• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
True, harsh but true. Pigma been in as much Star Fox as Krystal, (Star Fox 64, Assault, and Command), and he's a back stabbing trader to everybody in Star Fox, which would make him an intresting character. But you can't say all the way that Krystal would suck because her games, look at Zelda and Peach, (damsels in distress in most of they're games). Also, if theres going to be another worthy female rep to Smash Bros, it would most likley be Krystal, though Lip is the biggest competition to Krystal when it comes to "which female Nintendo character will most likley get in," I'm not saying that just because Lip is the best character ever besides Kirby IMO.

ty, ty but i dont think nintendo should put in a new female character just because brawl lacked females, they should instead put in IMPORTANT people from IMPORTANT franchises, Like this Lip character you talk about, ive never heard of her, and i bet a lot of others havent either. and i bet A LOT of people would be furious to find out that the big n put in this character instead of an IMPORTANT character from an IMPORTANT franchise. like what they did with this piece of sh*t character Lucas, WHO THE HELL is this guy?? nintendo puts in this little b*tch from a game only released in japan, from a NOT THAT IMPORTANT franchise, when instead they could have put in another character from metroid, which is AN IMPORTANT franchise.

sorry if i do seem harsh tho, but this kinda stuff really pisses me off.

LSDX

Wah!
ty, ty but i dont think nintendo should put in a new female character just because brawl lacked females, they should instead put in IMPORTANT people from IMPORTANT franchises, Like this Lip character you talk about, ive never heard of her, and i bet a lot of others havent either. and i bet A LOT of people would be furious to find out that the big n put in this character instead of an IMPORTANT character from an IMPORTANT franchise. like what they did with this piece of sh*t character Lucas, WHO THE HELL is this guy?? nintendo puts in this little b*tch from a game only released in japan, from a NOT THAT IMPORTANT franchise, when instead they could have put in another character from metroid, which is AN IMPORTANT franchise.

sorry if i do seem harsh tho, but this kinda stuff really pisses me off.
QTF, Mother games have some of the best storylines in the Nintendo library. Before you start trashing games, go play them first; at least look into its history before bad-mouthing occurs.

-----

BTW all, if you really want to vote for your favorite characters for SSB4, vote in my blog!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208741

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
QTF, Mother games have some of the best storylines in the Nintendo library. Before you start trashing games, go play them first; at least look into its history before bad-mouthing occurs.

-----

BTW all, if you really want to vote for your favorite characters for SSB4, vote in my blog!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208741

i wasnt trashing it, im just saying its not that big compared to other franchises that deserved more chars, and saying its one of the best is a straight up opinion.

also, sure ill go to your blog lulz

Mother 3 was the biggest thing of its time for Japan.

And only Japan is what counts. Sorry.
uhm if it was so big then why didnt come to the US?

LSDX

Wah!
The fan translation is all you need along with the emulator and ROM (taboo here...), perfectly translated along with Earthbound stylized font :D

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
It was too much text to translate.

Also, it would suck localised because it would be majorly "dumbed down to our standards".
too much text should NOT be a problem for a BIG game like mother 3 that SHOULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY BECAUSE IT HAS ONE OF THE GREATEST STORY LINES FROM THE BIG N. c wut i did thar?

and im pretty sure it wouldnt be "dumbed down"

Roihu

Smash Ace
too much text should NOT be a problem for a BIG game like mother 3 that SHOULD MAKE A LOT OF MONEY BECAUSE IT HAS ONE OF THE GREATEST STORY LINES FROM THE BIG N. c wut i did thar?

and im pretty sure it wouldnt be "dumbed down"
Please play Mother 3.
Then tell us you don't care about Lucas.
And I mean play the whole thing or at least to chapter 7.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice
altho is still doubt it didnt come here cause it would be too dark and its humor being too raunchy, im just gonna stop arguing about this, because you should get my point from now

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Oh please, Mother 3 really isn't nearly as dark as many Nintendo fan boys say it is. You must have never played a game not made by Nintendo if you really think that.

A few people die, that doesn't make it very dark. The game is pretty light hearted, people try so hard to make it seem super dark.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
And now for an intermission

Some of my "favorite" :rolleyes::cry::ouch: character suggestions for SSB4 from some of the people here:

Geno
The demand for this one-shot character is mindboggling. I understand that SMRPG was a great game, but people make it sound as if Geno carried that game. Its Geno...outside of SMRPG, what thehell else does he have under his belt? Rare, and I mean EXTREMELY rare & forgettable cameos in like...1, 2 games? Hell, Pit of Kid Icarus has had even more cameos if you're going to play THAT card, and Nintendo actallu owns THAT character! People are saying that the cast of SSB doesn't have to have "super elite characters as long as our favorites get in"...yeah...if that's true, I want Astro Boy in SSB4 because he's a favorite of mine. And my sister wants the cast of High School Musical in too. And Sora and Roxas...because everyone has their favorites they'd like to see in this game doesn't mean that character needs to be in.

Factor in that Nintendo doesn't fully (if at all) owns Geno, that if SquareEnix were to have a rep for SSB4, it would be a major Final Fantasy character (seriously, you think SE would opt to allow a random puppet in a popular crossover game before whoring Cloud or Squall?), and since everyone believes that Nintendo caters to the casual crowd, only the hardcore fans (and those who just can't let Geno go and get over it) would even know or care who he was, Geno is a 3rd party character that should be omitted.

Master Chief/Characters clearly owned by Nintendo's competitors
Why do people honestly think that Nintendo's business rivals would let Nintendo use their characters? Why do people honestly think Nintendo would WANT to help advertise their rivals mascots? Even more Nintendo would be PAYING Microsoft to feature Master Chief in atheir game, so it would be more a win-win for Microsoft.

I freakin' LOVE Ratchet & Clank, but that's Sony. Their owned by Sony, or specifically Insomniac Games, which is owned by Sony. So no, Master Chief, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sack Boy, etc...character owned by Sony or Microsoft will never appear in n Nintendo game...nothing short of Nintendo buying out those IP would make that possible.

More than 1 new F-Zero character
This is more a pet peeve than an issue. Heck, at LEAST these guys are owned by Nintendo and are a part of a somewhat big franchise. I'm going to put my bias aside and say that if there were to be a new F-Zero character in SSB4, the total of newcomers should be 1. So in addition to CF, there would be 1 other F-Zero rep. As I've explained before, the F-Zero cast are far from interesting. Many of the characters would bring little to the table.

Krystal
Its not the notion of Krystal in SSB4 that gets me so much as the obnoxious fanbase that wantsher in; seriously, the Ridley fanbase wants Ridley in as much as you Krystal furries wnat Krystal, but they don't come off as people I want to strike with a metal pike. I had a very good debate with someone in one of the groups I'm a member of that made me realize something...and its rare that anyone can change my opinion as I was on the pro-Krystal bandwagon...StarFox is lucky to have the three reps its got. Seriously, StarFox hasn't been the franchise it once was; three reps are enough. Now, the idea of replacing one SF character for another is a different story altogether, but adding yet another one to the total of 3 we already have? It's StarFox, people. Not Zelda, not Pokémon.

The limitless inclusion of even more Sonic/Konami characters
Snake's inclusion opened a Pandora's Box of stupid. While I'm not against maybe one more playable Sonic/MGS rep, the idea of 5 Sonic characters and the like is just too much. The guest characters (key word being GUEST) are taking over and bringing their inbred hillbilly kinfolk with them! Its almost as if people would rather just turn the Smash series into a Sega/Konami crossover and call it a day. But let's consider that that won't be the case with 4. So with that in mind, shouldn't we try to think within a reasonable logic? Like, why am I seeing people suggest Shadow and Silver in SSB4 before f*ck*ng Tails or Sonic characters that actually matter?! Tails! A classic, important character from the best days of Sonic! Yet people want the gimmicky Shadow and Silver instead?! What the hell?! The Konami sugestions are no where near as stupid, its true, but people are saying things like "Simon Belmont and Sparkster for 4!"...Sigh...At least come out and say it: "Let's turn the Nintendo All-Stars Fighting game into a 5 Company Crossover"!

SmashBrosMike
This guy really rubs me the wrong way. I pray that he and Sakurai do not share the same brain wavelengths, else God spare us!

Waluigi
OK, bias here. I'm the biggest Waluigi hater there is, but I will admit, unlike the thought of Geno, Resident Evil's Leon Kennedy, or some other *ss-random character suggestion, Waluigi's inclusion wouldn't bestupid in retrospect, sadly. That's why this guy doesn't even rank too high on my list, as I just persoanally hate him. He's a gimmick of a gimmick, with the 1st gimmick being a well-used, fairly popular character that has been developed over the years very finely (Wario). Who gives a bloody v*g*n*l fart about Waluigi?! It wouldn't be the end of the world if he made it in, however. Maybe in the following years something can be done to make him seem more worthy of being a playable rep in a Smash game. Right now, all bias aside, there are better candidates.

kuro06

Smash Cadet
Nintendo America isn't exactly fond of the Mother series since Earthbound (Mother 2) didn't do well in the states..and Mother 3 wouldn't be considered kid friendly here.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think according to VGchartz MOTHER 2/Earthbound sold about 0.80 million copies, while MOTHER 3 sold .30 million copies in Japan. So MOTHER 3 didn't sell alot. But I think a big reason they put Lucas in there was to promote MOTHER 3 sales in Japan (but it didn't seem to have any affect though). I still think those games that don't sell a lot like MOTHER 3 even when it didn't sell that much is a good idea because they provide a good varied moveset.

I am still hoping for a 3rd MOTHER character in SSB4, even though the series is done (supposedly according to Itoi, but you never knew if a remake could happen) and preferably a female MOTHER rep.

A reason why MOTHER 3 didn't go to the US is because the premise is about Lucas destroying something that is supposed to represent an evil version of the United States (New Pork City). It is like 9/11, when Lucas blows up New Pork City. I think Nintendo is trying to be sensitive to Americans by not showing the main hero blow up America/New Pork City/New York City.

I would also like to see besides a 3rd MOTHER character who is a female rep would be:

1. Ridley
2. K Rool
3. Sukapon
4. Takamaru
5. Isaac
6. Krystal
7. Geno
8. New FE Lord
9. New Zelda character (if Midna is in the next one, she can be it)
10. DeMille (from Tomato Adventure)
11. Mewtwo
12. Mii

And finally, I want this character. She would be sorta out of place but that is the point in bringing very diverse characters. Hopefully her game which is sorta being like Duke Nukem Forever would be cool I hope Nintendo makes a deal to bring this woman in:

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
You're acting like people actually suggest characters made by competitors very often in a non-joking manner. The only character owned by another company I see commonly suggested in Banjo, but that's because people don't realize Microsoft bought Rare.

LSDX

Wah!
Please play Mother 3.
Then tell us you don't care about Lucas.
And I mean play the whole thing or at least to chapter 7.

Chapter 7 is pretty gut-wrenching. x_o

BTW, if you know how Lucas got his PK powers, then you'll know why it was full of sexual references...>.< [CH. 4]

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You're acting like people actually suggest characters made by competitors very often in a non-joking manner. The only character owned by another company I see commonly suggested in Banjo, but that's because people don't realize Microsoft bought Rare.
wut about mageman?

@WolfCypher: I feel like the Krystal-haters are the outrageous ones.

Roihu

Smash Ace

BTW, if you know how Lucas got his PK powers, then you'll know why it was full of sexual references...>.< [CH. 4]

Yeah, that's what I meant.
When you get to Chapter 7 and hate it, then you can tell Lucas to go to hell.
Chapter 7 is hard but fun, though.
That part would probably be cut/edited.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

I have yet to play MOTHER 3 but I know a good number of details. I remember reading a translation and one of the texts said Kumatora developed a fever and then got her dormant PK powers. The hot spring scene with Lucas and the magypsy was not sexual when you think about it. Lucas put his head in the water in order to develop a fever and awaken his PK powers.

Also, the 3rd MOTHER rep should be Kumatora or Claus, or both with Kumatora as a legit Lucas alt.

One other thing. I think MOTHER 3's lackluster sales was also due to the GBA dying at the time. Not many people had an interest in the handheld anymore so not many people got it. If it was released on the DS, it probably would have come here.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Yeah, that's what I meant.
When you get to Chapter 7 and hate it, then you can tell Lucas to go to hell.
Chapter 7 is hard but fun, though.
That part would probably be cut/edited.
Care to spoil?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Some of my "favorite" :rolleyes::cry::ouch: character suggestions for SSB4 from some of the people here:

Master Chief/Characters clearly owned by Nintendo's competitors
Why do people honestly think that Nintendo's business rivals would let Nintendo use their characters? Why do people honestly think Nintendo would WANT to help advertise their rivals mascots? Even more Nintendo would be PAYING Microsoft to feature Master Chief in atheir game, so it would be more a win-win for Microsoft.

I freakin' LOVE Ratchet & Clank, but that's Sony. Their owned by Sony, or specifically Insomniac Games, which is owned by Sony. So no, Master Chief, Jak & Daxter, Ratchet & Clank, Sack Boy, etc...character owned by Sony or Microsoft will never appear in n Nintendo game...nothing short of Nintendo buying out those IP would make that possible.

It's because Snake has been established as a Sony character, while his start was on a Nintendo system.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Eh, Lucas has a Claus costume if it matters. :ohwell:

I think it wouldnt really be Claus unless he had a helmet and a lightsabre. So he can go Darth Vader on people.

Also, do you think Snake and Sonic should return in SSB4?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Okay, can we all agree that K Rool needs to be in it?
Yeah pretty much. As long as he has his gun that shoots actual bullets.

Hey wait a minute. Are you actually SmashBrosMike under a new account? I am just curious.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I think it wouldnt really be Claus unless he had a helmet and a lightsabre. So he can go Darth Vader on people.

Also, do you think Snake and Sonic should return in SSB4?
Absolutely. Those two are legends. If someone told me in 1998 that Sonic, Mario, Snake and Link would be selectable characters and able to fight each other all at once in (what I believe to be) the greatest fighting game of all time, I would have slapped them for joking about something so awesome, but it has become a reality, and to leave these two true legends out of the next game would be a great mistake.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman

Hey wait a minute. Are you actually SmashBrosMike under a new account? I am just curious.
No, I'm not. Also, I was thinking he could whip about a big cannon that shot cannonballs like you see in Donkey Kong Country, but the specifics aren't important, his inclusion is. On a side note, I am praying, literally going to bed every night praying to Pesci that a smash bros 4 is even made.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it would be bad if the two legends were not in the next game but I fear they may be because they are "guest" characters thus only being one time appearances. The problem is we have no former experience to base on what will happen to the 3rd parties in the next game, like Soul Calibur had with Link, the guy from Tekken, and Spawn. After SC2, it switched to having Lloyd I believe (not 3rd party to them but still a different game) then Star Wars characters like Vader, Yoda, Apprentice.

So what could either happen is a 'downsizing' is if SSB4 will go back to only 12 characters again but with a new fighting mechanic and super 3D graphics like Street Fighter did recently, or it will expand to have more characters and not change that much. If they choose the second route, I feel it is more likely Sonic and Snake may return, and possibly a 3rd 3rd party come like Megaman.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
What makes you think that SSB4 would go back to 12 characters?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I personally think Snake and Sonic will return and will only be considered guests in the sense that they are non-Nintendo characters in Smash and nothing more.

kong_korps

Smash Apprentice

wtf are you talking about? he never had a gun that shot bullets, he had a crown that he threw at you like a boomerang.

No, I'm not. Also, I was thinking he could whip about a big cannon that shot cannonballs like you see in Donkey Kong Country, but the specifics aren't important, his inclusion is. On a side note, I am praying, literally going to bed every night praying to Pesci that a smash bros 4 is even made.
and idk how the cananball thing would work for him using it has a special move, but i could see it being his final smash.

LSDX

Wah!
Well if Sega has the money (or Nintendo[?]), Sonic is a shoe-in for SSB4. Snake on the other hand is interesting. If Sakurai makes the next Smash game, he has a possibility of returning due to him being friends with Kojima. If a new director handles Smash, Snake's odds are relatively low.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
What makes you think that SSB4 would go back to 12 characters?
Well for some games like Street Fighter and Grand Theft Auto, it seems like when they get so big and grand in the content of things they want to downsize and start all over again.
Was it Marvel vs Capcom? It had like 55 characters then afterwards in the new Xbox 360 Street Fighter it downsized a lot of characters back to a small cast. For GTA4, the city became much smaller again and has less features, less weapons, a lot less of everything that GTA San Andreas has.

I think companies do that when they cannot make something so grand anymore. They downsize and improve the graphics drastically, but cut down the content of the game then build it up again. Look at how GTA San Andreas > GTA4 cut a lot of stuff people liked, then with this new GTA4 DLC they are gradually adding more like new weapons and stuff.

I fear that could lead to either SSB4 being downsized to remake it up big gradually again. But if that doesn't happen, then maybe SSB5 will be the one that gets downsized.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You can't compare MvC2 with SF4. SF4 is trying to return to its SF2Turbo roots, that is true. But MvC2 has nothing to do with that.

Roihu

Smash Ace
I don't know about Snake, but Sonic is a shoo-in.
Sega and Nintendo have been good pals recently.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
I wouldn't mind Snake & Sonic being permanent guest characters. Actually, all I want is Brawl's roster + Mewtwo + new additions for SSB4. So yeah, S & S coming back would be the tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom