• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
thats what final destination and battlefield are for. balance.
who needs balance when your having fun?
It's possible to have fun without the game being played on WarioWare with items on high and FSs turned on. Final Destination and Battlefield aren't going to please the competitive players alone, and even some casual players will shun the game if it's too wacky.

UberMario

Smash Master
*Amount of consecutive posts here that were ignored by everyone until I say it's ignored: 7*

Did anyone else notice Ronald McDonald in that leek video. LOL

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
It's possible to have fun without the game being played on WarioWare with items on high and FSs turned on. Final Destination and Battlefield aren't going to please the competitive players alone, and even some casual players will shun the game if it's too wacky.
halfd stages basic, and half stages wacky.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
*Amount of consecutive posts here that were ignored by everyone until I say it's ignored: 7*

Did anyone else notice Ronald McDonald in that leek video. LOL
There are a bunch more in there.

RAN RAN RUU!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
If SSB4 comes out around the time of that next Zelda game, I think that it will still be somewhat topical to add in a Spirit Tracks game, since I doubt a second portable one will have shown up by then. Of course if a second one does show up, then the train stage may not happen at all. Outside of that, the only other notable train I can think of right now would be one for a Pokemon stage representing HG/SS (Though if HG/SS actually did get a stage, I would hope it would be the Lake of Rage instead)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If SSB4 comes out around the time of that next Zelda game, I think that it will still be somewhat topical to add in a Spirit Tracks game, since I doubt a second portable one will have shown up by then. Of course if a second one does show up, then the train stage may not happen at all. Outside of that, the only other notable train I can think of right now would be one for a Pokemon stage representing HG/SS (Though if HG/SS actually did get a stage, I would hope it would be the Lake of Rage instead)
Speaking of topical stages, do you think that we'll get one based on New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Okay, maybe not. We'd have to get one from Galaxy, first.

That said, since the Koopalings (or Koopa Kids, for those who think it's more suitable) are finally getting their due by showing up as bosses in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I'm hoping that they'll get in Smash as trophies or something like that.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Well It'll probably only be Spirit Tracks

:WARNING:
this is not me trying to rep every gen of PKMN just coming up w/ cool stages.......
:WARNING:

and Let's seee Pokemon..........

Mt. Ember
Distortion World
S.S. Tidal
Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon Stadium 3
Lake Rage or Tin Tower or...............Mt. Silver (idk which one those are the best HG/SS stages I could think of)

UberMario

Smash Master
No one had anything to say about my retro stages post four pages back? Oh well . . .

Pokémon stage ideas:

Viridian Forest
Pokémon Gym (8 Different stages that have different backgrounds, but the same battlefield design)
Dark Cave (from GSC)
Hoenn Sea/S.S. Anne
Poké Floats (All generations)
Pokémon Stadium (has all types in one stage)
Distortion World (But as a Spear Pillar alternate)

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Speaking of topical stages, do you think that we'll get one based on New Super Mario Bros. Wii?

Okay, maybe not. We'd have to get one from Galaxy, first.

That said, since the Koopalings (or Koopa Kids, for those who think it's more suitable) are finally getting their due by showing up as bosses in New Super Mario Bros. Wii, I'm hoping that they'll get in Smash as trophies or something like that.
Well my idea for the four best Mario stages to show up in SSB4 is basically...

1. SMG stage
2. Bowser's Castle stage
3. Mushroom Kingdom III (SMB3 themed)
4. Paper Mario stage

Quite frankly, the Bowser's Castle stage could be based around NSMBW if need be. It did seem that at least in one video of one of the castles, there were some nifty looking gimicks to the castle.

Anyways as for Pokemon, outside of Lake of Rage, I could see the Distortion World being in, though I somewhat doubt it if there is another generation before SSB4. Also, I hope that there won't be a Pokemon Stadium 3, and that the original or number 2 are just featured as a past stage, since we've already gone through the idea twice. (Though my most prefered past Pokemon stage would be Saffron City...heck, that's the one past stage I want more than any other)

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
No one had anything to say about my retro stages post four pages back? Oh well . . .

Pokémon stage ideas:

Viridian Forest
Pokémon Gym (8 Different stages that have different backgrounds, but the same battlefield design)
Dark Cave (from GSC)
Hoenn Sea/S.S. Anne
Poké Floats (All generations)
Pokémon Stadium (has all types in one stage)
Distortion World (But as a Spear Pillar alternate)
Meh......

1. Viridian Forest and Pokemon Gym=no not important VF and the Gym thing is too wierd
2. Dark Cave probably won't be the first HG/SS choice
3. S.S. Tidal is the one in R/S/E or Hoenn
4. Way too many types to throw in one stage
5. Pillar Alt????? You mean replace Spear Pillar

and yes Tin Tower/Ecruteak City would be awesome

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
for Pokemon stages, will there be a Pokemon coliseum?
I also want a bigger luigi's mansion
There probably will be Pokemon Colosseum

and do you really want another Luigi's Mansion? Instead of something more unique like a Mario Sports stage that goes between Strikers Baseball Tennis and Golf or any SMG stage

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well my idea for the four best Mario stages to show up in SSB4 is basically...

1. SMG stage
2. Bowser's Castle stage
3. Mushroom Kingdom III (SMB3 themed)
4. Paper Mario stage

Quite frankly, the Bowser's Castle stage could be based around NSMBW if need be. It did seem that at least in one video of one of the castles, there were some nifty looking gimicks to the castle.

Anyways as for Pokemon, outside of Lake of Rage, I could see the Distortion World being in, though I somewhat doubt it if there is another generation before SSB4. Also, I hope that there won't be a Pokemon Stadium 3, and that the original or number 2 are just featured as a past stage, since we've already gone through the idea twice. (Though my most prefered past Pokemon stage would be Saffron City...heck, that's the one past stage I want more than any other)
(sees the list) That would be good enough, yes. Although, I have a feeling that the SMB3-themed stage might involve airships somehow (or not, but still)...

Anyway, I have to agree with you on Bowser's castle being based on NSMBW. It would be neat to fight on cogs and swinging chandeliers.

By the way, I also want Saffron City to come back. Man, I liked that stage...:(

Instead of something more unique like a Mario Sports stage that goes between Strikers Baseball Tennis and Golf
I am curious to know, how would that work? :confused:

DaButcher

Smash Cadet
I'd love an S.S. Tidal Stage. I'm thinking Luigi's Manision + Pirate Ship. Awesome.

Never ever do anything like Hannenbow or Mario Bros. Again. Ever. Those stages are horrible even for casual play.

As for my character list:

• Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus
  • Pit
  • Ice Climbers
  • Chibi Robo
  • Kirby
  • Metaknight
  • Dedede
  • Olimar
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Pikachu
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Another Pokemon
  • Jigglypuff
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Micaiah
  • Rayman
  • Snake
  • Sonic
  • Tails
  • Megaman
  • Amatesaru

I hope they rethink the final smash mechanism. Smash Balls are stupid. I'd rather that a final smash be more of a finisher. Like you have a 5% chance to get a smash ball when you get an opponent to 100% and again for every 5% damage gain. The Final smashes themselves would have to be rethought too. Anything that is just a simple one-hit KO would need to be changed to something that requires more skill, like Bowser's Giga Bowser. You still need to hit them right or they survive.

EDIT: I love mario!

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'd love an S.S. Tidal Stage. I'm thinking Luigi's Manision + Pirate Ship. Awesome.

Never ever do anything like Hannenbow or Mario Bros. Again. Ever. Those stages are horrible even for casual play.

As for my character list:

Mario
  • Mario
  • Luigi
  • Peach
  • Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Diddy Kong
  • Yoshi
  • Wario
  • Link
  • Zelda
  • Ganondorf
  • Samus
  • Pit
  • Ice Climbers
  • Chibi Robo
  • Kirby
  • Metaknight
  • Dedede
  • Olimar
  • Fox
  • Falco
  • Ness
  • Captain Falcon
  • Pikachu
  • Pokemon Trainer
  • Another Pokemon
  • Jigglypuff
  • Marth
  • Ike
  • Micaiah
  • Rayman
  • Snake
  • Sonic
  • Tails
  • Megaman
  • Amatesaru
Boy, that sure is a lot of Mario characters! :chuckle: :laugh:

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Don't hold your breath. :rolleyes: Nintendo didn't even release Earthbound for the VC (licensing issues) and didn't even bring Mother 3 over here, so I doubt that wish of yours will come true any time soon.

There's always hope, but still, in this case it's rather slim. :(
There is no licensing issues with Earthbound at all. Zero. If there were the game would not have been released back then. Besides, Nintendo already changed certain content that was a tad more infringing when the game was first ported to the West.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
(sees the list) That would be good enough, yes. Although, I have a feeling that the SMB3-themed stage might involve airships somehow (or not, but still)...

Anyway, I have to agree with you on Bowser's castle being based on NSMBW. It would be neat to fight on cogs and swinging chandeliers.

While I technically wouldn't have any objections to something like a Airship theme in the SMB3 stage, I'd think that they'd be a bit unlikley given Bowser's Castle (as well as the fact that they could cameo in the background of a pottential SMG stage, depending on its setting) As far as I'm concerned, a stage much akin to Mushroom Kingdom I and II is fine, and would kind of like it if it was a walk of stage. (Especially if you paused and tilted the camera and saw the black walk off point from the end of each normal SMB3 stage)

The thing with Bowser's Castle is that it virtually writes itself, and can be from virtually any game. Even if it was technically based around NSMB, I think many could mistake it for any other Mario game that's had it. (Though I guess if its supposed to be a recent incarnation of the castle, then NSMB would probably be the only game that could really work well with it, since most of the main Mario games have actually not been using it. 64 used Peach's Castle and weird dimensional places, Sunshine used a volcano, and Galaxy used the reactors.)

Perhaps Saffron City should be the second Pokemon stage, complete with updated graphics and new Pokemon coming out of that box-thing. :dizzy:

BG3

Smash Journeyman
I think something that would really please the hardcore and old school smash fans would be if Nintendo remade every single stage in the older games with updated visuals, and possibly updated music or something along those lines. Nothing about these stages should be changed IMO, just to bring back the same feeling you got from playing on those stages. I mean, who doesn't want to see a remade Mute City with the graphic standards of 2010 and above?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There is no licensing issues with Earthbound at all. Zero. If there were the game would not have been released back then. Besides, Nintendo already changed certain content that was a tad more infringing when the game was first ported to the West.
You sure about that? Anyway, hopefully they'll think about putting it on the VC soon. I heard that Mother 3 getting ported depends on Earthbound's reception on the VC.

Now, if only they would get around to doing that...:rolleyes:

we did get a remade mute city and it was ****
No, that was Port Town Aero Dive. Didn't you read the stage name before playing on it?

While I technically wouldn't have any objections to something like a Airship theme in the SMB3 stage, I'd think that they'd be a bit unlikley given Bowser's Castle (as well as the fact that they could cameo in the background of a pottential SMG stage, depending on its setting) As far as I'm concerned, a stage much akin to Mushroom Kingdom I and II is fine, and would kind of like it if it was a walk of stage. (Especially if you paused and tilted the camera and saw the black walk off point from the end of each normal SMB3 stage)

The thing with Bowser's Castle is that it virtually writes itself, and can be from virtually any game. Even if it was technically based around NSMB, I think many could mistake it for any other Mario game that's had it. (Though I guess if its supposed to be a recent incarnation of the castle, then NSMB would probably be the only game that could really work well with it, since most of the main Mario games have actually not been using it. 64 used Peach's Castle and weird dimensional places, Sunshine used a volcano, and Galaxy used the reactors.)

Perhaps Saffron City should be the second Pokemon stage, complete with updated graphics and new Pokemon coming out of that box-thing. :dizzy:
That seems fair enough, although I would've liked a stage that's like Rainbow Cruise, only on steroids and gunpowder. :cool: But hey, a Mushroom Kingdom III will do. Dunno what gimmicks it could use though, aside the note blocks and Piranha Plants. Oh, and the donut blocks (although they were already used in Rainbow Cruise).

I wouldn't blame people for mistaking a NSMBW Bowser's castle stage to one from another game. The general consensus is expecting the bridge, with an axe at the end, to show up in it. Doesn't help that all the castles have lava in them, either. However, I'm fairly certain that the Bowser's castle stage will be topical.

If it's based on HG/SS somehow, we might get a Saffron City stage.

On a side note, I hope that Luigi's Mansion comes back as a past stage! :grin: It's great for Luigi to finally have his own stage, you know? It'd be a shame for him to lose it after Brawl. :urg:

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace

I am curious to know, how would that work? :confused:
It would work similar to Castle Siege, you fight on the basic Mario/Peach's Castle stage for each sport.......

Say you start on Strikers.....You fight on a flat field w/ random players like Monty Mole and the Super Team or something and they can shoot soccer balls at you or slide tackle or tackle, after a while the word GOAL would flash across the screen and you're transported to the next sport...Tennis

Pretty simple flat stage and there's a net in the middle w/ random players playing tennis ("unimportant" characters) and you can get hit w/ their rackets or the tennis balls, the MATCH flashes across the screen and you go to the next one, Golf

Fight on a hilly golf course w/ a bunker that slows you down on the left and water on the right and Peach's Castle in the background, any of the golfing scores like PAR flashes across the screen and you go to Baseball......

Fight in the outfield of Mario Stadium and baseballs come flying and have a chance of hitting you......HOME RUN flashes across the screen and you're transported back to Strikers...

These are the best pics I could find......

Golf:

Strikers:

Tennis:

On the Saffron City thing I really want it to come back plus idk why it wasn't in Melee

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Wow. As I expected, my comment seems to be riling some people. I didn't mean to sound like a jerk, I was just tired of people going on and on about how a non-Nintendo character should be in the SSB series. I didn't want to believe that a non-Nintendo character would be included in the roster, being the fanboy that I am. Actually, I had no idea that Capcom, of all companies, was so close to Nintendo in the first place. Part of why I posted that was because I was hoping someone could set me straight there, which someone did. I have nothing against Megaman at all--I just blocked out the fact that he could be included since he wasn't in directly a Nintendo character. But seeing as how close Nintendo and Capcom apparently are, Megaman could actually be an interesting addition. But I still like "Disney vs. Capcom 3". :chuckle:

Now that that's out of the way, I really want the language-changer back. Playing Melee in Japanese was so cool... I agree they should have a Pokemon Colosseum stage, too. I mean...Pokemon Stadium 2? A bit lazy, don'tcha think? Of all the other Sonic characters, Shadow should be in. I'm really hoping that it's ot gonna be Tails...especially after seeing the doll. I wouldn't mind if they dropped ROB, Ice Climbers or Wario (sorry if they're your main). I see how people are saying that a HG/SS female PT would make sense, but I wouldn't want her to have 2nd Gen Pokemon, which she of course would. The 2nd Gen starters just don't seem like they belong in SSB, y'know? I just don't like playing with quadropeds in a brawler such as this series. There's a reason why Ivysaur's the only real four-legged character. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking fast). Oh, right! And Link's Final Smash should be Midna shoving that Twilight shard in his head, releasing some sort of stage-consuming blast and turning Link into Wolf Link. Then Wolf Link's Final Smash could transform him back into Adult Link. Like Samus and Zamus, eh? Speaking of Midna...how about her?

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
Now that that's out of the way, I really want the language-changer back. Playing Melee in Japanese was so cool... I agree they should have a Pokemon Colosseum stage, too. I mean...Pokemon Stadium 2? A bit lazy, don'tcha think? Of all the other Sonic characters, Shadow should be in. I'm really hoping that it's ot gonna be Tails...especially after seeing the doll. I wouldn't mind if they dropped ROB, Ice Climbers or Wario (sorry if they're your main). I see how people are saying that a HG/SS female PT would make sense, but I wouldn't want her to have 2nd Gen Pokemon, which she of course would. The 2nd Gen starters just don't seem like they belong in SSB, y'know? I just don't like playing with quadropeds in a brawler such as this series. There's a reason why Ivysaur's the only real four-legged character. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm thinking fast). Oh, right! And Link's Final Smash should be Midna shoving that Twilight shard in his head, releasing some sort of stage-consuming blast and turning Link into Wolf Link. Then Wolf Link's Final Smash could transform him back into Adult Link. Like Samus and Zamus, eh? Speaking of Midna...how about her?
Ummm ya
1. y'know there actually was a Stadium 2 right?
2. I don't think they should have a HG/SS Trainer I think they should have a 3rd gen Trainer and maybe just have a bunch of other stuff to rep their newest game like a stage and maybe a boss
3. Ummm right the Link thing sounds pretty weird if we're gonna have Midna or Wolf Link we should have Midna on Wolf Link

WARNING Twilight Princess SPOILERS I think....

and have her in her human form like Zelda/Shiek but I still don't want her that bad.....

Pieman0920

Smash Master
That seems fair enough, although I would've liked a stage that's like Rainbow Cruise, only on steroids and gunpowder. :cool: But hey, a Mushroom Kingdom III will do. Dunno what gimmicks it could use though, aside the note blocks and Piranha Plants. Oh, and the donut blocks (although they were already used in Rainbow Cruise).
Lots of pipes I suppose. Maybe some giant koopas or goombas in their original sprites as well.

Well, I really doubt that Saffron City would be the representative of HG/SS so I kind of doubt that. Still, they could just take a city in the next Pokemon game, and make in match the style that Saffron City had, since the name isn't that important.

On a side note, I hope that Luigi's Mansion comes back as a past stage! :grin: It's great for Luigi to finally have his own stage, you know? It'd be a shame for him to lose it after Brawl. :urg:
Luigi's Mansion will only return if Delfino returns as well. The two stages kind of go togther, no? And while we may not have evevr gotten two past stages from one single franchise as of yet, I don't think its entirely out of the question given how the Mario series has so many past stages to go on. (Including Brawl's there are about 11, right?)

Also, PMM, can you remove that last picture from your post? Its kind of stretching things out.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Ummm ya
1. y'know there actually was a Stadium 2 right?.....
What kind of Pokemon fan doesn't know that? I meant the stage itself was barely any different/better.
2. I don't think they should have a HG/SS Trainer I think they should have a 3rd gen Trainer and maybe just have a bunch of other stuff to rep their newest game like a stage and maybe a boss
Agreed. So once again, I bring up: 3rd Gen Female PT armed with Treecko, Marshtomp and Blaziken.
3. Ummm right the Link thing sounds pretty weird if we're gonna have Midna or Wolf Link we should have Midna on Wolf Link
That makes more sense, actually...
WARNING Twilight Princess SPOILERS I think....
and have her in her human form like Zelda/Shiek but I still don't want her that bad
Hehe. Ya spoilerz. I don't really want Midna in that bad, either. I was just thinkin'.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
umm, that's cool and all but....Saffron was in Kanto, not Johto.
and no, I don't think the unlockable Kanto after beating the Elite Four counts.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
umm, that's cool and all but....Saffron was in Kanto, not Johto.
and no, I don't think the unlockable Kanto after beating the Elite Four counts.
That's true but it could be another city but as I've said before I'd rather have Mt. Silver Tin Tower/Ecurteak (something could work for that) or Lake of Rage

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While I don't endorse a new Pokemon Trainer, what I'd do is make their starters go across all three of the other generational gaps, instead of just saying that its a Gen 2 or Gen 3 trainer (and at this point, it'd be a Gen 2 trainer really)

In any case, I'd go with Treecko (Because I'd want it to be like a rival trainer here and thus have a grass starter as the first spot. In addition, its the only other grass starter that wouldn't be too simmilar to Ivysaur) Monferno (I actually would prefer some other starter here, since both Combusken and Quilava are better, but this choice, like Ivysaur I assume, is for the sake of balance) and Feraligatr (Because he's just too awesome/Really the only other option here would be Empoleon and Swampert, and who really wants them?)

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
While I don't endorse a new Pokemon Trainer, what I'd do is make their starters go across all three of the other generational gaps, instead of just saying that its a Gen 2 or Gen 3 trainer (and at this point, it'd be a Gen 2 trainer really)

In any case, I'd go with Treecko (Because I'd want it to be like a rival trainer here and thus have a grass starter as the first spot. In addition, its the only other grass starter that wouldn't be too simmilar to Ivysaur) Monferno (I actually would prefer some other starter here, since both Combusken and Quilava are better, but this choice, like Ivysaur I assume, is for the sake of balance) and Feraligatr (Because he's just too awesome/Really the only other option here would be Empoleon and Swampert, and who really wants them?)
I don't think that would happen because what Trainer model would they use?
Plus there are those Blaziken fans that you might get some grief from....

I say "new" Pokemon should be Rival w/ Treecko, Marshtomp, and Blaziken Mewtwo and some HG/SS Pokemon maybe Tyranitar? Those are my choices......

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Tyranitar? Mmm...kind of a huge powerhouse, don'tcha think? I mean, I can't really see it being smashed around in the air or anything...how about Aipom? Y'know, erratic and energetic, and I can definitely see it wailing on sum fools, son. Or perhaps even Sneasel! Yeah, I can surely see Sneasel in SSB. I'm not exactly rooting for them, but if I had to pick some 2nd Gens, it'd be those two.

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman

I say "new" Pokemon should be Rival w/ Treecko, Marshtomp, and Blaziken Mewtwo and some HG/SS Pokemon maybe Tyranitar? Those are my choices......
4chan will hunt down Sakurai if it's marshtomp instead of mudkip.

Also, Wisp should be in SSB4

And Banjo & Kazooie
And Megaman

n88

Smash Lord
I really doubt that we'll get a second Pokemon Trainer. I think that this is what we'll see from Pokemon in SSB4:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)

The next two/three slots will go to some combination of these:

Lucario
Mewtwo
Most Recent Gen Pokemon

Pieman0920

Smash Master

Does the trainer model matter? Quite frankly, you could have the trainer have a alt costumes of his other designs if necessary, and nothing would really change.

Also, I don't think Blaziken has enough fans/If you want to have a rival trainer, the fully evolved Pokemon has to be a Water type.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
I agree with a rival having a fully evolved water type, it's just that all the final water starters are pretty bulky, and my Tyrannitar statement applies. And Blaziken has plenty of fans (obviously not here). Lots of other forums and Youtube videos agree that Blaziken iz teh pwnz. I also agree that the 4chan crowd *coughcough idiots coughcough* would have Mega-Ultra (Chicken lulz) spaz attacks if it were Marshtomp as opposed to Mudkip. But that also brings me back to the fact that real quadropeds don't seem right in SSB. Which, again, is why Ivysaur is the only one. Plus, being a water/ground type, Marshtop would have more and/or better move possibilities. Contrarily, a PT with Mudkipz, Grovyle and Blaziken seems bearable. Oh, and no more assist trophies.

I like this thread. It gives me the fake idea that the North American public's opinion actually matters to Smash Bros JP. It also gives the Smash Bros fans a chance to share their opinions and, in theory, create the #1 Smash game that will really please fans. Who knows? Perhaps, one day, Nintendo of Japan will stumble upon this thread and say, "We hear you. And we care."

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I hope for miis to be playable. it would be cool. miis would only work if SSB4 is on wii.

they would have a whole new play style that involves moving with wii motion plus.

moves
_________
boxing gloves: jab to punch foes you can raise your gloves to block, and move left or right to dodge.
baseball: hold B and swing wiimote like your throwing a baseball
baseball bat: swing the wiimote
sword: swing the wiimote
archery: hold the B button, then hold the Z button. lounge the nun chuck back, and release Z to shoot an arrow.

fighting type can be switched to
boxing
sword play
baseball bat

switch to motion plus means you use motion for attacking
switch to normal, you use buttons regularly

move set would be customizable for weapons or items you unlock

B: baseball: you throw a baseball to hit foes
B: bow and arrow: just like link
side B: baseball bat: used to reflect and hit foes.
side B: Frisbee: the mii throws a Frisbee at the foe.
up B: the mii cursor will lift up mii for a short time
up B: uppercut
down B: counter: just like marth
down B: POW!: its chargeable. when fully charged, your mii turns red and uppercuts while standing. its like Roy's special.
final smash: mii parade: the stage turns into mii plaza then all the miis in your mii plaza form a stampede and trample foes. the damage they take depends on how many miis are in your mii plaza and the size and weight of your miis.

your stats depend on the size of your mii

if your mii is normal size and weight, balanced
normal size but big weight: slow down, but become stronger
normal size but small weight: you become easier to kill, your attacks are weak, but you move faster
big size but normal weight: your attacks are longer ranged
big size and big weight: you are the slowest, and jump the lowest,and you falol the fastest, and have bad recovery but you attacks are powerful and are shield breakers and counter breakers, and longer range
big size and light weight: easier to be killed, but longer range and speed
small size and normal weight: shorter jumping, but quicker attacks.
small size and big weight: falls faster, but stronger attacks
small size and small weight: extremely fast in attacking and running, but easy to kill

these stats go for the mii you play as, and the miis in your final smash.

another good idea for move edit would be "Make your move"

for example. you want A to be punch. so when you select the button, your movement with the wii motion plus will be recorded. and the wii balance board will record your legs.
wii speak will help for voices in your mii. the DSi will do the same.
the winning pose and winning theme will do that to.
you can select the weapon for basic attacks. between sword or boxing gloves. not both.

for nintendo wifi, you can send your mii to another wii. and let your friends play as the mii.
in friend battles, you can play as the mii.
a new mode will be called "smash world" this mode works for friends and anyone. you are in a 3D replica of the entire smash world. explore and have adventures with a buddy. or challenge an online player mii vs mii only.

you can't play as the mii in anyone mode of wifi. you can do thatt with friends though.

1p will have a mii adventure mode where you select a mii to use. its one player, you explore the world of nintendo just like in smash world mode.

with the wii balance board, you can run with the mii. the speed depends on your speed. you have to jump to make your mii jump. lift one leg to kick. duck to make your mii duck.

the stage could be wuhu island.
you start off fighting on a giant airplane.. the plane drops you off, and your left skydiving. you'll see some miis in the background skydiving too. and you land on the golf course. the background will feature a mii playing golf.sometimes, the wind currents can move characters, and tamper with projectiles and other items. in 20 seconds, a smaller red plane will attempt to pick you up to send you to another area. when you hear the planes sound, you better jump before the plane hits you. because the plane will pick you up. the sword play stage will be like midair stadium. but water will be at the bottom. in a different area, a bunch of sword play people will come and attack you. in another area, its archery, every 3 seconds, the archer mii will shoot an arrow in an attempt to hit the target. but since your in the way, the arrow can hit you. if you reflect it, you will hear the mii scream, and no more arrows will come. Koeing to the side is hard if the big target is in the way. and the cycle continues

another good stage would be mii plaza
its a mostly basic stage, the miis in the background will do stuff, like watch the fight, talk, walk around, or sleep.
sometimes, a random mii will get into the fight and do nothing. if you hit the miis, they get sent flying.

miis could be assist trophies instead though.
they would attack with a sword or boxing gloves.

these are my ideas if mii was in SSB4.

I thought 8 play would be possible because the wii has wiimotes and nunchucks.

Paper Mario Master

Smash Ace
I really doubt that we'll get a second Pokemon Trainer. I think that this is what we'll see from Pokemon in SSB4:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard)

The next two/three slots will go to some combination of these:

Lucario
Mewtwo
Most Recent Gen Pokemon
Well I like that but what are we gonna do bout that last one? Since HG/SS will be the latest game (if not by the time SSB4 comes out but in development of the game) we have to come up w/ one of those guys.....so far we have Tyranitar, Aipom, and Sneasel any others? I say those are all great choices......Sneasel probably has the worst chance of getting in though.........................

My problem is that 1. I love Mewtwo 2. want to see Mewtwo VS Lucario 3. want Treecko Marshtomp Blaziken playable 4. HG/SS needs to have probably the most rep since it will probably be the latest game...... :ohwell:

We can't have 7 PKMN reps, it would even be a stretch to give LOZ that much.....maybe. The most Pokemon should have is 6

That Mii idea is really weird, I say that they could be in even w/o the game being on the Wii and you should have some way on SSB4, like a mode or something, of customizing what he/she looks like and give them parts of characters or something and those modes were really weird too and vague in some places.....and didn't they kinda reject the idea of using motion in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom