• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
MasterWarlord said:
Original character > Original transformation.
Why? For the purposes of arguing which character has better chances of getting in, that's not the case. Even if Sheik, Charizard, Ivysaur, and Zero Suit Samus share character select screen blocks with someone else, they still took as much time to make as every other character in the game.

Also, Team Rocket's still around in the anime. Almost every episode, they're still up to their old tricks. Or at least, I think this is the case, but I haven't actually watched Pokemon since 2007, so...

And seriously: Brawl has 39 characters. The number of blocks on the select screen isn't an accurate gauge. Melee had 26, and Brawl has 39. This is fact. Sakurai said it. And so on and so on.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I don't mean Jessie, James, and Meowth by Team Rocket. I mean the full blown organization, mainly Giovanni though.

Even if Mario doesn't get a new represenative, it'd be blasphemey for Pokemon to be contained to four character select blocks for so long. Mario has 6 blocks with Wario and Yoshi, who should be counted. Pokemon needs an additional character more then Mario does at this point due to character viability/demand for the actual individual characters rather then the series themselves.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Even if Mario doesn't get a new represenative, it'd be blasphemey for Pokemon to be contained to four character select blocks for so long. Mario has 6 blocks with Wario and Yoshi, who should be counted. Pokemon needs an additional character more then Mario does at this point due to character viability/demand for the actual individual characters rather then the series themselves.
Sounds like Mewtwo bias to me :/

There's nothing wrong with that, but it sounds like you're starting to say that character popularity is more important than "representation balance". ARE YOU BREAKING THE SACRED RULES?!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Special Moves

Neutral B - Orb of Tornami

Omi has an affinity for the water element, so naturally, this water-producing Shen Gong Wu is one he uses quite often. When you press the B button, Omi will whip out the blue orb and hold it in front of himself. This attack charges in the exact same way Samus' Charge Shot does: one tap of the button will cause the Orb of Tornami to automatically store up power (indicated by a increasingly rapid pulsating blue glow) and shielding during the charging animation will cancel it and save your power. If you immediately tap the B button after the first input (or use this attack in midair without a stored charge), the Orb will open up slightly and release a small puff of steam the size of Kirby. This puff shoots forward directly in front of Omi with little lag and stays in place wherever it was released for about two seconds before dissipating. While it does no damage or knockback, the steam will cancel out any energy-based projectiles it comes into contact with. In addition, any foes that come into contact with the steam puff will have their movement speed, aerial momentum, and attack speed cut in half for as long as they're touching it. So when you're in a tight spot, use this quick steam attack to block a projectile or slow down your opponent's approach. There's little ending lag, so you should sneak in a fast counterattack, especially if your opponent is recovering towards the ledge.

If you wait one or two seconds before pressing B after the first input, instead of a small puff of steam, the Orb of Tornami will release a deluge of water, not unlike Squirtle's Water Gun. It also functions quite similarly to that move, with similar range, knockback, and lag, and does a maximum of 12% damage to any foes that you hit. If you let the Orb of Tornami charge to full power (which takes about three seconds) and either let the power automatically save or relase it by pressing B, the water will change into a steady, forward-shooting stream of ice! The range of this attack is similar to a fully charged Water Gun, but instead of doing knockback, any foes that come into contact with the blast of ice will be frozen solid and have a harder time escape the more damage they have. In addition, they'll receive 15% damage. So, depending on whether you want to keep your opponents away from you or completely disable them, be sure to plan accordingly and charge up the Orb of Tornami with the appropriate amount of power. It's quite a versatile tool.

Up B - Mantis Flip Coin

This special coin allows its holder to perform extreme acrobatic leaps, so Omi utilizes it for recovery purposes! Omi starts this move by quickly pulling out the coin and flipping it, resulting in a split second of lag. He instantly follows up by catching it in midair while simultaneously performing a leaping somersault forward. Omi continues to somersault while flying in a path similar to Mario's Super Jump Punch in angle and length, but in a graceful arc. In addition, pressing the A button during the somersault will cause Omi to perform a flying kick at the end of the arc (similar to Diddy's Monkey Flip), dealing 7% damage and average knockback. Omi does not enter helpless state after using this move, so you can use your midair jump and aerial attacks, but you can't pull out the Coin again until you land on the ground.

Down B - Two-Ton Tunic

This magical clothing item renders its wearer impervious to attacks and adds a few extra tons to their weight! When you input the command for this move, the tunic (in its regular, non-armor state) will appear on Omi, but after a second, it will flash and expand into a bulky breastplate (unfortunately, it's a little big for Omi). Naturally, an armored tunic of this size will severely hamper Omi's movement; he'll be unable to dash, shield, roll, grab edges, or perform any other attacks while wearing the Tunic and his walking speed is additionally cut in half. What's the use of this move, then? Well, Omi's weight is also substantially multiplied; he's as heavy as he would be if he picked up a Metal Box. Physical attacks can damage Omi, but he won't flinch in the slightest. In addition, any projectiles that hit him will harmlessly bounce off. Omi's still able to jump forwards, backwards, or straight up at the normal height, but since he weighs so much, his falling speed is drastically increased and when he lands on the ground with a crash that creates a small shockwave that only hits and flinches opponents directly next to Omi and deals 5% damage. Any foe that Omi hits while falling down suffers 15% damage and high knockback. Pulling out the Tunic in midair is another way to go on the offensive with this move. Beware, though; Omi is not immune to grabs while wearing the Tunic. You can manually remove the Tunic by pressing Down B again or you can wait five seconds for it to disappear on its own; regardless, Omi suffers from about a second's worth of ending lag. Use this Wu when you're feeling bold...but be careful about using this over the edge!

Side B - Lunar Locket

This special Wu is more than just a charming accessory. Its wielder is imbued with the power to control...the moon itself! No, it's not a joke. Omi holds the Locket out in front of himself and after a second, the full moon will come flying down in a straight path from the top of the stage about half a platform's length behind Omi's position and hit the ground roughly a platform's length in front of him. The moon is roughly 1.5x the size of Bowser and descends from the top of the stage at the same speed as the lightning bolt of Pikachu's Thunder. Any opponents hit by the moon on its flight path will take 18% damage and be sent flying upwards with high knockback. The moon always comes from the ceiling of the stage and disappears as soon as it makes contact with the ground or a platform, but otherwise, it'll keep going (Omi is vulnerable to attack until the moon disappears; if this happens, it vanishes automatically). You might be able to score some KOs from the top of the screen if you have good aim! However, smart opponents might take defensive measures as soon as you pull out the Locket. Only one moon can be on the screen at a time, but you can still summon it even if there's already a moon in the background of the stage. Perhaps it's just a replica...?

Standard Attacks

Standard Combo -

Since he's spent his entire life training in martial arts at a temple, Omi must have some serious fighting skills, right? With one press of A, Omi takes a quick jab at the opponent with his right fist. This punch does 2% damage and is nearly lagless on both ends, though it does very little knockback and has limited range. However, a second press of A causes Omi to instantly move in a quick blur to the other side of the opponent while they are stunned by the first jab! From this position, Omi quickly delivers a stronger punch for 4% damage and moderate, diagonally upward knockback. You can finish the combo here, on the other side of the opponent from which you started...or you can press A again to reclaim your starting position! Omi once again instantly moves in a quick blur to reappear right next to the foe on the other side and deliver a midair kick while they are stunned by the second punch. This kick does 4% damage and moderate knockback and has a tiny bit of ending lag as Omi lands on the ground. Use the two variations of this quick combo to control your opponent's position and gain the upper hand!

Forward Tilt -

This is first of Omi's attacks to utilize his Wudai Weapon, the Shimo Staff. It's a little shape-shifting rod made of solid water...or is it ice? No one's really sure. When executed normally, Omi swiftly pokes his opponent with his little stick for 5% damage and low knockback. This happens with low start and ending lag, but only has the range of Pikachu's Forward Tilt. However, when if you hold the A button just a little more than normal, Omi's stick gets really long! The Shimo Staff will extend to the length of a Battlefield platform and do 9% with moderate knockback. However, there's twice as much ending lag since the Staff has to retract, and keep in mind that this attack only damages as the Staff extends. You have a choice between speed and range with this move; assess the battlefield and choose wisely.

Down Tilt -

Omi uses the Shimo Staff once again for this attack. This time, though, it transforms into a mace! (It's a lot bigger than the one pictured.) He turns on his heel and swings the mace a in a low, sweeping circle around himself. This attack covers both sides of Omi and takes as long as Yoshi's Down Tilt. It does 8% damage with slightly upward moderate knockback and comes out quickly, but comes with some slight lag at the end as Omi regains his footing.

Smash Attacks

Forward Smash -

It's here that Omi's skills as a water manipulator really get to shine! During the charging animation of this attack, Omi enters a stance similar to Lucario's as he performs Aura Sphere, except for rather than Aura, Omi concentrates a swirling ball of water between his hands as small ribbons of water gradually join with it and cause it to grow. When Omi unleashes the move, the ball of water launches forward and turns into a giant water fist! The fist is the hitbox of the move and is the size of Omi himself. Any foes in the way get hit with up to 23% damage and high horizontal knockback. The fist reaches as far as Ike's Forward Smash and does the most damage and knockback at the very front. However, there is some slight lag at the beginning of the move due to the animation, and a bit of ending lag as the fist dissolves into little droplets.

Aerial Attacks

Neutral Aerial -

Omi pulls out the Shimo Staff once again, which elongates to twice his body length. Holding it vertically to his side (so that it's either facing the screen or the background), he twirls it around extremely rapidly for about a second. This attack hits multiple times and pulls any foes that get hit by it towards Omi for maximum damage. At most, it'll do 15% damage, and the final hit sends foes flying diagonally with moderate knockback. This move starts and ends promptly, has little landing lag and decptive range, so use it to intercept your opponents in mid-air!

Forward Aerial -

Could this be...another Shimo Staff attack? Indeed! This time, it takes the form of two small sickles. Omi quickly slashes vertically in front of himself with both at the same time. It'll do 10% damage and moderate horizontal knockback, in addition to having about the same speed and range as Marth's Forward Aerial (with average ending lag). Does this attack do anything else special? Not really, but it makes for a fine approaching move. Why not use it often in battle?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Despite Mario being a more deserving series, Pokemon has more deserving individual characters to join. Pokemon is still the second most important franchise, so it's exactly a huge stretch of the imagination.

Now answer the question. Please direct me to a Mario character that deserves to be in more then Mewtwo or Lucario. I dare you.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Despite Mario being a more deserving series, Pokemon has more deserving individual characters to join. Pokemon is still the second most important franchise, so it's exactly a huge stretch of the imagination.

Now answer the question. Please direct me to a Mario character that deserves to be in more then Mewtwo or Lucario. I dare you.
OSHI- WE'RE SERIOUS NOW

There is no question, therefore, I am unable to answer.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Metroid has two characters. There really aren't any major Mario characters yet to get in the game, and personally I think I like the Mario roster as is.

Though saying Pokemon is the secondmost important franchise is...well, it's blasphemy! It's up there in the top 5 (or even top 3), but Zelda comes before Pokemon. The only reason Pokemon's really up there is because of how well it sells, so...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Metroid has two characters. There really aren't any major Mario characters yet to get in the game, and personally I think I like the Mario roster as is.

Though saying Pokemon is the secondmost important franchise is...well, it's blasphemy! It's up there in the top 5 (or even top 3), but Zelda comes before Pokemon. The only reason Pokemon's really up there is because of how well it sells, so...
Let's just say that Pokemon is the second best-selling franchise, and leave it at that. :)

And MasterWarlord, when we start getting serious over opinions, I think we should step back a little and look at the big picture. Smash has always been, and will probably continue to be, unpredictable. We can't really start talking in absolutes and following 'patterns'. As said earlier, there are no rules.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
flyinfilipino said:
As said earlier, there are no rules.
Ah, but there are precedents we can use to guess about things.

Stuff like...

1. Hero > Sidekick > Villain
2. WTF Retro Character based on old hardware

...There are others, but you get the idea. But you are right: no matter how much we argue here, it's a given that SSB4 will still surprise us. And we'll be ticked off because Sakurai added Bubbles, and disappointed that Simon Belmont Krystal didn't get in...but we'll get over it.

Hopefully everyone here is aware of this fact. It doesn't make debating endlessly like this any less fun, but it's good to keep things in perspective somewhere in your subconscious.

EDIT - Oh, and Pokemon is Ninty's highest-selling franchise. It's like their Dragon Quest.

Teh Squadala of Dinner

Smash Rookie
I'll post something out of this discussion, ok?

Mario Series:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi
Bowser Jr./Dark Mario

LoZ:

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Midna (no, not on top on Wolf Link! Only if its made of data)
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Vaati (the small one)

DK:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Metroid:

Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Any character EXCLUDING RIDLEY!

Starfox:

Fox
Falco (new moveset, please...)
Wolf
Krystal

Paper Mario:

Blumiere (Count Bleck)

Animal Crossing:

Tom Nook

Warioland/Warioware:

Wario
Dr. Cryggor
That one guy they mentioned in other posts sorry I can't emember

Fire Emblem:

Ike
Marth
Myrrh
New gen. FE Character

Yoshi's Island:

Yoshi
Birdo (lol I dunno if she's from the yoshi series)

Pokemon:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Meowth
Lucario
Pkmn Trainer (I think at least Charizard should stay)
Mewtwo ( I want him cuz I never were able to get him in Melee)
Garvedoir or Gallade

Kid Icarius:

Pit
The Eggplant Wizard would be cool but I don't see him making it

Kirby:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero:

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroth

Earthbound/Mother

Ness
Lucas

Old Series

R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

Others:

Hans
Olimar

Guests:

Anyone they want! As long as there's NO. SONIC. CHARACTERS. NO. MORE. SONIC'S. AUTODIRECTED. SPIN. THATS. CHEAP.:mad:

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
That's...a terrible list. Granted, you have the best reason ever for wanting Mewtwo back, but...Count Bleck? Myrrh? Gallade? Crygor?

Hell, I don't even know who "Hans" is. And coming from me, that's saying something.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Ah, but there are precedents we can use to guess about things.

Stuff like...

1. Hero > Sidekick > Villain
2. WTF Retro Character based on old hardware
1. I don't think this is true, but rather a big coincidence. If you recall, the "poll" was done after the Brawl roster was finalized. One can also infer that most of the roster additions like Diddy, Wolf, Pit, etc. were based on the MELEE "poll". Also, Sakurai mentioned (I believe) that he did not know that Krystal existed until he took requests. Therefore, she was not added despite the high demand for her.

Besides, Melee kinda debunks this. The first two Zelda characters to appear on the roster are Link and Zelda. A while back, we made the assumption that the order was Hero > Sidekick > Villain > Girl. Despite that Sheik was revealed before Zelda, her appearance was made known before the villain, Ganondorf, appeared.

2. I don't think being retro is the requirement for being a WTF character. Arguably, Ness or Captain Falcon can be considered the WTF character of SSB. However, their last games were released, at most, five years before SSB.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
For all those unnecessary extraneous characters, you couldn't add anyone to the Kirby roster...

*shun*

But seriously... Odd Pokemon choices, and um... If anyone gets in from Paper Mario, don't you think it would be Paper Mario??

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
1. I don't think this is true, but rather a big coincidence. If you recall, the "poll" was done after the Brawl roster was finalized. One can also infer that most of the roster additions like Diddy, Wolf, Pit, etc. were based on the MELEE "poll". Also, Sakurai mentioned (I believe) that he did not know that Krystal existed until he took requests. Therefore, she was not added despite the high demand for her.

Besides, Melee kinda debunks this. The first two Zelda characters to appear on the roster are Link and Zelda. A while back, we made the assumption that the order was Hero > Sidekick > Villain > Girl. Despite that Sheik was revealed before Zelda, her appearance was made known before the villain, Ganondorf, appeared.
Who says that "sidekick" can't be a girl? Link's the main protagonist, Zelda's the helper/sidekick/leading NPC, and Ganon's the villain. Fox is the hero, Falco's the sidekick, and Wolf is the villain. Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo. Mario, Luigi, Bowser (and Peach). Kirby, Dedede and Meta-Knight (neither are really "villains" 100% of the time, but meh). Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong.

Even if it is somehow a coincidence, we don't know for sure. So that said, we have to take it at face value, which means assuming that the order of addition is going to stay roughly the same as it already has. Hero > Sidekick > Villain.

2. I don't think being retro is the requirement for being a WTF character. Arguably, Ness or Captain Falcon can be considered the WTF character of SSB. However, their last games were released, at most, five years before SSB.
Well, yeah. It's a more recent trend, but I still expect the WTF character to be related to old Ninty hardware for SSB4.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Here's my character wish list (this is how it's REALLY done)
First, I'll start by giving most franchises that aren't old or one timed, or just don't have that many characters, at least three reps. And then go on from there

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Geno
Waluigi

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Vaati

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool

Wario:
Wario
Captain Syrup
Kat & Ana

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (This time, it's Gold with 2nd gen reps, Totodile, Bayleef, and Typhlosion)
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Lucario
(The trick is getting at least one rep from every gen lol)

Metroid:
Samus/Zamus
Ridley

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Hector
Sigurd

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Pit
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Balloon Fighter
Little Mac
Mrs. Game & Watch (the WTF character lol)

Mother:
Ness
Lucas
The Masked Boy
Paula

Other:
Olimar
Captain Rainbow
Ray (Custom Robo)
Issac (Golden sun)
Lip
A more humanized Mii

Third party
Sonic
Pac Man
Mega Man
Banjo Kazooie

(IMO, Snake shouldn't be in because Konami doesn't care for Nintendo. >_>)

Huff, finally, I'm done! Exactly 64 characters (not counting transformations and PT's Pokemon) too since Nintendo loves that number apperantly.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
WOO FOR BANJO-KAZOOIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You, sir, are the gratest person in the universe, hands down.
Except for whoever came up with Banjo-Kazooie.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
First, I'll start by giving most franchises that aren't old or one timed, or just don't have that many characters, at least three reps. And then go on from there

Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Geno
Waluigi

Zelda:
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Vaati

DK:
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Dixie Kong
King K.Rool

Wario:
Wario
Captain Syrup
Kat & Ana

Pokemon:
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Pokemon Trainer (This time, it's Gold with 2nd gen reps, Totodile, Bayleef, and Typhlosion)
Mewtwo
Deoxys
Lucario
(The trick is getting at least one rep from every gen lol)

Metroid:
Samus/Zamus
Ridley

F-Zero:
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow

Kirby:
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

Starfox:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Krystal

Fire Emblem:
Marth
Ike
Hector
Sigurd

Retro:
Ice Climbers
Pit
R.O.B.
Mr. Game and Watch
Balloon Fighter
Little Mac
Mrs. Game & Watch (the WTF character lol)

Mother:
Ness
Lucas
The Masked Boy
Paula

Other:
Olimar
Captain Rainbow
Ray (Custom Robo)
Issac (Golden sun)
Lip
A more humanized Mii

Third party
Sonic
Pac Man
Mega Man
Banjo Kazooie

(IMO, Snake shouldn't be in because Konami doesn't care for Nintendo. >_>)

Huff, finally, I'm done! Exactly 64 characters (not counting transformations and PT's Pokemon) too since Nintendo loves that number apperantly.
Things in red are either not going to happen or just bad ideas. Yellow is a possibility, but not a certainty.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Its all about Mudkip, bayleaf(or its 2nd evolved form, escaping me atm) and blaziken for next gen poke trainer.

Oh, and paper mario would be win, he'd be similiar to gnw :O

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Remind me as to why Captain Syrup is a bad idea?
Nobody know who she is(?). I'd definitely feel differently if she does much of anything in Shake It!, but if not, well...she's a villain from a series of games that are around a decade old.

And not even a particularly good villain, at that. This is just my feeling on it: there really aren't any worthwhile Wario characters besides Wario himself. None of the Made in Wario characters really stand out from the rest of them, and the Wario Land games are 1) really old and not popular and 2) lacking in any real characters besides the main one.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I love how you make Bowser Jr. Yellow while you have no objections to the masked boy, Mendez.

Pokemon is the second most iconic and well known, while being the MOST popular and selling the most units. Putting it behind after besides Mario is blasphemey. Zelda also has no good characters to add to the series while Pokemon is begging for Lucario and Mewtwo in the 5th slot.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
A... semi-decent character set? Awesome! Here's my take.

I'll post something out of this discussion, ok?

Mario Series:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Waluigi

No way. Ever. Waluigi has never been in a game outside the failure sports games. Maybe when he gets his own game.

Bowser Jr./Dark Mario

Even though Mario is in dire need of more villain representation, I still prefer the Baby Mario Bros. over Bowser Jr. Playing as Mario and Luigi on a team, and maybe using a moveset that incorporates the Mario Bros.'s hammers... that would be awesome!

LoZ:

Link
Zelda/Sheik
Ganondorf
Toon Link

Decloned, of course.

Midna (no, not on top on Wolf Link! Only if its made of data)

Really, this will never happen. Though I'm not opposed to seeing Midna (despite that if she did appear, I want to see her on the wolf), unless she gets in another Zelda game, it isn't going to happen.

Toon Zelda/Tetra

No. Toon Link is pushing it. And really, we need more villains...

Vaati (the small one)

Alright! Vaati's pretty cool.

DK:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Metroid:

Samus/ Zero Suit Samus
Any character EXCLUDING RIDLEY!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?! Ridley is the most important character in the Metroid series outside of Samus. Ridley has been in every Metroid game. And don't you dare say he's to big. Bowser was scaled down a lot. Hell, even look at the Melee opening, or the original Metroid. Ridely was Samus' size in those.

Starfox:

Fox
Falco (new moveset, please...)
Wolf
Krystal

Krystal's a bit iffy. I really, really want her in, but unless Star Fox gets another super-mega-blockbuster game, the series won't be getting a new rep anytime soon.

Paper Mario:

Blumiere (Count Bleck)

Only in one game. Not only that, but he's also only in Super Paper Mario which is the most critically panned game.

Aren't you forgetting somebody. Like, say, PAPER MARIO? Plenty of good movesets have been made up for him. A partner swap system, b-moves that use his partners... all of them have been completely badass.

Animal Crossing:

Tom Nook

No comment. You'd think people would have read the thread by now.

Warioland/Warioware:

Wario
Dr. Cryggor
That one guy they mentioned in other posts sorry I can't emember

Obviously, you've never actually played WarioLand. Captain Syrup has an infinately more chance that Crygor.

Fire Emblem:

Ike
Marth
Myrrh

Who?

New gen. FE Character

Yoshi's Island:

Yoshi
Birdo (lol I dunno if she's from the yoshi series)

I'm pretty sure that Birdo was originally Mario. Anyway, Birdo just hasn't been a very good character from the start. Not only that, but bringing Birdo into the spotlight will bring a ****storm over Nintendo because she's the first transexual video game character.

Pokemon:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Meowth

Meowth really isn't that popular anymore. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Lucario
Pkmn Trainer (I think at least Charizard should stay)
Mewtwo ( I want him cuz I never were able to get him in Melee)
Garvedoir or Gallade

GARVEDOIR IS REALLY NOT THAT GOOD.

That said, we need a second Pokemon Trainer. Blaziken, Piplup, and grass-type fifth gen rep, amirite?

Kid Icarius:

Pit
The Eggplant Wizard would be cool but I don't see him making it

Exactly. He won't make it.

Kirby:

Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede

F-Zero:

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Actually, I could go for Blood Falcon as well. Hopefully he'll inhert Ganon's moveset, which will finally give the big guy a sword!

Earthbound/Mother

Ness
Lucas

Old Series

R.O.B
Mr. Game and Watch
Ice Climbers

Others:

Hans

Who?

Olimar

We need some Advanced Wars. Also, Isaac, Ray 01, and Captain Rainbow would be awesome.

Guests:

Anyone they want! As long as there's NO. SONIC. CHARACTERS. NO. MORE. SONIC'S. AUTODIRECTED. SPIN. THATS. CHEAP.:mad:

Sorry, but Sonic is guarunteed. So is Snake. I'm hoping for Megaman, Simon Belmont, and MAYBE Bomberman. The latter probably won't make it, though.

Banjo-Kazooie would be epic, if Rare would let him in.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Mrs. Game & Watch
LOL WTF LOL!

I love how you make Bowser Jr. Yellow while you have no objections to the masked boy, Mendez.

Pokemon is the second most iconic and well known, while being the MOST popular and selling the most units. Putting it behind after besides Mario is blasphemey. Zelda also has no good characters to add to the series while Pokemon is begging for Lucario and Mewtwo in the 5th slot.
Blasphemy.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Baby Mario Bros' only chance in hell is being a second Yoshi character, and if anybody from Yoshi gets in it's Kamek. The Baby Mario Bros. have far more haters then fans, and the only thing they really have going for them is partners in time. Suggesting their inclusion is a blasphemous statement. Nay, madness! Nay. . .

SPARTAAAAAA!

You DARE blaspheme the facts? The burden of proof is on YOU to prove that those facts are not true, Filipino!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

Little Mac
The Masked Boy
Captain Rainbow
Mega Man
Banjo Kazooie

Can we say "GAME OF THE FOREVER"? Take out Pac-Man (ugh...) and put Snake back in (except nerfed a little, jah?), and we have a winner. Little Mac and Masked Man (<333) make me happy, and it's great to see Capt. Rainbow getting some love. Mega Man is great, and B-K just makes my fanboyish heart sing. :bigthumbu

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Bah. Baby Mario Bros. would be epic, still. I know that they don't stand much of a chance, but Kamek definately won't make it either because he's just a generic enemy.

Of course, I wouldn't mind seeing Kamek in. It would just open the floodgates for Goombas, and Koopa Troopas though. And I don't want that.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
don't You Dare Try To Put Everything In Spoilers Like I Do!

You Keep Spelling It Wrong And I Was Getting Irked.

don't You Dare
you Dare Question My Use Of Spoilers?

Comparing Kamek to generic koopa troopas and goombas is no better then comparing the baby bros to Toads. At least Kamek has dialouge.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well, there aren't any more Mother games coming out, and I think he's the best chance the series would have for a third rep. Plus Bowser Jr. was in two games of note.

I agree he's got a chance, but I think there are better choices *coughpapermariobabymariobroscough*

Pokemon is the second most iconic and well known, while being the MOST popular and selling the most units.
But it's not as good. :ohwell:

And don't go tellin' me that's subjective and stuff. Go look up review scores for Pokemon and Zelda games, or even better yet, ask yourself if you can stand to play the same game over again with 150 more critters to collect again.

Zelda also has no good characters to add to the series while Pokemon is begging for Lucario and Mewtwo in the 5th slot.
Vaati and Tingle. I REST MY CASE :chuckle:

Let's see...other miscellaneous things:

1. 300 was a dumb movie.

2. Totally with SkylerOcon on the Baby Mario Bros. thing. Kamek is a magic Koopa Troopa, nothing more. At least the Baby Mario Bros. have Yoshi's Island, Partners in Time, and Yoshi's Island 2. Technically they were in Yoshi's Touch n' Go and Topsy Turvy too, but not to any great extent. Not to mention all the 'Sports games they were in.

3. BANJO-KAZOOIE IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

EDIT - No, not in that style. Having specific portraits wouldn't be a bad thing, like how in most 2D fighting games, there's a hand-drawn portrait in the background, and the actual sprite of the fighter you've got highlighted...

But not just those images in the little squares. Plus, with around 50 characters, you'd need a huge-a** TV to be able to see all that detail.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Vaati won't appear in any more Zelda games and Tingle is hated in Japan, but I assume that was a joke anyway. Baby Mario Bros. have no chance for reasons I've already stated. Paper Mario is the best choice for a Mario character IMHO, even if I'd rather have Jr. Masked Boy is a fine choice for a 3rd mother character, the thing is, who says Mother will get a 3rd character? I find the very idea apalling when the SSB4 roster will probably only have 50 slots.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Vaati won't appear in any more Zelda games and Tingle is hated in Japan, but I assume that was a joke anyway.
Why won't Vaati appear again? He was the villain for the entire GBA era of Zelda. Plus, he's ballin'.

And I'm not joking about Tingle. He's hated in America, not Japan. But he's the only Zelda character to have his own game, and to be featured so heavily in the games he does appear in.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
That was a typo on my part about Tingle being hated in Japan, sorry. I actually was thinking you were joking about BOTH characters. Most Zelda fans would take an original moveset Ganondorf over a fifth Zelda insignificant Zelda character any day. I'm actually a fan of Vaati, but Nintendo doesn't like to make recurring characters in the Zelda series for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom