• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
About getting a second Trainer, the only one I would want is Silver, and for him to use ones that aren't Johto starters (giving both Trainers starter Pokemon and their evolutions is just plain stale, only one Trainer should be given all starters and their evolutions).
I said in my earlier post that this trainer wouldn't be in addition to the one we already have, but rather take his place.

What's really stale is having two pokemon trainers; not only that, but that's six Pokemon reps, in addition to Pikachu, a new generation rep, and *sigh* Jigglypuff, who, as much as I hate to say it, are almost definetely getting in.

So that's... nine pokemon reps in all.

Not exactly very balanced.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Comments in red
I said in my earlier post that this trainer wouldn't be in addition to the one we already have, but rather take his place.
I disagree with you there. We can have two pokemon trainers, protagonist and antagonist.
What's really stale is having two pokemon trainers; not only that, but that's six Pokemon reps, in addition to Pikachu, a new generation rep, and *sigh* Jigglypuff, who, as much as I hate to say it, are almost definetely getting in.

A Pokemon Trainer without starters is not stale.

Hey, pokemon is a popular series and is still going strong
I kind of like the idea of a rival trainer with a mix of three pokemon belonging to the rivals of three of the generations. He could look like Blue/Gary and have gardevoir, arcanine, and sneasel or something like that. It's not really an idea I fully support but it's an idea I'd like to throw out there just for the sake of conversation.
Ill support it. As for the pokemon, what about Gardevoir, Arcanine, Sizor? Three gens represented there.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace

I agree, not very balanced. No matter what though, Pokemon, along with Mario and the Legend of Zelda series, will always get the maximum amount of characters that Sakurai will allow. After all, they're Nintendo's main money-makers.

The max in Brawl was four, so I'm guessing that the maximum in the next game will be five (note that I don't count transformations). Sure its pretty low, but as a lot of us have learned from Brawl, you can't expect to much from Sakurai. So if there were five Pokemon reps, then they would most likely be these:

PIKACHU
JIGGLYPUFF
POKEMON TRAINER
LUCARIO
(NEXT-GENERATION POKEMON)

Pikachu is kind of obvious, Jigglypuff will most likely stay, to many people's dismay, and the Next Generation Pokemon is kind of obvious too. But, Sakurai may want to add a next gen Trainer, and the original Pokemon Trainer will be scrapped to allow room. But this seems unlikely, the originals are usually favored. And Lucario, he will be cut if Sakurai stays with 4 reps max.

Those are my opinions...

Clownbot

Smash Lord
That was a pretty good list, Enzo. If I could present my case, here's how I'd imagine the Pokemon portion of SSB4's roster:

PIKACHU
Okay, this is a given. Pikachu's popular, represents the series well, and he's a classic.

JIGGLYPUFF
There's a small chance of her getting cut, but as much as I'd like her to be, she'll probably stay.

POKEMON TRAINER
Be it with the same pokemon or different ones, Pokemon Trainer represents the series well, and is a classic Nintendo character.

LATEST GENERATION POKEMON
Once again, a given. The latest generation has always been repped (probably for advertisement), so a latest-generation pokemon would probably get in.

UHHHH...
Yeah... It'll be Lucario or Mewtwo, probably. Maybe a sort of "WTF?" addition to the Pokemon portion of the roster is possible as well. And then there's the possibility that there won't be any Pokemon reps past the previous four.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
That was a pretty good list, Enzo. If I could present my case, here's how I'd imagine the Pokemon portion of SSB4's roster:

PIKACHU
Okay, this is a given. Pikachu's popular, represents the series well, and he's a classic.

JIGGLYPUFF
There's a small chance of her getting cut, but as much as I'd like her to be, she'll probably stay.

POKEMON TRAINER
Be it with the same pokemon or different ones, Pokemon Trainer represents the series well, and is a classic Nintendo character.

LATEST GENERATION POKEMON
Once again, a given. The latest generation has always been repped (probably for advertisement), so a latest-generation pokemon would probably get in.

UHHHH...
Yeah... It'll be Lucario or Mewtwo, probably. Maybe a sort of "WTF?" addition to the Pokemon portion of the roster is possible as well.
I agree completely... except for the "WTF?" I'm pretty sure it will be either Lucario or Mewtwo, but you never know who.

And although a new Pokemon Trainer would be nice, I think Sakurai will want to stick with the original, everyone loves originals, not everyone may like a more up-to-date PKMN Trainer. But I'm not saying its not possible that we see a new Pokemon Trainer...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Remember in Brawl, Lucario had higher priority than Jiggs. While I do think that there will at least be 5 fighters max per series, I'd also think that if it was four, Jiggs may get the axe for the generation spread. (Also means Lucario is certainly going to stay, in favor of Mewtwo.)

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
Remember in Brawl, Lucario had higher priority than Jiggs. While I do think that there will at least be 5 fighters max per series, I'd also think that if it was four, Jiggs may get the axe for the generation spread. (Also means Lucario is certainly going to stay, in favor of Mewtwo.)
100% agree =D
except 5 fighters, not a big update of characters. 6 ya

Scott!

Smash Lord
Poor Jiggs isn't getting a lot of love. I for one hope she stays. She's very unique, and fun, and anyway, who else will be my victim of choice when I need stress relief? Knockback on 2.0, 20 stock, me as Ike vs 3 lvl 1 Jigglypuffs = no stress.

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
Poor Jiggs isn't getting a lot of love. I for one hope she stays. She's very unique, and fun, and anyway, who else will be my victim of choice when I need stress relief? Knockback on 2.0, 20 stock, me as Ike vs 3 lvl 1 Jigglypuffs = no stress.
id say wigglytuff or another puff-balled new gen poke could replace jiggs(i leik jiggs tho its an idea)

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
...1 good move rollout.
2, is an annoying punch
3. she falls asleep(can do terifying damage if your enemy is standing still
4. she sings. dousn do crap
my idea
sakurai: pack your bags jiggs
jiggilypuff:wah?
sakurai: GTFO

yah even her japan populaity has depleted.

hmm no stress. called therapy dude. if anything replace jigs with punching bag

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Poor Jiggs isn't getting a lot of love.
I blame the people who don't like the first gen Pokmeon that well since we have so many in Brawl. But I'm mostly thinking that the Pokemon Trainer will have new Pokmeon instead of the same ones on the new Smash.

kiwibar

Smash Rookie
I have an list of characters I'd like to have in SSB4:

Super Mario:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

The legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Tingle
Vaati

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Daroach

Star Fox:
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Pigma (needs more villains, and many people like Pigma)

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Miciah

Earthbound/Mother:
Ness
Lucas
Porky (in an machine that makes him Heavy Weight)

Pokémon:
Pikachu
Pachirisu
Deoxys
Riolu
Michael (Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)

Metroid:
Samus
Dark Samus
Trace
Rundas

Pikmin:
Olimar
Louie

Yoshi's island:
Yoshi
Birdo (laid under Yoshi's island to give place for Bowser Jr.)

Wario Ware:
Wario
9-Volt
Shake King

Other Franchises:
Takamaru
DeMille
Animal Crosser
Sukapon
Zack & Wiki
R.O.B
Captain Rainbow
De Blob
Isaac
Ray 01
Lip
Toku
Diskun
Chibi-Robo (Enlarged, like they enlarged Olimar for Brawl)
Pit (original Design)
Eggplant Wizard
Little Mac
King Hippo

What do you think?

majora_787

Smash Hero

Super Mario:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

The legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Tingle
Vaati

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Daroach

Star Fox:
Fox
Wolf
Falco

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Miciah

Earthbound/Mother:
Ness
Lucas

Pokémon:
Pikachu
Pachirisu
Deoxys
Riolu

Metroid:
Samus
Dark Samus
Trace
Rundas

Pikmin:
Olimar
Louie

Yoshi's island:
Yoshi

Wario Ware:
Wario
9-Volt
Shake King

Other Franchises:
Takamaru
DeMille
Animal Crosser
Sukapon
Zack & Wiki
R.O.B
Captain Rainbow
De Blob
Isaac
Ray 01
Lip
Toku
Diskun
Pit (original Design)
Eggplant Wizard
Little Mac
King Hippo

What do you think?
I see interesting choices. Unlikely ones, some, but interesting ones. =P All are heading straight to the ERP.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
I excluded Wolf because I think Krystal would be the better choice. She's highly requested (Even in Japan if the poll is any indication) and would be able to easily have a much more unique moveset. Anyway, ideally, I would also include alternate characters, they're like clones, but they're not. Here are some I have in mind.

Dr. Mario - Mario
Mr. L - Luigi
Daisy and Rosalina - Peach
Dry Bones Bowser - Bowser
Funkey Kong - Donkey Kong
Dixie Kong - Diddy Kong
Baron K. Rool - K. Rool
Meta-Ridley - Ridley
Young Link - Toon Link
Wolf - Fox (Better than nothing)
Ninten, Ana, and Paula - Ness
Claus and Kumatora - Lucas
Roy - Marth
Pichu - Pikachu
True, but he's a villain and I'm sure you know the hero,sidekick,villain pattern. (pokémon excluded).
Also Ray Mk is more likely than Sukapon sadly.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace

Super Mario:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.

The legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Tingle
Vaati

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Daroach

Star Fox:
Fox
Wolf
Falco

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Miciah

Earthbound/Mother:
Ness
Lucas

Pokémon:
Pikachu
Pachirisu
Deoxys
Riolu

Metroid:
Samus
Dark Samus
Trace
Rundas

Pikmin:
Olimar
Louie

Yoshi's island:
Yoshi

Wario Ware:
Wario
9-Volt
Shake King

Other Franchises:
Takamaru
DeMille
Animal Crosser
Sukapon
Zack & Wiki
R.O.B
Captain Rainbow
De Blob
Isaac
Ray 01
Lip
Toku
Diskun
Pit (original Design)
Eggplant Wizard
Little Mac
King Hippo

What do you think?
Super Mario series is looking good, assuming Bowser Jr. can transform into Shadow Mario.

Legend of Zelda is looking good too, assuming that Zelda can transform into Sheik.

Who's Daroach?

I don't think Pigma is that popular, try Krystal. The other three SF reps are good to go.

DK series seems good, and so does K. Rool, although the series probably only needs one or two reps unless it gets more love, sorry.

F-Zero is good with its reps listed, but is it deserving of three reps?

As much as I like more female reps, Marth and Ike are probably the only two FE reps needed.

Earthbound is good, especially Porky.

For Pokemon, we don't need Pachirisu, and Riolu isn't needed either. And Deoxys is okay taking Lucario's place. Pikachu and Michael are okay there.

You forgot to add Ridley, unless you think he's too big.

And you do know Birdo is of the Mario series, do you? It's fine if you wanted to give the Mario series room by placing Birdo into the Yoshi category, kinda...

Pit and Little Mac are good, except, what's wrong with Pit's current design?

I think you forgot to add third-party characters, if you wanted any.

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
Comments in red

Super Mario:
Mario
Peach
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario

The legend of Zelda:
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf
Tingle
Vaati

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Daroach - No. 1. too many kirby reps. 2. Only in one game 3. The game would be too old then

Star Fox:
Fox
Wolf
Falco
Pigma- No. 1. Krystal first. 2. Too many reps 3. Leon would be better 4. Panther is cooler.

Donkey Kong:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Miciah

Earthbound/Mother:
Ness
Lucas

Pokémon:
Pikachu
Pachirisu
Deoxys
Riolu

No, 2 random pokemon reps from 4th generation?! Getting rid of Pokemon Pikachu trainer for Michael! Making Deoxys a PC! Deoxys has nothing on Mewtwo. I think his chances for a PC appearace in smash is gone because he is Deoxys pokeball now.

Metroid:
Samus/ZSS
Dark Samus
Trace
Rundas

No Ridley?

Pikmin:
Olimar
Louie

Yoshi's island:
Yoshi

Wario Ware:
Wario
9-Volt
Shake King

Other Franchises:
Takamaru
DeMille
Animal Crosser
Sukapon
Zack & Wiki
R.O.B
Captain Rainbow
De Blob
Isaac
Ray 01
Lip
Toku (who is this?)
Diskun
Pit (original Design)
Eggplant Wizard
Little Mac
King Hippo

What do you think?

UberMario

Smash Master
It waits until you finish saving? Wow, someone's WII didn't get the memo~
One time I had clicked the power button while it was saving a custom stage, and it waited two seconds for the "finished saving" message to pop up then shut off. Or maybe I just got lucky.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
True, but he's a villain and I'm sure you know the hero,sidekick,villain pattern. (pokémon excluded).
Also Ray Mk is more likely than Sukapon sadly.
Don't give me that pattern thing. That's only a theory, just like the four reps limit, too many first gen Pokemon, and one third party per company.

To be honest, I forgot RAY MK.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Yeah, that pattern is lazy and uncreative!

And the Mario series should have seven reps, because Mario is the Mickey Mouse of Nintendo and video games.

The Mario series reps (not counting the DK, Yoshi, and Wario series) should be this:

Mario, Luigi, Peach (with a rework of her Side Special animation), Bowser, Bowser Jr., Bowser Jr.'s Shadow Mario transformation, and Paper Mario (maybe...)

Oh, and Wolf is sometimes Fox's friend.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yeah, that pattern is lazy and uncreative!

And the Mario series should have seven reps, because Mario is the Mickey Mouse of Nintendo.

The Mario series reps (not counting the DK, Yoshi, and Wario series) should be this:

Mario, Luigi, Peach (with a rework of her Side Special animation), Bowser, Bowser Jr., Bowser Jr.'s Shadow Mario transformation, and Paper Mario (maybe...)
Or maybe they should ditch subspace, make a cutscene-free adventure, and focus on giving the "Big 4" 10 reps each (Mario,Zelda,Kirby,Pokemon).

I think they spent way too much time on the SSE and could have used it for something else. I mean, what do you spend more time on 1-P Adventure or Battles?
Nearly everyone says the latter.

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
SPECULATIONS ON THE MAX REP SIZE THEORY

Big four? Last time I checked it was the Big Three (Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon). Kirby may be Sakurai's pride and joy, but he knows fully well that Kirby isn't quite up in the big leagues yet (he's close, but not up there with the other three).

This is evident in the fact that each of these three series always had the max amount of reps (expect for Melee, where Mario had an "extra" fifth.). But nevertheless, in Melee, Kirby still had one while Pokemon and Legend of Zelda had four, and Mario had five. In Brawl, Kirby finally got three while the Big Three all got max reps (4).

Also, other issues regarding MAX REP SIZE... I think SSB4 will cap max rep size at five. Think about it; In Melee, it seemed to be four (unless you look at Mario, which seems to have an extra fifth, as some people see it. In Brawl, it remained four (or if you count Melee as five because of the extra fifth, it was reduced to four). And we know from Brawl that you can't expect too much from Sakurai, so in SSB4, the max rep size may be increased by 1. There is also a possibilty that Mario will get an extra sixth, but it still seems unlikely.

Wouldn't it be great if unlocking stages has an alternate method that involves playing V.S. matches like with characters?
And I would like this as well. Having to play as a certain characetr 20 times to ulock a stage is kind of stupid in Brawl, like Donkey Kong 20x to unlock 75m.

In melee, every 50 vs. matches you played up until the 200th, you unlocked a new stage. I hope SSB4 is more like that as well. I also hope that SSB4 is more organized when it comes to stages. The stage select screen looked so much cooler and neater in Melee, each series (except for retro and Fire Emblem) had 2 stages right next to eachother, and the Mario series had four. Brawl was messed up with Mario 5, Legend of Zelda/Metroid/Donkey Kong/Pokemon 2, and everything else one. Plus, they were kind of all over the place on the select screen. Melee's system was so much better...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
SPECULATIONS ON THE MAX REP SIZE THEORY

Big four? Last time I checked it was the Big Three (Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon). Kirby may be Sakurai's pride and joy, but he knows fully well that Kirby isn't quite up in the big leagues yet (he's close, but not up there with the other three).

This is evident in the fact that each of these three series always had the max amount of reps (expect for Melee, where Mario had an "extra" fifth.). But nevertheless, in Melee, Kirby still had one while Pokemon and Legend of Zelda had four, and Mario had five. In Brawl, Kirby finally got three while the Big Three all got max reps (4).

Also, other issues regarding MAX REP SIZE... I think SSB4 will cap max rep size at five. Think about it; In Melee, it seemed to be four (unless you look at Mario, which seems to have an extra fifth, as some people see it. In Brawl, it remained four (or if you count Melee as five because of the extra fifth, it was reduced to four). And we know from Brawl that you can't expect too much from Sakurai, so in SSB4, the max rep size may be increased by 1. There is also a possibilty that Mario will get an extra sixth, but it still seems unlikely.
Technically, we do have a big four: Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, and Metroid. Metroid's not quite there yet, but it's the only other series aside from the big three to ever be part of a show stealer.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I really hate the Shadow Mario transformation idea. I don't know why but it just seems to uninspired, but that's mostly because concept in of itself is bad. Thus I'd much prefer a Bowser Jr completely devoid of SM, which is perfectly possible, as he has enough moves. (He was only really in two games anyways, while Bowser Jr. is more distinguished from him)

And of course while the same thing could be said for Sheik, Sheik isn't a pallate swap of a pre-existing character. :p

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Does Shadow Mario even attacks in Mario Sunshine? I thought he runs around and spreads graffiti all over the place, I don't call that attacking, lol. But besides that, Shadow Mario soul purpose was to be like Mario in a way so Mario could get arrested, but it didn't work and so ends Shadow Mario's soul purpose in the game. =P

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Shadow Mario may not have been in many games, but he should still be a Bowser Jr. transformation. And about the thing about SM being a Mario pallette swap, guess what: go to Google Video and type in "SSB4 Possibilities: Bowser Jr." and you'll see how good a moveset both Bowser Jr. and Shadow Mario could have. Shadow Mario has the possibility of not being a clone, same for Bowser Jr.

Are we going to start a Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario arguement?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
I'm not saying that Shadow Mario woudn't be capable of having a different moveset, but that still woudn't change him from still being a pallate swap of Mario. And as Viper said, SM didn't even actually fight Mario in any form. There's really no point to him other than just making another transformation character. (And from the current trend, it seems that if you're a new type of transformation character, you need to have a different gimick to transform)

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Any thoughts for how Bowser Jr. transforms into Shadow Mario and vice versa?

Edit: Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario transforms by pressing the down taunt button three with a break of up to ten secconds between taunts. And you can still move after taunting, but not whilt transforming.

Edit #2: And Sheik should stay, Pieman0920.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
"- 95.5% of Japanese people (gamers and non-gamers) ages 16-49 are aware of the Dragon Quest brand

"Surprised to see no mention of that law that's been around since Dragon Quest III that makes it illegal for a Dragon Quest game to be released on a weekday due to mass absenteeism." -PsychoDuck - Gonintendo.com

Need I say more in regards to Dragon Quests popularity.

Also, tell me what you think of this fictional Snake Codec I created for Slime

Start codec

Snake: Disgusting, Colonel there is a big, smiling blob of goo bouncing around the stage.
Colonel: That's Slime Snake.
Snake: Yes I know it is, i'm looking right at it.
Colonel: No, his name is Slime. Slime is the mascot of the popular Dragon Quest. He has been a common enemy in every game, and has even made a name for himself in several spin off games. He is a guest to [name of Smash 4], just like yourself.
Snake: He's too... Jiggly... I don't like him. Besides whats the worst he can do. Gooze me to death?
Colonel: Careful Snake, Slime has a large array of ramming attack, due to his gelatinous body he can perform several morphing attacks, he even has magical abilities!
Snake: Fascinating...
Colonel: Be especially careful of his attack, Frizzle. One wrong step and your toast.
Snake: Well if I am going to be toast, he can be the jam.
Colonel: Haha, very funny Snake [sarcasm]
Snake: I try

End Transmission

What do you think?

Lovely

Smash Lord
Also, this moveset does a nice job of showing how Shadow Mario would NOT be a clone of Mario.
♣ That was the best Shadow Mario moveset I've ever seen, it's so well thought out and long, and long, and long, and very long. O_o ♥

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Knyaguy, that moveset that your link sent me to seems great, but there's so much text on it, so I didn't read everything. I'm sorry, but I'm sure it could be great.

Also, could someone please give me a moveset idea for Krystal. Thank you. Though I don't think I would be given one after that comment I made about the length of the moveset from Knayguy's link.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I always wondered about Dragon Quest... Well not always, but when SSB4 started up. The Snake codec sounds kinda....un-snake-ish. To me.

Ignore this. Several posts came up while I was typing.

But Krystal? Why are we on Krystal now?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I think that they're right: Bowser Jr. Shouldn't turn into Shadow Mario....

...Shadow Mario should turn into Bowser Jr. :bee:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Also, could someone please give me a moveset idea for Krystal. Thank you. Though I don't think I would be given one after that comment I made about the length of the moveset from Knayguy's link.
I had this in mind ever since I played Starfox Adventures years ago. Unfortunately, some of the names escape me.

B: Ice Blast
Similar to Bowser and Charizard's Fire Breath. However, it can go up and down while holding the B button, but it lasts only half as long as Fire Breath.

Side B: Fire Blast
Krystal fires out a ball of fire from her staff. This is similar to Din's Fire, but it can only go straight and is a little more powerful as a result. Unfortunately, this has startup lag and recoil.

Up B: Rocket Boost
Krystal's staff pulls her straight up into the air. The attack can damage and can launch an opponent into the air at the beginning.

Down B: Earthquake
Krystal does a small leap and lunges her staff into the ground creating an earthquake with the diameter of three Krystals. The attack can damage as Krystal rises during her leap.

As for Dragon Quest, I'm still iffy regarding it being put in over Final Fantasy. Sure, Dragon Quest may be more popular than Final Fantasy in Japan (by how much I don't know), but Super Smash Bros. is released internationally and the combined fanbase for Final Fantasy is much bigger than Dragon Quest's.

majora_787

Smash Hero
As for Dragon Quest, I'm still iffy regarding it being put in over Final Fantasy. Sure, Dragon Quest may be more popular than Final Fantasy in Japan (by how much I don't know), but Super Smash Bros. is released internationally and the combined fanbase for Final Fantasy is much bigger than Dragon Quest's.
Good point. However, you should probably lean a bit more towards Dragon Quest. It's Japan we're talking about. Their fanbases can TOTALLY come first and/or only in their games.

Mario the Jumpman

Smash Ace
Thanks for the moveset, KumaOso.

And about FF and DQ characters appearing in SSB4, I'm not sure if I would want characters from either series as playable Smash 4 characters, probably because most of their games have frustrating gameplay. A combination of random battles, brutal difficulty, out-of-date gameplay styles, and cliche story line is bad in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom