• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Sorry if I'm getting myself into a flame war here, but Geno is some random third party character from some unknown SNES game. He will never be in smash. If a Square representative ever gets into Smash, It will be Terra or Black Mage. Mark my words.
yeah but if that happens genos chances are slightly higher

n88

Smash Lord
I swear, this thread goes to **** so quickly. Rivaled only by Meta Knight-ban threads.

Geno isn't really all that popular. He maay have some obnoxious youtube rant videos about how he should have been in, but Sakurai uses his polls (Which Geno did not do well on) as a gauge of popularity. Not Smashboards. Not Youtube.

Plus, most of Geno's fans are Smash players who would buy the game anyway, regardless of whether Geno was in or not.

@Bashing the Duck Hunt Dog

He probably won't get in, no. But nobody said that he would. Arcadenik put the dog on his wishlist, not his prediction.

BBQTV

Smash Master
yeah genos not getting in moving on i think this thread is at its limits

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Neo Exdeath said:
Anyways.. How 'bout them final fantasy characters?
You mentioned Terra earlier, and I would **** all over the TV when I unlocked her because I love FFVI so much, but I think the most likely option for a Final Fantasy character would be Chocobo. Chocobos are very iconic of the FF series, and Chocobo even has his own series of games (Chocobo Mystery Dungeon). After that I would say Black Mage, who is loaded with moveset potential (He could use FF spells like Firaga and Blizarra) but doesn't have his own games like Chocobo does. After that are the protagonists of FF1-6 plus the WiiWare FFs.

Yeah, that's my two cents.

BBQTV

Smash Master
if sora was here i'd **** now when you say blackmage do you mean vivi? then yes chocobo maybe

Uh, I think for sure that Meta Knight might nerf because he's 1st place in the tier just like what happened to Fox (SSBM) and Pikachu(SSB) but if he buffs, oh wow he's cross broken.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Why would the Duck Hunt dog ever be in Smash? As far as I can see, he has no moveset potential.
that dog wouldn't even be considered
@ both quotes above. Most of us said the same thing about R.O.B. before Brawl. :rolleyes:

Well, at least someone agrees with my point of view. Honestly, I never got why some people want every single retro character in Brawl, no matter how stupid or pointless they are, like Geno.
Well, obviously we are not getting every single retro character in Brawl because Brawl is already out. And I don't want every single retro character in SSB4. I only want Little Mac (revived retro), Takamaru (Japan-only retro), and Hunting Dog (international retro) in addition to Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch.

I swear, this thread goes to **** so quickly. Rivaled only by Meta Knight-ban threads.

Geno isn't really all that popular. He maay have some obnoxious youtube rant videos about how he should have been in, but Sakurai uses his polls (Which Geno did not do well on) as a gauge of popularity. Not Smashboards. Not Youtube.

Plus, most of Geno's fans are Smash players who would buy the game anyway, regardless of whether Geno was in or not.

@Bashing the Duck Hunt Dog

He probably won't get in, no. But nobody said that he would. Arcadenik put the dog on his wishlist, not his prediction.
What Meta Knight-ban threads? Are these threads about banning Meta Knight from tournaments? If so, that's stupid. They need to learn how to get around Meta Knight's offenses and defenses if they want to win the tournaments, not take the easy way out by banning him from tournaments.

I agree about Geno. I would still buy the game with Geno in it even though it would greatly displease me, just like I still bought Brawl even though I was displeased with Snake and Sonic. Why deny myself the opportunity and fun of playing as Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Pit, Meta Knight, Lucas, and R.O.B. just because I don't like Snake and Sonic?

I will admit that the Duck Hunt Dog might not get in SSB4 as a playable character but I am really hoping that he would be playable in SSB4. If he gets in as an Assist Trophy... well, I will be disappointed, yes, but I will get over it and try to be happy that at least the dog is part of the action, even if for a few seconds.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
@ both quotes above. Most of us said the same thing about R.O.B. before Brawl. :roll
At least R.O.B was a part of video game history. R.O.B. saved video games. Look it up.
Well, obviously we are not getting every single retro character in Brawl because Brawl is already out. And I don't want every single retro character in SSB4. I only want Little Mac (revived retro), Takamaru (Japan-only retro), and Hunting Dog (international retro) in addition to Pit, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., and Mr. Game & Watch.

I was talking about different people on these forums. Not you.

What Meta Knight-ban threads? Are these threads about banning Meta Knight from tournaments? If so, that's stupid. They need to learn how to get around Meta Knight's offenses and defenses if they want to win the tournaments, not take the easy way out by banning him from tournaments.

I agree about Geno. I would still buy the game with Geno in it even though it would greatly displease me, just like I still bought Brawl even though I was displeased with Snake and Sonic. Why deny myself the opportunity and fun of playing as Olimar, Pokemon Trainer, Pit, Meta Knight, Lucas, and R.O.B. just because I don't like Snake and Sonic?

Ditto here.
I will admit that the Duck Hunt Dog might not get in SSB4 as a playable character but I am really hoping that he would be playable in SSB4. If he gets in as an Assist Trophy... well, I will be disappointed, yes, but I will get over it and try to be happy that at least the dog is part of the action, even if for a few seconds.
Comments in lime.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think you are giving R.O.B. too much credit. He did not save the gaming industry all on its own. R.O.B. was used as a Trojan horse, designed to look like a toy to trick toy stores to sell the NES and parents to buy the NES. But R.O.B.'s bundled game Gyromite wasn't that great.... that's where Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt come to the picture. Duck Hunt was used to market the NES Zapper and were bundled with the NES (this is why Duck Hunt is synonymous with the NES and especially the NES Zapper to this day) and Super Mario Bros. was the masterpiece that proved the people of the 1980s that not all video games are crappy like E.T.

Neo Exdeath

Smash Ace
I think you are giving R.O.B. too much credit. He did not save the gaming industry all on its own. R.O.B. was used as a Trojan horse, designed to look like a toy to trick toy stores to sell the NES and parents to buy the NES. But R.O.B.'s bundled game Gyromite wasn't that great.... that's where Super Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt come to the picture. Duck Hunt was used to market the NES Zapper and were bundled with the NES (this is why Duck Hunt is synonymous with the NES and especially the NES Zapper to this day) and Super Mario Bros. was the masterpiece that proved the people of the 1980s that not all video games are crappy like E.T.
Okay, he was one of many things. However, it's R.O.B who's remembered nowadays, not the Duck Hunt dog. Nintendo seems to like R.O.B, as evidenced by WarioWare and Mario Kart DS, so he stays. Also, as shown by the Star Fox series, it doesn't matter if your game is bad or not.
Duck Hunt, however, is not remembered at all. The only reason I would want him in is for sweet revenge.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Duh. Of course R.O.B. stays. No one said R.O.B. should be removed from SSB4. Also, if Duck Hunt is not remembered at all, why do we have Duck Hunt-related cameos in WarioWare games, Tetris DS, and Wii Play? Despite no new Duck Hunt games for over 20 years, Nintendo still remembers Duck Hunt and the fans still want a new Duck Hunt game. I remember fans being excited over Duck Hunt Wii back in E3 2006 when Nintendo showcased playing Duck Hunt with the Wii Remote. It turned out to be Wii Play, though... but it tells me that fans still want a new Duck Hunt game.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
In responce to a comment about the Duck Hunt Dog being compared to ROB, a fair amount of people actually thought that ROB could work back in the speculating days for Brawl, thanks to his recent cameos, and long term notariaty. People's views of his chances though went down the toilet though when he was revealed to be a generic enemy in SSE, though little did we know of his technical role. In comparison, the Duck Hunt dog never was speculated to be included by many people, and since he's an individual, he can't get in for story purposes like ROB did. While its certainly true that no one expected ROB at that one point, like no one really expects that dog, its still not the same situation at all.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
im mean in that basketball game the mage has got to be vivi
No, the picture of the mage holding the basketball is a Black Mage. It's artwork from Mario Hoops 3 on 3, where Black Mage (and he's called BLACK MAGE in the game, not VIVI) is playable.

Vivi looks like most generic Black Mages. If you want proof, image Google Black Mage, and you'll probably find out.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
No, the picture of the mage holding the basketball is a Black Mage. It's artwork from Mario Hoops 3 on 3, where Black Mage (and he's called BLACK MAGE in the game, not VIVI) is playable.

Vivi looks like most generic Black Mages. If you want proof, image Google Black Mage, and you'll probably find out.
He speaks the truth.

Vivi is A black mage, but not THE black mage is that picture. Black Mages date back to FF1 where Vivi is only in FF9 (and KH2 if you want to get technical).

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Duh. Of course R.O.B. stays. No one said R.O.B. should be removed from SSB4. Also, if Duck Hunt is not remembered at all, why do we have Duck Hunt-related cameos in WarioWare games, Tetris DS, and Wii Play? Despite no new Duck Hunt games for over 20 years, Nintendo still remembers Duck Hunt and the fans still want a new Duck Hunt game. I remember fans being excited over Duck Hunt Wii back in E3 2006 when Nintendo showcased playing Duck Hunt with the Wii Remote. It turned out to be Wii Play, though... but it tells me that fans still want a new Duck Hunt game.
Think of it this way:

People hated Gyromite and Stack-Up, but they loved the robot.
People loved Duck Hunt, but they hated the dog.

That's why R.O.B. makes cameos all the time and the dog is pretty much dead. Similarly, we don't see much of R.O.B.'s original games, now do we?

PKKP

Smash Rookie
Honestly, I cant imagine any flying character being in brawl. Dnya Blade or Ridley seem huge and bulky. Also, I always just imagine them as flying...like never touching the ground, just FLYING. AND ATTACKING. Srsly? And some of these character are just seem out of place. SEEMINGLY. Megaman, Bomberman, Geno and, *groan* Cloud(all of which are 3rd party chars btw). Cloud seems like he would need some super-powerful OHKO to even be used for anything other than the major fanservice. DISCLAIMER:Opinion, not troll. Androgyneous(sp) guys with spiky blonde hair is RPG turf, and no one wants to see SSB4 get shanked for being on the wrong side of town. Aside from that, I cant really say anything that hasnt been said. :ohwell: Also, WallofText ftw, and for SSB4.

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I cant imagine any flying character being in brawl. Dnya Blade or Ridley seem huge and bulky. Also, I always just imagine them as flying...like never touching the ground, just FLYING. AND ATTACKING. Srsly? And some of these character are just seem out of place. SEEMINGLY. Megaman, Bomberman, Geno and, *groan* Cloud(all of which are 3rd party chars btw). Cloud seems like he would need some super-powerful OHKO to even be used for anything other than the major fanservice. DISCLAIMER:Opinion, not troll. Androgyneous(sp) guys with spiky blonde hair is RPG turf, and no one wants to see SSB4 get shanked for being on the wrong side of town. Aside from that, I cant really say anything that hasnt been said. :ohwell: Also, WallofText ftw, and for SSB4.
I agree with everything other than Ridley. I can seee him working. Stands, glides (like mewtwo) when running, etc, etc. Again I dont see problems with size. If olimar can be resized from the approximate size of a quarter than ridley can be cut down a bit (looks at Melee's opening movie). But this is just my opinion.

BBQTV

Smash Master
pkkp was the first person to mention dyna blade not a single person has brought up the idea of him in

Finman702

Smash Journeyman
pkkp was the first person to mention dyna blade not a single person has brought up the idea of him in
This would be my roster by series:
Mario, Luigi, Waluigi, Wario, Peach, Toad, Yoshi, Birdo, Bowswer, Geno
Zelda/Sheik, Link, Majora's Mask Link/Toon link(you can pick which one to use like Samus and Zamus) Ganon, Vaati, Nabooru.
DK, Diddy, Dixie, Tiny, K.rool
Fox, Falco, Krystal, Wolf, Leon, Panther
Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, P.Trainer, Pulse & Minum
Ike, Lyn, Marth, Roy
Ness, Lucas, Claus, Paula
Kirby, DeDeDe, MetaKnight, Dynablade
C.Falcon, Black Shadow
Samus/Zamus, Ridley, Dark Samus
Olimar-ROB-Game & Watch-Ice Climbers-Pit-Isaac-Lip-
Sonic - Snake - Bomberman - Megaman

This adds up to 66 characters
13-girls
16- antagonists

Fix adventure modes repeditiveness. Make it so the characters fight each other more i liked this adventure mode when you fought in the battles like lucas vs wario, mario and pit vs yoshi and link. If they could pull this off then they could become creative with the storyline.
-I would have have it so 6 combatants could fight at a time, like multiman melees.
-No tripping
-Declone Ganondorf, toonlink, and lucas.
Star fox they can declone falco a bit more, but otherwise i like that they all play the same way, there fore i think they should just give them all a reflector, and a fire fox like recovery. And a Blaster, O and NO CLONED LANDMASTERS
-Make it so you can only air dodge once.
-No stickers, masterpieces.
-Give each character a home stage like melee did in all star mode
- bring most stages back, and any n64 ones bring them back but make there graphics spectacular.
-Better stage builder, trophies, items,
-Give alternate costumes(not alternate characters, thats a stupid idea)
Lastlly in the records, record the KO's computers get, why they stopped doing this in brawl is beyond me.
Page 7...
There were about 6 other posts with Dynablade mentioned. You should do a search next time. Not too hard... Just saying.

Ridley is kinda large. He might be larger than Bowser or worse he might be 1/4 of Final Destination.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Think of it this way:

People hated Gyromite and Stack-Up, but they loved the robot.
People loved Duck Hunt, but they hated the dog.

That's why R.O.B. makes cameos all the time and the dog is pretty much dead. Similarly, we don't see much of R.O.B.'s original games, now do we?
I understand what you're saying but Duck Hunt does get cameos from time to time, including the dog. Wasn't the dog's laughter even part of the Duck Hunt portion of the Famicom Medley song in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom