• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Kamek---------------------YOSHI'S ISLAND
Baby Mario----------------YOSHI'S ISLAND
Baby Mario & Baby Luigi---YOSHI's ISLAND
Baby Bowser---------------YOSHI'S ISLAND
Birdo---------------------YOSHI'S ISLAND
Majora 787, you've made a mistake up there that, for some incredibly annoying reason, everyone else here on the forum makes.

BIRDO IS NOT a YOSHI'S ISLAND Representative. She never even APPEARED in a Yoshi's Island game. She first appeared in Super Mario Bros. 2, before Yoshi even existed. She didn't appear again until Mario Tennis and has only appeared in spinoff games so far.

The only reason people seem to associate the two is because of Mario Spinoff games. The two are always paired together for some reason, like in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, but thats only because they have no one else better to be paired with.

And some people think that her being paired with Yoshi in Spinoffs is a good reason for her to be a Yoshi's Island character. It's not. She actually appeared in an actual role in a Mario Bros. game, and never in a Yoshi's Island game, so she would never be a Yoshi's Island rep.

So if you don't mind, can you please move Birdo to Mario Bros.?

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Oh, whoops.

Sorry if it's any inconvinience, but for retro reps, could you add Mach Rider, Mike Jones, and... Bubbles from Clu Clu Land?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
King Hippo wouldn't be good. If he were to be knocked down, he woudn't be able to get up. And while I'd love to see SMM, he's not really the number two guy. Heck, with POwii, I'd say Sandman would be likely given his position in that game.

But I digress, while Mac is a shoe-in in my mind, a second character is out of the question.

majora_787

Smash Hero
1. I'll add them all. Star Tropics under Retro correct?

2. Sorry, I put Birdo there because I had gotten it from someone who suggested them as a Yoshi rep.

3. I'm going to place the link to that list and its current total in my sig tonight, so you guys will be able to PM me suggestions and see how the list is going.

Even if it is SSB4 related as it gets... XD

EDIT: On a side note, I'm uncreatively calling this "lottery" project "The Epic Roster Project".

EDIT2: The post is now linked to from my sig. Any of you may send me a PM including the characters, categories, and series they come from. Also, I have made the post more direct-friendly.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
=D add
dig dug
louie
AND THE EGGPLANT WIZARD(JK)
vatti
skull kid/madjorah kid
oh
louie personality is match to luigi
olimars personality is based on mario so there(google it)

design
louie-taller, blue strobe,and lastly different face charaastics

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
What do you guys think about event matches for SSB4?

In my opinon, the ones in Brawl kind of sucked. They weren't as creative as the ones in Melee. Either that, or they were TOO creative resulting in them being completely obscure and unorthodox. Plus, the difficulty levels kind of ruined the fun, they can be beat way too fast, where in Melee, I always enjoyed going to the last few Event Matches that I never beat and trying them over and over again, eventually winning. It was more fun then.

I hope SSB4 takes the Melee approach with event matches, Brawl kind of ruined them IMO.

majora_787

Smash Hero

In my opinon, the ones in Brawl kind of sucked. They weren't as creative as the ones in Melee. Either that, or they were TOO creative resulting in them being completely obscure and unorthodox. Plus, the difficulty levels kind of ruined the fun, they can be beat way too fast, where in Melee, I always enjoyed going to the last few Event Matches that I never beat and trying them over and over again, eventually winning. It was more fun then.

I hope SSB4 takes the Melee approach with event matches, Brawl kind of ruined them IMO.
I liked the Brawl event matches.....kinda. I liked the TEAMWORK option. The events were all kinda easy, and they were mostly just all-star fights.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I heard a few people suggest this before, and I didn't quote, I think it was about several hundred threads back, but there should be an option for Ganondorf to switch between his sword fighting style and his fist fighting style with a few improvements, but make it so Ganondorf counts as only one character. That way, some people would be satisfied with his decloning, while people who mained him in Melee and Brawl can stay happy.

UberMario

Smash Master
I'm suprised there are so many character lists, yet no one wants to list movesets.

And Clownbot, it's OK I forgive you.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm suprised there are so many character lists, yet no one wants to list movesets.

And Clownbot, it's OK I forgive you.
I don't have the kind of patience required to sew together 180 movesets for 180 fighters. 0_0 That'd have to be a group effort.

UberMario

Smash Master
I don't have the kind of patience required to sew together 180 movesets for 180 fighters. 0_0 That'd have to be a group effort.
Hey, I've got movesets for all characters on my roster I'll post it if you want.

By the way, I wasn't refering to just you, everyone seems to be doing it.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Triple Trouble Kings
  • Choose your character against Bowser, King Dedede, and King K. Rool. All three opponents are easy to KO, though.

The Showdown, Again
  • Can you take on Nintendo's Big 3's villains? Bowser, Ganondorf, and Mewtwo return.

The Final Showdown
  • It's just you against Sonic, Snake, and Megaman. They each have one stock, but are as tough as Cruel level CPUs.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
And there should be an Event Match in Smash 4 where you play as every playable character against every playable character. And it would have to be Co-Op and Multi-Man style, but both the opponents and the players go done as easily as they do in Normal Battle. And there would be no time limit. And each team will have only one of each fighter, but the fighters on the players' team can be put in any order and the fighters on the computers' team would be put in a random order.

UberMario

Smash Master
And there should be an Event Match in Smash 4 where you play as every playable character against every playable character. And it would have to be Co-Op and Multi-Man style, but both the opponents and the players go done as easily as they do in Normal Battle. And there would be no time limit. And each team will have only one of each fighter, but the fighters on the players' team can be put in any order and the fighters on the computers' team would be put in a random order.
I hope you will be able to save, I don't have 10 hours to battle every character as every character in a row.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I hope you will be able to save, I don't have 10 hours to battle every character as every character in a row.
It'd be more like 72 hours with my EPIC ROSTER. Imagine THAT all-star match. :laugh: It'd have to unlock EVERYTHING in the game to be worth it.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
That is not what I meant. Here's an example: Player 1 is Mario and Player 2 is Pikachu, and Wario is next to battle the computer team. If Mario is K.O.ed, then Wario takes Mario's place. It would be like from Brawl. So basically, if a player's current fighter is defeated, then the player will play as another character who has yet to battle. Was I clear enough?

UberMario

Smash Master
That is not what I meant. Here's an example: Player 1 is Mario and Player 2 is Pikachu, and Wario is next to battle the computer team. If Mario is K.O.ed, then Wario takes Mario's place. It would be like from Brawl. So basically, if a player's current fighter is defeated, then the player will play as another character who has yet to battle. Was I clear enough?
Oh, I get it. Although a really good player wouldn't end using all the characters then.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Perfectly clear. But again, with my EPIC ROSTER, that match would take forever...Unless it's like the alloy KOability. I mean, who can fight through 183 full-weight characters in one fight and keep their sanity?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
While Mario's English is a bit weird there, I think I get what he's saying. (Basically, specialized stock, where you pick say three characters to use, and each character is substituted for the next once a stock is lost)

The idea is sound in theory, but it'd probably used in a special-brawl type mode, instead of the standard one. Of course I wonder if it'd change competetive games, or if people would rather just sticking to one character.

EDIT: Wait, did he mean that type of system in All-Star type of mode? That's not realistic. If you have that many lives, it takes the challenge out of it.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Okay, here's some new stuff for my Event Match idea: the ability to save and three to five different difficulty settings.

Also, the players' team is required to use every character on the roster in case their current ones get defeated. If there are 50 playable characters (not counting transformations), then each team gets one of each fighter to duke it out.

And how is my English wierd?

majora_787

Smash Hero
That happened to me once, but all it did was mess up the times on my custom stages. The first five have times like

JULY 98 2009, 259 : -163

......259 hours and negative 163 minutes? Obviously a glitch.

UberMario

Smash Master
When I was playing Brawl one time, I got a message saying that something is corrupt, but when I restarted it, I didn't get the message since and that my game was still working fine. Anybody know what's up?
Do you keep your Wii on standby or shut it off after use?

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
I shut it off after use, but one time, I didn't press the power button hard enough and I thought I turned the wii off, but turns out I didn't.

And about my Event Match idea, the stage it takes place on would be random, even if it wasn't unlocked.

UberMario

Smash Master
I shut it off after use, but one time, I didn't press the power button hard enough and I thought I turned the wii off, but turns out I didn't.

And about my Event Match idea, the stage it takes place on would be random, even if it wasn't unlocked.
Unfortunetly unlike melee, Brawl doesn't tell you when it saves. However, I'm glad that if
you press the power button on the Wii it waits til after it finishes saving to turn off.

That EM would cause massive spoilers and, considering they'll probably make the CPU even
smarter, some stage choices could prove fatal.

Is it just me or has this become a three-man forum topic?

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
I think the Showdown should return but NOT against Mario and the Third Party characters, that was kind of stupid in my opinion. You fight against Giga Bowser, Ganondorf, and King Dedede. Then, after you killed them, Ridley, Mewtwo, and K. Rool would appear, if they happened to return.

Mario the Jumpman's All-Star kind of battle thing seems pretty cool, and I assume you're saying that you choose every character in a certain order and you fight through every character in the game, and when you die as one character the next one you chose apears until all are dead. Is that what you're saying?

Maybe you should only be able to choose up to five or six characters, otherwise it would be too easy. And you fight each character in random order but on their respectable stage.

Unfortunetly unlike melee, Brawl doesn't tell you when it saves. However, I'm glad that if
you press the power button on the Wii it waits til after it finishes saving to turn off.

That EM would cause massive spoilers and, considering they'll probably make the CPU even
smarter, some stage choices could prove fatal.

Is it just me or has this become a three-man forum topic?
Make that four. :)

And don't worry, I'm sure other people will notice and catch on...

majora_787

Smash Hero
It waits until you finish saving? Wow, someone's WII didn't get the memo~

Anyway... Yeah, the doctored event matches sound like fun.

It's like a pokemon battle, only with Smash Bros.! ...Sad thing is, it really is.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why is it a bad thing for my EM idea to be like Pokemon, but with SSB?

And would you like to make an edited version of my EM idea?
Well, I dunno. But it's funny, that would be the second pokemon-style thing done in Smash Bros. It's only a bad thing if you're sick of pokemon. :laugh:

And no, the only edit I think I could make is each character having a brawl against five of their big roster rivals...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Well, I was hoping we wouldn't get more than one trainer playable, but it'd be kind of like when they cut Young Link for Toon Link, just switcharooed a bit-- they have the same name (PT) but are fairly different in terms of attacks.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
yah but you know fanboys well get mad for cutting the origonal starters
"I don't know the key to success but I definately know the key to failure: trying to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

That's my thought if they genuinely want to cut certain characters like Jigglypuff. You can't make everyone happy but it is possible to make a lot of people happy just the same because, no matter how good you do things, you're always going to rub at least one person the wrong way.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
About getting a second Trainer, the only one I would want is Silver, and for him to use ones that aren't Johto starters (giving both Trainers starter Pokemon and their evolutions is just plain stale, only one Trainer should be given all starters and their evolutions).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I kind of like the idea of a rival trainer with a mix of three pokemon belonging to the rivals of three of the generations. He could look like Blue/Gary and have gardevoir, arcanine, and sneasel or something like that. It's not really an idea I fully support but it's an idea I'd like to throw out there just for the sake of conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom