• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tingle's popularity, chances, etc. Come from his own spin-pff games, then why isn't the idea of him being his own series more plausible. (In which case another Zelda rep is...possible....but unlikely)?

Sorry to interupt Toise/ Pieman

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Be honest. Are you advocating Tingle because you think Zelda has to have another character, or because the character himself is worth adding to the playable roster?

Look, Tingle is not popular. If you disagree with that, you're in denial. If you really think people reading Nintendo Power are the only ones who don't like him, you're being naive. Even the team behind his games realize this:

"He is not a cool guy at all, and he is not a character whom everybody likes. However, at least I can say he is a person who cannot be ignored. I believed there was a chance his public image could be changed from unfavourable to favourable depending on what kind of game we made, so I took a risk and chose him, despite knowing he was not liked by the people - especially in the U.S." - Kensuke Tanabehttp://ms.nintendo-europe.com/tingle/enGB/

Ouch. I wonder how many other developers have admitted that their star character isn't liked on their own website?

I posted the sales to give an impression on his situation in Japan. Compared to Zelda games, he's doing poorly (though the first game was still technically a success). His second game had the momentum from the first and even better reviews, yet it's doing noticably worse than the first so far. Kinda goes against the whole "but the Japanese are in love with him!" thought.

You have this impression that I feel adding Tingle is nothing short of catastrophic. How are you getting that? The only thing I've been saying is that he's not popular/likable, and as a result, his inclusion would be a flaw to the game. A flaw. A negative point. The kind of thing you avoid because too many of them ruin the big picture.

All I'm getting from you is:

** The "he won't hurt sales" line (which is technically false since ANY flaw translates to lesser sales if it's noticable; sales will only be significantly lowered if the sum of all the flaws is too great to ignore, and the game will absolutely have flaws anyway, so why add another intentionally?)
** Bad analogies (guess what, you can't avoid him if you play single-player modes, online, or use the random button)
** Comparisons to characters who AREN'T hated (unknown =/= unpopular; being unknown isn't a problem if the character is still likable)

The only reason to add Tingle is to gamble on his appearance reversing his unpopularity. The odds are against him on that since rarely does anyone fix a crappy reputation in one shot. He needs to do it on his own, in his own games, at his own pace. It'll take a while and he might never be fully accepted, but it's the only hope he has.

Thrust Tingle into the game now though, and it won't go well for him. Count on it.
I'm not advocating him; I hate his guts and I've said this several times. Aside from Daisy, he's my most hated video game character of all time. With that being said, there's an enormous side of this arguement that you're ignoring because you don't want to see Tingle and that's the big difference between you and me in this arguement. You're giving into your own bias, I'm not. I'd rather see Vaati 1000X times more than Tingle but, as I already said, he's only been in two games with the last one being 2005, he's virtually unknown outside of Zelda fans and even then he's not that popular. This could basically describe everyone else who's a "contender" for a Zelda spot: one or two games, they haven't been in a game in several years, and outside of Zelda fans they're not that popular.

Also keep in mind that I've been saying "IF" Zelda gets any new characters. Right now, you have all the major characters: Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and Toon Link. You have the two main playable characters, the main heroine, and the main villian. As I mentioned in another post, most of the major franchises have their major players on the table: Mario, Zelda, Kirby, and Pokemon; other franchises really don't need anybody else but they still have at least one more reasonable choice if need be: Donkey Kong, Star Fox, Wario, F-Zero, Mother, and Metroid; and other franchises really don't need anybody else: Pikmin, Yoshi, Ice Climber, Kid Icarus, Game and Watch, and ROB. In my opinion, the only already represented franchise in Smash that "needs" another rep at this time is Fire Emblem based on its size and history while other franchises (like Metroid) would just be icing on the cake. At this time, a Zelda addition is questionable but I can still say that Tingle's first in line with everyone else miles if not solely for the reason he has his own franchise. In short, unless somebody big and reoccuring comes along between now and 2012/2013 in the Zelda franchise, it's pretty much going to be Tingle or no one at all for new Zelda characters.

Also, don't demonize me for saying that Tingle has a chance. I'm more than aware that he's very unpopular. There's really no getting around that. As for the Nintendo Power comment, I was saying that he was kept out of the US because of them. People dislike him and that much is obvious but it's borderline insane to believe that people made accounts in large droves just to keep Tingle out of North America. With that being said, the decision WAS pretty much made by Nintendo Power subscribers with Nintendo.com accounts. It's like what I said earlier, people don't like him but, truth be told, most people don't care on the level that they'd go online to make sure any of his games never see the light of day in North Ameria. The poll didn't have that many people from what I remember. I voted against it but, at the time voting, I think there had only been about 400 people who voted. In comparison, as of September 2008, Brawl sold about 7.47 million copies. It's like with the Brawl poll, it's only estimated that 3-4 thousand people participated with at least 90% of those people being Japanese. Again, you're presented with a small percentage of people who are concerned with the game on a personal level.

As for your points:

1. As the Sonic and Final Fantasy franchises have shown us, games with big flaws in them still do great. If anything, this really doesn't apply to big franchises and, despite going against the ideal, developers of big games keep both little and big flaws in games all the time. Despite being called the offical death of the Sonic franchise, for example, Sonic and the Black Knight still sold 350,000 copies and despite the huge complaints against Sonic Unleashed (including the long standing complaints in the franchise like gimmicks, annoying side characters, and crappy camera), it still sold over a million copies. Also, despite being called a mediocre and complicated experience altogether, Final Fantasy Dissidia has managed to sell over two million copies worldwide.

As I already showed earlier, Brawl has a lot of flaws in it but still sold stuppendously well. You argued that many of the flaws were unintentional but I personally raise an eyebrow considering how at GDC 08 Sakurai said that he personally created all the characters and decided their properties himself. The ludicrous disjointed hitboxes on Snake's ftilt/utilt? Sakurai. King Dedede's dthrow chain grab? Sakurai. Most of Metaknight's attacks being disjoined, having close to no ending/landing lag, and among the highest priority in the game? Sakurai. The brokeness of the Land Masters and Super Sonic? Sakurai. These are just a few example of flaws in Brawl that the director himself was aware of but they were still let in. In the video game industry as a whole, this happens all the time and, for big franchises, people usually don't care. Heck, Sakurai pretty much said himself that online for Smash Bros was going to suck but it's still the most played online game for the Wii after Mario Kart Wii (another game with a lot of flaws, I might add with the biggest, the brokeness of blue shells, being completely blatent.) In the end, big flaws don't always equal to less sales.

"guess what, you can't avoid him if you play single-player modes, online, or use the random button"

OH DEAR GOD, people might actually have to see him!!!!! ... I'm stunned that you'd suggest that people would get pissed off simply by seeing him and go as far asrefusing to play the game. For single player you don't have to play as him and the game gives you options for unlocking other characters. Heck, I know a lot of people who don't even bother playing the single player mode and unlock most the major things through VS mode. For online, again, YOU don't have to play as him and it's pettiness in its most extreme form if you are angered by OTHER PEOPLE playing him. For the random button, you can always quit the match if you hate playing (or merely seeing apparently) him. As someone who absolutely can't stand Tingle, I'm having a hard time seeing things from your perspective. I used to hate Ike because everybody and their grandma used to play him online but that didn't stop me from playing online. I hated ROB for the longest time but it really didn't bother me that much when other people played him. Basically, you're highlighting the most disgruntled of disgruntled gamers and suggesting that they would somehow become the majority.

Regarding the lesser known and likeable characters, not everyone in Brawl is absolutely loved and people have taken their own courses to avoid them like I pointed out earlier. I don't think it'd be too much a stretch to say that more people dislike ROB than like him, for example. The Ice Climbers are in a similar boat too. People hated Wario simply because he farts. Pit has terrible voice acting. Sonic's his usual annoying self. Basically, people have found reasonable ways around this or have, lo and behold, put up with it because, in the grand scheme of the game, the annoying characters don't really detract from the experience or take away the game's appeal as a whole.

Some people argue that characters are added to promote their own games but the only character who had "advertising power" was Roy in Melee. Most people really don't care about the character's history and it's usually only a brave few who step out of their comfort zones to try new franchises based on those they "meet" in Smash Bros. If he becomes more popular, Nintendo gains but, if he doesn't, no skin off their nose because it doesn't cost them anything to add him in anyways and he'll probably continue having his own franchise and making cameos in the Zelda games.

All and all, I still see this as something that has been blown up to unholy levels despite the fact I'd love to see nothing more than Tingle fall out of the spotlight and into obscurity in the Zelda franchise. He's pretty much Zelda's only reasonable new addition at this if you want to go with the whole priority theory and, as I said, out of all the major franchises, Zelda's probably the most questionable when it comes to new additions simply because, as I said, there's pretty much no one left who really has a strong standing in the franchise. They're basically tapped for people who NEED representation much like the Kirby franchise but, unlike Kirby, there's only like 2-3 other people left that would even make sense/be practical. So, in the end, it's far from a guarentee because it's unlikely as it is that Zelda will even get another rep in the first place but, as far as Zelda characters go, Tingle's basically the only one left that makes sense aside from fan demand like Skull Kid or Vaati.

n88

Smash Lord
@Shino

Yes. Like Yoshi and Wario, Tingle will be judged for hs own series, not his parent series (Zelda).

Anyhow, in case anyone was curious, I thought I'd post the current standings from my poll:

Unquantifiable:

Toad

Originally, my poll did not block repeat voters. In that short period of time (A couple hours), a few characters got no more than one or two votes, and most got none at all. Toad got thirteen. After the block was put up, Toad began to gather votes at a much, much slower rate, leading to his current total of seventeen. It seems obvious that someone decided to vote for Toad multiple times, which means I don't really know how many votes he got. My best guess is four or five.

14 Votes
-Ridley

13 Votes
-King K.Rool
-Mewtwo
-Isaac

12 Votes
-Little Mac
-Megaman

11 Votes

10 Votes

9 Votes
-Samurai Goroh
-Roy

8 Votes
-Bowser Jr.
-Captain Syrup
-Claus

7 Votes
-Individual Dixie Kong

6 Votes
-Krystal
-Saki

5 Votes
-Tingle
-Midna
-Black Shadow
-Deoxys
-Black Knight
-Geno

4 Votes
-Kamek
-Vaati
-Plusle & Minun
-Tom Nook
-Other (If you voted for other, leave a comment on the poll saying who you wanted not on the list)

3 Votes
-Paper Mario
-Mona
-Sukapon
-Second Pokemon Trainer
-Starfy
-Ray Mk III
-Tabuu/Smash OC

2 Votes
-Dr. Mario
-Dixie Partnered w/Diddy
-Toon Zelda
-Mach Rider
-Lip
-Meowth
-Micaiah
-Kumatora
-SoulCalibur Character

1 Vote
-Rosalina :(
-Waluigi
-Wolf Link
-Lyn
-GS3 Protagonist
-Animal Crosser
-Andy
-Travis Touchdown

0 Votes
-Daisy
-Funky Kong
-Baby Mario
-Takamaru
-Louie
-Slippy
-Pichu
-Jeff
-Ninten
-Porky
-Another Sonic Character
-Lloyd Irving

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It is now over 27000!!

(Not over 9000, since memes are really super annoying :lick:)

I don't want to seem like a spammer, so I'll say somthing. Earthbound needs another character. Badly. Maybe the DK crew could use another one as well :/.
Kumatora plz. Claus would be just as good.

Then again, Earthbound doesn't "need" another character.

BBQTV

Smash Master
claus is basically the MK of mother

he looks just like lucas and wears a mask

which if funny cause its made by the same people [hal labs]

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
wait earthbound was only made by hal labs?
No, it was co-developed by APE. I apologize for being so rude. Also, MOTHER 3 was worked on primarily by Brownie Brown, but HAL did have a role in it.

Claus and Meta Knight are significantly different. They only have minor aesthetic similarities, but that's it. Claus is really is a twin of Lucas, but as far as we know, Meta Knight is not related to Kirby.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
How different are Claus and Lucas in theird in-game attacks (not that Sakurai would actually care)?
Considering I'm the mother enthusiast of this thread I might as well answer this:

Ness - Is similar to lucas, except he doesn't have that fancy combo stuff and is viable to use PSI More in-game. He however does "SMAAAAAAAAAASH!" Attacks more often, relating to how he plays in Smash with instead of combo's, he'll have more of a "Hit and run" Game while Lucas has the "Chain Attack" Game.

Lucas - Is a middle classed party member; He actually doesn't use the PSI Attacks he has in game asides from PSI Magnet, but when I played he was generally the healer of the party, or I'd use the bat to attack, thus combo's. Similar to how he plays in brawl.

Claus (Masked Man form of course) - Uses his sword (Sometimes to fire lightning), PSI (Heavy classes in this too) And fires beams from his arm cannon. He also has pig-bombs but never actually USES Them against lucas and friends, along with a jetpack (Similar to Lucas's rope snake)

Oh - And It's worth mentioning Claus is a character regularly low on defense unlike Lucas and Ness, but overall a VERY Offense boss fight both times.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Considering I'm the mother enthusiast of this thread I might as well answer this:

Ness - Is similar to lucas, except he doesn't have that fancy combo stuff and is viable to use PSI More in-game. He however does "SMAAAAAAAAAASH!" Attacks more often, relating to how he plays in Smash with instead of combo's, he'll have more of a "Hit and run" Game while Lucas has the "Chain Attack" Game.

Lucas - Is a middle classed party member; He actually doesn't use the PSI Attacks he has in game asides from PSI Magnet, but when I played he was generally the healer of the party, or I'd use the bat to attack, thus combo's. Similar to how he plays in brawl.

Claus (Masked Man form of course) - Uses his sword (Sometimes to fire lightning), PSI (Heavy classes in this too) And fires beams from his arm cannon. He also has pig-bombs but never actually USES Them against lucas and friends, along with a jetpack (Similar to Lucas's rope snake)

Oh - And It's worth mentioning Claus is a character regularly low on defense unlike Lucas and Ness, but overall a VERY Offense boss fight both times.
THis post makes me wish for claus to be playable in SSB4, and Brawl!

BBQTV

Smash Master
well what i was saying about how claus and MK were alike

wears a mask

have a look alike that doesnt wear a mask

related to each other

claus bro of lucas

MK star warrior kirby samething [but this is only said in the anime but they must have some connection

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I've been gone awhile......
yay 1800th page.....woop....

Claus (Masked of course) for SSB!

As 3rdkoopa said in a way, he has a lot to use.....and I say why not?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've been gone awhile......
yay 1800th page.....woop....

Claus (Masked of course) for SSB!

As 3rdkoopa said in a way, he has a lot to use.....and I say why not?
Because MOTHER HAS 2 MANY REPS!!!!!! or MOTHER IS COMPLETE!!!!

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
The ThirdKoopa, I want to see your top ten. Other people may post them if they want to, but I want to see his.
Heres mine:

1. Little Mac
2. Isaac
3. King K. Rool
4. Tingle
5. Mewtwo
6. Ridley
7. Bowser Jr.
8. Starfy
9. Claus
10. AW Infantry

But, on the subject of Tingle, I see what both of you are saying. Toise is stating reasons why he wouldn't put him in, and Fatman is saying why he wouldn't hurt. I really want Tingle in the game. But Toise is giving some pretty strong ideas as to why he won't be in. I can't think of anything to defend him with, but if someone can I would like that. It doesn't look like Tingle has good chances, if you see it the way Toise does. But Fatman sees it differantly.
IDK It just looks like the arguement isn't going anywhere becouse your both talking about two differant things.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Hmm you sure like to get angry easily and over what I've heard is an awesome series....

Representation can be pushed aside in some cases like (not sure here) Star Fox is apparently "over-repped" DK is "under-repped". I'm not sure but I think that's right. Honestly imo there's no such thing as over-repped (unless it gets out of hand) because why should it matter? As long as the character fits, brings something new to the table, and there's no problem with Nintendo it's fine.

This is only for Representation not everything.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hmm you sure like to get angry easily and over what I've heard is an awesome series....

Representation can be pushed aside in some cases like (not sure here) Star Fox is apparently "over-repped" DK is "under-repped". I'm not sure but I think that's right. Honestly imo there's no such thing as over-repped (unless it gets out of hand) because why should it matter? As long as the character fits, brings something new to the table, and there's no problem with Nintendo it's fine.

Actually, I wasn't being angry. I was saying what the typical response would be to your question.

I agree with you regarding the whole reps thing. As I've said before, Super Smash Bros. is not a Nintendo congress of sorts. It's a game about a bunch of Nintendo characters, and some other characters, getting together to beat the crap out of each other.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Actually; If we get say a 45 Character roster and mother got Claus added on, we'd have 1/15th of the roster being mother.

In brawl 1/17th of the roster is mother.

I'd write a pretty good wall about the overpopulation rule and priority and whatnot, but I have a feeling that SmashChu's going to grab a multi-bottle rocket, Cafe's going to bring out ness with a hankerchief, Toise is going to get his spider mech, You'll get Kuma out, FMOI/Pie will come in saying "NO 3 REPS" And before you know It I'll with 0 HP. :laugh:

The ThirdKoopa, I want to see your top ten.
Hmm...My top 10 most wanted characters with being realistic? Sure. I'll go at it: (I kept out third-parties)

1.Claus (Masked Man form):
Really, the true major disadvantage this dude has is the fact that Mother is a pretty small franchise; Even If It did apparently inspire pokemon. Unless M3/2 Get somehow sold here and sales go up, I can't totally see this happening just yet.

Still however; If we get a 3rd rep, chances are heavily leaning towards our masked man. He's original, He's requested, He has priority...What's not to like? There's only so much I could think of with a moveset (Bombs/Jetpack/PSI/Lightning Sword/Cannon/etc), oh and he comes from at least one of my most favorite RPG's. To be honest: I've supported him and lucas ever since I played M3 in japanese; Before I joined this site. Certainly would different from the rest of the cast.

2.Isaac:
How can anybody say no to this one? I can't see how GS Skipped out of getting a rep in brawl. The last "Big Franchise" Without a rep (Or one of the last) and I'm biased for RPG's. Magic/A sword...Can create some pretty cool stuff with this one. I don't want to take too much time on the rest of these now so...

3.Sukapon:
This robot has certainly earned his place in smash. For far too long he's been unable to program, and that's really the only thing hindering him from his appearence. Sukapon is the ultimate WTF, and infact, Joy Mech Fight is actually a pretty fun game. Was interested in him ever since the first day I heard about him.

4.Geno:
Yeah I'm biased. For all you Jr fans you can take a look lower on this list. Unlike the other three listed, he's mainly held upon Fan Request, and alas, has little priority for a series that is at least technically complete. His only real hope is If SE Wants a rep and they agree on him/Fan Request and Interest.

5.Ridley:
Certainly, along with villians/rivals like Claus/K.Rool/etc He's one of the last ones needed to fill up that part. Not only that but over his different forums, I see rather a lot of potential for him...And metroid has earned another rep that isn't ZSS.

6.Bowser Jr:
I don't really know; I honestly don't know. I'd like to see him in (Especially If he could change to shadow mario or something like that) I mean a paintbrush, a smaller much faster bowser, and he could even have moveset potential from the koopalings so that's rather a lot to have an interesting character. I don't know why but I see a story mode scene with Bowser Jr and Lucas.

7.Saki:
Ever since I played S&P I've thought this idea was pretty cool. Maybe if S&P2 sells well here...I can hope. He's not one I'd REALLY Want to see but It'd be great to have, and why not rep some of the smaller series since a lot of the bigger series are finished? (Or at least mostly)

8.K.Rool:
I really don't have much to write here; Somehow I wasn't surprised that he didn't show up in brawl, but with DK's sales, he certainly is viable, and It'd be better than 3 monkey's. He could be rather interesting with his various forms...Maybe his Down B Can make him change somewhat?

9.Samurai Goroh:
After playing F-Zero on the 64 a bit more again; He really has earned his spot. This is similar to K.Rool: I wasn't surprised that he didn't make a debut, he's cool and all, etc. And really, roster-wise, F-Zero has been cheated out of a lot. Well at least in melee they technically got another rep...Hi ganon? :laugh:

10.Krystal:
I just want this series complete because I'm biased for SF and the "The SF Roster must change everytime" Rule; Would be rather interesting with her staff and all, and she's a female that wouldn't be so "Filler" To add. OH YEAH IT HAS THE SAME AMMOUNT OF REPS AS MARIO POSSIBLY CRY ME A RIVER.

Runner-Ups:
Plusle & Minun:
Hero Dude, after you mentioned this, I can not stop thinking about it :laugh: Would be really interesting as a TRUE Replacement for Pichu.

Little Mac:
I like his game but I can't say I really like him that much as a character, however, after seeing cafe's moveset post, I must say bring on the fact that this guy's a shoe-in. I'm excited. (And would've had him at 11)

Animal Crosser:
The roster to me with brawl doesn't look that complete without it; Even If It can't fight Sakurai just give ACer a moveset. Rather an interesting ammount of potential (Can whack Bee's out, an axe, etc) and all but considering Sakurai's opinion on this...

... ._.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Actually, I wasn't being angry. I was saying what the typical response would be to your question.

I agree with you regarding the whole reps thing. As I've said before, Super Smash Bros. is not a Nintendo congress of sorts. It's a game about a bunch of Nintendo characters, and some other characters, getting together to beat the crap out of each other.
Okay we are at an agreement then.
guess that would be typical....

BBQTV

Smash Master
all i hear from mother/earthbound is claus or ninten but this is something i don't really know about

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

I think the "Overpopulation Rule" Word got overabused during brawl's release - Anyhow...

I sort of agree with you. I don't really know how to word this well but; some weird representation is destined to happen (Mother gets 2 reps while Metroid/F-Zero/etc still have two, or in melee, kirby/metroid/mother get the shaft while Starfox rides high with two reps) - The reason why people are using starfox as "Over-Repped" Is simply because of the fact that It's not really fair to have Starfox get a FOURTH Character while Metroid/Mother/F-Zero/DK/Etc get no new additions and are left with 1-2. Sakurai even has "Balance" On one of his priorities.

However; On the other hand, Sakurai could see differently than the eyes of average fans. It doesn't demolish Krystal's chances but It sorta says "We kinda need K.Rool/Ridley/Claus/Samurai Goroh/Etc Before we give Starfox another rep" - I however believe that krystal still has a chance, especially with 4 poll mentions. Sakurai just simply didn't know who she was in one of the journal mentions apparently.

But I agree It's overused when talking about Mother/Starfox/etc.

all i hear from mother/earthbound is claus or ninten but this is something i don't really know about
You really should take some time into it then. Mother 2/Earthbound and Mother 3 are great games...I really however can't say the same for Mother 1 (It's okayish)

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
1.Claus (Masked Man form):
Really, the true major disadvantage this dude has is the fact that Mother is a pretty small franchise; Even If It did apparently inspire pokemon. Unless M3/2 Get somehow sold here and sales go up, I can't totally see this happening just yet.
Hmmm.....kinda saw this coming. His chances are pretty low. Three seems like too many.
IF mother gets another rep, it will almost undoubtably be Claus.

2.Isaac:
How can anybody say no to this one? I can't see how GS Skipped out of getting a rep in brawl. The last "Big Franchise" Without a rep (Or one of the last) and I'm biased for RPG's. Magic/A sword...Can create some pretty cool stuff with this one. I don't want to take too much time on the rest of these now so...
Yeah, like Mac, Isaac is proboly the next best thing to a shoo in. Every character can fight.
To me, that isn't even a prob. He has arms and legs, he can fight.

3.Sukapon:
This robot has certainly earned his place in smash. For far too long he's been unable to program, and that's really the only thing hindering him from his appearence. Sukapon is the ultimate WTF, and infact, Joy Mech Fight is actually a pretty fun game. Was interested in him ever since the first day I heard about him.

4.Geno:
Yeah I'm biased. For all you Jr fans you can take a look lower on this list. Unlike the other three listed, he's mainly held upon Fan Request, and alas, has little priority for a series that is at least technically complete. His only real hope is If SE Wants a rep and they agree on him/Fan Request and Interest.
*Grumble Grumble*

5.Ridley:
Certainly, along with villians/rivals like Claus/K.Rool/etc He's one of the last ones needed to fill up that part. Not only that but over his different forums, I see rather a lot of potential for him...And metroid has earned another rep that isn't ZSS.
Just for trendy reasons, I agree.

6.Bowser Jr:
I don't really know; I honestly don't know. I'd like to see him in (Especially If he could change to shadow mario or something like that) I mean a paintbrush, a smaller much faster bowser, and he could even have moveset potential from the koopalings so that's rather a lot to have an interesting character. I don't know why but I see a story mode scene with Bowser Jr and Lucas.
No oppinion.

7.Saki:
Ever since I played S&P I've thought this idea was pretty cool. Maybe if S&P2 sells well here...I can hope. He's not one I'd REALLY Want to see but It'd be great to have, and why not rep some of the smaller series since a lot of the bigger series are finished? (Or at least mostly)
W/E. I don't care about S&P.

8.K.Rool:
I really don't have much to write here; Somehow I wasn't surprised that he didn't show up in brawl, but with DK's sales, he certainly is viable, and It'd be better than 3 monkey's. He could be rather interesting with his various forms...Maybe his Down B Can make him change somewhat?

9.Samurai Goroh:
After playing F-Zero on the 64 a bit more again; He really has earned his spot. This is similar to K.Rool: I wasn't surprised that he didn't make a debut, he's cool and all, etc. And really, roster-wise, F-Zero has been cheated out of a lot. Well at least in melee they technically got another rep...Hi ganon?

10.Krystal:
I just want this series complete because I'm biased for SF and the "The SF Roster must change everytime" Rule; Would be rather interesting with her staff and all, and she's a female that wouldn't be so "Filler" To add. OH YEAH IT HAS THE SAME AMMOUNT OF REPS AS MARIO POSSIBLY CRY ME A RIVER.
Yikes. Krystal will not get in unless she replaces Falco, and she won't.
No matter how much she needs to. Four just seems like too many for such a small series.

K. Rool and Goroh have about the same likelyness, if not K. rool more.
Two "Antogonistic" figures.

Little Mac:
I like his game but I can't say I really like him that much as a character, however, after seeing cafe's moveset post, I must say bring on the fact that this guy's a shoe-in. I'm excited. (And would've had him at 11)
FTW Atleast he got mentioned :)

Animal Crosser:
The roster to me with brawl doesn't look that complete without it; Even If It can't fight Sakurai just give ACer a moveset. Rather an interesting ammount of potential (Can whack Bee's out, an axe, etc) and all but considering Sakurai's opinion on this...
See Isaac.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A top ten list, eh? Well, I'll keep things short just to give people an idea of what I like:

1. Geno- Has been my favorite video game character since 1996.

2. Megaman- Been a fan of the franchise since 1994 with Megaman X.

3. Krystal- If anything, to add some freakin' variety to the Star Fox franchise. :laugh:

4. Isacc- I didn't get to play the two games until earlier this summer but I've come to realize that it's among one of Nintendo's most underrated franchises.

5. Ridley- My favorite video game villian.

6. Muddy Mole- Mole Mania is a little game that was released earlier in 1997 and directed by Miyamoto. Needless to say, Mario Kart 64 pretty stole any attention this game could have gotten and, in my opinion, is one of the best games on the Gameboy.

7. Takamaru- Cool game. Cool character. I'd love to see him revived in a big way.

8. Vaati- Basically a pipe dream now but I'd love to see Zelda represented by another magic user.

9. Little Mac- At this point, he pretty much deserves it.

10. Captain Syrup- Again, another pipe dream character but I strongly feel like the developers could go in very unique direction with this character if they put their minds to it. Basically, I've been a fan of her since Wario Land II.

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
6. Muddy Mole- Mole Mania is a little game that was released earlier in 1997 and directed by Miyamoto. Needless to say, Mario Kart 64 pretty stole any attention this game could have gotten and, in my opinion, is one of the best games on the Gameboy.
FTW! He is like my number -5! Demiru my number -4!

KingofKingDDD's

Smash Rookie
yeah **** microsoft they killed BK

BTW Rayman for d next smash, and more metroid and zelda reps as well (the less thing we need are more mario reps >_>)

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I thought we just went over the SF over-reppness, am I wrong?

In fact wasn't it in the post that you quoted?

Like he said Cry me a river. Mario will get another rep most likely anyways, so will Zelda....and Pokemon. How do you know the only way is to replace Falco? That's the typical "I don't want Krystal" response.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
The Third Koopa's right in that I would actually go and say that EB/Mother doesn't need another character...because it really just doesn't. The fact that it only has three games and two characters is actually quite a bit much in of itself. In addition, I don't see why it would be Claus when Porkey makes so much more sense. Now granted I could be wrong about this, since I havn't really played those games, but isn't Porkey one of the main bad guys in both games? Shouldn't that take priority over a the Masked Man? In addition, I would think that having a fighter in a spidermech would be a lot more interesting than the Masked Man's pottential abilities which seem quite generic.

Honestly though, given that there is almost no chance of a Mother 4, I really don't see it expanding.

(Also I don't think Golden Sun could be considered the last "Big Franchise" when at the time of Brawl it only had two games for a portable system. Other Nintendo series had that much or more, most notably the _____ Wars series which seemed to be paired off with Golden Sun back in the GBA day.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Quoted from Earthbound Wiki on Masked Man (Claus)

"Surprisingly, he is the final boss, rather than Pokey Minch, King P himself. Because of this, Pokey has been the penultimate boss in both games he has appeared in."

One of the main, but penultimate. I think that's right.

Sucks to be second-to-last

Hero Dude

Smash Journeyman
So you think I said that becouse I don't want Krystal, and not at all becouse SF would have four reps?
Krystal would be cool, I just don't want SF to get four reps when some one else could take the spot.
SF series just isn't big enough.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
It's been goin longer than other series just they, I guess, decided to spread their games out more than others. There's been one per system if I'm not wrong. Besides GB of any kind.

Mowrt620

Smash Journeyman
In a box filled with peas 300 feet below ground
My top ten, even though i posted it a while back would be.....

1. Pac Man- cuz hes retro, classic, and very popular, like mario and sonic
2. Sora- Kingdom Hearts is the best game, nuff said
3. Animal Crosser- another popular nintendo series rep would be good, and this is a good start
4. Geno- Come on, he's Geno!
5. Ridley- He's awesome, not too big, and another Metroid rep.
6. King K. Rool- DK is in diar need of a new rep
7. Bomberman-He's cool, bombs are a new weapon, and umm...... he's cool?
8. Megaman- He's just awesome, and needs some more recognition
9. Balloon Fighter- another retro character with a very unique moveset in his horizon
10. Dig Dug- I created a moveset for him, and it was really cool, using the dragons to breath fire, droppin' rocks, and the likes. He would be cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom