• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
some characters have to be in it like megaman, tails, A better pokemon that jigglypuff, GOD DAM!

some fun characters would be geno, tom nook, mr resetti, leon, Banjo Tooie, paper mario, petey piranha, Trixy Kong, Slippy, Mike Tyson, daisy, ridley, midna/fairy.

I really hope they put someone from animal crossing in, even though it would be impossible to do,
they also need to put geno and banjo tooie in, since they are such good fits.
All the playable characters in Brawl are main characters in their respective franchises. Some of the characters you listed , like Tom Nook, Daisy, and Trixy, are assist trophy material at best. Banjo is impossible since Microsoft owns Rare. Mike Tyson is a real person. ROFL no. Petey and Ridley are bosses. They probably always will be.

I think of the characters you listed, Paper Mario and Midna have the best chance. Geno is a minor character in one game AND a property of Square, so I don'r think he'll ever be more than an assist trophy if anything at all.

I think the best candidates for new characters in a future Smash game are some of the main characters who are assist trophies now such as Lyn, Isaac, Lil' Mac, and Saki and maybe a few very popular third parties like Megaman and Ryu.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
no TOM Nook!! much less Resseiti, how would he move? I'm sorry, it's just because i've never gotten into the Animal Crossing series, although the human guy does look intersting.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Yeah, Tom Nook would be dumb. He's really just the shop keeper. An Animal Crossing human would much better represent the series.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Tom Nook is likely the best representation though. The Animal Crossing human is whoever you make it to be. There's no real look for the guy either. K.K. Slider and Ressetti also don't work as well, because one's a character that shows up once a week in a optional event, and the other you're not technically supposed to see at all. You have to deal with Nook though no matter what, and despite being a shop keeper, he's got quite a bit of move set pottential.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Tom Nook is likely the best representation though. The Animal Crossing human is whoever you make it to be. There's no real look for the guy either. K.K. Slider and Ressetti also don't work as well, because one's a character that shows up once a week in a optional event, and the other you're not technically supposed to see at all. You have to deal with Nook though no matter what, and despite being a shop keeper, he's got quite a bit of move set pottential.
Could Tom Nook use all these tools that people are suggesting for the Animal Crosser (I haven't played the games)?

And couldn't K.K. :( ?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Nook sells the tools, so I wouldn't see why not. Plus, they could give him some tanuki powers. :o

K.K. Doesn't really have any real connection witha ny of the tools though, and would probably just ahve to stick with a guitar.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Nook sells the tools, so I wouldn't see why not. Plus, they could give him some tanuki powers. :o

K.K. Doesn't really have any real connection witha ny of the tools though, and would probably just ahve to stick with a guitar.
Dang. They could update K.K. to an Assist Trophy that whacks people with his guitar though. (Sorry, the idea is just so funny to me)

Tom Nook and Nookington's for SSB4?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Dang. They could update K.K. to an Assist Trophy that whacks people with his guitar though. (Sorry, the idea is just so funny to me)

Tom Nook and Nookington's for SSB4?
He could easily fill in Barbara's spot as an AT.

I just remembered something funny. What if each guitar hit resulted in a mecha coming out of the victim's forehead?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Not really, since it's a Nintendo fighting game.

But really, all the movesets have been non Nintendo characters. Ummm, does something seem off to anyone besides me.....
NANDABA NAOTA WILL BE IN SUPER SMASH BROS. 4 OR MY NAME ISN'T CHIEF BITORES MENDEZ

How do you mean? There are plenty of Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Mario, and Zelda movesets on the MYM 3.0 thread. Granted, there are also a good number of characters that are totally impossible, but they're probably not even the majority.

lol bcuz thats just a username on a forum

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
The American prevailing is a cliche that only happens in your Hollywood movies. Oh Mr. Kennedy, you entertain me. To show my appreciation,
I will help you awaken from your world of cliches.
No, really, Leon S. Kennedy. Someone's done him, I know it.
Maybe in another MYM, but not (so far as I know) in the currently-running one.

EDIT - Yoshimitsu's been done in MYM 3 (and 2, I think). But all the others are still un-touched, to my knowledge.

smashbot226

Smash Master
The American prevailing is a cliche that only happens in your Hollywood movies. Oh Mr. Kennedy, you entertain me. To show my appreciation,

Maybe in another MYM, but not (so far as I know) in the currently-running one.

EDIT - Yoshimitsu's been done in MYM 3 (and 2, I think). But all the others are still un-touched, to my knowledge.
Astaroth says hello.

OH RIGHT NOBODY CARES ABOUT MY CHARACTERS.

BECAUSE ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS FAPPING OVER DRACULA AND VOLDO.

I'll stop now.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Not Dracula said:
]BECAUSE ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS FAPPING OVER DRACULA AND VOLDO.
*fapfapfap*

...Sorry, what? Did you say something? :confused:

If 'filipino had mentioned Astaroth, I totally woulda' had you covered, man.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Hey, don't forget Nightmare now, and soon to be Cervantes!

But seriously, tiers of soul calibur character moveset potetional while giving them specials that aren't generic:

Top Tier:
Nightmare (Mouth in chest, soul charge actually makes sense for him, spike in helmet, monster arm)
Voldo (Can do a dashing crawl attack and can get things like a btilt/bsmash/etc)
Cervantes (Can fire bullets from his sword, soul oriented attacks actually make sense for him, has original fighting style overall, can make water due to being pirate)
Yoshimitsu (Meditation, sword pogo, helicopter sword move, poison breath, etc)
Necrid (Can steal moves from other characters while having some unique ones of his own.)
Olcadan (Can use all the weapons of the soul calibur characters in various moves)

High Tier:
Zasalamel (Magic, lots of suicide moves to match his personality.)
Raphael (Vampiric attacks)
Tira (Attacks related to her mood swings, possibly a "transformation" character.)

Mid Tier:
Ivy (Her weapon is very versatile with the range of how far the whip can extend.)
Lizardman (He has a basic one handed axe, the shield, the tail, as well as he claws and teeth.)
Cassandra/Sophitia (Like Lizardman but worse, the sword is more generic then the axe, and they lack the lizard features of Lizardman.)
Talim (Wind magic)
Astaroth (He'd be the slowest most powerful character in the game most likely, although make up for his insane slowness with range.)

Low/Bottom:
Everybody else, not even worth considering doing. This is ignoring anything in Soul Calibur 4 except for the resdesigns of the characters, as I have yet to play that game.

BECAUSE ALL YOU CARE ABOUT IS FAPPING OVER DRACULA AND VOLDO.
Fixed.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Top Tier:
Nightmare (Mouth in chest, soul charge actually makes sense for him, spike in helmet, monster arm)
Voldo (Can do a dashing crawl attack and can get things like a btilt/bsmash/etc)
Cervantes (Can fire bullets from his sword, soul oriented attacks actually make sense for him, has original fighting style overall, can make water due to being pirate)
Necrid (Can steal moves from other characters while having some unique ones of his own.)
Olcadan (Can use all the weapons of the soul calibur characters in various moves)

High Tier:
Tira (Attacks related to her mood swings, possibly a "transformation" character.)

Mid Tier:
Ivy (Her weapon is very versatile with the range of how far the whip can extend.)
Lizardman (He has a basic one handed axe, the shield, the tail, as well as he claws and teeth.)
Cassandra/Sophitia (Like Lizardman but worse, the sword is more generic then the axe, and they lack the lizard features of Lizardman.)
Talim (Wind magic)
Astaroth (He'd be the slowest most powerful character in the game most likely, although make up for his insane slowness with range.)

Low/Bottom:
Everybody else, not even worth considering doing. This is ignoring anything in Soul Calibur 4 except for the resdesigns of the characters, as I have yet to play that game.

Broken Tier:
Amy Sorel (Owns Raphael in every way)
See what I did there. :D

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hey, don't forget Nightmare now, and soon to be Cervantes!

But seriously, tiers of soul calibur character moveset potetional while giving them specials that aren't generic:

Top Tier:

High Tier:

Mid Tier:
Talim (Wind magic)

Low/Bottom:
I HAS ISSUES WITH TIRE LIST.

Yoshimitsu should be at the top of top tier. And Talim should be top tier as well. Come on, she has wind magic.

Cervantes's gun is a no-no for Smash. Also, since when do pirates generally have the ability to make water?

What I want for SSB4.

-Less Gay
-Less unnecessary ****
-No tripping
-The designers to have an active role in the Smash community.
-Actual Balance
-Better playing engine
-More options
-An RBG color editor
-Advanced playing techniques that are accessible but still require implementation time.
-Cure Falcons Arthritis (Give me my Knee back!)
-Bring back Dream Land 64
-Improve on Aerial combat besides making all characters floaty as hell.

I could honestly care less for the characters really. Just Bring Back Falcon and Marth.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
-The designers to have an active role in the Smash community.
But see, can you define "Smash community"?

If you mean the much-vaunted "Competitive Players", then you're talking about an incredibly small percentage of actual Smash Bros. players, so why would anyone spend time and (more importantly) money pandering to them, when the potential rewards are almost non-existent? I mean, I can guarantee that even if Brawl was the holy "Melee 2.0", people still would've found issues with it.

And it probably wouldn't have sold as well, to boot. :ohwell:

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
When people say 'advanced techniques' what exactly do they mean? I know that L-Cancelling and Wavedashing are (notice I didn't use 'were') advanced techniques, adn thsoe two seem like the only ones I've heard people saying they want back.

--My opinion, some of them should definately come back, but wavedashing... nah.

-And oh yeah in the next smash game, keep the ability to run and perform the up smash while still stopping. That's good enough of a wavedash for me /:

But see, can you define "Smash community"?

If you mean the much-vaunted "Competitive Players", then you're talking about an incredibly small percentage of actual Smash Bros. players, so why would anyone spend time and (more importantly) money pandering to them, when the potential rewards are almost non-existent? I mean, I can guarantee that even if Brawl was the holy "Melee 2.0", people still would've found issues with it.

And it probably wouldn't have sold as well, to boot. :ohwell:
When you look at the sales for Smash, you can pretty much assume that there was a community for said game. Not simply just the competitive players, but casual players as well. Competitive players can comment on balancing issues and casual players could influence general gameplay mechanics.

Even though this community is small, Nintendo knows of it's existence.Many of the new players came here because of their strategy guide that referred smashboards and the competitive community. Our existence isn't really an excuse. (And if you didn't know, Nintendo actually referred to this site to remove everything we found at E For All and delay the game for said purpose. The demo was simply a way for Nintendo to beta test and give us the big finger in the end. Sad that the Beta was actually more balanced than the final product minus the Meta Knight glitches )

How could Nintendo benefit from this? Simple Marketing strategy. The audience for the game could broaden if it had competitive attention by larger companies such as MLG. By expanding the audience, you can get people from different game franchises to play smash, thus potentially increasing the games sales figures. Larger companies could be essentially sponsoring the title to larger audiences.

Also, this isn't about Making 'Melee 2.0' (I loath that ignorant presumption). It's about making Brawl so that it doesn't have a half ***** engine where most victories are character counter-picks. In addition to that, where the game doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary aesthetics and crap. SSB4 doesn't have to be another Melee, it just needs to live up to the hype.

Also, how in the hell would the game not sale? It's Smash Bros. People would buy it regardless. So the casual demographic really doesn't need that much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom