• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
So should I put Goemon and Marco back in and remove Snake and Sonic?

And I think by the time SSB4 comes out that Miis will become outdated if there is a new console before Smash 4 is released.
Well, truth be told, neither Goemon or Marco have a chance (even though I would love to play as them.) If you are going for realism (which is sort of a fallacy in a way. How can we guess who he will choose. No one saw PT, Dr. M, Roy, Mr. Game and Watch, ROB or Snake.) Best to choose the big three that everyone has, Snake, Sonic and Mega.

I will attempt to make a move set. not to familiar with the character though.

n88

Smash Lord
So should I put Goemon and Marco back in and remove Snake and Sonic?

And I think by the time SSB4 comes out that Miis will become outdated if there is a new console before Smash 4 is released.
I'll give you a 99.9% chance that the next console is a an upgraded Wii. If Nintendo were to create a new Wii with hardware up to par w/Sony's and Microsoft's, as well as some stupid new feature to lure in customers, (Probably sacrificing GCN compatibility) it woud do even better than the first Wii. oN a new Wii, Miis will still exist.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Make up your own mind MtJ.

Anyways, given the sucess of Miis, and their imitation in other consoles, I'd say that there's a high probability that something like them will return in whatever the next Nintendo console is.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Mario the Jumpman said:
Hey drag0nscythe, are you taking requests for MYM movesets? If you are, would you mind doing me a favor by making a detailed Lyndis moveset for me, please? Thank you!
There already is a Lyn moveset.

Anyway, about the Mii thing: I very much doubt that they would get in. Not only do they have no set appearence, many people have a disdain for the various Mii-based games. Mii seems more suited for a future retro or WTF character in SSB6 or 7. Maybe even later, because as n88 pointed out, Miis are likely to return to the Wii 2.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well the fact that they have no preset apperance is probably one of the best reasons they should be fighters. If you were allowed to import your own Miis to fight with (say set one to each name) you could have your own mock create-a-character which really couldn't work in any other way for a Smash game.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Well the fact that they have no preset apperance is probably one of the best reasons they should be fighters. If you were allowed to import your own Miis to fight with (say set one to each name) you could have your own mock create-a-character which really couldn't work in any other way for a Smash game.

Now, although I'm sort of against fighting with a Mii, the world is moving towards massive customization. First it was a rather limited stage builder and some stickers. Create a character is popular in fighting games (not trying to compare SSB with your average fighting game), thus I would not be entirely surprised with this outcome. However, the Mii's should have certain things pre-set based on height and weight. Like, whilst creating your Mii, you made them the fattest and tallest you could, then the Mii could have a weight slightly lighter than Bowser's or DK's. I apologize if this should go in MYM, so I won't go any farther into the fighting or rendering for the time being. However, the Mii's popularity hasn't really gone down due to the constant release of games including them. Wii Sports, Wii Fit, Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, Mario Party 8, and a few other games include playability for the Mii. I'm sure there will also be new games including Mii playability. IMO, personal avatars aren't going to die out for a long time, which is what the Mii is. So I think that the Mii could be incorporated as somewhat of a "Create-a-Character" function.

Custimization wouldn't work in Smash, ever, unless Nintendo found a really REALLY creative way to implement it. A generic Mix and Match moveset would lead to huge balancing issues.

rockem7

Smash Ace
They wouldn't have to be used competitively, and they could implement a system that goes "If they're between a height (mock imitation) of 1 and 5, and a weight of 1 and 5, they should have these kinds of moves." Just an idea, and it would take some time. Seeing as we don't expect the next smash for quite some time, I don't see a problem in making that function.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of Kurthnaga from Radiant Dawn as a PC? He would be the first Laguz fighter in Smash and he has moveset potential, although he would likely be a Charizard-Ridley hybrid clone and I don't think he's likely to be playable in Smash 4.

I chose a dragon Laguz because bird and beast Laguz wouldn't fit in because they don't feel bipedal enough and they don't have the right arms (the beasts walk on all fours in their animal forms, and the birds have wings instead of arms in their animal forms).

'V'

Smash Lord
SSB4 will finally be the ultimate party game that it was supposed to be. It'll be the game where you'll never be able to turn off items again. =D

Kurthnaga would definetly be intresting...His black fire would be sick to watch and the transformations could open up potential for a radical version of Shiek/Zelda

Yea i understand, Olimar is the size of a quarter, Shiek never fought, nor did G&W, so with a little noncanon tweaking we can make Kurth a better character

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Kurthnaga? Aren't there better laguz to work with outside of him? Personally, I think Lethe or Ranulf would work out better, since they seem more inclined to combat. (Tibarn would also be awesome, though I'm not sure how well he could be implemented)

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Kurthnaga? Aren't there better laguz to work with outside of him? Personally, I think Lethe or Ranulf would work out better, since they seem more inclined to combat. (Tibarn would also be awesome, though I'm not sure how well he could be implemented)
Lethe and Ranulf? I don't think it would work out too easily. Cloud Strife making the cut is more likely (but I would NOT want that to happen).

So, any ideas for Kurth's fighting style while in human form?
He probably wouldn't do anything too extrvagant, his power would lie in his dragon form. the only thing i can't think about is specials...oh well

Tibarn could be pretty sick, and could be implemented. It would be unique and a stretch to do, but i think it's plausible.

Lethe and Ranulf? I don't think it would work out too easily. Cloud Strife making the cut is more likely (but I would NOT want that to happen).
They could work, again very uniquely. The speed aspect of cats could be very promising, and they have a more plausible human form fighting style (shiek like) IMO of course

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But then Shiek/Zelda would lose their originality.
Best not to do it.
That's a bit too trivial to exclude a character, don't you think? I mean, Pokemon Trainer is basically Zelda/Sheik with a third transformation.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't know about Monado. It isn't a fully established franchise to warrant a playable character. At least Pikmin took 3 years before it got a sequel and established itself as a major Nintendo franchise and then a year later, Skaurai added Olimar in Brawl.

n88

Smash Lord
That's a bit too trivial to exclude a character, don't you think? I mean, Pokemon Trainer is basically Zelda/Sheik with a third transformation.
Well, yes, but that's just ananother reason we don't need a third. I'm all for characters w/transformations, but I'd rather not see another plain ol' B-Down Switch. I actually came up with a decent and original switch mechanic for a MYM Set I'm working on now, but that's unfitting for this character, I believe. How about a slow charge on the transformation? The move could slowly charge over time, like Wario Waft. The higher the charge, the longer time could be spent in the more powerful form.

I don't really know much about FE, so that could be totally unfitting.

Well, yes, but that's just ananother reason we don't need a third. I'm all for characters w/transformations, but I'd rather not see another plain ol' B-Down Switch. I actually came up with a decent and original switch mechanic for a MYM Set I'm working on now, but that's unfitting for this character, I believe. How about a slow charge on the transformation? The move could slowly charge over time, like Wario Waft. The higher the charge, the longer time could be spent in the more powerful form.

I don't really know much about FE, so that could be totally unfitting.
That could work, that was my intial thought, but that would require greater buffing on human form, otherwise he would get destroyed between changing.

n88

Smash Lord
I dunno that would be kinda broken.
Please never say a move would be broken if specifics are not given.
If Bowser's B-Side was described as "Bowser grabs the person and jumps way up into the air. He can control the movement in the air before they come down." That would sound broken. But the move really isn't.

What do people think about new/returning clones? This isn't a popular suggestion, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a roster much bigger than expected, but w/lots of clones. I thought I'd throw some suggestions out there. This isn't something I'd really like to see, but when it comes down to it, I'd rather see a bunch of last-minute clones than a single last-minute character. I usually won't mention who the template is because it should be obvious.

Dr. Mario - Generally nominated as a costume for Mario, Dr. Mario may return as his own character. Sakurai has shot down the idea of Doc as a costume before.

Daisy - Improbable, but if Sakurai decides more Mario reppage is needed, he may quickly bust out a Peach clone in the form of Daisy.

Dixie - Again, this could easily happen due to DK needing more reppage, seeing how DK (NOT Kirby or Metroid) is Nintendo's #4 series.

Funky Kong - Odds are very, very, very low. But hey, he got into Mario Kart, meaning Sakurai might notice him.

Toon Zelda/(Tetra,Toon Sheik) - Technically, Tetra wouldn't be a clone, but Toon Zleda would be unles OMG we gaev zelda a swored and toon zelda inharitid zelda's old moovset. This might have problems, though (Zelda/Sheik invlves a lot of kicking)

Dark Samus - This will probably only happen if Sakurai decides to compensate for Ridley not being playable (If he doesn't get in). It's not completely logical, but hey, neither is G-dorf.

Louie - This could happen if Louie makes a re-appearance in a new Pikmin game.

Black Shadow - Samruai Goroh seems very probable for SSB4, and I doubt they would both get in, but stranger things have happened.

Pichu - If HG/SS is the most recent Pokemon at the time of SSB4's release, this is a certainty, but I think Pokemon will have moved on by then.

Roy - Roy gained a lot of popularity due to his appearance in Melee. If Sakurai's bored he could easily make a return to Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What's with this insanity? You would rather have a lot of last-minute clones instead of one last-minute original character? Even if most of them are not important characters? I guess it happened before in Melee and it almost happened in Brawl, so its possible in SSB4. I just hope that Sakurai does not have to resort to adding clones just to increase the roster number again.

Oh, and its a lot more logical for Dark Samus to be a clone of Samus than it is for Ganondorf to be a clone of Captain Falcon. Dark Samus is canonically a clone of Samus and can do everything Samus does.

Please never say a move would be broken if specifics are not given.

Dr. Mario - Generally nominated as a costume for Mario, Dr. Mario may return as his own character. Sakurai has shot down the idea of Doc as a costume before.
Possible

Daisy - Improbable, but if Sakurai decides more Mario reppage is needed, he may quickly bust out a Peach clone in the form of Daisy.
Probable

Dixie - Again, this could easily happen due to DK needing more reppage, seeing how DK (NOT Kirby or Metroid) is Nintendo's #4 series.
Unlikely, as Dixie's physics are different than Diddy's, maybe luigification

Funky Kong - Odds are very, very, very low. But hey, he got into Mario Kart, meaning Sakurai might notice him.
Possible, very unlikely, but possible

Toon Zelda/(Tetra,Toon Sheik) - Technically, Tetra wouldn't be a clone, but Toon Zleda would be unles OMG we gaev zelda a swored and toon zelda inharitid zelda's old moovset. This might have problems, though (Zelda/Sheik invlves a lot of kicking)
Funny, i wouldn't care either way

Dark Samus - This will probably only happen if Sakurai decides to compensate for Ridley not being playable (If he doesn't get in). It's not completely logical, but hey, neither is G-dorf.
Not a fan of Metroid, but Dark samus is annoying, possible, but unwanted (by me)

Louie - This could happen if Louie makes a re-appearance in a new Pikmin game.
Hopefully, also unlikely, but it'd be a clone i'd like

Black Shadow - Samruai Goroh seems very probable for SSB4, and I doubt they would both get in, but stranger things have happened.
Slightly probable

Pichu - If HG/SS is the most recent Pokemon at the time of SSB4's release, this is a certainty, but I think Pokemon will have moved on by then.
I don't think pichu will ever get repped again over any other, even clone, character

Roy - Roy gained a lot of popularity due to his appearance in Melee. If Sakurai's bored he could easily make a return to Smash.
His game was mediocre, not much reason to include him other to please fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom