• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Thank you for believing so too.
Viewtiful Joe first came from the cube. So a nintendo/ out source wouldn't be a problem.

Oh and instead of his Smash Power being just mach speed, change it to "Slow Zoom Red Hot One Hundred". (Strongest move in the game) pose and everything.

oh and fyi, A red hot kick could beat CF kick any day.
-t2
As much as I want Viewtiful Joe, or Sexy Sylvia, to be in the game, I wouldn't count on it unless he gets really high demand.

What is the Slow Zoom Red Hot One Hundred? I've only played the first two Viewtiful Joes and the DS game.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
As much as I want Viewtiful Joe, or Sexy Sylvia, to be in the game, I wouldn't count on it unless he gets really high demand.

What is the Slow Zoom Red Hot One Hundred? I've only played the first two Viewtiful Joes and the DS game.
Its from the first one
"The most powerful attack in the game, the "Slow Zoom Red Hot One Hundred" (SlowZ-RHOH), is done by enabling Slow, Zooming, and then punching your enemy.", via wikipedia.

Yea, at the looks of it, megaman is the most demanded.
But still, Viewtiful Joe, would be amazing. If there was ever a wii viewtiful joe before SSB4. Then....mabey.
-t2

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Didn't the VJ team break up? How could we have Viewtiful Joe on Wii, if so? :"|
The Team for the first VJ did break up, but a second VJ was still made without Hideki Kamiya as the director. The most resent nintendo VJ was on the DS, by Clover Studio. Some other company, or Clover Studio could pick Viewtiful Joe from where it started and continue it to the Wii.
-t2

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
The Team for the first VJ did break up, but a second VJ was still made without Hideki Kamiya as the director. The most resent nintendo VJ was on the DS, by Clover Studio. Some other company, or Clover Studio could pick Viewtiful Joe from where it started and continue it to the Wii.
-t2
Sadly Clover Studio is no longer in action, that's why Okami for the Wii was ported by some other developer....Ready at Dawn or something like that...but yeah, Viewtiful Joe IS totally awesome...and we need us a Wii version >_>...

EDIT: Oh and uh...K. Rool for SSB4 and Travis Touchdown too, No More Heroes 2 should be out by then....at least I hope so XD

old king coal

Smash Journeyman
Banjo kazooie for smash. PLEASE HAVE BANJO IN SSB4 AS A 3rd PARTY CHARACTER. He would have a perfect moveset, heaps of stages and we all know that the music from banjo games are the BEST. banjo themes > mario themes

PLEASE SAKURAI IF YOU ARE READING THIS THEN PUT HIM IN THE NEW SMASH!!!!
zomfg that would be the best

WING-X

Smash Cadet
The character that I wanted badly in SSBB was Megaman when I heard he didn't make it I felt sad. I hope he makes it in SSB4 if it's maid.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Joe didn't up in the next Smash, we could always hope for his inclusion in Tatsunoko vs Capcom. ;"}
The problem with that is that we'll never get to play it due to liscencing issues.

Cecilia K.

Smash Apprentice
God, the fanboys will rise again if this game is ever made.

OMG I WANT MEGAMAN IN OMG I WANT GENO IN

HURHURHURHURHURIHAVEANIQOF50BECAUSEISOUNDLIKEABROKENTAPEPLAYER

majora_787

Smash Hero
...Why is it I always come to this thread to see everyone naming every third party character that is still made by a company and asking for them to be in brawl? We'll be lucky to get ONE third party, if sonic and snake are left in. It will most likely be Megaman, Bomberman, or Rayman, with popularity and number of games on nintendo consoles both put into check.

fly666monkey

Smash Cadet
Simon Belmont

Sephiroth

Hakafu Sonsaku

Grim Reaper (TS2)

In roster now.

Also: add DL content and scripting For the stage builder

Cecilia K.

Smash Apprentice
...Why is it I always come to this thread to see everyone naming every third party character that is still made by a company and asking for them to be in brawl? We'll be lucky to get ONE third party, if sonic and snake are left in. It will most likely be Megaman, Bomberman, or Rayman, with popularity and number of games on nintendo consoles both put into check.
Because people are ignorant and/or stupid.

Sakurai said none of those third parties ever wanted their characters in Brawl.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes, let's add two giant birds to the roster. Yknow what? WHY DON'T WE JUST ADD EVERY CHARACTER IN EVERY GAME!!! Then people can be happy with that!! God, some of these character requests make no SENSE!!! FIRST PARTY is good! Right now, THIRD PARTY is BAD!! Do I need to spell it out for you guys??

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
I demand Funky Kong and Dry Bowser in the next Smash game! After all, EVERYONE wanted them in Mario Kart Wii!
/sarcasm

And I want a swarm of Shy Guys as an assist trophy with the final one tripping into an opponent causing massive knockback.

And...I think that Saki, Lyn and Isaac should move up to playable character status too, maybe Waluigi as well.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
That would be hillarious, but as much as I love Pokemon...no.

However, Deoxys would be very cool.
Hilarious but no, but Deoxys would definetly be cool especially with it's differnt transformationss

And...I think that Saki, Lyn and Isaac should move up to playable character status too, maybe Waluigi as well.
well Lyn should definetly be playble, not to sure about Issac or Saki though, but I will mention one thing, NO Waluigi!!! because c'mon i've said this numerous times, he's mostly been in sports game and not enough action ones unlike Wario

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Because people are ignorant and/or stupid.

Sakurai said none of those third parties ever wanted their characters in Brawl.
At the same time, Sakurai never called them. The creator of Megaman was waiting for a call from Sakurai so he could approve of Megaman being in Brawl. Obviously that didn't happen. The problem that happened was that no one was communicating. The only possible exception would be Geno as the lost music tracks suggest.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
well Lyn should definetly be playble, not to sure about Issac or Saki though, but I will mention one thing, NO Waluigi!!! because c'mon i've said this numerous times, he's mostly been in sports game and not enough action ones unlike Wario
I just love both Sin and Punishment and Golden Sun so that's why I said they should be playable...and...I'll be honest...I feel bad for Waluigi...Nintendo's ALWAYS giving him the shaft and putting him in sports and party games when they could've given him his own GBA or DS game to give him some more character. The thing that's always seemed sad to me is that, people always complain that Waluigi's not been a major villian in a Mario game, but if he was, there'd be even MORE fans complaining that he was taking the spotlight away from Bowser or a more deserving villian.

So basically...we need Super Luigi Sunset to come out and have Waluigi as the final boss.

fly666monkey

Smash Cadet
Although many of you may disagree, I find it very likely that we will be seeing more third party characters in future smash bros. games. (Heck, maybe some else's first party characters!) The reason is so simple: any game with Smash Bros. in the title is gonna be huge. Nintendo Knows it. Sony and Microsoft know it. Everyone Knows it. With Brawl's massive success, don't be alarmed to see other companies clamoring at Nintendo's doorstep. This will inevitably mean more third party characters, but cool ones like Scorpion, Simon Belmont, Cloud, Kratos, Master Chief, and Dante. (As well as lame ones like Naruto, Raiden (MGS2), and Gex the Gecko (ugh).)

Personally, I feel that any company who doesn't take advantage of this are morons.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
and...I'll be honest...I feel bad for Waluigi...Nintendo's ALWAYS giving him the shaft and putting him in sports and party games when they could've given him his own GBA or DS game to give him some more character. The thing that's always seemed sad to me is that, people always complain that Waluigi's not been a major villian in a Mario game, but if he was, there'd be even MORE fans complaining that he was taking the spotlight away from Bowser or a more deserving villian.

So basically...we need Super Luigi Sunset to come out and have Waluigi as the final boss.
even if this were to happen, I don't believe Waluigi would actually steal Bowser or Wario's spotlight, but I guess his fanbase would really comeout on spotlight if he were to have his own game or be like you said a "Final Boss" in a new Luigi game

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
Waluigi is in the sports game just for the sake of being in it. Nintendo's been trying to give Luigi more spotlight recently...his own game, his own princess, his own rival, I guess its time for him to emerge from his brother's shadow...

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
I just love both Sin and Punishment and Golden Sun so that's why I said they should be playable...and...I'll be honest...I feel bad for Waluigi...Nintendo's ALWAYS giving him the shaft and putting him in sports and party games when they could've given him his own GBA or DS game to give him some more character. The thing that's always seemed sad to me is that, people always complain that Waluigi's not been a major villian in a Mario game, but if he was, there'd be even MORE fans complaining that he was taking the spotlight away from Bowser or a more deserving villian.

Waluigi was created as a filler character, a partner for Wario in Mario Tennis (doubles). His role has been to be an antagonist for Luigi, a rival. I don't see him being taken seriously in future Mario games, as it is his destiny is to be a filler character in the Mario franchise.

Zema

Smash Journeyman
This was a thread I made long ago but was locked because of how early I had these ideas.
Anyways, here you go, guys!

MY IDEAS:

Roster: 60 characters.

MARIO SERIES

1: Mario - FS: Brawl FS
2: Luigi - FS: Brawl FS (Kickass FS IMO)
3: Peach - FS: Bombs (SMRPG Reference)
4: Bowser - FS: Brawl FS
5: Wario - FS: Brawl FS
6: Yoshi - FS: Brawl FS

POKEMON SERIES

7: Pikachu - FS: Brawl FS
8: Lucario - FS: Brawl FS
9: Deoxys/All forms - FS: All of his forms appear and rain down upon the enemies
10: Mewtwo - FS: ???
11: Pokemon Trainer FS: - Brawl FS
(No Jigglypuff, HOORAY! (to me))

ZELDA SERIES

12: Link/Young Link (He could use the Ocarina Of Time?) - FS: Fierce Deity Link
13: Zelda/Shiek - FS: Brawl FS
14: Toon Link - FS: Brawl FS
15: Ganondorf With Sword (Massive Win) - FS: Brawl FS
16: Midna - FS: ???

METROID SERIES

17: Samus/ZSSamus - FS: Brawl FS
18: Dark Samus - FS: ???
19: Ridley - FS: Meta Ridley
20: Sylux - FS: Triangular Bombs
21: ???

STARFOX SERIES

22: Fox - FS: Brawl FS
23: Falco (Not as a clone) - FS: Arwing
24: Wolf (Not as a clone) - FS: ???
25: Slippy - FS: ???
26: Krystal - FS: ???

KIRBY SERIES

27: Kirby - FS: Brawl FS
28: King DeDeDe - FS: Brawl FS
29: Metaknight - FS: Brawl FS
30: Knuckle Joe - FS: ???
31: ???

DONKEY KONG SERIES

32: Donkey Kong - FS: Brawl FS but longer and stronger
33: Diddy Kong - FS: Brawl FS
34: King K. Rool - FS: ???
35: Dixie Kong - FS: ???
36: ???

FIRE EMBLEM SERIES

37: Roy - FS: ???
38: Marth - FS: Brawl FS
39: Ike - FS: Brawl FS
40: Lyn - FS: ???
41: Micaiah - FS: ???

MOTHER SERIES

42: Claus - FS: ???
43: Ness - FS: Brawl FS (but be a bit different)
44: Lucas - FS: Brawl FS (cause its awesome)
45: Jeff - FS: ???

3D PARTY/OTHER

46: G&W - FS: Brawl FS (A bit faster, though)
47: Sonic (Shadow costume for you picky people) - FS: Brawl FS
48: Geno - FS: Geno Flash (He'd better be in the fourth installation Nintendo...)
49: Isaac - FS: ???
50: Megaman - FS: ???
51: Mallow - FS: Shocker
52: R.O.B. - FS: Brawl FS
53: Ice Climbers - FS: Brawl FS
54: Pit - FS: Brawl FS
55: Snake - FS: Brawl FS
56: Pikimin & Olimar - FS: Brawl FS
57: Captain Falcon - FS: Brawl FS
58: Tom Nook - FS: ???
59: Bomberman??? - FS: ???

SSB4 CHARACTER:

60: ??? - FS: ??? (This would actually make huge sense, new characters could be made during the creation of this installment)

MUSIC I WOULD LIKE:
Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Culex Battle
Goodbye Geno
Fight Against an Armed Boss
The Road is Paved With Dangers
Arceus Battle
Ballad Of The Windfish
MGS Main Theme

STAGES I WOULD LIKE:
Forest Maze
Culex's Showdown (Culex and his crystals could be in the background and occasionally do some things)
Star Road/Star Hill
Battlefield 2
Flatzone 1
Spear Pillar 2 (Arceus area, here appear Darkrai, Phione & Manaphy, Shaymin, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina and Arceus)

ITEMS I WOULD LIKE:
Tanookie Suit
Ice Flower
1Up Mushroom
Slow 'Shroom

MODES I WOULD LIKE:
Music Composition
Music Remix/DJ
Race to the finish (selectable just like break the targets, race with your friends!)

THINGS I WOULD LIKE IMPROVED:
More stage backgrounds and objects + themes.
Being able to grab onto sloped edges on created stages.
360 Degree Rotateable pieces in Stage Creation.
Downloadable Characters.
Better Online Service/No Friend Codes.
Chatroom with bad word sensor/mute options.
8-PLAYER COMPATABILITY!!!!!

AND ENOUGH OF THE GENO HATING GOD****IT! He's an amazing character and deserves 2 spots! Go play SMRPG before assuming bull****, then you will understand! I used to hate Megaman before I played one of his games.

I wish Geno will come in SSB4 with a God Tier moveset that will make all you dumba**es swallow your words.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

I dont think Starfox deserves 5 reps, and in any case, I'd see Leon making it before Krystal or Slippy, given that Leon is Wolf's Falco. (Besides, who doesnt hate Slippy?)

Also, I see Funky Kong making it over Dixie, as they obviously favor him over her lately, or they'd have out her in Mario Kart Wii instead. (And Funky is much easier to design a plausible moveset for than Dixie.) K. Rool however, is a must, as he is one of the last necessary villains.

I still dont see Geno being in at all, and I feel it's completely illogical to believe that someone as obscure as him would make it, as cool an idea as it is.

DekuBoy

Smash Lord
You're forgetting something. If he's considered a Mario character there are plenty more deserving ones.
Don't get me wrong, I love Geno but he's not important to the series.

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
My wish list:

Ike gets Marth's moveset

Marth goes

Black Knight gets most of Ike's moves

Micaiah's playable

more Final Smash originality

fix events

a few more 3rd parties and a few more playable Sonic characters (Knuckles and Shadow)

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
^^

I dont think Starfox deserves 5 reps, and in any case, I'd see Leon making it before Krystal or Slippy, given that Leon is Wolf's Falco. (Besides, who doesnt hate Slippy?)

Also, I see Funky Kong making it over Dixie, as they obviously favor him over her lately, or they'd have out her in Mario Kart Wii instead. (And Funky is much easier to design a plausible moveset for than Dixie.) K. Rool however, is a must, as he is one of the last necessary villains.

I still dont see Geno being in at all, and I feel it's completely illogical to believe that someone as obscure as him would make it, as cool an idea as it is.

I'd have to agree. Even though Geno is a fan-favorite and I wouldn't mind him making it in, Bowser Jr. , Paper Mario, and the Baby Mario Bros. have a way better chance of making it in over him.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
@ DARKALONDITE

Lol that wishlist is full of failure.

Why would Ike be replaced by the Black Knight who is nothing but Ike's rival?

Why would Marth, who was the first ever FE lord leave? That is an epic failure there.

Micaiah would be great. I haven't had the opportunity to play Radiant Dawn yet but I think she could have one hell of a moveset just seeing the light magic in previous games. And with Flare (magic users Occult scroll skill in PoR) as a Final Smash. Sweet. Hell, she could even change to Sothe as her Down B, seeing as they are
married.

More Sonic characters would be fail. All of them would be really straight forward with the exception of Silver and a couple other psyscics who aren't even important. Hell Knuckles would probably turn out as being like Knuckle Joe with Charizard's Rock Smash.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
How many people are more concerned about the game mechanics, fighting system and character balance than the actual roster? Seems to me that people are looking for fan service rather than an improvement to the core gameplay and competitiveness.

Honestly, I would love a Smash game with a new fighting system and a balanced roster of about 25-30 or so. If the game is good enough, I can forgive the lack of characters.

Spire

III
BRoomer
How many people are more concerned about the game mechanics, fighting system and character balance than the actual roster? Seems to me that people are looking for fan service rather than an improvement to the core gameplay and competitiveness.

Honestly, I would love a Smash game with a new fighting system and a balanced roster of about 25-30 or so. If the game is good enough, I can forgive the lack of characters.
I'm completely for character balance - both in the roster's formation and in mechanics. Characters are completely about their mechanics and how balanced their mechanics are in synchronization with every other character. It's not about "Oooo, let's add Shadow and Tails and Knuckles and Mega Man and Geno and Naruto and Goku, and etc, etc, etc." That's how you kill a game. The reason why Mewtwo, Toon Zelda, Plusle & Minun, Dixie Kong, Roy, and Dr. Mario were cut from the game is because the roster would have been unbalanced. Two psychic Pokemon, two chimps, two Zelda's AND Link's one of which is normal, one toon, two electric mouse Pokemon, three similar FE sword users, and three Mario-type characters. That's just unbalanced all over the place.

Also, anyone who puts Captain Falcon under "party/other" are idiots.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'd have to agree. Even though Geno is a fan-favorite and I wouldn't mind him making it in, Bowser Jr. , Paper Mario, and the Baby Mario Bros. have a way better chance of making it in over him.
I think Toad and Bowser Jr. are really the only Mario characters that have a good chance of making it in, I could be wrong though. Sakurai puts characters like Pit, Ice Climbers and ROB in the game, so I wouldn't be so suprised if he did something else like Geno just because he felt like it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I think Toad and Bowser Jr. are really the only Mario characters that have a good chance of making it in, I could be wrong though. Sakurai puts characters like Pit, Ice Climbers and ROB in the game, so I wouldn't be so suprised if he did something else like Geno just because he felt like it.
Bowser Jr., I see as a possibility. Toad... Not so much. He's already one of Peach's attacks, and really, what would Toad do? Really, I don't have any particular objection to him being in, except for... What would he do??

I say Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, The Baby Mario Bros., and probably even Waluigi would probably get a spot as a playable character before Toad.

As for Geno... I really don't think that's gonna happen.

Pubik Vengeance

Smash Journeyman
Bowser Jr., I see as a possibility. Toad... Not so much. He's already one of Peach's attacks, and really, what would Toad do? Really, I don't have any particular objection to him being in, except for... What would he do??

I say Bowser Jr., Paper Mario, The Baby Mario Bros., and probably even Waluigi would probably get a spot as a playable character before Toad.

Well, I think they could pull him off, he was actually the second strongest (I think) but at least one of the strongest in Super Mario Bros 2.

Veggi

Smash Champion

Toad has plenty of things he could use. Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Strikers as well as pretty much everything Waluigi could have a moveset from, Toad could have a better one. Maybe I'll make a Toad moveset later.

Well, I think they could pull him off, he was actually the second strongest (I think) but at least one of the strongest in Super Mario Bros 2.
From what I remember both his speed and strength stats were maxed out, but his jumping ability sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom