• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I know that it's too early to celebrate, but...yes! :estatic:

How did the rest of the Famicom Mini Series do in sales, anyway?
Actually, I took the time to write their placings down from best sales to least:

1. Super Mario Bros
2. Super Mario Bros 2 (JP)
3. Ice Climber
4. Ganbare Goemon
5. Link's Adventure
6. Dr. Mario
7. Xevious
8. Pac-Man
9. Bomberman
10. Twinbee
11. Excitebike
12. Mappy
13. Makai-mura
14. Mario Bros
15. Castlevania
16. Star Solider
17. Tantei Club
18. Wrecking Crew
19. Tantei Club Part II
20. Balloon Fight
21. Gundam Fighter
22. Dig Dug
23. Nazo No Murasamejou (AKA the Mystery of Murasame castle)
24. Metroid
25. Kid Icarus

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm Wizzerd, not Wizzard! Gah! It isn't a comic misspelling, it's an awesome enemy in Paper Mario 2!

I don't know about you, but I think this guy > a doll with a generic sage personality and a cat with two bumps on his head.

But yeah, I'm honored. :laugh:
Why you are correct, Wizzerd. I was indeed reffering to the super secret special secret super message in PM2 where you talk to a super special secret Wizzard, and he tells you his opinions on Tingle for SSB4. Strange, how he didn't bring up his opinions on Tingle for Brawl, no? I guess he's just that good. :psycho:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Actually, I took the time to write their placings down from best sales to least:

1. Super Mario Bros
2. Super Mario Bros 2 (JP)
3. Ice Climber
4. Ganbare Goemon
5. Link's Adventure
6. Dr. Mario
7. Xevious
8. Pac-Man
9. Bomberman
10. Twinbee
11. Excitebike
12. Mappy
13. Makai-mura
14. Mario Bros
15. Castlevania
16. Star Solider
17. Tantei Club
18. Wrecking Crew
19. Tantei Club Part II
20. Balloon Fight
21. Gundam Fighter
22. Dig Dug
23. Nazo No Murasamejou (AKA the Mystery of Murasame castle)
24. Metroid
25. Kid Icarus
Thanks! I appreciate taking your time to show me your research. :bigthumbu

Wow. Ice Climber did that well, huh? :eek:

It's too bad that he couldn't make Excitebiker or Balloon Fighter work, because their games seem to have done well.

Edit: Speaking of third-parties, Goemon got some good sales according to this list for the Famicom's GBA remakes. While it's farfetched, it could be possible for him to show up in the next SSB (it helps that 4 games of the series made it over here in the older days).

Edit 2: Aside Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, the only American game representative that I can think of that would be able to make it in is Earthworm Jim. Duke Nukem's games were never released in Japan, it seems. :ohwell:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Pieman0920 said:
Why you are correct, Wizzerd. I was indeed reffering to the super secret special secret super message in PM2 where you talk to a super special secret Wizzard, and he tells you his opinions on Tingle for SSB4. Strange, how he didn't bring up his opinions on Tingle for Brawl, no? I guess he's just that good. :psycho:
Hey hey hey hey hey, don't challenge me! I am like the authority on Paper Mario 2, it being one of my favorite games. Did you know that the middle lines in the message clues in Riddle Tower can make a message that actually makes sense? :bee: By the way, do you like pie?

To make this message less spammish... thanks for doing that research, Fatman. And at KirbyWorshiperRandomnumbers, Goemon has very little chance. Not only does he have only one recent Nintendo game, third parties really need to be exceptionally deserving to get in and be worth the extra legal hassle. Meh third parties like Goemon have little chance of getting in over Megaman and Simon Belmont, who are popular (Belmont is more obscure) and have long histories with Nintendo, and Chocobo and Slime, who are iconic of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest while slightly generic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
To make this message less spammish... thanks for doing that research, Fatman. And at KirbyWorshiperRandomnumbers, Goemon has very little chance. Not only does he have only one recent Nintendo game, third parties really need to be exceptionally deserving to get in and be worth the extra legal hassle. Meh third parties like Goemon have little chance of getting in over Megaman and Simon Belmont, who are popular (Belmont is more obscure) and have long histories with Nintendo, and Chocobo and Slime, who are iconic of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest while slightly generic.
The only criterias that I can think of for the inclusion of a 3rd party are:

A) The character can't be a licensed one (e.g. anime, comic books, TV show...)

B) The character has appeared in at least one Nintendo game.

As far as I know, I never heard anything about "too old" (granted, I admit that Goemon is obscure, but still).

If we go by the logic of "too old", the addition of new 3rd parties in the next game will be limited to...Mega Man. That's not a bad addition, but it'd be like taking a step backwards, since Brawl has two 3rd parties (Snake and Sonic).

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
It's three Nintendo games, and just because Goemon is possible doesn't make him plausible. Yes he fits the requirements, but there are many other third parties outclass him, like Megaman, Simon Belmont, Ryu, Chocobo, Slime and even Crono. All of them will realistically get in before Goemon, and since the most third parties I can see as plausible in SSB4 is four at the most Goemon is very unrealistic.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It's three Nintendo games, and just because Goemon is possible doesn't make him plausible. Yes he fits the requirements, but there are many other third parties outclass him, like Megaman, Simon Belmont, Ryu, Chocobo, Slime and even Crono. All of them will realistically get in before Goemon, and since the most third parties I can see as plausible in SSB4 is four at the most Goemon is very unrealistic.
Well, okay. :ohwell: Megaman, Simon and Crono should be in the next game, at least. Maybe Goemon could show up sometime in Smash's future, but not in SSB4. ;)

But how would Slime and Chocobo work? :confused:

Also, Ryu would have to get his moveset watered-down...which would piss off his fans. Megaman is the better Capcom rep to use, I think.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
No, I don't think that all of those characters could be in. In fact, I think the only third party who's at all likely is Megaman, as much as I would orgasm over Simon Belmont.

Why wouldn't Slime and Chocobo work?

I doubt that Ryu fans would be pissed if his moveset is "watered down" (why would it be?). They would probably be happy that he's in at all. Of course Megaman is a much better Capcom representative

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
No, I don't think that all of those characters could be in. In fact, I think the only third party who's at all likely is Megaman, as much as I would orgasm over Simon Belmont.
Good enough, then. :)

Why wouldn't Slime and Chocobo work?
Well, just look at Slime. While Rocket could be used, I can't really think of anything for him. He's basically the equivalent of a Goomba.

As for Chocobo, his usual attack is peck. Well, there is the possibility of a moveset for him, so I could be wrong.

Heck, I could be wrong for both, but still. Besides, I haven't played any Dragon Quest games and haven't played too much Final fantasy games anyway.

I doubt that Ryu fans would be pissed if his moveset is "watered down" (why would it be?). They would probably be happy that he's in at all. Of course Megaman is a much better Capcom representative
Well, they would get mad because he would get less moves to work with. Granted, I could be wrong, but who knows?

But yes, Mega's a better rep. That said, seeing his Hyper Mega Man attack in 3-D would be GLORIOUS!

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Goemons main system has been Nintendo.
You had the two on the NES
The five on the SNES
The three on the N64
and the newest one was on the DS (not including the arcade game.)

He certainly has the game backing.
He is obsure though and most americans have never even played his awesome games. so his chances are small. Still does not change the fact that I want him.

Characters
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/040/1/1/New_challenger_Goemon_by_drag0nscythe.jpg
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs25/f/2008/068/9/a/New_challenger_Ebisumaru_by_drag0nscythe.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs27/f/2008/075/6/9/New_challenger_Sasuke_by_drag0nscythe.jpg
http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/075/8/e/New_challenger_Yae_by_drag0nscythe.jpg

Stages
http://fc00.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/103/6/8/Stage___Oedo_tourist_dragon_by_drag0nscythe.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/130/0/7/Stage___Peach_Mountain_by_drag0nscythe.jpg

AT
http://fc09.deviantart.com/fs28/f/2008/130/6/4/Assist___Wiseman_Monoshiri_by_drag0nscythe.jpg

Music
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/130/5/9/Music_Sel_screen_for_Goemon_by_drag0nscythe.jpg

Megaman, - Yes
Simon Belmont, - Maybe
Ryu,-No
Chocobo, -Best chance for Square
Slime - Obsure, but maybe
Crono - No.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, Ryu would have to get his moveset watered-down...which would piss off his fans. Megaman is the better Capcom rep to use, I think.
How would his moveset be watered down? Sure, Ryu wouldn't be using a six button system like he usually does, but the moves can be adapted into Smash without any major problems.

Edit 2: Aside Lara Croft, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro, the only American game representative that I can think of that would be able to make it in is Earthworm Jim. Duke Nukem's games were never released in Japan, it seems. :ohwell:
I think Crash is the only viable Western character for a few reasons.

1. He was the unofficial Playstation mascot. With Sega's mascot already in, he would complete the set.
2. Still has fanbase, albeit divided like Sonic's, after all these years.
3. His series was successful in Japan, something very few Western series have accomplished. I only said "was" because since Crash of the Titans came out, the Crash games have not been released in Japan for some reason.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
How would his moveset be watered down? Sure, Ryu wouldn't be using a six button system like he usually does, but the moves can be adapted into Smash without any major problems.
Well, that's good. Although, I think Megaman will still get to show up before Ryu.

I think Crash is the only Western character for a few reasons.

1. He was the unofficial Playstation mascot. With Sega's mascot already in, he would complete the set.
2. Still has fanbase, albeit divided like Sonic's, after all these years.
3. His series was successful in Japan, something very few Western series have accomplished. I only said "was" because since Crash of the Titans came out, the Crash games have not been released in Japan for some reason.
That's a start, I suppose.

Well then, how about we move on and talk about any possible Nes/Famicom era reps?

Right, let's see, since Balloon Fighter, Excitebiker, Bubbles, Sukapon and Urban Champion apparently can't be qualified to enter in Smash (or so I've heard), this narrows down the possible candidates to...

Mach Rider
Takamaru
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
Ayumi Tachibana (questionable, I know)
Star Man (or Amazon)
Stanley the Bugman
Donbe & Hikari

Oh, and Little Mac (though he's not exactly "retro" at the moment).

Well, that's about it, I think. Any other suggestions?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, just look at Slime. While Rocket could be used, I can't really think of anything for him. He's basically the equivalent of a Goomba.

As for Chocobo, his usual attack is peck. Well, there is the possibility of a moveset for him, so I could be wrong.

Heck, I could be wrong for both, but still. Besides, I haven't played any Dragon Quest games and haven't played too much Final fantasy games anyway.
Believe me when I say both of them could have a unique moveset down no problem.

In fact, I am considering doing a MYM moveset for Slime currently. Right now I just need time to start some rough drafts, if anyone has advice it would be appreciated.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Take out Tamagon. He doesn't have arms so he wouldn't be very viable as a Smash fighter.

Take out Stanley. He's a Donkey Kong character so he wouldn't adequately represent the Donkey Kong franchise like Dixie Kong and King K. Rool would.

Mach Rider might not be possible since he faces the same issues Excitebike have... how could he work as a viable Smash fighter if he's fighting on a motorcycle? This doesn't sound very practical.

Urban Champion was disqualified because he didn't offer anything that would make him a very interesting fighter. It is possible that Little Mac didn't get in Brawl because he would just have generic boxing moves... but Punch-Out!! (Wii) finally provides some ideas Sakurai could use to make Little Mac more interesting than a generic boxer. So, any of the Pro Wrestlers would probably be disqualified since they are nothing more than generic wrestlers.

Ayumi Tachibana... a Japanese schoolgirl who is a detective? This doesn't sound like the kind of character who would attract Sakurai's interest.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Mach Rider might not be possible since he faces the same issues Excitebike have... how could he work as a viable Smash fighter if he's fighting on a motorcycle? This doesn't sound very practical.
He doesn't have to fight on his motorcycle. He actually looks like a guy that could hold his own in a fight. It's possible to create a moveset for him, as someone on Deviant art showed:

http://angstyguy.deviantart.com/art/Mach-Rider-s-Smashing-Moves-36681684

http://angstyguy.deviantart.com/art/Mach-Rider-SSB-Sp-Edition-46947760

The motorcycle could be used as his FS.

So, any of the Pro Wrestlers would probably be disqualified since they are nothing more than generic wrestlers.
Amazon isn't that generic. He bites people's heads off and stabs them with forks. Also, he's basically the creature of the Black Lagoon as a wrestler.

Star Man, meanwhile is some sort of acrobat with a signature move called the "Flying Cross Chop". He's pink, too. It helps to stand out in the crowd if you're pink (just ask Kirby and Jigglypuff).

I do agree that most of the wrestlers are generic to an extent, though. But still, among all the types of fighters in Smash (hand-to-hand combatants, gunslingers, swordsmen, combat pragmatists), I don't think we even got a wrestler yet.

Besides, who wouldn't want to hear the crowd shout "A winner is you!" during a chant? ;)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Does anybody thing that sora from the kingdom hearts series would be a good adition
First off there is an edit button, double posting is real unnecessary. As far as Sora goes he has a chance, but Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest deserve a spot more. In my opinion he is a so-so addition, though the stage music would be fantastic. His fighting style could make use of his keyblade weapon as well as his magical abilities. One thing to take into consideration is how much Kingdom Heart representation could actually be in SSB4 considering how Disney has some ownership over the games content (outside of the obvious Disney content). So don't expect a King Mickey AT. lol

And also someone else could be like pkm trainer a bakugAN trainer that would send out bakugan just a thought
I have no idea what Bakugan is, if it is third party (or first party for that matter) than no.

ultimatesmashguy

Smash Cadet
First off there is an edit button, double posting is real unnecessary. As far as Sora goes he has a chance, but I think Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest deserve a spot more. In my opinion he is more of a so-so addition, though the stage music would be great. His fighting style could make use of his keyblade weapon as well as his magical abilities, one thing to take into consideration is how much Kingdom Heart representation could actually be in SSB4 considering how Disney has some ownership over the games content (to my knowledge that is). So don't expect a King Mickey AT. lol--Starphoenix;8030814 quoted this

good point but if the whole disney thing wasnt a factor then i would think that sora would make a great fighter in the game because of his good close ranged keyblade moves and his far ranged magic attacks i say his moves would b a combo of lucas's or ness's magic moves and marth's or ike's sword moves but modified to fit the character and i dont think he shouldnt have his disney sidekicks bec ause it would cause great confusion

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
good point but if the whole disney thing wasnt a factor then i would think that sora would make a great fighter in the game because of his good close ranged keyblade moves and his far ranged magic attacks i say his moves would b a combo of lucas's or ness's magic moves and marth's or ike's sword moves but modified to fit the character and i dont think he shouldnt have his disney sidekicks bec ause it would cause great confusion
He has fighting potential, ultimately it goes back to what Square would want. Which series would they want to represent the company as a whole? Sonic is the face of Sega, Solid Snake in place of a Castlevania character is odd to me but than again it was more of a personal favor to Kojima than a Konami thing. Megaman representing Capcom makes sense as well, Kingdom Hearts just doesn't have the history as the face of Square. That title goes to Final Fantasy and/or Dragon Quest (even though DQ really owned by Enix before their merge with Square). Chocobo or Slime are the main mascots of their respective series in games where the protagonist changes with almost every game, therefore they are the most likely. My personal choice would be Crono, but sadly I have a feeling he just does not have that popularity boost.

Another thing to consider is the series history with Nintendo, Kingdom Hearts losses in that category as well. Sure Kingdom Hearts 358/2 will be on the DS soon, by the time SSB4 rolls around there probably will not be another Kingdom Hearts (the creator said KH is a series that will close), much less on a Nintendo console. Leaving the DS game as a faded memory, where Dragon Quest (just as an example) will not only have DQ IX, but we have a remake of DQVI in the future and the huge blockbuster that is sure to be DQX for the Wii. That (DQX) may not finish being developed for several years, by the time it is it could happen to fall around the time of development for SSB4.

ultimatesmashguy

Smash Cadet
He has fighting potential, but ultimately it goes back to what Square would want. Which series would they want to represent the company as a whole? Sonic is the face of Sega, Solid Snake in place of a Castlevania character is odd to me but than again it was more of a personal favor to Kojima than a Konami thing. Megaman representing Capcom makes sense as well, Kingdom Hearts just doesn't have the history as the face of Square. That title goes to Final Fantasy and/or Dragon Quest (even though DQ really owned by Enix before their merge with Square). Chocobo or Slime are the main mascots of their respective series in games where the protagonist changes with almost every game, therefore they are the most likely. My personal choice would be Crono, but sadly I have a feeling he just does not have that popularity boost.
good point i mean yea soras a great character but that probibly not what the company is thinking bout now anyways so yea and plus ur also right soras just a small little character in the sqare enix collection so they probibly want someone better to represent them anyways

I just never played any of the other square enix games except kingdom hearts so i kinda forgot all the other productions they hav had so yea have u ever played the kingdom hearts series Starphoenix? yea your right im disappointed that they rnt making many more if any more im so getting the ds one i just looked on the website so is sora completely outa the picture?

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
So, the most likely NES representative to show up in the next SSB seems to be Little Mac.

Which is good, since there aren't any boxers in the cast. :)

Hopefully, King Hippo will show up as a boss character...
I don't think Mac counts as a nes any more but his new game ( which is awsome) really boost his chances.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't think Mac counts as a nes any more but his new game ( which is awsome) really boost his chances.
True. But still, he probably will end up in a "NES" row on the character select screen (when all the characters get unlocked), as was the case for Samus in Brawl.

His new game will obviously raise his chances very much.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised to see Bear Hugger make a comeback alongside King Hippo, considering that the latter was originally made to replace him due to the NES' system limitations.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Take out Tamagon. He doesn't have arms so he wouldn't be very viable as a Smash fighter.

Take out Stanley. He's a Donkey Kong character so he wouldn't adequately represent the Donkey Kong franchise like Dixie Kong and King K. Rool would.

Urban Champion was disqualified because he didn't offer anything that would make him a very interesting fighter. It is possible that Little Mac didn't get in Brawl because he would just have generic boxing moves... but Punch-Out!! (Wii) finally provides some ideas Sakurai could use to make Little Mac more interesting than a generic boxer. So, any of the Pro Wrestlers would probably be disqualified since they are nothing more than generic wrestlers.

Ayumi Tachibana... a Japanese schoolgirl who is a detective? This doesn't sound like the kind of character who would attract Sakurai's interest.
Wait a second....

Arc, are you Sakurai in disguise? You sly fox, you.

But seriously, you need to be a bit more open-minded. Almost all of the MYM movesets probably take more effort than what Sakurai comes up with, and they manage to be pretty unique as well.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
True. But still, he probably will end up in a "NES" row on the character select screen (when all the characters get unlocked), as was the case for Samus in Brawl.

His new game will obviously raise his chances very much.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised to see Bear Hugger make a comeback alongside King Hippo, considering that the latter was originally made to replace him due to the NES' system limitations.
On another note you should see that Little Mac moveset they made in MYM. It was fantastic.

ultimatesmashguy

Smash Cadet
So, the most likely NES representative to show up in the next SSB seems to be Little Mac.

Which is good, since there aren't any boxers in the cast. :)

Hopefully, King Hippo will show up as a boss character...
I dont know do u rly think hed be in thge next game if he already featured in the last game as a assist trophy?? i really dont think so i wouldnt get your hopes up, and I think that sora would b an amazing addition to the game but he would be representing square enix and i think final fantasy and dragon quest takes the cake so unfortunately i wouldnt expect either o these guys

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was always more of a fan of Great Tiger than King Hippo, Super Macho Man would be great just to hear him say "bogus" every time he misses you. "Duuuuuuuuuudee".

KirbyWizard why is it in one post you use purple font and in the next you use plain white? lol

ultimatesmashguy

Smash Cadet
you know what would be a great assist trophy for next game? Pac man ghost chasing u around screen that would be a good one! also a funny character to put into the game would be crash bandicoot or spyro???? any thoughts on my ideas??? or even ty the boomorang guy

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
you know what would be a great assist trophy for next game? Pac man ghost chasing u around screen that would be a good one! also a funny character to put into the game would be crash bandicoot or spyro???? any thoughts on my ideas??? or even ty the boomorang guy
All Pacman content is property of Namco and unless Pacman is a playable character (which is plausible but unlikely) I doubt Inky, Blinky, Pinky, and Sue will be making any cameo roles in Smash. Same with Spyro and Crash, property of Sony and they have about as good of a chance as Master Chief (make of it what you will). Never even heard of the last suggestion, but I would say no.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
ultimatesmashguy, please, please,
PLEASE
use proper spelling/grammar, or at least improve it a little. It's not the worst of what I've seen, but you'll definitely get more recognition if you do so.
Sorry about this, I'm just a huge grammar wh0re.

Two things on-topic:

1. Why does having been an Assist Trophy hurt Mac's chances? Charizard used to be a Poke Ball pokemon before (somewhat) becoming playable in Brawl, and Mac is gaining significance and popularity, so it's not that big a deal.

2. Only if Pac-Man gets in will the ghost be an AT, and I find Pac-Man to be a little unlikely. This is only my opinion, of course.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I was always more of a fan of Great Tiger than King Hippo, Super Macho Man would be great just to hear him say "bogus" every time he misses you. "Duuuuuuuuuudee".

KirbyWizard why is it in one post you use purple font and in the next you use plain white? lol
I forgot to use the text color :laugh:.

I think Little Mac has a better chance of getting in seeing he was an assist trophy. Which I think means at least the developers of smash acknowledged his existent. Also seeing Mac get a brand new game that was pretty popular really helps even more.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
The Ghosts would be hilarious, and kinda annoying. Crash has more chances than Spyro since we haven't seen Spyro on a Nintendo system in a while. At least Crash recently had Mind over Mutants on the Wii. If Spyro could make it, that'd be cool. Crash would be plain out hilarious.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Man this thread is so painful to read.

Also I know this is like 6 pages too late, but Samurai Goroh weilds his katana in both GX (for one scene) and GP Legend (constantly).

I need Wizzerd or Pieman or Spyder to log on so I can debate stuff with someone, I'm bored.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Clownbot said:
1. Why does having been an Assist Trophy hurt Mac's chances? Charizard used to be a Poke Ball pokemon before (somewhat) becoming playable in Brawl, and Mac is gaining significance and popularity, so it's not that big a deal.
Being an AT means that a character was disqualified as a potential playable character early in development. Of course, this means they were disqualified pre-Brawl; many of the ATs who actually deserve it now had something happen between Brawl and now to change the dynamic: Little Mac was revived, Tingle got a bunch of new roles, etc.

ToiseOfChoice said:
I need Wizzerd or Pieman or Spyder to log on so I can debate stuff with someone, I'm bored.
:laugh:

But really, reading MYM movesets can be pretty entertaining:

http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/movesets/
http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/movesets-2/
http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/movesets-3/

UberMario

Smash Master
Hey guys, I've got two ideas:

-Multiple losing poses. One would be applauding, while the other two/three would be "sore loser"poses. (Like the current one for Ice Climber or Diddy Kong) for the lolling.
-Training Mode Music (The original had music used during training mode, and neither of the sequels did.)

Any thoughts?

n88

Smash Lord
I leave you people alone for just a few hours, and you add five pages of stuff. I swear you're avoiding me.

As for the sore loser poses: Doesn't really fit all characters (Kirby and Yoshi come to mid immediately) I'd rather that they just gave some of the villains angry losing poses to replace their current ones.

And this should be C. Falcon's loss pose.

UberMario

Smash Master
I leave you people alone for just a few hours, and you add five pages of stuff. I swear you're avoiding me.

As for the sore loser poses: Doesn't really fit all characters (Kirby and Yoshi come to mid immediately) I'd rather that they just gave some of the villains angry losing poses to replace their current ones.

And this should be C. Falcon's loss pose.
Kirby cried when he lost to DeDeDe in Gourmet Race, and Yoshi keels over whenever the Bandit wins a mini-game. The "sore loser" poses could be from games like Mario Party instead of making entirely new ones.

n88

Smash Lord
Kirby cried when he lost to DeDeDe in Gourmet Race, and Yoshi keels over whenever the Bandit wins a mini-game. The "sore loser" poses could be from games like Mario Party instead of making entirely new ones.
Ah. I thought you meant angry, johnning loss poses. The ones you mentioned are fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom