• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Hello! I just came here to spread out more groups so you do not have to swim in this thread just to look for ideas. They all have to do with Super Smash Bros 4 ideas.

Multiplayer Aspect Discussion
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1701

Single Player Discussion
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1700

Wifi (online)
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1702

In-Game Features (for in-game use only)

http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1704

Other Features (Other ideas not related to above in the features section of Super Smash Brothers 4)
http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=1703

Nothing Twlight Princess should be in Smash. Midna basically Navi incarnate, except not as nostolgic, and more unbreable. Zant (though I have seen a sick nasty moveset for him in MYM) is a puppet and if we're putting in the "puppet" character shouldn't it be Vaati (he was a puppet right?)

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I'm not one to be picky, but that is a pretty ridiculous roster. Where's the new franchises? The characters that aren't completely unreasonable? Why is there no Sonic? Why is Waluigi in the Wario section, or in the roster at all? And why Midna?
>.> I forgot about Sonic completely.

I didn't spend much time on it.

Sonic Series:
Sonic
Tails
Knuckles
Shadow

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Nothing Twlight Princess should be in Smash. Midna basically Navi incarnate, except not as nostolgic, and more unbreable. Zant (though I have seen a sick nasty moveset for him in MYM) is a puppet and if we're putting in the "puppet" character shouldn't it be Vaati (he was a puppet right?)

Skull Kid is the ultimate Zelda puppet, as he was actually possesed. But the Twilight Princess hate is very biased to be honest. It was overrepped in Brawl though.

Skull Kid is the ultimate Zelda puppet, as he was actually possesed. But the Twilight Princess hate is very biased to be honest. It was overrepped in Brawl though.
Well all hate is Biased. And while I'd rather have Skull Kid over anything TP, I just figured Vaati is basically a more popular Zant in terms of Zelda-related characters

spyrl-9

Smash Rookie
Ridley actually started out (Metroid-NES) not much bigger than Samus.
In the SSB Melee intro he wasn't that much bigger than her either.
In a story mode, you could fight him as a usable sized character, and then Kamek or something similar could grow him into the larger space dragon we now associate the name with.
Olimar is supposed to be Far smaller than he is in Brawl. There is enough demand for Ridley, I think they could include him as a playable sized character and still get away with it. Even if they make him slightly larger than Bowser.

As for moves, some ideas...
Character:Ridley
Size: (A little taller than Bowser, but alot leaner)
Speed: (same as)Donkey Kong
Strength: (same as)Ike
Weight: (same as)Donkey Kong

A Moves
A Attack: Horizontal slash with claw
A Combo: Claw, other claw, tail
Ftilt: Vertical claw slash with slight lunge
Dtilt: Tail whip at legs
Utilt: Hits up with wing

Smash Attacks
FSmash: Follows through with vertical claw slash to also spin and hit with tail
DSmash: Spins with tail whip at legs to add power
USmash: Slams up with shoulder

Midair Moves
NAir: Snaps with jaws
FAir: Lifts a little and flies forward, dragging extended tail below him (keep tapping A to go a little further. End of tail sparks, if in contact with ground, does little damage otherwise)
DAir: Locks "fingers" and hammer fists down
UAir: Slams head up
BAir: Spins and kicks with both back legs (high knockback)

Dash Attack: (can't run)

B Attacks
B: "Fire"ball (tilts back head and launches a projectile that arcs slightly up before falling. Can rapidly tap B button to fire up to 3 in rapid succession)
SideB: Flying rush (The same as his horizontal attacks in Brawl, having the same "wind" visual effect, but having the distance of Fox's SideB)
UpB: Jumps straight up, flapping wings, pushing off with all four limbs, and blasting "fire", below and slightly in front of him. Dealing some damage, as well as being a good evasive move. He can still attack after this (like Sonic and Snake), but cannot jump again until touching ground
DownB: Extends tail forward (can rotate stick -and tail, much like Sheik's SideB chain attack, recreating Ridley's attack from Super Metroid. If done in the air, Ridley falls considerably slower)

Grabs and Throws
Grab: Grabs with claw
Melee Attack: Bites
FThrow: Throw forward
UThrow: Throws up while swiping with tail, adding height to throw (less height if air grab, as he doen't use his tail)
BThrow: Throw backward
DThrow: Slams into ground

Special Ability: Gets extra jumps, and can glide. However, he cannot run, and has the slowest jump (with a long slow flap of wings with each jump). This is to balance his strength, and superior air game.

Final Smash: Kraid -Ridley flies up, and Kraid appears (head to navel taking nearly whole side of screen), launching a couple vollies of acid spit from mouth, and spikes from torso. Acid deals high damage, while spikes deal extremely high knockback.

Taunts
1:Drops on all fours, roaring with "wind blast" visual effect
2:Extends neck and flaps wings a couple times
3:Raises and arches wings, slowly whipping tail along to the front of him and back again

Entrance: Silloette of Ridley, facing screen, "perched" with wings slightly parted above him. Eye glows, then body fades into view

Victory Pose 1: Flies up out of sight, then flies with great speed into view and toward screen, getting very close (large), and barely missing (just like end of first encounter in Super Metroid)
Victory Pose 2: Roars and sprays fire at screen, left to right
Victory Pose 3: On all fours, facing screen, with wings above him. Similar to entrance, but not a silloette.

Stage: Space Frigate -Similar layout to Shadow Moses Island, without the top platform going all the way across. Walls can be destroyed, other than bottom of one side, which is grey Metroid "blast door" (grey doesn't open). Occasionally, board will start to shake and wobble back and forth (the ship is being destroyed, is the atmosphere, alarms, lights flahing, debris falling from the sky/ceiling in the background). When this happens, if one of the walls is destroyed (even the shorter one), the grey door will blink (like in Metroid, when a grey door is now able to open). After a couple seconds, it will open, and Space pirates will come out of it, attacking with low knockback attacks before jumping off the stage in whichever direction the wall is missing.

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
nice indeed....

and also, I like third-party characters, just not multiple from each series, because 3rd party is basd on 1 popular character from a game, that is the main character.
Like I wan't sora, but definitly not riku, and same for pacman, but no mrs. pacman

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Okay, ignoring the business aspects of including multiple 3rd party aspects, why wouldn't you want more than one from each series? It adds variety to the game. I guess it's just a matter of opinion ^.^

Sykora-Jerichon

Smash Rookie
Reading through some of the old '08 stuff in here, and everyone has just about covered what I wanna see. For Newcomers, Midna and W-Link are a must. Potential awesome. MAYBE Bowser Jr. with a transformation into Shadow Mario. Koopalings could be an alt. And Silver over Shadow. I don't give a **** about what Shadow fans are gonna say. Even if Sonic 06 sucked ***, Silver was a good character. Totally deserving of a shot in Smash Bros. (Idiots in the thread keep saying Brawl. SSB4 ISN'T BRAWL.)

I dunno what people see in Nook and Crosser. Really, what would their moveset be? They have no potential in my eyes. Ressetti is a different story. His B's could be the pickax, he could go underground and dig around. Hey, he could have a move to replace Pitfall.

Jigglypuff has gotta go. NO ONE EVER USES HER. I know she was one of the originals, but in all honesty, do you, or anyone you know use her? Like, ever?! What's the point of even ****ing unlocking her. She'll just sit by herself on the CSS, ignored.

DE-CLONE. You wouldn't believe how sick I am of seeing clones. My friends argue about who's a better character. And they argue about clones. Like back before Brawl, they'd argue about Falcon and Gannon, and who was a better Melee character. Sakurai, for god's sake, did you suffer a concussion before making Brawl?! LUCARIO? LUCAS? ROB? What the hell?!?! People want Ridley, Shadow, Megaman.

Speaking of Mega-Man, there was one character from Megaman Battle Network 4, who I really liked. He has his own series too, but I can't think of the series name. But the character was Diango. He was my favorite VG character in the early days. He could potentially be the next Meta Knight. Except not a ****** that Wi-Fi ******* and noobs spam for easy kills. He'd be awesome. (And a good excuse to drop the super scope.)

While we're talking about third party, what about Metal Gear? It's a great series and deserves another rep. Everyone pays attention to Sonic as a third-party. I saw Decoy for SSB4. DECOY. He's probably one of the most badass characters in Metal Gear Solid. He can shape shift into just about anyone.

Last two characters that should be in SSB4 -- Alex Mercer and Cole. Prototype and inFamous are some of the best games on the market today, and you gotta admit. A fight between Mercer and Cole would be mind-blowing. APOCALYPTICALLY AWESOME. Lightning bolts and thunder storms against...whatever you would say to describe Mercer's powers.

Fix the Stage Builder. Rotate, anyone? More parts as well. I'd also like to see more "enviornments" in Stage Builder. Maybe an option to make it like Halberd or Mushroomy Kingdom--cool motion graphic or a side scroller. Maybe have a character in the background like Spear Pillar.

MAYBE a create-a-character. Maybe if Sakurai listens to us and GROWS HALF A BRAIN it could happen. I mean, it'd be interesting. Brawl also needs an original character like Tabuu or Galleom. I mean, Sakurai, thinking isn't that hard...for most of us.

Last thing is make it 3-D. Honestly, Brawl was like Street Fighter IV. "2.5D" Have some more creative stages and angles. Make it so you could move in multiple directions. Something like Soul Calibur, but a lot cooler and such.

-Sykora-Jerichon

Reading through some of the old '08 stuff in here, and everyone has just about covered what I wanna see. For Newcomers, Midna and W-Link are a must. Potential awesome. MAYBE Bowser Jr. with a transformation into Shadow Mario. Koopalings could be an alt. And Silver over Shadow. I don't give a **** about what Shadow fans are gonna say. Even if Sonic 06 sucked ***, Silver was a good character. Totally deserving of a shot in Smash Bros. (Idiots in the thread keep saying Brawl. SSB4 ISN'T BRAWL.)- Midna/ Wolf Link= NO. Never.

I dunno what people see in Nook and Crosser. Really, what would their moveset be? They have no potential in my eyes. Ressetti is a different story. His B's could be the pickax, he could go underground and dig around. Hey, he could have a move to replace Pitfall.
Mowrt would like a word with you.

Jigglypuff has gotta go. NO ONE EVER USES HER. I know she was one of the originals, but in all honesty, do you, or anyone you know use her? Like, ever?! What's the point of even ****ing unlocking her. She'll just sit by herself on the CSS, ignored.
People use her, ger over yourself. Just ebcause you don't like her, doesn't mean other people don't as well. Want me to name someone who uses Jiggz. Your looking at him.

DE-CLONE. You wouldn't believe how sick I am of seeing clones. My friends argue about who's a better character. And they argue about clones. Like back before Brawl, they'd argue about Falcon and Gannon, and who was a better Melee character. Sakurai, for god's sake, did you suffer a concussion before making Brawl?! LUCARIO? LUCAS? ROB? What the hell?!?! People want Ridley, Shadow, Megaman.
So Sakurai implemented a feature that fot people...talking? What a terrible man. We should all simply laugh and giggle when playing a game, heaven forbid we have to think and make desicions about things

Speaking of Mega-Man, there was one character from Megaman Battle Network 4, who I really liked. He has his own series too, but I can't think of the series name. But the character was Diango. He was my favorite VG character in the early days. He could potentially be the next Meta Knight. Except not a ****** that Wi-Fi ******* and noobs spam for easy kills. He'd be awesome. (And a good excuse to drop the super scope.)
First off a Megaman Character will be...Mega man Probably. Also, did you really just say you want to put another character who will cause descrepencies and cries of "Over-powered+ within the industry, so that you can have a cooler version of the super-scope

While we're talking about third party, what about Metal Gear? It's a great series and deserves another rep. Everyone pays attention to Sonic as a third-party. I saw Decoy for SSB4. DECOY. He's probably one of the most badass characters in Metal Gear Solid. He can shape shift into just about anyone.
A nintendo fighter should stay nintendo. Third parties can be one per series if it must happen

Last two characters that should be in SSB4 -- Alex Mercer and Cole. Prototype and inFamous are some of the best games on the market today, and you gotta admit. A fight between Mercer and Cole would be mind-blowing. APOCALYPTICALLY AWESOME. Lightning bolts and thunder storms against...whatever you would say to describe Mercer's powers.
One of them sucked, protoytpe I think, neither was one a nintendo console, they're both extremely violent games, and have no placve in Super Smash (assuming they could even get in , which they will not)

Fix the Stage Builder. Rotate, anyone? More parts as well. I'd also like to see more "enviornments" in Stage Builder. Maybe an option to make it like Halberd or Mushroomy Kingdom--cool motion graphic or a side scroller. Maybe have a character in the background like Spear Pillar.
Finally, something logical...

MAYBE a create-a-character. Maybe if Sakurai listens to us and GROWS HALF A BRAIN it could happen. I mean, it'd be interesting. Brawl also needs an original character like Tabuu or Galleom. I mean, Sakurai, thinking isn't that hard...for most of us.
...And there goes the logic

Last thing is make it 3-D. Honestly, Brawl was like Street Fighter IV. "2.5D" Have some more creative stages and angles. Make it so you could move in multiple directions. Something like Soul Calibur, but a lot cooler and such.
And you purpose we change the entire way the game plays so we can...what...cry?

-Sykora-Jerichon
Comments in Bold

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
Reading through some of the old '08 stuff in here, and everyone has just about covered what I wanna see. For Newcomers, Midna and W-Link are a must. Potential awesome. MAYBE Bowser Jr. with a transformation into Shadow Mario. Koopalings could be an alt. And Silver over Shadow. I don't give a **** about what Shadow fans are gonna say. Even if Sonic 06 sucked ***, Silver was a good character. Totally deserving of a shot in Smash Bros. (Idiots in the thread keep saying Brawl. SSB4 ISN'T BRAWL.)

-Sykora-Jerichon
Ok, first off, ys to wolf link, that could be link's down b. We've been over Animal Crosser, so heres his moveset to change your mind
B- Slingshot (chargeable)
Side B- Throws a fruit
Down B- Digs a hole, then go's in and appears in another area, like meta knigts
Up B- Grabs a balloon and goes

Final Smash- Townsfolk rampage- all the characters charge around the stage and cause damage
bah blah

Megaman is good, Jigglypuff does need to go, who cares about the veteren stuff anyways...
No alex or cole, no more metal gear, and the stages were fine, i dunno what you're talking about...

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Ridley actually started out (Metroid-NES) not much bigger than Samus.
In the SSB Melee intro he wasn't that much bigger than her either.
In a story mode, you could fight him as a usable sized character, and then Kamek or something similar could grow him into the larger space dragon we now associate the name with.
Olimar is supposed to be Far smaller than he is in Brawl. There is enough demand for Ridley, I think they could include him as a playable sized character and still get away with it. Even if they make him slightly larger than Bowser.

As for moves, some ideas...
Character:Ridley
Size: (A little taller than Bowser, but alot leaner)
Speed: (same as)Donkey Kong
Strength: (same as)Ike
Weight: (same as)Donkey Kong

A Moves
A Attack: Horizontal slash with claw
A Combo: Claw, other claw, tail
Ftilt: Vertical claw slash with slight lunge
Dtilt: Tail whip at legs
Utilt: Hits up with wing

Smash Attacks
FSmash: Follows through with vertical claw slash to also spin and hit with tail
DSmash: Spins with tail whip at legs to add power
USmash: Slams up with shoulder

Midair Moves
NAir: Snaps with jaws
FAir: Lifts a little and flies forward, dragging extended tail below him (keep tapping A to go a little further. End of tail sparks, if in contact with ground, does little damage otherwise)
DAir: Locks "fingers" and hammer fists down
UAir: Slams head up
BAir: Spins and kicks with both back legs (high knockback)

Dash Attack: (can't run)

B Attacks
B: "Fire"ball (tilts back head and launches a projectile that arcs slightly up before falling. Can rapidly tap B button to fire up to 3 in rapid succession)
SideB: Flying rush (The same as his horizontal attacks in Brawl, having the same "wind" visual effect, but having the distance of Fox's SideB)
UpB: Jumps straight up, flapping wings, pushing off with all four limbs, and blasting "fire", below and slightly in front of him. Dealing some damage, as well as being a good evasive move. He can still attack after this (like Sonic and Snake), but cannot jump again until touching ground
DownB: Extends tail forward (can rotate stick -and tail, much like Sheik's SideB chain attack, recreating Ridley's attack from Super Metroid. If done in the air, Ridley falls considerably slower)

Grabs and Throws
Grab: Grabs with claw
Melee Attack: Bites
FThrow: Throw forward
UThrow: Throws up while swiping with tail, adding height to throw (less height if air grab, as he doen't use his tail)
BThrow: Throw backward
DThrow: Slams into ground

Special Ability: Gets extra jumps, and can glide. However, he cannot run, and has the slowest jump (with a long slow flap of wings with each jump). This is to balance his strength, and superior air game.

Final Smash: Kraid -Ridley flies up, and Kraid appears (head to navel taking nearly whole side of screen), launching a couple vollies of acid spit from mouth, and spikes from torso. Acid deals high damage, while spikes deal extremely high knockback.

Taunts
1:Drops on all fours, roaring with "wind blast" visual effect
2:Extends neck and flaps wings a couple times
3:Raises and arches wings, slowly whipping tail along to the front of him and back again

Entrance: Silloette of Ridley, facing screen, "perched" with wings slightly parted above him. Eye glows, then body fades into view

Victory Pose 1: Flies up out of sight, then flies with great speed into view and toward screen, getting very close (large), and barely missing (just like end of first encounter in Super Metroid)
Victory Pose 2: Roars and sprays fire at screen, left to right
Victory Pose 3: On all fours, facing screen, with wings above him. Similar to entrance, but not a silloette.

Stage: Space Frigate -Similar layout to Shadow Moses Island, without the top platform going all the way across. Walls can be destroyed, other than bottom of one side, which is grey Metroid "blast door" (grey doesn't open). Occasionally, board will start to shake and wobble back and forth (the ship is being destroyed, is the atmosphere, alarms, lights flahing, debris falling from the sky/ceiling in the background). When this happens, if one of the walls is destroyed (even the shorter one), the grey door will blink (like in Metroid, when a grey door is now able to open). After a couple seconds, it will open, and Space pirates will come out of it, attacking with low knockback attacks before jumping off the stage in whichever direction the wall is missing.
YES!!!! You captured Ridley perfectly! But one question about the stage, do you mean the Ceres Research Station from SM with platforms? Cause it sounds like that should be the stage....really cool if a SM stage was in the next SSB!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I swear, if you had said that Brawl was like Street Fighter IV gameplay wise, I would've slapped you silly.

Keep Smash 2.5D.

Adell

Smash Cadet

-Sykora-Jerichon

COOL STORY BRO

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
@ Sykora-Jerichon

You don't have to pretend to swear to get your post noticed. Most of your points have been discussed, so do some backtracking in the thread to find anwsers to your questions. Hope that helps.

No more Ridley discussion for a bit. It always causes hurt. Great moveset though, but MYM is the place for them.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Ridley is a very controversial choice. He has a VERY dedicated fan-base and when an argument about Ridley's SSB chances comes up it gets nasty.

spyrl-9

Smash Rookie
No more Ridley discussion for a bit. It always causes hurt. Great moveset though, but MYM is the place for them.
Thank you for the compliment.
And forgive the ignorance, but what is MYM?

Also, @darksamus77, thank you, as well.
And yes, I did actually mean the Ceres Research Station.
Sorry about that. Nice catch.

spyrl-9

Smash Rookie
Thank you. I'll have to go find that.
I have a few.
Not that anything is really going to come from any of this.
Still fun though...

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
I think people are just starved for Metroid reps... I think Samus and ZSS are enough, personally.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I don't mind movesets being posted in here once in awhile, especially if they are realistic. Those MYM movesets are too over the top for my taste, since what I normally enjoy is seeing something that could pottentially happen with a character, rather than something that clearly won't.

And Samus/ZSS aren't enough. Metroid is becoming a flagship title, and its annoying that we only have the main character. I understand that its hard to have other representatives from the series, since Samus has a tendency to kill all supporting characters off, but Ridley really has had enough exposure, plot relevance, and popularity to make him truly viable.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Given what Sakurai said about Ridley last year, it's not an issue of him not wanting to make Ridley playable, it's trying to figure out how to make him practical as one. With that being said, Ridley is still a very realistic pick for the next game as long as they can figure out how to make him work.

n88

Smash Lord
I agree with Pieman. If you're trying to make a set to prove that a person could have one/a realistic set, don't put it in MYM. That's not really what MYM is for.

And, generally speaking, Ridley isn't in demand because people want Metroid reps. He's in demand because a lot of people want Ridley, very specifically. Some people will chuck Dark Samus, Sylux, or some other Metroid character on their rosters because they think Ridley can't be in, but rarely because they think that character is a better candidate than Ridley.

A character in Brawl is a character with a separate moveset, who functions, and acts with their own stats, moves,a nd features.

Samus is a character
and
Zero Suit Samus is a character

Metroid has two character. I'm not against Ridley in SSB4, or any other Metroid Rep in either, but please don't be ignorant and say ZSS and Samus are the same character.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Samus and Zero Suit Samus are different "characters", but they're the same "person".

And I don't understand why people are so adamant about defending the "accepted" and "standard" roster predictions whenever some posts their thoughts that might be a little different. There aren't really too many consensuses (?) with everyone here regarding the predicted roster, otherwise there'd be nothing to talk about. If there isn't a true standard, then there shouldn't be a big deal when someone offers a different opinion.

Either the ability to turn off hazards, or stages with less in your face hazards. I don't mind mino hazards (Norfair Lava, Scrolling stages, Water, etc.) but Annoying game changing ones (I'm looking at you Wario-Ware, Mario Kart, and F-Zero) Need to be less ridiculous (sp)

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
Thank you for the compliment.
And forgive the ignorance, but what is MYM?

Also, @darksamus77, thank you, as well.
And yes, I did actually mean the Ceres Research Station.
Sorry about that. Nice catch.
No prob, I'm a HUGE Metroid fan and I've played SM and Prime more times than I can remember. Liking the Metroid series support, fellas. I'd even argue that Metroid deserves 2 more characters NOT NAMED SAMUS. I mean, come on, Metroid is I believe Nintendo's second best-selling series, and they only have ONE CHARACTER in SSB?! I was outraged a bit at the lack of support Nintendo shows Metroid. Super Metroid and Metroid Prime are two of the greatest games ever made. They both get great reviews EVERYWHERE, not just by me. I may be a bit biased, but Nintendo needs to show Metroid some love. With the release of Prime Trilogy a few months ago, and Other M next year, if more Metroid characters are in the next SSB, it's one hell of a next couple years for Metroid fans.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Either the ability to turn off hazards, or stages with less in your face hazards. I don't mind mino hazards (Norfair Lava, Scrolling stages, Water, etc.) but Annoying game changing ones (I'm looking at you Wario-Ware, Mario Kart, and F-Zero) Need to be less ridiculous (sp)
No, because that is Smash's charm. The point of the game is that you have these crazy things that mix up the game and make them more interesting. To lower it would be to weak the series and make it duller. There is a reason Final Destination and Battlefield exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom