• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Baseless assumptions? He has done research on 2ch, and the only reason he lacks sources is that 2ch purges topics at a certain length.
You make it seem like he rallied the entire 2ch boards to find out how much they like such and such. $5 says he got a dozen people to keep chiming in with their opinions at most. And nothing was stopping him from copying all the responses as they came in (either in plaintext or screenshot) if he really wanted to prove what he claims. You should know better than to take someone's word at face value.

I will never understand why people mock "deservedness." It's only THE ENTIRE BASIS OF ROSTERS. Every point you've ever made about a character being popular or having moveset potential is an aspect of it and you use it in every post in the thread. Moveset potential is an aspect of deservedness. Bias? He's said that he likes certain characters and dislikes others, but still he presented many reasons for his inclusion of Lip, and he even had Krystal in his roster for a while, despite his strong dislike of the oversexualized pile of fanservice like any rational person.
I see stuff like this:
- "Now for another series that I felt is lacking a playable character. Puzzle League (AKA Panel de Pon) is one of Nintendo’s two biggest puzzle series (the other being Dr. Mario)."
and this:
- I see a lot of people attack the idea of adding Lip as a playable character in Brawl for foolish reasons.
and this:
- I do feel that Lip is worthy enough to enter because she is the best fit to represent the Puzzle League series which is one of Nintendo’s two biggest puzzle franchises (unlike Krystal whom I mainly placed in due to popularity).

As if Puzzle League in itself is this amazing franchise that absolutely MUST have some form of representation. Like it "deserves" a character for whatever reason over any other series that isn't represented yet.

- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Lip to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.

Watch how this works:

- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Sigurd to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.
- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Toad to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.
- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Ridley to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.

All he says is "Lip is popular in Japan" and "she has moveset potential." Then he says it a couple more times. Not once does he say something that actually makes Lip stand out from any other newcomer. And he says the same thing about Krystal while tacking on the "I hate her but she's too popular to ignore" bit. How the hell am I supposed to take this guy seriously?

"Olimar is the size of a quarter" is plenty valid. Plenty of Pikmin players noticed for a while that a character shown to be half the height of a GCN memory card in the instruction manual, but they got over it. Ridley fans can get over it too.
It doesn't work because Olimar is the same relative size in Smash as he is in Pikmin. The heads of his Pikmin still go up to his neck and Bulborbs are still massive. Everyone sees that. If Mario was a playable character in Pikmin 3, he'd still stand over Olimar the way he does in Smash. Anyway the reason I brought that up is because I've never heard anyone change their mind over this stunning revelation, and really, they shouldn't unless their opinions are easily swayed.

You lose all respect with the final comment. Is it such a big deal?
Considering the lack of brevity, unnecessary details, and general repetition, yeah. It's painful to read. Just look at this sentence:
- Now for another series that I felt is lacking a playable character.

Seriously, read that over and over again until it sinks in.

I don't know why you feel the need to defend him, but whatever. I'd rather he defend himself though, I know he posts on here.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
You make it seem like he rallied the entire 2ch boards to find out how much they like such and such. $5 says he got a dozen people to keep chiming in with their opinions at most. And nothing was stopping him from copying all the responses as they came in (either in plaintext or screenshot) if he really wanted to prove what he claims. You should know better than to take someone's word at face value.
...no I didn't, I just said that he has done several surveys. Hyperbole right there. He may not have direct proof, but that's difficult to obtain when threads purge so quickly. And it's not like Chronobound/Snakey is some random guy off of the street who I trust for no reason whatsoever. I know him and he's proved that he's trustworthy before. More importantly, the things he's claimed are all common knowledge, like certain characters being popular. Claiming that his research on 2ch is invalid is like saying that Ridley and Black Shadow are unpopular: because, y'know, that's what he found out.

I see stuff like this:
- "Now for another series that I felt is lacking a playable character. Puzzle League (AKA Panel de Pon) is one of Nintendo’s two biggest puzzle series (the other being Dr. Mario)."
and this:
- I see a lot of people attack the idea of adding Lip as a playable character in Brawl for foolish reasons.
and this:

- I do feel that Lip is worthy enough to enter because she is the best fit to represent the Puzzle League series which is one of Nintendo’s two biggest puzzle franchises (unlike Krystal whom I mainly placed in due to popularity).

As if Puzzle League in itself is this amazing franchise that absolutely MUST have some form of representation. Like it "deserves" a character for whatever reason over any other series that isn't represented yet.
Where are you going with this? By this logic, the roster would be worse than Brawl's. Instead of getting unique, recognizable and popular characters from new series like Isaac, we would get obscure characters like the Duck Hunt dog. In fact, when you were arguing for the Duck Hunt dog, you were using deservingness yourself, saying that the dog is popular and recognizable: the definition of deservingness. You've been arguing that Duck Hunt "'deserves' a character for whatever reason over any other series that isnn't represented yet" (which is ridiculous, but that's a different argument.)

- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Lip to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.

Watch how this works:

- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Sigurd to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.
- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Toad to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.
- Many Japanese Smash fans have longed for Ridley to be a playable character ever since the first Smash Bros. was released.

All he says is "Lip is popular in Japan" and "she has moveset potential." Then he says it a couple more times. Not once does he say something that actually makes Lip stand out from any other newcomer. And he says the same thing about Krystal while tacking on the "I hate her but she's too popular to ignore" bit. How the hell am I supposed to take this guy seriously?
So some characters have the same pros going for them, so he repeated them. Is that such a big deal? He says a lot more than that about Lip, saying that she reps Nintendo's biggest puzzler series, that Sakurai thinks that Panel de Pon is a masterpiece and many other valid reasons. Tell me why these do not make her stand out. And he did cut Krystal from his roster, so he clearly now agrees with your almighty opinion.

It doesn't work because Olimar is the same relative size in Smash as he is in Pikmin. The heads of his Pikmin still go up to his neck and Bulborbs are still massive. Everyone sees that. If Mario was a playable character in Pikmin 3, he'd still stand over Olimar the way he does in Smash. Anyway the reason I brought that up is because I've never heard anyone change their mind over this stunning revelation, and really, they shouldn't unless their opinions are easily swayed.
Umm... play some Pikmin? Olimar is shown in the manual of Pikmin to be half the height of a memory card, and he's constantly standing aside implements like batteries that dwarf him. Mario wouldn't stand over Olimar in the same way as in Smash if he was playable in Pikmin 3- he would be around twenty-five times his height, unless you mean just bigger, in which case Ridley can be made to be bigger than Samus. I'm lucky that I knew better than to take somebody's words at face value. Nobody's been swayed by your revelations that R1DL3Y 1Z 2 81G! either, and Chronobound never intended it to do anything but support his case.

Considering the lack of brevity, unnecessary details, and general repetition, yeah. It's painful to read. Just look at this sentence:
- Now for another series that I felt is lacking a playable character.

Seriously, read that over and over again until it sinks in.
So you aren't taking him seriously because his essays are too long? Wow.

I don't know why you feel the need to defend him, but whatever. I'd rather he defend himself though, I know he posts on here.
I'm defending him because I have respect for him. He's shown his intelligence many times over. I guess you're right that I shouldn't though, you're a lost cause.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm just wondering, but just how many people did Chronobound ask on 2ch? Depending on the size, it may not be a good indicator as to how popular they are, at least in Japan. Also, wouldn't it be a better indicator to see how popular a character is by asking the fanbases themselves? Instead of asking whether Krystal or Wolf is better liked to a general audience like Smash, it's better to ask the Starfox audience that knows the characters better.

Also, we should not take the Japanese popularity solely into account. To me, it was a mistake to ask only the Japanese as to who wanted what in. Sakurai even acknowledged that the game has an international audience when he wanted to limit the number of Japanese exclusives to the game. Next time, I think the rest of the world will get to provide input.

Now for ATs, some were likely chosen because they had been wanted, but could not become playable due to a lack of time (like Saki). I think a good indicator as to who would likely become playable would be the ones who have significant popularity (Saki, Little Mac, Isaac, Goroh, and Lyn), and a moveset could be made that doesn't deviate to much from the original source.

Finally, I want to say that size means nothing. Some argue that part of Ridley's badassery is his intimidating size. However, I think his badassery lies in that hes a scary fire breathing dragon, is the leader of the Space Pirates, constantly comes back to life, and killed Samus' mother in front of her and ate her mother.

How is it that it's okay to scale up a character known to be incredibly tiny (Olimar), but you can't scale down a rather large dragon?

UberMario

Smash Master
Bowser should vouch for Ridley.

Seriously, how come the past twenty+ pages are mostly "Ridley's size is a problem" or "Dixie's better than K.Rool"
Can we actually talk about the game ideas, not the eternal arguments?

What if Nintendo had a "download hub" that you could download textures for add-on alternate costumes. With the only restriction for uploading being obvious censorships. (You know what I mean)

Hyper_Shadow

Smash Rookie
Add Shadow, Metal Sonic, Emerl ( who'd every think of Emerl wouldn't be neat to have metal sonic and Emerl!) Zero, Ridely, Rayquaza, Roy, Master Hand (epesally Master Hand!), Crazy Hand, Knuckles, Tails, Silver,Tabuu, Mewtwo, Grouden, Kyrge, Palcia, Diolga, Iron Man (since megaman is made by capom why shouldn't iron man be added!) stages: The pipe house, eggman's base, Angel island, and Emerald Hill.

n88

Smash Lord
I agree, that would be the best way to make a terrible Smash roster.

Sonic Obsession, much?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Add Shadow, Metal Sonic, Emerl ( who'd every think of Emerl wouldn't be neat to have metal sonic and Emerl!) Zero, Ridely, Rayquaza, Roy, Master Hand (epesally Master Hand!), Crazy Hand, Knuckles, Tails, Silver,Tabuu, Mewtwo, Grouden, Kyrge, Palcia, Diolga, Iron Man (since megaman is made by capom why shouldn't iron man be added!) stages: The pipe house, eggman's base, Angel island, and Emerald Hill.
Strange hard-ons for the Sonic and Pokemon series aside, Iron Man is owned by Marvel, not Capcom, did not originate in video games, and is a comic book character, which Sakurai said would not be in Smash. Even if for some reason the director wasn't Sakurai, it still wouldn't happen I'd wager.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Woah! Slow down there buddy... First of all, WAY too many Sonic characters. Don't expect any more than one, Sonic himself. Sakurai obviously doesn't care too much for the guest series like he does mainstream Nintendo series. There are plenty of mainstream Ninendo characters to get in before we see any new guest appearances. Same with stages, one stage per every guest series is fine. I'm guessing you're a major Sonic fan? :laugh:

Secondly, too many Pokemon. A lot of those Pokemon would possibly never appear as playable, but have great potential for bosses. About Megaman, he actually has the best chances for a new third party series due to his immense popularity that rivals that of Sonic's. Yes, he was made by Capcom, but keep one representative for each Third Party developer, any more is just not likely.

But Ironman? That is just not possible, I really don't think he originated as a video game character, and I don't think he has appeared very much on Nintendo consoles in well-selling games (there have been maybe one or two). Iron Man isn't going to happen, don't get your hopes up. And I've always thought that the Smash specific characters would be fun to play as, but really they don't seem to have a great chance, considering the current trend Sakurai has given these characters.

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
...no I didn't, I just said that he has done several surveys. Hyperbole right there. He may not have direct proof, but that's difficult to obtain when threads purge so quickly. And it's not like Chronobound/Snakey is some random guy off of the street who I trust for no reason whatsoever. I know him and he's proved that he's trustworthy before. More importantly, the things he's claimed are all common knowledge, like certain characters being popular. Claiming that his research on 2ch is invalid is like saying that Ridley and Black Shadow are unpopular: because, y'know, that's what he found out.
Oh, I'm not denying Ridley or Black Shadow (or pretty much any universally popular character). But when I see "Why Lip, Alvis, and Plusle & Minun will be in SSB4," I can't help but wonder what the hell he's thinking. I don't see any reason to trust him over anyone else who posts here with Shy Guys and Boos.

Also, it takes 5 seconds to copy a screen from 2ch by text or image. If all he intends to prove is the popularity of characters I already know to be popular, then I don't need to see it.

Where are you going with this? By this logic, the roster would be worse than Brawl's. Instead of getting unique, recognizable and popular characters from new series like Isaac, we would get obscure characters like the Duck Hunt dog. In fact, when you were arguing for the Duck Hunt dog, you were using deservingness yourself, saying that the dog is popular and recognizable: the definition of deservingness. You've been arguing that Duck Hunt "'deserves' a character for whatever reason over any other series that isnn't represented yet" (which is ridiculous, but that's a different argument.)
You must be confusing me with Arcadenik (probably the only one here who actually thinks the Duck Hunt dog has a chance). This is the only statement I've ever made on the dog:
- The Duck Hunt dog is alright, but considering all he did was pick up birds and laugh, I doubt it. Also Sakurai could care less about properly "representing" bundled games and peripherals.

Anyway I was explaining how you can pretty much take any character that has a moderate reception, give them a moveset (anyone can have a moveset), and say "they deserve to be in." That's what Snakey does, and excuse me for not buying that. Also for the record, I actually expect Isaac to be playable in Smash 4, possibly Andy as well.

So some characters have the same pros going for them, so he repeated them. Is that such a big deal? He says a lot more than that about Lip, saying that she reps Nintendo's biggest puzzler series, that Sakurai thinks that Panel de Pon is a masterpiece and many other valid reasons. Tell me why these do not make her stand out. And he did cut Krystal from his roster, so he clearly now agrees with your almighty opinion.
When I say he repeats himself, I mean he does this:
"Lip is very popular in Japan."
"Smash needs more females."
"Panel de Pon is a really good series that Sakurai likes."
"Lip has good moveset potential."
"Also, Lip is popular in Japan."
"It's pretty easy to make a moveset for Lip."
"Sakurai likes Panel de Pon, which is also a really good series."

If you don't have a problem with reading the same rearranged sentences over and over, good for you. As far as standing out goes, Sakurai likes a lot of things. Panel de Pon doesn't have anything unique to it that makes it stand out over the likes of Sin & Punishment, Golden Sun, Nintendo Wars, Stafy, etc., it's just another fish in the sea.

Umm... play some Pikmin? Olimar is shown in the manual of Pikmin to be half the height of a memory card, and he's constantly standing aside implements like batteries that dwarf him. Mario wouldn't stand over Olimar in the same way as in Smash if he was playable in Pikmin 3- he would be around twenty-five times his height, unless you mean just bigger, in which case Ridley can be made to be bigger than Samus. I'm lucky that I knew better than to take somebody's words at face value. Nobody's been swayed by your revelations that R1DL3Y 1Z 2 81G! either, and Chronobound never intended it to do anything but support his case.
First of all, I'm in favor of Ridley making it in, I've said it like 5 times already in the last two days. And I'm talking relative size. Olimar's proportions are correct in comparison to the other creatures in his games (Pikmin, Bulborbs). If they added Mario as a playable character in Pikmin (as in the same size he appears to be on Distant Planet), he and Olimar would have the same difference in height as they do in Smash. That's how the scaling thing works.

The people who oppose Ridley are complaining that changing the size ratio between him and Samus will somehow ruin him. I don't agree with that anymore than I'd agree that Ganon is ruined because Jigglypuff can destroy him in a non-canon game. Also, please show me where I said anything against Ridley making it in (aside from Sakurai potentially not liking how he turns out in the development phase).

So you aren't taking him seriously because his essays are too long? Wow.
Are you even paying attention to what I've said? I don't have a problem with long essays, my posts are pretty long too. I have a problem with repetition, verbosity, and inconclusive evidence. Snakey's posts are full of that. It's 95% fluff.

I'm defending him because I have respect for him. He's shown his intelligence many times over. I guess you're right that I shouldn't though, you're a lost cause.
For every good point I see him make, he tacks on three more crappy ones. I've been reading his essays since he started writing them, and I've seen no evidence that suggests he's as smart as you make him out to be. On that note, I'm having a hard time taking you seriously when you seem to be confusing me with someone else. You should cool down too, you sound pretty flustered.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Okay, I'll back off. There's no real point in this kind of debate. I indeed confused you with Arcadenik. Sorry. :ohwell:

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
But Iron Man? That is just not possible, I really don't think he originated as a video game character, and I don't think he has appeared very much on Nintendo consoles in well-selling games (there have been maybe one or two). Iron Man isn't going to happen, don't get your hopes up.
Iron Man first appeared in the comic book Tales of Suspense #39 in 1963. He is absolutely not a video game originating character.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
hmmm 1 good idea came from that cluster **** of over fan boy-ishness. emeral as an AT. copys your moves and uses agains you.

....anyway

choise i dont feal like quoting because im on wii internet. you said smash needs more girls? i well repeat what many have said. what douse having breasts have to do with a char geting in. if a char is good, potentail fighter and is popular then they should get in, not if they have a female reproductive organ.

...be glad thats the clean statement used for the little kiddos

majora_787

Smash Hero
.....Wow....still on debates like THAT?

You know, my epic roster of epicness is still on page 1276 I believe it is~

Imagine if we really got a roster with 300 characters like that. :laugh:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Bowser should vouch for Ridley.

Seriously, how come the past twenty+ pages are mostly "Ridley's size is a problem" or "Dixie's better than K.Rool"
Can we actually talk about the game ideas, not the eternal arguments?

What if Nintendo had a "download hub" that you could download textures for add-on alternate costumes. With the only restriction for uploading being obvious censorships. (You know what I mean)
Sad truth: Probably half the pages in this thread are about that. :laugh: As for your download idea, I like that but, as Sakurai said, stuff like this highly depends on whether or not Nintendo's next console has a decent hard drive.

How to be taken seriously in the SSB4 discussion thread:

1. Don't post lists.

2. If you have to post a list, do no more than 5 characters and provide a decent explanation for each choice.

3. Do not overly support one franchise. People are more willing to listen to you when it's obvious that you play around with more than just the most popular franchises.

4. Do not suggest comic book, anime, or cartoon characters.

5. Do not suggest original Smash characters like Master Hand or Tabuu.

6. Do not suggest multiple characters from the same third party. Chances are, representation will be reduced to one per third party.

7. Do not suggest controversial characters like Mewtwo or Ridley without a decent arguement.

These are the big points and I'll just leave it at that.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sad truth: Probably half the pages in this thread are about that. :laugh: As for your download idea, I like that but, as Sakurai said, stuff like this highly depends on whether or not Nintendo's next console has a decent hard drive.

1. Don't post lists.

2. If you have to post a list, do no more than 5 characters and provide a decent explanation for each choice.

3. Do not overly support one franchise. People are more willing to listen to you when it's obvious that you play around with more than just the most popular franchises.

6. Do not suggest multiple characters from the same third party. Chances are, representation will be reduced to one per third party.

7. Do not suggest controversial characters like Mewtwo or Ridley without a decent arguement.

I'm sorry, those are great rules, but nobody will follow 1, 3, 4, 6, or 7 indeffinatly.

I THINK I follow all of them except for seven though.....someone correct me if I'm wrong. :laugh:

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

1. Don't post lists.

That's a great list, unfortunately, not many people here will understand that. Bias and fanboyism is overtaking this thread, one of the reasons debates here are a bit difficult.

I REALLY wish that could be edited into the original post, but that probably won't happen for a while. Or it won't happen at all.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Fatmanonice, contact a mod to put that into the OP. :)

Then again, people will flock here to list their ideas without even checking to see if there are any guidelines...

WHY MUST WE ALL BE SO IGNORANT?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Fatmanonice, contact a mod to put that into the OP. :)

Then again, people will flock here to list their ideas without even checking to see if there are any guidelines...

WHY MUST WE ALL BE SO IGNORANT?
As amazingly advanced as teh human species is, I can't think of a logical explanation for your question. :( But I do really wish that list were in the original post...

And Clownbot, change avatars much? :laugh:

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Inorite? Just earlier I was being told about how much of an avi wh0re I was. :laugh:

I can't quite think of anything to make this post less spammy right now... :(

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Inorite? Just earlier I was being told about how much of an avi wh0re I was. :laugh:

I can't quite think of anything to make this post less spammy right now... :(
:laugh: *cough*aviwh0re*cough*

ANYWAAAAYYY... To keep THIS post from being incredibly spammy, I came up with a new game mode type thing that I wanted to share. I call it Titan Battles. It's kind of like Boss Battles I guess, but you don't FIGHT the bosses, you fight AS the bosses.

Let's say Titan Battles was a mode in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Here's how I would picture it working:

1.) You choose the "Vs. Mode" option from the main menu.

2.) In that menu, choose the Titan Battles mode.

3.) You come to a screen with eight slots, 2 rows of four and the two on each end are hidden slots.

4.) The four slots in the middle are the characters:
-Petey Piranha​
-Porky​
-Ridley​
-Galleom​

5.) The above characters are the starting Titan Roster, you can unlock four more.

6.) These four other Titans can only be unlocked with three methods, and of course, once the method (or at least two of the methods) is completed, you must fight them.

7.) Below, I will list the unlockable Titans and the methods for unlocking them:

RAYQUAZA
  • Complete Classic as all Pokemon character on any difficulty/stock.
  • Play 25 Titan Battle matches.
  • Encounter and defeat Rayquaza in the Subspace Emissary.

DUON
  • Complete/Play every mode in Multi-man Brawl, as well as complete every level of Target Smash!!.
  • Play 50 Titan Battle matches.
  • Encounter and defeat Duon in the Subspace Emissary.

META-RIDLEY
  • Complete Classic mode on every difficulty normal and up at least once with no continues.
  • Play 75 Titan Battle matches.
  • Encounter and defeat Meta-Ridley in the Subspace Emissary.

MASTER HAND
  • Complete Classic Mode as all characters at least once and play Titan Battles as every titan at least once.
  • Play 100 Titan Battle matches.
  • Complete the Subspace Emissary.

8.) Controlling them is a tough spot. Most likely, there would be no standard moves and the moves seen used by the bosses in the Subspace Emissary would be used as special moves, probably specified in some sort of in-game instruction guide.

9.) You have stamina like in the Adventure mode, not percentage damage. You can't be knocked off, and the generic gameplay would seem a bit strange right now, but I'm sure the developers/designers would figure a way to make it work.

10.) There are Titan Mode specific stages to fight on, I'll name the ones that would be in Brawl below:

• Smash Arena (Petey Piranha)
  • Ruined Zoo (Porky)
  • The Wild (Galleom)
  • Ruined Hall (Ridley)
  • Lakeside (Rayquaza)
  • Halberd Bridge (Duon)
  • Falcon Flyer (Meta Ridley)
  • Subspace (Master Hand)

Thats all I've got to say. I know this won't happen, but I just thought it was a cool idea. Obviously, it would be much different in SSB4. Don't complain about the generic gameplay, designers would figure that out better. And please, no Ridley arguments.

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
I think most of the assist trophies will be playable, for example, Saki Amamiya, Waluigi, Staafy, Tingle (I hope), Samurai Gorroh, Gray Fox, Knuckle Joe, Shadow, Jeff, ect.

However, some like Helrinrin(?), ANdross, Nintendog, Lakitu, and Hammer Bro(Maybe), ect. that are minor characters in their respective games will not be playable.

There will be new assist trophies added to take the places of assist trophies that "graduated" into playable characters along with along with other added AT's to make the total of AT's into a bigger number than the quantity in brawl.

And, some of the AT's in SSB4 will be playable in SSB5, and so on and so on if the game continues for that long.

But, If we're gonna talk about which characters we want, I want sukapon SO BADLY!

Pieman0920

Smash Master
About the Titan's thing, the major problem with it is the mobility of the bosses, in those tiny stages If the characters have the same amount of mobility as they do in Brawl, then it will just be each of them shooting attack after attack at each other until the last one falls.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I doubt too many of the Brawl ATs will be playable, Kakugyo.

I believe Sakurai's already thrown Sukapon in the trash bin of possible characters, unfortunately. :(

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
I think those AT's are the most reasonable choices and since sakurai has already laid them out, it's afe to assume they'll be playable.

Mmm, I dunno C: Have you ever played Joy mech fight? ANd I heard he was considered for ssb64

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I think those AT's are the most reasonable choices and since sakurai has already laid them out, it's afe to assume they'll be playable.

Mmm, I dunno C: Have you ever played Joy mech fight? ANd I heard he was considered for ssb64
I have to agree with Clownbot. While a few of the Assist Trophies have potential to be a playable character, we won't see many "graduatiing" Assist Trophies, like many of the ones you mentioned.

And I also agree with Clownbot on Sukapon. Sakurai already said he has an obscure body structure and wouldn't make a good fighter. And he was never considered for SSB64. He may have been a dandidate (on a list with many other), but he didn't make it too far, like as far as Mewtwo, Bowser, and King Dedede did.

Kakugyo

Smash Cadet
I want mewtwo in again.
I can't give that many reasons why
He's my favourite pokemon, unlocking him for the first time when I was a kid was just so great, I hated having a semi-legendary replace the back-then-best-pokemon-ever.

Sorry, spydr enzo, but you should be able to figure out shy he should be in.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I want mewtwo in again.
I can't give that many reasons why
He's my favourite character, unlocking him for the first time when I was a kid was just so great,
I want Mewtwo again as well, it felt awesome when I unlocked him. That was back when I wasn't very familiar with the internet and spoilers, so Mewtwo was completely unexpected, it was awesome. :(

But we have to face the facts... *puts up flame shield* Mewtwo isn't a very likely candidate for SSB4. There will be plenty more Pokemon possibilities in the future, and not many of those possibilities include Mewtwo.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
*sigh* Most of the Assist Trophies aren't likely to be playable in SSB4. The only Assist Trophies I think have the highest chances of becoming playable are:

Little Mac, Starfy, Tingle

Punch-Out!! and The Legendary Starfy seemed to be heavily marketed by Nintendo in North America. Tingle is getting a new game or two in Japan so Tingle must be pretty popular enough to warrant a sequel over there. Tingle is becoming a franchise with its own separate characters and storylines that have nothing to do with Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, and the Triforce.

I am doubtful about Saki Amamiya, Waluigi, and Samurai Goroh.

Saki is not even in Sin & Punishment 2 to my knowledge. Waluigi is a spin-off character and is not a major character in the Mario main games. I get the vibe that Samurai Goroh is popular only for the sake of having a second F-Zero character - which is not a good reason to add a character.

I am very confident that most of the rest won't be playable at all. Gray Fox and Shadow won't be playable if we have Snake and Sonic again (and even if they aren't playable again, those two won't get in anyway). Knuckle Joe is a generic enemy just like Lakitu and Hammer Bro. are. Jeff won't be playable if Ness is playable again. Why have two Mother 2 characters and one Mother 3 character playable?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
I want Mewtwo again as well, it felt awesome when I unlocked him. That was back when I wasn't very familiar with the internet and spoilers, so Mewtwo was completely unexpected, it was awesome. :(

But we have to face the facts... *puts up flame shield* Mewtwo isn't a very likely candidate for SSB4. There will be plenty more Pokemon possibilities in the future, and not many of those possibilities include Mewtwo.
HUZAH!!!!!

unlocking him= worst 20 hrs of my life.

hmm while on the subject of AT which 1s do you think welk be added

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
hmm while on the subject of AT which 1s do you think welk be added
Little Mac and Tingle are the only two that I really think are going to be playable. Others like Samurai Goroh, Isaac, Ray Mk III, Jeff, and Saki Amamiya have chances as well, although they aren't very high chances.

Neckbeard Torterra

Smash Journeyman
Masterbawlz!!

New item suggestions.
Masterballs. I mean.. EVERYONE will go apesh*t during online play just to grab one of these babies.
Seeing as how Dialga & Palkia are stage decore.. (Giratina soon joining them)
Arceus will be the only inhabitant of the ultra rare Masterball item. Most of them will be duds that'll give you a riceball instead
(a homage to old Pkmn fans)
Arceus will be using Judgement if summoned.
as seen here for the first 10 seconds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Wy3GssYs4
Seeing how you'll pretty much be bringing the apocalypse into battle.. Only 30% of the balls should be successful.
But it shouldn't stop there!
OMEGA ITEMS!
Items from the vidya that are deadlier than Smash balls and appear less often.
The Golden Hammer qualifies as one.

Mario Series- Golden Hammer
Zelda Series- The medallions from lttp
Donkey Kong- Animal/transport assistance (Riding a Rino etc)
Metroid- Power bombs/mines
Starfox- Gatling gun.
Kirby- Dragoon Parts
Pokemon- Masterballs
F-ZERO- ???
Fire Emblem- ???
Earthbound- ???

Zario777

Smash Apprentice
My 2 item ideas were:
Tylenol PM-puts people to sleep when thrown at (you have a 20% chance of eating it yourself)
High Voltage Box-Like Blast Box except electric attacks set it off and the electric explosion has double the hitstun, but less power than the Blast Box

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Spyder Enzo... that Titan Battles idea you had, its a pretty good idea. But don't you think it would be better if it had giant characters with full movesets but no percentages, just stamina bars like in Adventure Mode? Giant characters who may work as Smash fighters in the Titan Battles would be Ridley (duh), Petey Piranha, Ganon (the pig monster), Porky, Giga Bowser (permanent), Giant DK (a homage to the original SSB), Dialga and Palkia (maybe), and so on.

The only flaw about this idea is that some fans would whine about how Ridley should have been resized to be playable in regular Smash modes instead of being grateful for having a playable "too big" Ridley in the Titan Battles mode.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I seriously do not see any addition of Sega characters in Smash. It was already "Tabuu" enough that Sonic was put in it. The game would be much too loud with more than one, and I also mean "loud" literally, if you catch my drift. :mad:

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I seriously do not see any addition of Sega characters in Smash. It was already "Tabuu" enough that Sonic was put in it. The game would be much too loud with more than one, and I also mean "loud" literally, if you catch my drift. :mad:
Oh my god i c wut u did thar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom