• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
Returning Stages Idea:

Every single stage layout from all three games should return. However they should be updated graphically, so only the layout remains, for many reasons

Stages that would be merged/ overlap

Congo Jungle (64) + Kongo Jungle (Melee)
Yoshi's Island (64) + Yoshi's Story + Yoshi's Island (Brawl) (i'm thinking the teeter platform, seasons and style of the brawl one, the folding book and one of the clouds from the original and the ghost block from the melee one)
Planet Zebes + Brinstar (+ maybe Norfair)
Sector Z + Corneria
Dream Land (64) + Green Greens
Mushroom Kingdom (64) + Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) (warp pipes + pow blocks + destructible platforms)
Mute city + Port town (that format would likely become a new F-zero course from the most recent game)
Final Destination
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium + Pokemon Stadium 2 (one new stage with all 17 types as transformations)
Flat Zone + Flat Zone 2 (Helmet, which flat zone is based off, will become a new phase, alongside a few new ones)

And some stage concepts

Princess Peach's Castle (64): Will get some mario galaxy theming or something so the layout makes sense.
Mushroomy Kingdom: Will get the nostalgic theming back (I get the joke, but that's not the point of smash)
Mushroom Kingdom (64 and melee combined): Will get some super mario bros 3 theming (including music note blocks and fire breathing pirhana plants). Will be called Mushroom Kingdom 3 (after Mushroom(y) kindgom and mushroom kingdom 2)
Poke Floats: You can actually see the world from Pokemon RBY below you go around the floats, and the floats actually look like Balloons.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
ZVARRI! That's where you're wrong. Matt is psychotic, Luke is just annoying.
Making up an alternate identity to keep himself entertained might not be psychotic, but it surely isnt sane.

@Illusive
You cant really predict what stages will come back..

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think that Sakurai chooses the stage that represents the series best. It's the only explanation why Green Greens came back instead of Fountain of Dreams.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
As far as stages go, it would be nice if every character had a "home" stage. That doesn't mean it has to directly relate to them, per se, but it would be the stage you fight them on in 1-P modes, and it would just be something from their games. I mean, there are the easy universes like Mario (Mario: Delfino Plaza, Luigi: Luigi's Mansion, Peach: Peach's Castle, Bowser: Bowser's Fortress) and Kirby (Kirby: Green Greens, Meta Knight: Halberd, King Dedede: Mt. Dedede), but for, say, the Star Fox universe, they could just have enough stages and assign them to the characters (Fox: Corneria, Falco: Venom, Wolf: Lylat Cruise; for example).

Anyway, I'd like to see at least that, although I know it's not too likely.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Technically all characters in Melee had a "home" stage, and while Brawl doesn't replicate it for every character, it still does the same somewhat. While its nice to have, it doesn't really work in the long run, and I'd rather have a unique stage that doesn't have a representative than a borning one that's just catered to a single character. (Also what I notice when people try to do something like this, we end up with a lot of castles for some reason)

darkserenade

Smash Ace
A mario party stage for Peach would be the bomb.

Off topic: Shame on you, Darkwashu, forgetting about that Phoenix Wright copycat. His roar struck fear into the heart of Trite and Mr. Judge.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A mario party stage for Peach would be the bomb.

Off topic: Shame on you, Darkwashu, forgetting about that Phoenix Wright copycat. His roar struck fear into the heart of Trite and Mr. Judge.
Ah, Tigre. Every time I think of him, I picture him talking like Apu from that Phoenix Wrong vid.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Ah, Tigre. Every time I think of him, I picture him talking like Apu from that Phoenix Wrong vid.
Well if you never forget anything, tell me this: what color tie am I wearing?

You are wearing a red club tie, in a half-windsor knot.

Oh I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that is what you think, I have something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows...I'm not wearing a tie at all.

!

Second best Ace Attorney dub ever.

LSDX

Wah!
Make Marth look less homosexual and more like himself. Melee Marth was the best of them all. I do like his look from Fire Emblem 3: Monshou no Nazo though.

Wanted Characters:
-Marth
-Geno
-Marth
-Roy
-Marth
-Another Marth
-Dark Marth
-Balloon Fighter :3
-Hmm, here's the perfect WTF character: Marth!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Heck, man, I was half-expecting you to suggest Martha Stewart...

Marth's fine as is. He doesn't look gay. He never did. People just can't get over his tiara.

LSDX

Wah!
Explination behind the tiara.

Oh geez, now I have to explain why he has the tiara. He got it from his sister Ellis in Altea (Artiria) when war broke out and before she was kidnapped by Garnef (the one who tried to ressurect Medeus), she gave her tiara to him as a last request gift as something to remember her. He was then teleported away from the land and moved to Talis for two years until he recruted a band of mercanaries (Artirian Knights) to reclaim his lost land.

*Rabbid FE fan*

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Oh geez, now I have to explain why he has the tiara. He got it from his sister Ellis in Altea (Artiria) when war broke out and before she was kidnapped by Ganarf, she gave her tiara to him as a last request gift as something to remember her. He was then teleported away from the land and moved to Talis for two years until he recruted a band of mercanaries (Artirian Knights) to reclaim his lost land.

*Rabbid FE fan*
Most of us know this, but choose to ignore the fact anyway.

lol10marthisntgays

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Oh geez, now I have to explain why he has the tiara. He got it from his sister Ellis in Altea (Artiria) when war broke out and before she was kidnapped by Garnef (the one who tried to ressurect Medeus), she gave her tiara to him as a last request gift as something to remember her. He was then teleported away from the land and moved to Talis for two years until he recruted a band of mercanaries (Artirian Knights) to reclaim his lost land.

*Rabbid FE fan*
That's what they want you to think.

(Can't remember who said all this before, but I'm stealing your ideas, and sort of crediting you through this parenthetical reference. okthxbai)

It's actually for containment of pure manliness. If Marth didn't wear the tiara to tone down his manliness and make some people think he's gay, he couldn't be in the game, because the Wii (and the GameCube before it) would explode from the sheer concentration of manliness. Marth's idle-for-too-long animation... He checks the tiara. Why? To make sure it's still in place. He knows the Wii couldn't handle it, and he wants to be fair to the other characters anyway. That's all. You see, what really happens when Marth uses his Final Smash... He lifts Falchion into the air, and as he does, his tiara raises a fraction of a centimeter, unleashing, well, you've seen what. Imagine what would happen if he were to take it all the way off.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
That's what they want you to think.

(Can't remember who said all this before, but I'm stealing your ideas, and sort of crediting you through this parenthetical reference. okthxbai)

It's actually for containment of pure manliness. If Marth didn't wear the tiara to tone down his manliness and make some people think he's gay, he couldn't be in the game, because the Wii (and the GameCube before it) would explode from the sheer concentration of manliness. Marth's idle-for-too-long animation... He checks the tiara. Why? To make sure it's still in place. He knows the Wii couldn't handle it, and he wants to be fair to the other characters anyway. That's all. You see, what really happens when Marth uses his Final Smash... He lifts Falchion into the air, and as he does, his tiara raises a fraction of a centimeter, unleashing, well, you've seen what. Imagine what would happen if he were to take it all the way off.
This statement is made null and void, as Captain Falcon, the god of manliness, wears no tiara. Neither do Ganondorf or Snake for that matter, who are also far more manly then Marth could ever hope to be.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
This statement is made null and void, as Captain Falcon, the god of manliness, wears no tiara. Neither do Ganondorf or Snake for that matter, who are also far more manly then Marth could ever hope to be.
Marth's manliness without the tiara is beyond the comprehension of all of them combined.

Besides, everyone knows Captain Falcon is gay in Brawl.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Marth's manliness without the tiara is beyond the comprehension of all of them combined.

Besides, everyone knows Captain Falcon is gay in Brawl.
You two forgot that one important item that Captain Falcon use to control his Falcon Punch from exploding planets. That item is his scarf. Proof? Well, that's simple to answer. When he scream out Falcon Punch, it's only a quieter form of that, but still does enough manliness in the game. However, when the scarf comes off, the full loud sound from his voicebox acts as a amplifer that infinitly powers up his charge of the move, thus cause the Falcon Punch to become so powerful, planets and galaxies will fall in a instant, or even beyond that. O_o

Regardless of who's more manly is beyond the point. Their power is so great without their surpressors, that the universe will die out in a few moves.

10offtopics

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Well if you never forget anything, tell me this: what color tie am I wearing?

You are wearing a red club tie, in a half-windsor knot.

Oh I am, am I? Is that what you think? Well if that is what you think, I have something to tell you. Something that may shock and discredit you. And that thing is as follows...I'm not wearing a tie at all.

!
The memories..... That was a great Phoenix Parody.

On Topic: Marth's tiara is like DK's tie. He's not wearing a tie at all. Without it, he becomes so awesome that everybody commits suicide and/or goes emo. Except, in DK's case, everybody would commit suicide and/or go emo because he's not wearing a tie at all. he's not Donkey Kong, but rather, King Kong.

@OmegaSlayer16: It's actually his helmet.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Of course, you all know Falcon's not really in Brawl, right? He was busy when they were making it.
Oh dear :/

edit:

I know this is offtopic but no big debate is going on so eh..
Anyways, can anyone point me in the direction of sigs? As in... character pictures.. preferably Ice Climbers.. Is everyone's custom or can you find them somewhere?

darkserenade

Smash Ace

edit:

Anyways, can anyone point me in the direction of sigs? As in... character pictures.. preferably Ice Climbers.. Is everyone's custom or can you find them somewhere?
Custom, and I believe there are some people who make it on Smasboards. Don't know who, though.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter

edit:

hmm. have you ever try going to artwork emporium? :ohwell:,

in any case try requesting here, they might help you out.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Um..lets try to start a discussion!

Why does everyone say Lucario will be out of SSB4?

They say because hes of the 4th generation.
But its not like the 4th generation will just get up and vanish.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
They took Mewtwo out and he's arguably the most important Pokemon in the whole series, so why wouldn't they take out Lucario. I personally wouldn't mind them taking out Lucario and putting Mewtwo back in.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
They took Mewtwo out and he's arguably the most important Pokemon in the whole series, so why wouldn't they take out Lucario. I personally wouldn't mind them taking out Lucario and putting Mewtwo back in.
Exactly what I had in mind, instead of Lucario why not have Mewtwo return, possibly with a modified moveset from Melee and I guess make him more heavyweight than lightweight.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lucario or Mewtwo WILL be in SSB4. One or the other, that much is up in the air, but the Pokemon line up WILL be:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer/Squirtle/Ivysaur/Charizard
5th gen rep
Lucario OR Mewtwo

I'd bet everything I own on it.
I really think Jiggly should be taken out. I know that he/she was there from the beginning but there was really no reason for "it" to be in the game in the first place, it was only due to Pokemons immense popularity at that time. Also the Pokemon Trainer will have three new Pokemon, but I wish it would be a Pokemon from three different generations just so Blaziken could get in:)

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
I really think Jiggly should be taken out. I know that he/she was there from the beginning but there was really no reason for "it" to be in the game in the first place, it was only due to Pokemons immense popularity at that time. Also the Pokemon Trainer will have three new Pokemon, but I wish it would be a Pokemon from three different generations just so Blaziken could get in:)
IF it was blaziken, it would probably end up being piplup and groyvle as the other two for pokemon trainer, which is just....eh >.<. I doubt jiggly would get taken out, he's a primary character, along with captain falcon, link, pikachu, etc. They would keep him in and chances are chain lucario into another dark pokemon.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
She is still very popular in Japan, I think.

I wouldnt mind Meowth being in SSB4....but thats just me.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
While I don't care much for talking about a smash 4 (because it's probably a long ways off) I gotta agree with this guy on the Jigglypuff thing. There is no reason that Jiggs needs to come back. Sure she's one of the original 12 and has been there since the beginning. But that's it. Other than that there is no reason why she should be in. She isn't really that popular anymore, she's not important to the series in any way, she doesn't represent a certain generation...really she's just a normal Pokemon who happened to be popular when smash64 came out. Compare that to the other Pokemon characters.

Pikachu- Duh, he's Pokemon's mascot and an internationally well known Icon, he is and will always be the face of Pokemon.

Pokemon Trainer - First off, in one character you get three Pokemon, second he represents the actual playable character in the Pokemon games. His unique move set should easily earn him a spot. Wheather or not it's the same three Pokemon I'm indifferent

Lucario- Represents the 4th gen, and assuming that there is a 5th (likely even 6th or 7th) gen of Pokemon by time smash 4 comes out he still makes more sense than Jigglypuff. Do we really need 3+ Pokemon from the first gen? Esspecially one that isn't really even significant in any way?

Mewtwo- Is still really the ultimate Pokemon. With every game we've gotten new Legendaries but other than Mew and Mewtwo none have been described as the "ultimate" Pokemon. I really think he should have got in over Jiggly Puff.

How long are we going to keep Jigglypuff in just because she was one of the original 12? I mean Smash probably isn't going to end. It's like Mario it will keep going because there will always be new characters and ideas to add. And with every entry Jiggs significance is less and less.

I'm open to arguments, but if your reasoning to me is going to be "Jigglypuff is still really popular in Japan" back it up. I get sick of people trying to put down my arguments with "well it's this way in Japan." Yet they can never actually prove it. So I'm fine if you use that argument, as long as you can back it up.

smashbot226

Smash Master
While I don't care much for talking about a smash 4 (because it's probably a long ways off) I gotta agree with this guy on the Jigglypuff thing. There is no reason that Jiggs needs to come back. Sure she's one of the original 12 and has been there since the beginning. But that's it. Other than that there is no reason why she should be in. She isn't really that popular anymore, she's not important to the series in any way, she doesn't represent a certain generation...really she's just a normal Pokemon who happened to be popular when smash64 came out. Compare that to the other Pokemon characters.

Pikachu- Duh, he's Pokemon's mascot and an internationally well known Icon, he is and will always be the face of Pokemon.

OMG NO PIKAJEW SHOULD BE OWT.

Pokemon Trainer - First off, in one character you get three Pokemon, second he represents the actual playable character in the Pokemon games. His unique move set should easily earn him a spot. Wheather or not it's the same three Pokemon I'm indifferent

Personally. he'll get new Pokemon or make way for another single Pokemon. I'd prefer a Empoleon, Grovyle, Chimchar combo, though. THIRD GEN SUX

Lucario- Represents the 4th gen, and assuming that there is a 5th (likely even 6th or 7th) gen of Pokemon by time smash 4 comes out he still makes more sense than Jigglypuff. Do we really need 3+ Pokemon from the first gen? Esspecially one that isn't really even significant in any way?

I'd bet it ends at 5th gen. Anyway, Jiggs almost CAN'T be removed due to vet status, STILL retaining popularity in Japan- AKA the same way Lucario got in- and she's... SHE'S MOTHERF*CKING JIGGLYPUFF.

Mewtwo- Is still really the ultimate Pokemon. With every game we've gotten new Legendaries but other than Mew and Mewtwo none have been described as the "ultimate" Pokemon. I really think he should have got in over Jiggly Puff.

According to Sakurai's logic, why buff him when you can clone him?

How long are we going to keep Jigglypuff in just because she was one of the original 12? I mean Smash probably isn't going to end. It's like Mario it will keep going because there will always be new characters and ideas to add. And with every entry Jiggs significance is less and less.

If her significance gets less and less, then why is she still here?

I'm open to arguments, but if your reasoning to me is going to be "Jigglypuff is still really popular in Japan" back it up. I get sick of people trying to put down my arguments with "well it's this way in Japan." Yet they can never actually prove it. So I'm fine if you use that argument, as long as you can back it up.
Quoted from her site:

"Jigglypuff is often featured on products where a scene of several Pokémon are shown. An example of this is the full-sized Pokémon 747 aircraft by Boeing.[16] Jigglypuff appeared on the starboard nose of the original white 1998 aircraft, and above the starboard wing of the 1999 blue aircraft. Jigglypuff was also on the nose of the international version of the plane.[17] Model-sized versions of all the Pokémon aircraft have also been made.[18] Jigglypuff has been made into several different toy and plush forms, as well as other items. These include, a four-inch action figure by Tomy Toys, small beanbag plush toy by Hasbro[19], a Halloween costume by Disguise Costumes, a six-inch plush "Christmas Jigglypuff", and an articulated action figure also by Hasbro.[20]
[edit]Critical reception and pop culture
In January 2006, a man named Donnell Bolton on American Idol performed Jigglypuff's signature song in his audition. This shocked quite a few people, for the strangeness of the choice as well as the fact that an older person was familiar with it.[21] Another well-known use of the Jigglypuff song was in a promotional spot aired on Kids' WB! during the spring of 1999, crossing over with The New Batman Adventures, in which Tim Drake orders Batman to sing the song for him when he goes to bed.
Jigglypuff is considered one of Nintendo's mascots[22] and one of the most popular characters in the Pokémon franchise.[23] The character has seen frequent mention on CNN in context to Pokémon-based news stories as a recognizable example of a character from the series.[24][25][26]"

tl;dr- Jigglypuffhas affected the modern media.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Quoted from her site:

"Jigglypuff is often featured on products where a scene of several Pokémon are shown. An example of this is the full-sized Pokémon 747 aircraft by Boeing.[16] Jigglypuff appeared on the starboard nose of the original white 1998 aircraft, and above the starboard wing of the 1999 blue aircraft. Jigglypuff was also on the nose of the international version of the plane.[17] Model-sized versions of all the Pokémon aircraft have also been made.[18] Jigglypuff has been made into several different toy and plush forms, as well as other items. These include, a four-inch action figure by Tomy Toys, small beanbag plush toy by Hasbro[19], a Halloween costume by Disguise Costumes, a six-inch plush "Christmas Jigglypuff", and an articulated action figure also by Hasbro.[20]
[edit]Critical reception and pop culture
In January 2006, a man named Donnell Bolton on American Idol performed Jigglypuff's signature song in his audition. This shocked quite a few people, for the strangeness of the choice as well as the fact that an older person was familiar with it.[21] Another well-known use of the Jigglypuff song was in a promotional spot aired on Kids' WB! during the spring of 1999, crossing over with The New Batman Adventures, in which Tim Drake orders Batman to sing the song for him when he goes to bed.
Jigglypuff is considered one of Nintendo's mascots[22] and one of the most popular characters in the Pokémon franchise.[23] The character has seen frequent mention on CNN in context to Pokémon-based news stories as a recognizable example of a character from the series.[24][25][26]"

tl;dr- Jigglypuffhas affected the modern media.
Ya 8-10 years ago......in this current generation there is no need for "it", that's all i'm saying. When's the last time Jigglypuff was one of the characters you met in a wifi match or seen in a movie(not that I watch the movies), there is no need for the pink fluffball. I mean just look at how often Jiggly is played in this game. I honestly have never played a Jiggly main on Wifi and you hardly ever see them in tournaments. Make her an assist trophy and leave it at that.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Ya 8-10 years ago......in this current generation there is no need for "it", that's all i'm saying. When's the last time Jigglypuff was one of the characters you met in a wifi match or seen in a movie(not that I watch the movies), there is no need for the pink fluffball. I mean just look at how often Jiggly is played in this game. I honestly have never played a Jiggly main on Wifi and you hardly ever see them in tournaments. Make her an assist trophy and leave it at that.
POKEBALL, n00B!

Nah, she's a mainstay- taking her out would be like taking Ness out.

Unless they give us another UP UNTIL NOW for Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom