• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SirKibble said:
A piece of me dies every time someone suggests that...
Lucas' can actually KO, that's all.

Frogsterking said:
I see, thanks. On other forums you could do that as long as the second post was unrelated to the first. I'll stop doing that.
Don't sweat it man. Everybody had to adjust to this place at one time.

If you want to say something else, but nobody else's posted yet, just use the "Edit" button at the bottom of your post, and put that extra thought in there.

Who else would you suggest?
VIEWTIFULJOESIMONBELMONTSIMONBELMONTSIMONBELMONTSIMONBELMONTVIEWTIFULJOESIMONBELMONT

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Toad is the only other Mario character not on the roster that is somewhat significant, I believe. Apart from MAYYBBEEE nutella or whatever the fairy godmother from Mario Galaxy was called.

As for Zelda's DownB, it would have been nice to see her use that sword of hers. I mean, it WAS a pretty significant part of the battle with her.

Sheik's (deku) nuts are already utilized in the Vanish. If it wasn't, a stun like ZSS D-smash would have been perfect for her since she has no POWERFUL KO moves. She apparently has a dagger in Brawl. I don't see the point in having a dagger if she never uses it.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
And I see now no King Boo/Petey Piranha. Who else would you suggest?
I wouldn't add anyone else, really. However, other people will argue that character representation needs to correlate with game sales, so series like Mario and Pokemon and Zelda need to keep having more characters. Whatever floats your boat I guess.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Toad is the only other Mario character not on the roster that is somewhat significant, I believe. Apart from MAYYBBEEE nutella or whatever the fairy godmother from Mario Galaxy was called.

As for Zelda's DownB, it would have been nice to see her use that sword of hers. I mean, it WAS a pretty significant part of the battle with her.

Sheik's (deku) nuts are already utilized in the Vanish. If it wasn't, a stun like ZSS D-smash would have been perfect for her since she has no POWERFUL KO moves. She apparently has a dagger in Brawl. I don't see the point in having a dagger if she never uses it.
I have a hard time with Toad being a playable character, since he's not a major character just a common species that populate the Mario Universe. And your thinking of Rosalina. If another Mario character were to be added I'd say King Boo/Petey Piranha but that was shot down pretty quick.

If Zelda were to use a Sword, I'd say maybe change some tilts/smashes instead, unless its a reflector or something. But I think her magic attacks are fine as it is.

I'm sure Shiek wouldn't mind using the Deku multiple ways.

Draconian

Smash Cadet
I think a second, alternative Pokemon trainer would be cool. One that uses a Mudkip, Grovile, and Blaziken. Same-ish as the first Pokemon trainer, but subtly different... like Lucas-Ness and Fox-Falco.
Some more DK characters (Lanky, Chunky).
Another expansion is we could bring in Krystal from Star Fox.
A more non-linear 1st player campaign.
And lastly, maybe, just maybe... another dual character. Like an alternative Ice Climbers. I dunno who though.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
PK Fire --> Grab --> F/B-Throw --> KO

See? Ness' can KO, too. :chuckle:.
It's called Directional Influence. :p :p :p :p

I also prefer Lucas's PKF just because it's such a good spacing tool both on the ground and air. Ness's is more of a nuisance but it's still useful.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
It's called Directional Influence. :p :p :p :p
Pfffft!

You can almost always get a grab in easily before someone can DI out of the flames. At least, at moderate to low percentages. And even at higher ones for some characters.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Sonic should definitely be changed some for the next game. He uses too many spinning attacks and has NO attacks from Sonic Battle. And he needs a new Side-B, definitely. (This is coming from a die-hard Sonic fan, btw, who also enjoys playing him in Brawl)

The idea of a second Pokemon Trainer I really dislike. It would really take away Pokemon Trainer's appeal as a unique character and no generations really deserve a starter trio to be playable as much as the first anyway. Instead, I think that Pokemon Trainer should stick to his generic name and SWITCH THE TRAINER FOR THE OTHER COSTUMES. WHY didn't they do that, exactly? At the VERY least he should have costumes for the female FRLG trainer (Leaf), and preferably he should include a bunch of different trainers (the FRLG Rival (Blue) especially). And if they want to stay lazy and keep him with one trainer, at LEAST call him by his official name (Red) so we don't have people walking around calling him Ash, PLEASE. >_<

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Aside from the addition of Trainer alts. for Pokemon Trainer, there are three things that need to be improved.

1. No tiring out.
2. Improved in general. Can't say for sure what though.
3. Simultaneous returning and swapping Pokemon.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
The Final Countdown is now playing in your head.
Sonic should definitely be changed some for the next game. He uses too many spinning attacks and has NO attacks from Sonic Battle. And he needs a new Side-B, definitely. (This is coming from a die-hard Sonic fan, btw, who also enjoys playing him in Brawl)

The idea of a second Pokemon Trainer I really dislike. It would really take away Pokemon Trainer's appeal as a unique character and no generations really deserve a starter trio to be playable as much as the first anyway. Instead, I think that Pokemon Trainer should stick to his generic name and SWITCH THE TRAINER FOR THE OTHER COSTUMES. WHY didn't they do that, exactly? At the VERY least he should have costumes for the female FRLG trainer (Leaf), and preferably he should include a bunch of different trainers (the FRLG Rival (Blue) especially). And if they want to stay lazy and keep him with one trainer, at LEAST call him by his official name (Red) so we don't have people walking around calling him Ash, PLEASE. >_<
Isn't her name Green though? And it makes me lol when people say Ash or Team Rocket will get in Smash for sure.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Isn't her name Green though? And it makes me lol when people say Ash or Team Rocket will get in Smash for sure.
I don't know for sure. She's called Green over here, but she's called Blue in Japan. This is because there was original Red and Green. Blue came later and then Yellow came.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
1. Zelda won't be using a sword. It was in one game, and that wasn't even Zelda.

2. What ducky said (about PK Fire)

3. Charizard's the only PKMN that really needs some buffs. His Uair and Usmash stink, he really lacks killing moves for such a big, heavy guy, and he needs a lot more priority in the air. Most people that "play" as him end up trying to spam Rock Smash, which is easy to avoid if you know it's coming.

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
I don't know for sure. She's called Green over here, but she's called Blue in Japan. This is because there was original Red and Green. Blue came later and then Yellow came.
Wiki says Green, and I believe so too. I remember her also getting called Leaf and Blue, but Blue is Red's rival, according to Pokemon Adventures.

Unless you're talking about the games, that is. The Manga calls the girl Green/Leaf, and Red's rival Blue.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Wiki says Green, and I believe so too. I remember her also getting called Leaf and Blue, but Blue is Red's rival, according to Pokemon Adventures.

Unless you're talking about the games, that is. The Manga calls the girl Green/Leaf, and Red's rival Blue.
In the U.S., the rival is officially Blue because of the games being Red and Blue, but since the two and Red and Green in Japan the rival's name in Green. Some people think that the name ma have been retconned to how it is in Japan because of the new games being FireRed and LeafGreen. We likely will never know unless they make a Gold/Silver remake.

Leaf is what the female trainer is called ingame in a debug mode where the male protagonist is called Red, which he is officially since GSC. In the comics the female third trainer is referred to as Green in the U.S. and Blue in Japan.

Anyway, back on some sort of topic: the main thing they should fix in SSB4 is the loading times. The loading in Brawl has given me SO much grief as of lately. >_<

FAILchion-

OH HE'S SO PRINGLES
In the U.S., the rival is officially Blue because of the games being Red and Blue, but since the two and Red and Green in Japan the rival's name in Green. Some people think that the name ma have been retconned to how it is in Japan because of the new games being FireRed and LeafGreen. We likely will never know unless they make a Gold/Silver remake.

Leaf is what the female trainer is called ingame in a debug mode where the male protagonist is called Red, which he is officially since GSC. In the comics the female third trainer is referred to as Green in the U.S. and Blue in Japan.

Anyway, back on some sort of topic: the main thing they should fix in SSB4 is the loading times. The loading in Brawl has given me SO much grief as of lately. >_<
In the Manga, the FireRed and LeafGreen arc is just returning to Kanto, and in the end,
Red, Blue, Green, Yellow, and Silver get turned to stone.
But yeah, there's tons of confusion between the name. But I feel safe calling the boy Blue, and the girl Green. A remake of Gold/Silver is likely, but the D/P saga in the Manga needs to finish. Besides, I'm not really sure what the storyline would be for G/S remake, let alone how they're going to finish the D/P saga, especially considering that the series is still ongoing.

SpamGuard: If any character needs a boost, it's definitely Link. Link has been faced with bottom tier three times and mid tier once. Smash 64, Soul Calibur II, and Brawl. All bottom. Link was only decent in Melee. Link is like, the Hero of Time, and yet he resides in bottom tier. He should be, at least, high tier in the next game. How, maybe making the attacks a bit faster and slightly more knockback? >_> And OoT look pl0x. :o

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
OMIGOD WHO CARES WHAT THEY'RE CALLED

...seriously. She'd be called different names depending on region. It doesn't matter at all.

The only things Link really *needs* fixed are his stupidly-bad recovery (What happened? Why would they change it from Melee?), make Spin Attack as wide as it was on the ground (in Melee), and maybe tweak a few priority/damage things. Other than that, I love the guy, and have ever since Smash 64. I've got no problems going against skilled Meta-Knight or Snake players...except for that blasted recovery.

Bomb extensions only go so far...

LSDX

Wah!
Does anyone have any actual news on a SSB4? I heard there were rumors of a new smash being made with the same engine as Brawl, but with more characters, more stages, and added Subspace Emissary. I just heard this drifting around, does anyone know anything else about this?

Also, a poll was taken sometime after Brawl's release by Nsider asking if people would buy another Smash Bros. game with more characters, stages, etc.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well, either way I'd buy it. :chuckle:

Obviously I think we'd all prefer a totally new game, with an engine made just for it (though basing it off Brawl wouldn't be a sin), but if Ninty just adds in 5-10 new characters, fixes online, buffs Stage Builder, and tweaks other minor things, they'd have me sold.

...Heck, I might be tempted to buy a copy that only added support for WiiSpeak. :crazy:

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
I always thought Zelda:

B: Light Arrow (nerfed from final smash, kind of like a projectile falcon punch)
Bv: Nayru's love
Final Smash: Wrath of the Sages/Gods (an extremely powerful magic attack kind of like the ending of ocarina of time)

No idea about a Sheik down B though

Illusive

Smash Apprentice
It fits the job of mostly useless but nostalgic move. Do you ever see falcon punch get used competitively (even in Melee)? No, because it's too slow and predictable, just like my light arrow idea.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It fits the job of mostly useless but nostalgic move. Do you ever see falcon punch get used competitively (even in Melee)? No, because it's too slow and predictable, just like my light arrow idea.
Yeah, only Light Arrows have range, so even just that makes it broken.

And in my experience, Falcon Punch can be used effectively, even at higher levels of play. It's just a matter of using it to break an opponent's rhythm, or to punish a predictable move/etc.

Before Sheik was confirmed for Brawl, a lot of people hoped that Zelda would show up by herself (I mean, Sheik wasn't in TP, right? So letting TP Zelda turn into Sheik would be stupid, right?), and the theory back then was that she'd have a moveset based on Light Arrows, her sword, and random magic.

But alas, Nintendo pulled Sheik out of their bumholes at the last minute. :urg:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
How would the Link/Alt. Link* fans feel about aimable arrows? As in you charge it and use it the same, but while charging if you move the control stick up or down you can fire the arrow in that direction? Would this throw Link out-of-balance, as in make him slightly unbalanced, or fairly (as in staying balanced) improve his game a little?

*Alt Link=Young/Toon Link

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
How would the Link/Alt. Link* fans feel about aimable arrows? As in you charge it and use it the same, but while charging if you move the control stick up or down you can fire the arrow in that direction? Would this throw Link out-of-balance, as in make him slightly unbalanced, or fairly (as in staying balanced) improve his game a little?

Well, Link and Toon Link would then have two aimable projectiles.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know. Then plus his bombs are kinda aimable seeing as he can throw them..?
Would this change make Link/Alt. Link unbalanced, or just not seem fitting?

edit: And perhaps he can't aim while in the air?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"flyinfilipino said:
Fixed. :bee:

That would be horribly cheap. Link's arrows are already one of his best moves--they don't need to be buffed. There is room for a "aim before you fire" projectile, but I think that should be saved for a new character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom