• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
you didn't include X character! you suck!

but seriously, its pretty **** hard to list ALL of the possible contestents for SSb4. though i think you did pretty good there.
Well yeah, because no matter how much we guess at it, I guarantee that Sakurai or whoever will throw us for a loop and include a character (or four) that pretty much no one expected. We wouldn't want Smash to get predictable now, would we?

Some franchises in Smash are still evolving and will get a new stage based on more current locations (see Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Port Town Aero Dive, New Pork City, Spear Pillar). On the other hand, several stages will probably still be iconic throwbacks to older games (Halberd, Yoshi's Island, Norfair, Mushroomy Kingdom, Green Hill Zone), and some aren't really completely based on recent games and are more generic (Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Castle Siege).

Conclusion: Who the heck knows- Smash will still be unpredictable, but it's sure dang fun to open our collective minds and speculate.

Fellow Smashboardians, does anyone have any cool, new, detailed stage ideas for Star Fox, Metroid, or (forgive my lack of knowledge on the franchise) The Legend of Zelda? Note that Star Fox Assault, Metroid Prime 1, Twilight Princess, and The Wind Waker will most likely not be represented by new stages.

Roihu

Smash Ace
Add Krystal from star fox.---playable character

Switch ZZS for Dark Samus

PLEASE SAKURI IMPROVE THE BALNCE.......
Switching ZSS? You know how much flame/hate mail Sakurai would get? :p
Krystal getting in is meh. Nobody really likes her. Snake getting out would be like hell breaking lose for some people.

Well yeah, because no matter how much we guess at it, I guarantee that Sakurai or whoever will throw us for a loop and include a character (or four) that pretty much no one expected. We wouldn't want Smash to get predictable now, would we?

Some franchises in Smash are still evolving and will get a new stage based on more current locations (see Bridge of Eldin, Pirate Ship, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon, Port Town Aero Dive, New Pork City, Spear Pillar). On the other hand, several stages will probably still be iconic throwbacks to older games (Halberd, Yoshi's Island, Norfair, Mushroomy Kingdom, Green Hill Zone), and some aren't really completely based on recent games and are more generic (Lylat Cruise, Smashville, Castle Siege).

Conclusion: Who the heck knows- Smash will still be unpredictable, but it's sure dang fun to open our collective minds and speculate.

Fellow Smashboardians, does anyone have any cool, new, detailed stage ideas for Star Fox, Metroid, or (forgive my lack of knowledge on the franchise) The Legend of Zelda? Note that Star Fox Assault, Metroid Prime 1, Twilight Princess, and The Wind Waker will most likely not be represented by new stages.
I wonder what people speculated about being in Brawl before it came out...

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
I wonder what people speculated about being in Brawl before it came out...
We were all relatively sure that Krystal would be in the game, for one. Also Midna seemed very likely, and you couldn't find a soul on the boards who though Ganon would keep his cloned moveset. Ridley was ASSURED, especially after the Dojo put out an update with his music in it...Micaiah was another character some expected to see (if not her, then at least one other Fire Emblem character).

Nobody expected R.O.B., Pokemon Trainer was a big surprise (even though a few oddballs had suggested the idea)...Wolf was never really expected. We thought it'd be Krystal before him, anyway.

And of course, Mewtwo being cut just came out of left field. Roy, Pichu and Doc were expected to leave, but Mewtwo's absence was really weird. Some people felt the Ice Climbers wouldn't make it, either.

That's basically it. There were a lot of other ideas thrown around, but those were the general trends.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Krystal getting in is meh. Nobody really likes her.
A lot of people wanted her in, no joke. Perhaps people that oppose her are just more vocal, which is weird, because what's the harm in adding more characters (it's not like she was actually threatening another popular choice's chances)? A magazine I was reading before all the characters were revealed on the Dojo said that they expected Krystal to be the last newcomer revealed (it was Olimar instead). That might have been Nintendo Power though. And the leak of her voice actress gave me so much false hope....:(

EDIT - metaXzero: Too bad, years from now we'll be telling all the new blood about the pre-Brawl days. :p

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
@SmashBrosMike: Not a bad listing, but isn't it a tad small...? I mean, there are tons more characters you could've added. But hey, it's your list. I'm just saying. Overall, I could agree with all the inclusions. :)

Oh, and by the way you accidentally replaced Mewtwo with Meowth... :laugh:
Well for the next smash bros game. I think that there will be 48 playable. So yeah 12 in smash bros. 20 in melee, 35 in brawl. so I think that there will be 48 in the next smash game. Also I did put Meowth and sorry but Mewtwo won't be returning since he didn't appear in brawla nad due to him being at the bottom of the poll.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Putting in another first gen pokemon before Mewtwo is suicide. Mendez covered most of it, although K. Rool was always another popular choice. There wern't that many people looking for Dixie, as her popularity is scarce on message boards. Black Shadow had a slight following after Samurai Goroh was knocked off, also. Some ignorant people were also crazed with getting Tom Nook as an Animal Crossing character despite him being in the background of Smashville.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm expecting about 50 for the next time. Melee added 14 characters and Brawl added 15 (but took out 4 since Young Link turned into Toon Link). Assuming no one gets cut, we'll have another ten-fifteen characters added judging by the patterns.

Roihu

Smash Ace
A lot of people wanted her in, no joke. Perhaps people that oppose her are just more vocal, which is weird, because what's the harm in adding more characters (it's not like she was actually threatening another popular choice's chances)? A magazine I was reading before all the characters were revealed on the Dojo said that they expected Krystal to be the last newcomer revealed (it was Olimar instead). That might have been Nintendo Power though. And the leak of her voice actress gave me so much false hope....:(

EDIT - metaXzero: Too bad, years from now we'll be telling all the new blood about the pre-Brawl days. :p
What I meant to say was that the majority don't know her.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
What I meant to say was that the majority don't know her.
True, but you'd be surprised at how many people I know didn't know where Meta Knight or King Dedede came from. But Krystal was the logical Star Fox choice
even though I've gotten over it now and am liking Wolf

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Putting in another first gen pokemon before Mewtwo is suicide. Mendez covered most of it, although K. Rool was always another popular choice.
so.. in order words, by Sakurai adding Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle it's suicidal? I think not, I believe it's by adding a less popular pokemon that would make your statement true, *looks at Jiggs*

True, but you'd be surprised at how many people I know didn't know where Meta Knight or King Dedede came from.

lol.. the first time I saw MetaKnight (which was in the brawl trailer) I thought he was a the Black Mage with upgraded gear from Final Fantasy

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

lol.. the first time I saw MetaKnight (which was in the brawl trailer) I thought he was a the Black Mage with upgraded gear from Final Fantasy
Yep...also, why do you post in pink?

Come on Jiggs has the O12 card, AND, people in Japan still prefer her to Mewtwo... or at least the most recent poll shows so.
What recent poll?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
I'm NOT attacking Pokemon Trainer, or Jigglypuff. I was attacking Smashbrosmike for suggesting Meowth over Mewtwo, which is laughable.

Mewtwo doesn't deserve it over Jiggs so much as Falco, Toon Link, and Ice Climbers. Or better yet, considering how easy he'd be to implement, why do we have stickers and masterpieces over Mewtwo? Hmmmm? That useless game chronicle isn't helping either.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Well for the next smash bros game. I think that there will be 48 playable. So yeah 12 in smash bros. 20 in melee, 35 in brawl. so I think that there will be 48 in the next smash game. Also I did put Meowth and sorry but Mewtwo won't be returning since he didn't appear in brawla nad due to him being at the bottom of the poll.
The post was made "Today at 3:40 AM", pacific time. I'd hardly call that a month ago, filipino.:psycho:

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
toon link doesn't deserve ****. we only need one freaken link! there's a reason the doc got cut... i hate toon link...
Yeah...Dr. Mario was practically exactly the same as Mario...and not too many people were huge fans of Dr. Mario before Melee, I don't think. (He was cool though) Apparently Wind Waker was one of the best Zelda games ever, but of course I haven't played any Zelda games so I wouldn't know.

EDIT - Warlord: He was replying to a post made almost a month ago XD

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
What recent poll?
Not recent, but, most recent. In 2006 (When Brawl was in development, mind you) to conmemorate Pokemon's 10 year anniversary, 10 DVDs were released featuring 10 individual Pokemon. The first one featured Pikachu, then, to decide the other 9, a poll was held on Pokemon.com, and the first Pokemon elected was Jigglypuff.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Not recent, but, most recent. In 2006 (When Brawl was in development, mind you) to conmemorate Pokemon's 10 year anniversary, 10 DVDs were released featuring 10 individual Pokemon. The first one featured Pikachu, then, to decide the other 9, a poll was held on Pokemon.com, and the first Pokemon elected was Jigglypuff.
I heard about that one. Wasn't it just for America though?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Come on Jiggs has the O12 card, AND, people in Japan still prefer her to Mewtwo... or at least the most recent poll shows so.
even so, I still prefer Mewtwo over Jiggs, but again this is just my opinion

Mewtwo doesn't deserve it over Jiggs so much as Falco, Toon Link, and Ice Climbers. Or better yet, considering how easy he'd be to implement, why do we have stickers and masterpieces over Mewtwo? Hmmmm? That useless game chronicle isn't helping either.

are you serious? you rather see another cloned out character than an original? I just can't understand some people.

Yep...also, why do you post in pink?
because I can
or maybe because I'm G-A-Y- **just kidding, just kidding, don't freak out**

toon link doesn't deserve ****. we only need one freaken link! there's a reason the doc got cut... i hate toon link...
second here, I would have rather seen Mewtwo than another useless clone, but again this is my opinion

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
flyinfilipino said:
Yeah, I never did get that.
I do. It was a sad, sad day indeed when Nook showed up in those Smashville screenshots. We already have a stage, an AT, music, trophies, stickers, and even an item from the franchise, so an actual fighter is the logical next step.

Some people want a generic "Animal Crosser", but I'm of the opinion that Nook is easily the most iconic and well-respected Animal Crossing character (though he might be tied with Resetti). Also, the 'Crosser would be weird, because it's different for everyone.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah, I never did get that.

EDIT - Kuma: Are they really patterns, or were the numbers caused by development limitations?
Well, the pattern is only an assumption. I'm just noticing a trend. That's all.

sauc3

Smash Lord
some characters have to be in it like megaman, tails, A better pokemon that jigglypuff, GOD DAM!

some fun characters would be geno, tom nook, mr resetti, leon, Banjo Tooie, paper mario, petey piranha, Trixy Kong, Slippy, Mike Tyson, daisy, ridley, midna/fairy.

I really hope they put someone from animal crossing in, even though it would be impossible to do,
they also need to put geno and banjo tooie in, since they are such good fits.

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
Tlink is nice.
I would be sad if he left, considering Wind Waker is my fave Zelda game D:
Just for him to be decloned.

Like, mmaybe a typhoon type Final Smash.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Resetii > Tom Nook any day. His A moves would be easier due to the pickaxe, and Resetii is filled with personality while Tom Nook's a generic salesman. Reset your games a few times to see what I'm talking about.

In the event Animal Crossing gets a stage that isn't the entire town, the museum should be a stage, it could be scrolling with all the stuff in the background, or if you want a more solid stage you could have it be in the dinosaur section, fighting on the backs of the dinosaur skeletons.

~rh

Smash Lord
Resetii is the worst man. I hate him. I bet he'll slow walk even if you like... put down your controller or something. :laugh:

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Resetii > Tom Nook any day. His A moves would be easier due to the pickaxe, and Resetii is filled with personality while Tom Nook's a generic salesman. Reset your games a few times to see what I'm talking about.

In the event Animal Crossing gets a stage that isn't the entire town, the museum should be a stage, it could be scrolling with all the stuff in the background, or if you want a more solid stage you could have it be in the dinosaur section, fighting on the backs of the dinosaur skeletons.
Actually, Nook's A moves wouldn't be too hard. They can be easily influenced by Tanuki folklore.

While Reseti does indeed have quite the personality, he does not represent the series best like Nook who the game practically revolves around.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Resetti's entrance animation would be like a full-length film...

Anyway, all in all, I'd rather just have the Animal Crosser. While the arguments for the others (especially Tom Nook) are worthwhile, the normal Crosser just appeals to me more. I mean, I came to really HATE both Tom Nook and Mr. Resetti. If they got in, I'd never use them, just to spite their ugly mugs... But the Crosser, man, I WAS him. I felt his pain, and grew attached to him. Maybe we should put them all in, so I can be Animal Crosser and beat the living snot out of Nook and Resetti...

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
The problem with the Crosser is that it doesn't even have a set gender or appearance.

smashbot226

Smash Master
I like Crosser. Eh uses teh axez and eh doesn't afraid of anything.

---------

Seriously, though, Tom would be a good character, but he'd be an AMAZING Assist Trophy.

Ability: Make a ton of items fall from the sky.

EPIC. ANTI-TOURNEYF*G. WIN.

And Crosser has a more viable moveset than Nook. I can think of his/her specials off the top of my head.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I don't think gender or appearance would be a problem. They could just pick the most "normal" look for both genders, and put them in as two different outfits, like Wario has.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Some people want a generic "Animal Crosser", but I'm of the opinion that Nook is easily the most iconic and well-respected Animal Crossing character (though he might be tied with Resetti). Also, the 'Crosser would be weird, because it's different for everyone.
K. K. Slider says Hello.

He's also a side character. Look at the boxart and see who the focal point is. I can tell you, it ain't Tom Nook. It's the crosser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom