• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Krystal is just fluff for Star Fox (The same for Tingle and Zelda series) they just aren't nesecary and are only included to keep a status quo. I'd rather see new series get reps before we get
Star fox minor heroine or ...Little fiary man (what do you call his role?). Let's see Advanced Wars, Brain Age, Prffessor Layton (sorry their the only series I can think of off the top of my head, I don' really want them in, just for the sake of arguement did I use them)

Also, how are people seeing Roy included. (Changed and if so how, Semi-cloned, Same old Roy?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Would this roster be good for SSB4? It has 50 characters (no one were removed from Brawl) and some of the most-wanted characters.

:mario2: :luigi2: :peach: :bowser2: :random: Toad
:dk2: :diddy: :random: :random: :olimar: Dixie Kong and King K. Rool
:yoshi2: :wario: :rob: :samus2: :random: Ridley
:link2: :zelda: :ganondorf: :toonlink: :random: Tingle
:pit: :random: :popo: :random: :random: Takamaru, Little Mac, and Duck Hunt Dog
:kirby2: :metaknight: :dedede: :falcon: :random: Samurai Goroh
:fox: :falco: :wolf: :random: :random: Krystal and Starfy
:pikachu2: :pt: :lucario: :jigglypuff: :mewtwo:
:marth: :ike: :roymelee: :ness2: :lucas:
:gw: :snake: :sonic: :random: :random: Mega Man and Travis Touchdown
Personally, I'd go with:
- Tingle
+ Bowser Jr.
- Duck Hunt Dog
+ Lip

Other than that, I think this satisfies most of the people in this thread without BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWling.

Regarding the whole "generic" thing, I don't really see that as a strong argument for excluding Toad. That didn't stop Pokemon Trainer or R.O.B. who we all thought wasn't going to happen because of all the R.O.B. enemies in the Subpar Emissary.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Smashchu, really! You are questioning how memorable Duck Hunt Dog is? What country do you live in? Duck Hunt was bundled with Super Mario Bros. and the NES all over North America. Almost everyone who ever owned a NES would know Duck Hunt and they always talk about the dog whenever the topic is about Duck Hunt.
He's remembered because of how much hate him. This is why you can find flash games where you kill the dog, not play as him.

About Tingle, sure, 50% of all fans might hate him but they won't care about that when they got Ridley, Samurai Goroh, King K. Rool, and Mewtwo to play with. I find it funny that you are opposed to Tingle's inclusion because 50% of all fans hate him and yet you did not question Krystal's inclusion when 50% of all fans hate her.
Dumb argument. People will notice a flaw in the game. You basically believe the customer is too stupid to notice it. Brawl had some awesome characters, but people were pissed off about the hidden characters.

Also, Kyrstal is not hated by 50% of the fan base. A lot of people like her, while some don't. Krystal is iffy just because she does have a lot of hate, and a lot of love as well. With that in mind, could she still be added. Tingle is just flat out disgust people. Sakurai isn't dumb enough to add Tingle.

I do not want Travis. But Suda 51 seemed they are interested in seeing him in Smash. So I suppose why not? I would rather have Chocobo & Slime or Pac-Man over him.
Again, thid party characters may not be in SSB4. Sakurai always calls them guest, so this may be a one time thing. Also, Kojima was Sakurai's friend. I'm not sure Suda's relationship with Sakurai, or if Sakurai would want to add Travis.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Again, thid party characters may not be in SSB4. Sakurai always calls them guest, so this may be a one time thing. Also, Kojima was Sakurai's friend. I'm not sure Suda's relationship with Sakurai, or if Sakurai would want to add Travis.
I'm glad that you are aware of the ambiguity of the word "guest" here. Personally, I think Sonic and Snake will return. The two are very popular within the Smash community and removing one of them would be like removing Mewtwo but much worse.

As for Travis, I can understand the content concerns going on around him. Obviously, the language would have to be toned down greatly, but some memorable dialogue would still be available for them to use. For trophies (please let Shinobu be an assist), I don't think there would have to be too much censored. Obviously, Bad Girl's, Jean, and Travis bio information would be significantly cut down.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Fatman, there is a huge difference between Chocobo and Epona. Chocobo can fight. Epona can't. Chocobo appears to have arms (I know they are wings but they function as arms in Chocobo's games) that he can use to punch and grab things. Epona can't use her legs to punch and grab things. Chocobo could fight like Yoshi (he is a rideable character, too) when it comes to his A moves and could use his wings to jump high like Yoshi's double jump. When we are talking about Chocobo, I am sure we were referring to the Chocobo's Dungeon version and not the Final Fantasy version. Slime is there because while Slime cannot fight without arms, he can ride on Chocobo and provide some special moves.
All in all, it still sounds like a character that would mostly have to be built from the ground up for Smash and, so far, there's only been about four characters in the whole series like this (Fox, Captain Falcon, Ice Climbers, and ROB). Sonic and Snake were pretty much "HOLY CRAP, DO WANT" characters because of their widespread appeal in all regions. Chocobo and Slime's appeal are mostly in Japan where nearly every installment in the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games gets freakishly good sales. If anything, I think third party characters should be characters that people would be enthusiastic about seeing in all regions. To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, compare how widespread this idea is to the idea of Megaman being in SSB4.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I'm glad that you are aware of the ambiguity of the word "guest" here. Personally, I think Sonic and Snake will return. The two are very popular within the Smash community and removing one of them would be like removing Mewtwo but much worse.
Probably not, as I think people understand that they are not Nintendo characters. If they are removed, people will understand.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Probably not, as I think people understand that they are not Nintendo characters. If they are removed, people will understand.
It probably won't change that people are sad to see them leave.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Fun time!

First off: On generic, Pokemon Trainer got in, and really any character from Final Fantasy you add... Anyways.

Chrono Trigger is well-known.
I'm doing this as many times as I have to; Sorry toise.
FF - 76M
DQ - Around 25M
KH - Around 14M
Chrono Trigger - Around 4M
Super Mario RPG - Around 2M

Now, If you were to pick a rep for square enix, which one should it go to? :laugh: Chrono's only mainly popular on the internet. More popular outside than say, geno? Yes.

And don't think I hate CT. I'm uniting us all in representation for Square Enix not because of my love of Final Fantasy. It's because of my love for Square Enix's RPG's.

Oh, BTW, Tingle's games also didn't have the brightest sales yet a lot of people here still consider him a rather plausible suggestion.

slime is a stupid idea, how the hell does a slime ride a chocobo anyways. also who cares about enix, just because its square-enix doesn't mean everything they do has to have something from the other company in their games. i don't see any slimes in ffxii or chocobos in star ocean 4. how about we just stick to the chocobo because enix just isn't iconic enough to be very important.
Sales wish to have a word with you. People care about slime still in japan, Enix is an important part to Square in general (And has had It's own game as well)

Sora scored like #5 on the Brawl poll.....but IDK.
No he didn't. The only results we know are Sakurai's Journal, which outside of Geno, we have no clue who placed higher than who.

Geno is not in any Mario Kart games. Geno is not in any Mario Tennis games. Geno is not in any Mario Golf games. Geno is not in any Mario Party games. Geno is not in any Mario Baseball games. Geno is not in any Mario Strikers games.
Filler games don't matter.

But basically in short Geno would really be mainly on fanservice. I'd still like it If he made it in but It'd be more preferable to see a bigger rep to square.

its moveset set would probably be awkward and goofy as Hell.
Hi rob, how's your day?

Moveset is a terrible arguement on this, because DQ And FF Have a BUNCH That could implement to the character, like Haste, Ultima, Potions, etc.

In a way, it would be like if Epona the horse from the Zelda games was made playable...
Epona: Filler character to LoZ. LoZ Has one (Well, two, arguably more) Main Protaginists. FF Has 12 (And that's just Final Fantasy)
Chocobo and Slime: Both one of the only few reoccurring characters in there perspective series - We'd normally go with cloud here but Cloud got...A fan service cameo!

This is one of those ideas that sounds cool at first until you start to think about it practically and then you realize you're trying too hard to convince people to support an idea (In this case, Square Enix "needing" not only a rep but one that effectively represents the whole company).
It is hard to grasp people onto it than every other idea out there - But is that such a bad thing? Some idea's are more unique than others. See: Pokemon Trainer. We don't rather NEED The slime on it, but It's not a bad compromise considering Square's two biggest series don't have that many characters that could work outside of there reoccuring characters generally looked as mascots of those.

This isn't something that ridiculous; What would be ridiculous is throwing Geno, Sora, Cloud, and Chrono as well as slime on that Chocobo. :laugh:

Worldwide Hype
...And SE Doesn't truely have a "Face" Of the company, yet shown in the past, people still want representation for it a surprising lot. It wouldn't be as "Unhyping" in the US As say, Travis or Pac-Man.

Really It's not that implausible when you think about it:
-Final Fantasy is Square's main franchise
-The most popular FF Character is a sony character; None of the protaginists take line over each other.
-There's such few relevant reoccuring characters, nonetheless, ones that matter (aka only plausible ones for smash seem to be Chocobo and Black Mage)

Slime however is a debateable addition onto it, but It wouldn't hurt the character. It would make it more unique, be a compromise, and appeal to people who wanted a Dragon Quest rep instead - Infact, asides from being a bit outfield, what is so "Bad" About the idea?

Oh; People will still complain. People freaked out at roy being gone. Imagine what will happen when a character who got in due to a huge part of it being fan demand gets "Cut"

I don't really know what to think; It's too early to decide. I mean I can see them staying, but I can also see them being removed/not in Smash 4. I'd personally like Sonic, Snake, a Square Enix rep (Probably Final Fantasy), and Megaman. 4 out of 44ish (disregarding transformations) Is a lot.

n88

Smash Lord
@thirdkoopa

Filler games matter more than some people think. In Mario's case, not appearing in the filler games is very, very bad. Almost every Mario character appears in the spin-offs these days (And there are a lot of spin-offs), and not having that means less exposure. Mario Kart Wii is like, the fourth best-selling game on Wii. I'm willing to bet that more people have been introduced to Baby Daisy than Geno.

Filler games alone don't qualify a character for an appearance (Exhibits A and B: Daisy and Waluigi), but they can't just be discounted immediately, either.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@thirdkoopa

Filler games matter more than some people think. In Mario's case, not appearing in the filler games is very, very bad. Almost every Mario character appears in the spin-offs these days (And there are a lot of spin-offs), and not having that means less exposure. Mario Kart Wii is like, the fourth best-selling game on Wii. I'm willing to bet that more people have been introduced to Baby Daisy than Geno.

Filler games alone don't qualify a character for an appearance (Exhibits A and B: Daisy and Waluigi), but they can't just be discounted immediately, either.
Yeah; I forgot that but that's just what I'm trying to get across. It doesn't justify or develop a character to appear in. Just because Toad appeared in more Spin-off's than say, Bowser Jr, It shouldn't be the factor that makes him a more likely canidate.

But I actually agree with most of the rest of what he said; Geno's a cool character and all, but It would be mainly for fanservice. However; If he magically got in with an actual rep to Square Enix, then I wouldn't be complaining. :laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
ROB's moveset really isn't that goofy mainly because it's pretty standard with a few robot cliches thrown in (ie: rocket boosters and lazers). Same with the Ice Climbers as their moveset focuses on the two main aspects from their game: ice and hammers. With this being said, even though those two were built from the ground up, there really wasn't too much creative investment overall. Now, if this is how Sakurai treats first party characters, I find it hard to believe that he'd go out of his way to make a third party character work if a general idea for a moveset isn't quickly apparent like with Sonic.

Also, Pokemon Trainer is only unique because of the switching aspect of the character. The movesets for Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are pretty standard if you're familar with their moves and attributes in the actual pokemon games. Pokemon Trainer's original roadblock was programming issues, not creative ones. Basically, with him, it was known how they wanted to make him play out but they didn't know how to do it. It's like with Pit and Metaknight in Melee in how they couldn't figure out how to "flying" characters practical and balanced especially in a game where most people's recoveries and offstage games were average as it was. In a nutshell, I find that most people could look at these characters for a short time and figure out how they would work while I don't just see that with Chocobo and Slime.

n88

Smash Lord
Poll Update!

20 Votes
-Mewtwo
-King K. Rool
-Ridley

19 Votes

18 Votes
-Isaac

17 Votes

16 Votes

15 Votes

14 Votes
-Bowser Jr.
-Little Mac
-Roy
-Megaman

13 Votes

12 Votes

11 Votes
-Krystal
-Samurai Goroh

10 Votes
-Individual Dixie Kong
-Midna
-Claus

9 Votes
-Captain Syrup

8 Votes
-Deoxys
-Geno

7 Votes
-Kamek
-Vaati
-Toon Zelda
-Black Shadow
-Black Knight
-Saki
-Other (Two of these were for Toon G-dorf. The others didn't leave comments)

6 Votes
-Toad
-Paper Mario
-Dr. Mario
-Dixie as a Partner for Diddy
-Mona
-Tingle
-Starfy

5 Votes
-Lip
-Plusle & Minun
-Second PT

4 Votes
-Rosalina
-Waluigi
-Sukapon
-Tom Nook
-Ray Mk III

3 Votes
-Wolf Link
-Mach Rider
-Meowth
-Micaiah
-Kumatora
-Golden Sun 3 Protagonist
-A SoulCalibur Character
-Tabuu or Smash OC

2 Votes
-Daisy
-Baby Mario/Baby Bros
-Pichu
-Lyn
-Jeff
-Animal Crosser
-Another Sonic Character

1 Vote
-Takamaru
-Slippy
-Ninten
-Porky
-Andy
-Lloyd Irving
-Travis Touchdown

0 Votes
-Funky Kong
-Louie

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
The movesets for Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are pretty standard if you're familar with their moves and attributes in the actual pokemon games.

[...]

In a nutshell, I find that most people could look at these characters for a short time and figure out how they would work while I don't just see that with Chocobo and Slime.
From the sounds of it, you only have a beef with ChocoSlime because you're not familiar with the moves they have/could borrow from their own games.

Or maybe because you've got your heart set on someone else, whatever.

@n88: Is that poll getting around or is it just repeat votes from people here?

n88

Smash Lord
@Toise

You can't repeat vote. Well, you can vote for more than one character, but you can only do it once. There are currently just over 400 votes, so I'd estimate ~30 voters, although it's hard to tell, since some people vote for less than ten characters and some vote for thirty. But voting has picked up lately (50 Votes since yesterday).

@Everyone

If you would like to help w/the poll, try sigging it. :) Advertising is nice.

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
@Toise

You can't repeat vote. Well, you can vote for more than one character, but you can only do it once. There are currently just over 400 votes, so I'd estimate ~30 voters, although it's hard to tell, since some people vote for less than ten characters and some vote for thirty. But voting has picked up lately (50 Votes since yesterday).

@Everyone

Is that a conclusive poll or is it still open?

n88

Smash Lord
@WC

Open. Link in sig.

@Toise

I didn't want to have to IP block people. You leave me with no choice. For some reason, the Other category doesn't tell me what you voted for. You have to leave a comment on the poll.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
@Toise

@Everyone

My votes:

Krystal
Bomberman
Megaman
Mewtwo (I guess...)
Ganondorf (w/ his **** sword this time)
Birdo
Little Mac
Everyone else in the Brawl Roster.:026:

n88

Smash Lord
@Gunmaster

Did you actually vote in the poll? I'm not conducting it through this forum. You have to go here.

@Toise

Bill Cosby would have been a better pick. (Not really related, but Bill is still the best a write-in vote can do)

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Would this roster be good for SSB4? It has 50 characters (no one were removed from Brawl) and some of the most-wanted characters.

:mario2: :luigi2: :peach: :bowser2: :random: Toad
:dk2: :diddy: :random: :random: :olimar: Dixie Kong and King K. Rool
:yoshi2: :wario: :rob: :samus2: :random: Ridley
:link2: :zelda: :ganondorf: :toonlink: :random: Tingle
:pit: :random: :popo: :random: :random: Takamaru, Little Mac, and Duck Hunt Dog
:kirby2: :metaknight: :dedede: :falcon: :random: Samurai Goroh
:fox: :falco: :wolf: :random: :random: Krystal and Starfy
:pikachu2: :pt: :lucario: :jigglypuff: :mewtwo:
:marth: :ike: :roymelee: :ness2: :lucas:
:gw: :snake: :sonic: :random: :random: Mega Man and Travis Touchdown
No, to:
1. Toad. Bowser jr. is more likely IMO, him likely being main boss in NSMBW.
2. K. rool put an antogonist with the DK series, and also he is more popular. Not Dixie.
If she can manage to get a playable spot, it would be with Diddy.
3. You seem to have gotten Isaac's name confused with Starfy's. :lick:

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Starfy is a lot more likely than Isaac. Starfy has had 6 (?) games and a few cameos. Isaac has been in two and had a cameo in Brawl. Also Starfy has been introduced to Europe successfully like Fire Emblem was after Melee.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
That does not mean he's more likely.
Game count has only a bit part in deciding.
If Nintendo didn't see SOMETHING shine in GS, they wouldn't be currently working on a sequal.

As far as I know, Starfy had as many cameos as Isaac.

Well, Issac has a more widespread fanbase. Starfy is new to American/ Euro gamers, while Issace has been popular everywhere. Collectively, I think Issac is more popular, while Starfy probably has the Japan vote.

Though I'm fine with Starfy, just take out Krystal

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Well, Isaac's likelyhood has been discussed many times and I don't think we can truly decide till after GS3. Also Hero Dude, I didn't say that Nintendo saw nothing in the GS series, I just said that he should get in over Isaac. You suggested removing Starfy for Isaac (from Arcadenik's roster) and I think that's silly. Replace a character who has less relevance like Travis Touchdown.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
ROB's moveset really isn't that goofy mainly because it's pretty standard with a few robot cliches thrown in (ie: rocket boosters and lazers). Same with the Ice Climbers as their moveset focuses on the two main aspects from their game: ice and hammers. With this being said, even though those two were built from the ground up, there really wasn't too much creative investment overall. Now, if this is how Sakurai treats first party characters, I find it hard to believe that he'd go out of his way to make a third party character work if a general idea for a moveset isn't quickly apparent like with Sonic.

Also, Pokemon Trainer is only unique because of the switching aspect of the character. The movesets for Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard are pretty standard if you're familar with their moves and attributes in the actual pokemon games. Pokemon Trainer's original roadblock was programming issues, not creative ones. Basically, with him, it was known how they wanted to make him play out but they didn't know how to do it. It's like with Pit and Metaknight in Melee in how they couldn't figure out how to "flying" characters practical and balanced especially in a game where most people's recoveries and offstage games were average as it was. In a nutshell, I find that most people could look at these characters for a short time and figure out how they would work while I don't just see that with Chocobo and Slime.
Translation is basically: I don't know slime/chocobo and I don't see them borrowing moves from any games, MOVING ON.

There's a lot you can do with it. A Moves have It's beak and the slime, Specials have borrowed moves and FS Is Ultima. If you're against borrowing moves, say hi to Lucas and Ness. I don't see how that's really "Difficult" in any way for the developers to do.

DekuBoy said:
6 games etc
1)Isaac is having a 3rd game soon, all have been released in all states while...1 Has been released everywhere with starfy?
2)Sales - Mother has less games than Starfy (Along with SF and Olimar and multiple others I forget) but It's treated more as one of nintendo's bigger franchises. (Along with what GS is getting now)

Find more outside of number of games, then I'll be more convinced.

a character who has less relevance like Travis Touchdown.
While I don't totally believe he should get in; I believe a second third-party character is a lot better than most of the suggestions to add onto the roster of current series. Come on Square Enix!

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
Well, Isaac's likelyhood has been discussed many times and I don't think we can truly decide till after GS3. Also Hero Dude, I didn't say that Nintendo saw nothing in the GS series, I just said that he should get in over Isaac. You suggested removing Starfy for Isaac (from Arcadenik's roster) and I think that's silly. Replace a character who has less relevance like Travis Touchdown.

Travis Touchdown is VERY relavent. He ALREADY has the one thing that both third partys had that made it into Brawl. Company interest.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
@ Hero Dude

Not really, Starfy has had more cameos than Isaac ever did. I don't think Isaac ever had a cameo in any other games besides Brawl. Starfy had a cameo in Super Princess Peach and the first Mario & Luigi game.

Yes, Bowser Jr. may be one of the main bosses along with the seven Koopalings but Toads are two of the main protagonists along with Mario and Luigi. Protagonists usually get in first before the villains. That's why we only have like five villains (and two of them have been protagonists) in Brawl. Also, adding Toad would finally complete the Mario Big Eight. You know, the Mario Big Eight? Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Wario, and Bowser. The original five main characters from Super Mario Bros. (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Toad) all received counterparts (Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr., and Toadette) and Wario is the only counterpart who ever got his own franchise. Even Yoshi retroactively got Birdo as his counterpart. Bowser Jr. would likely end up as a Bowser clone anyway. Before anyone brings up how Bowser Jr. can be different from Bowser by using the paintbrush, Toon Link says hi. This is just another reason why I support Toad - he could be more unique. And one more reason, Toad has been part of the Mario history way longer than Bowser Jr. did that I think Toad ought to get in before Bowser Jr.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
On the discussion of Third-Parties in general: I still feel one more should join Smash 4 along with Megaman. Think about it this way: There's not really much you can move with each series...Some series that aren't like Kirby or LoZ Have... 1-2 more plausible additions? Brawl already has most of It's important characters as noted by FMOI And I. There's not really much (Roster-wise) That nintendo has that could generate a bunch of hype (Well, there is, but not much as huge as another third-party)

On the other hand, even If the current third-party characters return along with Megaman joining, It's hardly hyping and feels like a disappointment as opposed to brawl. To say MM Is the only one left is ridiculous. While Travis isn't the most plausible or agreeable one and would probably be total bias and begging even by 3 years, there's still Square Enix, Namco, Hudson, etc. (And don't tell me square enix in general doesn't have any fan demand)

Edit for Arc's roster:

Your roster is actually pretty good, asides from retro's (Because that's completely random) Every character I believe is plausible (At least, to a certain extent). However, Toad hasn't starred in much (2 Games he's held a role in o_o), Tingle is one of those iffy subjects, I believe Isaac is to get in over Starfy, and I Feel Dixie doesn't really need a seperate slot but It's still plausible. Also I feel Lucario will be removed for whoever the next rep is, Roy has that same issue.

But +1 for you for adding in another Third-Party asides from Megaman. That was enough for me to be pretty happy/respect it there. :laugh:

@Arcade
So, the fact that a characters has been seen for a small portion of a game as a non-important NPC helps his chances? I don't see how cameos matter at all

EDIT: My personal opinion of Arcade's list.
-Tingle (just my personal preferance)
-Krystal (Unnessecary, I also just don't Like here)
-Lucario for Mewtwo
+Issac (Keep Starfy put him in for any of the above two Subtractions)
-Tavis, Bomberman, or no other Third Parties
Props for Dixie, keep her where she's at

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
Travis' next game will be the last on a Nintendo platform Suda51 has said. All well and good he wants Travis in Smash Bros but... he's a nutcase. He says a lot of things.

@thethirdkoopa

Who even brought up the games releases in other regions? Japan = No.1 regarding Sakurai's choices. Also do you even know if Isaac is in the new GS?

I don't even know why we're still discussing this.

@Shino

Cameos mean that the characters are viewed as important enough to make appearances outside his/her series. That factor is pretty big in Smash terms.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Travis' next game will be the last on a Nintendo platform Suda51 has said. All well and good he wants Travis in Smash Bros but... he's a nutcase. He says a lot of things.
...Proof on the nutcase thing? He may actually be completely serious (keyword: may)

Who even brought up the games releases in other regions? Japan = No.1 regarding Sakurai's choices.
Something to back that up plz (All the choices got in more on importance in brawl, well, the new ones) The other regions overall still do have affect onto the choice. While Starfy may have japan advantage in popularity, Isaac still has popularity there.

Also do you even know if Isaac is in the new GS?
It doesn't matter If he's in it; It matters on the series in general. Ness/Marth/Lucas/Ike aren't in every game of there perspective series, but there series overall gains recognizeability.

And the protagonist at least looks very similar to Isaac from what we've seen. (Hi posters)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Nintendo puts Mario in a lot of cameo roles in non-Mario games because he is Nintendo's #1 mascot, you know. I think cameos are Nintendo's way of showing the characters some love. Maybe Nintendo loves Starfy more? Nintendo is even starting to extend that kind of love to Takamaru like they did for Little Mac. Little Mac had a playable cameo in that Fight Night game for the Gamecube, then he had a cameo in Captain Rainbow, and now he got his new game. Takamaru had a cameo in Captain Rainbow and now he is going to have a playable cameo in Samurai Warriors 3 for the Wii.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
@Third Koopa: There's a LOT of room for 1st/2nd party characters still. You could very easily reach 12 additions just through important characters from the previously existing series. Even then you'd have some who didn't make it. Throw in all the characters from new series and... yeah.

We don't need more 3rd parties for the sake of more 3rd parties.

Starfy having Cameos does not make him more likely, it shows that he had better oppurtunities to get into a cmaeo. How many Mario Games have their been since Starfy's creation in which he was not included? I'm guessing a lot.

Issac doesn't have cameo's because he is not the same kind of character as Starfy.

Also, Agrred wih Toise on the Roster point

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
@Third Koopa: There's a LOT of room for 1st/2nd party characters still. You could very easily reach 12 additions just through important characters from the previously existing series. Even then you'd have some who didn't make it. Throw in all the characters from new series and... yeah.
You don't need the space...I think I'm going to get this account to member temporarily to rename this to "Thirdkoopa" :laugh:

Anyways; Yeah, you can, but point is they won't be able to generate as much hype as another third-party. Now who was on the box again asides from mainly protaginists, Toise?

Who/What generated the most hype?

"OH MY GOD SONIC AND SNAKE ARE IN BRAWL"

We don't need more 3rd parties for the sake of more 3rd parties.
The sake of sales and representing more outside of nintendo isn't enough? 3rd Parties are a different case, mainly on: Fan Request and Begging Sakurai. (At least from what we know)

Does square/another third-party have Fan Request? Yes.
Have they begged Sakurai? No, but fans have. (Tho, we've had Megaman and Travis Touchdown's developers interested, and that's just in the time-span of less than 2 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom