• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero.

Smash Cadet
Sakurai said that he would not be working on another Smash Bros game. Yet, due to the Smash series' popularity, it would be completely idiotic to end the series there. Therefore, chances are, it's either a bluff or the next SSB game will be sans Sakurai. So we're thinking of what could and/or should be in the next game.
I see. This thread has 1636 posts now every time somebody posts something can that be considered as a signature? Meaning we should have a good petition here to pass on to nintendo. Possible?

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I see. This thread has 1636 posts now every time somebody posts something can that be considered as a signature? Meaning we should have a good petition here to pass on to nintendo. Possible?
Possible? Yes I'm not sure if we should start doing that just yet, plus Nintendo/Sakurai would probably laugh..... :(

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I thought spyro was dead. the square enix characters that have any chance would be geno (through fanbase like sonic), black mage, and white mage.

the two games that had nintendo colliding with square enix
super mario RPG
Mario hoops 3-3
I hope for black mage or white mage to be playable. or atleast trophies.
Your forgot that there is another game where Square and Nintendo teamed up, Itadaki Street DS. That game was basically a Mario/Dragon Quest board game, sometimes there were RPG battle sequences. Which makes it quite funny to see Mario characters fighting DQ enemies.

Here is some video of Itadaki Street DS if you are simply interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LXh1brLauo

Also, awhile back someone mentioned that Slime was disqualified from being in Brawl due to not having limbs. Not taking into consideration that he is slime, Sakurai (or Square) could be very creative and make use of this to compensate for tilts and possibly smashes. He can hold items as Rocket Slime has shown and let us not forget his magical abilities. Technically Ivysaur should have been disqualified yet Sakurai managed to work around that.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Blarg, NT, your image screws with the page.

Deoxy's only chance, at least in my opinion, is if SSB4 (Or even hypothetically 5) comes out at around the same time that another hypothetical remake of R/S comes out. Otherwise, he's just not topical enough.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Blarg, TN, your image screws with the page.

Deoxy's only chance, at least in my opinion, is if SSB4 (Or even hypothetically 5) comes out at around the same time that another hypothetical remake of R/S comes out. Otherwise, he's just not topical enough.
Since HG/SS is supposedly coming out soon, there may be plenty of time for that to happen.

@Neckbeard Torterra:

Next time you use a big image, use an Imageshack link instead. That's what I usually do for ridiculously large images.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Since HG/SS is supposedly coming out soon, there may be plenty of time for that to happen.

@Neckbeard Torterra:

Next time you use a big image, use an Imageshack link instead. That's what I usually do for ridiculously large images.
Well the remakes are supposed to be technially coming out around 10 years after their originals game out, as G/S were originally released in 1999 (at least in Japan) and now are being released in 2009. If that type of trend continues, then pottential remakes of those games could show up at around 2012.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I was thinkin that we should get some stuff from the Mario & Luigi Series........

1. If Baby Mario Bros. get in they should have a PiT moveset
2. If Bowser Jr. gets in he should have a few moves from his appearance there (I think it was him....)
3. Bowser could get a couple of moves from Bowser's Inside Story
4. Maybe a Boss
5. Maybe a Stage

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well the remakes are supposed to be technially coming out around 10 years after their originals game out, as G/S were originally released in 1999 (at least in Japan) and now are being released in 2009. If that type of trend continues, then pottential remakes of those games could show up at around 2012.
Going by that theory, I did some quick research on Ruby/Sapphire's original release, which happens to be 2002 (in Japan, of course).

Therefore, it'll be just in time for the next console that will supposedly be conceived for 2012, which seems fair enough.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Starphoenix said:
Also, awhile back someone mentioned that Slime was disqualified from being in Brawl due to not having limbs. Not taking into consideration that he is slime, Sakurai (or Square) could be very creative and make use of this to compensate for tilts and possibly smashes. He can hold items as Rocket Slime has shown and let us not forget his magical abilities. Technically Ivysaur should have been disqualified yet Sakurai managed to work around that.
He can use his stretching abilities to grow limbs whenever he needs them! :bee:

But yeah, with all seriousness, his sliminess shouldn't be a problem. I really should get that Rocket Slime game.

Deoxys is one of my favorite Pokemon, but as Pieman said, he's too topical unless we get remakes close before SSB4, which we can't count on.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I wish sponge bob was legit. he is popular, but he isn't a video game character.
I even had a good playstyle for him. its combos and different attacks depending on when and how you press buttons.

BBQTV

Smash Master
well i think if Deoxys is going to be in it their may be no mewtwo

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Can anyone name characters that aren't Ike or Lucario that were added because they were recent? I don't think how recent a character is matters all that much.

BBQTV

Smash Master
Can anyone name characters that aren't Ike or Lucario that were added because they were recent? I don't think how recent a character is matters all that much.
it doesn't anyone can get in if they meet the requirements

Pieman0920

Smash Master
It technically would count, since Sakurai would only have wanted him in Melee due to him being the latest protagonist in Mother, and he was only really allowed to add him in once his game came up.

Also Link and Toon Link are both technically characters who are in because they are topical. Remember, the Link in SSB and SSBM isn't the same Link that's in Brawl, at least by Zelda canon anyways.

All that aside, it does seem like Fire Emblem and Pokemon are heavily based on what the newest games are at the time, and since R/S aren't that right now, it'd seem odd if they actually got a new character, since if they really deserved that, they would have gotten one in Brawl.

BBQTV

Smash Master
quote by KumaOsoAnd what are those requirements?

popularity plays a part also if they have a game on a nintendo consle

EDIT i dont know what happened i click quote by nothing happened i must have earsed the code by mistake

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It technically would count, since Sakurai would only have wanted him in Melee due to him being the latest protagonist in Mother, and he was only really allowed to add him in once his game came up.

Also Link and Toon Link are both technically characters who are in because they are topical. Remember, the Link in SSB and SSBM isn't the same Link that's in Brawl, at least by Zelda canon anyways.

All that aside, it does seem like Fire Emblem and Pokemon are heavily based on what the newest games are at the time, and since R/S aren't that right now, it'd seem odd if they actually got a new character, since if they really deserved that, they would have gotten one in Brawl.
We don't know if Lucas was planned for that reason either, however, if the rumor that Lucas was planned for SSB, this may be true. However, Ness and Lucas have similar moves in their games so that may have been part of the reasoning.

I remember reading somewhere that Link and Zelda are supposed to be culminations of all the Links and Zeldas (minus Toon Link and Zelda) that preceded them. Toon Link, however, qualifies as topical to an extent, but I don't see this guy going anywhere.

As for Pokemon and Fire Emblem, I think this is an interesting area. People can see other reasons why Ike was included (popularity, being the first 3D lord, and the second lord to have more than one game), and Roy was planned for Brawl. Pokemon seems to get its various gens through the Pokeballs and the playable ones are up to popularity.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
So new topic? New Mario stuff since he has how many new games and a couple of Wii/DS games that aren't too old?

SMG 1&2
M&L BIS
NSMB Wii
and others.....

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I think the should stay away from recent Mario games personally...Galaxy was the worst
Sorry I am going to have to strongly disagree with that statement. If there was a worst it would have to fall onto Sunshine. Even than it was still a good game, just not magnificent.

We will see a future Galaxy stage and music. That is a 100% guarantee. A Paper Mario stage would not be to unexpected, alongside another Mario and Luigi track. I do not think we would see a New Super Mario Bros. stage as much as it would be a Mario stage in a similar design to said series.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
We have enough friggin Mario chars! Maybe Daisy & Waluigi, as long as Daisy isn't a clone of Peach, which Nintendo will make her <.< We don't need Baby Bowser for heavens sake, or Baby Luigi/Mario. I mean, I guess they could be use able, but think of all the NON-CLONES that could take their places? I know Fire Emblem has a few good chars, maybe a few from F-Zero, MIDNA! And a lot of people want Shadow/Knuckles from the sonic series. (Tails can't fight, he proved that in Sonic Adventures 2 >.>)

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
We have enough friggin Mario chars! Maybe Daisy & Waluigi, as long as Daisy isn't a clone of Peach, which Nintendo will make her <.< We don't need Baby Bowser for heavens sake, or Baby Luigi/Mario. I mean, I guess they could be use able, but think of all the NON-CLONES that could take their places? I know Fire Emblem has a few good chars, maybe a few from F-Zero, MIDNA! And a lot of people want Shadow/Knuckles from the sonic series. (Tails can't fight, he proved that in Sonic Adventures 2 >.>)
So you're one of those people that assumes something and blows up over it....OK and I also see that you want the non-important characters that only appear in sport games and party games, okay Waluigi and Daisy sooooo need to be in more than Bowser Jr..

btw Baby Bowser is supposedly Bowser only younger, Bowser Jr., However is like Bowser's son or something and transforms into Shadow Mario. Plus if you knew your facts, it doesn't matter where their moveset comes from (PiT or YI) the Baby Bros. still fall under the Yoshi series. They CAN be clones but they're not automatic plus we could use a smaller faster Bowser if Sakurai needs filler when he runs out of time.

That last part's just incoherent, Midna=most likely no and ONE from F-Zero, most likely Samurai Goroh

and I still think we need some Mario & Luigi stuff in there

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
So you're one of those people that assumes something and blows up over it....OK and I also see that you want the non-important characters that only appear in sport games and party games, okay Waluigi and Daisy sooooo need to be in more than Bowser Jr..

btw Baby Bowser is supposedly Bowser only younger, Bowser Jr., However is like Bowser's son or something and transforms into Shadow Mario. Plus if you knew your facts, it doesn't matter where their moveset comes from (PiT or YI) the Baby Bros. still fall under the Yoshi series. They CAN be clones but they're not automatic plus we could use a smaller faster Bowser if Sakurai needs filler when he runs out of time.

That last part's just incoherent, Midna=most likely no and ONE from F-Zero, most likely Samurai Goroh
lolz blow up = a few !'s? Ok I take that back about Baby/Jr. Bowser, I guess a small faster Bowser would be pretty cool. But with baby M&L, it doesn't matter if they come from Yoshi's series or Mario Bro's, I understand Bowser Jr would be a lot faster than Bowser, but Luigi & Mario are already fast enough, so baby versions would only be weaker. Midna was a suggestion, I know a lot of people were upset that she wasn't in Brawl. Good call on Samurai Goroh lol, that would be... Wierd actually o.O

.WC.

Smash Journeyman
We don't know if Lucas was planned for that reason either, however, if the rumor that Lucas was planned for SSB, this may be true. However, Ness and Lucas have similar moves in their games so that may have been part of the reasoning.

I remember reading somewhere that Link and Zelda are supposed to be culminations of all the Links and Zeldas (minus Toon Link and Zelda) that preceded them. Toon Link, however, qualifies as topical to an extent, but I don't see this guy going anywhere.

As for Pokemon and Fire Emblem, I think this is an interesting area. People can see other reasons why Ike was included (popularity, being the first 3D lord, and the second lord to have more than one game), and Roy was planned for Brawl. Pokemon seems to get its various gens through the Pokeballs and the playable ones are up to popularity.
Toon Link? He could have had moves out of WW.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
lolz blow up = a few !'s? Ok I take that back about Baby/Jr. Bowser, I guess a small faster Bowser would be pretty cool. But with baby M&L, it doesn't matter if they come from Yoshi's series or Mario Bro's, I understand Bowser Jr would be a lot faster than Bowser, but Luigi & Mario are already fast enough, so baby versions would only be weaker. Midna was a suggestion, I know a lot of people were upset that she wasn't in Brawl. Good call on Samurai Goroh lol, that would be... Wierd actually o.O
Don't take this the wrong way.....

but have you played Mario and Luigi Partners in Time?

Baby M&L would be a team and could use hammers, items, and other things in the game.

Just sayin y'know? Don't want to start an argument....

And don't forget that TL could also have Four Sword moves

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Don't take this the wrong way.....

but have you played Mario and Luigi Partners in Time?

Baby M&L would be a team and could use hammers, items, and other things in the game.

Just sayin y'know? Don't want to start an argument....

And don't forget that TL could also have Four Sword moves
You got me there, I never played PiT, a character like IC's would be awesome! Seeing they are pretty much opposites lol. Fire & Ice, they couldn't be clones.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Unless Sakurai had a special preview to the story of Mother 3, and loved it so much that he had to put Lucas in, I'm pretty sure his pottential inclusion in Melee would have been soley because he was topical, because unless Sakurai somehoe had access to the unreleased 64 game, there's no way he could have really judged the character as worthey/not many fans would actually be asking for him to get in.

I wouldn't really see how exactly they are supposed to be culminations of all the other Links and Zeldas designed for Smash, since they were clearly taken straight from TP. Now if you were to argue that TP's versions of them were supposed to be culminations, then that's another thing, but I kind of doubt that, seeing as their adult versions were only really used in OoT and TP, rather than the other games.

And I don't think Toon Link is going anywhere either, since he's technically still topical, given PH and ST. In fact, out of all of Link's incarnations, that one is the one that's used the most at this point.

Roy actually reinforces the idea that at least FE is governed by being topical, since his game wasn't even released in Japan when Melee came out. Also note that pretty much all of the Pokemon from Gen 1 and 2 were just taken from the last Smash games. (Bar Meowth kind of, since he worked differently there)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom