• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
@Kibble: I'd prefer Resetii, but Tom Nook's the most likely due to his iconic status. The Crosser has no fans and is horribly generic. Tom Nook is generic, sure, but at least he's not a character creation tempplate. Tom Nook could do everything the crosser could do and more with his status as a racoon. The Animal Crosser also isn't a big name like Tom Nook even if he is a big appearance, as "Animal Crosser" is a fan-made name for him.

Basically, Nook's more likely and would be better IMO.
The Crosser's got plenty of fans. Also, you've got to grant him the edge he has as the series' main character. In my humble opinion, Nook would feel out of place without the Crosser. It's something like that whole Hero --> Sidekick --> Villain thing we've talked about in here before. As far as Animal Crossing goes, Nook is the Sidekick at best (I'd consider the fool a villain...). The name issue isn't really all that important, if you ask me. If anything, I think it proves that he's got an established fanbase.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Even though Animal Crosser is way better than Nook, what would they make him look like? They mentioned that the AC kid is a template, meaning he doesn't have a "true" apperance. How would they decide his true apperance? What about how the girl looks as an alternate costume for the boy?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
By the whole "big name" thing. . .I mean I don't think he's really being thought about as much as Nook by the actual game developers due to basically just being a tempplate that fans would like to see playable.

I'm not ruling the crosser out, but I say Nook is more likely as the crosser.

Most big AC players would consider Nook a villain. . .I heartily agree with you there. Nook should upstage Bowser and Ganondorf as the biggest baddie.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Even though Animal Crosser is way better than Nook, what would they make him look like? They mentioned that the AC kid is a template, meaning he doesn't have a "true" apperance. How would they decide his true apperance? What about how the girl looks as an alternate costume for the boy?
I'd say they pick one of the boy costumes, and one of the girl ones, and have them as alternate costumes like Wario has. Beyond that, all they've got to do is pick shirts that would match different color schemes for alternate costumes, for Team Battles and such.

8-Ball Shirt FTW.

By the whole "big name" thing. . .I mean I don't think he's really being thought about as much as Nook by the actual game developers due to basically just being a tempplate that fans would like to see playable.

I'm not ruling the crosser out, but I say Nook is more likely as the crosser.

Most big AC players would consider Nook a villain. . .I heartily agree with you there. Nook should upstage Bowser and Ganondorf as the biggest baddie.
That argument, I can buy. His ambiguity as a character is the big thing holding him back, more than likely.

Nook is undoubtedly the biggest baddie of all time. I mean, freak, just imagine how long Bowser must have spent paying off his Castle!! O_o

y jiggz is gay
NO U

Wow... That post was from like, way too long ago to be replied to.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'd say they pick one of the boy costumes, and one of the girl ones, and have them as alternate costumes like Wario has. Beyond that, all they've got to do is pick shirts that would match different color schemes for alternate costumes, for Team Battles and such.
You're forgetting the many options the character has for hair, hair color, and eyes. It's not that simple.

To me, Tom Nook is the better representative for the Animal Crossing series. His leaf is the logo for AC in Smash and the games more or less revolve around him.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Female Pokemon Trainer option for SSB4
Which one and which Pokemon she will have? ;o

Since the female trainer from Fire Red/Leaf Green is so over hyped but most likley to be in if theres a spot for that, I'll go with either the one from PokemonCrystal or Diamond/Pearl, (Marina and Dawn FTW, though May is kind of over hyped as well). Of coures as far as Pokemon goes, it has to be in they're region

SirKibble

Smash Champion
You're forgetting ignoring the many options the character has for hair, hair color, and eyes. It's not that simple.
Fixed for truth. ;)

I'm saying they pick all that. Unless you want a fully-customizable character (which wouldn't be all bad, but it could get terribly annoying), that's the way to go.

To me, Tom Nook is the better representative for the Animal Crossing series. His leaf is the logo for AC in Smash and the games more or less revolve around him.
I'm pretty sure the games revolve around the Crosser, since he's the character whose life you live and who you constantly control. That may just be me, though...

Opinions opinions.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm pretty sure the games revolve around the Crosser, since he's the character whose life you live and who you constantly control. That may just be me, though...
Well, who "gives" you your house, buys crap from you, and your source of furniture and whatnot?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, who "gives" you your house, buys crap from you, and your source of furniture and whatnot?
Yes, yes, the game would be terribly pointless without Nook, but there wouldn't even be a game without the Crosser him/herself.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
i still think meowth would have been a cool pokeom to be in ssb4
Yeah, he would've been cool in SSB4. Oh well, there's always SSB5 to look forward to in a few years.

Which one and which Pokemon she will have? ;o

Since the female trainer from Fire Red/Leaf Green is so over hyped but most likley to be in if theres a spot for that, I'll go with either the one from PokemonCrystal or Diamond/Pearl, (Marina and Dawn FTW, though May is kind of over hyped as well). Of coures as far as Pokemon goes, it has to be in they're region

She'd match the same generation as the regular Pokemon Trainer and have the same Pokemon. I just like playing as girls every once and a while, you know?!

MaxfireXSA

Banned via Warnings
This thread is for the discussion of SSB4, and what your hopes for the game are. Everything from character lists to new features should go in this thread.

Any other threads on the boards regarding this issue will be locked. This thread won't be stickied (for now) but all discussion on this topic should be in here.
Here are the list of characters that needs to be put in SSB4.
  • Rick from 'Splatterhouse' game
  • 'Capcom' characters
  • 'SNK' characters
  • 'Marvel' characters
  • 'DC' characters
  • More Sonic Characters
  • More Mario Characters
  • Olimar's brother from 'Pikmen'
  • 'Castlevania' characters
  • More 'Fire Emblem' Characters
  • Little Mac from 'Punch Out'
  • 'Virtua Fighter' characters
  • Pac-Man
  • Ms.Pac-Man
  • Mr.Driller
  • Vectorman
  • Ray-man
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Jill from 'Drill Dozer'
  • Megaman
  • 'Chrono Trigger' Characters
  • More 'Metal Gear Solid' Characters
  • Conker from 'Conker' games
  • 'Final Fantasy' Characters
  • 'Dragon Quest' Characters
  • More 'Pokemon' Characters

List of characters have to be removed from SSB4.
  • Mr.Game & Watch

List of features need in SSB4.
  • Mii Upload
  • Character Creation Mode
  • Designated Character Upload
  • Designated Stage Upload

SSB4 needs to have a pace fixed in Online Mode, and in Online Mode if you play 'With Anyone' Mode, you can set up the rules like if you get 3 stock lives. Designated Character Upload and Designated Stage Upload has to be a character that you designed on your computer, and upload that in the game, which is you'll get a program called 'Smash Design' on your computer, so you can design you characters and stages on your computer.

Also, that what it is in stage builder that you can upload your stages that you've design on your computer, using 'Smash Design' and upload that in the game.

In Character Creation Mode, you can upload you're Mii on your computer or in the game and design it, or design your character on your computer and upload it into your game.

Pretty cool features to put in the SSB4, huh?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That character list is full of some epic win, and, unfortunately, an equal amount of epic fail.

Removing G&W would be high treason! Why would you feel the need to do such a thing?

As far as. . .all the other stuff goes. . . I think you're trying to overcomplicate things. Personal customization really doesn't need to go any further than improvement of the Stage Builder. Creating your own characters is probably too much for Smash.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
@Kibble: I would orgasm over the disk if Jiggs was cut and Mewtwo was back.

Not that Jiggs should or ever will be cut. She just never should've been in it in the first place.
Tru dat, tru dat...

LSDX

Wah!
Here are the list of characters that needs to be put in SSB4.
  • Rick from 'Splatterhouse' game
  • 'Capcom' characters
  • 'SNK' characters
  • 'Marvel' characters
  • 'DC' characters
  • More Sonic Characters
  • More Mario Characters
  • Olimar's brother from 'Pikmen' ......>_>
  • 'Castlevania' characters
  • More 'Fire Emblem' Characters
  • Little Mac from 'Punch Out'
  • 'Virtua Fighter' characters
  • Pac-Man
  • Ms.Pac-Man
  • Mr.Driller
  • Vectorman
  • Ray-man
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • Jill from 'Drill Dozer'
  • Megaman
  • 'Chrono Trigger' Characters
  • More 'Metal Gear Solid' Characters
  • Conker from 'Conker' games
  • 'Final Fantasy' Characters
  • 'Dragon Quest' Characters
  • More 'Pokemon' Characters

List of characters have to be removed from SSB4.
  • Mr.Game & Watch

List of features need in SSB4.
  • Mii Upload
  • Character Creation Mode
  • Designated Character Upload
  • Designated Stage Upload
=Win
=Fail
=Eh..
=Death Penalty

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Because Mr.Game & Watch is a 2d character in the 'Smash Bros' game instead of 3d, so that's a problem.
No. No, it's actually not.

When the game changes its name to "Super 3-D Smash Brothers," then Game & Watch can leave.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Characters that should be removed from SSB4 should be Lucas. What's the point with this little weak squirt. He is eactly a another Ness with the same powers. Do we want that. No we do not.

And Toon Link as well.

Those are the characters that should be removed.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Erm, they can easily be changed.

If anyone, Wolf should be kicked out.
QFT. Wolf can easily be an alternate costume for Fox, so that they can have Krystal who has much more potential than him.

EDIT: If they completly declonify Falco, put in Krystal who would also have an original moveset, and kick out Wolf, that would be epic win.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
How many moves does Lucas share with Ness? Seriously, of all the similar characters, they're the least similar. I play a mean Ness, but I'm not comfortable at all with Lucas. Vice versa for my brother, who was a Lucas main for the first few months after we got the game.

The bottom line: Lucas does not have the same moves as Ness.

Kraryo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SrirachaJoe
3DS FC
4124-5128-1575
Well, they share specials, a fsmash, and a usmash, so that's why people call the Mother Boys similar. Still, they would hardly be anything alike aside from being head swaps if Lucas's specials were just changed.

LSDX

Wah!
Characters that should be removed from SSB4 should be Lucas. What's the point with this little weak squirt. He is eactly a another Ness with the same powers. Do we want that. No we do not.

And Toon Link as well.

Those are the characters that should be removed.
Opinions opinions

Linkshot

Smash Hero
This is really turning ugly.

IN MY OPINION, Lucas and Ness both need to be more true to their games.

G&W actually IS a 3D figure, just really really thin.

Toon Link needs not removal; he can easily be reworked to be likable.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
Yeah down with Wolf.

*Kicks Wolf out of brawl and replaces him with King K. Rool*

Heh heh heh!
WTF wolf is a huge part of the star fox series he DESERVES to be in ssb4, but i do think king k rool should be in it too XD

QFT. Wolf can easily be an alternate costume for Fox, so that they can have Krystal who has much more potential than him.

EDIT: If they completly declonify Falco, put in Krystal who would also have an original moveset, and kick out Wolf, that would be epic win.
DOUBLE WTF they are both huge characters to star fox, crystal would suck a**, shes pretty mush just a little sh*tty weak addition to the star fox series, if anyone PIGMA deserves a spot more than her punk a**

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Well, they share specials, a fsmash, and a usmash, so that's why people call the Mother Boys similar. Still, they would hardly be anything alike aside from being head swaps if Lucas's specials were just changed.
PK Freeze and PK Flash are quite different.
Their PSI Magnets are close enough, I'll give you that.
Their PK Fires are a good bit different, between the angle in the air and the actual effect.
Their PK Thunders are different, but close enough that I'll let you count that as well.

Their F-Smash is the only real obvious one. I don't know where you're pull the U-Smash from. Those are WAY different. The only other similar stuff is little stuff like tilts.

EDIT: Oh, and obviously their Final Smash.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
DOUBLE WTF they are both huge characters to star fox, crystal would suck a**, shes pretty mush just a little sh*tty weak addition to the star fox series, if anyone PIGMA deserves a spot more than her punk a**
True, harsh but true. Pigma been in as much Star Fox as Krystal, (Star Fox 64, Assault, and Command), and he's a back stabbing trader to everybody in Star Fox, which would make him an intresting character. But you can't say all the way that Krystal would suck because her games, look at Zelda and Peach, (damsels in distress in most of they're games). Also, if theres going to be another worthy female rep to Smash Bros, it would most likley be Krystal, though Lip is the biggest competition to Krystal when it comes to "which female Nintendo character will most likley get in," I'm not saying that just because Lip is the best character ever besides Kirby IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom