• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Official SSB4 Discussion] --- Nintendo announces 2 new Smash games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And I don't think his design had anything to do with the localization or whatever, he's just one of those characters. Can you imagine what it would have been like if they had made a "manly" version of Marth JUST for the western release of Brawl? lol
I'm guessing he would have the same physique as Ike in RD (That should be his look in SSB4), shorter hair, more masculine looking eyes, and a significantly deeper voice.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
I'm guessing he would have the same physique as Ike in RD (That should be his look in SSB4), shorter hair, more masculine looking eyes, and a significantly deeper voice, as well as no tiara.
Fixed. Also, keeping the physique he currently has is fine in my opinion. Also, speaking of Marth, do you think they'll get him an english VA next SSB(FE11)?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Good question. However, that's assuming that the remake game is brought over here. Anyway, can't wait to hear Marth as Shinji.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pretty sure a variation of each one is present in every FF game, with some new classes being added in each game.

In the original FF, you had to pick four classes to use for the rest of the game and each character was stuck with their class.

In FF2, I think your classes changes as you grow depending on the skills you used.

FF3 gives you the choice to change "jobs" whenever you wanted, but you had to play through the gamne to gain access to more jobs, plus switching forced you to undergo a transition period where your stats are temporarily decreased.

In the more character driven FF games (i.e. all of them since IV), every character has a set class and you have to play them as such. Most characters in these games tend to be of a classes in the original game. For example, Aerith in FF7 was pretty much a white mage in disguise.
I guess FF is kinda iffy. Despite being really well-known, there aren't too many common characters.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
The first game gives you 6 classes

Warrior/Knight - Can use lots of weapons and armor, limited White Magic use when upgraded to Knight.

Theif/Ninja - Fast with high accuracy and evasion, can use limited weapons and armor. Limited Black Magic use when upgraded to Ninja

Monk/Master - Master of hand to hand, often needs no weapon, very few armor options. Offensive juggernaut but lacks magic and takes a lot of damage from magic attacks.

Black Mage/Black Wizard - Master of offensive black magic but physically weak and slow. High magic defense, though.

White Mage/White Wizard - Master of defensive white magic but shares the same weaknesses and strengths as the Black Mage/Wizard

Red Mage/Red Wizard - Jack of all trades and a master of none. Can use a decent number of weapons and armor and can use a limited amount of both white and black magic.

I see you've played the original FF before, well I just so happen to be playing that game for the first time on my PS2, and I must say I think I built a pretty decent group as I have a Knight/Black Mage/Red Mage and Thief who kinda looks like a Link sprite btw.

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
I see you've played the original FF before, well I just so happen to be playing that game for the first time on my PS2, and I must say I think I built a pretty decent group as I have a Knight/Black Mage/Red Mage and Thief who kinda looks like a Link sprite btw.
I have the PSP version, which is apparently a lot easier than the original NES version, but what're gonna do, eh? I stuck with Warrior/Monk/Red Mage/White Mage. Worked pretty well for me.

I prefer the DS version of FF3, though. I like being able to change jobs for the current situation. Monk/Black Belt are broken as crap. You almost never need to buy them weapons or armor (most of the time you get 'em for free) and they deal TONS of damage.

Also, to be ON-TOPIC yeah FF doesn't have one rep that could cover the whole series. Cid doesn't count as none of the Cids are the same person, nor are they actually related. FF has Dissidia, though, so I don' t think it should be an issue.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Square chose a Black Mage, and I think a White Mage, Ninja, and Cactuar to represent FF in that Mario Basketball game, if that means anything. They seem pretty generic though.

GigaKoopa, why do you post in pink?

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
You got me. *falls over and dies*

Dangit, I totally wanna see the Contra guy(s) in Smash Bros. now. What're their names again?
Bill Rizer and Lance Bean. I love Wikipedia

EDIT: they were also given the codenames of Mad Dog and Scorpion, which they were more commonly referred by than their original names. I still love Wikipedia

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Bill Rizer and Lance Bean. I love Wikipedia

EDIT: they were also given the codenames of Mad Dog and Scorpion, which they were more commonly referred by than their original names. I still love Wikipedia
Ah. Well then, a quick update of my wishlist for the next Smash:

Tails

Simon Belmont

Mega Man

Ryu

Chun-Li

The Contra Guy

and last but not least,

Mt. Dedede

darkserenade

Smash Ace
@Tails: Lol, he has two tails, totally broken.
@Simon Belmont: Lol, he has holy water, totally broken.
@Megaman: Lol, he can fire his laza, totally broken.
@Ryu: Lol, he would be a clone of Kirby, totally broken.
@Chun-Li: Lol, she has a hyphen in her name, totally broken.
@Contra Guy: Lol, he's a Contra Guy, totally broken.
@Mt. Dedede: Lol, you put a picture of him, totally broken.
@Crap: Acceptable!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

^Best picture I can find of K. Rool's. Sorry, I didn't look hard. Bowser. . .Picture the standard bridge over lava you fight Bowser in SMB, with an axe to destroy the bridge. No cieling to allow for star kos? The bridge wouldn't stay out long and would break slowly piece by piece, so you wouldn't have to stay in the air for long.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
INCORRECT!

...Sort of. Bill & Lance were only "Mad Dog & Scorpion" in the original Contra's (NES) American release, due to a lack of communication between the US and Japanese branches of Konami. Basically, some marketing guy at Konami USA thought "Mad Dog" and "Scorpion" were cool-sounding names for two buff commandos, so...that's what they were called.

The names "Mad Dog & Scorpion" weren't used for characters again until Contra 4, where Mad Dog & Scorpion are actually two separate people.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

Gangplank Galleon is the name of the entire ship, isn't it? I always thought it would make a great stage for a certain character. (and fill the role of "ship" stage for the game :/)

This one, right? I've always thought Bowser deserved his own fortress/castle at some point. This would make for a nice stage (with a visual upgrade, like Mushroomy Kingdom). (and fill the role of "lava" stage for the game)
seriously, Metroid is not all about lava

I can probably come up with some good stage layouts for these two later. Gangplank Galleon and Bowser's Fortress for SSB4!

Darkwashu

Smash Ace
I'm guessing he would have the same physique as Ike in RD (That should be his look in SSB4), shorter hair, more masculine looking eyes, and a significantly deeper voice.
*Imagines Ike saying "I fight for my friends" in a voice as deep as Meta Knights*:ohwell:

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I'm bringing this back up since nobody responded to the idea.

2) Character Mode
  • Rule # 1: 2-6 characters per player
  • Rule # 2: 1 stock per character
  • Rule # 3: No doubles
  • Rule # 4: When starting, characters can be assigned to directions on the D Pad, as well as the A and B buttons
  • Rule # 5: Default starter is random.
  • Rule # 6: Starter may be changed manually by holding the respective direction/button assigned to the character
  • Rule # 7: While on safe ground, players may swap characters using a button assigned with a command called Swap.
  • Rule # 8: Start, if Pause is disabled, defaults to Swap.
  • Rule # 9: The new character won't be damaged, but the old character will retain all damage he/she took.

So you know SSE's idea of having the player have extra characters to work with on stages, right? What if that was a VS mode? We could set up our own teams of characters to battle each other with. Heck, we could even devise strategies with them. I certainly have my general strategy for my character set down.
There's also a priority decay idea in the same post, but at least it got some responses.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It probably got no response because...well, it's basically another way of saying "Tag-Team", which has been pretty well covered already in this thread.

How would A and B work for switching?

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
It probably got no response because...well, it's basically another way of saying "Tag-Team", which has been pretty well covered already in this thread.
This thread is pretty big anyway. 450 pages at this point and all. I think I'd rather bring up the idea regardless and save a few people a search.

I did some searching just now though. Yeah, there should be a minimal amount of time inbetween switches to prevent abuse.

How would A and B work for switching?
Actually, you would hold the respective button or D-Pad direction when choosing a starter, or press the respective such right after pressing the Swap button. Think Pokemon Stadium, kind of.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
MINNA, MITEITE KURE!

...That's more like it. :bee:
No,

MINNA, MITEITE KURE.

On-Topic: Any ideas for a new Pokemon stage (besides Saffron City)? I'm hoping we don't get a Pokemon Stadium 3. I was thinking something along the lines of a Pokemon Safari (Safari Zone, not based on anyone in particular) where either a moving platform or some sort of trolley car moves the battle through a Pokemon park with many different habitats and Pokemon and hazards. Eh?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've always thought that the idea of a gym based level would be kind of cool. One set in a Pokemon Gym would definately be gimmicky, but I'd like it.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
And all this time, I thought Marth said, "Hibbly jibbly wigglytuff." :ohwell:

A new Pokemon stage will probably be something generic-like. Something along the lines of Battle Tower or something.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion

Gangplank Galleon is the name of the entire ship, isn't it? I always thought it would make a great stage for a certain character. (and fill the role of "ship" stage for the game :/)

This one, right? I've always thought Bowser deserved his own fortress/castle at some point. This would make for a nice stage (with a visual upgrade, like Mushroomy Kingdom). (and fill the role of "lava" stage for the game)
seriously, Metroid is not all about lava

I can probably come up with some good stage layouts for these two later. Gangplank Galleon and Bowser's Fortress for SSB4!
The two stages should be upgraded--A LOT! And new twists should be added to them (maybe...).
And Bowser's stage would be nice--but am I the only one who would like to see a Mario Kart version of his stage? Bowser's Kart Castles are always epic!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I've always thought that the idea of a gym based level would be kind of cool. One set in a Pokemon Gym would definately be gimmicky, but I'd like it.
Perhaps one with an open roof (for Star KOs). Would it have some sort of theme (type)?

And all this time, I thought Marth said, "Hibbly jibbly wigglytuff." :ohwell:

A new Pokemon stage will probably be something generic-like. Something along the lines of Battle Tower or something.
Wigglytuff, lol. Actually, that's not a bad idea. The Battle Tower seems to be a recurring element in the newer games. In fact, since it is a skyscraper, maybe they could model it just like Saffron City....

The two stages should be upgraded--A LOT! And new twists should be added to them (maybe...).
And Bowser's stage would be nice--but am I the only one who would like to see a Mario Kart version of his stage? Bowser's Kart Castles are always epic!
Every time I think of Bowser's Castle, I think of Mario Kart. Specifically, the Bowser's Castle tracks from Super Mario Kart. (and the music with the orchestra hits: dun, DUN!)

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Pokemon stage? Well I hope we get Pokemon Colosseum that combines the elements from Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 and adds four more (so neither end up as Past Stages). Another idea I had was for Sky Pillar from RSE. Maybe we could have something from Pokemon Snap?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Pokemon stage? Well I hope we get Pokemon Colosseum that combines the elements from Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 and adds four more (so neither end up as Past Stages). Another idea I had was for Sky Pillar from RSE. Maybe we could have something from Pokemon Snap?
My idea for a Pokemon Safari stage is pretty similar to Pokemon Snap. It could feature various Pokemon from all generations living in different habitats, and you could get around by fighting on top of a large trolley or flying platform or something. Pokemon Snap was the inspiration (yay future sequel?).

Eh, I think Sky Pillar is outdated now. Though in my wildest dreams, since it doesn't look like they'll be remaking Gold/Silver/Crystal versions in a very long time, there could be a stage set in Johto as a tribute, like fighting atop the Tin Tower or something. In my wildest dreams.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
My idea for a Pokemon Safari stage is pretty similar to Pokemon Snap. It could feature various Pokemon from all generations living in different habitats, and you could get around by fighting on top of a large trolley or flying platform or something. Pokemon Snap was the inspiration (yay future sequel?).

Eh, I think Sky Pillar is outdated now. Though in my wildest dreams, since it doesn't look like they'll be remaking Gold/Silver/Crystal versions in a very long time, there could be a stage set in Johto as a tribute, like fighting atop the Tin Tower or something. In my wildest dreams.
For safari idea--I had a similar idea, but suggested Pal Park. Pretty much the exact same idea, just a different name. Also I imagined the fight on top of a platform not-so-different than SmashVille's..

^^GoldenRod Radio tower! It's like going back to good ole smash 64 (Safaron City), but a bit newer. ??

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
For safari idea--I had a similar idea, but suggested Pal Park. Pretty much the exact same idea, just a different name. Also I imagined the fight on top of a platform not-so-different than SmashVille's..

^^GoldenRod Radio tower! It's like going back to good ole smash 64 (Safaron City), but a bit newer. ??
I thought about Pal Park, but I don't think the next generation of Pokemons would use it, whereas a Safari Game (in some form) has been in every region. Stationary like Smashville? But what about all the cool Pokemon habitats? :(

Ehh, I wanna see the Tin Tower because I think they could put in some sick remixes of some old Johto songs: the Dance Theater, Dragon's Den, Burned Tower, Ecruteak City, National Park, and of course, the Tin Tower song would fit the stage. (Only in our wildest dreams though.) (But isn't that what this thread is about? :) )

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
I thought about Pal Park, but I don't think the next generation of Pokemons would use it, whereas a Safari Game (in some form) has been in every region. Stationary like Smashville? But what about all the cool Pokemon habitats? :(

Ehh, I wanna see the Tin Tower because I think they could put in some sick remixes of some old Johto songs: the Dance Theater, Dragon's Den, Burned Tower, Ecruteak City, National Park, and of course, the Tin Tower song would fit the stage. (Only in our wildest dreams though.) (But isn't that what this thread is about? :) )
No no no, not stationary! Just the same type of platform as smashville's :)

And Tin Tower would be much better than Golden Rod I agree with you on that! Burned Tower=Interesting--aren't they both in/next to Ecruteak City (I miss Silver/Crystal--never got Gold)?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
No no no, not stationary! Just the same type of platform as smashville's :)

And Tin Tower would be much better than Golden Rod I agree with you on that! Burned Tower=Interesting--aren't they both in/next to Ecruteak City (I miss Silver/Crystal--never got Gold)?
OH, gotcha!

They are both in Ecruteak City, yep. It was my favorite city in all of Pokemon. Johto had the best songs, followed by Hoenn. I'd kill (not really) for an epic remix of any of those Johto songs I mentioned. I only had Gold Version, but now it's pretty much dead. R.I.P. Johto!

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
The single Pokemon song that NEEDS: to be in Smash: Gold/Silver - Vs. Lance/Red. Seriously.

I think that Pal Park might be a better fit for the all habitats stage than the Safari Zone sine the Safari Zone doesn't have as many different areas... then again, neither of them would have a huge amount of variety if they stuck to the games. I want to go through icy and magma-y places too!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
My ideal Pokemon stage would have to be...Route 1. Well, I guess it doesn't have to be that specific route, so long as it follows the same basic idea:

1. A scrolling stage, slower than Mushroomy Kingdom, but in the same direction.

2. BIG (like Bridge of Eldin-sized).

Of course, there'd be patches of tall grass every now and then, and random wild Pokemon would attack you if you walked in front of it (it wouldn't actually be on the stage, so as not to obstruct vision). There'd be lots of variation in the elevation, with those little "jump cliffs" being represented as organic hills you'd climb up. There could be sections of shallow water (marshes) or deeper water (rivers, lakes), a desert area, and so on. In this way, you could display all the different kinds of Pokemon (maybe you could even take a short trip through Moon Mountain, and if you wanted to see more than slightly ahead of you, you'd have to attack a Clefairy to make it use Flash). Of course, in the background, there'd be all kinds of scenery--trainer battles, people on bikes, and even entire towns in the background.

Basically, a stage that represents the entire world of Pokemon!

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The single Pokemon song that NEEDS: to be in Smash: Gold/Silver - Vs. Lance/Red. Seriously.

I think that Pal Park might be a better fit for the all habitats stage than the Safari Zone sine the Safari Zone doesn't have as many different areas... then again, neither of them would have a huge amount of variety if they stuck to the games. I want to go through icy and magma-y places too!
Okay, okay, we can put Phendrana Drifts and Magmoor Caverns in the Pokemon stage too.

My ideal Pokemon stage would have to be...Route 1. Well, I guess it doesn't have to be that specific route, so long as it follows the same basic idea:

1. A scrolling stage, slower than Mushroomy Kingdom, but in the same direction.

2. BIG (like Bridge of Eldin-sized).

Of course, there'd be patches of tall grass every now and then, and random wild Pokemon would attack you if you walked in front of it (it wouldn't actually be on the stage, so as not to obstruct vision). There'd be lots of variation in the elevation, with those little "jump cliffs" being represented as organic hills you'd climb up. There could be sections of shallow water (marshes) or deeper water (rivers, lakes), a desert area, and so on. In this way, you could display all the different kinds of Pokemon (maybe you could even take a short trip through Moon Mountain, and if you wanted to see more than slightly ahead of you, you'd have to attack a Clefairy to make it use Flash). Of course, in the background, there'd be all kinds of scenery--trainer battles, people on bikes, and even entire towns in the background.

Basically, a stage that represents the entire world of Pokemon!
Cheif, you are brilliant.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Chief, you are brilliant.
I try, I try. :chuckle:

If there's one Pokemon song that I'd really like to see...it's probably the Primal/Dark Dialga battle music from Mystery Dungeon 2.

NOW DON'T GO GETTING THE WRONG IDEA

I'd like everyone to know that I don't like the game. In fact, I can't stand the Mystery Dungeon games, Roguelike perversions that they are. But my younger brother's a fan, and through him, I heard the song. Which is simply amazing.

EDIT - Here's a neat remix of the same song. I think the original song's better, but this is definitely more...complex.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
PokeRemixStudio FTW!

Anyway, that song owns too. I also really want to hear the original Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's them song. I loved those games so much... *sniff* Couldn't stand the post-game quest, though. A stage based on PMD would be pretty cool, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom