• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSDX

Wah!
It was a joke, hence the smiley. O.o

Although I personally think the pink hair looked rather good on Link. Would have been rather cool to have seen a Twilight Princess style pink haired Link.
lolInternetSarcasm

I can't sense it...

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking...what would u guys think if ninendo shocked everyone and made SSB4's roster have 80 characters, 90 stages, 400 songs, 6 mulitplayer, and wifi with no lag? IMO that would EPIC!

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking...what would u guys think if ninendo shocked everyone and made SSB4's roster have 80 characters, 90 stages, 400 songs, 6 mulitplayer, and wifi with no lag? IMO that would EPIC!
80 characters is too much. I'd say about 20 new stages, 5 from Brawl, Melee and original. You don't need that much music. 4 player is plenty. WiFi without lag? One can only hope.

BBQTV

Smash Master
how many does brawl have im mean just add a few more 50 30 40 seems a bit much don't you think

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
80 is way too much........how bout 70? :laugh: or 69?

honestly it could be.........62 w/ random making it 63

I say that would work because of the whole column thing maybe

anyways what are we gonna talk bout now?

Hero.

Smash Cadet
I would like as much music as possible though. The emphasis on music in Melee to Brawl changed a lot. Now I'd like it to change even more, more songs and the abilty to play any song on any stage

§leepy God

Smash Master
I would like as much music as possible though. The emphasis on music in Melee to Brawl changed a lot. Now I'd like it to change even more, more songs and the ability to play any song on any stage
Yea, Music is great and all, but let's not forget about the gameplay. And playing every song on every stage is more than unnecessary, how would it sound if a Mario song be in a Metroid stage.... sounds wrong right? I would like it better if the song can go to every stage if they're on the same series, not on every stage.

n88

Smash Lord
@Roster #

I would never want to see more than 70 characters in Smash. Any more than that, and balancing is nigh impossible, and some pretty undeserving/unpopular characters would get in.

@Music

I'm gonna have to side with Sleepy One on this. I wouldn't mind hearing Parasite Queen on Norfair, but I would hate hearing it on Castle Siege.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Yea, Music is great and all, but let's not forget about the gameplay. And playing every song on every stage is more than unnecessary, how would it sound if a Mario song be in a Metroid stage.... sounds wrong right? I would like it better if the song can go to every stage if they're on the same series, not on every stage.
That's silly. That may be weird to you and some others, but maybe some people (me) would like to hear the music I like from any series on any stage.

I don't care for Metroid Music, Sonic Music, or Wario Music. But Mario and Zelda (Espicially Zelda) would be much preferred on any stage while Metroid/Sonic. So giving players the choice is perfectly acceptable. People like me and Finman can plya whatever we want whereever we want, While you guys can play stage specific, everyone wins.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I for one am in favor of keeping Mario music on Mario stages, Metroid music on Metroids stages, and ____ music on ____ stages. (assuming _____ has a stage) It really does break the atmosphere if you have Mario's ground theme on say a Skytown stage for Metroid. Plus, if the next game has the same amount of music as Brawl did (if not more) then I would think that it would be hard to create a system that allows around say 5-8 slots per stage to have interchangable music for what I assume will be 50 stages. In reality, I would think that in such a situation that type of program would be completely avoided, and instead they'd just have a custom soundtrack or something. (Which again for the record I deeply do not want)

And sorry if I sound like I'm insulting you SBF (though it is a bit of a insult) but if you prefer Mario music over Metroid music on a Metroid themed stage no-less, then you've got some pretty bad taste in Video Game music. :dizzy:

Honestly I don't really pay too much attention to Music, unless it's something I really enjoy or really hate. The Song of Storms and OoT Medley, for example I love, while I recall no Metroid music because it really isn't memorable at all.

n88

Smash Lord
Honestly I don't really pay too much attention to Music, unless it's something I really enjoy or really hate. The Song of Storms and OoT Medley, for example I love, while I recall no Metroid music because it really isn't memorable at all.
Really? I've had the Metroid Prime theme playing in my head for the last week or so. What's memorable and what isn't is rather dependent on bias.

I suppose I meant appealing over Memorable, as you stated, a song will make a better impression based on your preference for games. OoT was one of my favorite games so those two songs will naurally appeal to me, while Metroid has never been my favorite series, so the music means little to me.

Hero.

Smash Cadet
Than any song on the orginal smash bros stages. I'm sure nobody would mind Live & Learn on Final Destination, or Song of Storms on Battlefield

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think it would be cool to be able to play mp3s so when you are at least at home you can listen to whatever you want to and hear the character and gamplay sounds simultaniously. Of course online play it would be just the stage music

Hero.

Smash Cadet
I think it would be cool to be able to play mp3s so when you are at least at home you can listen to whatever you want to and hear the character and gamplay sounds simultaniously. Of course online play it would be just the stage music
Now thats going a little to far.

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
Well while there is certainly a degree of bias in what's prefered as to what's not, Song of Storms seems like the type of song that gets stuck in your head no matter what your stance on OoT is. :p
Basically, yeah.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Maybe so, but it can't be that difficult to program in. I just like to fight to metal or rock like music so I just think it would be a perk but definitely nothing that will make or break the game

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
I guess 80 characters is a bit much lol. I just hope SSB4 won't be as limited as brawl.

Here is some new stages I feel would be great for SSB4.

Good Egg Galaxy
Sarasaland
Princess Peach's Castle (New and improved)
Bowser's Castle
Hyrule Castle (New and improved)
Yoshi's Island (New and Improved)
Castle Lololo
Bubbly Clouds
Pokemon Coloseum
Unknown Dungeon
Mute City (New and inproved)
Fire Field
Twoson
Tazumili Village
Bonus Stage (Ice Climber)
Flat Zone 3
Underworld
Akenia
Wario Ware 2
Seaside Gate
Tail's Lab
Can't think of anymore...I know I forgot Snake's and DK's course. I know Link will get 4 to 5 courses but I don't really know the Zelda series very well.
Oh, and, excuse my grammer.

LSDX

Wah!
I vouch for a feature that lets one turn off gimmicks on stages to make them become more standrd (i.e. Turn the lava effects off on Norfair). I'd say to go for a limit of character count wich goes from either 50-60 chars, which an inclusion of probably two to three 3rd party chars. I'd say cut Snake, but that's just me (ht very "smash-like" in my opinions).

A bign turn off in brawl was the lack of speed, so all is a go-go on that. Melee 2.0? Yes pl0x.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I vouch for a feature that lets one turn off gimmicks on stages to make them become more standrd (i.e. Turn the lava effects off on Norfair). I'd say to go for a limit of character count wich goes from either 50-60 chars, which an inclusion of probably two to three 3rd party chars. I'd say cut Snake, but that's just me (ht very "smash-like" in my opinions).

A bign turn off in brawl was the lack of speed, so all is a go-go on that. Melee 2.0? Yes pl0x.
Smash 4 should be a different beast altogether, honestly. and it also depends on what would be classified as a "gimmick" in a stage.

Shyguy1994

Smash Rookie
~.~

Cmon guys... Lord Hector? From Fire Emblem? The one who utterly destroys everything (but gets unfortunately killed by King Iman******* in FE6)? He would be great as an Ike alt. Forget Greil/BK, what problems can't be solved by a thunder-charged battleaxe? A good final smash would be an Armads critical, not quite as flashy as Ike's, but WIN all the same.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JL_-3iWInI

~.~

Cmon guys... Lord Hector? From Fire Emblem? The one who utterly destroys everything (but gets unfortunately killed by King Iman******* in FE6)? He would be great as an Ike alt. Forget Greil/BK, what problems can't be solved by a thunder-charged battleaxe? A good final smash would be an Armads critical, not quite as flashy as Ike's, but WIN all the same.

Proof: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JL_-3iWInI
Granted Hector was cool, but he's not very popular anymore...and he's not that much of a tank...

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
What the Shinx? I swear I saw quotes of Sakurai stating that he would not be making another Smash game EVERYWHERE on teh interwebz soon after Brawl was released. Now Google denies me of this information. Guess I should be keeping up with my Sakurai news. Though, in my defense, when a game designer states something like that so sternly, and said statement is posted all over, one tends to believe that designer. So another SSB game is very possible?? That's actually brought my hopes up!

Uhm...what should I add?... Oh yeah! I don't find 80 characters to be overwhealming. I'm perfectly fine with 493 Pokemon. Then again, Pokemon is a completely different type of game... And I think the casual Smashers might lose interest with too many characters. (Then again, who cares about them? The true fans are those that should be cared about!) I still don't see why it's more of a bad idea than a good one. 80 characters is a bit much to jump up to from 35, though. Maybe we'll see 80 by SSB6-ish.

And I prefer Brawl over Melee. I don't care what anyone says. I find Brawl to be much faster, and Melee's weight made it nearly impossible to do a successful air/edgeguard combo. I find that when knocked off the stage in Melee, the first thing I have to do is focus completely on recovering right away. I have more freedom with my recovery time with Brawl's gravity. And I also have more freedom with the Wiimote & Nunchuck as opposed to the Dolphin's controller. More room for your arms to stretch out...

But, that's just me.

Origami170

Smash Rookie
I don't know if you already know this, but I read somewhere that Sakurai IS considering a sequel to Brawl.

Anyway, here's who I want in SSB4:

* Little Mac (NES design) and some other retro characters
* Roy
* Lyn
* Samurai Goroh
* Waluigi
* Daisy (not as one of Peach's costumes)
* Mega Man (everyone wants him)
* Tails
* Knuckles
* Amy Rose
* Ryu (Street Fighter)
* Krystal

I guess that's about it. I'll see what else I can think of.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Maybe we'll see 80 by SSB6-ish.
I really doubt Smash will ever see so many characters.

Mr. S: "I felt that a large premise of the project was that this was not a series that would continue indefinitely. After all, it wasn’t possible to keep on increasing the characters that are entitled to take the field in Smash Bros."

Even if you stretch the definition of "entitled," you'd max out at around 60.

Well if Nintendo ever gets out of the gutter and makes some mainstay series with decent characters then theres always a possibility in a spike of entiltiled characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom