• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah, he would be a fun character, but he only really had a chance in Melee after Majora's Mask. Still, he would be a cool SSE boss or Assist Trophy.
I made a Skull Kid moveset in MYM3. I was told it was CLOSE to being in the top 50, but it was forgotten and eventually fell away from the radar. I guess that makes me feel somewhat good at it.

Anyway, on the topic of Smash Bros. I don't know why it would be hard to make Ridley playable, I mean they made him perfect for nothing more than a 3 second fragment of Melee's opening.

He's not as rediculous as super saiyans, sephiroth, and sex. Not even close. I don't know how you made that connection without getting shot through the head.

Okay, end the argument there. I don't want to get into that right now, because I came here with a brilliant idea:

Doctor Salvador vs. Pyramid Head in SSB4? :laugh:

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
He's not as rediculous as super saiyans, sephiroth, and sex. Not even close. I don't know how you made that connection without getting shot through the head.
Yeah, really. Ridley is not ridiculous at all and if you think that Ridley is too big then my opinion is better then yours and so HA. :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
acully i think he douse
with the contrivorsity of not enogh villian or females. legend of zelda has lots of villians and skull kid has a more likly chance then vatti
Not EXACTLY...while he would be awesome, Skull Kid was only evil in one game. Even if he was a boss in TP, he was purely neutral. Like...uh...geeze. I dunno. No examples that I know of.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
acully i think he douse
with the contrivorsity of not enogh villian or females. legend of zelda has lots of villians and skull kid has a more likly chance then vatti
AAH MY EYES LACK OF GRAMMAR

And while there are certain females like Lip that deserve a spot, and plenty of villians like King K. Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo and Black Shadow who deserve a spot, we bring them in because they deserve the spot, not because they are evil/have boobs. Vaati is in my opinion more likely than Skull Kid since he's been more important in more recent games.

sundayseclipse

Smash Journeyman
vatti is in only one game that i know of and skull kid has been in 3 . hes probably just gona be an assist trophy but afterwards his fan base well get better(sorta how sonic gat in) so im thinking he might not get in teh next one but the one after that if the ssb legacy even last that long

*looks down upon sakurai*

btw insane guy pichu should be a character skin for pikachu so angry fans wont get mad becuz hes a clone same with dr. mario

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
vatti is in only one game that i know of and skull kid has been in 3 . hes probably just gona be an assist trophy but afterwards his fan base well get better(sorta how sonic gat in) so im thinking he might not get in teh next one but the one after that if the ssb legacy even last that long

*looks down upon sakurai*

btw insane guy pichu should be a character skin for pikachu so angry fans wont get mad becuz hes a clone same with dr. mario
Vaati has been in three games as a main antagonist- Minish Cap, Four Swords, Four Swords Adventures. The Skull Kid was a minor character in two games- Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess- and the main antagonist of Majora's Mask. Which one is more important? I don't support Vaati, but he comes before the Skull Kid. And please use grammar and capitalization.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
While it could be argued that Jigglypuff no longer deserves a spot, she's staying for being O12.[/SPOILER]
I, personally, IMO, don't care much for the Original Twelve rule. It wouldn't even be an issue had Ness been dropped for Lucas/the Mother 3 protagonist in Melee like Sakurai wanted. That would have debunked the O12 rule right then and there. At the risk of pissing other people off, I favor the exclusion of Jigglypuff.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
The four swords advanture thing wasnt very big. I hated the wifi on the GBA.
Just because you didn't like FSA doesn't mean that it isn't popular. Can you please get off of the Skull Kid thing?

I, personally, IMO, don't care much for the Original Twelve rule. It wouldn't even be an issue had Ness been dropped for Lucas/the Mother 3 protagonist in Melee like Sakurai wanted. That would have debunked the O12 rule right then and there. At the risk of pissing other people off, I favor the exclusion of Jigglypuff.
But clearly Sakurai and most fans do want O12. They aren't leaving.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
He wasn't apart of Nintendo when he did Brawl, so...maybe.

Sakurai wanting O12 isn't clear. Its not like he's specifically said the O12 are forever set in stone.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Don't worry, it won't happen. Jigglypuff is like, the second most popular in Japan.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Phew! This took some hours, but I think I've done well, even without all of that fancy stuff some people have on their selection screens. ^^"

I know most people think 50 slots is the cap, however, I thought 55 would add more interesting choices, without being all too obvious!
Well, to be honest, I just made it 55 so it looks neater, actually.

A few notes:
- Kamek represents the Yoshi series.
- Captain Syrup represents the Wario series.
- Dr. Mario represents his own series (not Mario series).
- I didn't know where else to put Stafy but where he is. :(
- Mewtwo will take "5th Gen" or Lucario's spot, should there be no 5th Generation until SSB4 or Lucario get kicked.
- Samurai Goroh is interchangeable with Black Shadow, I just had to make a choice.
- Roy is in there merely for the fact that there's the rumor that his game is going to be remade. Should it not be remade, the lord of the new Fire Emblem games will take his place. Should it be remade and until SSB4 comes out come a new Fire Emblem, Ike may get the boot and Roy keeps his place, but New Lord takes Ike's spot.
- Little Mac is interchangeable with Sukapon.
- Lip is interchangeable with Barbara the Bat.
- Should Snake (due to being dead in his own series) get the boot, an Advance Wars character would take his place with the same moveset, or the new protagonist of the Metal Gear series, should it be on a Nintendo system.

Click on the pics to make them bigger.

If I had to cut 5 characters to make it 50, I'd boot:
Dr. Mario, Little Mac/Sukapon, Captain Syrup, Kamek and Ray MK III.

The roster would look like that, then:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Unown is more a kind of a pun, because we don't know whether there will be a 5th Generation or how its character would look like, so it's Unknown. ;P

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Glad to see I'm not the only person who supports Captain Syrup and Kamek.

I have no real complaints with that roster, though as a nitpick, I'd rather have Dr.Mario be an alt costume for Mario. ;P

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nice roster. My only change would be to swap out Wolf for Krystal, but lets see how their popularity is the next time the game comes around. So, I may change my mind by then.

I still think Dr. Mario is a bad choice and he should be an alt. However, I'm fine with Paper Mario.
I'm also not that big on Kamek. I guess those two could be swapped out for possibly Saki and a new character that hasn't been revealed yet.

Still, I'm happy that you included Captain Syrup and Tom Nook.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Okay, my comments:
Mario Series: You've pulled it off very well here. Bowser Jr. is an important character who really deserves a spot (and he probably did in Brawl too). I don't know if you categorized Paper Mario as Mario series or not, but you win the giant steel key of topic ownership
although C.Olimar788 already owns the thread from putting Paper Mario in his roster...
However, I am very iffy on Dr. Mario, seeing as he isn't as important now; you were right in your second roster to cut him. Good job here.

Donkey Kong Series: Not much to say here. King K. Rool is a lock and you put him in as you should have.

Wario Series: Hmm, Captain Syrup? I guess that Wario Land needs some representation. Still, she would be cut like in your second roster if a more important character comes along or the roster is limited to fifty.

Yoshi Series: Meh, I'm not so sure about another rep for the Yoshi series since it isn't as popular of a series as some others. Still, Kamek is the best choice for another Yoshi series rep, and he would be cut like in your second roster in the same situations as Captain Syrup.

Zelda Series: Tingle is the coolest, manliest, strongest, greatest character in gaming out there. Just saying. Tingle is pretty much a lock, and you recognized that unlike some other people. Little nitpick: Tingle should have his own series because of Rosy Rupeeland. The symbol could easily be a rupee.

Metroid Series: Like with Donkey Kong, nothing really to say since Ridley is an absolute lock. Although I would like ZSS to be cut, but that's unlikely.

Kirby Series: Simple again. Kirby series is repped perfectly already.

Star Fox Series: Three cheers for lack of Krystal! Perfect here.

F-Zero Series: I think Black Shadow is a bit more likely then Samurai Goroh, but I honestly would prefer Goroh for not being a generic evil dark clone. Good here.

Pokemon Series: Looking good here.

...Okay, I'm too lazy to say anything else, but this looks like an awesome roster.

Mythic02

Smash Journeyman
Wow, awesome roster Spadefox. Is it becoming a contest to see who gets the best looking roster? It's seems they are getting put up in pictures a lot more often now!

I have to say Vaati over Tingle, even though i know it won't happen. Also, Mewtwo over lucario. Not saying it to start a fight, i just won't give up on hoping for a buffed mewtwo.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
And now, some suggested Assist Trophies.

Super Mario Bros.
Rosalina
Prof. E. Gadd

Legend of Zelda
Midna
Zant
Skull Kid

Pokémon
N/A

Kirby
Rick, Coo, Kine, Gooey...

Donkey Kong
Krusher

Metroid
Trace
Ridley
Kraid

Star Fox
Slippy

Yoshi
Pak E. Derm

Earthbound
Duster

F-Zero
Jody Summer

Fire Emblem
Micaiah

Ice Climber
Topi

Game & Watch
Chef

Wario
Ashley

Kid Icarus
Eggplant Wizard

Pikmin
Louie

R.O.B.
Professor Hector

Metal Gear
Raiden

Sonic the Hedgehog
Tails

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Looks like a good list, except for making Ridley an assist trophy instead of a playable character.

Yes, I realize I took the bait.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Ridley and Kraid are the 8-bit sprite versions of the Assist Trophies. If you want, you'll have playable Ridley, and miniature NES Ridley as an AT.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Any good ideas thrown around as of late? Truth be told, I'm haven't really thought about Smash 4 in the past couple of months; I'm still satisfied with Brawl and I'm becoming increasingly interested in the new developments with Brawl+. It's kind of cool of what people are able to do now because, when Smash 4 runs around, I wouldn't be surprized if people had the knowledge to program new characters in altogether as opposed to just textures/ALTs/skins.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Phew! This took some hours, but I think I've done well, even without all of that fancy stuff some people have on their selection screens. ^^"

I know most people think 50 slots is the cap, however, I thought 55 would add more interesting choices, without being all too obvious!
Well, to be honest, I just made it 55 so it looks neater, actually.

A few notes:
- Kamek represents the Yoshi series.
- Captain Syrup represents the Wario series.
- Dr. Mario represents his own series (not Mario series).
- I didn't know where else to put Stafy but where he is. :(
- Mewtwo will take "5th Gen" or Lucario's spot, should there be no 5th Generation until SSB4 or Lucario get kicked.
- Samurai Goroh is interchangeable with Black Shadow, I just had to make a choice.
- Roy is in there merely for the fact that there's the rumor that his game is going to be remade. Should it not be remade, the lord of the new Fire Emblem games will take his place. Should it be remade and until SSB4 comes out come a new Fire Emblem, Ike may get the boot and Roy keeps his place, but New Lord takes Ike's spot.
- Little Mac is interchangeable with Sukapon.
- Lip is interchangeable with Barbara the Bat.
- Should Snake (due to being dead in his own series) get the boot, an Advance Wars character would take his place with the same moveset, or the new protagonist of the Metal Gear series, should it be on a Nintendo system.

Click on the pics to make them bigger.

If I had to cut 5 characters to make it 50, I'd boot:
Dr. Mario, Little Mac/Sukapon, Captain Syrup, Kamek and Ray MK III.

The roster would look like that, then:
It has tom nook, my mains, stafy, tingle, well Im say that is a darn good roster

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if the next Smash game will start production sooner rather than later? I mean there was a seven year gap between Melee and Brawl, yet only a couple of years separated the first two games. Sakurai told ONM UK that there were loads of ideas (and characters) he wanted to include in Brawl, so depending on how bothered he is about making his ideal SSB we might just hear something within a couple of years. Could we even see a second Wii Smash Brothers? Depends on the console's lifespan, I suppose.

I'm not unhappy with Brawl or anything, but it would be a shame if we had another huge gap between releases, and the hype and build-up to a Smash Brothers game is always rather fun. :chuckle:

~Zack~

Smash Journeyman
I hope they drop pit, i doubt tingle or unknown would make it, lol.
I'd love to see bass from megaman make it to the roster :p or maybe as an assist trophy.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The only real chance for Bass is as an Assist Trophy if Mega Man gets in. Even then, there are plenty of other characters (Zero, Proto Man, and heck, even Roll) who could take that spot as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom