom armor wouldn't make sense. If you've played Spirit Tracks, you'd know why.

I still don't understand this whole recent crap you've got going on. If the character's popular, there's a good chance it will make it into the next Super Smash Bros. The way I see it, Midna is the next Sheik. Sheik hasn't appeared in another game since Ocarina of Time, but she is still a popular character even without her Smash popularity. Heck, you could also apply this to the other characters from Ocarina of Time like Saria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom