• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
FFx-2 has- ugh. I really tried to drop this. But really. I use the words, Usually and almost and say there MAY/MIGHT be chances. But you just said I am xompletely sure about this whole thing. Even THE FIRST QUOTE YOU HAVE has usually. Now stop being arrogant. I will try once again to be on topic.
First off, could you do a favor and not quite the entire post? You could just say "@*Insert name here*" Or just edit the entire quote to say something like "Stuff"

X-2 Is just my clear example of the "The End" Things. As I said, I'm on a bad day, so sorry If I managed to say you think It's completely illogical. The way you're wording it however makes you sound like It's so.

Look, the fact of the basis is that I don't even think a "Smash 4" Or "Smash *Insert something here*" Is even 100%, but I'm just saying that you need to think more outside and dunno, look at sales figures for starters and think on Nintendo's history. One of the biggest companies in gaming about reselling and sequels? It's not 100%, but It's sure as hell adding up quite well so far in support of getting it.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
First off, could you do a favor and not quite the entire post? You could just say "@*Insert name here*" Or just edit the entire quote to say something like "Stuff"

X-2 Is just my clear example of the "The End" Things. As I said, I'm on a bad day, so sorry If I managed to say you think It's completely illogical. The way you're wording it however makes you sound like It's so.

Look, the fact of the basis is that I don't even think a "Smash 4" Or "Smash *Insert something here*" Is even 100%, but I'm just saying that you need to think more outside and dunno, look at sales figures for starters and think on Nintendo's history. One of the biggest companies in gaming about reselling and sequels? It's not 100%, but It's sure as hell adding up quite well so far in support of getting it.
It's not. There history on making sequels actually had delays. Companies like Microsoft and Sega, the latter releasing games in secs and failing, scare me with sequels much more then nin does.(Excluding the fact that segas a slave and is useless now.

I am sorry for my wording. I thought It was a bit off. But either way. I keep my opinions as realistic as possible by not being a fan of any real system. Therefore my views aren't either hating or liking.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
But we aren't basing what we say from liking Nintendo. You just throw other companies in there to enforce your thought. But they have nothing to do with what we're talking about

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Okay then. For the story mode (that is what we'll call it for now) I'd like EVERY character to be in the story and have a role. I mean Toon Link gets a role, Paper Mario (if in) gets one, everybdy. And non of this beating the whole thing for unlocking characters. For the story, I'd like there to be some way that the villians are stealing power from the universes. Of course Ganondorf is the head playable villian. And comes up with a way to transport him and other villians to the unierse of their choosing.

Also I liked Reynolds12307's (on youtube) idea that (can't remember how) there were rips in the world of Smash that ripped holes into the universes. But, the characters that were at the end of the SSE were in the Smash world already.

Jakandsig

Smash Apprentice
But we aren't basing what we say from liking Nintendo. You just throw other companies in there to enforce your thought. But they have nothing to do with what we're talking about
Oh my god you ****ing stupid idiots. First off, I did what you all have been doing all this time. Mentioning other companies character and saying whether they should be in one of nintendos games, but one of your fanny friends took it wrong and screwed it up.

As for my typing. Using Wii net, I can't see what I'm typing due to the fact you can type responces without scrolling. Now for the third time, I'm trying to get on topic. Erhem.

It would be interesting if they pit an american character in the I SSB4. Maybe the bandicoot. Of course, the chances of that are scary. Especially since American games are made more real(Except the shovelware.) Then again, they could put Marvel in there isince capcom did it. What do you guys think? Think Wolverine vs. Mario. Yes, unrealistic, but so is Magnetj vs. Megaman, or Ryu.

SwedishChef

Smash Cadet
Okay then. For the story mode (that is what we'll call it for now) I'd like EVERY character to be in the story and have a role. I mean Toon Link gets a role, Paper Mario (if in) gets one, everybdy. And non of this beating the whole thing for unlocking characters. For the story, I'd like there to be some way that the villians are stealing power from the universes. Of course Ganondorf is the head playable villian. And comes up with a way to transport him and other villians to the unierse of their choosing.

Also I liked Reynolds12307's (on youtube) idea that (can't remember how) there were rips in the world of Smash that ripped holes into the universes. But, the characters that were at the end of the SSE were in the Smash world already.
I had an idea that there would be various... For lack of a better term, "factions" in the story mode. For example, there are missions you do as the heroes, ones as the villains, and everything else.

Joe-kun

Smash Cadet
Since you all are discussing what you want the next Story mode to be (and mentioned what Paper Mario would do,) I think it's safe to put in my two cents and what I'd like my wanted character to do. I can see Ashley basically being neutral in this - Using magic to help the heroes proceed, or knocking them back a little just for her own amusement.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Cool ideas. How exactly would those "factions" work?
And do any of you have other characters you want that you know what they'd do for Story?

SwedishChef

Smash Cadet
Since you all are discussing what you want the next Story mode to be (and mentioned what Paper Mario would do,) I think it's safe to put in my two cents and what I'd like my wanted character to do. I can see Ashley basically being neutral in this - Using magic to help the heroes proceed, or knocking them back a little just for her own amusement.
So wait, would she be playable or just kinda appear randomly to screw with everyone?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
honestly, i think (if he comes back) mewtwo will be the lead villan.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
honestly, i think (if he comes back) mewtwo will be the lead villan.
Good point. But Mewtwo doesn't seem that evil or power hungry. Or he might be equal with Ganon and then Ganon turns on him and Mewtwo joins the "heroes" after kicking some Ganon butt. Or just teleporting out of the way and go searching for someone he could trust?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hey, Toise, welcome back. I finally got to playing NSMB Wii, but I have to share the time with Spirit Tracks, Fire Emblem, and BlazBlue.

Anyway, as I said a while back, I understand the minimalism approach you want to go for this game, but can't that be very limiting in the long run?

SwedishChef

Smash Cadet
Hey, Toise, welcome back. I finally got to playing NSMB Wii, but I have to share the time with Spirit Tracks, Fire Emblem, and BlazBlue.

Anyway, as I said a while back, I understand the minimalism approach you want to go for this game, but can't that be very limiting in the long run?
Minimalist? Can somebody elaborate here? I don't see how "less is more" is a very viable strategy in a fighting game =/

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Oh, hey. Completely forgot about Bowser. Bowser and Ganon are the ones with vengence. Mewtwo doesn't seem like that though. But Mewtwo has the power, Bowser doesn't (Mario beats him up too much). Maybe it's that Ganon found out how powerful Mewtwo was and tried to control him (pulling a Geovoni). I think you know how that would end.

Waddoya mean "movie ideas" jakandsig?

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Oh, hey. Completely forgot about Bowser. Bowser and Ganon are the ones with vengence. Mewtwo doesn't seem like that though. But Mewtwo has the power, Bowser doesn't (Mario beats him up too much). Maybe it's that Ganon found out how powerful Mewtwo was and tried to control him (pulling a Geovoni). I think you know how that would end.

Waddoya mean "movie ideas" jakandsig?
Mewtwo is the kind that would maybe *accidentally* be evil. Maybe he would be like his movie incarnation.*shrug*

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Mewtwo is the kind that would maybe *accidentally* be evil. Maybe he would be like his movie incarnation.*shrug*
Maybe. I put pretty much half of his movie form in there with the being powerful and someone power hungry trys to control him. But I don't want a total repeat of Pokemon The Movie. Maybe he'd get ticked with Ganon blow somethin up and walk off then teleport away. You know, kinda be an "independent villian" Like I think Shadow sometimes is (right?)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Minimalist? Can somebody elaborate here? I don't see how "less is more" is a very viable strategy in a fighting game =/
You'll have to wait and see what Toise is going on about here. I don't want to say something off of memory that might be wrong.

Anyway, for the time being, read this article:

Subtractive Design

If you want to join in the discussion, should it happen, I suggest reading this. If you want, go ahead and read this as well.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/fail-safes-in-competitive-game-design-a-detailed-example.html
A very nice read that shows having homologous traits can be a good thing.

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Maybe. I put pretty much half of his movie form in there with the being powerful and someone power hungry trys to control him. But I don't want a total repeat of Pokemon The Movie. Maybe he'd get ticked with Ganon blow somethin up and walk off then teleport away. You know, kinda be an "independent villian" Like I think Shadow sometimes is (right?)
That's good!

And Shadow is independent(excluding Sonic Adventure 2, SA2:Battle, and Sonic Heroes).

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
That's good!

And Shadow is independent(excluding Sonic Adventure 2, SA2:Battle, and Sonic Heroes).
Yeah Cool. Glad ya like it. And I thought Shadow was. I think that fits Mewtwo best. Do you have a character you want in that you have a story part for? Or you wanna keep goin with Mewtwo?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Good point. But Mewtwo doesn't seem that evil or power hungry. Or he might be equal with Ganon and then Ganon turns on him and Mewtwo joins the "heroes" after kicking some Ganon butt. Or just teleporting out of the way and go searching for someone he could trust?
definitely, even tho mewtwo is like uber battle hungry, he still has a streak of good in him. :)

UNLIKE ganon, who is pretty much just evil.

im sure wario would take a henchmen role yet again.

but if vaati was in it where would he stand on this totem pole of terror? hehe :p

same w/ bowser and k rool, if he gets in.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
definitely, even tho mewtwo is like uber battle hungry, he still has a streak of good in him. :)

UNLIKE ganon, who is pretty much just evil.

im sure wario would take a henchmen role yet again.

but if vaati was in it where would he stand on this totem pole of terror? hehe :p

same w/ bowser and k rool, if he gets in.
I don't know K Rool's personality or actions. But he seems like he'd be a mix of Bowser and DDD. Vaati would be a minion of Ganon. But a less foolish and more powerful Wario more or less. Except loyal to Ganon.

My last idea I think is best for Mewtwo. Ganon tries to control his power and then Mewtwo gets ticked blows the place up (maybe) and walks out and leaves bein pretty much an independent villian

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't know K Rool's personality or actions. But he seems like he'd be a mix of Bowser and DDD. Vaati would be a minion of Ganon. But a less foolish and more powerful Wario more or less. Except loyal to Ganon.

My last idea I think is best for Mewtwo. Ganon tries to control his power and then Mewtwo gets ticked blows the place up (maybe) and walks out and leaves bein pretty much an independent villian
yeah! mewtwo definitely works best alone. i mean, with the help of nurse joy he recreated pokemon.

you know what i dont get? where the heck did sonic come from in the subspace emisarry?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
The book, Blue Ocean Strategy, goes into details of why this is good for a firm. Basically, it's best to stay focused on a few key aspects rather then trying to do everything and be the best. This reduces cost (in this case, namely time) and focus on what consumers want the most. An example of this may be to reduce long single player modes or collectibles.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
yeah! mewtwo definitely works best alone. i mean, with the help of nurse joy he recreated pokemon.

you know what i dont get? where the heck did sonic come from in the subspace emisarry?
Yeah. Definetly.
:laugh: I guess they just had to throw him in somewhere. I kinda liked how he attacked though.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Yeah. Definetly.
:laugh: I guess they just had to throw him in somewhere. I kinda liked how he attacked though.
haha yeah :)
who do you think deserves to be the 5th mario rep? i was thinking bowser jr. or...... dont flame me too bad for this buuuut i was thinking daisy :O

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The book, Blue Ocean Strategy, goes into details of why this is good for a firm. Basically, it's best to stay focused on a few key aspects rather then trying to do everything and be the best. This reduces cost (in this case, namely time) and focus on what consumers want the most. An example of this may be to reduce long single player modes or collectibles.
Speaking of first player mode, I think I have an idea that should satisfy everyone for single player replaybility: Leaderboards. We already have records in the game for how quickly you clear something. Why not go further and include a ranking system like in Mario Kart Wii? We don't need a crummy Adventure mode; this should be enough.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
haha yeah :)
who do you think deserves to be the 5th mario rep? i was thinking bowser jr. or...... dont flame me too bad for this buuuut i was thinking daisy :O
Don't worry. I don't feel like flamin. Daisy just isn't right. Maybe an AT though.

The next rep should be.... Geno:psycho: Just kidding. Actually. It depends. If you count Paper Mario as part of Mario then he'd be my first choice and he'd also be a good one. (I'd prefer him have his own series and be a "Paper Mario" character) but if not, Toad would go before BJ for me. He is technically more important, more games, more potential, and playable. Though even if they screwed up BJ making him a fast clone, I wouldn't mind. Just so long as Paper Mario got in first.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Wow, quite a bit happened when I was gone. :V

Toad has more games, but I fail to see how he is more important or has more pottential. Outside of SMB2 he hasn't been playable in a mainstream Mario game, although I guess with a stretch you could count the two seperate toads from NSMBWii as part of his character...though they really aren't. Outside of the one real playable role he's had though, he's usually just a background character who gives out hints. Bowser Jr. though has consitantly been a lead villain in each main Mario game since his creation. In addition, Toad's moveset pottential, while existant, is relativley small in comparison to BJ's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom