• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Um just throwing it out there,but would anyone care for a Professor Layton stage? He has had liek four, or five games already in japan. The music is pretty good aswell.
Unless he makes an appearance, no. He's not owned by Nintendo.... The only evidence to him appearing is the Twitter account mentioning the "Grand Smash Tournament" as well as a few high-request characters.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Hurr, I'm late about this...10 characters I think would get in

1. Ridley
2. Little Mac
3. Mega Man
4. Mii
5. Paper Mario
6. Bowser Jr.
7. Tingle
8. Isaac (or his replacement in GS3 if needed)
9. Samurai Goroh
10. ...uh....Lip?

ArielXY

Smash Rookie
SSB4 Characters and Other things.

1. Baby bowser/ But so he can change into Shadow Mario from Mario Sunshine. This will add another charater like shiek/zelda and z samus/samus.

2. Crystal/ Crystal is from the Star Fox Advertures games and owns a staff. Her staff could be a weapon used instead of having to almost copy what fox, falco, or wolf do.

3. Put Mewtwo back into the game.

4. NO MEGAMAN CHARACTERS AND NO MORE SONIC CHARACTERS. They already killed the game with adding in Sonic and I have seen some videos of them wanting megaman. I feel megaman would just kill the game even more. Mega man is in his own fighting games, don't add him in SSB4.

5. Put Roy back in but have him do other moves instead of just coping what Marth does.

6.Put in Kat and Ana from Wario Ware games. They would be great for ninja style fighting and add onto the double charaters like Ice Climbers.

7.Allow an cloth change for Luigi to look like Mr. L from Super Paper Mario.

8.Don't put Pichu back into the game. Pichu does the same moves and the original.

9.Put Rosalina in the game but not to be the same as peach. To have different moves.

10. Bomberman. I grew up with Bomberman and I loved play the Nintendo 64 game. This will be a perfect character for a new SSB game.

11.Add baby mario and luigi. This would be another add on to the Ice Climber double team characters and they would have moves all thier own.

12. Have you ever seen peach use Toad to cover herself? Well I would enjoy seeing Toads Worth thier instead. I would get more laughs and it would make more sense because Toads Worth does not let peach do anything in games like Mario and Luigi Super Star Sega and Partners in Time.

13.Zant from Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess should be a boss for the Story mode.

14.DO NOT PUT RIDLEY AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. He is a good boss for the story mode. Why would you ruin him as a boss. In my opinion I would not like to see a Ridley as a playable character.

15.Geno from Super Mario RPG for the SNES. He would be a good playable pupit type character in my image.

16.LEAVE MR. GAME AND WATCH. I LOVE THAT GUY.

17.Give Olimar the new pikmin that are comming out in the new Pikmin 3 that was announced already. That will give a new verity to the pikmin strikes and the damage done to players.

18.Fawful from Mario & Luigi Super Star Sega. He seems like he could have same good mind playing trick moves like Mr. G&W.

19.Tiny Kong from Donky Kong 64 and making an apperance in Diddy Kong Racing DS would be a good playable character in my opinion.

20.Lanky Kong from Donky Kong 64 would also have some good mind playing tricks like Mr. G&W.

21.Bring back Young Link BUT WITH CHANGES THIS TIME. In Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask link was giving 3 Mask to transform into Goron Link, Deku Link, and Zora Link. That would Make it better for Young Link so he would not have the same moves as Adult Link or Toon Link.

22.Majora from Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. I feel he would have some good mind playing tricks on players just like Mr. G&W.

23.More Soundtrack music.

24. More Trophys to gain.

25. Remake all the maps from SSB 64 and add them in, all the maps from melee, and brawl.

26. Tom Nook from Animal Crossing would be a good WTF character amounting to a kick butt player. I would enjoy playing as Tom Nook, Or beating him because he made me pay so much for my house in Animal Crossing. Lol

That is my list of things and I also want alot more things just I can't remember.

I don't want to see anymore sonic characters. Sonic pisses me off period. So I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE KNUCKLES OR TAILS IN THE GAME.

Other than that my characters are : Falco / Mr. G&W, for both brawl and melee. In the original 64 game I use Fox.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the reason Sonic was put in was that so The Sonic fanboys would be happy, and so that Sakurai would make more money. >.>

Although I like Sonic's games. ^_^

Number 26 seems absolutley ridiculous. You don't want sega/capcom characters in because they "ruin the game" but you would like to throw in a non-combative (Who cares if he was a boxer once!) character that you yourself called a "WTF Character". If that was a joke i apologize however.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
@ArielXY:

While some of the things you suggested are somewhat questionable (e.g. Tiny and Lanky, which would be a stretch (no pun intended)), I do agree that Bomberman, Krystal and Geno need to be in. Luigi having a Mr. L costume would be nice, too.

It's official. Toadsworth needs to become a part of Peach's neutral B move in SSB4! :bee: Sorry, Toad. :(

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Aw, man, that annoys me....

Ariel, Baby Bowser =/= Bowser Jr. Baby Bowser is Bowser as a baby, Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son (which is the person you're thinking about).

I'll give a full response to your list later (maybe), I have to log off soon, though. :(

What!?

Smash Rookie
My wishlist would be another fire emblem character preferably Lyn from FE7 or Ephriam from FE8.
Banjo from Banjo Kazooie, any incarnation of Megaman, BowserJunior,Issac from golden sun,Magus from Chrono Trigger and Django from the Boktai series. Of course I want em all in playable form.

Hero.

Smash Cadet
1. Baby bowser/ But so he can change into Shadow Mario from Mario Sunshine. This will add another charater like shiek/zelda and z samus/samus.

2. Crystal/ Crystal is from the Star Fox Advertures games and owns a staff. Her staff could be a weapon used instead of having to almost copy what fox, falco, or wolf do.

3. Put Mewtwo back into the game.

4. NO MEGAMAN CHARACTERS AND NO MORE SONIC CHARACTERS. They already killed the game with adding in Sonic and I have seen some videos of them wanting megaman. I feel megaman would just kill the game even more. Mega man is in his own fighting games, don't add him in SSB4.

5. Put Roy back in but have him do other moves instead of just coping what Marth does.

6.Put in Kat and Ana from Wario Ware games. They would be great for ninja style fighting and add onto the double charaters like Ice Climbers.

7.Allow an cloth change for Luigi to look like Mr. L from Super Paper Mario.

8.Don't put Pichu back into the game. Pichu does the same moves and the original.

9.Put Rosalina in the game but not to be the same as peach. To have different moves.

10. Bomberman. I grew up with Bomberman and I loved play the Nintendo 64 game. This will be a perfect character for a new SSB game.

11.Add baby mario and luigi. This would be another add on to the Ice Climber double team characters and they would have moves all thier own.

12. Have you ever seen peach use Toad to cover herself? Well I would enjoy seeing Toads Worth thier instead. I would get more laughs and it would make more sense because Toads Worth does not let peach do anything in games like Mario and Luigi Super Star Sega and Partners in Time.

13.Zant from Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess should be a boss for the Story mode.

14.DO NOT PUT RIDLEY AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER. He is a good boss for the story mode. Why would you ruin him as a boss. In my opinion I would not like to see a Ridley as a playable character.

15.Geno from Super Mario RPG for the SNES. He would be a good playable pupit type character in my image.

16.LEAVE MR. GAME AND WATCH. I LOVE THAT GUY.

17.Give Olimar the new pikmin that are comming out in the new Pikmin 3 that was announced already. That will give a new verity to the pikmin strikes and the damage done to players.

18.Fawful from Mario & Luigi Super Star Sega. He seems like he could have same good mind playing trick moves like Mr. G&W.

19.Tiny Kong from Donky Kong 64 and making an apperance in Diddy Kong Racing DS would be a good playable character in my opinion.

20.Lanky Kong from Donky Kong 64 would also have some good mind playing tricks like Mr. G&W.

21.Bring back Young Link BUT WITH CHANGES THIS TIME. In Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask link was giving 3 Mask to transform into Goron Link, Deku Link, and Zora Link. That would Make it better for Young Link so he would not have the same moves as Adult Link or Toon Link.

22.Majora from Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask. I feel he would have some good mind playing tricks on players just like Mr. G&W.

23.More Soundtrack music.

24. More Trophys to gain.

25. Remake all the maps from SSB 64 and add them in, all the maps from melee, and brawl.

26. Tom Nook from Animal Crossing would be a good WTF character amounting to a kick butt player. I would enjoy playing as Tom Nook, Or beating him because he made me pay so much for my house in Animal Crossing. Lol

That is my list of things and I also want alot more things just I can't remember.

I don't want to see anymore sonic characters. Sonic pisses me off period. So I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE KNUCKLES OR TAILS IN THE GAME.

Other than that my characters are : Falco / Mr. G&W, for both brawl and melee. In the original 64 game I use Fox.
You don't want megaman in the game or any sonic characters but you think Bomberman should be in? That doesn't sound fair why should bomberman be in and not megaman?

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman

This is when i stopped reading your post and will continue by not reading any post of yours regarding 3rd party characters.

rockem7

Smash Ace
Yeah, we need Megaman in the game. Well, not exactly need, but he is quite possibly the most likely Capcom character. I personally love Megaman, as I have the original one downloaded on my Wii ^.^ But seriously, he has like a million games. And he's a good fighter. And he can shoot stuff out of a cannon arm. Thus, I think he should get it. (Not the cannon arm part, but the one million games and being a good fighter part. >.>)

n88

Smash Lord
On the topic of third parties, I would like to see Yoshimitsu from SoulCalibur make it in. I really don't think a SC rep is outside the realm of possibility, and Yoshimitsu would be one of the better reps for the series. Nightmare or Siegfried would represent the series better, but you can't have one without the other, and two SC characters is too much.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Concerning the 3rd parties, it'd be neat if a Metal Slug rep would get in. Sure they have guns, but they got plenty of acceptable, wacky, explosive weapons to compensate for that cultural hurdle (flame throwers, grenades, iron lizards, RAWKET LAWNCHAIRS).

The thing is, I don't know who should represent the series. On one hand you have Marco, who is the most obvious choice, while on the other you have Fio, who is quite popular with the fanbase (for, ahem, more reasons than one :embarrass).

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to keep adding more "sincere" characters into a cartoony game. They've already crossed the line with Snake.

n88

Smash Lord
Concerning the 3rd parties, it'd be neat if a Metal Slug rep would get in. Sure they have guns, but they got plenty of acceptable, wacky, explosive weapons to compensate for that cultural hurdle (flame throwers, grenades, iron lizards, RAWKET LAWNCHAIRS).

The thing is, I don't know who should represent the series. On one hand you have Marco, who is the most obvious choice, while on the other you have Fio, who is quite popular with the fanbase (for, ahem, more reasons than one :embarrass).
Never heard of it. Sorry. (I can take a guess at why people want that one character, though)
I'm hoping for Momohime/Kisuke, the main characters of Muramasa, to get in. It's a long shot, and their game isn't even out yet, but they would be so awesome.

Hopefully, Nintendo buys the rights to them so they can get in as 1st/2nd party characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I seriously doubt Nintendo is going to keep adding more "sincere" characters into a cartoony game. They've already crossed the line with Snake.
Metal Slug is more light-hearted, though (although it is quite violent). Heck, the characters look cartoony.

They'd fit right in, all things considered. Where was it said that Nintendo would not add 3rd parties from other serious franchises? I mean, it's not like they don't have any serious franchises themselves (*cough*Metroid*cough*).

If you'd prefer, SNK could always toss in a rep from one of their fighting game franchises like Fatal Fury, King of Fighters or, God forbid, Samurai Showdown.

Nothing is set in stone at the moment, so it's hard to tell who's going to get in.

@n88_2004:

Metal Slug is a SNK/Playmore franchise, just so you know.

That said, I'm hoping for Goemon to get in. A long shot, I know, but at least one of his games is on the VC. Also, we got his N64 games (except for one) back in the day. It'd be fitting for the Edo equivalent of Mario to join the fray, I think.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I believe these 10 characters have high priority to get in before anyone else. Popularity is of little importance and marketing is more important. These 10 characters, I believe, meet right in the middle between popularity and marketing.

1. 5th gen Pokemon - from a future 5th gen Pokemon game and a future 5th gen Pokemon movie

2. Dixie Kong - from the Donkey Kong Country trilogy but now appears in Mario and Donkey Kong spin-off games

3. King K. Rool - from the Donkey Kong Country trilogy but now appears in Mario and Donkey Kong spin-off games

4. Little Mac - from Punch-Out!! (Wii) and Doc Louis's Punch-Out!! (WiiWare)

5. New FE Lord - from a future Fire Emblem console game

6. New Pokemon Trainer - from Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver (at least its better than Pichu)

7. Starfy - from The Legendary Starfy

8. Takamaru - from Nazo no Murasamejou on the Famicom Disk System but there's word that Wii-exclusive Samurai Warriors 3 will feature a Nintendo-related bonus mode based on Nazo no Murasamejou

9. Tingle - from Color Changing Tingle's Balloon Trip of Love (DS) and Too Much Tingle Pack (DSiWare)

10. Toad - from New Super Mario Bros. Wii and also appears in Mario spin-off games

Clownbot

Smash Lord
When you say "New Pokemon Trainer", do you mean an additional Pokemon Trainer or one to replace the current one?

I Don't believe we would get a new pokemon trainer of Gen II and a New Pokemon of Gen 5, but i guess it could happen. Toad is questionable and i think we'll be seeing a new retro character added (not counting Lil Mic who has been remade). Dixie and K. Rool is also questionable, Neither has the huge support and both would make a lot of people angry. The others are toss-ups and I would hardly call anyone "highly likely" in this crazy would of Smash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Do you really think there will be two Pokemon Trainers in SSB4? I don't. So, of course, I meant to imply that Gold and his 2nd gen Pokemon could replace Red and his 1st gen Pokemon in SSB4.

Sorry, maybe you should specify when you say these characters will be included, you should also say "in the place of" if they're going to replace someone.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
King K. Rool and Dixie Kong may be questionable choices, but they're better choices than Tiny Kong and Kiddy Kong, for example. If the latter showed up, there'd be a lot more people that would get angry (especially since Tiny replaced Dixie in DK64).

King K. Rool had the benefit of getting voted twice in Sakurai's poll, though, so that's saying something.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I Don't believe we would get a new pokemon trainer of Gen II and a New Pokemon of Gen 5, but i guess it could happen. Toad is questionable and i think we'll be seeing a new retro character added (not counting Lil Mic who has been remade). Dixie and K. Rool is also questionable, Neither has the huge support and both would make a lot of people angry. The others are toss-ups and I would hardly call anyone "highly likely" in this crazy would of Smash.
If I did what most people do and choose only the most popular characters like Ridley, Samurai Goroh, Bowser Jr., Isaac, and Micaiah, most people would be agreeing with me. After all, most of the fan-made SSB4 rosters look almost the same to the point they are not very interesting. But if I did what I think Sakurai would do and choose the most marketable (and popular) characters like Little Mac, Starfy, Toad, Dixie Kong, and King K. Rool, most people would be disagreeing with me. Therefore I think I did a decent job like Sakurai did for Melee and Brawl.

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
On the topic of third parties, I would like to see Yoshimitsu from SoulCalibur make it in. I really don't think a SC rep is outside the realm of possibility, and Yoshimitsu would be one of the better reps for the series. Nightmare or Siegfried would represent the series better, but you can't have one without the other, and two SC characters is too much.
yoshimitsu is from tekken, not soulcalibur. he was a tekken rep in soulcalibur.

I meant to imply that Gold and his 2nd gen Pokemon could replace Red and his 1st gen Pokemon in SSB4.
Blasphemy!!!!! 1st gen pokemon are the ****, don't take them out. except for jigglypuff, they can take out jigglypuff(even though they won't)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
8. Takamaru - from Nazo no Murasamejou on the Famicom Disk System but there's word that Wii-exclusive Samurai Warriors 3 will feature a Nintendo-related bonus mode based on Nazo no Murasamejou
It turns out that you're right on the money on that.

Also, Gackt, but that's neither here nor there.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/101/1010906p1.html

It's not quite the NnM sequel that Sakurai was hoping for, but this should increase Takamaru's chances a bit (if only in a infinitesimal manner).

n88

Smash Lord
yoshimitsu is from tekken, not soulcalibur. he was a tekken rep in soulcalibur.
It's not actually confirmed that they're the same character. I think the current popular belief is that SC Yoshimitsu is the ancestor of Tekken Yoshimitsu. I still think he's the best choice for a SC (Namco/Bandai) Rep.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, if we are getting two Pokemon Trainers in SSB4 just to have a Charizard vs. Feraligatr match, what are they going to call the second Pokemon Trainer? I mean, Female Pokemon Trainer sounds stupid... the same goes for Rival Pokemon Trainer. I will be honest and say Pokemon Ranger is the best-sounding name for a second Pokemon Trainer. At least its an actual job title. But that is only if Sakurai decides to have two Pokemon Trainers in SSB4.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I honestly think Pac-Man is the best choice for a Namco rep. He is the mascot of the company.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Um anyone want to list a few characters you would really love to see in the next smash bros, but know there chances are very low, and will most likely not even get close to making it. Now I am not talking about listing characters you think will make it but characters that you would love to see. And why ?

Professor Layton: I know he has an extreamly low chance of even getting a trophy, but I really liked his game. It also managed to score DS game of the year :laugh: . I see that there are already about 4 games out in japan, and I can't wait for second one to hit the US shores :lick:.

I would also like to see Skull Kid, as I really liked him in every appearnace he has made.

These two would be nice ideas for my make your move >_>. . . . . *writes them down*

Jerome

Smash Apprentice
SSB4 Mario, Link, and Pokemon Roster

I was thinking there may be a maxium of 6 charcters in the Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon sections. So this is what each section should be so it can please mostly everybody.

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Rosalina

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Midna

Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer Red (Squirtle, Charizard, Ivysaur)
Lucario
Mewtwo
Generation 5 pokemon
Pokemon Trainer Leaf (Jigglypuff,Pichu,Meowth)

You may be thinking Meowth wtf!? I heard Meowth wad planned for Super Smash Brothers 64 but was cut do to time limitations.
Also, I think Nintendo knows that SSB4 is gonna be the most wanted game for the Wii 2 so Nintendo should go all out to make this game epic. So the maxium for each section should be 6 chaaracters not 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom