• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
That's what I was wondering--Link's playstyle doesn't exactly suit mine, so I don't use him in Brawl much (or in any other smash game). Young Link, I mained, and had fun with. But Toon Link seems different :/ Or maybe it's just Brawl's 'floatyness' but I can't play well with Toon Link like I could with Young Link--anyways, my point is that I don't play the master sword wielders in Brawl, so I wasn't sure if aimable arrows are good or not.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Everything > that stupid picture, Chief.

I think Link's moves are fine, but he'd be a lot better if he wasn't so darn slow, and got his Melee Spin Attack back.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
That would be horribly cheap. Link's arrows are already one of his best moves--they don't need to be buffed. There is room for a "aim before you fire" projectile, but I think that should be saved for a new character.
Less we forget link needs a serious buff, collectivly hes been the worst in smash bros

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Everything > that stupid picture, Chief.
I think Link's moves are fine, but he'd be a lot better if he wasn't so darn slow, and got his Melee Spin Attack back.
Agreeed

And how about getting rid of that pathetic spin attack entirely, for somthing tha can constitute for a real recovery.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
i don't know its just an idea, supposeovly there'll be a new zelda game in 2009, so maybe something from that

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
BAAAW DOUBLE POST
The edit button hates you

Separating Sheik and Zelda? That's...actually not a bad idea. I think they should still be stuck in the same character select box, but if, say, you held down the R button (like for selecting ZSS) while you picked who you were starting as, the game would take away your down B for you, leaving you with a different, character-specific attack.

Zelda Down B: Song of Time - Zelda brandishes the Ocarina of Time and plays the familiar tune (> V A, > V A), causing time to slow down (for everybody, including her) for five seconds. There's a 1 in 12 chance that time will speed up instead, though.

Sheik Down B: Deku Flash - AKA "Ninja Vanish!", Sheik tosses a small packet of powder on the ground ahead of her/him/it/potato, dizzying any enemies within the explosion's VERY specific hitbox, while leaping high into the air. No damage, but it stuns people for a second or two, and gets you out of there (the jump is as high as both of Sheik's jumps together, but she/he/it/potato can't air jump after using this). On the ground, the packet would pop in Sheik's hands, acting like a one-time only Reflector.

@Frogsterking: King Boo and Petey are not good picks. They're both just recurring bosses, but not major threats. WarioWare...I can't say: I'm not a big fan of the games, so I don't really know. Lucas has to stay though (there's really nobody else, anyways, right?).
In truth, it's actually a really bad idea.
Also, Zelda's Bown B is too powerful and Sheik's isn't useful.

Basically, what you are saying is to make a unique character not and to give two characters bad moves.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Looking through some older pages, I must write some stuff about them.
Yeah. Samus shouldn't be the only one. Speaking of which, there shouldn't be any condition that makes you Samus/Zamus.

Also, for the next adventure mode, I want this person to be the final boss:

(Damon Gant is ticked off. Also, notice the flashing buttons.)
Who is that?
Your mom.
Sorry, had to.

But seriously, who is that? Whoever it is, they're, uh... How would you say it... Scary beyond all reason?
You guys make me sick. YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED PHOENIX WRIGHT?!!

Also, Phoenix and friends for SSB4(Yes, Chief, we've seen your Phoenix Wright moveset).

Originally posted by Chief Mendez
BAAAW DOUBLE POST The edit button hates you.

Separating Sheik and Zelda? That's...actually not a bad idea. I think they should still be stuck in the same character select box, but if, say, you held down the R button (like for selecting ZSS) while you picked who you were starting as, the game would take away your down B for you, leaving you with a different, character-specific attack.

Zelda Down B: Song of Time - Zelda brandishes the Ocarina of Time and plays the familiar tune (> V A, > V A), causing time to slow down (for everybody, including her) for five seconds. There's a 1 in 12 chance that time will speed up instead, though.

This is SPARTA!!! Brawl, not American Idol.

Sheik Down B: Deku Flash - AKA "Ninja Vanish!", Sheik tosses a small packet of powder on the ground ahead of her/him/it/potato, dizzying any enemies within the explosion's VERY specific hitbox, while leaping high into the air. No damage, but it stuns people for a second or two, and gets you out of there (the jump is as high as both of Sheik's jumps together, but she/he/it/potato can't air jump after using this). On the ground, the packet would pop in Sheik's hands, acting like a one-time only Reflector.

That potato should burn in the oven a little more, because reflectors are crap.
Comments in bold.

Agi

Smash Lord
On a semi-old topic:

Separating Sheik and Zelda would be the end of both of them, and the end of me, being one of the Sheik/Zelda mains. What good is racking up all the damage if KO moves are lacking?

On the current one:

Pheonix Wright? Who's he?

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Gant can't even hold a candle to Dahlia, she's that evil.

However, maybe he can hold a candle to Manfred von Karma.
More like a tazer gun, amiright?!

Seriously, though, Manfred is more evil than him. Why? Cuz he can do this! Note: not my picture.

Of course, Kristoph stumps all three, perhaps because he can go super saiyan.

EDIT:agidius, Phoenix Wright is the most awesome lawyer you'll ever meet. Go, young one, and meet him.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I've actually heard there are fan fictions that involve Dahlia and Kristoph. Also, while Kristoph can go Super Saiyan, Dahlia can create a Magatama made of fire.

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten a chance to play the fourth game yet.

Agi

Smash Lord
Okay, what's going on here? I could have SWORN Pheonix Wright was about a lawyer guy, and now we have people that summon fire? O_o

*wikis*

darkserenade

Smash Ace
You guys are really making me want to play the PW game(s).
Good. You'll love them.
Yes, you will love them. The series includes:

a tazer loving prosecutor.
a whip loving prosecutor.
an effeminate chef.
a prosecutor with a laza on his face.
a prosecutor who sucks at his job.
a prosecutor that is the definition of bad*ss.
a lady who is the definition of bad*ss.
a rock band leader and prosecutor.
Herr Forehead.
Light Yagami. a detective who loves chocolate bites.
she'll take a potato chip... and eat it!
a detective who loves noodles.
a clone person...
a channeler defense attorney.
another channeler.
another channeler.
a magician.
a phoenix wright.

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Character List

Characters if Frogsterking made SSB4:

Mario Universe:

Mario (has a Dr. Mario costume)
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Yoshi

Pokemon Universe:

Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Pokemon Trainer
5th Gen Pokemon rep

Zelda Universe:

Link
Zelda
Shiek
Ganondorf
Vaati
WW Link

Kirby Universe:

Kirby
King Dedede
Meta-Knight

Star Fox Universe:

Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Donkey Kong Universe:

Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool

Fire Emblem Universe:

Marth
Ike
Lyn

Metroid Universe:

Samus
ZSS
Ridley

Captain Falcon Universe:

Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh

Mother Universe:

Ness
Lucas

Pikmin Universe:

Cpt. Olimar

Wario Ware Universe:

Wario

Kid Icarus Universe:

Pit

Other:

Sonic
Ice Climbers
Game and Watch
Snake
Isaac
R.O.B
Megaman
Bomberman
Ray 001 or Ray Mk 3
My latest character list. I took out Geno, I also separated Shiek and Zelda as two separate characters, were these wise? Do you think Rosalie deserves a spot? What about more pokemon? I feel like Falco should be out.

Marios My Bro

Smash Apprentice
I agree with falco being out. Maybe if they make another Star Fox game then they could put a character in his place. I still disagree with the shiek and zelda seperation. Doesnt seem right and it may even weaken the two

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
I agree with falco being out. Maybe if they make another Star Fox game then they could put a character in his place. I still disagree with the shiek and zelda seperation. Doesnt seem right and it may even weaken the two
Nobody uses them both, and it just makes two characters without a Down B move. I'm wondering if Shiek should be out, too, actually.

Agi

Smash Lord
Nobody uses them both, and it just makes two characters without a Down B move. I'm wondering if Shiek should be out, too, actually.
Click here. Now.
Sheik users (like myself) usually do use both of them, switching to Zelda when it is time to KO. Zelda without Sheik is like peanut butter without jelly. Yes, I am highly biased, but still.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Click here. Now.
Sheik users (like myself) usually do use both of them, switching to Zelda when it is time to KO. Zelda without Sheik is like peanut butter without jelly. Yes, I am highly biased, but still.
i don't know, shiek is perfectly capable of holding her own w/out zeldas help, just dont spam her kill moves and she kills at very reasonable percents. use alot of needles and tilts and save her Usmash/Dsmash/Fsmash/Bair for kills and she does fine.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Few things I'd like to see:
1. Roy replacing Ike
2. Poo replacing Lucas (I know it's not gonna happen)
3. Pokemon rep. from each generation.
4. No Wolf
5. Final smash changes listed in the following subsection
a. Ness's changed to PSI Rockin'
b. Falco's changed to an Arwing
c. Kirby's changed to Crash or Star Rod
d. Captain Falcon's changed to what it looked like in the scene where he punched ROB in the SSE
e. T-Link's changed to the Parry-impale combo he did in the Wind Waker on Ganon
6. Better music selection (more from Mother 2+Pokemon)
7. Crono
8. Water in stage builder + better stage builder overall
9. Better online capabilities specifically an "invite" option to people on your friend list.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
Sheik, OUT? Hell no!

And why separate them? Even if people don't use them both THAT much.. they are doing fine without a 4th special--and if a 4th IS needed--they get 3 more instead of one :)

plus it's unique

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
People who have never played Pheonix Wright?
*Puts on Quarantine Mask*

Okay, what's going on here? I could have SWORN Pheonix Wright was about a lawyer guy, and now we have people that summon fire? O_o

*wikis*
The first 3 are also about spirit channeling.

Devil God Tier:Dahlia,Kristoph.

High Tier:Manfred,Damon,Luke Atmey

Mid tier:Matt Engarde,Shelly D Killer

Low Tier:Ini Mini,Red White.

Bottom Tier:EVERYONE ELSE

Frogsterking

Smash Journeyman
Click here. Now.
I know there are some people who use them both...

Sheik, OUT? Hell no!

And why separate them? Even if people don't use them both THAT much.. they are doing fine without a 4th special--and if a 4th IS needed--they get 3 more instead of one

plus it's unique
I guess your right, I'll unseparate them.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
The numbers are growing. There are not many left that only use Zelda or Sheik. If anything, the percentage of Zelda converts is less than the percentage of Sheik converts (Zelda to Sheik), myself included.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People who have never played Pheonix Wright?
*Puts on Quarantine Mask*

The first 3 are also about spirit channeling.

Devil God Tier:Dahlia,Kristoph.

High Tier:Manfred,Damon,Luke Atmey

Mid tier:Matt Engarde,Shelly D Killer

Low Tier:Ini Mini,Red White.

Bottom Tier:EVERYONE ELSE
I think you should swap Matt and Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom