• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n88

Smash Lord
I think some people want Midna just because they find her hot. She seems a bit furry even though she is not actually a furry. If we want a hot furry in SSB4, go with Krystal. At least she's recurring and important in more than one game.
You have officially ruined my childhood. *Throws up in a corner*

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
drag0nscythe.deviantart.com
It is the featured item. Smash bros Fisticuffs.

Also, I like the cinema scene selector. That is rather cool.
While your ideas are not compatible with my story idea, I do like what you have going. You should develop this into a story and post it.

I would like to see it.
Thanks.

Scene selector? :confused: I was talking about interactive cut scenes. Nevertheless, I'm glad you like that idea.

As for developing my ideas into a story...Well, I could do that, although I only have random, select scenarios in my head at the moment. It would take a lot of time for me to write a coherent story out of it, given all the possibilities.

Maybe after SSB4 gets released (although, I'm not certain). ;)

Until then, I will continue to anticipate and post my wishes in this topic.

Edit: On a side note, it would be nice to have the narrator shout the next SSB game's title, like the older days.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Vaati? Popularity?
lol good joke
He does have popularity. That is why he showed up on so many character lists before brawl.

Mewtwo was a hell of a lot more popular
and from what I read, Mewtwo was planned for SSB, but did not make it because Sakurai wanted a joke character in the game.

but look. I don't know where you get this thing about Fire Emblem.
Sakurai was going to remove Marth and Roy from the US version of the game becuase they were japan only. He changed his mind though when beta testers showed favorable results to the characters.

And epic facepalm about your last comment. I never said that Japan is the only place that matters. I said that it matters the most. Ridley isn't hated in Japan to the extent that Tingle is in America (though if some would enjoy a character, those who don't shouldn't really matter.
I disagree. It does not matter the most.
as for Ridley, Metroid is not that popular in Japan. And Ridley is only wanted by the west.

I find it funny that you're accusing me of only caring about a small area. I mean, 2/3 of the world likes him. You said it yourself, and apparently you're infallible...
What? I am using the world for that statement, not just Japan.

I never said it did. He has other reasons that make him very reasonable: similar to Geno, the reasons mean little on their own, but put together we have a great option/a horrible option.
I said it was a fine point.

Yes, everybody has it, but in Sakurai's twisted little world there are plenty of characters who are incapable of fighting.
Wonder if Tingle is one of them.

http://ms.nintendo-europe.com/tingle/enGB/index.html
Click on the interview area and scroll down.
Thank you.

The hell it is.
So it is not a valid point.

Yeah, so because I made a mistake by mentioning Midna and Wolf Link my argument is invalid? You still need to account for Agahnim and the King of Red Lions and other one-shots.
I thought I covered it. Their popularity was not at the levels of Midna.

Got a source on Midna's alleged superior popularity? Besides, Sheik, y'know, the one-shot of the most iconic and popular Zelda, never appeared in a Zelda game again. (She appeared in Smash because her game was ridiculously popular and was actually recent, whereas TP will not be by SSB4). Why should Midna or Wolf Link? Your whole argument is based on something that there is no evidence of happening, has never happened before and would effectively do nothing if it did. You're assuming everything.
Well, Tingle is one that broke out.
As for Shiek, she was supposed to be in TP, but had to be cut.

I will look for numbers for Midna's popularity. Just remember one thing. Tingle was in this same spot as Midna before.

So I've heard. Played Rosy Rupeeland recently?
Not interested. I hate Tingle.

I think some people want Midna just because they find her hot. She seems a bit furry even though she is not actually a furry. If we want a hot furry in SSB4, go with Krystal. At least she's recurring and important in more than one game.
I will say right now, I liked Midna's attitude when she first showed up. She was interesting. I really started to like her when she turned normal. (call it shallow if you want.) Given I think Normal Midna is a useless fighter, I think Imp Midna is a better option. Given I like Wolf Link and think the concept was awesome, I want to see Imp Midna nad Wolf Link in the next game as a FS transformation for Link.

Thanks.

Scene selector? :confused: I was talking about interactive cut scenes. Nevertheless, I'm glad you like that idea.
Kind of what I ment. I like the idea though.

As for developing my ideas into a story...Well, I could do that, although I only have random, select scenarios in my head at the moment. It would take a lot of time for me to write a coherent story out of it, given all the possibilities.

Maybe after SSB4 gets released (although, I'm not certain). ;)

Until then, I will continue to anticipate and post my wishes in this topic.

Edit: On a side note, it would be nice to have the narrator shout the next SSB game's title, like the older days.
I agree. narrator needs to yell

SUPER SMASH BROTHERS
F-F-F-F-FIST TI CUFFS!

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Also, if anybody has a moveset idea for Lyndis, Micaiah, and/or Sothe, may I see it please? And I'm only asking for a moveset for only one of the three choices and I'll only need four Specials and a Final Smash. If you want to do more than one character, then be my guest. Thank you!

And if there isn't going to be a new FE game by the time Smash 4 is released, who would most likely be the third FE rep for SSB4's playable roster?

Would someone please give me opinions/comments for these two questions? The comments can even be mean, I just would like some answers, please.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
- Some of the new main generals of the villain army include Black Shadow, King K. Rool and Dr. Robotnik (with the latter remaining hidden in the shadows ala Giovanni until Sonic appears in the story).

- The near-climax of the story has the united heroes (and former villains) facing off with the 4 most powerful and terrifying entities in the gaming universe (e.g. Giygas, Nightmare) before fighting the Supreme Leader (Taboo or someone higher than him, if possible).
Good ideas. Including Robotnic means the return of Galleom (Repairs f*ck yeah!). Replace Nightmare with 02, but both is fine as long Nightmare works under 02 (Who should appear as 03)

You gots Enemies, Heros, & Galactic/demensional scale overpower uber Enemies that are in the league of Lovecraft's deities such as Tabuu, Giygas, (Insert any last Kirby boss here), and Possebly Arceus (Who hates humans apparently).

If we get these kinds of bosses in here, this would be a good reason to unite Hero & Enemy.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Also, if anybody has a moveset idea for Lyndis, Micaiah, and/or Sothe, may I see it please? And I'm only asking for a moveset for only one of the three choices and I'll only need four Specials and a Final Smash. If you want to do more than one character, then be my guest. Thank you!

And if there isn't going to be a new FE game by the time Smash 4 is released, who would most likely be the third FE rep for SSB4's playable roster?

Would someone please give me opinions/comments for these two questions? The comments can even be mean, I just would like some answers, please.
I can answer the second question.
If there is no new FE game, I bet the third rep will be Roy again.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I can answer the second question.
If there is no new FE game, I bet the third rep will be Roy again.
I understand that Roy was a Smasher before (which ups his chances), but he's not exactly the most recent FE lord. Are you sure he's the most likely? If there's to be a new FE game and Roy appears as the main character/lord, then his chances of being playable in Smash 4 are about 99.99%. If there isn't going to be a new FE game by the time SSB4 comes out, then I believe that the third FE rep for Smash 4 would be Micaiah or maybe someone from the Shadow Dragon remake.

Micaiah would have more diversity from Marth and Ike. If I accepted Roy as a fighter alt, but not as a separate playable character, would that be considered hypocrytical? And please be honest.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
drag0nscythe said:
He does have popularity. That is why he showed up on so many character lists before brawl.
Really? I barely saw him on lists at all, and it seemed that people more expected him than actually wanted him.

and from what I read, Mewtwo was planned for SSB, but did not make it because Sakurai wanted a joke character in the game.
Not only do I want to see a source on this, Jigglypuff was not a joke character. It's easy to pass her off as a weak character, but her low knockback in the original makes her an excellent comboer. Her KO ability is substandard but she has some solid KO moves like usmash, and she can also gain KOs by edgeguarding efficiently enough. See Samus and Link for the closest things to joke characters in the original SSB. The people who call Jigglypuff a joke character are the same people that call Ike broken.

Sakurai was going to remove Marth and Roy from the US version of the game becuase they were japan only. He changed his mind though when beta testers showed favorable results to the characters.
Source plz?

I disagree. It does not matter the most.
as for Ridley, Metroid is not that popular in Japan. And Ridley is only wanted by the west.
Of course it matters the most, it's evident in how Nintendo and Sakurai are from Japan and there are so many Japan-only characters.
The situation with Ridley is different then Tingle. Tingle gets hatred in the West (though that shouldn't matter) and since Metroid doesn't sell too well in Japan most may not even be aware that he exists. At the very most they are indifferent to him.

What? I am using the world for that statement, not just Japan.
The problem is that you are thinking too much in terms of what Sakurai should do instead of what he does do. Remember: what would Sakurai do?

I said it was a fine point.
You said that it did not make him a must-have, and I pointed out that I never said that it on its own.

Wonder if Tingle is one of them.
Of course he isn't. Sakurai isn't dumb enough to think that he is when he has fought in his games and shows fighting potential in others (selling fighting implements in Wind Waker, stealing force gems in FSA, etc.).

So it is not a valid point.
???

I thought I covered it. Their popularity was not at the levels of Midna.
Still waiting on that source...

Well, Tingle is one that broke out.
As for Shiek, she was supposed to be in TP, but had to be cut.

I will look for numbers for Midna's popularity. Just remember one thing. Tingle was in this same spot as Midna before.
Tingle was supposed to be in TP? Where do you get this bullsh*t from? And Tingle is like one out of like, what, five one-shots? And how would having a cameo in a new Zelda do anything at all to his chances? The point of cameos is minor, pointless appearences that most people never even noticed, and even seeing them in a very minor cameo will not make anybody wh0re over Midna/Wolf Link.

Not interested. I hate Tingle.
That's just sad. Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is an excellent game, radically original, and you're never going to get it just because you dislike the protagonist. A little variety never killed anyone...

I won't be responding to any more of your posts on the matter because I have covered all of the reason why Tingle is reasonable and you still think freaking Vaati and Wolf Link are more likely. I'll finish by saying that:
-Tingle has popularity where it matters the most.
-Vaati is dead as a character.
-Wolf Link/Midna have no evidence that they will ever appear again, even as a small cameo, and even if they did it would not make them suddenly a good option. It's like saying that Geno being the doll hosting the Star Stache in Superstar Saga means anything at all.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
There is no such thing as a joke character ever having been in Smash. I dislike it when people call Jiggz/Pichu/retro characters joke characters, because that's never how any of them were intended.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Good ideas. Including Robotnic means the return of Galleom (Repairs f*ck yeah!). Replace Nightmare with 02, but both is fine as long Nightmare works under 02 (Who should appear as 03)

You gots Enemies, Heros, & Galactic/demensional scale overpower uber Enemies that are in the league of Lovecraft's deities such as Tabuu, Giygas, (Insert any last Kirby boss here), and Possebly Arceus (Who hates humans apparently).

If we get these kinds of bosses in here, this would be a good reason to unite Hero & Enemy.
Well, I wasn't really thinking about 02 (also, it's not certain if he would reappear in a new form, given that hasn't made an appearance since Kirby 64). Arceus is a good suggestion, though (although a tad questionable, since he's the Pokemon God and everything).

As for the 4th one...it's tricky. Either Tabuu or Andross, who generally tries to play God.

I was thinking about a Galleom Mark 2 that would attack one of the hero groups, while they are on a speeding highway train.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Maybe we could have Peach as a villain fighting in a giant robot suit, and maybe have her killed off (or at least have her put in a coma).
Dude, you're just acting childish here.

Peach WILL be playable in SSB4, it's just illogical for Sakurai to cut a character that has a somewhat large role in her series, especially since she's been in two games already.

EDIT: Lol, thanks, Jumpman. Your last comment just makes my first comment look so much more true.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
B***o... I can't think of any obscenities that would fit into that... Bitch would require four asterisks and no O...

UberMario

Smash Master
Probably because she has a high-pitched voice and keeps getting captured over and over? At least she isn't Daisy.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There is no such thing as a joke character ever having been in Smash. I dislike it when people call Jiggz/Pichu/retro characters joke characters, because that's never how any of them were intended.
Not to be rude or anything, but do you have any proof for this?

Also, I never really thought of Mr. Game & Watch as a joke. Heck, ROB's retro and he's not a joke.

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Really? I barely saw him on lists at all, and it seemed that people more expected him than actually wanted him.
If people did not want him, they would have found a way to keep him off their lists. Expected or not.

Source plz?
Every comment you had about sources can come from this.
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Stor...ing-a-comprehensive-list-of-unused-characters

Of course it matters the most, it's evident in how Nintendo and Sakurai are from Japan and there are so many Japan-only characters.
The situation with Ridley is different then Tingle. Tingle gets hatred in the West (though that shouldn't matter) and since Metroid doesn't sell too well in Japan most may not even be aware that he exists. At the very most they are indifferent to him.
Lucas/Marth/...Roy............
Playable.

And the hatred in the west does matter. It has to be considered.

The problem is that you are thinking too much in terms of what Sakurai should do instead of what he does do. Remember: what would Sakurai do?
He does use the world though. He said it on the smash blog. He said that he had to consider the world, but would put some Japan only characters in, depending.

Of course he isn't. Sakurai isn't dumb enough to think that he is when he has fought in his games and shows fighting potential in others (selling fighting implements in Wind Waker, stealing force gems in FSA, etc.).
Sakurai thinks Animal Crosser cannot be a fighter even though he has the means.

Tingle was supposed to be in TP? Where do you get this bullsh*t from? And Tingle is like one out of like, what, five one-shots? And how would having a cameo in a new Zelda do anything at all to his chances? The point of cameos is minor, pointless appearences that most people never even noticed, and even seeing them in a very minor cameo will not make anybody wh0re over Midna/Wolf Link.
I said Shiek was supposed to be in TP, not tingle.
Making an appearance again raises popularity and usually stems from popularity. Tingle is an example of this.

That's just sad. Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is an excellent game, radically original, and you're never going to get it just because you dislike the protagonist. A little variety never killed anyone...
The hero can make or break a game. Happened in many RPG's I played.

I won't be responding to any more of your posts on the matter because I have covered all of the reason why Tingle is reasonable and you still think freaking Vaati and Wolf Link are more likely. I'll finish by saying that:
I think they are better choices.

-Tingle has popularity where it matters the most.
-Vaati is dead as a character.
-Wolf Link/Midna have no evidence that they will ever appear again, even as a small cameo, and even if they did it would not make them suddenly a good option. It's like saying that Geno being the doll hosting the Star Stache in Superstar Saga means anything at all.
1. Does not matter. He has to have popularity more then just "where it matters"
2. Vaati may be dead now, but you cannot cut him from the running.
3. Geno fanboys use it. A cameo means popularity is there. You need to remember that. If they do make a return, then it shows people know who they are. Given that, they will goto their most iconic role, which is in TP.

and I hate Tingle.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Not to be rude or anything, but do you have any proof for this?
No hardcore proof, but most of the characters that are considered "jokes" have logical reason behind their inclusion.

Jigglypuff was popular and recurring in the show when SSB64 came out.

Pichu is a representative (**** it) for the second gen, which was the most recent at Melee's time.

Ice Climbers and Pit.... Well, they represent retro games.

G&W represents retro games as well as the Game & Watch.

ROB represents retro games as well as Nintendo peripherals, and he's considered an important accessory in Nintendo history (something about getting the NES to America or whatever).

EDIT: From what I gather, Jumpman, you hate Peach because you suck when you play as her. I don't see anything on her Brawl wiki page that involves her white dress.

UberMario

Smash Master
Peach has moves I don't agree with. Like her Side Special, Back and Down throws, Back Aerial, and Forward Tilt (especially in her white outfit; if you don't know why, chech out Smash Wiki and go to the section "Peach (SSBB).").
Oh, I understand now. I hate that too. Perry will probably change that though.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
ROB brought the NES to Europe, not America, and Game and Watch was partially included as a tribute to Gunpei Yokoi, who died in a car crash. But yeah, I agree with your list, even if I think recent characters should get in over retro characters (though they obviously will keep getting in...).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Peach has moves I don't agree with. Like her Side Special, Back and Down throws, Back Aerial, and Forward Tilt (especially in her white outfit; if you don't know why, chech out Smash Wiki and go to the section "Peach (SSBB).").
So basically you don't like her because how she attacks with her butt and how you can look up her dress? :laugh:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Yeah, of course, Fatman. Obviously, Sakurai included Peach because he's got the hots for her! =O

EDIT: @Jumpman, I was hoping my statement about you being childish would stop you from doing so.

Tadpole Angel

Smash Rookie
I definitely think that more costumes should be added. Or maybe a readily available/unlockable paint-like option to custom-create costumes! They could be saved onto a sd card and shared online. That way, players wouldn't need to mod their systems to be able to make uniquely colored versions of their characters.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Clownbot said:
Yeah, of course, Fatman. Obviously, Sakurai included Peach because he's got the hots for her! =O
ZSS more than covers that kind of thing... :laugh:

I really hope that the oversexualized character who is vastly inferior to Ridley is cut for SSB4, but there's no real chance of that...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I definitely think that more costumes should be added. Or maybe a readily available/unlockable paint-like option to custom-create costumes! They could be saved onto a sd card and shared online. That way, players wouldn't need to mod their systems to be able to make uniquely colored versions of their characters.
I am so glad you didn't mention custom characters. *phew!*

Anyway, this sounds like a fun idea. It saves you from going through the hassle of getting texture hacks, at least. :laugh:

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
So basically you don't like her because how she attacks with her butt and how you can look up her dress? :laugh:
That's correct! If that problem is fixed, I would be fine with Peach's inclusion.

And we could also have a feature that could create fighter alts. We could have Roy as a Marth (or Ike?) alt, Louie as an Olimar alt, some other Starfox characters as alts of the playable SF fighters, some F-Zero characters as Captain Falcon alts, and maybe some alts for the Pokemon Trainer. And if that feature is available in Smash 4, then maybe I could use a Yoshi model to make a Mr. Patch alt (or at least make an alt that looks like Mr. Patch).

Clownbot

Smash Lord
That's correct! If that problem is fixed, I would be fine with Peach's inclusion.
That's only a good reason because of the perverts that actually do it. I'm pretty sure most of us care about Smash because it's a good game more than we do because ZOMG Zamus is so hawt!!!11

Pieman0920

Smash Master
...Alright, lets see what I missed...

Concerning Tingle, Wizzard's first post on the subject (today) is basically what I agree on. Given his competition, Tingle is pretty much the premier choice for a Zelda character, and if you don't like him, you can just use him as a punching bag, like many people do for the Pokemon characters. Anyone who actually does not buy the game simply because Tingle is in it though has issues. While Tingle isn't as well liked in the Americas, its not like everyone and their grandmother hates him over here.

Concerning Peach, she's not going to be cut, plain and simple. Other than some dark clone, like in SSE, she also won't be a villain. I really don't know what your problem with women is MtJ, but quite frankly, it seems odd to me that you complain about Peach having moves like those, while also wanting Sothe in because his midrift is exposed. While its not my business to pry into your orientation, it just seems odd that you can endorse one, and not the other. =/

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
...Alright, lets see what I missed...

Concerning Tingle, Wizzard's first post on the subject (today) is basically what I agree on. Given his competition, Tingle is pretty much the premier choice for a Zelda character, and if you don't like him, you can just use him as a punching bag, like many people do for the Pokemon characters. Anyone who actually does not buy the game simply because Tingle is in it though has issues. While Tingle isn't as well liked in the Americas, its not like everyone and their grandmother hates him over here.

Concerning Peach, she's not going to be cut, plain and simple. Other than some dark clone, like in SSE, she also won't be a villain. I really don't know what your problem with women is MtJ, but quite frankly, it seems odd to me that you complain about Peach having moves like those, while also wanting Sothe in because his midrift is exposed. While its not my business to pry into your orientation, it just seems odd that you can endorse one, and not the other. =/
Sothe doesn't have to be playable, he's just one of my three preferences for FE's third SSB4 rep, with the other two being Lyn and Micaiah (though I can't choose all three).

And most people seem to endorse only one and not the other.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Sothe doesn't have to be playable, he's just one of my three preferences for FE's third SSB4 rep, with the other two being Lyn and Micaiah (though I can't choose all three).

And most people seem to endorse only one and not the other.
How many people do you see here suggesting that we have women wear less clotheing, and get rid of Captain Falcon because he is wearing tight spandex with button nipples? None that I see. While its true that most people do prefer one over the other, you just don't see many people activly wanting one, while hating the other.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I don't really mind the fanservice. The game is rated T for Teen, after all.

I doubt it because Takamaru has more to work with then just his sword. He has throwing stars, explosives (both for offensive and defensive purposes), and even has the ability to control fire, wind, and lightening.

Regarding Takamaru, Sakurai said that his inclusion would be based on how well his GBA remake did. Out of the 25 games in the Famicom Mini series, Nazo No Murasamejo sold 23rd overall but still beat out Metroid and Kid Icarus. Sakurai said that Pit's inclusion was based on his sales of the GBA game which got 25th out of 25 (ie; dead last) in sales. Nazo No Murasamejo sold only about three thousand more copies than Kid Icarus (52,000 to 49,000) but if Sakurai was impressed with Kid Icarus getting last place...
I know that it's too early to celebrate, but...yes! :estatic:

How did the rest of the Famicom Mini Series do in sales, anyway?

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
How many people do you see here suggesting that we have women wear less clotheing, and get rid of Captain Falcon because he is wearing tight spandex with button nipples? None that I see. While its true that most people do prefer one over the other, you just don't see many people activly wanting one, while hating the other.
Can we please move on to a different topic, now?

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Pieman0920 said:
I'm Wizzerd, not Wizzard! Gah! It isn't a comic misspelling, it's an awesome enemy in Paper Mario 2!

I don't know about you, but I think this guy > a doll with a generic sage personality and a cat with two bumps on his head.

But yeah, I'm honored. :laugh:

Clownbot said:
What to discuss?
Umm... third parties?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom