• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
EDIT: wow, i let my friend post a simple question. i tell him where to go if he wants to know so bad. so he posts in whats possibly the furthest thing from it. ****in idiot.

sorry ^_^'

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
For the last time, THEY WERE NOT ANNOUNCING A SSB GAME, IT WAS JUST A JOKE!!!

And I have a great idea for a shock character, Goomba. Think about it, what would be more shocking than some random, meaningless scrub as a PC?!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Does anyone know where i can find brawl texture hack pack full of dbz character textures?
Try the offical texture thread on the Workshop main page.

@ starphoenix:

If goomba was made playable, I think I would literally try to saw off my arm with a toothbrush. I don't care if it took a week, I'd still try to do it.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Goomba shouldn't be on his own. If he was playable, I'd say it'd be a good idea to have him in a team with Koopa Troopa and a Shy Guy. I think there's a team of three just like that in the new Mario and Luigi game, though they aren't really standard versions of their race, and all are distinguishable. In a Smash game, I think they'd just take on a standard apperance.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Goomba shouldn't be on his own. If he was playable, I'd say it'd be a good idea to have him in a team with Koopa Troopa and a Shy Guy. I think there's a team of three just like that in the new Mario and Luigi game, though they aren't really standard versions of their race, and all are distinguishable. In a Smash game, I think they'd just take on a standard apperance.
I've heard another idea like this except with Kirby helpers. The idea was that to put Sir Kibble, Bonkers, and Knuckle Joe on a team. I don't remember how they were supposed to switch out though. Although I don't think Kirby needs any more reps, I kind of like this idea. Based on my own bias, I'd switch Knuckle Joe for Poppy Bros Jr though.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Paper Mario already has three games, I think if there is going to be a level it should be a story book. WIth three or four main pages and every minutes the page changed, kinda like Pokemon Stadium. The first page could be that beautiful star area in space found in the first one, or maybe the krystal kings palace and you can see the mushroom kingdom in the background, the second page would be rouge port from TTYD. I could see flipside or Count Blecks caste being the third page.

Gust14

Smash Apprentice
Hi to everyone, I'm new here. I don't really have the time to read all the posts of the forum so please excuss me if these topics have already been discused
I wanted to know what to you think about the posibilities of Waluigi, Blackmage and Megaman?
Also I think it would be fantastic if 3party characters that are iconic but not so popular or not enough complex (ex: Bomberman) would be included as Assist Trophies

On topic: I love the Paper Mario story book stage idea but I would include more active areas like Bowser's castle or X-Naut Fortress

justaway12

Smash Master
Hi to everyone, I'm new here. I don't really have the time to read all the posts of the forum so please excuss me if these topics have already been discused
I wanted to know what to you think about the posibilities of Waluigi, Blackmage and Megaman?
Also I think it would be fantastic if 3party characters that are iconic but not so popular or not enough complex (ex: Bomberman) would be included as Assist Trophies
I don't think Waluigi would appear as he wasn't that important in games and only ever appered in sports/kart games, I don't know who the Black mage is so please excuse my ignorance and I think Megaman has the best chance of appearing in the next game.

IDK about bomberman but I belive he definatly has a shot for assist trophy

Clownbot

Smash Lord
WALUIGI:
Ultimately, very low chances. He's only a filler for the spin-off games.

BLACK MAGE:
I could imagine a few Square reps getting in before him, but he has his chances.

MEGA MAN:
The next most likely 3rd Party, hands down. VERY good chances of getting in the next game.

3RD PARTY ASSIST TROPHIES:
f you're 3rd Party, and you get in as an AT without a character from your series being playable, it would make no sense whatsoever. I doubt it would happen.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I don't know who the Black mage is so please excuse my ignorance and I think Megaman has the best chance of appearing in the next game.
The best chance?
I think Birdo and Baby Bowser have as much or maybe even a greater chance of being in Smash 4.

justaway12

Smash Master
The best chance?
I think Birdo and Baby Bowser have as much or maybe even a greater chance of being in Smash 4.
Now what makes you say that? I think Bowser jr. has a better chance of appearing in the next game than Baby bowser and Birdo was hardly ever important, the only time I recall her being important was being a boss in SMB2 (she might be in more so correct me if i'm wrong). And I meant best 3rd party, I still think he has a good chance though. IMO

Tacel

Smash Lord
Then shame on me.
*holds back tears*

Anyway, I do think Megaman has a good chance, but not a best one. Sorry if I worded that wrong.
I think the 3rd party characters that have the best chance are Rayman or Megaman.
*waits for complaints*

Clownbot

Smash Lord
*complains*

But Rayman? Hell, I bet the Rabbids have a better chance than him right now. Even then, there are many more 3rd Party series who have deserving characters.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Megaman would own, his side B should swap powers to change his B, up B and down B moves and physics, that would be epic.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
TheAceLucario, I've seen multiple times on this thread where you've mentioned Baby Bowser. I assume you are talking about Bowser Jr., because at one point you mentioned "Baby Bowser/Shadow Mario". Just know that Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr. are different characters to avoid confusion.

Viewtiful Joe should be in it. Maybe Miis?

And Team Rockey aka Jessie, James and Meowth.
Viewtiful Joe isn't popular or significant enough to get his series represented with a character. His chances are zero...

And I may be wrong, so correct me and don't flame me, but I think Team Rocket is only for the Pokemon Anime, not the games. If this is the case, it would never happen, and the Pokemon Trainer would be named "Ash".

Tacel

Smash Lord
I usually call Bowser Jr. Baby Bowser.
I thought they were the same.
Sorry if that bothers you.
Anyway, I'm not sure, but I think Team Rocket has been in some Pokémon games, but not Jesse and James.

Lovely

Smash Lord
Anyway, I'm not sure, but I think team rocket has been in some Pokémon games, but not jesse and James.
♣ Of course, Team Rocket has been in Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal, and they will be in the remakes. I'll say Giovanni the leader of Team Rocket should be in the game, (trophy or boss wise), since he's in Pokemon as well. ♥

♣ Jesse and James is only in Yellow, but Yellow doesn't say their names. ♥

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I usually call Bowser Jr. Baby Bowser.
I thought they were the same.
Sorry if that bothers you.
Anyway, I'm not sure, but I think Team Rocket has been in some Pokémon games, but not Jesse and James.
:laugh: It's fine, it doesn't bother me. I just noticed it confused a few people here, thats all, and I wanted to point out they're different. Bowser Jr. is Bowser's son, and Baby Bowser is the infant version of Bowser (as seen in the Yoshi's Island games).

But anyway, about Team Rocket... If they are in Pokemon games or not, they don't have great chances. They're from older generations, and we need more New generation Pokemon. In Brawl, we have:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario

That's only one new generation Pokemon. In SSB4, assuming we will see at least one more Pokemon rep, there should be at least one more new generation, they should be done with first generation Pokemon.

Tacel

Smash Lord
Oh ok, that's good.
I just searched for Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr. in Mario Wiki.
I haven't played Yoshi's Island games so I didn't know that there was a difference.
Anyway, I think They should bring back Mewtwo, but still keep Lucario. Also they should add Team Rocket,
in my opinion.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I compiled three lists of the most likely representatives for Pokemon in SSB4. This is assuming that there ill be at least 5 representatives for the series, but if there were more, less characters would get a cut.

1.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario
-(Next-generation Pokemon)

2.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-(New-generation Pokemon Trainer)
-Lucario

3.)
-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer

So basically, the characters you can bet on seeing are Pikachu, Jigglypuff, and a Next-generation Pokemon. A new-generation Pokemon Trainer has pretty good chances, and Lucario and Pokemon Trainer each have a chance of being cut. And I didn't add Mewtwo because he is also from the first generation, there would be too many first-gen reps.

But, if there were more reps, then it would probably look like this:

-Pikachu
-Jigglypuff
-Pokemon Trainer
-Lucario

Think this is accurate?

Tacel

Smash Lord
Yeah, it makes sense, because there can't be that many first-gen reps. with a lack of new gen reps. (even though I'd be perfectly fine with that) and there can't be a lack of first-gen reps. with many new gen reps. It has to kind of be equal.

n88

Smash Lord
@ Spydr Enzo

No love for Mewtwo? I think he's got a decent chance of returning, mostly based on the fact that he's more popular than the Pokemon Series itself. Countless people who don't really like POkemon (including me) were upset at his removal.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
@ Spydr Enzo

No love for Mewtwo? I think he's got a decent chance of returning, mostly based on the fact that he's more popular than the Pokemon Series itself. Countless people who don't really like POkemon (including me) were upset at his removal.
Hey, I LOVE Mewtwo, and I'm not even a Pokemon Fan! He was my second Main in Melee, and I too was very disappointed at his removal. There just isn't much of a possibility...

The only reason you give as to why he has decent chances is that he's popular and people were disappointed at his removal. But seriously, it wasn't enough to totally bring down the series, in which case bringing back Mewtwo would be first priority. But it didn't, and Smash is still Smash even without Mewtwo. Mewtwo's removal won't stop angry fans from buying the next installment, which is all Sakurai (or whoever) really needs/wants.

Also, as I stated earlier, there would just be too many first gen Pokemon. It's time to move on with the Pokemon and stop adding/re-adding first gen Pokemon characters.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
I'm :( because none of Spydr's lists include Mewtwo or exclude Jiggypuff.

EDIT: Well, if we're trying to cut back on first-gen pokemon... *looks at latter part of my post*

n88

Smash Lord
Well said, but I and everybody I know still want Mewtwo back. He was so awesome that the game couldn't comprehend his awesomeness, and Sakurai had to nerf him. It may be time to move on, but Sakurai is clearly biased towards first generation, and I believe you support WWSD?

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
@ Spydr Enzo

ahahaha bias arnt we

mewtwo isnt any where as popular then its own franchise. if anybody its pikachu. and i beleive he isnt the most popular legendary plus hes a clone(lol give it a moment ) its time to move on even though mewtwo was kick ***. sry

n88

Smash Lord
Mewtwo is more popular than Pokemon, not Pikachu. Trust me. As I said, I know a lot of people who were really angry to see Mewtwo go that do not like/have a deep hatred for Pokemon.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Sorry, but in sundayseclipse's defense, it really does seem quite illogical. Besides, Pikachu IS more well-known than Pokemon as a whole. I haven't seen any Mewtwo floats at the Macy's Parade.

EDIT: Oh, just in case this post is misinterpreted, I DO think Mewtwo should get back into Smash.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Well said, but I and everybody I know still want Mewtwo back. He was so awesome that the game couldn't comprehend his awesomeness, and Sakurai had to nerf him. It may be time to move on, but Sakurai is clearly biased towards first generation, and I believe you support WWSD?
:laugh: Yes, this is a WWSD situation. And I agree, that was a bad move on Sakurai's part. He just didn't realize that Mewtwo would be more popular than Lucario and he wanted to include more new-generation Pokemon reps and keep them from getting too much representation at the same time.

And agreed with Clownbot and sundayseclipse, Mewtwo is pretty popular, but he's not THAT popular. Not quite popular enough to bring back to smash replacing a newer generation rep like Lucario.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
thanks

oh and if pikachu was removed many people would stop playing smash all together
Yeah, but luckily we don't have to worry about that. Pikachu has zero chance of being cut... Another thing we can be sure of is Jigglypuff's return (sorry Clownbot... :laugh:). It may not be that popular nymore, but it WAS, and I know I'm going to get hated for saying this, but it's one of the "Original 12". Sakurai would keep Jigglypuff in the game for nostalgic worth, and if he wanted to cut it, he would have done it already in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom